Ubigi

Ubigi, packshot

Idéal pour : Selon les retours Reddit, Ubigi convient particulièrement aux voyageurs au Japon qui cherchent des données mobiles et une eSIM réutilisable pour leurs prochains séjours.

En bref : Les utilisateurs Reddit jugent Ubigi globalement fiable, particulièrement au Japon, et apprécient son eSIM réutilisable ainsi que les recharges faciles. Les principales réserves concernent les pannes rapportées, une assistance souvent lente et les réductions de débit des forfaits illimités.

Note de consensus

7.3/10

#8 sur 17 · eSIM voyage

selon Reddit

Score de sentiment66 % positifs
Positifs265
Neutres56
Négatifs82

Points forts

Connexion stable

187 43

« Ubigi worked just fine for me - used ca 2GB a day as a solo traveler in Tokio. » Voir l’avis

« All of them generally work fine (jjesim, Ubigi, Airalo). » Voir l’avis

« Ubigi worked great for us in mid May of this year. » Voir l’avis

Réception appréciée

97 15

« L'année dernière je passais encore par ubigi pour mes voyages au Japon car ils travaillent avec NTT Docomo le meilleur fournisseur du pays mais les prix sont assez chers (30€ pour 20 Go). » Voir l’avis

« Just returned and used Ubigi, worked great in Fukuoka, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Tokyo, Sapporo and well as rural Hokkaido & Kyushu » Voir l’avis

« I switched immediately to Ubigi and got great internet in that same area. » Voir l’avis

Prix jugé avantageux

54 29

« Super easy to set up, inexpensive, and worked flawlessly. » Voir l’avis

« The problem I have with my provider, its mostly a per day kind of cost if I wanted to use my canadian phone providor where as a esim its a one time payment and you can pick how much data you want for… » Voir l’avis

« Ubigi was awesome I had unlimited for a good price for 4 phones » Voir l’avis

Débit apprécié

34 25

« I’d look at BNE, Umi, Numero, BetterRoaming, Airalo, Firsty or Ubigi for providers that route through the US. » Voir l’avis

« In terms of speed and latency they are not as good as other brands like airalo, Ubigi eyc. » Voir l’avis

« I burned about 2GB in 5secs flat with Ubigi in Spain, but look what I got: » Voir l’avis

Points faibles

Restrictions mal expliquées

6 16

« I decided to read Ubigi terms and conditions and based on my understanding, they can terminate service at anytime » Voir l’avis

« Yes, when this restriction is in place, it's impossible for your usage to put a strain on whichever network you're roaming on, nor are Ubigi interested in this - they may pretend they are to cover… » Voir l’avis

« The one issue I had with Ubigi is that you can only create one SIM per account. » Voir l’avis

Assistance décevante

9 20

« And then I was just there a couple weeks ago again and Ubigi did not work at all and was extremely difficult to deal with (I basically have just conceded I am eating the $20 I spent...) I used to… » Voir l’avis

« Ubigi support is slow and I don't think I'll use them again. » Voir l’avis

« Ended up getting a second e-sim and now chasing Ubigi for a refund. » Voir l’avis

CritèreNote /10Ce qu'en dit le consensus
Usages4.7Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient Ubigi pour la navigation, les messageries et le partage de connexion, mais regrettent parfois l’absence de numéro local.
Installation4.6Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient l’installation généralement simple et le profil réutilisable, malgré des problèmes d’activation, de transfert et de gestion des comptes.
Transparence1.7Les avis Reddit sont partagés entre des limites de débit jugées explicites et des conditions de forfait, de renouvellement ou de compte mal comprises.
Support2.6Les utilisateurs Reddit critiquent fréquemment les délais de réponse, malgré des témoignages d’aide rapide et de remboursements obtenus.
Fiabilité7.7Les retours Reddit sont globalement favorables sur plusieurs voyages, mais comprennent des pannes et des connexions sans accès effectif aux données.
Couverture7.5Les utilisateurs Reddit saluent surtout la couverture au Japon, mais signalent des lacunes selon les lieux et les pays inclus dans le forfait.
Vitesse5.1Les utilisateurs Reddit rapportent souvent de bons débits, avec des ralentissements en zone fréquentée et après les seuils des forfaits illimités.
Prix5.6Les utilisateurs Reddit trouvent souvent les forfaits compétitifs avec une remise, mais jugent certaines destinations et offres régionales ou illimitées coûteuses.
Mis à jour le 2026-09-29Comment on calcule

Avis Reddit

414 avis analysés · Positifs 265 Neutres 56 Négatifs 82

  • Manarolax 🇫🇷

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/AskFrance · Un avis sur voila esim ?

    L'année dernière je passais encore par ubigi pour mes voyages au Japon car ils travaillent avec NTT Docomo le meilleur fournisseur du pays mais les prix sont assez chers (30€ pour 20 Go). Depuis j'ai découvert que voila esim propose la même qualité de réseau (aussi avec NTT) mais pour 15€ moins cher... J'étais dubitatif au debut mais en prenant leur offre 20 Go pour 14,80€ je n'ai eu aucun probleme sur tout mon voyage (je suis resté chez eux pour la suite de mon voyage à Séoul, tout était simple là aussi)

    JaponRapport qualité-prix
  • NegativePerformer674 🇫🇷

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/voyageons · Un avis sur "voila esim" ?

    J’ai pris l’eSIM de voilà pour mon quatrième voyage au Japon, j’avais l’habitude de passer par Ubigi mais comme voilà est moins cher et que ça passe aussi par l’opérateur NTT docomo je me suis laissé tenter. Honnêtement le service est top, dès que j’ai eu des questions on m’a répondit rapidement sur whatsapp et la connexion est normal, j’ai pas vu de diff avec ce que j’ai normalement en France.

    Japon
  • fairchildberlin 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • DrKeepitreal 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • DuckU1998 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • zazapatilla 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Careful_Today411 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • numsixof1 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · I need Esim advice. I was BADLY burnt by Ubigi.

    That's weird our whole group used Ubigi last year and we didn't have a problem with any apps including Google Maps or translate. Might want to check to see if its a problem with your phone before you jump to another service and just have the same issue.

  • knot-really 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Due-Persimmon1447 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AnywhereMysterious24 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravel · eSIM

    I have AT&T and used Ubigi eSIM in Japan earlier this year. Super easy to set up, inexpensive, and worked flawlessly. You can find user discount codes on Reddit. My sister also said the AT&T daily international plan is a solid option. Just ended up being cheaper for me to get the eSIM for the number of days I'd be in the country.

    ActivationJaponPas cher
  • AbleCarLover1995 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Canadians who traveled to Japan, did any of you use your phone provider's eSIM, or did you use an eSIM app?

    I used a esim, I used Ubigi for all my trips to japan, have another trip this nov and I will still be using Ubigi. The problem I have with my provider, its mostly a per day kind of cost if I wanted to use my canadian phone providor where as a esim its a one time payment and you can pick how much data you want for your trip. For my usual 2.5 weeks, I get the 50 gb data plan for 30 days.

    Japon
  • alkemiccolor 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • n3k0___ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • MediocreSizedDan 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/JapanTravelTips · I need Esim advice. I was BADLY burnt by Ubigi.

    Damn. I went to Japan last year and used Ubigi and had no issues whatsoever. And then I was just there a couple weeks ago again and Ubigi did not work at all and was extremely difficult to deal with (I basically have just conceded I am eating the $20 I spent...) I used to recommend Ubigi because of last year's experience, but now would not. That said, I did wind up using Saily this time in the end, which I've used in other places as well in the past year or so. Have not had any issues with them so far.

    Japon
  • UIUC_grad_dude1 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/JapanTravelTips · eSIM vs portable wifi

    Ubigi / Airalo should be fine. I’ve used both and I’m ambivalent. Pocket WiFi is good for fast unlimited data (Japan Wireless), and it comes with a portable power bank as well. Downside is you have to pick it up, and remember to return it before going through airport security (you can’t leave airport security area once you pass to go through!!).

  • ErgIDunno 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • thisisjusthappening 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Antique_Excitement20 🇬🇧

    37 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Whatsapp suddenly not working in China despite having Esim with VPN

    eSIMs with built-in VPN don't actually exist; it’s just marketing speak for getting an eSIM that operates via a third-party server (often located abroad). Only Saily and Ubigi offer something that comes close to the real deal (but isn't quite it either). In China, WhatsApp should work fine with an international travel eSIM. It only fails if the eSIM is Chinese. Some Chinese eSIMs route secondarily through Hong Kong or Singapore, but that can occasionally run into issues. That might also be the problem here, since trip often resells from Chinese vendors

    r/eSIMs · Is there an eSIM that works well everywhere?

    There isn’t one single "best" eSIM provider, for three main reasons: 1. **Pricing:** Rates vary by country, and no single provider offers an identically competitive deal everywhere. 2. **Partner Networks and Routing:** eSIM providers almost never work directly with local networks; in 99% of cases, there’s a middleman involved. A provider that routes all traffic through Singapore might be perfect in Southeast Asia, but it will be laggy in North America. 3. **Local Options:** Sometimes there is a local offering that is just as accessible and simply better because it cuts out the middleman. However, this isn't available everywhere. While a few providers are fairly consistent, I would never blindly buy from just one provider regardless of my destination. I really like Ubigi, but in places like the Carribean or Mexico for example, they aren't competative in trems of price. I also like Jetpac and Bcengi, but they don't have servers in East Asia or Latin America so latency gets high. Personally I often switch between Ubigi, Jetpac and sometimes Airalo or GoMoWorld. But in countries like Japan or Thailand local offerings beat travel eSIM providers, so I get a local plan (sometimes via a reseller like Sim Local).

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi not working

    The Ubigi Asia plan does not include the UAE. With most providers, the UAE is covered under the Mena region. So this plan will not give you data unfortunately. Only thing you can do is buy a UAE or Middle East plan from Ubigi or any other provider. You can of course ask Ubigi to give you a refund on the Asia plan if you haven’t used it. I’m not sure if they will, but asking doesn’t hurt.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · What eSIM for Japan trip?

    Holafly is not a scam. I do have criticism of them, but it’s not a scam. In Japan, the last time I tested holafly they worked as reseller of CM Link (China Mobile International). Your data traffic then runs via China and Singapore, which can feel a bit slow. Latency is somewhat poor. I don’t recommend them, but it’s not a scam. At most some aggressive marketing and not very transparent. If you say how long you’re going and how much data you need, you’ll probably get some good recommendations. For unlimited (if you really need that), Sim Local is good, they sell a plan from the local au. I often read people being enthusiastic about an unlimited KDDI plan, but I haven’t tested it myself. Up to about 25 GB, Airalo and Ubigi are good options.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Asia

    Holafly uses CMLink (China Mobile Wholesale) in Asia for most destinations. So do a lot of budget providers, where you pay only a fifth or less of what Holafly charges. Performance isn't the best either. Ubigi is pretty solid in my experience, especially in that region because they have an egress in South Korea (with local ip assigned, also in Japan). Most Asia plans route over Singapore or Hong Kong. On a budget I would recommend Jambosim: they use Webbing when I tested it, with routing over several Asian points. It was exactly the same service as Saily and Airalo Asialink, but very cheap. The user experience with Saily and Airalo is better, however, but for just data Jambosim is fine. I also like Eskimo, but it breaks out over Singapore. Speeds are very good however. I would avoid HK breakout because several services can be blocked (LLMs, social media).

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Greece eSim

    Alpine is legit (just like Stellar, eSIM4travel etc). It’s a reseller. Downside compared to Ubigi, Airalo etc is no app, no usage tracking and no 24 hours live support. But if price is your priority just go for it.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Avoid Ubigi eSIM if you have a tight deadline (App glitched, zero support, no QR code)

    They had a major outage yesterday, but normally they have 24/7 live support. I've spoken to them that way more than once. You just have to get past an annoying chatbot first, but after that, they've always helped me within 2 minutes. My experience is usually pretty good. I think you bought the eSIM during the outage and they might have a backlog bacause of it. Seemed a pretty big issue yesterday. I'm sure they will eventually refund you if you ask them. I hope your Airalo eSIM is good, I think it works quite well in Japan!

    Remboursement
    r/eSIMs · Germany / Netherlands Holafly eSIM

    I have experience with them in several European countries including the Netherlands (just not Germany). You likely be fine, you just overpaid for what you get. In terms of speed and latency they are not as good as other brands like airalo, Ubigi eyc. But in Europe very acceptable. I only had some serious speed (and upload) issues with them in the UK. Also, hotspot usage is not that good, often limited and in my experience it doesn't work at all 25% of the times. Unless you are using more then 3GB a day (every day) or wanted to use them for remote work you'll be just fine. What's always a good idea is to have a backup just in case. For example bcengi pay as you go. Also, if you ever need support remember that Emma (who you speak to) is AI and that the "specialist" (the actual human being) may take some hours to respond. In that cases it helps to have a backup.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Coverage Vietnam (Holafly)

    Routing via UK doesn’t help either. I always thought that they used China Mobile in Asia (but they might be different with a global plan). The best global plans have dynamic breakout. To be honest I haven’t been to Vietnam recently, but I think Ubigi and Jetpac will be save bets. Both will route trough Singapore, Ubigi adds a local ip. Sim Local recently added real local plans. I saw someone else recently recommend micro eSIM for real local plans as well.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Thailand and Vietnam recommendation

    Thailand: take a DTAC Happy tourist plan from Airalo or SimOptions. With calls and voice (even if you don’t need voice because the data only plans are roaming plans). These are really local and performance is much better than the average travel eSIM. Vietnam: haven’t tested it myself but Sim Local just launched local Mobifone plans. Also real local access and no foreign routing. Alternatively, Jetpac is pretty solid in South East Asia with Singapore routing. Same for Ubigi.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Esim Morocco- unlimited data

    Both Maya and Orange roam on Orange Moroc, what is not the best network in Morocco (but fine in larger cities). Orange recently started capping speeds on unlimited from te start, Maya is pretty ok with 5GB a day (or even more I saw). I think Ubigi offers better value, as they also work on Moroc Telecom. Personally, I would not but an Unlimited Travel eSIM for Morocco however. A local eSIM you can purchase on arrival is much cheaper without the same restricting fair use policies. A Moroc Unlimited plans costs you 300 Dirham on arrival (about 32 USD). That of course if you really need unlimited data.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · What’s the best eSIM for the UK?

    It depends on the amount of data you need. But a local EE or Lyca plan (via Sim Local) offer good value for money (not Three, that’s capped in speed). Below 10 to 20 GB Ubigi or Airalo is also fine. But above 20 GB the local plans offer beter value

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Athens to Barcelona Trip

    Ubigi is actually very good in Europe. They are French of origin. The only disadvantage is that Montenegro is not included in the standard Europe package, so you immediately have to opt for the more expensive Europe Extended plan. Saily is also great! Only they are more expensive, and because of Montenegro you have to choose a Global plan straight away. I am not a fan of Holafly; they are very expensive and not transparent. Here, too, you are forced to go with a global plan because of Montenegro, which will cost you nearly USD 10 a day. Some cheap options are JamboSim (Europe, 42 countries including Montenegro), eSIM4Travel Best Europe 41 countries, and RedteaGO Europe Plus. If you want to go with a premium brand, I think Ubigi Europe Extended is the best choice. However, Extended is more expensive, and you will end up paying more than necessary in Italy, Greece, and Spain just because of Montenegro. If It would be my trip I would doubt between RedteaGO and Ubigi, and probably go with RedteaGO because of the price. But Ubigi can be slightly more solid in terms of network (used them in 3 of the 4 countries you name). Just make sure Montenegro is covered or buy separate Europe and Montenegro plans.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi in Europe

    They have a live chat, did you try that one? They always helped me within minutes. Just in case, you might want to manually select Telefonica/o2 (that should be the Ubigi partner network in Germany). If you have bars but no data, you might also want to check if you have data roaming activated. Ubigi's network goes through France and the UK, so your phone will consider it roaming. Turning data roaming on is actually what fixes it 9 times out of 10 in case you do have reception but no data. Hope this helps! Or that you might have heard back by now.

    ActivationEuropeRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Yesim or airalo in usa

    I have pretty bad experience with Yesim. Especially in terms of latency and general product transparency. They even managed to get a warning because of fake reviews on Trustpilot. If any realtime usage (like voip) is a requirement I would never recommend Yesim. The fixed plans are better the the unlimited plans, but still. Only good thing is that support is really quick. Airalo, Jetpac, Ubigi, Bcengi all have local access points and solid speeds.

    r/eSIMs · Best Unlimited eSIM for Morocco (5 Days) – Cheap & Reliable?

    I recently visited Morocco and tested several providers for work purposes. All providers relying solely on Orange caused issues outside of major cities, though they worked well within city limits. Regarding the list you mentioned: Yesim throttles their unlimited plans heavily right from the start (that is standard practice for them; their unlimited packages are always slow). The best options were Ubigi and Holafly. They use Maroc Telecom, which is better than Orange, even when limited to LTE/4G. I prefer Ubigi because they are more transparent, but I was surprised by how well Holafly performed, as I am usually not a fan of theirs. You are looking for an unlimited plan but wondering if 10 GB might be enough. Only you can answer that based on your specific usage. However, you pay a premium for unlimited data, especially in Morocco, and all providers will throttle your speed at a certain point. If you truly require a large amount of data, it is better to purchase a local eSIM upon arrival. If you need more than 20 GB, I would recommend going with a local eSIM. Check your current data usage in your device settings. Most tourists find that 10 GB is more than enough for a five-day trip.

    r/eSIMs · Portugal and Spain from U.S

    It is difficult to give good advice without knowing how much data you need. However, there are few scenarios in which Holafly is the best choice, and perhaps even less if you truly need unlimited data. The vast majority of people use less than 20 GB a month (often much less). In that case, you can easily be sorted for 10 Dollars (for example, a jambosim eSIM for Europe & the UK costs 8.99). It's really worth it to check your usage. If you really need substantially more, you could also buy a local option upon arrival (sometimes also online beforehand). But in that case, it does matter whether you arrive in Portugal or Spain first. And there are more options available in Madrid than in Bilbao, etc. What I think I would do personally: Ubigi Europe plan up to 25 GB, they also have a visual location feature that allows you to set your IP to local or to the US. With the latter, services from back home keep working properly.Above 25 GB, it really depends on what you need and where you stay first (because of EU roaming rules).

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Wife cannot download ubigi esim

    Perhaps she used the samen account as a few years back and the account assumes the eSIM is still installed? Ubigi recently started with 24/7 live support, I would just start a chat. They helped me within 5 minutes recently.

    Remboursement
    r/eSIMs · Recommended esims for Japan, Korea, and Vietnam?

    Working with different ones will likely give you the best value, also depends on how long you’re in the country. Japan: my favourite was Sim Local (the au plan). It’s a genuine Japanese data plan. Ubigi and Airalo are also (especially if you need less than 20GB). Holafly was actually pretty poor with routing via China Mobile. High latency and low speeds, first one to stop working in busy places. Korea: Ubigi has local servers in Korea and was the most stable when I tried. Airalo fine but routed via Singapore (although then also sell the local LG plan with kyc, didn’t test that one). Holafly same as Japan, sometimes even gave me a Shanghai ip address so some apps stopped working and slow from the start. No recent experience in Vietnam. If you want one provider for all three countries, Ubigi.

    AsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · Unlimited Data Egypt

    What you're looking for doesn't exist (not at Bytesim either). Every now and then a few countries are added where local providers can introduce more or less truly unlimited plans, but Egypt isn't one of them. i tested a Bytesim plan once and it was throttled from te start. The options mentioned here (Maya Mobile and Supera) also 100% have a limit. I do know 2 alternatives you could consider: Maya Mobile (the old version, click on "old site" on their homepage) and Orange Travel both offer 100 GB plans. Otherwise: Truely offers 5 GB per day. Ubigi has a plan with 60 GB and 2 Mbps afterwards. Those are still the best options that include hotspot. You seem certain about this, but more than 100 GB for one trip is genuinely extreme, even when using your phone as a hotspot. I'd double-check whether you really need that much. Unlimited plans offer a false sense of security.

    HotspotIllimité
    r/eSIMs · Experiences with MobiMatter "3" (Three) eSIM for Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand?

    Yes, I’ve used it in Malaysia and Singapore. You have a higher latency than with Singapore routed plans (like Airalo, Jetpac and Ubigi). But the product is totally fine for what you pay and the latency isn’t that bad that it affects normal usage (only things like gaming). It used to be my go to plan for Indonesia. I just never used in Thailand because I always felt the local eSIM makes more sense.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for trip to turkey 17.5. - 22.5.2026

    If you need a lot of data for little money, but also want to be able to stream etc. without hiccups, I'd say: GoMoWorld. The 38 GB eSIM is reasonably priced. Got very high speeds with this one in Turkey, and decent latency. RedteaGO. They have very cheap 50 and 100 GB plans. This one was also fine, good speeds and decent latency. Ubigi is also good, but doesn't quite match your price criteria. I'd avoid unlimited plans. You mention gaming. That can be tricky with a travel eSIM. They pretty much all route through Western Europe, so the ping will often be above 100ms. An alternative is a local SIM card, but those are very expensive. Don't forget to buy and install your eSIM before departure. The websites of most providers are blocked in Turkey.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Heading to the Nordics (DK, FI, IS, NO) in 1 month. Need eSIM advice for first timer 🌍

    I've tested several eSIMs in Norway and Finland (haven't been to Iceland or Denmark recently). Most of the better eSIM brands are all solid: Nomad, Jetpac, Ubigi, GoMoWorld, Voye Global, Maya. Your safe by to just pick the cheapest one from these. They often route through the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Ireland or the UK. Speeds were all between 200 and 1000 Mbps. If you're leaning more towards the budget category: Sparks (via Mobimatter), eSIM4Travel and Pingwe are also good. Slightly slower, but still comfortably above 100 Mbps. These providers usually route through Poland or Austria. One thing to watch out for: be careful with some of the budget providers from Asia. They'll work fine technically, but in Scandinavia you really don't want an IP address coming out of Singapore or Hong Kong. Holafly was a bit of a letdown price-wise, and after 13 GB the "unlimited" data stopped. Still fine for 90% of travelers though, although speeds seemed capped at just above 100 Mbps from the start. Airalo used the same probider as Spark and eSIM4Travel for the Europe plan, it works fine but you can get it cheaper elsewhere. Northern European countries tend to be quite expensive when it comes to local prepaid SIMs (haven't verified this in Iceland). So personally would skip that option. I would personally probably pick GoMoWorld Europe plan for this trip.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Any esim recommended for US gateway?

    Ubigi has a smart ip feature for this situation. If you are from the US and register the States as your home country when creating an account, you can switch between regional (default) and home ip (us) with a Ubigi plan. When you select your home country they use transatel servers in the US for your outbreak. The smart ip function is less extensive then what Saily offers, however they don’t use ip ranges from an vpn provider but from en genuine mvno (transatel). So it’s more robust

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best esim for spain

    Local plans are pretty good and cheap (Vodafone or Orange, not Orange Travel). If you don’t want the hassle of an id check and doing things after you land, GoMoWorld gives you a very good price (for example 50 GB for 20 euro) and speeds are perfect. Jetpac and Ubigi are also solid, but are more expensive than GoMoWorld.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Quick Review Morocco

    https://preview.redd.it/uhemn8f341og1.png?width=1674&format=png&auto=webp&s=28c653d519d52d019ced15d888e68a5415677fa5 Left is Ubigi (via Maroc), right is Airalo. Same location near Marrakech couple of weeks ago. Airalo does offer 5G in Morocco (see right corner). However, the 5G rollout in Morocco has only just begun, and the Airalo website and api are often outdated on 5G/LTE (similar to their info for the Netherlands, Belgium, etc.). That said, Ubigi performed better. Maroc Telecom has much better coverage than Orange.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi in South Korea any experience ?

    Ubigi uses a cap on plan basis, not day. The monthly plan gives you 60 GB in total and after unlimited at 2mbps. LG gives you 3 GB a day (not sure about KY and SK). My experience was from last December

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · BEWARE!!! The Unlimited Plan Is Throttled After 60 gb

    Sim Local gives you 10GB per day, but unlimited isn't available everywhere. But if it is and you need unlimited that would be my pick for most countries. For what you're looking for, Ubigi might be your best bet (sorry OP). Their 60GB is flexible throughout the month; if you want to blast through 40GB in a single day, you totally can. The have a monthly cap, not a daily. And MobiMatter now offers 999 GB plans for some destinations (some european countries and uae)

    r/eSIMs · Flying to St Maarten, then sailing southwards towards barbados. (leewards isles)

    With a German mobile plan you can use your allowance in Saint-Martin (the northern, French side) and Guadeloupe. These are French overseas regions of the EU and are covered by roam like home. Sint Maarten (the Dutch side) is a constituent country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands and is not part of the EU. The Maya Mobile Caribbean plan works on Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, and the Dutch side of Sint Maarten. Plans from providers that the bot lists (like Airalo) still list “Netherlands Antilles” and will likely work there as well, but since The netherlands Antilles no longer exists it is better to confirm Sint Maarten specifically. I would double-check with Airalo if you plan to use it on Sint Maarten. What I would do: use roam like home in the French territories, and probably Maya Mobile for the rest. On Sint Maarten, be careful when switching networks. ubigi has a cheap plan for Sint-Maarten (both sides) if that worries you.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Esim Help for Dummy

    I see you already got some answers. I would like to add that MobiMatter has several Sparks Europe & USA plans on sale that work in Europe and the US. It has an IP-routing via Poland so should work fine in Europe for VoiP and Video (performance in the US could be slightly less). If you drop the demand to try in the US you have more options, but the prices are fine and you can try it with no stress liek you asked. On MobiMatter you can enter all the countries your visiting in the search. I personally like Ubigi and Jetpac slightly better, but you would be overpaying if you want to test at home.

    Rapport qualité-prixÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi not working

    I get how you feel. Unfortunately, this is standard practice, and not just for Ubigi. A regional plan rarely works in every country on that continent, and in the telecom industry, the Middle East is treated as a separate region. There are even providers with global plans that only work in 40% of countries worldwide. I've also taken a quick look at Ubigi's refund policy. In principle, you can get a refund for any unused plan and then buy a new one for Japan. Whether you think it's worth the hassle is another matter, and you need to do it before you arrive in Japan; otherwise, you won't be able to use your Ubigi eSIM when you land. But if you want to make a point of it as a matter of principle, according to Ubigi's terms and conditions, you are within your rights. Have a great trip to Japan!

    JaponRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Affordable Multi-Country Travel in Europe?

    Ubigi uses local IP routing in most European countries, while others often have just one point of access. So in terms of quality, they are pretty good. That said, I also like GoMoWorld (via Ireland), although latency can be slightly higher, but prices are very good. Jetpac routes everything through Northern France, which is fairly centrally located. Sparks and eSIM4Travel use Poland for breakout, which is great if you’re in Eastern Europe. GoMoWorld, Ubigi and Jetpac are all easy to activate and have one eSIM that reusable anywhere. For the trip you’ve made, I’d probably recommend GoMoWorld in terms of price and quality, and Ubigi if you don’t mind spending slightly more for local routing. Or get a local SIM Card, for examples Spanish cards (or eSIMs) are cheap and include roaming (Spain does have KYC).

    ActivationEuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • R1nc 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • htJourney 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • teraflop 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · What is the Best eSIM to use? Seeing conflicting issues about some of the best like Ubigi and Airalo

    The vast majority of the reviews that I've seen for both Ubigi and Airalo have been positive. I have personally used Ubigi with no issues, and I have no reason to think that Airalo isn't just as good. All of these providers are basically just reselling access to the same set of physical mobile networks anyway, so the only real differences are pricing and customer service.

  • TRexNinja 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • kEverestTD 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Canadians anyone use virgin mobile travel pass over an esim?

    eSIMs are usually cheaper with more data, Airalo and Ubigi both work well in Japan. The Virgin travel pass is mostly about convenience, one less thing to set up. If you go the eSIM route, install it before you fly and switch it on when you land. Either way, download offline maps ahead of time. I used an app called Good Trip with offline phrasebooks and info for Japan, handy if your data runs thin.

    Japon
  • Cooky1993 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • mrskeptical00 🇬🇧

    7 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · BEWARE!!! The Unlimited Plan Is Throttled After 60 gb

    Which country? I just clicked on USA, the fair use policy is clearly displayed prior to purchase. All unlimited plans have a fair use policy - Ubigi refreshingly more transparent than some others. https://preview.redd.it/3hjftwns8vjg1.jpeg?width=1260&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=3d30b1519da9ed73a014e3f91436acb012311836

    IllimitéÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · BEST eSIM SE Asia/Mainly Japan

    If you read online you’ll see people alleging problems with every eSIM. There’s nothing wrong with either Airalo or Ubigi but there are also other providers that are perfectly fine as well.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM name

    You can’t know for sure just by the name unless you name it upon install. The other way to do it on an iPhone is to turn on that eSIM and go to Settings-General-About and look for that eSIM in the list and find the ICCID number and match it to your eSIM in Ubigi. If you just bought new eSIMs but didn’t install them yet - it’s most definitely your old eSIM. If you are not sure if you installed your new eSIMs you’ll need to confirm with the ICCIDs.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Quick Review Morocco

    Did you find Airalo difficult to sign up with? I don’t know anything about Moroccan mobile networks, but Ubigi uses Moroc Telecom & Orange while Airalo uses only Orange. Both are only 4G.

    r/eSIMs · How is Ubigi In Uzbekistan? Or any eSIM works well there?

    So by core network you mean the backend to handle management and control of the mobile service — issuing eSIMs, billing, authentication, routing, etc. - not *specifically* an internet backbone… although I believe they have direct connectivity to some major operators. In summary, I think they would be considered a tier 2 operator since they don’t run their own networks and just piggy back off others but they do enable others to to use their white label mnvo service. With that all said, in Canada I’ve found Airalo, Roamless and Saily to have 30-60% *less* latency than Ubigi.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - turn off?

    Or just use another provider. There’s not need to leave a temporary eSIM on your phone. If Ubigi can’t handle that then they don’t need your business. If you use it regularly where installing/uninstalling wood be a hassle or if it’s still funded (like Roamless) then leave it on. If you’re done your trip and don’t see yourself using it again soon - delete.

    Activation
  • killerbootz 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • No_Camp_2182 🇬🇧

    16 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Data usage for Japan

    Ubigi. Used on 5 trips of 2-3 weeks duration each. They use NTT Docomo and KDDI, the best networks. Support 5G but real life speed same as 4G.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · how is ubigi hong kong sar esim in hong kong?

    Ubigi is a French company (Transatel, owned by NTT in Japan). Their eSIM is French based. You get a French/European IP address. They only sell one eSIM, which roams in all the countries. You buy a data plan for a specific country/Region. Unlike Airolo or some others, where they re-sell other local providers' eSIMs.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - turn off?

    If you are never ever going to use Ubigi again, sure. I keep mine for future travel. I put referral on reddit and get 50% off for future plans.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Is a Japan eSIM with a Japanese IP overkill?

    Yes. Yahoo Japan transit blocked my Ubigi eSIM in previous years. Yahoo Japan does not serve EU (except Yahoo email) due to some EU rules. But now Ubigi offers local IP so I can use Yahoo Japan transit without the need of a VPN.

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Used Ubigi 6 times in Japan, visited 20+ prefectures. You can install and buy the data plan before your trip, wherever you are in the world. The data plan must be activated within 6 months. It activates automatically, only when it connects to a Japanese network after you land. in Japan It uses NTT Docomo and KDDI, the top 2 networks in Japan. You can choose local or home country IP address. All reputable eSIM vendors will tell you what networks they use.

    ActivationJapon
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Japan?

    Have used Ubigi half a dozen times in Japan. Used in 20+ prefectures. You can choose local routing. They use NTT Docomo and KDDI.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Wife cannot download ubigi esim

    On the android Ubigi app, you can 1) buy a eSIM 2) Scan a Ubigi QR code or 3) Detect a Ubigi eSIM The right place to seek help is Ubigi support. If you have used Ubigi before, there is no need to install a new eSIM or scan a QR code again. Unless you manually deleted the eSIM from the phone, or you are using a different phone. Ubigi differs from most eSIM providers out there, in that you install their eSIM ONCE. You just buy a new plan for your next trip, using the same account.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Help finding and eSIM for Japan

    10th time using Ubigi in Japan. From largest cities to remote villages. It has coverage where local networks do. It runs on NTT Docomo and KDDI, 2 of the largest networks in Japan.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Local IP eSIMs for Japan?

    You can check out Amazon Japan for any prepaid data eSIM. You can have it shipped to your Japanese hotel , a convenience store close to your hotel or at select airports (Hanededa T1, T2. Narita T1, T3, ..etc) I have been using Ubigi for the last few years. French/EU IP address. Some specific Yahoo Japan Japanese language services are sometimes not accessible but a VPN solves that problem.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Esim for Japan from Canada?

    Used Ubigi for the last 6 trips. Geta 20% discount code from the appropriate sub-reddits. Install app. You can verify it's been set up. Buy a plan anytime. It will be activated only when you connect to a Japanese network when you land. [https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/help-center/faq/ubigi-esim-service/when-buying-data-plan/](https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/help-center/faq/ubigi-esim-service/when-buying-data-plan/) It runs on NTT Docomo and KDDI. You get a French/European IP address.

    ActivationJapon
    r/eSIMs · Catch-22 with eSIM activation?

    Ubigi is real pre-installed. It is one single network, Ubigi's "own" MVNO. You install once and the eSIM is activated right away. You land on a country and if you have purchased a plan for that country, it works immediately upon connection to the network, and the clock starts only upon initial connection to the country's network. This is as opposed to other re-sellers (such as Airolo) who re-sell eSIMs of other network providers and may not be able to truly activate until you arrive at some countries.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · eSIMs you can reinstall on same device

    Ubigi: The re-installation of a Ubigi eSIM profile is limited to 5 times max after deletion. [https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/help-center/faq/ubigi-esim-service/transfer-esim-profile-from-android-device-to-iphone/](https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/help-center/faq/ubigi-esim-service/transfer-esim-profile-from-android-device-to-iphone/)

    Activation
  • AlanLaddWelles 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · ESIM Japan

    My son went 12 days in Japan and I got him a Mobal eSIM : [https://www.mobal.com/japan-esims/?t=st&/](https://www.mobal.com/japan-esims/?t=st&/) It worked quite well. This year he went to korea and used ubigi without any issue.

    Asie
  • Intrepid-Strain4189 🇬🇧🌐

    71 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 6-Month UK & Europe Travel?

    If you’re going to be in the UK for 6 months, a local UK provider with local number, and with EU roaming will be the best idea. Lyca should work, but look for their pre-paid plans, not ‘PayMonthly’. Ubigi is also a great data only option. 1 eSiM profile for all their destinations, worldwide. Use code ‘discover’ for 10% off.

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · eSIMs with USA breakout?

    Have a look at Ubigi (Transatel) They run their own tier-1 network. 1 eSIM profile, all locations, and their app is zero-rated.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Confusion with 2 Ubigi eSims

    Ubigi uses the same eSIM profile in all destinations, like Saily and many others. So, when you buy your first ever Ubigi plan and install the eSIM, do NOT delete the eSIM after your first trip with it. You can then buy multiple plans which will use the same eSIM; Japan, France etc. Last time I checked Ubigi allows re-installing the same eSIK up to 5 times. Handy if you have an active plan and want to switch it to another device.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Esims for usa vs phone carrier for a week?

    Unless you need a USA phone number, for calling taxis, hotels etc, you can easily get by with the likes of Saily, Ubigi, Airalo, Roamless etc etc. Or, for a few extra steps you can sign up for Tello, a local MVNO that comes with a local number and costs less than a travel eSIM. No real catch, other than remembering to cancel when you leave or it will auto renew. No, you don't need to be USA resident nor provide formal ID. It could also be useful before you get there for making calls to the USA via wifi calling.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Local vs regional e-sim

    Saily and Ubigi both make use of a single eSIM profile for all destinations, just buy plans per country/region as required. Whereas Airalo will require you to download and install a separate eSIM per destination.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Please help: Ubigi data plan installed in iPad shows up on iPhone.

    Of course that’s the problem. At this time Ubigi only supports one eSIM per account. You would need to open another Ubigi account with another email. However, you can either hotspot one device to the other or delete the eSIM for one device then using the same Ubigi account install the same eSIM via the app on the other device. Another option for multiple device use is Saily which allows the management of more than one eSIM from the same Saily account.

    ActivationHotspot
    r/eSIMs · Transferable eSims

    Saily and Ubigi allow swapping eSIMs between devices. Ubigi only does 1 per account whereas Saily allows multiple eSIMs and plans in the same account. Very handy for families etc.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · I have like 25 esims on my phone and never know which one is active. Is there a better way to keep track?

    No, the eSIM just sits there until you load another plan. The Ubigi app is even zero-rated, meaning, if you end up in a surprise location that’s covered by Ubigi and you don’t have a plan, you simply toggle the Ubigi eSIM on and buy a plan via the app. You do not need to first look for another internet connection. With Saily, you need another connection to buy a plan, but then you just attach it to any existing Saily eSIM you might already have. You can have multiple Saily eSIMs in the same account, to be used on various devices.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Super confused about eSIMs for my first Europe trip. Help?

    Yes, you will want to use a travel eSIM, if your phone supports it. What phone do you have? Chances are you’re already using an eSIM from your home provider, who will otherwise charge you a small fortune for roaming. The only difference is an eSIM is embedded in your device, you just download the credentials instead of inserting a little plastic chip. The average eSIM capable device can store up to 20 eSIM profiles and most can run 2 at the same time, or 1 eSIM and your physical SIM. One of the best options for Europe is Ubigi, because they are from France and so have secured some of the best local rates. You start by downloading the app, then you select and purchase a plan. In Europe there is little difference in the price between regional and single country, so you can just get a regional. However, with Ubigi you only need to download and install one eSIM profile for all their destinations. So you can also start with only your firsr country. So after you buy your first plan you will be invited to install the eSIM, directly via the app, no QR involved. But they will email a QR anyway. And don’t worry about running out of data with Ubigi. You can still use their app and eSIM and to buy another plan, even if your current plan is empty or expired. Another great option for Europe is Saily. One eSIM for all their destinations. Just download the Saily app, buy your first plan and install the eSIM once.

    ActivationEuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · Red Bull eSim for Telenor Marine

    Yea, avoid speed tests on capped data plans, or even 'unlimited' lest you hit your FUP in a few seconds. I burned about 2GB in 5secs flat with Ubigi in Spain, but look what I got: https://preview.redd.it/if57htp5wslf1.jpeg?width=960&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=acb61f057e626af772d82ea3b4932376e3669c9f

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Anyone know how I can file a complaint about Holafly in Spain?

    How much are you out of pocket? When, not if, I have problems with any esim company I just cut my losses and move on to the next one, until I find one that just works. 2 that have yet to waste my time, and money are Saily and Ubigi. As much as I have my principles, life is too short to spend it fighting with esim providers over a few bucks. I have a few esims installed, so I can’t really use the ‘you left me high and dry’ excuse.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Europe for 15 days

    Where in Europe? It consists of 44 countries with 27 in the EU ;-) Try this: [Ubigi](https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/rates-and-coverage/europe-data-plans/europe-10gb-30-days/?wmc-currency=USD) 10GB, 30 days, 35 countries: US$16.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM for west Africa?

    First install Roamless and load about $10. This credit never expires and can be used in all their destinations, as a fall back. Next buy the appropriate plan and install an eSIM from Saily. Like Roamless, this same eSIM can be used in all destinations after buying a plan. Saily seem to have some of the best rates in Africa, so this would be my primary connection. You can also install a free esim from BetterRoaming, also as a fall back. Just turn it on in any of their destinations and you will then be sent a link to buy a plan in what they call a zero-rated operation. In other words, you don’t need an active plan to buy one. Ubigi is another option. Their app is also zero-rated, so like BetterRoaming, running out of data is a non-issue. I have all of the above installed. Same eSIM, all destinations. The same cannot be said for Airalo.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM in France - any experience?

    I havn’t used Ubigi in France (they are based in Paris btw), but I did get -700Mbps from them in Spain. Whats more, you can reuse the same Ubigi profile in all their destinations. They started with their ‘unlimited’ plans in France. https://preview.redd.it/gmje3immfdff1.jpeg?width=960&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9e5cb7b6f00880166e0aa5d0c12623313fb54969

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Recommend eSIM for Europe AND Japan same trip

    Saily is on top of my list, but so is Ubigi. Like Saily, Ubigi also makes use of the same single eSIM in all destinations. Also, the Ubigi app is zero-rated, meaning even if you run out of data you can still use the app via the eSIM to buy a new plan. Ubigi(Transatel) is owned by Japanese corporation NTT and they run their own 901 network. But with both providers it may be cheaper to buy individual country plans.

    ActivationPas cher
    r/eSIMs · 6 best eSIM services for travelers according to cnn

    Have a look at Saily or Ubigi, both use a single eSIM profile in all destinations. The Ubigi app is even zero rated when the eSIM is on and connected to a partner network. This means that even if you don’t have an active plan when you find yourself in a surprise location you can still use it to buy a plan. I have also used Airalo, Esimatic, KeepGo, RoamLess and BetterRoaming. With the exception of Airalo, all of the above also make use of a single eSIM.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best provider for Africa

    I’ve narrowed it down to Saily, Airalo, Ubigi, Esimatic, KeepGo and Roamless, depending on where I’m going. But, Africa is a very tough nut to crack. For example, if going to Namibia, the only option right now is a local sim from MTC. The other issue is registering local sims in many African countries, and while local prices are cheaper than travel eSIMs, if you’re only going for a few weeks, getting a travel eSIM might be more worth your while. Yes, you can get regional plans for large parts of Africa, but some countries are a lot more expensive than others which pushes the overal price up. So, you may be best served getting plans per country but with a provider that only uses one eSIM profile. Except for Airalo, all the others mentioned above make use of the same eSIM in all destinations. Unlimited? Forget it. Put that idea out of your head. There is no such thing.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · eSIMs with USA breakout?

    You don’t need an active plan to use the Ubigi app. This measn that even if you run out of data you can still buy another plan, while connected to a Ubigi partner network.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · eSim For Cape (Cabo) Verde Islands

    Should you use Ubigi, don’t delete the eSIM after first use. You can use the same one in all their 200+ locations. And, you don’t need an active plan to use the Ubigi app via the eSIM. So running out of data is a non-issue.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Saily or Gigsky? Subscription options

    Have a look at Ubigi, they also have subscription options. 1 eSIM for all destinations. You get your eSIM with your first plan. The biggest advantage with Ubigi is their app is zero rated, meaning even if you run out of data, and assuming you are still connected to partner network via the Ubigi eSIM, you can still use the app to buy a new plan. Another fallback option is installing a free eSIM from BetterRoaming along with their app which is also zero rated.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best E-sim for Europe

    Yes, Ubigi. Same eSIM for all their destinations. And, even if you run out of data you can still use the app to buy more.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Roamless just stopped working in Japan

    When something is zero-rated it means you don't need a plan. This is generally only possible when you run your own network. Ubigi(Transatel) and BetterRoaming(1Global) both run their own networks. They then cover the cost of data to connect to their own apps/websites. For re-sellers like Airalo or Saily it would be very difficult for them to zero-rate their apps.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · How is Ubigi In Uzbekistan? Or any eSIM works well there?

    Not entirely random, and not complete BS. I made the original comment because not all networks are created equal. Maybe Ubigi is best in Uzbekistan, but not in the US and Canada. Then again, I got 700Mbps with Ubigi in Spain. I guess it just depends on each users specific ‘needs’ in a given location. Trust me, I didn’t need that 700Mbps in Spain. 10 would have done the job. That speed test only served to burn 2GB in 3 seconds flat.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for trucker in EU!

    You could look at Ubigi. 1 eSIM for all locations, worldwide. Their ‘unlimited’ throttles down to 1Mbps after 60GB in 30 days. But that speed is still usable.

    ActivationIllimité
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for a week in the UK?

    Ubigi 10GB for 7 days, $8. The same eSIM is usable in all their destinations. https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/rates-and-coverage/uk-data-plans/uk-10gb-7-days/?wmc-currency=USD

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for cruise in Europe?

    Ubigi. But, it will not work via the onboard cellular or when too far out to sea. You will also need to each sign up separately with your own email and own installation of the app on each device that needs it. Or hotspot. [https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/rates-and-coverage/europe-data-plans/europe-10gb-30-days/?wmc-currency=USD](https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/rates-and-coverage/europe-data-plans/europe-10gb-30-days/?wmc-currency=USD)

    ActivationEuropeHotspot
    r/eSIMs · eSim for "Europe"

    Ubigi include Türkiye with Europe in their Europe Extended plan, but it might be cheaper to get west Europe then Türkiye separately. Or each country individually. Either way, you only need download and install 1 eSIM. And, if you run out of data you can still use the Ubigi app to buy another plan.

    ActivationAsieEuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · 35 day esim Europe

    Ubigi has a 10GB plan for 35 countries valid 30 days, for only US$16. Depending on which country you're in for the last few days you can just buy a local plan, but you keep using the same eSIM profile, in all their destinations: [Ubigi](https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/rates-and-coverage/europe-data-plans/europe-10gb-30-days/?wmc-currency=USD)

    ActivationEuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · South Africa, Maya Mobile OR Other Esim??

    Ubigi or Saily. The Ubigi app is even zero rated so you don’t need an active plan to use it. In other words, you can just toggle the eSIM on after arrival and only then buy a plan.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Holafly eSIM - China

    But with Ubigi it’s the same in all destinations, because they operate their own 901 network. Not so with the likes of Holafly, so it does change by location.

    r/eSIMs · How do you usually handle mobile data when you travel?

    It depends on where you live and where you travel. In my case I live in Belgium, but I can use my home plan throughout the EU, Norway and the UK for no extra roaming. Same goes for any other local EU provider. But for Switzerland and any other non-EU country travel eSIMs come in handy. For that I've narrowed it down to a very short list. I'm tired of looking. My top 2 are now Saily and Ubigi. Both are already installed and make use of the same eSIM profile in all destinations, unlike Airalo and many others. Yes, some esims are very cheap, but that doesn't mean they'll work well, if at all. There is a thing called network priority, especially when roaming; In a nutshell, the more you pay, the faster your connection. Other fallbacks are Roamless with their non-expiring credit and BetterRoaming which lets you install an eSIM for free then sends you a link to buy a plan on their website in your destination without needing to look for another connection. It's what's called a zero-rated operation. The Ubigi app is also zero-rated. As long as you have the app and eSIM installed and are connected to a partner network you can buy a plan. So running out of data is a non-issue with Ubigi. When I visit South Africa, I make use of local sims/esims as I used to live there, so I know exactly how they work. Because yes, local is almost always cheaper than travel sim prices and in some countries by a lot.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Holafly eSIM - China

    Ubigi clearly state 1Mbps, which is actually still usable, for a few things. The 1st and last time I tried Holafly they throttled down to 150Kbps. Might as well cut you off.

    r/eSIMs · Globetrotter needs one eSIM(?)

    A better option instead of Global from Airalo is Ubigi, Saily or Roamless. These providers make use of the same eSIM profile in all their destinations. You can then buy individual country plans as needed which will be a whole lot cheaper than a global plan.

    ActivationPas cher
    r/eSIMs · eSIM Help

    Look at Ubigi. They seem to be dropping their prices while I type this. Their unlimited plan has a FUP which limits you to 1Mbps, but this is still usable for a lot of things. What sets Ubigi (Transatel) apart from the rest is they run their own 901 network. Their app is also zero rated. Same eSIM for all destinations.

    ActivationIllimité
    r/eSIMs · Looking for an eSIM with high-speed data (no throttle) in Europe — 50GB or more/month?

    I got ~700Mbps from Ubigi in Spain on 5G, which is included at no extra charge. Ubigi supply their own eSIM and run their own 901 network. You only need one eSIM for all destinations. Not the cheapest, but they are a European favourite. From the makers of NordVPN, Saily is another one that only requires 1 eSIM for all destinations. Both Saily and Ubigi offer ‘unlimited’, but they seem clear enough about their FUP. When it comes to fixed

    ActivationEuropeIllimité
    r/eSIMs · What’s the best choice

    In that case you will have to look for a local Kenyan provider that offers eSIM, which will also come with a local number, something that might be useful if staying for over a month. Start with Safaricom and Airtel. When it comes to travel eSIMs, my personal short list is, in no particular order: Saily, Ubigi, Airalo, Esimatic, RoamLess, KeepGo, BetterRoaming and Yesim. With the exception of Airalo, all of the above make use of the same eSIM profile in all destinations. RoamLess even has a VoIP service for making calls to any phone anywhere in the world, like Skype used to do. There is absolutely zero difference in performance between eSIM and regular SIM. It all comes down to the provider who issued the sim and/or the local network they operate on. An eSIM will not give you better coverage in the countryside over a regular SIM.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for madrid?

    The Ubigi app is zero rated, meaning, even if you run out of data, you can still use the app to buy more. Both Ubigi and Saily use the same eSIM in all destinations, so don’t delete them when you leave Spain.

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Don’t use holafly

    Ones that do freely allow it; Ubigi, Roamless, KeepGo and Saily, at least those are the ones I've done it with, so far. And Holafly 'unlimited'? It is not, far from it. Got throttled to 150Kbps after 5GB on the 1st day. So yes, sim swapping is something I expect, just like with a physical sim. If you as a provider don't let me switch phones, you don't get my money. It's that simple.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Setting up an E-Sim

    Yes. Just install the Saily app, buy the required plan, follow the instructions to install the eSIM profile. Saily is one of my favourites, for pricing and user friendlyness, but there are about another 20k options out there, with tons more on the way. But I’ve stopped lookinng for new providers and just stick with what I know works well. Also Airalo, Ubigi, Roamless, Esimatic, KeepGo, BetterRoaming and Yesim, depending on who offers the best deal where I’m going.

    r/eSIMs · Multi-country eSIM

    Saily, BetterRoaming, Esimatic, KeepGo, Yesim and Ubigi all use the same eSIM profile in all destinations, you then just buy plans per country/region. The Ubigi app is even zero rated and BetterRoaming lets you buy a plan via the web even if you don’t have an active plan. You just need to be connected to a partner network.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Esim Card SPAIN

    Saily, Ubigi and Airalo have reasonable plans for Spain, and while convenient, nothing beats local prices. I think Spain has some of the cheapest local prices in Europe.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM

    Is your friend in exactly the same place as you? Just remember, Ubigi is only an MVNO, in other words, they still rely on local operators for radio access; AT&T, Vodafone, Orange, etc etc. So if cell signal is bad in any given location there is nothing Ubigi can do about it. Try turning 5G off and using only LTE/4G.

    r/eSIMs · Esim with unlimited data for Europe

    Correct. Ubigi also operate their own tier 1 (901) network. But they still rely on MNOs in every country who in turn have their own FUPs. I once got 750Mbps with Ubigi in Benidorm, Spain. Exact same spot, but at a different time the next day, less than 100. Moral of the story, there are no guarantees with mobile internet.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for UK primarily and then rest of EU?

    Ubigi or Saily might be an option. Neither come with a phone number, but they both use the same eSIM profile anywhere else in the world that they operate, which is almost everywhere. While the UK is no longer EU, so operators between both are no longer required to offer 'free' roaming, some may still offer such, but there are no guarantees.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for regular worldwide travel (based in USA)

    One eSIM for all locations includes Ubigi and BetterRoaming who both have zero rated apps, meaning if you are connected to a partner network you can still buy a plan for the required location without needing another internet connection. Then you have Saily, from the makers of NordVPN. Saily isn't zero-rated, yet. They say they're working on that. But like Ubigi and BR, Saily also makes use of only one single eSIM profile. Whats more, all 3 providers above allow you to easily switch/replace an eSIM. For text and the odd real phone call I just use Tello, worldwide. Tello's parent company KeepCalling is another option for pre-paid phone calls. Roamless, Drimsim and KeepGo are maybe other emergency options, but only for very short, quick uses. I currently have 14 eSIM profiles in my iPhone 12 mini (max 20)

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · 10 days in U.S., did i choose the best eSIM?

    I'm curious, why avoid MVNO's like Tello? I spend a lot of time in Europe and Africa where I avoid the actual networks. They seem to care less and less about the little people and in turn apepar to be concentrating more on business / wholesale. They've spent enough money setting up their networks, they want their money back, which isn't going to come from $5 subs. Basically, an MVNO doesn't have the humongous cost of securing spectrum licenses, then setting up and maintaining a radio network. This saving is then passed on to the user which often includes much better customer support. This also applies to Airalo, Ubigi, Saily etc. They are also MVNOs, but ones that don't offer voice. But when it comes to performance, I generally notice no difference between an MNO and an MVNO. One thing you can do is check to see what type of network an MVNO may operate; Tier-1, 2, 3 etc

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe?

    I've done my eSIM research, and the choices are seemingly endless. But, I have narrowed it down to 3: Ubigi, Airalo and Saily. With that said, it still depends on where you're going. For example, Saily is best in places like Africa and the Middle East, but Ubigi has some of the best rates for Europe. If you go the travel eSIM route, you will need to get a plan for each country, or a regional plan. With Saily and Ubigi you can re-use the same eSIM profile anywhere else they offer service in. Airalo requires you to download and install a separate eSIM profile for every country/region. But when it comes to local prices in Europe, nothing can beat them. So, if you can wait until you get to your first country, look for a local sim from Lycamobile. And, you can then keep using that sim in any other EU country for no extra charge. Just install the app and top up with credit card, PayPal, Google or Apple. The catch? You may not be able to use all the data, or they throttle you. I have Lycamobile from Spain; \~150Mbs in Spain, 5Mbps in the rest of the EU. But that's a non-issue, for me. I can still use the whole bundle.

    ActivationEuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · E-Sim primarily for portugal but also spain

    https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/rates-and-coverage/europe-data-plans/europe-3gb-30-days/?wmc-currency=USD Use code ‘discover’ for 10% off. Then, when that plan is finished, don’t delete the eSIM. You can re-use the same one in all Ubigi destinations, and the same code for further discounts.

