Orange Travel eSIM

Idéal pour : Idéal pour les voyageurs en Europe ayant de gros besoins en données et souhaitant, selon le forfait, disposer d’appels et de SMS.
En bref : Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient surtout la couverture d’Orange Travel en France et lors de voyages dans plusieurs pays européens, ainsi que les forfaits généreux en données. Ils signalent toutefois des prix parfois élevés, des échecs d’activation et un support de qualité inégale.
Au-delà de ce modèle, la marque Orange (toutes gammes) recueille 57 % d'avis positifs sur 115 utilisateurs Reddit. Ce signal marque ne compte pas dans la note du modèle ci-dessus.
Points forts
Réception appréciée
20 1
« Orange is the best network In France best coverage and data speeds » Voir l’avis
« If you want access to all networks (EE, O2, 3 UK, Vodafone) this is available on Orange Travel eSIMs. » Voir l’avis
« But in these three cities coverage will not be an issue. » Voir l’avis
Connexion stable
14 5
« Baught an orange travel for 10 days in Hokkaido about a month ago and my partner used one from nomad and we had no issues. » Voir l’avis
« I had very good experience this far using one . » Voir l’avis
« I used the European plan in November and it worked great. » Voir l’avis
Débit apprécié
10 3
« Orange is the best network In France best coverage and data speeds » Voir l’avis
« If you purchase 5G eSIM you get 5 G speeds . » Voir l’avis
« As far as I could see, not capped or throttled. » Voir l’avis
Assistance efficace
5 4
« One big plus I found: They offer support via chat rather than email, which I preferred. » Voir l’avis
« I prepurchased 3 for HK from orange and one was not able to be activated, and I contacted customer service and they immediately sent a new one. » Voir l’avis
« Their chat support told me that, which was very helpful as I almost bought one just for local calling in France. » Voir l’avis
Points faibles
Activation difficile
4 5
« I prepurchased 3 for HK from orange and one was not able to be activated, and I contacted customer service and they immediately sent a new one. » Voir l’avis
« Orange Travel is okay, but they are pretty expensive and their registration process can be a pain with passport data. » Voir l’avis
« Yeah, my Orange Travel app only seems to update the days remaining! » Voir l’avis
Prix jugé élevé
10 15
« For my trip i checked Arialo and Orange travel that ive used in the past for Europe… on both those companies the 20GB plan or equivalent was almost $10 more. » Voir l’avis
« But yes, Orange Travel is ok just a bit pricy and no 5G. » Voir l’avis
« I started off on an Orange Travel eSIM (Europe 100GB) for $40. » Voir l’avis
| Critère | Note /10 | Ce qu'en dit le consensus |
|---|---|---|
| Couverture | 7.9 | Les utilisateurs Reddit saluent surtout la couverture en France et en Europe, avec quelques limites locales et un intérêt marqué pour l’accès à plusieurs réseaux. |
| Usages | 4.4 | Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient les gros volumes, le partage de connexion et les appels selon l’offre, mais signalent des numéros étrangers inattendus et des limites d’appel. |
| Prix | 3.1 | Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient certaines promotions et grosses enveloppes, mais jugent parfois les petits forfaits et les recharges coûteux. |
| Fiabilité | 7.0 | Les utilisateurs Reddit relatent de nombreux séjours sans incident, tout en signalant plusieurs cas de service inutilisable dès l’arrivée. |
| Installation | 2.9 | Les utilisateurs Reddit décrivent une installation parfois simple, mais aussi des instructions confuses, des démarches d’enregistrement pénibles et des activations impossibles. |
| Vitesse | 6.7 | Les utilisateurs Reddit rapportent de bons débits, mais divergent sur l’accès à la 5G et mentionnent un plafond de 10 Mbps sur certaines offres illimitées. |
| Transparence | 3.1 | Les utilisateurs Reddit donnent des informations contradictoires sur l’illimité et regrettent un manque de clarté sur certaines conditions, les réseaux partenaires et l’origine du forfait. |
| Support | 5.4 | Les utilisateurs Reddit sont partagés entre un chat utile et des remplacements rapides, et une assistance difficile à joindre ou peu efficace. |
Avis Reddit
66 avis analysés · Positifs 35 Neutres 12 Négatifs 14
avis pertinents ·
-
trek123 🇬🇧
10 commentaires analysés
-
an-english-gent10 🇬🇧
10 commentaires analysés
r/eSIMs · I'm going to France soon and I'd like some advice on eSIM? Orange France holiday eSIM Orange is the best network In France best coverage and data speeds But no unlimited data on the holiday eSIM I'm English and live in France any questions feel free to ask
r/eSIMs · I'm going to France soon and I'd like some advice on eSIM? Orange focuses on the quality and service of its network And fir quality it does cost a bit more but its worth it I use an iPhone 14 Pro max My plan which is an old monthly contract plan does have unlimited data but its no longer available They don't offer unlimited data on the holiday eSIM plans
r/eSIMs · Planning a trip to France, need advice on eSIMs Orange France holiday eSIM Orange has the best coverage in France and fastest data speeds I am British and live in France I haven't been anywhere where I've not had a signal on orange on my iPhone 14 Pro max
r/eSIMs · 15 day trip in France and Spain Yes the Orange France holiday eSIM works In the EU and UK
