GigSky

GigSky, packshot

Idéal pour : Idéal pour les voyageurs passant par plusieurs pays et bénéficiant d’une offre GigSky avec une carte Visa éligible, selon les retours Reddit.

En bref : Les utilisateurs Reddit décrivent GigSky comme une eSIM généralement fiable, facile à installer et pratique pour voyager entre plusieurs pays. Les avantages liés à certaines cartes Visa sont appréciés, mais les tarifs hors promotion et les retours contrastés sur la connexion en croisière restent des réserves.

Note de consensus

8.0/10

#3 sur 17 · eSIM voyage

selon Reddit

Score de sentiment82 % positifs
Positifs28
Neutres4
Négatifs2

Au-delà de ce modèle, la marque GigSky (toutes gammes) recueille 67 % d'avis positifs sur 42 utilisateurs Reddit. Ce signal marque ne compte pas dans la note du modèle ci-dessus.

Points forts

Activation simple

7 0

« For china, I switched to gigsky instead and they were solid in every way: setup, speed and coverage (even in more remote spots). » Voir l’avis

« Downloaded the app, tried the free esim the they offer, bought a plan and I was online in like 2 minutes. » Voir l’avis

« Setup was super easy and the speeds were decent. » Voir l’avis

Connexion stable

11 0

« I've also tried eSIMs with free trials like Nomad and GigSky and they work fine as long as the server is in the Europe. » Voir l’avis

« I’ve done 5 Japan trips in 3 years and have used holafly, GigSky, Airalo, Saily without issue » Voir l’avis

« I've had really good success with GigSky. » Voir l’avis

Réception appréciée

11 1

« For china, I switched to gigsky instead and they were solid in every way: setup, speed and coverage (even in more remote spots). » Voir l’avis

« I did learn on my last cruise from an enertainer that "gig sky" will work on the on board cell towers. » Voir l’avis

« Some “global” eSIMs from providers like GigSky/BNESIM/etc. cover everything, but speeds/pricing vary a lot » Voir l’avis

Assistance efficace

2 1

« I like that it has a flexible global and regional plans (handy if you’re working from different spots), notifications on data use, and fast response from their support if you need assistance. » Voir l’avis

« Super easy and the app support were super responsive. » Voir l’avis

Débit apprécié

4 1

« For china, I switched to gigsky instead and they were solid in every way: setup, speed and coverage (even in more remote spots). » Voir l’avis

« Setup was super easy and the speeds were decent. » Voir l’avis

« I used it last time and speeds were decent for maps and socials. » Voir l’avis

Fonctions adaptées

4 0

« Before I left home I got a free travel esim from GigSky with 0.5GB of data. » Voir l’avis

« Would not recommend more than 500mb a day for these SIMs though, would just use Roamless, Airalo, or GigSky. » Voir l’avis

« Last time I used gigsky and it was good for the usual stuff like socials, maps, and some browsing. » Voir l’avis

Points faibles

Aucun point faible notable.

CritèreNote /10Ce qu'en dit le consensus
Couverture8.0Les utilisateurs Reddit rapportent une bonne couverture dans plusieurs destinations, parfois en zone rurale, mais des résultats contrastés en croisière.
Support6.6Les utilisateurs Reddit évoquent une assistance réactive dans plusieurs cas, mais aussi une demande restée sans réponse et l’absence de ligne téléphonique.
Prix4.6Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient les avantages Visa et les essais gratuits, tout en jugeant souvent les tarifs ordinaires élevés.
Usages5.0Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient GigSky pour les cartes, les réseaux sociaux, les courriels et la navigation lors de voyages.
Fiabilité9.7Les utilisateurs Reddit rapportent majoritairement des connexions stables et des voyages sans incident.
Installation9.9Les utilisateurs Reddit décrivent une installation rapide, une application pratique et des recharges faciles.
Vitesse6.4Les utilisateurs Reddit jugent généralement les débits adaptés aux usages courants, avec un signalement de forte latence au Canada.
Transparence4.1Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient certaines alertes de consommation, mais regrettent le manque de précision sur les limites d’une offre illimitée.
Mis à jour le 2026-09-29Comment on calcule