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Best digital Esim I should use?

    Ubigi might be an option. Same eSIM profile for all destinations. Airalo requires a different one for every location. A word of caution; travel eSIMs can be very expensive in Africa, especially regional ones. It may be far cheaper to find a local SIM, or eSIM. If you happen to fly through South Africa first, a SIM or eSIM from MTN might work for you. MTN roams worldwide, with a ZA number. Incomming text is free, everywhere. However, for a first timer it might be a bit much to set up. Roamless could also be an option for low use. Pay as you go, credit doesn’t expire. Same balance and eSIM for all destinations. So yes, if you want quick convenience, a data only travel eSIM is your best bet. Just be prepared to pay for it.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · How is Ubigi In Uzbekistan? Or any eSIM works well there?

    Ubigi (Transatel) run their own tier-1 network, so they should be better than those who don’t, but like all other travel esim prividers they still rely on local operators for radio access. But yes, I would expect Ubigi to perform better than others.

    r/eSIMs · Airalo's Czech Esim

    Have a look at Saily and Ubigi. Saily even allows you to manage multiple eSIMs in the same account, and both prividers make use of the same eSIM in all locations. The Ubigi app is even zero-rated, meaning if you run out of data you can still use it to buy another plan.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best Esim for long term travel?

    Depends on how much data is needed. First look at Roamless, 1 eSIM, 1 balance, all destinations. Then there is Saily and Ubigi. 1 eSIM, just buy plans per country/region as needed.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe travel?

    What you might want to consider when travelling between multiple countries is having to download and install a separate eSIM profile for every destinations. This is what Airalo does. Yes, they have regional plans but these are far from cheap. So what you want to do is consider something like Saily, Ubigi, Esimatic, BetterRoaming, RoamLess or KeepGo. All of those require you to install only 1 eSIM which you then reuse in all destinations. You just buy plans per country. Some providers might be cheap in say Spain, yet one of the others is cheapest in Greece. I have all of those installed and just toggle between the eSIMs as required.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · eSIMs for calls/texts and data

    If you also need to make calls: [https://bouygues-telecom.simoptions.com](https://bouygues-telecom.simoptions.com) or [https://roamless.com](https://roamless.com) For data only, and only 1 eSIM profile for all destinations; Saily, Ubigi, KeepGo, Esimatic, Yesim or BetterRoaming.

    Activation
  • Bizzlep 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • the_john19 🇬🇧

    9 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Saily In Japan Is Unusable, and it’s not because of the network

    Just an important note: I didn’t choose Roamless because I wanted to imply that they were the best of the best or because I wanted to endorse them, it was mainly because they support the same network as Saily (SoftBank) in addition to NTT docomo, whereas Ubigi only supports NTT docomo, which Saily doesn’t support at all. Personally, I’d actually recommend Ubigi more due to the Japanese IP address.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSim stuck in roaming, no data in Japan

    First of all, the little R is normal, you are “roaming” with the Ubigi SIM. So that’s not the issue. Second, what happens if you turn off your WiFi and have roaming enabled? Because it shows you’re connected to a network.

    r/eSIMs · 30 days Japan Sim Card

    I just came home from Japan after 3 weeks. I tested a few eSIMs, what you should definitely look out for are the networks. The best experience I had was with NTT docomo, second best was SoftBank. au (KDDI) was the worst, which is what Jetpac and some of the really cheap ones are using. The best experience I had was with Ubigi, their 30 day unlimited plan offers you 60GB of high speed data using the NTT network with 5G, and it gives you a Japanese IP. Second best was Roamless, they use NTT and SoftBank, both with 5G but are very expensive if you want to use a lot of data. No matter what eSIM you end up with, make sure it uses 5G, especially in areas like Tokyo it helps a lot. Also, avoid anything that’s using 1GLOBAL, which includes Saily (which is a 1GLOBAL reseller). They are really solid in other countries but in Japan.. horrible, sadly

    IllimitéJapon
    r/eSIMs · First time using esim, please check if the settings are correct

    Yea the design around it is terrible. Basically, Ubigi (and the other eSIMs) tell the iPhone that no matter the network, it’s not “Roaming”, it’s the “home network” no matter what network you connect to. Good design would be to simply hide that toggle in such cases if it’s useless anyway

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · First time using esim, please check if the settings are correct

    I also love the downvotes by people who never tested this.. just try it yourself before you act as if I’m wrong. iPhones don’t need this enabled with certain eSIMs (like Ubigi) since their provider bundle basically tells the iPhone to ignore that setting. Reddit man.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM super slow suddenly (Japan)

    “Still today”, they fixed the issue in a few hours. If you’re still experiencing problems, it’s something specific to your device. Keep in mind that depending on where you are in Tokyo, it can be slow no matter the network/eSIM. I’d suggest to contact Ubigi’s support.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · E-Sim for Japan

    “I noted a heavy throttle after 15GB of usage”... well yes, their 7-day unlimited plan clearly states that they throttle after 15GB before you buy it, so that shouldn’t have been a surprise.. but they have different plans. Instead of paying €28 for the 7-day unlimited plan (which throttles after 15GB), you can pay €32 for 25GB, 74€ for the 30-day unlimited plan (throttling after 60GB) or combine different plans. You won’t really find a true unlimited plan that doesn’t throttle after a certain amount of time with any provider, although some of them make it less obvious and hide this information deep in their terms and conditions. Ubigi is sadly one of the best if you need speed since it’s using 5G on the NTT docomo network.

    IllimitéJapon
  • Reasonable-Doctor926 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM super slow suddenly (Japan)

    Here's a possible interim solution from the free trials thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/eSIMs/s/61d05OsjMv You get $5.00 credits in Roamless -> 1.5GB data in Japan. Should help folks until Ubigi fixes things.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM super slow suddenly (Japan)

    For anyone who needs an interim solution here's a post in the free trials sub https://www.reddit.com/r/eSIMs/s/61d05OsjMv You get $5.00 credits in Roamless -> 1.5GB data in Japan. Should help folks until Ubigi fixes things.

    Japon
  • ehhthing 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Japan... so many options.

    Misinformation. https://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/ Local MVNO, no depriorization and also not routed through Singapore or Hong Kong unlike Jetpac. Ubigi gets routed through ... Germany?

  • Boris-Lip 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Do most eSIM providers allow device switches?

    Most don't, but the value of that eSIM is so incomparably smaller than what a stolen phone would be worth. In any case, while most officially don't allow moving your eSIM to a different device, and those that do (e.g - Ubigi) often require you to delete the eSIM from the old device first, many would still re-issue the eSIM for you if you contact their CS and ask nicely.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Help: Ubigi eSim on two different phones

    What prevents you from simply opening 2 Ubigi accounts for this, one on one phone, another on the other? In fact, you can refer one from another, getting a nice discount, too.

    ActivationPas cher
    r/eSIMs · Is there any application to give free esim for free now

    If all you need is successful activation (get it installed, go on a mobile network) - Ubigi. It will give you an eSIM to install, and will connect, but all you get is a captive portal (like on a paid WiFi), unless you buy a plan.

    Activation
  • Kirin1212San 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • syunz 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • NegotiationKindly679 🇬🇧

    8 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Esim choice help

    In France now, using Ubigi. It’s been great. Here is a promo code for 20% off. I set ubigi as the cellular sim and my att for calls but turned roaming off on that sim. Make sure you activate WiFi calling on your phone.

    ActivationEuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · International SIM/eSIM: Will I still be able to receive texts on my US phone # and still use data via the local SIM or eSIM?

    I recently used Ubigi eSIM in France and Spain. I’m from the US. I have an iPhone. Might be same for android. You must enable WiFi calling on your current phone eSIM. Set it to use for talk/text. Turn data roaming off. Turn off automatically choose network. Then choose a network that your plan, when traveling, does not work with internationally. The key is to have a signal stating WiFi calling over data network. Which would be your travel sim. Gemini ai helped me set all this up, and I didn’t end up getting hit with the international day pass charge from AT&T.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Esims Spain

    I had great luck with Ubigi. It seemed fast in Barcelona, uses multiple networks.

    Europe
  • bpbp216 🇬🇧🌐

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Cant send/receive sms with UBIGI but can send imessage

    UBIGI provides data only Esim. It doesn't have a phone number. Your home phone number can't be attached to any Esim, but your home Esim . iMessage works as it uses data. SMS will not work unless you turn on your home Esim. But if you do, you might get charged roaming from your home provider.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Unlimited isn't unlimted, it has an upper limit and you'll get cut off.

    I decided to read Ubigi terms and conditions and based on my understanding, they can terminate service at anytime https://www.ubigi.com/conditions/ The Service is intended to be used for web browsing, email, uploading and downloading applications and content to and from the Internet or third-party applications, and using applications and content **without excessively contributing to network congestion.** When may we suspend or disconnect your Service **d) In circumstances where we observe fraudulent or unusual use of your (e)SIM card or one or more service (e.g. abnormally high usage patterns)**

    r/eSIMs · esim for italy

    If you are looking for an e-visa options for Italy, you are in a wrong place. If you are looking for an esim for Italy, any travel esim like Airalo, Roamless, Ubigi, Firsty and many more do not require KYC

    ActivationEurope
  • SMWW66 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • SweetPeasAreNice 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • krudru 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Quite a few post recommending ubigi, but I had issues with it.  Was just in Japan first two weeks of July (this month), and was in Tokyo and Osaka. Issues with connection numerous times, to the point where I restarted my phone three times and still couldn't not connect, so I had to search for a place with free wifi.  This was in Shibuya. Obviously, ymmv. But I know I will be trying a different company next time I go to Japan.

    Japon
  • bardtic_ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Depends where you are going. The standard route of Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto they all work great. I am currently in Japan and about to head to Hokkaido and doing stuff in the boonies. Have found ubigi is better for that. I've only ever used ubigi and airalo, but I will also say ubigia esim installation is way better. Click a button and it installs. Airalo requires you to scan a QR or manually put in a number which is long and complicated.

    ActivationJapon
  • danmarce 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    First time I used Ubigi, second time Saily (as I got a promotion) Both are easy to use. Just check as some providers might not allow hotspot (but if you don't need this, no problem) I usually install BEFORE leaving my home country, and change the data sim as soon as I land.

  • kkicinski 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Apprehensive_Heat176 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • NewMoose_2023 🇬🇧

    35 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Using a data-only eSIM in USA even though I already have a phone plan in USA?

    I have a Visible plan (so Verizon) and I have Roamless (travel eSIM) installed as my secondary so that I can access T-Mobile and AT&T. Roamless is pay as you go so you put your like $20 in your wallet and pay for data when you need. You can do the same with Airalo but that has a fixed time so even if you don't use it it will expire. How often do you run out of data? If it's occasional that should work but if it happens a lot that could get expensive. Roamless in the US is $2.45/GB and routes through VA (meaning you get a US IP address) - AT&T/T-Mobile There's also Qrispy ($2.40/GB and routes through Dallas) - AT&T/Verizon There's a new one called bcengi that also routes through Dallas that is $1.68/GB - AT&T/Verizon This guys is really new but I've tested and it works [eSim.sm](http://eSim.sm) is another one but that one will give you a Polish IP address. If you run out of data every month but just a little bit (under 5 GB) you can also look at a US Ubigi annual plan. It's $59 up front and you get allocoated 5 GB eveyr month for 12 months - use it or lose it. This one uses T-Mobile and I'm pretty sure your routing is local. They also have a 2 GB/month one that is $29 up front.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Travel eSIM for UK (2 weeks) from the US

    Are you a heavy user or a light user? I used Ubigi this past summer and the previous summer. $14 for 10GB of data that expires at the end of 30 days (this is 30 days from when you buy - not when you connect to the network in the uK). If you're a light user I'd go with Roamless. It's pay as you go and you load up a wallet with funds that don't expire and it deducts from the wallet as you use data. Data is $2.45/GB and it's the same rate for UK as for the US. On their website they are still advertising the cyber Monday code (you put in $10 and they give you $10) but YMMV. I actually use it as backup for my Verizon network in the States since it can connect to both AT&T and T-mobile. In the UK it can connect to Vodafone, O2 or Three. Ubigi connects to EE or Three.

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Euro eSiM with Euro routing

    I have used Ubigi and it’s worked well. However, for the UK they’ve recently dropped EE as a network partner. They only use H3G now. For that reason alone I wouldn’t recommend them for the UK.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Worst company eTravelSim. Who knows better alternatives for Egypt?

    Orange has 20 GB over 30 days for $45.99 - this might have local IP (since all the travel eSIMs look like they roam over Orange) [https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/egypt](https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/egypt) Nesa mobile has 20 GB over 30 days ( reloadable) for $32.50 - exit node is UK or Norway Ubigi has 10 GB over 30 days for $26. Airalo has 10 GB over 30 days for $44. They also have an unlimited option but it throttles to 1 Mbps after 3 GB a day. Looks like data in Egypt is just expensive. Would you be able to get some local after you land? That's usually cheaper.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM suggestions for France

    Ubigi has worked well for me in France. And their data is pretty cheap per gig. You can also find a lot of 20% coupons if you search.

    EuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi esim new device

    I mean, that's what I would do. :) I like Ubigi and have used them quite a bit. But there are so many resellers now and a decent number of stable ones that are cheaper depending on where you are going. Ubigi is great if you don't have issues. But when you have a problem is usually takes 24-48 hours to get a reply.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi esim new device

    Oof. I think if that's the case you have to wait for Ubigi to get back to you. They're not the most speedy at replying... According to this: [https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/help-center/faq/ubigi-esim-service/keeping-my-ubigi-account-after-an-esim-profile-re-installation-on-iphone-ipad/](https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/help-center/faq/ubigi-esim-service/keeping-my-ubigi-account-after-an-esim-profile-re-installation-on-iphone-ipad/) **NB:** if the “re-install my Ubigi eSIM” button is not displayed, please contact our [Customer Service](https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/help-center/contact/) for more help as you may have an old profile that cannot be reinstalled. Our team will send you an updated profile that you can reinstall on your new device to keep your Ubigi account. **IMPORTANT**: your Ubigi eSIM profile must be deleted on the first device before the re-installation on another device, otherwise the re-installation and swap will not work (NB: this action won’t delete your Ubigi account). If this deletion is not possible in case you don’t have your first device anymore (broken, lost, etc.), we invite you to contact our [Customer Service](https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/help-center/contact/) for more help. Since you are traveling tomorrow it might be less painful to just get another eSIM installed and fix the Ubigi account issue later. You already bought a plan under the old account so even if you set up another Ubigi account on your device you wouldn't be able to use your purchased plan without them doing something on their end.

    ActivationRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Is the only reason to not use an international eSIM is if I need 2FA linked to my regular number?

    Yes, I'm on an iPhone too and back up calling works. I have read that Pixels work also. Samsung has lots of complaints. Apparently it used to work and then stopped. I thought maybe it was a firmware bug but it appears to be intentional. Apparently will not work if your other sim is roaming, which is pretty much all travel esims. Ubigi appears to be the exception. The couple of times I've checked IP while on Ubigi the IP has been local, which might have something to do with it. To be fair, I've only checked in European countries.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSIMs question

    If you buy a travel eSIM like Airalo or Ubigi then that would be a 2nd eSIM and you don't need need the Minternational plan. You would set up WiFi calling before you leave and your calls and data would go through that 2nd eSIM. If you buy the Minternational plan then you wouldn't need to buy anything for that second eSIM. You will be able to just use your number like you're at home. I think you get 500 minutes and 500 text and up to 10 GB of data (depending on how many days you buy). So it's an either/or thing.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM in France - any experience?

    Ubigi worked great for me when I used it last year in Paris. But I had an iPhone so I don't know about how Pixels will work. Could be that Pixels lack some bands required to work with 5G in Japan? If you list the model maybe someone can tell you if those bands work in France. I do agree that Ubigi support is slow. The one time I had to contact them it took about 24 hours before they replied back.

    EuropeRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Looking for eSIM Recommendations for Upcoming Europe Trip (Sweden, France, Germany)

    How much data are you looking for? We did Scandinavia recently and used Nesa Mobile and it was great. Also had devices on Ubigi and [esim.sm](http://esim.sm) (which uses Plus Poland). Good speeds on all of them and low latency. But we didn't need a lot of data. Orange Travel is good if you are look for A LOT of data. But their smaller packages are pretty expensive. Maybe take a look at Mobimatter Sparks. [https://mobimatter.com/travel-esim/sparks-europe-usa-15+3-gb-free-esim?destination=europe](https://mobimatter.com/travel-esim/sparks-europe-usa-15+3-gb-free-esim?destination=europe) It's 18 GB for $17.99 There's also a 25 GB plan for $24.49. Both are good for 30 days. They use Plus Poland so their ping times are pretty good for Scandinavia.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Cheaper eSIM for Europe like Klook?

    Where does data terminate when you use Klook? If you're doing video calls I'm going to assume latency (and jitter), not just speed, is also a factor. So you want something that will terminate in the country you're in or very close by, since latency is highly correlated to distance. Sparks and anything that uses Plus Poland would give you decent latency since Poland is very close to being the middle. But if you're doing mostly stuff closer to the Spain or Portugal you may want to consider one that terminates closer to the western side of Europe. When I was in Europe I used Ubigi and always got a local IP (for the countries I tested in) so latency was very good (under 60 ms). But if you really need the very best speeds and latency you're going to have to go with a local eSIM for every country that you're in. A travel eSIM is convenient but will not give you the best speeds or ping times everywhere.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · esim for Denmark

    When we were in Denmark we used Nesa Mobile, Ubigi and [esim.sm](http://esim.sm) (the global esim). Lots of devices and everyone was on something different. We were only in Copenhagen and all 3 worked fine. Nesa Mobile was the cheapest and roams on 3 of the 4 networks (TDC, Telia, and 3) and data was routed through London so latency was pretty good (Ubigi was the best since it got a local IP). We were connected to Telia (now Norlys) pretty much the entire time. It's $5 for 5 GB and $8.50 for 10 GB and there's a 10% coupon code (esimdb10).

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Should I use ubigi or airola

    One of the comments in there also mentioned that Samsung will work with Ubigi since it's a true international sim so it's never roaming. That would explain why I get a local IP with it in every country I've tested (which, to be fair, is only three)...

    r/eSIMs · eSims for a week in the UK?

    How much data do you need and are you staying in one place or going all over? Reason I'm asking is because I've been told that there is not one singular network that will cover all of UK. So I personally would not get Airalo because it's expensive and only gives you access to EE. Ubigi uses EE and 3. Sparks has cheap UK data (15GB for $12.99) and allows you to access all 4 networks. [https://mobimatter.com/travel-esim/sparks-uk-premium-15-gb-esim?destination=GB](https://mobimatter.com/travel-esim/sparks-uk-premium-15-gb-esim?destination=GB) If you are a super low data user use the Global eSIM from eSIM.sm. [https://esim.sm/en/global-esim](https://esim.sm/en/global-esim) It's PAYG (you put money in the wallet and it will deduct as you use data and what's leftover you can use later) and for UK it is $1.33/GB. It also allows you to access all 4 networks in the UK.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Which is the best overall and cheapest between Roamless and eSIM.sm?

    I like Ubigi because their exits points are local (at least at all the places I've tested). On current trip the latency for every place I've tested last been in the mid 40ms range. Their customer service can be very slow if you need help, though. And you can only refer up to 20 people for that 50% off coupon.

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Europe?

    Ubigi. Data is relatively cheap per GB. Have used in UK, Germany and France with no issues in the past. In Europe right now and no issues in Denmark and Sweden. Got local IPs in both countries. Showing about 45 ms or so for latency with good speeds. I also always have Roamless for backup.

    EuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · Airalo eurolink vs Ubigi Europe

    So in Denmark (Copenhagen) right now. We have five devices and literally everyone is using something different 🤣. Ubigi - getting a local IP and latency is 46 ms. Speed is 133 down 31 up. Nesa Mobile - getting an IP out of London and latency is 122 ms. Speed is 130 down 92 up. Visible global pass - IP is out of Dallas and latency is 209 ms. Speed is 77 down 29 up. The British Verizon unlimited ultimate -IP is out is LA and latency is 269 ms. Speed is 62 down 21 up. 5th device is on eSIM.sm but I haven’t measured it yet. Verizon international native roaming is the worst one. It got stuck on Norlys E and was totally unusable. Had to manually lock it to 3. It was the only network it can roam on which seems strange since Visible is roaming on Telenor. Luckily I also have Roamless installed on that device so we could switch to it.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for trip to France - Questions

    Out of curiosity I went and looked up Ubigi annual plans for France. You can get 20GB/month for an annual payment of 76 USD. That's awesome.

    EuropePas cherRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for trip to France - Questions

    Thank you! That's good to know. I've been to France few times but never the county side so I really have no idea. And Ubigi uses every French major network EXCEPT for Orange so I didn't know if that made a difference or not.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for trip to France - Questions

    I used Ubigi in Paris last summer in the middle of the Olympics and didn't have any issues. But Provence is more rural right? You might be better off with Orange then. If you're not a super heavy user consider getting the Roamless eSIM. It's pay as you go (pay for only what you use) and gives you access to all 4 networks in France. [https://roamless.com/esim/france-esim](https://roamless.com/esim/france-esim) And I think the iPhones can go up to 20 eSIM profiles now. Only two can be active but you can store more than that. I only have 4 on mine so I haven't tested the limits yet but I think at the very least you can store up to 8.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi esim help

    Ubigi only has one eSIM regardless of how many plans you've bought. It's not like Airalo where each plan is an new eSIM. Have you installed the Ubigi eSIM on your phone at any time? You actually don't even need to buy a plan to instal the Ubigi eSIM.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Data Only eSIM (US)

    Ubigi offers US data for $29/year if you pay for it upfront. You get 2GB/month and it auto renews monthly. Use it or lose it. It uses only the T-Mobile network. That was going to be my backup plan until I discovered Roamless.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Price Comparison of non-expiring "global" eSims: Roamless vs Unisim vs esim.sm

    I emailed them asking where their IPs originated and they replied pretty quickly saying Poland. I was going to give Unisim a try next time I'm in Europe but maybe I'll try this instead. In the US I'm going to stick with Roamless simply due to the latency. Their expiring data looks on par with prices from Ubigi (slighly cheaper). But I found it interesting that they offer some big packages (50 GB & 100 GB) that have a 60 day expiration rather that the usual 30 day.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Question on install

    Then maybe you're ok? Only customer service can tell you for sure. I've personally never seen any Ubigi plans with greater than 30 days of expiration but I don't know all their plans. I know you can get annual plans but they still expire data at the end of 30 days. If you only have sporadic data usage and you don't want it to expire you should really consider using Roamless. I'm not sure where you're needing data and some countries can be expensive on Roamless but the money you put in never expires and it's pay as you go.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Question on install

    Not for Ubigi because you don't delete Ubigi eSIM when you're done. It stays there and you just buy more plans. I have the eSIM on my phone right now but no plan. If I go buy a 30 day plan today for France then it's valid for 30 days starting today, It will expire at the end of 30 days, even if I never set foot in France. I have it installed on several phones. It's decently cheap data (for most places we frequent) so I buy plans for the kid's phones when we travel.

    ActivationPas cher
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Question on install

    True. But he was asking about Ubigi and that's how Ubigi works. They activate immediately when you pay vs. something like Airalo which won't activate until you connect to a foreign (or supported) network.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi fail in Asia, unfixable

    Ubigi allows like 5 deletes/reinstalls. I’ve only ever had to do a reinstall when I upgraded phones. You have to uninstall on old phone (before wiping it) in order to install on new phone otherwise you get some error and you have to talk to customer service.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - iMessage Help

    I have Verizon and used my Ubigi to get iMessage and calls over WiFi while in UK/France over the summer. I basically followed the instructions laid out here from the guy who is replying to you: [https://www.reddit.com/r/TravelSIMs/comments/1e0r7p3/setting\_up\_iphone\_for\_wifi\_calling\_over\_cellular/](https://www.reddit.com/r/TravelSIMs/comments/1e0r7p3/setting_up_iphone_for_wifi_calling_over_cellular/) Only difference is I burned a global pass on Verizon because I didn't switch a network go a non-roaming partner until I got to the UK. But pretty much after I did that all iMessages (and WiFi calls with no Wifi) went thru Ubigi. I have an iPhone though. I've read that with Android it can be device dependent.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Reliable eSIM Options for Spain & Dubai

    Lots of options for Europe. We were there (in Europe but did not hit Spain) this past summer and used a regional Europe sim. Was pretty cheap and worked well. We were in Dubai Spring 2023 and used Airalo. It also worked well. But wow have prices come down a lot. I paid $35 for 5 GB of data (valid 30 days). Now that same package is $13. Between Airalo and Ubigi I prefer Ubigi because you only have to install the eSim once. But Ubigi is way more expensive in UAE than Airalo right now.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · E-Sim use on vacation in Dubai

    I bought the esims while there and didn’t have any issues. But that was 18 or so months ago so maybe something has changed. Airalo you can buy anytime and it won’t start ticking down the timer until it connects to the network in UAE, so that will probably work. Ubigi and Roamless can both work also but they look pricy for UAE.

    Asie
  • extra_rice 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/travel · Back from Japan – Pocket WiFi vs SIM vs eSIM (What Actually Worked)

    Yep. I've been traveling to Japan for many years and only last year switched to Ubugi eSIM, and I highly recommend it. For years, I had been renting pocket WiFi. Although most companies that offer the service have made it really convenient to use (like airport pickup, hotel delivery, etc.) it's still additional trouble having to remember to charge it, and securing so you don't lose it etc. Before you leave, you have to find a post box to drop it, which isn't hard, but just another thing to worry about. All of that is gone with an eSIM.

    Japon
  • trek123 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Catch-22 with eSIM activation?

    I think you are mixing up installation and the plan activation. Most travel eSIMs let you install and initially activate beforehand (which is the bit that requires internet) then only fully activate once they connect to the network. Airalo shouldn't have an issue with this nor should most of the major travel companies like Ubigi, Nomad, Sparks. A few eSIMs, usually the real local ones, will only install and activate once within their home country. Lycamobile is the most common one mentioned here because people often need up with them, but not the only one. If you are super concerned, put a small amount of credit onto a global eSIM like Roamless or eSIM.sm's global eSIM and that will at least get you started if your main eSIM doesn't work on landing for whatever reason.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Global esims

    Roamless or esim.sm global Using a regional + separate eSIM from Oman might well be cheaper. Whole point of eSIMs is easy of switching them... Some products like Saily, Ubigi and GoMoWorld whilst they are separate "plans" they all run on the same eSIM so you don't have to install another one.

    Activation
  • Atreyu_Spero 🇬🇧

    13 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - Huge Scam

    Shit so you were hotspotting, I see now. I don't know if there is any true unlimited eSIM that's available to purchase online. Next time try to convert a physical, local sim that's unlimited to eSIM and you shouldn't have any throttling problems. Ubigi support is slow and I don't think I'll use them again.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi unable to enter password on login screen

    As I remember correctly you need to have your plan activated before you can log in to their app. You need to buy the plan through their website and once activated (it won't start using data until you land in Japan) you can use the app to add more data as needed. Airalo is completely different, you can log in using an email and password. You can purchase eSIMs through their app without having an active plan. I thought Ubigi sucked for the same trouble you are having and it took a week for a support reply.

    ActivationJaponRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Asia

    Did a similar trip with Airalo recently without issue. My girlfriend used Ubigi and their support was really slow to contact for account related issues.

    Remboursement
    r/eSIMs · Going to Osaka Japan for a family trip, any good reccomendations?

    I don't think there's any truly unlimited data esims for Japan.  That said mobal ranks high on here for coverage, price and that they give a lot of their profits to charity.  Ubigi is popular as well but I had a lot of trouble with their support reply timelines.

    JaponRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · eSIMs for Japan

    Mobal seems to be really popular in Japan right now. Ubigi had awfully slow customer support when I had a problem. I wouldn't use them again even though they are popular also.

    r/eSIMs · Going to Japan & Thailand for a month, any tips? Two Layovers too, from the UK.

    It's easy to use a lot of data in both places so don't go with a big eSIM provider that will give you less data at a high cost. If you want to save money go with Mobal in Japan and DTAC or TRUE in Thailand. Buy a physical sim and convert to eSIM to save the most money. The expense is low for a lot of 5G data doing this. If you don't want the trouble, spend the money on Ubigi or Airalo, even though their support both suck. They work without issue. Another cheaper option that is simple is using Agoda but the support would be worse and there's no data usage monitor except which is part of your phone OS with android devices, anyways.

    AsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi question…

    Yes, it should automatically connect when you land but turn off data roaming on your primary (home country) sim. You may have to switch networks but it will automatically connect to the first available network. Ubigi is decent in Japan from what I've read also.

    ActivationJapon
    r/eSIMs · Vodafone UK - visiting USA.. how to avoid daily roaming charge

    I'm always looking for better options than the big, well know eSIM providers as I travel a lot. The big ones out there like Airalo, Holafly and Ubigi are decent but the problem I've had is reliability and when they go down the support is very slow to act but has always refunded me. I like to check eSIMdb then I'll often buy a local physical sim to save money and get the absolute best service and reliability.

    Remboursement
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Travel in France and Barcelona?

    If you want an affordable price look at esimdb to see the affordable esims that give you coverage in both countries. Orange looks to be a little on the pricey side. Ubigi is who I would go with and they have a 10% off code.

    r/eSIMs · Data usage for Japan

    I've researched this a lot after using airalo in Japan (without issue, I will add but their support is deplorable, so is Ubigi which also worked without issue but any support request took days to answer). The way to go is Mobal, they are a Japanese company that has a strong charitable promise that sells eSIMs and offers support in English. They leverage many networks in Japan for good coverage.

    Japon
  • N805DN 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is mobimatter/sparks trustworthy and good for the US?

    MobiMatter routes through Hong Kong and Sparks routes through Poland. Both will give you quite significant latency because of this when you’re in the US. I’d look at BNE, Umi, Numero, BetterRoaming, Airalo, Firsty or Ubigi for providers that route through the US.

    États-Unis
  • leg0myeggo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is it better to just buy three local SIMs?

    Ubigi has a multi country sim plan that covers all those countries so you can just buy one plan: https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/rates-and-coverage/best-asia-data-plans/best-asia-25gb-30-days/?wmc-currency=USD

    Asie
  • Crashbeta 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Japan... so many options.

    I used Ubigi and it worked well for 5G. I have never heard of Jetpac Global but I will consider it next time I visit Japan. Airalo only connected to LTE when I was in Japan in early 2024. I have seen Airalo used in Spain and it could switch from LTE to 5G but that is on a completely different network.

    Japon
  • CultureThis6577 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · E sims for 3 weeks travel

    I’ve always used airalo and partner used ubigi. Under the assumption they have different networks we used different providers to have a larger coverage area. Not too sure if they do run off the same but he sometimes had signal when I didn’t.

  • firstclassblizzard 🇬🇧🌐

    8 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Dual esims

    Perfect. Easy set up. You should have both your US SIM and your Ubigi eSIM on during the trip. This prevents all your contacts from seeing new iMessage threads from your iCloud email address. Just make sure to turn off roaming on your US SIM to make extra sure no data charges occur. When you land in Japan, you can switch cellular data from your US SIM to your Ubigi SIM. Because you will have already enabled WiFi calling, your US phone number will be able to receive and send SMS + phone calls. Only thing that may not work is MMS. RCS is a data-based protocol and will work just fine. Get the Ubigi eSIM about a week before your trip and be sure to use a referral when buying your data (I have one if you want). Roaming should be on for your Ubigi eSIM. The 30 day countdown on the data package you buy doesn’t start ticking until you connect to a Japanese telco on arrival Hope this helps

    ActivationJapon
    r/eSIMs · Dual esims

    You need to do things to enable what you want 1. Unlocked phone 2. WiFi calling needs to be on before departing the US Ubigi is my go to for foreign data. What device are you on? You can avoid buying roaming from Boost

    r/eSIMs · Need e-sim advice for Europe

    What country is your grandma in? Tello covers most European countries and operates on WiFi calling too. As long as you activate in the US, you can take it abroad. For data, go with whomever, though my personal rec is Ubigi based on price and experience overall

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Should I use ubigi or airola

    Ubigi. They have a good intro offer for new users and lower cost overall. Plus I hear a lot complaints on here of fraudulent charges to folks with cards saved to Airalo. DM me if you want a referral code

    Pas cher
  • Old-Attention-6278 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for Italy

    I used Ubigi in Italy and could not access social media and FB Messenger, only emails and Google Maps. And sometimes the links inside of emails would not open.

    Europe
  • johnnysgotyoucovered 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for Italy

    Airalo was great when I was in the outskirts of Milan as it would switch between TIM, WindTre, Vodafone and ILIAD (newer provider I think). TIM had decent coverage even when in valleys/really remote areas too. Ubigi also worked well and was faster but was far more expensive. Purely on price, google “Vodafone Travel Italy ESIM”, they have a 100GB “travel together” package for £37 which has up to 5 ESIMs, and they’ve also got an unlimited data one which is 5GB high speed per day then 5Mb/s which is more than enough for maps and social media. Their 100GB ESIM isn’t bad at £19 either

    Europe
  • Vast_Opposite7575 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for Italy

    Just got back from Barcelona(2 days) and Rome(4 days)(also on Norwegian Cruise for 6 days-used data a bit on ship)-used Ubigi esim $7 for 3GB-worked fantastic-can go on Ubigi site to see how much Data is remaining throughout trip too

    Europe
  • JesusSandro 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • SubstanceEasy4576 🇬🇧

    10 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Unlimited isn't unlimted, it has an upper limit and you'll get cut off.

    Hi, Ubigi are a provider I'd recommend for low to moderate usage. They're no good for heavy usage as you know (!), but the same applies to most eSIM providers. Ubigi are a decent choice across many parts of the world because they have a range of different IP breakout points. Most small eSIM providers have a single IP breakout point eg. Poland, UK, France, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Ireland (these are the main ones). I tried a really cheap eSIM a while back which obviously used Singtel's roaming partners, the APN settings were those of Singtel, Singapore. This meant that the ping in the UK was around 250 ms rather than 20-40 ms when using British networks directly. The data was being routed via Singapore. It felt very laggy despite excellent download speeds. The number of suitable eSIM providers drops abruptly for users needing more than about 50 GB per month. You can use the travel eSIM comparison website below to see your options. After setting one or more countries where coverage is needed, you enter the data allowance required. Advanced options allow you to remove providers which block Hotspot and those which throttle data beyond a certain point. https://esimdb.com/ There are sometimes errors on the comparison tool, so it's worth checking everything again with the company you choose once you've been redirected to their website.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Unlimited isn't unlimted, it has an upper limit and you'll get cut off.

    Yeah, EE have a soft cap of 600 GB on consumer unlimited plans. EU roaming allowance depends on the plan, some plans have no inclusive roaming. Mine has 50 GB in EU I believe. >if I'm limited to 2 Mbps surely Yes, when this restriction is in place, it's impossible for your usage to put a strain on whichever network you're roaming on, nor are Ubigi interested in this - they may pretend they are to cover for the real reason they limit usage. All travel eSIM providers care about is limiting your total data usage to keep the plans profitable. Naturally, if people use data beyond a certain point, they can lose money. I doubt this would be true when you've used 100-150 GB though, not unless the plan was unusually cheap. Orange Unlimited are an option if 10 Mbps isn't an issue, but only if there's a plan including all the countries you want ie. Turkey as well as EU. Since the latency/ping is unaffected by the cap, it doesn't have much impact on performance unless you're doing something demanding. Browsing and basic streaming will work. Separate plans for the EU and Turkey can be the cheapest option. You can get Europe/EU plans with up to 100 GB from eSIM.Dog for about £25. If you run out, you can buy the same plan again or a different one. Turkey plans are cheap at eSIM.Dog. For example, 20 GB can be obtained for about £4.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Unlimited isn't unlimted, it has an upper limit and you'll get cut off.

    Disappointing, but not entirely unsurprising. Only a small minority of travel eSIMs are truly unlimited - most enforce a large speed reduction after only moderate usage, with or without additional FUP criteria. The reduction in speed is often so large that streaming becomes impossible. Plans offering a fixed high data allowance are usually cheaper than unlimited and free of throttling. I do find it disappointing that Ubigi cut you off entirely, despite only being able to use data at restricted speed. In my opinion, this just shouldn't occur. The quantity of data you used was relatively high but not unusual. Any claim that they are "protecting the network" is nonsense. They are solely concerned about how much they have to pay their roaming partners if a large number of GB are used. It's not their role to "protect" any network. Mobile networks themselves are sometimes concerned about very heavy usage when this is occurring on congested mast sites, and do at times restrict speeds to ensure that the mast remains usable for everyone. But, this isn't an issue for any third party to worry about. What I'd like to see is an end to "unlimited" offers which aren't unlimited. I'd much prefer to see a fixed but high data allowance eg. 150 GB/30 days, 250 GB, 500 GB etc. What's the alternative if I really do need unlimited data? Orange Travel provide an unlimited data option with a speed cap of 10 Mbps, the speed cap is fixed irrespective of data usage. You can use up to 100 GB per day ie. you can use 10 Mbps continuously for almost but not quite 24 hours per day. Full HD streaming on a single device is possible at 10 Mbps, but 4K streaming is not. Orange Travel do not speed cap their large data allowance plans eg. 200 GB, 500 GB etc. These are generally a better option if you want to share the connection since 10 Mbps unlimited plans work well on a single device but not so much when multiple devices are using the connection. When travelling to a single destination, unlimited or ultra high data allowance plans are available by purchasing a prepaid plan direct from a mobile network. For example, for the UK, EE sell unlimited data tourist eSIMs. EE's fair usage policy on unlimited plans is 600 GB per month uncapped, followed by the possibility of speed restrictions.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Best e-sim for studying abroad in Europe?

    You can easily get a travel eSIM to get you stated. Ubigi usually works fine. A 7 day plan would be enough. During the first few days, you can then purchase a local prepaid plan. There are some excellent low-cost options for both Spain and Portugal. Local SIMs perform better than travel SIMs, mostly because latency is lower, making the experience feel more responsive. All you need to buy a local SIM is your password and your wallet. For Spain, I'd recommend Movistar prepaid. Movistar have the greatest coverage and frequently the best performance. Currently, Movistar's prepaid plans include 60 GB / 28 days for €10, or 240 GB for $15. https://www.movistar.es/tarifas-moviles/prepago The data allowance on the above Movistar plans can be used in Portugal up to 15-20 GB/month on a short-term basis, allowing you time to find a local alternative. For Portugal, I'd recommend Woo, a digital app-based service run by the Nos mobile networks. The plans work as a monthly subscription. When you're ready to leave, you need to log in to the app and unaubscribe from the plan. Woo offer 100 GB/month with local calls and SMS included for €5. Unlimited data is €7. https://www.woo.pt/tarifarios-telemovel On these plans, you can use 7.5-10.5 GB/month in Spain, so plenty of time to switch over.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Travelling to Europe for 12 days, need help deciding on an esim

    Hi, First of all, the unlimited warning! The vast majority of unlimited data travel eSIMs are far from being truly unlimited. Most throttle data to 2G speeds after using a moderate amount, with either daily caps or a total cap for the life of the plan. On the other hand, it's extremely easy and less expensive to buy data bundles up to 50 GB. If you need more than 50 GB.... Orange Travel do unlimited data (well, up to a vast 100 GB per day) capped to a download speed of 10 Mbps. At this speed, streaming in full HD works normally, but 4K streaming does not. Vodafone Travel do unlimited data where the first 5 GB per day is full speed, and usage above this is capped to 5 Mbps. Unlike most "Unlimited" data travel eSIMs where data over the threshold is literally strangulated, standard definition video streaming and browsing continue to work on this plan. Prices: Vodafone Unlimited with speed policy as above, Europe plan, £28 (or equivalent) for 15 days. Orange Travel unlimited with 10 Mbps speed cap, Europe plan. £35.99 (or equivalent) for 15 days. Orange (uncapped, full speed) Europe plan. 50 GB for £36.99 or 100 GB for £39.99. Ubigi (probably the current most popular travel eSIM for Europe). 25 GB for 30 days, 29 USD (or equivalent). 50 GB for 30 days, 54 USD. Ubigi sell "Unlimited" data but I won't list prices because they throttle speeds after moderate usage and attempting much usage after the cap can lead to being cut off. Like most sellers, the "Unlimited" bundles therefore border on fraudulent. I hope this is useful.

    EuropeIllimité
    r/eSIMs · SIM card in Poland

    Hi, This is what I'd do personally.... 1. Get a cheap data-only eSIM to cover the first week or more in Poland while you get sorted out. Inexpensive deals are available from many companies such as Ubigi. 2. Get a Polish SIM. T-mobile Polska currently have excellent prepaid deals. The major offering is called Year of the Internet 9999 GB, which is a huge data volume, over 800 GB per month. The cheapest way to get this is: 1. Buy a T-mobile SIM labelled 9999 GB for 5 zł. 2. Set up the prepaid Go! M Tariff which costs 35 zł per month (although first month is usually free). You do not need any of the more expensive tariffs. Now, the Go! M Tariff normally gives you 50 GB per month, but is fully eligible for the "Year or the Internet" offer. Login to the T-mobile app and you can simply activate this offer for no additional cost. You'll then get more that 800 GB per month added to your data allowance. It also includes unlimited calls and SMS to Polish numbers. What this means is that you can get virtually unlimited data for 35 zł per month, which is equivalent to 9.37 US dollars. This is one of the least expensive deals in Europe, and certainly among the best in Poland. T-mobile Polska is a pretty good network, often winning fastest network in Poland. The starter pack looks like this: https://preview.redd.it/36fdepsex3nh1.jpeg?width=817&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=fb855f89ad19a5287568897cf255980db111591e

    EuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · eSIM de intercambio a Brasil desde Colombia

    Hi, I've done some reading about what Movistar Colombia offer, using their website translated from Spanish. As far as I can tell, if you're on contract (postpago) with Movistar Colombia, you can buy a roaming option which costs COP 109 900 per month. You would need to activate this before your trip and end the service when you return so that charges don't continue. This option gives you 25 GB per month in Brazil (and various other countries), unlimited calls back to Colombia and unlimited SMS to any country. Receiving SMS is free - it does require roaming to be active on your plan but it doesn't require you to have bought any data add ons. https://www.movistar.com.co/roaming-internacional Telefonica, who own Movistar Colombia also own Vivo Brasil, one of their largest networks. As a result, it's likely that you would be roaming on Vivo if you choose to use Movistar's roaming. If you're rather use a travel eSIM, you'll still need to ensure that roaming is active on your Movistar SIM so that SMS can come through when you're in Brazil. You can check this with customer service. If you are using a travel eSIM, turn data roaming OFF on your Movistar SIM before you land in Brazil. You'll turn it back on when you leave. Tell people not to telephone your Movistar number because you'll pay per minute and it's quite expensive. They can call you on an Internet-based app like WhatsApp instead. WhatsApp will work with a travel eSIM or with the data roaming you've bought from Movistar. If you're on WiFi, you can also use Movistar WiFi calling if you buy their roaming package. Travel eSIMs for Brazil are available from loads of companies. Most are data only. Ubigi is a popular option. It will let you roam on Vivo Brasil and TIM, including 4G and 5G. https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/data-plans-and-coverage/ubigi-esim-data-plans/?one-off=on&destination=bra

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Oceania Plan?

    I haven't, but it sounds like your best option. I can't see alternatives that cover all those locations. Ubigi list their roaming partner networks for each of the countries you mentioned, which is promising. I don't feel confident with providers who list an obscure destination without identifying a partner network. Unlike most travel eSIM providers, Ubigi isn't just a reseller. The company have their own network core, and develop their own links with partner networks around the world. This means that some of their offerings are unique and not easily avaliable from multiple other companies.

    r/eSIMs · BEST eSIM SE Asia/Mainly Japan

    Hi, A lot depends on how much data you need and how much you're willing to pay. What sort of allowance are you wanting to buy? Ubigi are one of the larger companies and have moderate prices. They're certainly very widely used. You have the option of buying from a major company eg. Orange Travel, or using a small independent seller which might only have a couple of staff. The smallest providers usually act a discount reseller of other company's services. For example, eSIM.Dog, one of the cheapest options for most countries, sell eSIMs powered by about five other companies. This allows them to be very competitive on price, but the website and buying process lack the polish you get from a large travel company. For Japan, eSIM.Dog do 50 GB data for 30 days for $17.64 on the blue plan, amongst other options. This plan allows you to access all four of Japan's mobile networks (NTT Docomo, au by KDDI, SoftBank and Rakuten mobile).

  • Running-World 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · I need Esim advice. I was BADLY burnt by Ubigi.

    I used Ubigi back in July and it was fine for me all over Tokyo, Hakone, and even on the side of Mount Fuji while I hiked. I think maybe your phone sim is somehow still active or you simply have it misconfigured and it's connecting to open wifi on occasion which is enough for somethings but not others. Though I would take a moment and reboot your phone and disable regular wifi. I did have an issue sort of like you are describing while I attempted to use some hotel wifi. After that I opted out of all wifi connections and only used Ubigi for the rest of my trip. But my issue was simply that my regular cellular line had been booted off of Wifi Calling (which uses the data through Ubigi). But removing the wifi and a reboot fixed it. I used apple maps and google maps. No issues, though I also took the initiative on Apple to download the entire area in Japan that I intended to visit. So if there was a data issue, I had an offline map for it to reference.

    Japon
  • _g3w2SkY9j 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • capngills 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • FeiGei 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · I need Esim advice. I was BADLY burnt by Ubigi.

    I mostly used Ubigi (NTT Docomo network, biggest provider in Japan) myself, but in some places it did not work as well or not at all. So I tried Airalo (Softbank network) as a backup and it did work in those areas. I hopped between these 2 during my month-long trip, but Ubigi definitely covered more areas and was faster.

    Japon
  • Gi1rim 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · I need Esim advice. I was BADLY burnt by Ubigi.

    I'm currently having an ok time on ubigi, but had the weirdest outage last night in an intersection in shibuya. Walked over to the other side of the street and it started working again 🤷‍♂️ also kid and wife had less hassle getting their saily eSIM working at arrivals but idk. Pixel pro 11 for anyone wondering 

    ActivationJapon
  • O-Namazu 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • DeltaChip64 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • JackPBauer 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ketralnis 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Sad_Fat_Dragon12 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravel · eSIM

    Honestly I went to Japan for a month and would 100% get an esim, they work better and are often cheaper than an international plan through your carrier, I used the JJ esim since it was the only I could find without usage throttling, and it worked almost unbelievably well for the price it was 100% worth it, with that being said ik many other people who have used other like ubigi and they seem to work well as well with that in mind. TLDR: Just get an esim they normally work better and are cheaper

    Japon
  • enETL2 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi esim installation impossible on Xiaomi 17T Pro

    You need internet connection to install esim You can delete offline, but there could be issues for non single use sim (eg if you're online, the provider like ubigi would get notified that you deleted sim, and allow you to reissue or reinstall. If you're offline, maybe the phone will wait until you're online to send that information ... Or maybe not) For single use esims, doesn't matter, yo ucan delete offline

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · When moving my eSIM to a new phone, can I just reactivate the old profile later—or does it become unusable once activated?

    Depends on how they implemented the QR code Most qr codes are one and done. Some providers allow generic QR code (same code for everyone), and detect your account via your EID (/IMEI). Betterroaming does this (each EID basically is its own unique account) while Verizon/TMobile asks you to register EID before scanning QR code Some provider allow you to reuse QR code (Roamless unlimited times, Ubigi up to 5 times)

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Kenya plan that uses Safaricom instead of Airtel?

    https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/rates-and-coverage/kenya-data-plans/kenya-1gb-7-days/ Some esim provides list stale data on their website, but I doubt ubigi does (they are more legit company than some of their other resellers

    r/eSIMs · Help with 9esim error.

    some providers allow you to scan same QR Code on different device (Ubigi allows up to 5 transfers), Roamless allows unlimited transfers. some providers give generic QR code, and they provision by using the device EID that's sent during the scanning process. Betterroaming travel eSIM is an example (everyone uses same QR code), ATT/Tmobile are another example some providers allow re-download on same device, but not on another device most providers, especially travel eSIM resellers, are one and done only. no transfer

    Activation
  • Wolfemmanaomi 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • cabbageboy78 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Pristine_Nectarine19 🇬🇧🌐

    10 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Esim card for Sicily

    Ubigi works well. I used it in Italy last year. (there isn’t a separate plan for Sicily)  Do you really need unlimited? You won’t have wifi at all? I never use more than about 1GB/day. Depending on how long your trip is you can probably get by with a plan for $15-30 USD. 

    Europe
  • red821673 🇬🇧

    6 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi slow customer support

    Thanks for the input. I recently found MobiMatter is more responsive as well. The nice thing with Ubigi is you install only one eSIM.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · UBIGI

    Ubigi worked for me in Japan, Korea and other countries. I’ve also changed phone as well and have no issue with reinstalling Ubigi eSIM.

    ActivationAsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · Japan... so many options.

    I used Ubigi in Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto. My phone connected to 5G and it was fast. Make sure your phone is 5G capable as older phones are not. Activation was simple. Ubigi uses a single eSIM unlike some other eSIM sellers. With a single eSIM of you buy other eSIM packages for another country, you can reuse that same esim in your phone. Phones can only store limited number of eSIMs.

    ActivationJapon
  • Flimsy-Process230 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · ESIM Japan

    Keep in mind that “unlimited” eSIMs don’t mean unlimited high-speed data. Most are subject to a fair-use policy meaning that after you use a certain amount of data per day, often around 3 GB, your speed will be throttled. In many cases the throttled speed is slow enough to be practically unusable. Personally I prefer fixed-GB eSIMs because I know all the data I’m paying for is high-speed. That said, I’ve used both Ubigi and Airalo in Japan without any problems.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Constant internet dropouts with every eSIM I’ve tried (Airalo, Holafly, etc.) on two different iPhones

    I also use an iPhone and have tried many international eSIM providers (Airalo, Ubigi, Trip.com, etc.), and I’ve never experienced that issue. They’ve all been very reliable for me. I’ve installed and deleted so many eSIMs over the years that I’ve lost count, and I haven’t run into the problem you’re describing. In fact, the only unusual thing I’ve ever seen was with Ubigi in China: my phone showed no signal bars, but mobile data still worked. Occasionally if I notice my data is slower than usual I’ll toggle Airplane Mode on and off and that seems to fix it. But I don’t have to do that very often. It might be a glitch specific to your phone.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · esim and the china great firewall

    I used Ubigi in China, and WhatsApp and YouTube worked, but ChatGPT and Gemini didn’t. On the other hand, Airalo and Trip.com worked perfectly (including ChatGPT and Gemini)

    Asie
  • Wrong-Pudding93 🇬🇧

    23 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Lebara enter Travel SIM market

    Oof. Especially when comparing Australia to other providers (10GB 30 days): - Nomad £8.78 - Airalo £11.90 - Saily £12.00 - Ubigi £13.50 - BetterRoaming £13.85 And Lebara (at 7 days more but 2GB less): £25, with the non-discount price being £33. Not competitive at all is what I would say.

    r/eSIMs · Help with settings

    - Everything looks correct. In the last picture, you would select Ubigi for data. - Optional: You can turn on Wifi calling for Verizon Verizon may automatically activate a pass when you connect to a foreign network. You have to ask them and maybe switch to a pay-as-you-go roaming model for the time being.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM for Central, East and South coast Sri Lanka

    These are the 3 large providers in Sri Lanka (and their coverage) as I understand it: 1. Dialog Axiata (very good) 2. SLT Mobitel (good) 3. Hutch (okay) Here are some providers sorted from price low to high: There are **Airalo** and **Monty eSIM** which have good pricing but only support the Hutch network. So this is not optimal if you are looking for good coverage. Then there are **Ubigi**, **Kolet**, **eSIM.sm (with coupon esimdb10) which support both the Mobitel and Hutch networks. They are also just a little more expensive. **Manet, EscapeSIM, Roamify, MicroEsim, eSIM4Travel and MobiMatter Sparks only support the Mobitel network, **Roamless (fix)** only supports the Hutch network. = TLDR; I would get Ubigi, Kolet or eSIM.sm (with code esimdb10) since they all cost roughly the same and support the Hutch and Mobitel network.

    AsieRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · ESIM Japan

    Yes, that is a good combo but keep in mind that even if you buy their unlimited package, the data is not unlimited full speed. Ubigi throttles after 5GB per day to 2Mbps. Fine if that works for you but just something to know. The KDDI SIM I've linked shouldn't do that, at least not on a daily basis (since it is directly issued by KDDI). I've read reports that people downloaded 100s of GB on that unlimted plan.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi e sim Q

    Yes, you can install it before. As stated in the screenshot, your plan (Europe unlimited) only starts when it connects to a network in a destination country. Meaning you can install now and turn it off in the settings. Then, once you are in Europe, turn it on again and the plan should start automatically. Don't forget to turn on data roaming for Ubigi and set it as default SIM for data usage.

    ActivationEuropeIllimité
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi europe internet issues

    Contact support, otherwise it seems like there is nothing wrong (you don't need to set voice to Ubigi since it is data only but that probably does not cause the issues).

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for India, Chennai (3 Weeks Trip)

    You could get a local SIM in India and it would probably be cheaper but it seems like it is not that easy. https://www.reddit.com/r/india_tourism/comments/1atwd06/comment/kr2dgrn/ Ubigi sounds like a good deal compared to most other providers and the Jio network it connects to is also good.