r/eSIMs · Orange or Ubigi for Europe? Orange France holiday eSIM Orange is the best network In France best coverage and fastest data speeds Plus the company focuses on the quality of its network And service
r/eSIMs · Looking for a reliable eSIM for 9-day trip to France and Spain (optional hotspot support) Orange France holiday eSIM Orange are the best network In France best coverage and data speeds
r/eSIMs · eSIM for Europe including Monaco? Orange France holiday eSIM Orange Is the best network In France
r/eSIMs · Going to Netherlands, Denmark, and then London thinking of using Vodafone for eSims. Orange France holiday esim which can be purchased online
r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Travel in France and Barcelona? Orange holiday eSIM search for it online Orange has the best mobile network coverage and data speeds in France
r/eSIMs · Abroad for 9+ months and need eSIM / phone plane advice Orange France holiday eSIM Orange has the best coverage in France and fastest data speeds
-
SubstanceEasy4576 🇬🇧
14 commentaires analysés
r/eSIMs · UK/EU cheaper than UK alone? Roaming on 3 is likely to be cheaper to the provider than roaming on EE. If you want better latency, tourist eSIMs are available directly from UK networks. For example, EE UK tourist eSIM, unlimited data for 7 days costs £15. Unlike Airalo, this is actually unlimited, it won't cut off after using 3 GB during a day. https://ee.co.uk/mobile/travel-esim-uk If you want access to all networks (EE, O2, 3 UK, Vodafone) this is available on Orange Travel eSIMs. 5G is available on all four. https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/united-kingdom London has more mobile coverage issues than any other capital city in Europe, partly as a complication of it being very difficult to place mast sites in London. Highly complex planning and high site costs had led to a situation where the number of mast sites in London isn't sufficient to offer a consistently high quality service, and this applies to all networks. Indoor coverage gaps are widespread. For this reason, having access to multiple networks is preferable. If using Orange, I'd probably use network selection to connect to EE initially - since performance is more consistent. After that, I'd leave network selection on automatic so the phone can connect to an alternative if coverage on EE is lost.
r/eSIMs · Ubigi Unlimited isn't unlimted, it has an upper limit and you'll get cut off. Disappointing, but not entirely unsurprising. Only a small minority of travel eSIMs are truly unlimited - most enforce a large speed reduction after only moderate usage, with or without additional FUP criteria. The reduction in speed is often so large that streaming becomes impossible. Plans offering a fixed high data allowance are usually cheaper than unlimited and free of throttling. I do find it disappointing that Ubigi cut you off entirely, despite only being able to use data at restricted speed. In my opinion, this just shouldn't occur. The quantity of data you used was relatively high but not unusual. Any claim that they are "protecting the network" is nonsense. They are solely concerned about how much they have to pay their roaming partners if a large number of GB are used. It's not their role to "protect" any network. Mobile networks themselves are sometimes concerned about very heavy usage when this is occurring on congested mast sites, and do at times restrict speeds to ensure that the mast remains usable for everyone. But, this isn't an issue for any third party to worry about. What I'd like to see is an end to "unlimited" offers which aren't unlimited. I'd much prefer to see a fixed but high data allowance eg. 150 GB/30 days, 250 GB, 500 GB etc. What's the alternative if I really do need unlimited data? Orange Travel provide an unlimited data option with a speed cap of 10 Mbps, the speed cap is fixed irrespective of data usage. You can use up to 100 GB per day ie. you can use 10 Mbps continuously for almost but not quite 24 hours per day. Full HD streaming on a single device is possible at 10 Mbps, but 4K streaming is not. Orange Travel do not speed cap their large data allowance plans eg. 200 GB, 500 GB etc. These are generally a better option if you want to share the connection since 10 Mbps unlimited plans work well on a single device but not so much when multiple devices are using the connection. When travelling to a single destination, unlimited or ultra high data allowance plans are available by purchasing a prepaid plan direct from a mobile network. For example, for the UK, EE sell unlimited data tourist eSIMs. EE's fair usage policy on unlimited plans is 600 GB per month uncapped, followed by the possibility of speed restrictions.
r/eSIMs · Best esim for mexico? There are only a small number of unlimited data options for Mexico. One which won't cut you off or drop to unusable speeds is the Orange Travel unlimited plan. Speeds are capped at 10 Mbps, but for your usage, this would work. Even when YouTube videos are HD, they will run at 10 Mbps - and if they don't, it's an issue with the local network and not the speed cap. https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/mexico Even if you streamed YouTube for 24 hours a day, this plan wouldn't stop working. Coverage is via Telcel, AT&T and Movistar. If one isnf working, you can temporarily switch off automatic network selection in your phone setting and choose one of the alternatives.