Avis Reddit

40 avis analysés · Positifs 28 Neutres 4 Négatifs 2

  • mrskeptical00 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Holafly debuts its one-of-a-kind eSIM Global Data plan

    *“Holafly is moving beyond being a travel data solution to becoming the world’s first truly international mobile operator. Roaming is finished. The future of telecom is borderless, effortless, and built on software, not outdated plastic SIMs,” says CEO Pablo Gomez.* Hyperbole much? Saily & Gigsky have monthly plans already and Airalo has a yearly global plan with a phone number. Unless you’re using more than 25GB a month multiple countries a subscription plan doesn’t make sense. The differentiator is a monthly plan *with* a phone number. While I think this is a very niche service - I’m a big fan of how competition drives innovation up and prices down.

  • hjicons 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim for a cruise

    This one is promoted as a cruise solution but it's not cheap. https://www.gigsky.com/ Check with Airalo if they provide service at sea but I doubt it. Look at cruise plan. When at sea the provider is Cellular at Sea https://cellularatsea.com/

  • squirrelcop3305 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • trek123 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ChumNoy 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · looking for an eSIM for paris/spain

    No problem! I've also tried eSIMs with free trials like Nomad and GigSky and they work fine as long as the server is in the Europe. Eskimo eSIM is based in Singapore so the ping was too high 300+ making it unusable. Roamless was great but also expensive + you don't get a phone number. It's not a one size fits all. A little warning about Orange Travel eSIM. If you purchase a 1GB or 4GB plan with calling, they assign you a Polish number instead of a French one. Their chat support told me that, which was very helpful as I almost bought one just for local calling in France. I started off on an Orange Travel eSIM (Europe 100GB) for $40. When I wanted to top-up the same eSIM, they want $60 otherwise to do that. Or I could purchase a new eSIM with a new number for the "promo" price. That didn't make sense to me so I shopped around and hence ended up on Lebara for now. Hope this helps!

    Pas cher
  • Objective-Cellist679 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Need help, eSim for China

    There are a bunch of mixed reviews. I’ve tried airalo and holafly in other countries, but it was a headache having to deal with support when my data ran out super fast. For china, I switched to gigsky instead and they were solid in every way: setup, speed and coverage (even in more remote spots). I used expressvpn too for full access. You can test it out for free before buying anything btw.

    ActivationAsie
  • ekiledjian 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Roamless travel data eSIM - $5 free credit with coupon code: ESIM5

    Why would anyone use these guys? They are way too expensive. As an example, they charge 7,45 per GB for the Philippines, I can buy 10GB (30days) from Jetpac for $22. Saily has the same 10GB for $17.99. Even the expensive Gogsky has that pack for $27.99. Why would anyone pay roamless $74? Staff traveler sells their global eSIM, 10GB for $38.

    Asie
  • ISpeakMyMind101 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · E sim/ sim per 8 giorni

    I did it all when I arrived in Scotland. Before I left home I got a free travel esim from GigSky with 0.5GB of data. That was more than enough to use maps to get from the airport to my hotel. I connected to the hotel WiFi and I signed up for Lyca there.

    EuropePas cher
  • bababa-519 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • NBAFAN9000 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Fit_Cup1578 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here!

    I've found that Airalo does not work reliably in my experience. And if you're encounter a problem Airalo does not help you. Their support chatbot is there to turn you away. Just read the complaints on [r/airalo](https://www.reddit.com/r/airalo/) I've had really good success with GigSky. They are really reliable, cost less than Airalo and Holafly and if you're a Visa credit cardholder (which just about everyone is), you get really great benefits.

    Pas cher
  • Cheeky_Star 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • heatherclaire17 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Recommend esim for USA mexico?

    I did learn on my last cruise from an enertainer that "gig sky" will work on the on board cell towers. It's expensive for an esim but way eay cheaper then the cruise internet packages.

    Pas cher
  • Icy_Bodybuilder5688 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Global (Europe + Armenia & Georgia) Esim for 90 days?