    AsiePas cherRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Out of this Esim provider which one to go with

    As u/Intrepid-Strain4189 said, Ubigi has an FUP of 1Mbps which is still usable. iRoamly does have unlimited plans and when I tested, the FUP was around 12 Mbps. BUT this is written nowhere and can change depending on country/date.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Mexico? Airalo vs Ubigi vs Telcel (for tourist itinerary)

    Don't use Airalo. You definitely need access to the Telcel network for good coverage. Ubigi has that. More budget options would be Nesa (https://nesamobile.com/plans/mexico) orAlways Mobile (https://always-mobile.com/products/mx_zone). I am pretty sure that these two are selling the same product. Both support Telcel and Movistar networks (4G)

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Vietnam

    This is completely correct but in cities like Saigon, Vinaphone should be similar to Viettel. Their phone probably auto-connected to Vietnamobile (Ubigi also supports that) and that's where the issues are from.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Vietnam

    Ubigi uses Vinaphone and Vietnamobile. Vinaphone is good while Vietnamobile is the worst network in VN by far both speed and coverage-wise as of right now. Maybe your phone auto-connected to Vietnamobile? I would advise anyone using Ubigi in VN to manually select the Vinaphone (VNPT) network.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Should I use ubigi or airola

    Ubigi is data-only, you will not get a phone number with it. You can use the data that is provided by Ubigi to call via your existing phone number if set up correctly. If it does not work for some reason, you can still call with your existing number on Wifi. (You need to turn on Wifi calling on your home SIM)

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - turn off?

    You can just deactivate the SIM in the settings. If you just bought a standard package (e.g. 10 GB for 30 days), there is nothing else you need to do. If you have a monthly/yearly subscription (highly unlikely), you will need to cancel that. The next time you want to use Ubigi, you just buy a plan and turn the SIM back on.

    ActivationRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi E-Sim Activation?

    Did you try restarting your phone? Something stupid stuff like this gets fixed by a restart. In theory you should be able to activate your Ubigi SIM anytime.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSim stuck in roaming, no data in Japan

    **You have probably already tried this but:** Since you both have Samsung devices, try to put them side by side and copy the settings. This situation is really unusual because it looks like you are connected to the network but the mobile data just does not work, which is usually fixed by correct APN and turning on data roaming. But it looks like you've configured everything correctly... Also weird that you say your partner doesn't show an R (for roaming). This normally indicates that you are connected to your home network which is really rare with travel esims like Ubigi, Airalo, etc.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSim stuck in roaming, no data in Japan

    You have probably already tried this but: Since you both have Samsung devices, try to put them side by side and copy the settings. This is really weird because it looks like you are connected to the network but the mobile data just does not work, which is usually fixed by correct APN and turning on data roaming. But it looks like you've configured everything correctly... Also weird that you say your partner doesn't show an R (for roaming). This normally indicates that you are connected to your home network which is really rare with travel esims like Ubigi, Airalo, etc. Can your partner visit the site https://ip.me and look what is listed under 'Country Code'?

    r/eSIMs · Is my UBIGI actived or not

    Looks like it is installed on your phone but the app does not recognize it.. did you try to restart your phone? What happens when you press 'fix'? BTW: You need to activate data roaming for the Ubigi SIM.

    Activation
  • wbAtSimiV 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Help: Ubigi eSIM won't connect in Florida (Motorola Edge 50 fusión)

    Your Settings should be OK, the issue mot likely lies in Ubigi side. Open the "Ubigi" app on your phone, to check if you can see your purchased eSIM plan under the dashboard, if it's not shown up you need to contact Ubigi support. I remeber I experienced similar issue, and it's only resolved after the Ubigi support manually connected my eSIM's ICCD into somewhere their system.

    ActivationRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Looking for an eSIM for Europe that routes through a US IP address?

    Yes, that's the case at least for the eSIMs destined to the north america, just enabling the "Smart IP" feature in the app's Settings to select the desired country of residence - US. Ubigi claims that its Smart IP feature is something traditionally associated with VPNs. But I've not used the feature in Europe.

  • explicitspirit 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Why do people buy esims promoted by influencers?

    I used Ubigi for France/Italy/Greece/Malta before, solid service, cost me 12 USD IIRC. I have an upcoming trip for Europe as well with a stop in Turkiye so I'd have to get the more expensive "extended" option which costs double. I might just get two separate eSims instead, one for Turkiye and one for the rest of Europe.

    AsieEurope
    r/eSIMs · Why do people buy esims promoted by influencers?

    The thing is services like Airalo and Saily can be 4x as expensive as a random provider from Trip.com or Ubigi. I get that they can demand higher pricing, but not that much. Just a quick example for a Europe eSim for 30 days and 10GB costs 44 CAD, while vendors on Trip.com have rates in the $12 CAD range. Ubigi sits in the middle but is still under $20. The price difference is huge.

    EuropePas cher
  • Lordy927 🇬🇧🌐

    3 commentaires analysés

  • jakenufan 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Yes, Ubigi worked great for my trip to Tokyo just a couple of weeks ago. I went around Haneda airport, Asakusa, Tokyo Station, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Mitaka, Odaiba, Musashi Sakai, and ICU. All over the course of 8 days. Used my phone often for Google Maps and looking up things. I bought 10gb of data for $16.50 and I had about 4gb leftover after I left Japan!

    Japon
  • SteveFCA 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

  • HolidayPineapple9316 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • doubttom 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Ubigi. I installed the app and bought the 15 day unlimited. When I landed in Haneda on the plane I took off airplane mode and activated the Sim. I disabled my Verizon cell and only turned it back on when I landed back in the states.

    ActivationIllimitéJapon
  • mcdasmans 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Just was in Tokyo and ubigi worked for the most part but I had issues with it not switching networks when one was congested (ie fat signal, no traffic) This happened twice in restaurants where wanted to translate the menu. It also had my wife and kid having great connections while I had no data going out/in. Apparently I got the wrong network. Other than that, no issues (yet)

    Japon
  • cantuccihq 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    The one issue I had with Ubigi is that you can only create one SIM per account. I was trying to create cards for each of my kids. The limitation wasn’t obvious so I accidentally bought extra sims on my account and had to get them refunded.

    ActivationRemboursement
  • seanffy 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Environmental_Ask675 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    We used Ubigi, it worked great. T-Mobile note. I never turned it off, for the most part I could still send and receive sms on my t/mobile line in Japan. No extra charges, that was handy. Ubigi for data, while T-mobile kept me in loop for back home.

    Japon
  • awkdork 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi in Europe

    Done all this, it was futile. Ended up getting a second e-sim and now chasing Ubigi for a refund. Thanks for responding!

    Remboursement
  • sad_socks_aaaah 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ilovetoyap 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · UBIGI

    I've deleted apps and it doesnt affect the separately downloaded eSIM if you've already installed it. Ubigi worked fine for me last time I had it. so YMMV

    r/eSIMs · eSIMs you can reinstall on same device

    Yes, I've reinstalled an Eskimo SIM -- but you have to find the original account that had that phone EID registered, for the reason listed here (ie so people don't just keep registering for free data over and over again on the same phone). I've reinstalled eSIM for Eskimo, Roamless, Firsty, Ubigi and GoogleFi.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Should I use ubigi or airola

    Ymmv but I used both and could never get Airalo to work. Ubigi was fine and their option to show a US IP even when I was in JP also worked. Other than that I used Nomad and Saily without problems.

    Japon
  • Rare_Reaction_6887 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · which esim for USA

    T‑Mobile based eSIMs usually give you the best combo of price and coverage in the Midwest. Ubigi and Airalo both work fine, but if you’ll be outside big cities a lot, I’d lean Ubigi or just grab a direct T‑Mobile prepaid eSIM once you land. Avoid super cheap random resellers on Google, they throttle like crazy or have awful support.

    États-Unis
  • thePhoenixEatery 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Avoid HolaFly Esim At all Costs

    I don't think you are understanding. You don't offer a "finalize order" button. It's only "checkout," which is extremely shady. Also you don't offer any support. ONLY AI and basically it says your SOL

  • mrbutcha 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Senator-Dingdong 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Kooky-Slide-8333 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • xConstantz 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Wife cannot download ubigi esim

    Since she logged into her account from a few years ago, the system attached that new data plan directly to her old phone. Ubigi does not generate new activation codes when you buy a plan because they assume you are still using the original digital profile. To get it on her new Pixel, she needs to open the Ubigi app, log in, go to the settings tab, and tap the option to reinstall the eSIM. The catch is that Ubigi usually requires the profile to be deleted from the old device first before it will transfer. If she got rid of her old phone years ago without manually deleting the profile in her network settings, the app is going to throw an error. If that happens, just shoot Ubigi customer support an email. They can manually release the profile on their end so she can download it to the Pixel without losing the money you just spent on the plan.

    Activation
  • AlanK61 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Mush_USMobile 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Please help: Ubigi data plan installed in iPad shows up on iPhone.

    Glad Ubigi sorted it out for you. Yeah the same account login on both devices was definitely the issue, their system ties plans to the account not the device so it gets confused when you're trying to manage separate eSIMs from one login. Good to know their support actually came through. Thats not always the case with travel eSIM providers. One thing to keep in mind for future trips though, managing separate accounts for each device can get annoying if you travel a lot or have multiple devices. And with data only eSIMs you're still juggling your regular number separately for calls and texts. I work at US Mobile and we do international roaming a bit differently. Our [Unlimited Premium plan](https://www.usmobile.com/international-roaming-phone-plans) includes 20GB of free roaming in 180+ countries including Australia. Its native to your existing line so calls, texts, data all just work when you land. No separate app, no second account, no installing new eSIMs every trip. One plan, works on your phone, done. For iPad you'd still need a separate data solution since its a different device, but at least your phone is covered without the hassle. Anyway sounds like you're sorted for this trip. Safe travels!

    ActivationRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for UK?

    Both Ubigi and Holafly work fine for basic stuff like social media and maps. For 20GB between two people for a week either would probably do the job. Few things to watch out for though: check the fine print on "unlimited" plans - some throttle after a certain threshold. And hotspot/tethering policies vary, if you were planning to share one eSIM between devices. Also worth noting with travel eSIMs you're managing a separate eSIM alongside your regular one, different number, data only usually, and if something goes wonky you're dealing with customer support from a company you've never used before while standing on a London street corner lol Different approach worth considering - if you already have a US carrier that includes international roaming you might be able to just... use your phone normally. I'm at [US Mobile](https://www.usmobile.com/) and our [international roaming](https://www.usmobile.com/international-roaming-phone-plans) is native to your existing line. UK is covered. No second eSIM to juggle, same number for iMessage and WhatsApp, just works when you land. Unlimited Premium includes 20GB intl data which sounds like exactly what you need. And since you mentioned you're coming from US/Canada, we work in both. The peace of mind of not managing two eSIMs and keeping your same number might be worth it vs saving a few bucks on a travel eSIM. r/usmobile if you wanna see how peoples UK roaming has gone Have a good trip - London's great, CityMapper will be your best friend on the Tube

  • squirrelcop3305 🇬🇧🌐

    10 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Sicily - Family of 4

    Have had great service using Ubigi or Sparks. I typically go for whoever offers the best deal. Check MobiMatter for the best prices on Sparks. You can hotspot from both plans

    Hotspot
    r/eSIMs · Pocket Wifi or E-sim? - need advice

    We used Ubigi eSIM throughout all of Japan and it worked perfectly. Most eSIMs will allow hotspot connections so if you just got two eSIMs for you and your wife the kids could always hotspot off of your two phones, or get them their own eSIMs. Either way sounds like you may be going through some significant data consumption. Have fun and don’t forget to eat the egg salad sandwiches and onigiri from 7-11 / FamilyMart / Lawsons !

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for trip to France - Questions

    I can second Ubigi as well as Sparks which I bought through MobiMatter (eSIM broker). Both worked well. Your phone can definitely handle more than one eSIM, just make sure your phone is not “carrier locked”. If it’s carrier locked it will not take any additional eSIMs until its lock restrictions have been removed. To checks this : settings>general>about - scroll down to Carrier Lock and if it says ‘No SIM restrictions’ you are good to go.

    r/eSIMs · Help with Ubigi

    Did you purchase a data plan? Unlike other eSIM companies that issue you a new eSIM with every plan purchased, with Ubigi you keep the same eSIM forever and just purchase new data plans as you need them.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - iMessage Help

    You definitely didn’t search Reddit… I’ve posted links with answers to these iMessage questions a half dozen times already. I used Ubigi all throughout Japan and it worked great with my iPhone and iMessage works perfectly on it.

    Japon
  • katmndoo 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best E-sim for Europe

    I’ve had good luck with Ubigi and Lycamobile. Have to go online and cancel the autorecharge with Lyca though.

  • Lung_doc 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/travel · Back from Japan – Pocket WiFi vs SIM vs eSIM (What Actually Worked)

    Combined physical sim plus esim, not dual esim though (for most). I just have an esim with my carrier (t mobile) and then when I add ubigi esim for faster international data I have to switch. Galaxy s24, but apparently most newer Samsung phones too. I should get a physical sim and try that

    Activation
    r/travel · eSIM for a multi-country Europe trip - Overwhelmed by choices. Airalo, Holafly, or something else?

    I've used a few different ones in Europe and Asia, and been happy with them. My only piece of advice: if you have a carrier that lets you roam but with crappy coverage (i.e. t mobile) and want both it and the esim active simultaneously, make sure you have a physical sim for your carrier. I didn't, as I switched from Verizon to T mobile some years ago and just activated over the phone and using an esim. What I didn't know was that I CAN have one physical and one esim active at the same time, but not two esims. That's not a problem for some of the newest phones which is how I learned this - my husband kept his T-Mobile connection live, mainly for texts, and had a ubigi esim for Japan which was great for data.

    Japon
  • victorlfcarvalho 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best Global eSIM?

    I am testing Ubigi. I bought Europe coverage, for Portugal, Hungary and Austria. I really liked it. Everything good so far.

    Europe
  • mrowsasscat 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Japanese eSIM (Ubigi) not compatible with my iPhone

    FYI To anyone finding this years later like me, I got it to work by downloading their Ubigi app and trying to install it through that. It gave me the non-compatible error twice when trying to scan the code from my email but it worked through the app.

    Activation
  • MinisterforFun 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • DarienDay04 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • smnhdy 🇬🇧

    9 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for 5 weeks in France

    I’ll always recommend Ubigi. For 25GB for 30 days it’s 19€. If you want 50GB it’s 29€. Plenty of 20% discount codes online (I can offer you one too), which drops that further. Always worked well for me when ever I travel.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for trip to France - Questions

    My primary phone and iPad are on orange, and it’s a good network. My wife on another network which is fine. I have a laptop which uses an ubigi eSIM (I paid 24€ one off and that gives me 2GB of data a month for a year which is a great deal!) and that’s again just fine. Most networks here are much for much.

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Best esim for a eurotrip

    For me I’d use Ubigi. 25GB for 30 days comes to €34. You can go for 10GB for only €16. There also a tonne of 20% discount codes if you search twitter etc.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Going on exchange to the USA – What eSIM would you recommend for 4 months?

    I’m always going to say Ubigi. For me it’s been great wherever I go. Lots of discount codes for 1st time subscribers. 10GB a month is 14€ and 25GB a month is 32€. Alternatively they do a 1 off payment of 59€ which gives you 5GB a month for 12 months… so works out to 4,90€ a month if you don’t need much data. The other reason I use Ubigi is that I put my referral code on twitter, and every few weeks someone finds and uses it, and I get 50% discount codes to use on everything.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Unlimited Esim for 22 days in europe?

    I’m a big fan of Ubigi. They don’t do a 30 day unlimited for Europe though. And honestly you won’t find a true unlimited anyway. 30days 50GB is €59 (you can get a 20% discount code easily on that too).

    Europe
  • Advanced-Edge2546 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM option for a week in Japan?

    Coverage and speed will depend on the local operator network. And in most cases, Ohayu eSIM, Airalo, Holafly, and other providers will connect you to the same networks (NTT Docomo Japan or SoftBank Japan). So my advice would be to check the prices and choose what fits you best. I quickly compared the price per 3GB here, and Ohayu, Ubigi, Saily, and Esimplus have the best price here. https://preview.redd.it/5gaf9cd8lqjf1.png?width=1008&format=png&auto=webp&s=3888a4d8895306d9c2e051b8a5fb476fba6b12a2

    JaponPas cher
  • red_socks294 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim for Japan from Canada?

    Personally I’ve used Ubigi and that worked well, I’ve also used 3HK APAC eSIM which routes through Hong Kong (~150ms ping) and TikTok’s blocked. You can mostly use line there. I’ve also heard good things about mobal however I haven’t tried it before

  • AnonymousGun22 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • whizzwr 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - turn off?

    Be that as it may, see the title of the OP. Bad advice to delete Ubigi eSIM when you plan to use it again in the future. I dont see it as a problem at all, Ubigi eSIM is not 'temporary'. Its eSIM is based on Transatel which offer special International IMSI (MCC 901). The advantage is that it allows it to work throughout all operators they have agreement with without changing eSIM or doing IMSI switch  This results in much faster connect to the operator. With other providers, you may have have to wait 5-10 min till you get data,  that's because your IMSI being reprogrammed  OTA.  It can be slow since it tries multiple IMSI till it get the right one. https://www.transatel.com/faq_advanced/what-is-transatel-iot-sim-card-mnc/ In fact since eSIM can be disabled and it doesn't cost anything to store it, I don't see any reason to obsessively delete them right after use. >installing/uninstalling wood be a hassle or if it’s still funded (like Roamless) then leave it on. It would be hassle indeed, and leaving it on would drain your battery since you are running dual standby—so just disabling them is better.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - turn off?

    This is not good advice for Ubigi. Ubigi has one single eSIM for ALL plans and countries. They also only allow maximum 2 or 3 install before you have to contact customer service. For provider with one eSIM per plan, sure just delete thosexyiu anyway need a new one for next subscription.

    Activation
  • ApocaIypticUtopia 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for travel in india?

    Most esims work ok, I've tried Ubigi and KeepGo. If you want to enjoy really high speed internet, get a traveler local SIM (or eSIM) from the airport. It's easy, cheap, and really good speed. I recommend Jio if you will be in cities and Airtel if you are in rural areas. Provide your passport and you get eSIM to install within 10 minutes.

    Asie
  • bkmkc 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • GavinnM 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Is Jetpac eSIM very unrelable in Kyoto and Osaka, Japan?

    Unfortunately, JetPac has only one operator included in your package. Otherwise, I would have suggested that you try to specify a different network manually. Otherwise, I can confirm that Ubigi and Airalo have already been used by family and friends of mine and the experience has been very good.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi slow customer support

    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I have used Ubigi 2 times in the past (Japan and Italy) and had to contact them once. I must say that it went relatively well but the delay to get the answer could have been better. I've also seen several comments in line with your publication. Since then, I've been working more with Roamless or Mobimatter, who have excellent customer service.

    EuropeJaponRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Asia Travel: Nomad vs Airalo vs Ubigi

    I’ve used Airalo and Ubigi in Japan, and both worked well. It’s important to note that experiences can vary depending on when you purchase the eSIM, as mobile network providers can change, which may affect coverage and performance.

    Japon
  • rdcezar 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Deleting eSIM or not?

    Ubigi reuses the same eSIM every time, so you don’t need to delete it. You just load whatever data plan you want onto it. I like it since it’s convenient to not have to install a eSIM every time I travel.

    Activation
  • IFapForFame 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSim for japan

    Just Download the app „ubigi“ and choose the tariff you like. Did this while i was in Japan last year and I am doing that on my current trip in SEA. Prices are fair and it is really simple.

    ActivationAsieJaponRapport qualité-prix
  • Sea-Stretch-8169 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • zhuki 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • mstarrysky 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · 30 days Japan Sim Card

    Thanks for all the replies, I was also able to find Ubigi, they have very affordable sims aswell. 30 days, 25Gigs for Y4800.

    Pas cher
  • Fearless_Sandwich103 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

  • kafkaonashore 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • phatmikey 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Cant send/receive sms with UBIGI but can send imessage

    I’m not sure exactly what you mean by your UBIGI plan is on the same number as your original. If you want to receive an SMS sent to your original SIM, you’ll have to turn on your original SIM. If you’ve got Wi-Fi calling set up on your original carrier, it should work over Wi-Fi or through your UBIGI cellular data connection. Most carriers allow you to receive SMS messages abroad for free, so if you diverted incoming calls and turn off data roaming on your original carrier, it probably won’t charge you any roaming fees.

  • ditchwitch27 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AJSLeg3nd 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Ubigiofficial 🇬🇧

    6 commentaires analysés

    r/JapanTravelTips · I need Esim advice. I was BADLY burnt by Ubigi.

    Thanks for sharing your experience! A temporary loss of connectivity in one specific spot can happen when the phone switches between local network cells or when a particular area is experiencing congestion. Typhoon Dujuan is currently affecting Japan, including the Tokyo and eastern regions. Your internet connection may therefore be temporarily disrupted or experience congestion. Our teams are monitoring the situation closely and will keep you updated as network conditions improve and services return to normal. Thank you for your understanding. 🙏 Ubigi's social media team

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Avoid Ubigi eSIM if you have a tight deadline (App glitched, zero support, no QR code)

    Hi, thanks for your patience. To clarify, we do have a chatbot on our website that replies instantly, and if the automated answer doesn't resolve your issue, it hands off to a real support agent. We're sorry it wasn't visible or working as expected on your end. Could you let us know what device/browser you're using, and DM us your account email or order number? Thank you, The Ubigi team

    Remboursement
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi not working

    Hello, Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the frustration during your trip. After checking, your current plan is the Asia 30-day plan, which does not include the United Arab Emirates. The UAE is covered under our Middle East / MENA regional plans, not Asia. This is standard across the industry, as MENA is treated as a distinct telecom region from Asia. This is why your eSIM shows as active and roaming-enabled, but no data session is completing: the local network sees your device but can't validate a data plan that doesn't cover this country. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Best regards, The Ubigi team

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi in Europe

    Hello, Thanks for the update, and sorry the issue wasn't resolved in time, especially after 8+ hours with no response and having to buy a second eSIM out of necessity. A full refund is a fair request. Please DM us your account details so we can help you. Thanks, The Ubigi team

    Remboursement
    r/eSIMs · Avoid Ubigi eSIM if you have a tight deadline (App glitched, zero support, no QR code)

    Hi, We can confirm there was a global outage at the time you were trying to install your eSIM, which explains why the app glitched. For support, we do have 24/7 assistance via our chatbot and web form, if this is still unresolved or you'd like to discuss next steps (including your refund/chargeback request), please reach out through either. We're sorry for the trip stress this caused, and for not getting back to you in time to help. Thank you, The Ubigi team

    ActivationRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Did I purchase wrong?

    Hi! Each Ubigi eSIM is linked to one account and one device (1 eSIM = 1 account = 1 device). To install the second eSIM on your partner's phone, they'll need to create their own Ubigi account using a different email address, and the second eSIM plan will need to be associated with that account. Hope that helps! The Ubigi team

    Activation
  • uuusagi 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Sabin057 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · eSIM vs portable wifi

    My wife used the Ubigi unlimited data for like $30 recently. Worked well. Might need to buy a minutes/texting plan from your carrier thought, but should be cheap or may even already be part off your plan.

    Illimité
  • Nervous_Initial_3644 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · First trip to Japan – Tokyo, Mt. Fuji area and Osaka

    Fuji is seen when it wants to be seen. Ubigi and Airalo are probably the two most mentioned esims here. Type eSIMs in the search and you’ll see the top comments on those threads are always those two, so not sure why you think others get recommended more often. There’s no tangible difference. Stuff happens sometimes but that’s kinda luck based than carrier based.

  • mikescha 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Looking for feedback on esims for the UK for Google Pixel

    From their web site, I think this would cause the same problems with my Pixel's modem as Ubigi: "With Home-Routed Roaming (HRR), your phone connects to the local network in the country you’re visiting, but instead of letting your data “break out” locally to the internet, all of it is tunneled back to the data providers carrier first." They don't say who their local partner is. While this is cheap, I probably won't try this first as I am trying to avoid providers that would have high latency. Thanks though for the tip, I'll definitely keep it in mind.

  • mrb4 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravel · eSIM

    Used ubigi 4 or 5 times, always worked well and it’s cheap

    Pas cher
  • TokyoJimu 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM name

    https://preview.redd.it/jv9pbwj8nfoh1.jpeg?width=1179&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a46e6da5473e166aa852b459ad3f9148b1f5e8d7 Will show up as Transatel even though I set the name to “Ubigi”.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · US eSIMs offering US exit points

    I regularly use Ubigi in the US as an overflow provider, and whenever I try to access sites like Home Depot or CVS, I am blocked, presumably because the traffic appears to be coming from outside the USA.

    États-Unis
  • RealText 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Which Travel eSIMS allow Installation with a QR code or Manual Installation?

    It must have taken me a month for Roamless to work because the esim could never connect to a network. Reason could have been that the time frame coincided with them dropping T-Mobile. Anyway, Roamless does have troubleshooting with a live person via chat. They helped me twice even though I was just using their free trial. We went through every troubleshooting step both times with no success. Roamless was even willing to issue me a new esim to see if that would help. Only after I gave up hope did the esim started working a week or so afterwards. Other than Roamless, I have used both Ubigi (which has a free trial) and Jetogo (no free trial) with a 9esim adapter.

  • wanderlustzepa 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM IO

    Yeah, most providers are stingy with that, just file a dispute and hope for the best. I just did that with Ubigi which had the worst eSIM I’ve ever used.

    Remboursement
  • onemorequickchange 🇬🇧🌐

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Rant - eSIMs are not there yet

    I traveled through 8 countries this summer, used my US number everywhere and got a ubigi e-sim (no need to visit a store to activate) for data. Where are you traveling?

    Activation
  • Ok_Constant2080 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • JellyfishBig1750 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Feisty_Gate_6887 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Asia

    Ubigi worked well for me across Asia. One eSIM is definitely worth the convenience.

    AsieRapport qualité-prix
  • kuroko86 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Steeltraps 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM no QR code

    I think Ubigi might be down at the moment. I just get an "Unknown Error" screen when I try to login via the app. I hope they fix it soon.

    Activation
  • Wesei8846 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Asia

    Ubigi does not have local routing but does have a Japanese IP, my ping was always over 100ms in Japan

    Japon
  • bananadennis 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Designer_Neck_4682 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Ill_Significance6157 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • himebear 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Rideblue123 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • fivestarsforme 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Karikare 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AccomplishedAnt1701 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • hellzscream 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • PowerfulKey877 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • gtck11 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • BeardedSnowLizard 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · First time in Japan, completely lost on which eSIM to pick?

    Ubigi is owned by NTT Docomo's parent so I figured it was pretty safe bet. I also like that it still has access to its portal even when out of data so you can refill it. My wife used Saily and it worked fine too. If you are going with someone I find it nice to diversify so if one has problems the other person's is still working. Ubigi uses NTT Docomo plus KDDI.

  • traj250 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • dumplingwrestler 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AetheriumHammers007 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • dashader 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • zennok 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · First time in Japan, completely lost on which eSIM to pick?

    Just pick one, they're all fine (mostly) unless you go somewhere rural, then it might get spotty (even then, mostly in transit) Used ubigi when I was there, worked 99% of the time, only time it was spotty was ^ JJesim would have worked better with the data plans provided, but it came out practically the week I left so that was annoying lol

  • ruppert777x 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Asleep-Assistant-269 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · First time in Japan, completely lost on which eSIM to pick?

    I got a ubigi, but ended up not using it. My standard service from the US (Xfinity, which uses the Verizon network in the US) worked totally fine. I tried out the eSIM for a few hours but if wasn't any better so I ended up not using it (international is included in my device so it was free). No issues.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • haakonhawk 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · First time in Japan, completely lost on which eSIM to pick?