r/eSIMs · Uk for four days. Help 😭 There are a large range of very similar travel SIMs. Buying a UK prepaid SIM on a 30 day plan is also possible, but this option makes little sense for trips as short as yours. Instead, I would purchase a 7 day plan on a travel SIM providing acesss to multiple networks. The UK has the worst mobile coverage in Europe, which is partly due to exceptionally difficult planning regulations. In some areas, the majority of applications to build cell sites were rejected by councils. Even in London, they are large areas of outdoor-only service. Having access to multiple networks is useful when you have no idea about the coverage in the places that you're travelling to. Orange Travel eSIMs provide access to all four UK networks, which is convenient. Once you land, the travel eSIM you've already downloaded should be switched on. Data roaming is switched on for the Orange SIM and off for your usual SIM. If it doesn't connect quickly, reboot your phone. https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/united-kingdom Suitable plans for your type of usage would be 1 GB /7 days if you anticipate light use, or 3GB if you think you'll be on social media a lot. If you're going to be streaming video a lot, you can buy more data.
r/eSIMs · SIM for london You could get the Orange Travel eSIM as the 20GB for 14 days option. This costs £15.99 or equivalent. https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/united-kingdom You don't need to cancel this eSIM, it lasts only for the duration you purchase. Orange Travel is a good option in the UK because it provides access to all four network providers: EE UK, 3, Vodafone and O2. 4G and 5G are available on all, coverage permitting. Multi-network SIMs are a good idea when travelling to the UK due to the unusually large number of locations with poor coverage. Using Oxford as an example, there are areas of the city centre with fringe outdoor-only service on some networks. Unless you've been on a similar trip before, you won't know which network works best at the locations where you're staying.
r/eSIMs · best eSIM for UK?? You can buy an eSIM directly from a UK network such as the EE tourist SIM. If you want access to all networks (EE, 3, Vodafone, O2) on 4G+5G, this is available on the Orange Travel eSIM. Because problems with coverage are frequent in the UK, including in major cities, having access to multiple networks can be very useful.
r/eSIMs · Travelling to Europe for 12 days, need help deciding on an esim Hi, First of all, the unlimited warning! The vast majority of unlimited data travel eSIMs are far from being truly unlimited. Most throttle data to 2G speeds after using a moderate amount, with either daily caps or a total cap for the life of the plan. On the other hand, it's extremely easy and less expensive to buy data bundles up to 50 GB. If you need more than 50 GB.... Orange Travel do unlimited data (well, up to a vast 100 GB per day) capped to a download speed of 10 Mbps. At this speed, streaming in full HD works normally, but 4K streaming does not. Vodafone Travel do unlimited data where the first 5 GB per day is full speed, and usage above this is capped to 5 Mbps. Unlike most "Unlimited" data travel eSIMs where data over the threshold is literally strangulated, standard definition video streaming and browsing continue to work on this plan. Prices: Vodafone Unlimited with speed policy as above, Europe plan, £28 (or equivalent) for 15 days. Orange Travel unlimited with 10 Mbps speed cap, Europe plan. £35.99 (or equivalent) for 15 days. Orange (uncapped, full speed) Europe plan. 50 GB for £36.99 or 100 GB for £39.99. Ubigi (probably the current most popular travel eSIM for Europe). 25 GB for 30 days, 29 USD (or equivalent). 50 GB for 30 days, 54 USD. Ubigi sell "Unlimited" data but I won't list prices because they throttle speeds after moderate usage and attempting much usage after the cap can lead to being cut off. Like most sellers, the "Unlimited" bundles therefore border on fraudulent. I hope this is useful.
r/eSIMs · 10 day travel from BiH to Spain Hi, It sounds like the 90 GB package you're looking at is from Vodafone Spain. Vodafone Spain do a 90 GB package on prepaid but this isn't a SIM intended for much use outside Spain. Data usage in the EU is capped at 13 GB on Vodafone Spain's S plan, and it wouldn't be suitable for Bosnia since it's not part of the EU (no inclusive data there). Very low cost plans like 90 GB for $10 are domestic plans with limited roaming data only. From what you've said, you're looking for a travel eSIM, not a SIM from any specific country like Vodafone Spain. These are inevitably more expensive than single country plans when you're needing 50 GB data. Your options are to get a travel eSIM which covers both Bosnia and EU countries, which would generally be more expensive. Or, to get an eSIM which covers all EU countries and a separate low cost eSIM for Bosnia. I'd get separate SIMs personally because these are available from familiar companies. For example, using Orange Travel... 50 GB Europe plan (covering Spain, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia etc) costs £36.99 (or equivalent). 1 GB / 7 days in Bosnia costs £3.99. (Plans with more data are available if you wish).