    Honestly, Armenia and Georgia are what make this tricky. A lot of “Europe” eSIMs don’t actually include them, even if the marketing makes it sound global-ish. For your usage though, I’d probably stop looking at the typical tourist 5–20GB plans and focus on either: * regional Europe+ plans that explicitly include Armenia and Georgia * or a global/pay-as-you-go eSIM with good roaming agreements For that amount of data (50GB+ monthly), Airalo and similar popular travel apps can get expensive pretty quickly. They’re fine for lighter users, but once you start needing hundreds of GB over 90 days, local/regional setups often make more sense. Honestly, one of the better approaches could be: use a Europe regional eSIM for most countries, then buy a cheap local eSIM in Armenia/Georgia when you arrive. Both countries usually have surprisingly affordable local data compared to Western Europe. You’d probably save quite a bit that way. If you really want one eSIM for the entire trip without switching: * Nomad sometimes has decent regional coverage including Georgia * Roamless is flexible and works well across countries, but heavy data use can become expensive * Some “global” eSIMs from providers like GigSky/BNESIM/etc. cover everything, but speeds/pricing vary a lot Also just a warning: “unlimited” plans are often not truly unlimited. A lot of them throttle hard after 20–50GB, especially on roaming networks. For your budget, under $70/month for 50GB+ across Europe + Caucasus is possible, but probably not with a single perfect all-in-one package. Mixing one regional eSIM with cheap local top-ups might honestly give you the best experience and value.

    AsieEurope
  • JonCL22 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for China

    Alipay ones are usually starting at 3RMB, they just used Trip.com so I switched to some other seller for a third. It’s not bad, but it’s just cheap Hong Kong data so you can avoid the GFW. Would not recommend more than 500mb a day for these SIMs though, would just use Roamless, Airalo, or GigSky.

    Asie
  • ilovetoyap 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best Travel Esim for the FIFA WORLD CUP 2026

    I know G*gsky is banned here due to spamming but I have used this promo in Canada. Since I have a US based account it seems to override using it here, and it's one free plan per eligible card a year for 15 days. 1-3gb depending on the type of Visa.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Best Travel Esim for the FIFA WORLD CUP 2026

    Ah yes, you're right -- it was _unlimited_ for the seven days, not the 1-3 gb that comes with the other plans. I don't use more than 2 gb per day so I never noticed the difference. I happened to only be in Canada for 3 days so it was fine for me.

    Illimité
  • ehhthing 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best Travel Esim for the FIFA WORLD CUP 2026

    There’s a specific deal for World Cup which is 7 or 3 days “unlimited” (they don’t say what the FUP is) in “North America”. Likely throttles significantly after 2-5 gigabytes in a day, but it is free and you can’t really beat that. My experience testing their product in Canada is that the latency is awful though, so I probably wouldn’t use it.

    IllimitéPas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • Acceptable-Prompt401 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • tbone338 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Does gigsky use one eSIM forever?

    Okay, thanks! I have 4 Visa cards, 3 signature and 1 infinite. So, a total of 6GB free. Outside of that, the prices are much more expensive than Ubigi, so I’ll probably only use it for the visa benefits.

    Pas cher
  • PlasticSensitive6706 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Ok-Price4930 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo Vs AloSIM

    I've tried both but they didn't really workout for me. I now use gigsky for all my trips (frequently travels across Asia for work). Very reliable connection, never encountered any issues.

    Asie
  • Slight-Key-502 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for travel (multiple countries)

    I travel for work often and have tried many esims. Then I found gigsky and it has been my constant since. I like that it has a flexible global and regional plans (handy if you’re working from different spots), notifications on data use, and fast response from their support if you need assistance.

    Remboursement
  • internetmomtoday 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Which eSIM is Best for Multi-Country Travel?

    Last time I used gigsky and it was good for the usual stuff like socials, maps, and some browsing. I checked that they cover more countries than airalo and the unlimited plan was good too. I tried the free trial in Japan and just stuck with it for my other trips

    IllimitéJaponPas cher
  • Odd_Crab4748 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Which eSIM is Best for Multi-Country Travel?