    **Just pick one.** Airalo, Saily, Ubigi, Holafly, whatever. It doesn't matter. They're the *same thing*. People seem to think these apps are mobile providers in their own right. *They're not*, they're **resellers**. So whichever you pick, the actual network you're going to connect to and the actual coverage you get is going to be the same. Their prices and plans may differ *a little*, but not enough to spend time researching every single one and being "completely lost" afterwards. If what you care about is staying connected, then it does NOT matter which *global* app you choose to buy your eSIM from. It's like asking whether you should buy your new PS5 from eBay or Amazon. It doesn't matter. Because it's the same product.

  • Acceptable_Drama8354 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Holiday_Jump_4746 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Kurt_Kane 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Booking Bullet Trains, Cards and anything else before we arrive?

    Since you are just doing two carry on's, I would just buy the tickets when you are ready to go. You can check the train schedules. Also for the SUICA, my son and I didn't see the SUICA machines initially and ended up finding the ones with PASMO. PASMO worked for the whole trip without issue. As for sim cards, no, you don't need Klook. Just use Ubigi and install the app. You can search reddit for ubigi codes and you'll get a discount too which will also give a discount to whomever's code you use. The app will let you install the e-sim in advance so when you get in country all you have to do is flip it on and it will automatically activate it. Which on iphone was super easy. Not sure how it is on android but it shouldn't be hard. Also on the phone, I setup wifi calling (again, I'm on an apple), so even though I had no international roaming on my phone... I was able to use the esim to receive texts as normal from my regular number. I assume calls would work too, but I had no reason to try that. Something worked for me to ease the nerves, that might make things easier, is have a plan for the day you land. I personally wasn't going to hunt down a random atm machine to get cash. Instead I just used the manned exchange at the airport. The rates were reasonable. That put some yen in my wallet, which then I used to buy the Pasmo at the pasmo machine that also sold some tickets. Once you have a pasmo (or regular suica, not the welcome suica), you can work your way wherever you are going. If that includes staying in Tokyo for some time before Kyoto, then cool you are good for a lot of travel if you throw around 5000 yen on there. Or put more on it and use it to also pay for food and stuff around the city. Quite a lot of places took IC payment (that's the term they use for transit cards). Shinkansen, with your luggage, I would just buy the tickets in person. There's a machine you can use but just be careful to buy the right ticket. You'll need the local fair and the shinkansen ... and it may actually issue two physical tickets. BOTH stay stacked and go into the ticket machine at the gate and when exiting. Personally, I thought the machine was fairly complex at first, but then I realized it was easier to just use a credit card or insert yen bills. I rode the shinkansen multiple times on my trip, easiest thing was just going in the office that serves the train and buying in person. No way to really mess that up. You do end up buying a specific time/train, so if you think there's any chance at missing it... better to just wait and buy when it's closer to time to go. Good Luck.

    ActivationJaponPas cher
  • TSWOK 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • kippykipsquare 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • sdlroy 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ImTheSmallestPeach 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AdvicePossible6997 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Canadians who traveled to Japan, did any of you use your phone provider's eSIM, or did you use an eSIM app?

    In my first trip to Japan I used a data only eSIM with Ubigi which worked perfectly. However, on subsequent trips I just paid my carriers flat rate international roaming plan. I'm able to buy anywhere between 7-day and 30-day plans. I believe my plan for Japan cost me about $70 for the 30 days and it let me use my phone in Japan as if I was back home.  It's about twice the price as data only but I'm willing to pay for the convenience.

    Japon
  • Chewybolz 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • the-goldfish 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • kiwigal97 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · ESIM Japan

    we used ubigi in Japan and found it was great! we were in the main touristy areas (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, etc) and always had service. it’s also pretty affordable, you can use a referral code to get 20% off your first plan and then from there if you refer friends you get 50% off coupons for your next top ups so works out pretty cheap! my code is 3CKVSEAU if you decide to go with ubigi and wanted 20% off!

    JaponPas cher
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Los Angeles / Southern California?

    i go to the USA every 12 months or so to visit friends and I’ve always used ubigi, never had any issues and pretty good value! if you sign up with a referral code you get 20% off and then from there if you refer friends you get 50% off coupons for your next trip so works out so good! here’s my code if you did want to go with ubigi and want 20% off! 3CKVSEAU

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prixÉtats-Unis
  • Emotional-Bus-7065 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Unlimited isn't unlimted, it has an upper limit and you'll get cut off.

    I do find it very misleading how these companies advertise unlimited data plans. Even if Ubigi didn't themselves put in any limits, and the main carrier providing the service didn't, the local tower still throttle or kick you if you use more than a certain amount in 1 day. The only way to bypass this is to give a local unlimited sim card which is expensive depending on the country. Or the carrier providing this service opts in for pay per GB instead of a bulk agreement, which is also expensive. For example, on AT&T it's 500GB a day and it gets throttled until you stop using for about 15-30Minutes and then it's fast speeds again.

    Illimité
  • Travel-Spark 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Unlimited isn't unlimted, it has an upper limit and you'll get cut off.

    I'm glad for your explanation and knowledge on network capacity, I didnt know what response I would get by joining reddit to post my experience but im glad others thing 130gb isnt unusually high. My card provider did offer to support me if I wanted to do a charge back but we made it home by using my home network provider for roaming for the last few days. I only wanted them to reinstate the plan to get us home, being stranded in foreign countries and not having data to even navigate with Google maps was a tad worrying

    Remboursement
  • cowmowtv 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Unlimited isn't unlimted, it has an upper limit and you'll get cut off.

    That’s in their terms, but nevertheless, could be seen as false advertising depending on where they offer and advertise their services, as an example in Germany, recently an carrier has been restricted from having pretty much the same clause of «abnomally high usage patterns». 130GB aren’t generally considered abnomally high yet, even if they were, it’s not down to Ubigi and not even defined, furthermore, speaking from a cellular network engineering perspective, 2 Mbps data usage does typically not cause excessive network congestion as even a single low-band carrier offers 50 Mbps+ capacity per sector, let alone high-capacity bands like n78, which allow for multi gigabit throughputs per beam (of which there are multiple per sector). Simply put, it’s a pretty good reason to initiate a chargeback, especially with just 130GB of usage distributed over this timespan.

    IllimitéRemboursement
  • godistiago 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Prestigious_Till4424 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best ESim for long Japan trip (4 Months)

    Four months changes the answer completely. Almost every tourist eSIM (Airalo, Ubigi, Sakura) caps at 30 or 90 days, so you'd be stacking three of them and paying tourist rates the entire time. Since you're studying abroad you'll have a residence card, and that unlocks actual Japanese plans. Wait for it, then look at ahamo (docomo) or an MVNO like IIJmio or mineo on docomo lines. Two reasons for docomo specifically: rural coverage is noticeably better than Rakuten or SoftBank once you're actually in the mountains, and ahamo includes roaming in a long list of countries at no extra charge, which covers your Korea trip. Check the current country list before you count on it though, it changes. One catch nobody mentions: you generally need a Japanese payment method to sign up, and getting a card takes a few weeks after you land. So buy a cheap 7-10 day eSIM online before you fly, use that for arrival week, and set up the real plan once your card and bank account exist. China is its own problem. A roaming SIM from Japan routes traffic back home, so you usually get past the firewall without a VPN. That's the one situation where being on a foreign plan is an advantage.

    Japon
  • Icy-Isopod3470 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Ashamed-General7328 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/digitalnomad · eSim recommendations for Europe?

    Airalo dropping out mid-trip usually means their local network partner switched, happened to me in Portugal specifically since that region flips carriers on their app more than others. Ubigi's held up better for me across Germany, Netherlands, and France, it just grabs whatever the strongest local network is instead of routing through one fixed partner. Worth trying to reinstall the esim profile first though, sometimes that alone fixes it before you need to switch providers.

    Europe
  • tissue4yuo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - Huge Scam

    Now it’s 5gb a day then they throttle for the rest of the day to 2mbps. Join me and thousands of travelers who trust Ubigi to stay connected all over the world. Use my referral code Q3PT55N1 to get 20% off your first purchase. 1. Download the Ubigi app 2. Install the eSIM 3. Enjoy instant and affordable mobile data in 190+ destinations. No roaming charges or changing SIM cards.

    Illimité
  • siDDaker 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • sc00ter1808 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Japan?

    Question, is there anyone that has tried multiple different eSims and gave an opinion on which one you preferred over the others? I used Ubigi last year and worked ok. Lots of signal drops and my phone got super hot. Wanted to know if any others are worth getting? TIA

  • SeeBuyFly3 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Airalo eurolink vs Ubigi Europe

    Ubigi worked fine for us in France.. Their single country SIMs are significantly cheaper than regional (e.g. Europe) SIMs. You can use their app to get a US IP address, and to top up your eSIM if you run out of data. Reportedly topup works even if you have no data at all. They also email you if your data balance is low or the eSIM is about to expire. Airalo is a ripoff. When I used Mobimatter, some web pages displayed in Polish because it gave me a Polish IP.

    ActivationEuropePas cher
  • Chilabo 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Why So Many Different Recommendations?

    Thanks. I think I used the wrong term. By "local," I simply meant an eSim that serves just one country, in our case, France. We will purchase and install the eSim while at home, before we travel, per the great recommendations on this sub. But yeah, my question remains: what more do you actually get by purchasing Airalo or Saily rather than Nadanada or Ubigi or another less expensive alternative?

    EuropePas cher
  • kagicalpeeht 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Install it at home on wifi but don't turn the line on - the QR download and the activation are two seperate things, and pretty much every provider starts your days when the eSIM first connects to a Japanese network, not when you install it. So download it now, leave the line toggled off, then flip it on after you land at Haneda and it'll pick up docomo or softbank in a minute or two. Re: Holafly, the unlimited thing is real but it's soft capped, mine got noticeably slower after a few gb a day and that was fine for maps and scrolling but don't expect to tether a laptop off it. Ubigi and Airalo are cheaper if you'd rather just buy 10-20gb, and honestly for maps + google + tiktok you'll use way less than you think since wifi is everywhere. One thing to check before you leave: keep your tmobile line active for iMessage/calls but turn its data roaming OFF, otherwise your phone will happily use it and you'll get a bill.

    JaponPas cher
  • Deep_Age_304 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • reading_a_book00 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Cavegirl80 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    I used jjesim on last years trip. We went to the are end of nowhere and still got signal, which surprised me. I paid for 10gb for the 2 weeks we were there and barely used it. I Ised WiFi in hotels mainly. In my group one tried to use ubigi but failed, not sure if it was a skill issue or esim issue, but he was able to get jjesim working fine with a bit of help. The other 2 in the group used saily, they had no problems as far as I know. As they had used them before elsewhere.  My advice would be, if you are travelling the world regularly use one of the popular apps, but if only travelling to Japan pick a local esim.

    Activation
  • PoachedAs 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • youmightknownothing 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • losromans 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • SyrahCera 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    I’ve used Ubigi twice in Japan and once in Italy. Always works fine, although I’ve always had to completely power off my phone and turn it back on to get it going. Not sure why. iPhone 15 Pro. But easy enough.

    ActivationEuropeJapon
  • plzadyse 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • FederalObjective3596 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • Dtrain12Dtrain 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • GreenMaterial5715 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Sadglasses 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AccidentallyUnique 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • xdamm777 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • babanix 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Square-Nebula-7530 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · What’s the best eSIM for the UK?

    Airalo, esimglobe, and Ubigi all cover the UK well. The main difference I noticed is that esimglobe has a multi-network option that switches carriers automatically, which helps outside London.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi not working

    the 5g symbol at the top of your screen is a massive trap. it just means your phone has successfully connected to the physical local tower in dubai, but because ubigi's core routing servers are offline, the local tower cannot validate your data plan. you basically have a full signal connection to a crap network

    Asie
  • _kettenfett 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    most solutions seem to work pretty fine. like a lot of other people here i used ubigi twice without problems but have also used a random esim i got from klook (was a gift for something i bought) and on my first trip, 3 years ago, i bought a physical sim from amazon beforehand which was a chinese provider i think - also no issues regarding activation: you just need wifi to activate so you could wait until after you've landed but when i was in your position, i activated the sim at home. i wasn't keen on gambling on whether i get it to work. with ubigi u would connect to haneda public wifi, open the app, pick the esim you want and let it install the profile on your phone. then switch to the new sim in your phone settings. wait for connection. done.

    ActivationJapon
  • Commercial_Cook100 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Europe eSIM?

    For that many countries over 30 days you want a regional Europe plan, not individual country ones. Saily is decent for that route tbh. Ubigi works but their pricing gets weird on longer plans imo. One thing tho... do you care about privacy/KYC? Most of these want an account + email. I ended up using Cypher eSIM last trip because i didn't want to deal with registration, just paid with crypto and got the QR code. But if thats not a concern Saily should work fine for you two.

    Europe
  • Eastern-Signal-1198 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Japan?

    July 5-13th Japan trip covering Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto. No issues with Ubigi - got their 15-day unlo data esim. Love it! My friends got Holafly and they got couple of issues with their data.

    IllimitéJapon
  • Blurry-Fishsticks 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • North_Moose1627 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Athens to Barcelona Trip

    I have an annual Ubigi plan for Europe (extended) and so far it has worked with no problem in Cyprus, Greece and UK

    Europe
  • Pure_Development_243 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Experience with eSIM Now?

    Only a few reviews would make me nervous. For Japan, I’d probably stick with a more established eSIM provider instead of chasing a slightly bigger discount. More established providers like Ubigi or Airalo tend to be more reliable.

    Japon
  • Artistic-Shower-4812 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi in Europe

    Check APN settings. Ubigi in Germany usually roams on Telekom or vodafone. Auto select fails sometimes.

    Europe
  • AwayLetterhead7708 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · What is the Best eSIM to use? Seeing conflicting issues about some of the best like Ubigi and Airalo

    honestly ubigi and airalo are both fine but they can be pricey. i used cardtonic for my japan trip two months ago and it worked great in tokyo, kyoto, and osaka. paid in naira which was a nice bonus cause i didnt have to worry about exchange rates. setup took like 2 mins before i left and it connected right when i landed. worth checking out if you want something reliable without the premium price tag.

  • infolink324 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Why So Many Different Recommendations?

    Ah, I see what you're asking! Regarding single-country eSIMs: there really isn't much difference aside from the lower price. With a single-country plan, you are more likely to have your traffic routed locally, though it's still not guaranteed. One consideration is if you have a layover in another country and want service there, having a region eSIM is nice. As for your second question, the main advantages are typically convenience and customer support. Having used both Airalo and Ubigi in the past, I've found Airalo's setup process and support to be noticeably better. If you're tech-savvy and comfortable troubleshooting on your own, Ubigi is perfectly fine. But for my non-techy friends, I always recommend Airalo because the overall experience is just much more seamless.

    Activation
  • PinkDewCole 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · What is the Best eSIM to use? Seeing conflicting issues about some of the best like Ubigi and Airalo

    Forget Airalo and Ubigi, both failed in Japan recently due to tourist overcrowding. Everyone uses them and the networks simply drop in big Tokyo stations. To solve this annoying connection issue, a friend from Osaka told me to test Maaltalk when I visited last month. Man, the difference is huge. Through them, I had maximum speed non-stop and stable coverage without any complicated setup

    Japon
  • SieghartX2 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · What is the Best eSIM to use? Seeing conflicting issues about some of the best like Ubigi and Airalo

    I used airalo 3 years ago and tried ubigi this year. Both feel about the same to me in terms of coverage and speed wise. Installation wise ubigi felt easier but it might also be recent change in technology (since it was 3 years ago when i used airalo) Overall, either is fine, just go with whichever has the data package that better suits your needs.

    Activation
  • SofaAssassin 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • lostinthesauce2004 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • kaorimomi 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • rgina_phalange 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Time-Dance7003 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AlienGenetics_ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What eSIM for Japan trip?

    Voye is 1/3 the price of holafly, ubigi and all the other ‘influencer’ touted esims that are overpriced

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Fabulous_Half_256 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Recommended esims for Japan, Korea, and Vietnam?

    Juggling multiple eSIMs isn't a bad idea, it does mean manually activating a new profile and switching your phone's data lines every time you cross a border. If you want the convenience of a single setup, a regional Asia eSIM or Gloabal eSIM is the simplest option Providers like Airalo and Nomad offer multi country Asia packs that cover Japan, Korea and Vietnam under one digital esim, which is great for tracking fixed data plans. If you prefer unlimited data, Maya Mobile offers global plans with one esim that include hotspotting, while Ubigi is known for its local network partnerships.

  • RageGochester 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Need help on switch physical/Esim

    You definitely do not need a phone number. Most travel eSIMs like Ubigi or Airalo are data only anyway. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection to download the app on your new iPhone and log into your existing account. From there you can just install a new eSIM profile for your trip. Your phone will work perfectly fine running strictly on data for things like WhatsApp and maps without a traditional number attached.

    Activation
  • Fabulous_Coconut_109 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · UBIGI

    I used Ubigi in Japan with no issues. Fast 5g coverage everywhere I went

    Japon
  • account4forums 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Need help on switch physical/Esim

    To answer your question: **No, you do not absolutely need a phone number.** * **Data-only eSIMs:** (Like your current Ubigi one) These just give you internet. You don't get a phone number, but you can still use WhatsApp, iMessage, and FaceTime over data. * **Voice & Data eSIMs:** These come with a phone number, but you usually don't need them unless you plan on making phone calls (like calling a restaurant to reserve a table).

    r/eSIMs · Esim for poland+germany

    An eSIM provider's performance depends entirely on the current local network partnerships in the country you are visiting. Because these **partnerships can change,** someone else's past experience might not match yours today. I have personally used these few providers on for the past years (few months ago in Spain and Germany) and they performed well without any issues. However, I still suggest installing them to test with the free trial data before buying. Do not hurry yourself to commit, you can easily purchase more data later as long as you have an internet connection. I **always have 2 different eSIM** on my phone in case one decides to misbehave on a given day. 1. **Eskimo eSIM** You can get 500MB of free data. They also offer a one-time 50% discount on your first data purchase if their network works for you. Note: To respect the forum rules against posting referral links, I haven't shared my code here. Feel free to shoot me a private message and I'll gladly share it with you! 2. **Nomad & Ubigi** Check their websites. They do give out free trial data promotions for new users once in a while. Hope tnfo is helpful.

    r/eSIMs · Recommended esims for Japan, Korea, and Vietnam?

    An eSIM provider's performance depends entirely on the current local network partnerships in the country you are visiting. Because these **partnerships can change,** someone else's past experience might not match yours today. I have personally used these few providers on for the past years (mostly in Asia and EU) and they performed well without any issues. However, I still suggest installing them to test with the free trial data before buying. Do not hurry yourself to commit, you can easily purchase more data later as long as you have an internet connection. And I **always have 2 different eSIM** on my phone in case one decides to misbehave on a given day. 1. **Eskimo eSIM** You can get 500MB of free data. They also offer a one-time 50% discount on your first data purchase if their network works for you. Note: To respect the forum rules against posting referral links, I haven't shared my code here. Feel free to shoot me a private message and I'll gladly share it with you! 2. **Nomad & Ubigi** Check their websites. They do give out free trial data promotions for new users once in a while. Hope tnfo is helpful. Happy Holidays.

    r/eSIMs · Seoul + Busan trip, what works best for staying connected?

    An eSIM provider's performance depends entirely on the current local network partnerships in the country you are visiting. Because these **partnerships can change,** someone else's past experience might not match yours today. I have personally used these few providers on for the past years (mostly in Asia and EU) and they performed well without any issues. However, I still suggest installing them to test with the free trial data before buying. Do not hurry yourself to commit, you can easily purchase more data later as long as you have an internet connection. And I **always have 2 different eSIM** on my phone in case one decides to misbehave on a given day. 1. Eskimo eSIM You can get 500MB of free data. They also offer a one-time 50% discount on your first data purchase if their network works for you. Note: To respect the forum rules against posting referral links, I haven't shared my code here. Feel free to shoot me a private message and I'll gladly share it with you! 2. Nomad & Ubigi Check their websites. They do give out free trial data promotions for new users once in a while. Hope tnfo is helpful. Happy Holidays.

  • _Dolphins 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Need help on switch physical/Esim

    You absolutely do not need a phone number to use a travel eSIM on your new iPhone. Most travel eSIMs from companies like Ubigi or Airalo are data only anyway. All you need is a WiFi connection to download the app on your new phone and install the eSIM profile. Since you already use Ubigi on your Samsung you can just log into your existing account on the iPhone and set up a new plan for wherever you are traveling next. Your phone will work perfectly fine running strictly on data for apps like WhatsApp and maps without a standard phone number attached.

    Activation
  • GrassVerge 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Recommended esims for Japan, Korea, and Vietnam?

    We went all over Japan including islands and South Korea using Ubigi which worked great for us. We always could use Google maps, Google translate and South Korea’s version of Google maps for transport which enabled us to move around and eat wherever we were. Never tried Ubigi anywhere else though

    AsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for 2 weeks in Tokyo ?

    I used ubigi on two iPhones last year for a cruise around Japan including Tokyo and it worked everywhere plus was pretty cheap. If I returned I would do the same again.

    JaponPas cher
  • PlusJackfruit8 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Joycrane 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • kiwin88 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • jeffrymeacham 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travel eSIM for Japan

    Go with Ubigi. It runs on the Docomo network, which is the absolute best for rural coverage and mountain areas in Japan. Other popular options like Airalo use Softbank, which is incredibly fast in Tokyo but drops off significantly once you leave the major cities.

    Japon
  • Own-Professor-1960 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi in South Korea any experience ?

    I used Ubigi in U.S., and it worked very well for me and my family, using hotspot. It was reliable as well. Use this code: ANJ8KMBN for 20% off your data plan purchase. Posted on May 2, 2026

    HotspotÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Quick Review Morocco

    I used Ubigi in U.S., and it worked very well for me and my family, using hotspot. It was reliable as well. Use this code: ANJ8KMBN for 20% off your data plan purchase. Posted on May 2, 2026

    HotspotÉtats-Unis
  • StacySheller 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Headed to Europe for a month, need esim advice!

    honestly you’re already on the right track, both Ubigi and Orange are pretty reliable so I wouldn’t worry too much about them being scams, it’s more about what feels easier for you to use. Ubigi tends to be more convenient if you want quick top ups while you’re traveling, especially when you’re on your own, while Orange is more like a traditional carrier experience. for a month, 50GB should be more than enough unless you’re streaming a lot, so either one should work fine as long as your phone is unlocked and everything’s set up before you go

  • standovahim_ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Help finding and eSIM for Japan

    Ive been in your shoes and totally get it, japan esim options can feel a bit hit or miss when you are reading reviews. In reality, japan is pretty reliable for esim's, so it's a less about finding one perfect provider and more about choosing a plan that fits your usage. Ubigi is a commonly used and works well for many, though like any provider occasional issues can happen. I used a Maya esim in Japan (Tokyo and Osaka) and it was fuss free. I set it up before the trip, connected right after landing at Narita and used it throughout the day for google maps, navigating train routes and even translating menus without any issues. For a 14 day trip with an iphone 13, you should be fine with any decent option, just make sure you pick enough data for your needs.

    Japon
  • Stealth77 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · 5G Support On Google Pixel phones

    I'm travelling in the USA at the moment and have not been able to get 5G with an Airalo eSIM (stuck on LTE the whole time) on my Google Pixel 10 Pro XL (international variant). I had the same problem with Ubigi when I last travelled to the US (with an international Google Pixel 7 Pro). I'd really like to know which eSIMs will give me 5G network connectivity in the US for next time.

    États-Unis
  • wearchest 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · esims not working with adapters?

    I've successfully installed ESIMs on a 9esim card from: Ubigi [Esim.sm](http://Esim.sm) Bcengi If that is any help? https://preview.redd.it/3yttc43lj7sg1.png?width=1170&format=png&auto=webp&s=ad0343f63ea264ee8cdf1bbd97919b244d8420b7

    Activation
  • versecon1234 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • funpig2021 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Japan and Korea

    I have used Ubigi in both Japan and South Korea. It worked well and is slightly cheaper than Airalo. My next esim will be Roamless because it is pay as you go, which should work out cheaper for me because I don't use that much data while travelling and I value the ability to make in-app phone calls. A friend just came back from Japan and Korea and tested Roamless. He said it worked fine.

    AsieJaponPas cher
    r/eSIMs · Besides Saily eSIM, what other good eSIM options for Japan + Korea travel?

    Ubigi worked well for me in two separate trips to Japan and South Korea. In South Korea, my wife tested Airalo because she got a referral from a friend. In our metro ride from the airport to Seoul, my ubigi connected instantly. However, my wife's airalo took about 30 minutes of fiddling before she finally connected. She did not have any further problems for the rest of the trip.

    ActivationAsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for 2 weeks in Tokyo ?

    Ubigi worked for us and is slightly cheaper than Airalo. For both, look for a referral code. You should be able to find referral codes somewhere in Reddit. My next esim will be Roamless. I think that pay as you go will be much cheaper than paying for fixed data.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi in South Korea any experience ?

    I have never used Vodafone. However, like other esims, I downloaded and purchased ubigi using their app. It will only activate upon arrival in Korea. FYI, I plan to use a pay-as-you-go Roamless esim for my next trip. I deposit funds into a non-expiring flex credit balance which is only applied against the amount of data which I actually use. Since, I usually only use about 5-10 GB of data during a trip, I figure Roamless will work out much cheaper than Ubigi or other fixed data plans. In South Korea, Roamless charges $2.45/GB. Also, Roamless allows me to make in-app phone calls for about $0.04 per minute. I find being able to telephone hotels or restaurants to be very useful. Look up the Roamless website and see if it will work for you or your husband. I have referral codes for Roamless, ubigi, orange and airalo. Send me a direct message if you need a particular code. LOL.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi in South Korea any experience ?

    Yes. I used Ubigi in S. Korea, including Seoul, Gyeongju, Busan and Jeju Island. It worked right away and I had no issues. My wife had an esim from Airalo, which had some difficulties connecting during the first hour while we were taking a metro from the airport to Seoul. However, once she was able to get it started, it also worked fine.

    ActivationAsie
  • Windigo1000 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · France and Italy eSIM

    I just came back from a ski trip in the Alps Ubigi is a french esim provider with very good pricing and coverage in europe. It worked great for me.

    EuropePas cher
  • TrainingTutor7755 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Samsung A1x, eSIMs and Square for flexible, DIY point of sale in US/Virginia

    If you go with a17 which compatible with ubigi you can get one annual sim with 2gb for a while does comes with a us ip but can be configured with a different ip address based on country you choose on setting up your account. Roams on T-Mobile. Then you can go with roamless. Which has att and T-Mobile. infimobile or mobile x if you need Verizon.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · E sim for Russia

    Gomoworld and ubigi have data for Russia. I think roaming is 3 day limit worst then China. First 24 hours you will have no data. 

  • alittlelif 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Any Saily recent experience?