r/eSIMs · Europe with hotspot for 30 days Hi, In the UK, Orange Travel eSIM provides both 4G and 5G access to EE, Vodafone, O2 and Three UK. If you find that a particular network isn't working well, or the network doesn't connect, you can turn automatic network selection off in your phone settings and select the preferred choice out of the UK's four MNOs (EE, Vodafone, O2, Three). The roaming partners table on Orange's website is not up to date. Since Orange Travel is owned by Orange SA (formerly France Telecom), I would expect the eSIM to provide 5G on Orange France, but it's also likely that it provides 5G access to other French networks.
r/eSIMs · What eSIM do you recommend? Hi, Many options. Orange Travel has the advantage of permitting connection to all UK networks. 5G is available on all. If the eSIM doesn't work immediately, ensure that data roaming has been switched on for the eSIM (this is a separate setting to data roaming for your usual SIM). If it still doesn't connect automatically or data isn't working, go back to SIM settings and select a network manually (EE, Vodafone, O2 or Three). Once it's working, change network selection back to automatic. If you need to select a network manually, I'd choose EE initially because it's typically the most consistent. If you move network selection back to automatic, it will switch to another network if EE don't have coverage inside a particularly building. https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/united-kingdom
r/eSIMs · EU esim that uses multiple preferred partner networks You're welcome. Stellar eSIM is another low cost option you could consider. 10 GB (30 days) costs €9.76. Voucher codes are also available. This eSIM doesn't provide more than one network in every country (whereas Orange Travel does, except for obscure locations). There are usually multiple partners though eg. Belgium - Proximus, Orange and Base. Croatia - Tele2 and A1. France - SFR, Bouygues, Free and Orange. Germany - O2 and Vodafone. Spain - Orange, Movistar and Vodafone. UK - O2, Vodafone and 3UK. https://stellarsecurity.com/stellar-esim/europe-esim
r/eSIMs · EU esim that uses multiple preferred partner networks Orange Travel eSIM would be a reasonable option. Even in countries where Orange have a mobile network, access to multiple additional roaming partners is usually provided. I am not certain that my list is up to date, but some examples of Orange roaming partners are shown below. Spain - Orange, Movistar, Vodafone. France - Orange, Bouygues, Free, SFR. Germany - O2, Telekom, Vodafone. Italy - TIM, WindTre, Iliad, Vodafone-Fastweb. UK - EE, O2, Vodafone. Greece - Cosmote, Nova (Wind), Vodafone.
r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it? Hi, The majority of travel eSIMs are data only. To be honest, it's unlikely that you'd want one which supported telephone calls and SMS because it would cost your friends a lot of money to call/SMS a Japanese phone number. Using a data-only travel eSIM, you can continue to send 'texts' via Internet-based applications such as Apple iMessage, FB Messenger and WhatsApp but cannot send traditional SMS. Similarly, you can make Internet-based 'calls' using Apple FaceTime, WhatsApp or other apps, but cannot make standard phone calls. With all travel eSIMs, it's usual to buy and download the SIM in advance. Just leave the SIM switched off in your phone settings. Once you land in Japan, you turn the SIM on. If you want to avoid T mobile roaming fees, you may want to switch your normal SIM off before you land in Japan. I don't know what's included or not included in your plan, but roaming fees can be triggered by using data, sending SMS, receiving phone calls or making phone calls using your T mobile SIM while abroad. Holafly are well known but much more expensive than some of the alternatives. Stellar eSIM and eSIM.Dog are among the least expensive eSIMs you can buy to use in Japan. Stellar do 3 GB of data (30 day validity) in Japan for €0.54. https://stellarsecurity.com/stellar-esim/japan-esim/3gb-30-days-p2ajzd4yx eSIM.Dog do 3 GB (30 day validity) in Japan for €0.66 on the Blue plan, which allows access to multiple networks. Orange Travel (a large company owned by the Orange group / France Telecom) also do plans for Japan if you'd prefer to go with a major company. For example, they do 1 GB for 7 days for £0.99. It sounds like your data usage is low, so I've not suggested any plans with large allowances, but the providers above all offer low cost plans with large data allowances if that's what you'd prefer. I've used eSIM.Dog myself and had no issues. I have never used Stellar. eSIM.Dog
r/eSIMs · Esim Morocco- unlimited data Orange Travel SIM is certainly an option if you want to buy in advance. Orange do provide unlimited data options, but the download speed is limited to 10 Mbps on unlimited plans. On Orange Travel eSIMs, you can use other networks if the Orange Morocco network doesn't have service. This doesn't apply if you buy a Moroccan Orange SIM rather than the travel SIM, that would be restricted to the Orange network alone. I'd consider carefully how much data you actually need, using your previous data usage over WiFi plus your usage over mobile data. Few people actually need unlimited data. Orange Travel sell 50 GB packages for a very reasonable price. Unlike the unlimited plans, these do *not* have a speed cap. For many, buying 50 GB would work out much better value than the speed-capped unlimited package because they would only ever need to purchase 1 or 2 packs. If you do need more than 50 GB, you can buy another 50 GB when you run out. If you think you will need more than 150 GB data per 30 days, the speed capped unlimited option would be cheaper. You could also purchase a prepaid SIM from one of the Moroccan networks. For example, Inwi do "Unlimited" data for one month for 520 DH, although I believe it's restricted after 100 GB has been used. So, not truly unlimited. Maroc Telecom sell prepaid SIMs which you can charge with data. They do 100 GB for 500 DH and 200 GB for 1000 DH.