    I've been using gigsky eSIM for all my travels, and it’s been good. It made going from country to country more convenient plus the data deals are pretty affordable. Best to check their website for countries you're going to to check :)

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Can’t activate Holafly and I’m stuck in a customer service loop

    I had the same headache with holafly and gave up after a day of going in circles with their support. I switched to gigsky and it was quick. Downloaded the app, tried the free esim the they offer, bought a plan and I was online in like 2 minutes. Super easy and the app support were super responsive.

    ActivationPas cherRemboursement
  • Agreeable-Basket-476 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · eSim experience in Europe 2025

    I tried gigsky's free trial and it was good so I just stick with it. Setup was super easy and the speeds were decent. It worked good even in rural areas

    Activation
  • Leading_Map2305 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Lumpy-Tiger148 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Egypt (11 days) — Holafly vs Yesim vs Nomad?

    I used gigsky, I signed up with my visa and got a few free gbs, which was a nice bonus. The unlimited plan has fair use like most of them but I actually got alerts when I was close to hitting the limit, and speeds went back to normal the next day. I mostly used it for emails, socials, a bit of streaming and the coverage was solid in most places.

    IllimitéPas cher
  • Popular-Soup-4402 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • diakonaliligo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Whats the best eSIM for UK travel?

    You can try gigsky using a visa card and they will give some gbs for free. I used it last time and speeds were decent for maps and socials. The reliability made it worth it for me

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • TechnicalRabbit7749 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best eSim providers for USA?

    gigsky worked fine for me. Setup was super quick, speed was also good for browsing, emails and maps. When I needed to top up it was straightforward, and you can even test it a little before committing.

    Activation
  • kirklennon 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best eSim for Europe?

    It's not unlimited (though how much are you actually going to use anyway?), but I just wanted to throw out that [if you have a Visa card, GigSky has a free eSim offer](https://www.gigsky.com/visa/visa-offer) of 3GB or 1GB plans. If you have multiple Visa cards, you can stack them for additional data.

    Pas cher
  • Sensitive_Gazelle_68 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Has Anyone Used Gigsky on a Cruise?

    Used it on recent cruise. It only worked on land in the Dominican Republic. Otherwise, it dod not work at ALL. There is no support li e to call. I send a help message, but no response. My wife used Ubigi and it worked most of the time.

    Remboursement
  • westcoast-ninja 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • kei-bonjour 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • T_Wartooth 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    I would check or as AI if your credit card has any eSim rewards. I have a visa infinite card and there is a 10gb/15day eSim included with my card rewards. Doesn't hurt to do a quick check if you may already have one for free. You would have to confirm that the provider works where your going though. GigSky is the one my visa gives eSim through, and it works just fine in Tokyo.

    JaponPas cher
  • WyoGrads 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · esim sim card

    Same. Also try Ubigi, 1Global, or GigSky. I’ve use the all with success in different countries.

  • CleverTool 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Glass-Conclusion-424 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • NWSanta 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What is 1 day on an eSIM?

    When I've purchased them both from Airalo and Gigsky it's 24 hours from time of purchase. They simply stop working at that point.

  • Apprehensive_Depth16 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

Souvent comparé à

Questions fréquentes

GigSky vaut-il le prix ?

Les avis Reddit sont partagés : certains jugent le prix justifié par la fiabilité, tandis que d’autres trouvent des eSIM concurrentes moins chères. Les essais gratuits et les avantages de certaines cartes Visa reviennent souvent comme principaux motifs de choix.

GigSky fonctionne-t-il en croisière ?

Les retours Reddit ne permettent pas de garantir une connexion en mer : un utilisateur rapporte un fonctionnement uniquement à terre, alors qu’un autre évoque une compatibilité avec les antennes du navire. Certains présentent son coût comme inférieur aux forfaits internet du bateau, malgré un tarif élevé pour une eSIM.

GigSky est-il facile à installer ?

Les utilisateurs Reddit décrivent une installation simple et rapide via l’application. Ils apprécient également le suivi de la consommation et la facilité des recharges.

Les forfaits GigSky illimités ont-ils des limites ?

Les retours Reddit mentionnent une politique d’usage raisonnable pouvant réduire les débits. Un utilisateur apprécie les alertes à l’approche de la limite et le retour du débit le lendemain, tandis qu’un autre regrette l’absence de seuil clairement annoncé sur une offre particulière.