    Have used UBIGI for a long time and recently Saily - both worked seamlessly. The app interface is definitely more pleasant on Saily. Easy to use and straightforward, also provides extra nordvpn products. These days i tend to open the Saily app first over others. Have referral codes for both if you’d like!

    Activation
  • mdiliberto218 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for 2 weeks in Tokyo ?

    Ubigi worked great for my trips to Japan and Italy. Really easy and decently priced. I just topped off as needed as there are a lot of chances to connect to WiFi. I probably used 15 GB total for 2.5 weeks.

    EuropeJaponPas cher
  • treehu55er 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travelling to Japan for 15 days My wife has locked phone, I have unlocked phone. Best Strategy for WiFi??

    Similar but different: wifey and I in France for a bit. We decided to go to Switzerland for the day. I bought a simple ubigi eSIM and wife hotspotted to my phone quite easily all day. Just make sure whichever eSIM you buy allows hotspot and you should be fine. My battery seemed to draw a bit faster but just plan ahead with power cables/banks. Also, unlimited eSIM data does not necessary mean ‘unlimited’ from what I’ve read on this subreddit.

    EuropeHotspot
  • BestEggplant 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • antonylockhart 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for 2 weeks in Tokyo ?

    Ubigi was alright on my recent trip but I fell foul of their unlimited only really being 30gb before slowing you down massively. My streaming music habit destroyed that as I walked around.

    Illimité
  • Small_Lychee_941 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi 20% off

    I’ve only used Ubigi and thought it was great and easy to use. I’m open to trying EscapeSIM next time.

  • tyrwlive 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • GoNet_eSIM 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · best esim europe

    ubigi or saily are great for switching between those three countries. if you need to make local calls, orange holiday is your best bet. don't forget to turn on data roaming for the esim only to stay connected.

  • Fancy_Masterpiece748 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi in South Korea any experience ?

    Maybe it's just based off of my experience but I feel like I got more speed throttles or less connectivity with Ubigi compared to LG/KT/SK. I know both got their FUPs and limited speeds afterwards 3mbps speed (ubigi) and 5mbps (lg) but it did feel like i had less hiccups with the lg one compared to ubigi. (I mean kind of makes sense since lg is a local telco vs a foreign telecommunications company) Maybe next time it won't be so different, so I could be wrong

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi in South Korea any experience ?

    Ubigi is alright, but are you planning on going unlimited data or regular? If you're going with unlimited data, then it's better to just get the eSIMs by the local telco companies (LG, KT, SK) in Korea at the airport.

    Asie
  • RedAznWill 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · 21 days Unlimited in Japan

    I’ve used Klook, Ubigi, Airalo, and they all work great. I use Klook when I buy a limited Gig package. Their unlimited plan does throttle the data after their daily limit of 10gig (reset each day), but they do allow hotspots. For a 21 day trip, I would just get a 30 day unlimited. All providers are pretty reliable in speed and reliability, so I would pick the cheapest plan with any discount/referral codes available. I would just purchase one eSim first for the yourself. When you purchase from a provider, they will typically send you a discount code for your next purchase. You can also use your new account and refer your kids for a discount. Make sure all 3 phones are unlocked prior to purchasing an eSim. Current cost for an unlimited data only 30 day plan: Klook: $64 minus $5 (referral codes: 8SHBH4). If you have a Capital One credit card, their Capital One Shopping (app or link from your account), has a 3.5% bonus rebate/cash back if you purchase it with your card through their link. Airalo: $74 minus $3 (referral code: WILL1321). Capital One Shopping has a bonus of 3% cash back with their link. Airalo does send out emails for discounts for future purchases. I currently have a 15% discount off my next purchase (max $5). Ugibi: $65 minus 20% off (referral code: EMRUZ47S). This is probably the best deal I found. $52 on your first purchase. When you refer a person, that person would get 20% off, but you will get an email with a one time referral code to receive 50% off on your next purchase. I travel with two phones, so I referred myself (different account and email on each phone). Set one account up first, make the purchase with the 20% discount. Get your referral code from the app. On one of the kids phone, set up another account and make a purchase using your referral code. Do not purchase an eSim on the third phone until you get an email that your referral was successful. That email will contain a one time 50% discount code. Download the Ubigi app on the 3rd phone with your login and make a purchase with the 50% discount. Your total should be $136.50 for all 3 eSim ($52, $52, $32.5). Not knowing what your usage will be, I recommend the unlimited for a peace of mind.

  • tbone338 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Does gigsky use one eSIM forever?

    Okay, thanks! I have 4 Visa cards, 3 signature and 1 infinite. So, a total of 6GB free. Outside of that, the prices are much more expensive than Ubigi, so I’ll probably only use it for the visa benefits.

    Pas cher
  • bdfish1104 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Best Asia - recent data pts for Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam

    On my recent trip to Japan and my visit to see family in Taiwan, I bought a Ubigi eSIM. It worked fine in Japan, but it was incredibly difficult to use in Taiwan. Every time I tried to open a webpage or do anything involving the internet, I had to wait anywhere from ten seconds to a full minute before the connection finally 'woke up' and started working. I don't think the actual data speeds were bad, but the latency was severe. It got to the point where I couldn't even reply to my friends' messages in real-time. After putting up with it for a week, I couldn't take it anymore and switched to a different eSIM provider, which fixed the problem immediately. By the way, I’m using a U.S. iPhone 17 Pro Max, so I’m certain it wasn’t a hardware issue—the phone works perfectly fine when I travel to other countries.

    AsieJapon
  • JanCumin 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is there a good guide for eSIMs in China?

    Thanks very much, this is super helpful, I've used esims before, but I really really don't want to end up in China with no internet access. A few questions: 1. What do you mean by APN is set correctly? 2. Do you know which VPN's work well? 3. Do you have any specific recommendations for an esim provider? I've used Nomad and Ubigi before with no issue, but not in China Thanks again

  • Spazzy_maker 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • darshasaurus 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · How to manage family’s eSIMs? Single or multiple accounts?

    Providing an updated answer here. Ubigi requires you to have different profiles/account for each esim. The esim is tied to the account when you open it. What you are purchasing is a "plan" for your esim. You cannot have multiple esim's on an account. This is pretty unclear from their website. Their chatbot tells me I can transfer the 2nd plan I purchased to another account, but support seems to think that is not possible. There is no clear way to fast-track to a human support person... So far, not a fan of their support or their way of business.

    ActivationRemboursement
  • iSloth 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Traveling to London, what's the best eSIM provider for data and calls? :)

    Personally I use Ubigi in the UK, they're using the EE/BT network via Transatel MVNO, and EE is one of the best networks for coverage and speed. It's fairly cheap, if you want even cheaper than ReaTeaGo I've also used and it wasn't bad, or use something like [esimdb.com](http://esimdb.com) or [esimguide.com](http://esimguide.com) to find cheap ones too.

    EuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · Unlimited Airalo vs Holafly

    Anything unlimited will be slowing down after a few GB, regardless of if they admit it or not. Airalo I would say is a bit better than Holafly, the best for me was ubigi, but will depend how close to UK, as I think they use EE UK for their network.

  • yoitsmeyoguy 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best Global eSIM?

    I have tried ubigi as suggested to me by my friend and omg i am happy! Tried purchasing sim and renting a pocket wifi before but nothing is more convenient than using ubigi. Airalo i tried also before but ubigi is more cheaper. Also used a code for 20% which i saw via fb. You can use this code for 20% off: 8GVET19S Used the 10gb promo for $17 but only got it for $13.60. I had no problems whatsoever and it was more than enough for my 6 day trip. You don’t have to worry about accidentally going on roaming since they have a setting for that too

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Finding the right esims for travel

    I have tried ubigi as suggested to me by my friend and omg i am happy! Tried purchasing sim and renting a pocket wifi before but nothing is more convenient than using ubigi. Airalo i tried also before but ubigi is more cheaper. Also used a code for 20% which i saw via fb. You can use this code for 20% off: 8GVET19S Used the 10gb promo for $17 but only got it for $13.60. I had no problems whatsoever and it was more than enough for my 6 day trip. You don’t have to worry about accidentally going on roaming since they have a setting for that too

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Travel eSIMs: a practical breakdown (and a few opinions)

    I have tried ubigi as suggested to me by my friend and omg i am happy! Tried purchasing sim and renting a pocket wifi before but nothing is more convenient than using ubigi. Airalo i tried also before but ubigi is more cheaper. Also used a code for 20% which i saw via fb. You can use this code for 20% off: 8GVET19S Used the 10gb promo for $17 but only got it for $13.60. I had no problems whatsoever and it was more than enough for my 6 day trip. You don’t have to worry about accidentally going on roaming since they have a setting for that too

    Pas cher
  • According-Ad2838 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • oginkgo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • comp21 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AmateurExpert33 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM in France - any experience?

    I used Ubigi in Europe including France, Portugal (Azores), Spain, and UK, with my Pixel 8. No issues. I can't comment on speed, but I did not have any lag issues with regular navigating and surfing. I didn't try to stream video or videocall. Much better than my experience with Lyca which I would not go back to.

    Europe
  • 42kyokai 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - Scam - DO NOT BUY UNLIMITED PLANS

    Ubigi worked just fine for the entire 2 weeks I was in Japan. I'm definitely using it again next time I go. They even have other plans like a $28/year plan that gives you 2GB/mo which is perfect for secondary phones.

    Japon
  • JimChillaMamba 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travelling to Philippines for 15 days

    Hey, we enjoyed our Philippines experience in Boracay last year! Had no problem with the Nomad esim app. Feel free to use my referral code so you can also get a referral credit: JIMMPDZNSH I've consistently found Nomad to be much cheaper than Airalo and Ubigi.

  • Realistic_Eye3858 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AdeptNatural9952 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • tomu- 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Who provides lowest cost eSIM in Japan with Data Plan?

    Ubigi decent. I’m currently on it and it works for the most part. Some areas are spotty, but I’ve maintained a connection in the middle of nowhere to the cities. They’ve an app as well where you can track your data and purchase more of necessary.

    Activation
  • ridegravel 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • cavok76 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AccordingAd8361 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Asia?

    For 14 days across Indonesia, Thailand, China, and Hong Kong with 1–3GB/day usage, you’ll want a **regional Asia eSIM** with generous data and solid roaming agreements. Holafly’s £39 unlimited plan sounds tempting, but keep in mind they often throttle speeds after a soft cap—even if they don’t advertise it clearly. If you’re looking for alternatives: * **Saily** and **Asialink** offer regional plans with better transparency on speed caps. * **Jetpac Asia-Pacific** has been getting good reviews for consistent speeds across borders. * **Airalo** and **Ubigi** are solid but can get pricey if you need high daily usage. That said, I always keep **Flexiroam** active as a backup. It’s been a lifesaver when my main eSIM hits a dead zone or throttles unexpectedly. Plus, it’s super easy to top up on the go and works seamlessly across all four countries you’re visiting.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · internet plans in japan

    Heading to Japan for a 10-day student exchange in Saitama with a Tokyo day trip? You won’t need massive data, but you’ll want **reliable coverage** and **fast speeds** for maps, messaging, and translation apps. A **limited plan with 3–5GB total** should be more than enough if you’re mostly on Wi-Fi at school or your host’s place. If you’ll be out and about streaming or uploading, go for **7–10GB** to stay stress-free. Top picks for Japan eSIMs: * **Ubigi** – great speeds and easy setup * **Japan Wireless** – solid coverage and local support * **Saily** – flexible plans, but check for fair usage limits That said, I always keep **Flexiroam** active as a backup. It’s been super reliable across Japan’s transit zones and lets you switch countries without swapping SIMs—perfect if you’re flying in from India and want instant connectivity on arrival ✈️📶

    ActivationJapon
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi W/ Verizon for IMessage

    Anyone else notice iOS changed how dual SIM behaves? I used to SIM-lock my Verizon line to keep iMessage active while routing all data through Ubigi. Worked perfectly—until now. After the latest update, the pop-ups look different and the setup no longer holds. iMessage dropped, and Verizon tried to pull data again. Super frustrating mid-trip. I’m reworking my setup, but honestly, I’ve started keeping **Flexiroam** active as a backup—it’s been way more stable across updates and lets me stay connected without juggling SIM settings every time Apple tweaks something.

    Activation
  • Asleep-Birthday7031 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Europe trip coming up and looking for solid eSIM advice

    I have traveled extensively all around the world. And by far, the easiest, fastest, and most reliable sim for everything including using my phone as a hot spot for my laptop has been Ubigi. Plus it seems to be as affordable, if not a little cheaper that most of the other popular esims out there. If you know of Clark Howard, this was his top pick and I agree 100%

    HotspotPas cher
  • Tourist1292 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Japan

    We got the eSIM from Ubigi with the Expo 2025 offer which is now gone, but there are other similar ones available. I got the 5GB 15 days version for $10.6 after coupon code. I used around 4GB in 10 days mostly for Google map and checking social media. Most media uploading and downloading were done at the hotel with free wifi.

  • Snidely1459 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · How is Ubigi In Uzbekistan? Or any eSIM works well there?

    It’s more complicated than that and the core doesn’t do all of the things you listed. There are other separate elements to manage eSIM profiles and handle routing of signaling and bearer traffic. Having your own core benefits a travel eSIM company in that they get to manage the users and see the data traffic themselves rather than relying on other mobile operators, but it can add latency. All roaming data traffic is brought back to the home network (in Transatel’s case this is France) so users in Asia may see more latency than with Airalo or Nomad who have termination points in Singapore and Hong Kong through their partnerships.

    Asie
  • mysecretholiday 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Right-Structure4364 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - worst customer service experience

    I was not  successful getting the SIM activated. Turns out it was a monthly subscription. When I tried to get a refund for the monthly renewal payment I could neither get logged in using the app, get anything but a run around communicating through their chat and am still working on cancellation. Any suggestions?

    ActivationRemboursement
  • Willing-Pineapple459 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · China Origin Country Means Google Apps Don't Work With 3HK

    Search, Gmail, Maps, YouTube, Drive, and Photos are blocked on mainland IPs; some 3HK plans route through China. Use eSIMs with US/EU exit like Nomad, Airalo, or Ubigi, and check ipinfo.io. For bypassing, NordVPN for device, Cloudflare WARP free, and I use WorkingVPN for quick browser flips. Pick non-China exit.

    Asie
  • AskSimCorner 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · UK/Europe eSIM?

    I’ve done a few similar multi-country trips across Europe, and honestly the hardest part is balancing speed, coverage, and hotspot capability. You’re right about Holafly, they don’t allow tethering on most plans, so that’s out if your mum’s working remotely. Ubigi is pretty solid for hotspot use and has decent coverage across the UK, France, Germany, and Norway. Saily’s “extra security” pitch is mostly marketing talk; it’s still just standard data encryption via your network, so it won’t add much beyond what a normal SIM gives you. If you both need steady data for work, I’d skip “unlimited” plans that throttle after a few GB. A 15-20 GB plan each should easily handle emails, video calls, and hotspotting a laptop for light use over six weeks. Personally, I grab an eSIM before flying, activate it on arrival, and it saves all the airport SIM hassle. Just make sure your phone’s unlocked and supports the eSIM bands for Europe, and you’ll be good to go. Hope that helps, and have a great trip with your mum — sounds like an amazing mix of work and wander.

    EuropeHotspot
  • LA_Buff 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Local IP eSIMs for Japan?

    Ubigi has options to use local or your home. I was in Japan in Jan/Feb, if you have local mode, Spotify will play ads in Japanese whereas if in home/US mode, it’ll be English

    Japon
  • fatpcgamer 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Turkey

    I used ubigi as usuall an can only say it worked besides having issue in the subways right outside saw airport.

    Asie
  • DecisionOrganic3810 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM in France - any experience?

    Pixel 7. But it seems like it's a google thing for not whitelisted providers and is an issue on ALL pixels with Ubigi: https://preview.redd.it/6fkd8hgyelqf1.png?width=721&format=png&auto=webp&s=6058b4cb833408b8c24901fdfda7dcd312559bc4

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM in France - any experience?

    As a follow-up to our France trip: Between a few of us, we had a mix of Orange Travel and Ubigi esims. Both worked great, noting that Ubigi only has 4G for Pixel devices (more than adequate however). Would not hesitate to get Ubigi again, given the very low cost. I did not need to contact support at all so can't speak to that.

    EuropePas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • ChumNoy 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · how is ubigi hong kong sar esim in hong kong?

    Apparently you can top-up your Ubigi eSIM plan in the app now even when you don't have an active data plan or credits https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/help-center/assistance/do-i-need-wi-fi-to-purchase-a-data-plan-2/

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Are these the same?

    It uses the orange network and connects to 5G although I find that my Ubigi eSIM on my iPhone XR is sometimes faster on 4G / LTE than orange. Ubigi is using Bouygues, SFR, and/or Free

    Europe
  • Hayleymyzee 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · how is ubigi hong kong sar esim in hong kong?

    I used Ubigi twice in Japan. Here is my honest feedback. Connection: was okay most of the time, occasionally it loads very slow (especially at peak crowded areas like Tokyo Disneyland) but in general still okay. Ease of use: nothing much to complain except when you want to top up data purchase ( if you didn’t get the unlimited) requires you to do it through the app, not sure how are we supposed to do that if we have no data left. So i was pretty much on high alert every day checking and rechecking to make sure we still have data left. For HongKong: i took a trip there last week, opted to use CMLink as recommended by friends. Really cheap and good coverage. Cost me only $38.4HKD for 5 days of unlimited data (trotted surfing if you cross 5GB in a day). Loading was quick and good coverage. **Only point to note is to do your real name authentication before hand (either wifi on the plane or when you have wifi in the airport) otherwise the esim will not allow you to connect. Have a fun trip to HK

    ActivationIllimitéJapon
  • donofthedogs 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Daytripper5000 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for japan

    Airolo is working very well for me in Japan Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, and the Hakone region. I used a referral code from another Redditor here and got $3 off. My traveling companion used another company, Ubigi, and his data ran out quickly due to “system services,” not sure what that was about. We both were doing same generic stuff. I gave him my referral code so he could get Airolo and he got $3 off so I know the code works. SHEILA0079

    Japon
  • WifiBeforeSelfie 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Multi network eSIM UK

    Sadly there isn’t a proper UK eSIM that lets you use all networks for normal data. Honest is mostly calls and texts, and most others just tie you to one network. I’ve had better luck with roaming eSIMs like Airalo, Nomad, Ubigi or SimCorner since they sometimes switch between UK carriers, but they can be slower or cost more. Honestly, keeping a cheap PAYG SIM from another network or leaning on Wi-Fi calling has been the most reliable for me.

    Europe
  • Theodore_the_cat 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Help with settings

    Oh yes sorry. I have the secondary (Ubigi) data on when I use it. I turned it off to figure this out and avoid getting charged. Verizon said they charged me but I’ll contact them to try and figure out why. I used Ubigi in Japan and had zero issues so I was wondering what I was doing wrong for this international trip to France. When I look at my cellular service at the top of the screen it shows Secondary Ubigi is connected and then Primary Verizon and has some random international network it’s connecting to for the primary one

    EuropeJapon
  • maelask3 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • too-manycats 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • SoftPinkSeraph 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for a month in Japan?

    Yes. A couple of people have already told me Ubigi didn’t really work for them, so I think I’ll leave it out. It’s kinda expensive too😵‍💫

  • velvetslacks 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for a month in Japan?

    We’ve used Ubigi in Japan, and found it easy to install and connectivity also good. We are going back soon and plan to use it again. There’s a discount code available to use when you purchase - if you ask there will be someone on this sub who can give it to you.

    ActivationJapon
  • mozzarellax 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • ZweitenMal 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Back from Japan – Pocket WiFi vs SIM vs eSIM (What Actually Worked)

    The first time I went to Japan in 2020 (very early in the year, obviously) I rented a pocket WiFi. It worked perfectly but was a pain to charge and carry around. The second time I went, in October 2023, I used an eSIM and it was flawless—cheap and easy. I use Ubigi. Now that it’s set up on my phone, whenever I travel is just buy a credit for where I’m going and activate it when I land. Couldn’t be easier.

    ActivationJaponPas cher
  • Upper-Quiet-7010 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travel India eSIM with lot of data (or flat fee)

    I’ve had the same worry when sending family to India. The ones that worked best for us were Saily, Airalo, Nomad, Ubigi, and more recently I’ve tried Terminal eSIM. All of them give decent data packages, but I’d recommend installing before the trip while on Wi-Fi and testing it quickly so you’re not stuck abroad with setup issues.

    Asie
  • Frequent_Row_8255 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for japan

    We used Ubigi, it is not the cheapest but we found it to work pretty much everywhere. Very happy with that one

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Glum-Tea5629 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • cant-rain-allthetime 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • debian3 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Kenya and Tanzania

    I would say avoid esim for those type of country. For example in Angola Ubigi was with Africel, which only works in the main city. As soon as you go out it’s an other network. The sim card there was $1 for unlimited data… just buy one once you are there

  • Active_Summer_1024 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

  • roamcompare 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSim for UK and Northern European Cruise

    There’s lots of options for you! What you want is a regional eSIM you can use across all counties. Look out for a European eSIM - Ubigi, EasySim and Roamify are all good options with multiple networks you can connect to for great coverage!

    Europe
  • AgedCzar 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AntoineAdsup 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • aior0s 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for london and paris?

    Word of caution, if you have pixel phone, do not use ubigi. It won't connect to the 5G network.  Source: me just came back from london and paris.  Fortunately they gave me a refund and I got bnesim for my paris trip

    EuropeRemboursement
  • Particular_Fan_2945 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIMs in Spain (Madrid)??

    Honestly, if you want a Spanish number and don’t want to deal with monthly refills, aloSIM’s annual plan is a win for you. Orange works too though just a bit pricier. But if you’re more into clean apps and solid roaming data, Jetpac or Ubigi are the move you might want to consider since you're staying long term.

    ActivationEurope
  • TallArm3976 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • JerChuay 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi question…

    Ubigi's honesty and product are top-tier with 5G speeds via Transatel. I once messed up on my end and deleted an Ubigi eSIM and then purchased a top-up plan from Ubigi. I told them my situation and they FULLY refunded me. Completely unexpected, but unbelievably appreciated.

    ActivationRemboursement
  • napsterqqq 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Turkey travel advice updated - access to e-sim services

    Exactly this. If you try and download or set up locally in Turkey it’s blocked. Downloaded Ubigi eSIM earlier this week whilst in the UK. Am in Turkey now and it works fine. Would have done Airolo but few folks have been having issues in a variety of places so decided to avoid.

    ActivationAsie
  • Rwhiteside90 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Cheapest / reliable esim in Europe

    Using Ubigi last week with no issues in the UK. The odd time traffic won't pass but I find it I enable my Tailscale VPN, the traffic flows fine. I'm using a GL Inet hotspot so it could anything causing the issue but for the price, I'm not complaining.

    EuropeHotspotRapport qualité-prix
  • monito_com 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Choosing an eSIM for a one week trip, need advice

    Airalo is reliable in Japan, but if you want cheaper options that are still reliable, then the following all offer a 1GB eSIM valid for 7 days for these prices: esim4travel $2.18 Instabridge $2.50 Roamless $3.95 Saily $3.99 Nomad $4 Ubigi $4 Alosim $4.50 Airalo $4.50 I think all of them except esim4travel have smartphone apps, which make it easy to top up data if you run out. I'm sure you'll want more than 1GB, and the competitiveness of the providers will change as you buy bigger plans, but in general, Airalo is not usually the cheapest. It does have reliable service though.

    ActivationJaponPas cher
    r/eSIMs · Going on exchange to the USA – What eSIM would you recommend for 4 months?

    For data only plans, esim4travel is usually very cheap. Jetpac and Nomad are also well-priced and have nice apps. Ubigi is another cheap one. Most Americans text via SMS and call your phone number directly, but you may be able to get by these days with the Facebook messenger app or WhatsApp. If you're interested in a temporary US phone number, look at Yesim or services like US Mobile. Yesim charges $3.60 per month — and then they charge additional fees for SMS and minutes used. US Mobile charge a bit more per month, but the SMS and minutes are included in the plan and the pricing is more transparent.

    Pas cher
  • chris-handsome 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIMs banned in Turkey

    I purchased mine from Ubigi before I entered and it worked great. However the Ubigi app/website wouldn't work once I entered the country.

    Activation
  • four4beats 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - Huge Scam

    I've used Ubigi for several years throughout Europe and Asia and have been happy with the service - at least I haven't found anything to be mad about - and I'm fairly data-heavy between Google Maps, Spotify, YouTube, and transferring data to and from my cloud storage.

    AsieEurope
  • eurasiancutie 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

  • makipet 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · ESIM is too expensive. I will just buy a local SIM

    In those kind of countries, might make sense. My experiences so far have been US and UK, where the prices seem pretty nice compared to local ones/hassle to get them. In EU i can roam anyways plenty with my Finnish plan. And indeed checked the prices for Uzbekistan and Etiopia and they are crazy through Ubigi at least. But probably so little traffic through them that they cant negotiate good contracts.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · ESIM is too expensive. I will just buy a local SIM

    Why wouldnt ”international” esim be good? I am using Ubigi, you get one esim installed. Then you just buy on app whatever amount of data you need for what country, that activates once you connect on the country. Traveling to USA you could for example get 10 gigs for 12€, valid for 7 days. Or 10 gigs valid for 30 days is 14€. Just buy right package and amount that you need, can do it week before and it activates automatically once you connect at the airport. Pretty seemless and definitely cheap at least in USA (years before i once bought T-mobile prepaid esim for a month and that was like triple the price)

    ActivationPas cherÉtats-Unis
  • obrist666 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · esim for Denmark

    Used Ubigi in Denmark just recently and it worked well for data over several EU countries.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Family vacation to Europe. What eSIM to recommend?

    I haven’t answered any calls, but it rang once, and it seemed like I was charged after that. You know, I’m not sure how this worked out, but I haven’t been charged for the daily fee any more. Maybe because nobody has tried to call? Regular SMS seems to work over my Ubigi eSIM now. I have my US SIM enabled, data roaming odd, WiFi calls on, I manually selected a network that seemed like it won’t work (intentionally), cellular data set to Ubigi eSIM, default voice line to US eSIM. I also went online and disabled travel pass for all three accounts, so that might have been the solution as well.

    r/eSIMs · Family vacation to Europe. What eSIM to recommend?

    I’m in EU now, same setup with US dual sim iphone. I had hoped it worked like you describe, because that’s exactly what I did, but instead I got charged $12/day when I got US calls or SMS (non iMessage, non other app) texts. I’ve just disabled that line for now, and if I need some 2FA text, I’ll just take the travel pass hit. I will say that the Ubigi eSIM has worked great in multiple countries, although if I had to do it again, I’d land and buy a local eSIM at the airport just to get a local number for calls as well.

    Europe
  • pickl_erick 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Japan eSIM

    I can echo to some comment here: Ubigi is great in Japan. I have used it few times and no issues at all, speed is pretty fast. the only downside is that you are not getting a number. So no direct calls, but you get data for video call. If you are out of data, just top up. Setup is pretty simple, and you get to test it out at home to see if it works, before you commit into paying for a plan (no lock ins unless you choose to). If you are interested, feel free to use my ref code below to get a once-off 20% discount. Have a great trip otherwise! BDEY5K3E

    ActivationJapon
  • CurrentWonderful6477 🇬🇧

    6 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Catch-22 with eSIM activation?