-
nomescriba 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it? I did [Nomad](http://nomadesim.com/japan-eSim) the 20GB plan while the pokemon fest, in 8 days used about 17GBs and was using heavily. I usually set up and add to the phone before the trip, and once i land that it sees the japanese network that is when they count it as active. For my trip i checked Arialo and Orange travel that ive used in the past for Europe… on both those companies the 20GB plan or equivalent was almost $10 more. With Nomad I got majority 5G networks, i only did Tokyo btw.
-
ArridScorpion 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Want to hear recent experiences with Orange Orange is a great network in France. Yes, easy to set up. Mixed reviews ? Not just with Orange, but most poor reviews are caused by ‘operator error’ people without a clue about technology, what they are doing etc. Like my old neighbour back in England - Their, and I quote “fucking shit ee io oo phone card won’t fucking work, can you help. I am going to Span tomorrow” Me : Thing Is, Pat (a woman in her sixties) An Airalo not ee io oo travel eSIM is designed for smart phones with Internet connectivity. Your phone is an Alcatel phone with just talk and text functionality. Airalo can’t possibly work on your phone” Also, go on YouTube and watch a video or two about orange travel eSIMs, that will help you.
-
enETL2 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Orange Travel - false advertising? Did you read the full terms and conditions? Various website (that still have the info) say activation. The orange website doesn't show t&c anymore. https://www.amazon.com/100GB-eSIM-Unlimited-Worldwide-Immediately/dp/B0D9P2BLJ8 > Must first use before 9th October 2024 else 50GB Holiday eSIM https://holidayesim.com › orange-h... Orange Europe eSIM 100 GB Until October 9, 2024, activating your Holiday eSIM Europe plan will automatically provide you with 100GB instead of 50GB at no extra cost
-
MidwestGeek52 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/JapanTravelTips · Best sim for a 20 day trip (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka) Just happened across this post. I recently used [Orange Travel](https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/japan) in Europe. While I can't speak for Japan, Orange partners with major telcos (check which ones it uses in Japan). They have plans that include phone calls. One big plus I found: They offer support via chat rather than email, which I preferred. More like having a conversation w/support rather than emailing and waiting for someone to respond. Recommend knowing all your phone screens that have eSIM/SIM-related settings: SIM mobile data, roaming, etc. If you have a problem, they'll ask you to upload settings screenshots.
-
MDthrowItaway 🇬🇧
2 commentaires analysés
r/JapanTravelTips · I need Esim advice. I was BADLY burnt by Ubigi. Baught an orange travel for 10 days in Hokkaido about a month ago and my partner used one from nomad and we had no issues. I prepurchased 3 for HK from orange and one was not able to be activated, and I contacted customer service and they immediately sent a new one.
r/JapanTravelTips · First time in Japan, completely lost on which eSIM to pick? I used orange travel and it worked flawlessly in Hokkaido even in fairly rural areas. It was the cheapest when I searched around this summer. My wife got a Nomad esim and had no issues either.
-
Antique_Excitement20 🇬🇧
7 commentaires analysés
r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Orange? Here to disagree on what most people say on Orange. Orange Travel sells plans with lower network priority and on most plans only 4G. Data is routed over Poland or France depending on the plan you choose. Quality will depend on if you get a French or Polish Orange plan. But they don't say upfront. And the unlimited plans are capped at 10 mbps. Airalo often works with KPN (Dutch) in Europe. Who let you roam on 5G in Europe more often than Orange, and offer better speeds. Other routing partners of Airalo are Webbing, Plus and Telna. They all have European access points. just like Orange. I prefer Ubigi and GoMoWorld over Airalo in Europe, but Airalo is solid. People confuse Orange Travel and Vodafone Travel with the actual European Network Operators. But you do not get the same product. Quality is not the same.
r/eSIMs · Traveling from the US to multiple countries in the EU for 2 weeks. I have eSIM questions. Orange Travel only offers 4G/LTE. But in these three cities coverage will not be an issue. I wouldn’t worry about coverage unless you plan on visiting remote places in France or Spain. If you’re ok with just 4G you’ll be fine. Personally I prefer GoMoWorld and Ubigi in Europe, but it also depends on how much data you need and if you need voice included . And if you don’t need much data a budget plan from MobiMatter or esim4travel will also do the trick. But yes, Orange Travel is ok just a bit pricy and no 5G. Orange had its own networks in France and Spain (and Belgium if you travel over land), in the Netherlands it would likely roam on KPN.
r/eSIMs · Esim Morocco- unlimited data They do cap: Speed up to 10MB/s – up to 100GB/day is even mentioned on the Orange Travel website (that means it's capped from the start). Maya Mobile had 5 GB per day and 5 Mbps after.
r/eSIMs · Esim Morocco- unlimited data Both Maya and Orange roam on Orange Moroc, what is not the best network in Morocco (but fine in larger cities). Orange recently started capping speeds on unlimited from te start, Maya is pretty ok with 5GB a day (or even more I saw). I think Ubigi offers better value, as they also work on Moroc Telecom. Personally, I would not but an Unlimited Travel eSIM for Morocco however. A local eSIM you can purchase on arrival is much cheaper without the same restricting fair use policies. A Moroc Unlimited plans costs you 300 Dirham on arrival (about 32 USD). That of course if you really need unlimited data.
r/eSIMs · Unlimited Data Egypt What you're looking for doesn't exist (not at Bytesim either). Every now and then a few countries are added where local providers can introduce more or less truly unlimited plans, but Egypt isn't one of them. i tested a Bytesim plan once and it was throttled from te start. The options mentioned here (Maya Mobile and Supera) also 100% have a limit. I do know 2 alternatives you could consider: Maya Mobile (the old version, click on "old site" on their homepage) and Orange Travel both offer 100 GB plans. Otherwise: Truely offers 5 GB per day. Ubigi has a plan with 60 GB and 2 Mbps afterwards. Those are still the best options that include hotspot. You seem certain about this, but more than 100 GB for one trip is genuinely extreme, even when using your phone as a hotspot. I'd double-check whether you really need that much. Unlimited plans offer a false sense of security.
r/eSIMs · Best choice for eSIM? ’m currently in Greece and have been testing some eSIMs for work. Recommendations: Nomad (Europe plan), GoMoWorld (also Europe). They won’t help you with voice though, unless you have Wi-Fi calling. If you don’t have voice, esimo offers a temporary number for voice and text. I wouldn’t necessarily get their eSIM, but the app also works for calls and SMS. Not recommended in my opinion: Orange travel (the only one limited to 4G) and Holafly (no upload, so VoIP doesn’t work).
r/eSIMs · Best hotspot eSIM in Malta? Like others said, a local plan would be your best bet. If that’s not possible for whatever reason, Orange Travel has unlimited plans is some European countries (including Malta) that are not subject to a fair use policy. Using 10 to 20 GB per day via hotspot is possible. They only cut you off if they suspect fraud from unusual usage patterns (for example, using the eSIM in a router and connect several devices). In my experience, you get a Polish ip from Orange Poland. Still, a local plan is your best bet.
-
7Quixotic 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Leaving for Europe in a few days, need eSIM Orange eSIM works really good . If you purchase 5G eSIM you get 5 G speeds . I had very good experience this far using one .
-
tim_gou 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Be careful with esims "unlimited" data offers I felt super duped by Holafly when I tried them in Europe. Capped after a while, completely unable to do most basic stuff apart from emails. I encountered Orange Travel on my latest Paris trip. I guess I saw an ad before traveling. It felt safe that they are a big local telco (they have stores etc..). The data volumes they provide are huge (I took a 100gb offer which was plenty). As far as I could see, not capped or throttled.
-
ChumNoy 🇬🇧
2 commentaires analysés
r/eSIMs · looking for an eSIM for paris/spain No problem! I've also tried eSIMs with free trials like Nomad and GigSky and they work fine as long as the server is in the Europe. Eskimo eSIM is based in Singapore so the ping was too high 300+ making it unusable. Roamless was great but also expensive + you don't get a phone number. It's not a one size fits all. A little warning about Orange Travel eSIM. If you purchase a 1GB or 4GB plan with calling, they assign you a Polish number instead of a French one. Their chat support told me that, which was very helpful as I almost bought one just for local calling in France. I started off on an Orange Travel eSIM (Europe 100GB) for $40. When I wanted to top-up the same eSIM, they want $60 otherwise to do that. Or I could purchase a new eSIM with a new number for the "promo" price. That didn't make sense to me so I shopped around and hence ended up on Lebara for now. Hope this helps!
r/eSIMs · Are these the same? It uses the orange network and connects to 5G although I find that my Ubigi eSIM on my iPhone XR is sometimes faster on 4G / LTE than orange. Ubigi is using Bouygues, SFR, and/or Free
-
howdog55 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Are these the same? Can't wait for it to release to android users, want to test over holafly.