    The problem with the aggregators is they are based on how they monetize it with referrals. Ubigi if you play the referral game you can generally get 50% off.. The interface on most sites with pricing is mid at best..

    r/eSIMs · Catch-22 with eSIM activation?

    Ubigi just works .. So far the cheapest and best MVNO if you need data only. Lots of discount codes and great for repeat business (50% off for referrals). eSIM.net is solid if you want a EU number calling and SMS. I’m blown away how expensive the other providers are.

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Please help with Japan eSIM choice

    Been to Japan twice, used Airalo on uiPad and Ubigi on iPhone 15 Pro. Ubigi worked better for Tokyo and Hokkaido. Ubigi Discount Code: **U9F29QUW** \- 20% Off

    Japon
  • greekmikemiami 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · looking for a esim app (from australia to greece)

    I love COSMOTE, but they do not offer an eSIM for tourists. I called their store in Glyfada this morning to confirm. I travel to Greece often. You can get them at GERMANOS, which is the official COSMOTE store, and buy a WhatsUp (not to be confused with WhatsApp) SIM and have it converted to an eSIM a day later; but that requires you to go back to the store. I tried that last summer and was unsuccessful, so I gave up. If you want the fastest unlimited data, they are the best in Greece and work in buildings where Vodafone and other carriers don't get a signal, for example, one of the airbnbs I was staying in, I had a Vodafone eSIM in one iPhone and a physical COSMOTE in my second iPhone and couldn't even use the internet on the Vodafone eSIM. This year, I also tried Ubigi, and it worked really well.

    Europe
  • weeeaaa 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Tyffy 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • PetToilet 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Catch-22 with eSIM activation?

    Sure, on Ubigi the person who gives out the referrals might get a 50% code, but as the purchaser who doesn't want to do work will only get 20% off. That and the price difference at least on the destinations I checked is not 2x (to match 50% off) but rather 3-4x (so would need to be 66%-75% off)

  • kobebron824 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • Informal-Bid-8228 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · MobiMatter eSIM isn’t worth it

    I also used mobi matter in Nigeria and would not recommend them. My first e-sim worked fine but when I topped off and added more they reported higher usage of data than my phone did. I tried contacting their customer service who were no help at all. The e-sims they offer are also overpriced and can be bought directly from the sellers site for example Ubigi. I would avoid MobiMatter at all costs. 

    Pas cher
  • jz5678910 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

  • SummonMason 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo 101: Why I chose Airalo and how to save $3 then 20% off

    Meh, used Ubigi for Japan and now using it for China. In japan it was faster and always stable. In china it’s stable and speed is ok so far depending on website. Only annoying thing is when you top up by buying an extra bundle, they do not tell you that they activate your second bundle in advance when you’re at 90% of your older bundle to supposedly make the transition smoother. This is mentioned nowhere on their website or faq. So you will be confused when you get an email notification saying your new bundle has been activated while your older bundle is still not used up yet. Customer service experience wasn’t good, explenations are unclear until you keep asking and trigger them to respond in more detail to you. But I feel that is typical for customer service from esim providers lol All in all for Japan I definitely seen a few posts on reddit saying ubigi is faster and just as stable, which is my experience there.

    ActivationAsieJaponRemboursement
  • gpoul 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Own-Elk3082 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Acefr 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • hjicons 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Automatic-Law-3612 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi E-Sim Activation?

    It says to connect the ubigi network. But the ubigi esim is disabled on your screenshot. So I guess you have to activate the esim and set to use the data from the ubigi Sim. But normally you do that if you are in the county where you bought it for. Because if you buy a 30 day plan for example, it starts as soon you use the first data.

    Activation
  • Raph_bis 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • atagapadalf 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Going to Japan & Thailand for a month, any tips? Two Layovers too, from the UK.

    In Thailand last year and last month I used a dtac eSIM, and it's worked fine for me. They joined up with True and have a pretty comprehensive network across the country. They also have a WIDE range of package options. In Japan (last year) I used Ubigi. Had good connections and speed. Airalo and Saily both had issues, likely because of their chosen partner(s).

    Japon
  • lloydlloyd 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM installation

    Nope, no luck. I tried another brand esim (airalo) and still no luck. Got in touch with Samsung and they said it may work once we get to Japan. Currently in Tokyo, and that idea also did not work. I think it had to be an issue with the phone rather than any of the carriers. Fortunately my wife and I have an Android and an iPhone between us, and had no issues loading it onto the iPhone. Going to find a physical SIM for the Samsung tomorrow...

    ActivationJapon
  • L0rdLogan 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • popartist 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Cheap eSIMs you've tried (and worked) in Europe

    Used Ubigi's 10gb Scandinavian plan for a trip to Denmark and Sweden last November with no issues, was under $15. Just bought a 10GB plan from them for $12.60 ($14-10% promo code) for my trip to Portugal this coming week. Should be ok, they use one of the biggest providers there.

    Europe
  • cretaius 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi question…

    OP here confirming Ubigi works just fine. Bought the 10 GB 30 day plan, set it up according to the instructions, left it off while I was still home and turned it on upon landing and immediately started working. Was able to navigate train stops with Google Maps to reach our hotel. Only found it weird that data usage under cellular said it used 3.37 GB already. That much GB used upon first time using it seems excessive, but I might just be reading it wrong (like it’s my actual data primary data) or something else altogether. Regardless, I used it further throughout the day to check Google Maps for places of interest nearby walking around town and it totaled up to 3.45 GB at the end of the day, which is appears to a be a reasonable amount of MB used. If this the rate it continues to use it should be ok for the remainder of our trip.

    Activation
  • issayrobles 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi question…

    You can (and should do) the eSIM installation at home, after that, Ubigi works as a prepaid sim, you ll use the same one for every data plan you buy. Ill keep the app for data consumption management, plus, if you ran out of data, you can buy another data plan from it.

    Activation
  • Sensitive_Gazelle_68 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Has Anyone Used Gigsky on a Cruise?

    Used it on recent cruise. It only worked on land in the Dominican Republic. Otherwise, it dod not work at ALL. There is no support li e to call. I send a help message, but no response. My wife used Ubigi and it worked most of the time.

  • it-varys 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • stephanihilism 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • mttpl 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • mgcarley 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim with unlimited data for Europe

    Ubigi is NTT Transatel under the hood if my memory serves me correctly. I think them and Yesim throttle their "unlimited" plans after a certain amount of daily usage, but I could be wrong. >there are no truly unlimited mobile plans, anywhere in the world I've been saying this for >15 years.

    Illimité
  • Possible_Jellyfish62 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for multiple trips to Europe?

    Saw a lot of ppl saying to use Airalo. It’s okayyyy in Europe in my opinion. Personally I used Ubigi in Japan which had amazing connection and was disappointed with the connection levels of Airalo in Europe. May just be me but I probably won’t be using Airalo again.

    Japon
  • South_Can_2944 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · UBIGI - in Japan by DNS test says I'm in Beijing, China

    Thank you. That's an annoyance (UBIGI using China mobile). Several of my applications are (were) blocked because they believed I'm in China. The situation has since rectified itself. I toggled the esim on and off and now it's being routed through Japan (going by the IP address, at least).

  • ADHDmania 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What esim should I use In the US?

    I was using both Ubigi and Airalo a week ago in London. To be honest, they are both disappointing, Airalo has better coverage, but in busy area they are both slow(such as Piccadilly circle), sometime I couldn't even use Google Maps. In my hotel, they are equally useless. I don't know if it's esim's fault or London inherently has bad cell phone network.

    Europe
  • nanohead 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi fail in Asia, unfixable

    Hey, good suggestions here. I did all those things. I actually didn't successfully manually select any APN/Networks, because all I could see was Ubigi APNs. So I didn't have any choice ultimately and just set it back to auto select. I actually considered deleting/reinstalling the eSIM, but Ubigi sort of implies that you can't reactivate if you delete it. I've had decent luck occasionally with the Airplane mode trick, but not this time. Same with network reset. Nada. We are now in Cambodia, and I tried it yet again, and still dead. I purchased Airilo in Thailand and it works perfectly, and it also connected when we landed in Cambodia. I decided to try a test today, and toggled off Airilo and toggled on Ubigi, and it it was still dead. Yes, agreed too, the device (Pixel 7) doesn't have any actual tools to fiddle around other than some lame toggles. I'm traveling with family and I just don't have the motivation to do the technical work (engineer) that I usually would do to diagnose and fix.

    ActivationAsie
  • juliomiguel100 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · I'm going to Japan and I have no idea how eSims work, what do i need to do?

    You just need to download the eSIM company's app and through the app download and install the eSIM on your cell phone. When I went to Japan in 2023 I used Ubigi's service, which was the one that offered the best cost-benefit at the time in my opinion (There were companies at the time with unlimited plans but there were restrictions on me not being able to share my internet and a daily usage limit, I don't know what it's like now).

    HotspotJaponRapport qualité-prix
  • Gwynlian85 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • rail_akhmadullin 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · esim options for travel in the uk/paris?

    Ubigi is a good choice regarding price and quality. I used 10GB / 7 days package for traveling around Paris this summer and did not experience any issues. Additionally there are websites like mobimatter.com that allows to compare providers offers.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • mrmhsch 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Temporary-Routine714 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Independent-Sherbert 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Saily In Japan Is Unusable, and it’s not because of the network

    Thanks for this, I was considering using Saily for my next trip, but i guess I'll reconsider. I used Ubigi last time I was in Japan, and it worked great for the 17 days I was there across Kyoto, Osaka, and Tokyo. However, it is so much more expensive. I used the 10gb plan for 30 days, but I'd recommend more cause I ran out on the last day. Honestly, the unlimited plan I don't think is worth it, but maybe consider the 25GB plan? Also, heard there was an Ubigi outage recently. Any other esims ppl recommend that are more budget friendly? Use my code RD5SL29P to get 20% off your first Ubigi sim, which will benefit me (tryna get a discount for the next trip)

    IllimitéJaponRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · 30 days Japan Sim Card

    I used Ubigi last time I was in Japan and it worked great for the 17 days I was there across Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo. Was even faster than the wifi of hotels. I used the 10gb plan for 30 days but I'd recommend more cause I ran out on the last day. They do have unlimited but I can be quite expensive compared to other brands. Use my code RD5SL29P to get 20% off your first Ubigi sim

    IllimitéJapon
  • sleazywookie 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

  • waf_bah 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Muddyslime69420 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Sataylor85 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM super slow suddenly (Japan)

    I’ve been in Japan 8 days and Ubigi worked shockingly fast. Since yesterday it’s been slow / not working due to the issue discussed here. However mine hasn’t recovered to the speed from before. It says LTE but still loading slowly. Which is better than not loading at all like yesterday. Really was difficult getting around Kyoto. Now on the train to Tokyo and everything slowly loading. Maps and emails. I may try a different carrier but I’m afraid to switch because I’m headed back to Disneyland in a week and it worked so well there before… I was thinking due to the relationship with docomo. Also in all the reviews they said you never go over 10gb but I’m at 8 after 8 days here. I haven’t watched videos or uploaded pics just using maps constantly. Like really constantly. I’m terrible with directions.

    Japon
  • bikesandburgers 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM super slow suddenly (Japan)

    I got Ubigi on one phone, and Jetpac on the other this time around, and Jetpac was just much more worth what I paid and the data speeds were much faster specially in Kyoto.

    JaponRapport qualité-prix
  • Edilon19x 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Holafly, Airalo and others

    I have been using Airalo (Malaysia, Bali, Brazil and Singapore), Hola fly (Hong Kong) and Ubigi (Japan and my wife for Brazil and East Asia) and all of them do they are working fine. Main differences : 1. Holafly offers unlimited data 2. Airalo : You have to install a new sim card all the time so it can be annoying. 3. Ubigi is well less known but it does the job good despite a limited UI So now when I travel I mainly decide based on my data amount need and the price to pay. Hope it helps!

    AsieJapon
  • onedollalama 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM super slow suddenly (Japan)

    Hey u/the_john19 - i got this response from them: Hello redacted, Yes our tech team is investigating and is in the process of planning a PGateway transfer to rapidly restore service. We apologize for the inconvenience, and I can get back to you as soon as the service is restored 😔🙏 Kind regards, Isaure from Ubigi

    Remboursement
  • Better-Conclusion869 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • b_v_mycophile 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM super slow suddenly (Japan)

    Same happened to me, screwed me over in the middle of Tokyo. I've bought 3gb of data with airalo to have as a backup throughout my trip. Airalo is working perfectly right now

    Japon
  • No_Advertising_6355 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Gullible-Sail-5520 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • dkljaal 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM super slow suddenly (Japan)

    We left the hotel at 11 and noticed how my wife and I internet was slow and mine just stopped working all together. Been using wifi to download airlo for back up. So far only I downloaded it hoping ubigi get fixed soon

  • Optimal_Ask7436 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Japan + South Korea eSIM

    I used Ubigi and 99% was great and only had one issue with it, randomly. I got the Asia plan for 10 GB for $23 USD with a coupon code since I went to Japan and South Korea as well!

    AsieJapon
  • outbound_flight 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Japan... so many options.

    As a sidenote to the Ubigi recommendations: they do offer 5G, but some phones with 5G enabled won't work with their service. Specifically Google Pixels, we discovered. There doesn't seem to be a fix or workaround, and their customer service is positively the worst I've come across.

  • AutomaticAd1827 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Sabilrd 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • anondydimous 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM compatible with most countries?

    using eSIM from ubigi on my trip to london as i found the activation process to be the smoothest! tried it out on my work phone and liked it enough to use it for my personal data plan as well.

    ActivationEurope
  • tommylw 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best esim for Japan?

    I've used Ubigi several times in Japan and they are consistently amazing. Great coverage and supports 5g speed. Only caveat is that it is a data-only esim so you don't get a local number and call credits, which wasn't an issue for me since I usually text/call via social messaging apps anyways. There is 20% off if you apply this code 83KB5K82 at checkout if you decide to go with Ubigi for your esim.

    Japon
  • rachjew18 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Which eSim should I use for a trip to Portugal and Spain?

    Ubigi has a solid reputation for performance, especially in Japan, so it’s understandable that you’re considering it again for your trip to Portugal and Spain. It generally works well in Europe, but the quality can vary depending on the specific location and local network coverage. Airalo and Mobimatter are also popular options, offering a range of plans that might suit your needs. However, I’d like to recommend considering Voye Global as well. I've tried their service, and I found it to be reliable and affordable, with coverage in many countries, including both Portugal and Spain. They provide various data plans, so you can choose one that fits your travel duration and data needs. Ultimately, while Ubigi is a strong contender based on your past experience, Voye Global might be worth exploring for its affordability and reliable service across multiple countries.

    Europe
  • WorldTraveller79 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Do not use Airhub eSIM

    Use Airalo or Ubigi. Ubigi has a very good coverage and speed in Asia, especially Japan and South Korea. I use Airalo in Europe and some part of Asia too. Airalo and Ubigi are reputable companies.

    AsieJapon
  • Anncelle 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Which eSim should I use for a trip to Portugal and Spain?

    I’ve used both Ubigi and TooSim. Ubigi worked fine for me in Japan, but during my trip to Portugal and Spain, I used TooSim. I got 10 GB for 30 days at $16.34, and it worked well for data and coverage. Both are solid options, but TooSim might be more affordable for your trip.

    Japon
  • Greedy-Alternative77 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Fun-Thought-5515 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · First time in Japan, completely lost on which eSIM to pick?

    Just departing Tokyo now. Airalo was faultless for me - we went to Matsumoto Kamikochi Kyoto and Shimanami kaido - no issues always had signal and fast speeds. My partner used Ubigi and it wasn’t as good - dropped out quite a bit when in Kyoto and Matsumoto as well as Ominichi. Ubigi was fine for Tokyo. tldr : Airalo great 👍

    Japon
  • bzoo02 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Booking Bullet Trains, Cards and anything else before we arrive?

    For Shinkansen tickets (and stuff like Disney and Universal)we used Klook. Sure it's a bit more expensive but all your tickets are organised in one spot, and for the neuro-spicy this convenience paid for itself. For the Shinkansen we also splurged for the green car tickets for our first time and really they were only $20 more per seat. Also, I forget which seats but you can look it up easily, you can prebook to have views of mount Fuji both ways. For esim we used Ubigi. Don't go through Klook for this, easy to install the day before you leave and activate right before you take off .Worked well and was easy to set up. Paid for unlimited data so I could use my phone (especially Google maps) freely.

    ActivationIllimitéJapon
  • SophisticPenguin 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    When activating Ubigi, you'll need to get on some sort of Wi-Fi to connect to app to activate it. You can download and install the eSIM before hand or once you land. My wife got hers early and I got mine right after landing.

    Activation
  • capsshield123 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    When I went to Japan this past year, I used my Verizon unlimited ultimate plan which worked good for cell and sms, while data was decent. I also added an esim from Bytesim which gave me good data speeds for unlimited data at a really good cost. I tried Ubigi back when I went in 2024, but for me, Bytesim had better speeds.

    Japon
  • ozgfive 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Ubigi worked great for me. Only negatives were I did not clock it would not work on my layover in Korea. With advanced planning you can buy a plan or combo of plans to combat this. I did not sign up for taxi services prior to the flight and since they had no sms receipt I could not use them. Again pre planning or buying an eSIM with a number solves this

    Asie
  • Eudes_Correa 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Minute_String_6948 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Has anyone worked with esim.tech (b2b/reseller account)

    Because it's only been 3 days and it's holiday season in EU. They're all slow doing summer stuff. France for example is closed today. It seems to me like a small shop from developers for developers. I won't write them off until a full week has passed. It did make me curious though if anyone has actual experience with them. Ubigi looks interesting but they give bad pricing unless you commit to huge volume.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • parisi2274 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Japan?

    I was in Japan for two weeks from May16-30 and I purchased an unlimited data eSIM from Ubigi and had zero issues with it the entire time I was in Japan.

    IllimitéJapon
  • OGfreelancer 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Japan?

    We just returned from a long trip (Tokyo down to MIyajima). One of us had an iPhone 15. Ubigi worked well for us for navigation, social media, music, and general web surfing. Once in a while, a brief signal loss in deep subway stations or on the shinkansen. I would use Ubigi again for my next trip. As you may know, there's a subreddit for people posting codes that can get you 20% off. You can browse that to get a code. You're also welcome to use my code (5FVHLCG2.), though I don't have any immediate plans to go again. Good luck and have fun!

    Japon
  • NoSignificance2377 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Asia eSim for 45 days

    Ubigi is great! Search for 20% off on reddit. Bunch of coupon codes. Used them in Japan, and currently in Europe. No issues...

    EuropeJapon
  • WyoGrads 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · esim sim card

    Same. Also try Ubigi, 1Global, or GigSky. I’ve use the all with success in different countries.

  • No_Apartment883 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - Scam - DO NOT BUY UNLIMITED PLANS

    Sorry - why is the word fair being incorporated? What’s not fair ? Receiving the goods and services you purchased ? No single person can explain this lol . Ubigi can’t either ….

  • trstn89 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • leetph 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Japan eSIM

    I’ve used both Airalo and Ubigi and I’ve traveled all around Japan from Hokkaido all the way down to Kumamoto. I found that Airalo connects in major cities but struggles a lot in the more rural areas. At one point I had no connection. I had no issues with Ubigi though. Everything connected just fine and even though rural areas might’ve not been as speedy as the cities it still worked without issues. I would recommend Ubigi for peace of mind over Airalo. That’s just my experience. If you want 20% your first order, I have a ref code you can use! MRLJHC21 😁

    Japon
  • Illustrious_Neck_754 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Japan

    If you just need data, Superalink or Ubigi both work great. Activation’s instant too.

    Activation
  • QuietlycuriousNYC 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Medical_Animal5548 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • GallopingSoul 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • prazeros 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM Options for a 6-Month Stay in Japan?

    I did a similar thing, was in Japan for about five months, and I ended up using Sim Local. Honestly, their Japan plan was solid. I think I paid something like €15/month for way more data than I expected to need (was watching YouTube on trains way too often), and it still held up. Way better value than Ubigi for the amount you get. I did consider grabbing a local SIM after I landed, but getting set up with a contract in Japan without a bank account was kinda messy. The eSIM just worked right away, which was a relief after 13 hours in the air and no sleep lol. Haven’t tried calling much though, I mostly stuck to LINE and WhatsApp. If you’re not a heavy user, 5GB might get tight by the end of the month. I'd go with something that gives you breathing room, especially early on while you're still figuring out what eats your data.

    JaponRapport qualité-prix
  • mintlovez 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • eSIM-Vietnam 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Reddit_Contributor1 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • yesnomaybeso99 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM app for International travel?

    UBIGI is by far the best in my opinion if you travel a lot. You don’t need to install a new eSIM every time you go to a different destination and buying new data packages takes a few seconds on the app. You can also buy multiple countries at the same time or their bundles, and it will automatically switch plans based on your location. They are reasonably priced too and my service has been great in the places I’ve traveled Use this code for 20% off if you would like to give it a try: YHG3SDUR

    ActivationRapport qualité-prix
  • Mysterious_Trainer13 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Southeast Asia e sim recs

    Ubigi e-sim! Their "Best Asia" plan covers all the countries you listed & they have a 10GB & 25Gb plan. I've used Ubigi in Japan, Singapore & South Korea without any issues, it was super easy to set up & data was pretty fast. I used around 8GB in 3 weeks mainly using social media, google maps & internet. I'm still in Japan using Ubigi, so if you'd like to use my code for 20% off it's: 8TV1EWMH which would be appreciated because it will get me 50% off my plan next month.

    ActivationAsieJapon
  • redditnewbie6910 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi "Best Asia" report: decent in Taiwan and South Korea but avoid it in Japan

    i dont know what ur doing when ur in these countries, but i can assure u we are not gonna stop using ubigi in Japan for this reason. for 95% of the tourists, we couldnt give 2 fucks about routing and tracing and latencies. we use it for regular browser and google maps most of the time. we are not going to japan to play games while on the go, we got hotel wifi for that when we get back. so this is a non issue. the only issue with ubigi is their plans must be activated as soon as u buy it, u cannot leave it for later. and their customer service is very mediocre.

    ActivationJapon
  • Helpful_Peach_3615 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi data plan in Japan

    I have been using Ubigi twice when I went to Japan, I didn't use all the data, as there are a lot of wifi available in Japan as well. if you want to use Ubigi, you can use my code to get 20% off. Use my referral code 271MENYN to get 20% off your first purchase.

    Japon
  • TheWaters12 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • Jaodarneve 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi not working

    Actually it was my first time buying an esim overseas.  I've chosen Ubigi because of the reputation, as a hassle free option, but I did not know it was a standard procedure to call a plan "Asia" and not cover a well known region such as the Middle East. Well, I hope that at least it works flawlessly in Japan, where I'll stay longer. I won't bother complaining, but thank you again for showing me those options.

    Asie
  • abrahamguo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • FeeFit846 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Nikto_90 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi - Scam - DO NOT BUY UNLIMITED PLANS

    Ubigi has 0 interest in providing a good customer experience as it’s not a company that’s focused on consumers. They provide it because they can, they are operated by a wholesale telecoms provider. This should be pretty obvious as their app is worse than a website from 1999.

    Activation
  • Such-Education3886 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · E-sim for Germany/France?

    Ubigi works well and set up is easy before you leave so once you land, you are ready to connect immediately. If you need to make voice calls you can always use What’s App or Facebook with your data-only plan or when you are on free WiFi somewhere. Best part is you can always add more if you find yourself running out while you are there and it’s super easy and instant. If you decide to try Ubigi, here is a code for 20% off - 4TWY732H.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Considering Airalo data plan for 1 Week in Paris. Do I Need Voice/SMS?

    You need data only. Can use Facebook or What’s App for voice calls if you need to make them if you have data or WiFi. We used Ubigi data plan with 10GB for our 10 day trip and it was more than enough if you’re not scrolling social media and watching movies. If you want to try Ubigi, here a 20% off code - 4TWY732H

  • Dependent_Pin_1647 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Asia?

    Ubigi might fit your needs. I’ve used it without any issues in Japan & South Korea. Fast data, always had connection when travelling outside of Tokyo to more remote cities. I use Google maps, social media, Pikmin & internet and 10GB has always been enough for me. But if you do run out within 30 days, you can always just purchase another. I’ve also heard good things about Airalo but I’ve never tried them. If you go with Ubigi, you can use my 20% off code: 8TV1EWMH

    AsieJapon
  • Equivalent-Acadia290 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi plan not reflected on app despite successfully activating esim

    hey, it happens to me to too , i purchased en esim with Ubigi , but unfortunately i didnt get any replay from them. if you are going to china, you can try flyhobo esim, they have a really good prices and good data anywhere [https://www.flyhobo.com/products/cn\_zone?\_pos=2&\_psq=china&\_ss=e&\_v=1.0](https://www.flyhobo.com/products/cn_zone?_pos=2&_psq=china&_ss=e&_v=1.0) i hope that could help cheers

  • fpili 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • xstell132 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ishldknwbttr18 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Tueto 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • No-Flower-4987 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • deysg 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Jazz4825 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • BbbadToTheBone 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Proper-Bee-9311 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Darkeoss 🇪🇸

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi problems in Japan

    Yo cero problemas, al contrario de lo que comentas funcionó genial y súper rápido ( mejor que el holafly de mi pareja ). Cero problemas

  • Agyro 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • F-Mist 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Capital_Ice_1512 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

Souvent comparé à

Questions fréquentes

Ubigi fonctionne-t-il bien au Japon ?

Les utilisateurs Reddit rapportent généralement une bonne connexion dans les grandes villes japonaises, mais aussi dans plusieurs régions rurales et montagneuses. Beaucoup apprécient les débits, tandis que d’autres signalent des coupures, des ralentissements dans les lieux fréquentés ou des pannes empêchant tout accès aux données.

Faut-il réinstaller Ubigi à chaque voyage ?

Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient de conserver le même profil eSIM et d’acheter de nouveaux forfaits pour les destinations couvertes. Ils décrivent aussi la possibilité de recharger dans l’application sans données restantes, à condition d’être connecté à un réseau partenaire. La gestion de plusieurs téléphones est moins pratique, les témoignages indiquant un compte distinct par appareil.

Le forfait illimité Ubigi garde-t-il un débit rapide ?

Les utilisateurs Reddit soulignent que les forfaits illimités comportent un seuil après lequel le débit diminue. Les seuils et les débits rapportés varient selon les offres, et les avis divergent sur l’utilité de la connexion une fois ralentie. Certains trouvent les limites clairement affichées, tandis que d’autres estiment la présentation trompeuse.

Ubigi fournit-il un numéro pour les appels et SMS ?

Les retours Reddit décrivent Ubigi comme une eSIM de données sans numéro local, utilisable pour les messageries et les appels par Internet. Certains utilisateurs conservent les appels ou SMS de leur ligne habituelle grâce aux appels Wi-Fi, selon leur opérateur et leur configuration. L’absence de numéro local peut compliquer certaines réservations ou inscriptions nécessitant un SMS.