-
NewMoose_2023 🇬🇧
2 commentaires analysés
r/eSIMs · Worst company eTravelSim. Who knows better alternatives for Egypt? Orange has 20 GB over 30 days for $45.99 - this might have local IP (since all the travel eSIMs look like they roam over Orange) [https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/egypt](https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/egypt) Nesa mobile has 20 GB over 30 days ( reloadable) for $32.50 - exit node is UK or Norway Ubigi has 10 GB over 30 days for $26. Airalo has 10 GB over 30 days for $44. They also have an unlimited option but it throttles to 1 Mbps after 3 GB a day. Looks like data in Egypt is just expensive. Would you be able to get some local after you land? That's usually cheaper.
r/eSIMs · Looking for eSIM Recommendations for Upcoming Europe Trip (Sweden, France, Germany) How much data are you looking for? We did Scandinavia recently and used Nesa Mobile and it was great. Also had devices on Ubigi and [esim.sm](http://esim.sm) (which uses Plus Poland). Good speeds on all of them and low latency. But we didn't need a lot of data. Orange Travel is good if you are look for A LOT of data. But their smaller packages are pretty expensive. Maybe take a look at Mobimatter Sparks. [https://mobimatter.com/travel-esim/sparks-europe-usa-15+3-gb-free-esim?destination=europe](https://mobimatter.com/travel-esim/sparks-europe-usa-15+3-gb-free-esim?destination=europe) It's 18 GB for $17.99 There's also a 25 GB plan for $24.49. Both are good for 30 days. They use Plus Poland so their ping times are pretty good for Scandinavia.
-
wuchie 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Leaving for Europe in a few days, need eSIM I'm considered using this one. No issue with activating it after you're there? I was going to get the Europe e-simm , going to 6 countries. I think I can share the data using my phone as hot spot.
-
Parking-Valuable7159 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Travelling to Morocco Thanks all - I’ve gone for an Orange travel eSIM. Their 50gb offering was on offer at £15.99
-
Relevant-Support-331 🇬🇧
2 commentaires analysés
r/eSIMs · eSIM recommendations for France and Finland! I went with Orange Travel. had the European plan and had very good connection even in remote places they also have 24/7 support and they’re super nice
r/travel · Looking for an esim provider with true unlimited data in Europe I think Orange Travel would be the best in your case. I used the European plan in November and it worked great. they don’t have a daily limit and I had great coverage even in remote areas
-
xMsBx87 🇬🇧
2 commentaires analysés
r/eSIMs · Esim Morocco- unlimited data Damn. I think it will be cheaper for me then to buy a simcard when i arrive and just use that instead.
r/eSIMs · Esim Morocco- unlimited data I was told there was noting like that with these to after writing with the support.
-
Ok-Eggplant-4205 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/travel · Looking for an esim provider with true unlimited data in Europe Orange Travel is okay, but they are pretty expensive and their registration process can be a pain with passport data.
-
LeeGT130 🇬🇧
2 commentaires analysés
r/travel · Orange travel eSIM for Italy - got a number with a Poland country code? Yeah, my Orange Travel app only seems to update the days remaining! If only I had a near infinite no. of calls, text and data!!
r/travel · Orange travel eSIM for Italy - got a number with a Poland country code? The same thing has happened to me in Spain. I'd have expected a +34 number but it assigned a +48 by default. I didn't get an option to choose. I wonder if it looks at number availability by county and goes from there?
-
IsRedditMainlyfor 🇬🇧
3 commentaires analysés
r/travel · Orange travel eSIM for Italy - got a number with a Poland country code? Yes I think they just use whatever is cheapest and available. It’s fine for a short trip but not ideal for a longer stay where it’s better to have a local number. I also didn’t use even one gig of data somehow even using gps etc so I way overpaid
r/travel · Orange travel eSIM for Italy - got a number with a Poland country code? It worked fine. I didn’t run into a situation where someone couldn’t (or wouldn’t) call me
r/travel · Orange travel eSIM for Italy - got a number with a Poland country code? I purchased from the Orange Travel site. Not sure if there’s a difference I haven’t arrived in Italy yet. I’m flying in a couple days so I haven’t activated it yet. The Polish number is the number listed under “Italy 100GB” when I open the app, and there’s an option to copy the number.
-
hazygrey 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/travel · Orange travel eSIM for Italy - got a number with a Poland country code? I'm headed to Italy and just had the exact same thing happen, also got a Polish number. OP, how did this work out for you?
-
liaa101 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 14-day Peru trip? (Lima → Paracas → Cusco → Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu) I ended up buying data + text, but my friend got the data only plan. My plan provided me with a cell phone number but it did not work at all when I tried to call any peruvian number, in addition my friend experienced better data signal and 3G everywhere we go. Lastly, ppl use whatsapp quite often in Peru so you can still easily communicate via whatsapp with others without a text plan. so I would recommend you go with data only plan.
-
AssociateCultural41 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Best hotspot eSIM in Malta? I went to the store in Malta I think it was Go and I gave them my passport, got unlimited data plan including 80GB data in countries in Europe. The whole process was fast and the internet speed was faster than Orange online Esim. Hope this helps!
-
StacySheller 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Headed to Europe for a month, need esim advice! honestly you’re already on the right track, both Ubigi and Orange are pretty reliable so I wouldn’t worry too much about them being scams, it’s more about what feels easier for you to use. Ubigi tends to be more convenient if you want quick top ups while you’re traveling, especially when you’re on your own, while Orange is more like a traditional carrier experience. for a month, 50GB should be more than enough unless you’re streaming a lot, so either one should work fine as long as your phone is unlocked and everything’s set up before you go
-
ZiiiMs 🇬🇧
2 commentaires analysés
r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 14-day Peru trip? (Lima → Paracas → Cusco → Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu) I did it was very, very good. Some spots had slight issues, but a simple turning on and off data fixed it right away.
r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 14-day Peru trip? (Lima → Paracas → Cusco → Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu) Perfect, that was helpful I messaged oranges support and got a screenshot back of the carriers they use https://preview.redd.it/u4g4rasebzeg1.png?width=468&format=png&auto=webp&s=2e13313a0d96185ce24cf638e30df2b87087b380 So it looks like I am probably going to go with Orange Travel, ty for the reply.
-
ZealousidealYard3485 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/travel · Best eSIM for 2 weeks in Europe? (France -> Germany -> Switzerland -> France) – Pixel 7 For an EU trip, pick based on coverage + hotspot + fair use (lots of “unlimited” plans throttle). In France specifically, Orange’s network is very strong, so an Orange Travel eSIM is a good “just works” option (install before you fly, activate on arrival). For multi-country, choose a reputable provider that lets you top up easily, and make sure your phone is eSIM-compatible/unlocked. Download offline maps and keep your physical SIM as backup. If you tell me your countries + phone, I can suggest a safer plan size.
-
luvisrageeeee 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Avoid Orange Travel if you value your vacation I agree. Vacationing in the MENA area, spent $30 all for it to not even work. Did all the steps outlined, still didn’t work. Interestingly enough Airalo worked. As did Holafly and other services in the past. Fuck Orange Travel. I can’t wait to chargeback and get my money from these thieves.
-
Global_Struggle1913 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/travel · Looking for an esim provider with true unlimited data in Europe It most likely unlimited - as long you are not roaming. They they add a data cap.
-
Historical-Barber634 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · eSIM reqs for Netherlands & France Any thoughts on Tsim? This plan is very reasonably priced. I’m going to be touring around NL but will likely use whatsapp and imessage mostly so number call is not as crucial. https://www.tsim.mobi/product/europe-datavoice-esim-48-country/ The Orange holiday esim is double the price.
-
Plus-Competition-417 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/travel · Best eSIM for 2 weeks in Europe? (France -> Germany -> Switzerland -> France) – Pixel 7 Look into esim Europe from orange travel. They include all of the three countries. And they don’t throttle or cap data unlike others. If you want to share data with your laptop, make sure the provider from the high you get the eSIM doesn’t limit hotspot (usually written between the lines).
-
Ok-Chemist6175 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Mejor eSim Orange holiday eSIM and Orange le the best network in France best coverage and fastest data speeds
-
funpig2021 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Orange Holiday Europe eSIM Experience I have used Orange in 2022 and 2023 for 2 week Europe trips and had no issues. Being able to make phone calls is very helpful. I now need a plan for an upcoming 3 week Europe trip in May. I have been looking at Orange's 20GB voice/text/data plan. I rarely use more than 10GB of data in a month so this plan is more than enough. The crazy thing is that in the Orange website and app, the marketing clearly states "14 days". However, resellers including Amazon are marketing the same Orange plan for "30 days". I contacted Orange using their chat line (very cumbersome) and they told me that their website plan and the plan being sold by resellers including Amazon are all the same. They also told me that the plan will actually be valid for 30 days and that their website and app only says 14 days because that is the recommended length of time of use. FWIW, here's a copy of their (Andrea) chat response to me: "(09:55:42) Andrea: Yes, you are correct — although our website currently states “14 days,” the 20GB Orange Holiday eSIM actually remains valid for 30 days after activation, as long as the data is not fully consumed. The 14-day reference is just how it’s marketed and is meant as a typical usage guide, but the eSIM itself lasts the full 30 days. (09:55:49) Andrea: You can confidently purchase and activate the 20GB eSIM, and it should remain active for 30 days as intended. (09:55:53) Andrea: Wishing you a great day ahead!" Their answer actually made no sense to me because why would any company market their product as being much less than what it actually is? Maybe, they do it to encourage people going on longer than 14-day trips to upgrade to the more expensive, bigger data plans. If that is the case, I'm not sure. I want to trust a company that uses that type of marketing. Anyways, I have a few months before going on the trip and I will keep looking into this.
-
Impressive-Group1711 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/travel · My best solution for traveling with an eSIM That's a clever way to handle it, especially for avoiding accidental carrier charges. A simpler setup on an unlocked phone is to add a travel eSIM for data, then go into your primary SIM settings and just turn off "Data Roaming". Your home number stays active for calls and 2FA texts so you don't miss anything, but it uses the travel eSIM for all data. I use an eSIM from Orange Travel and this method has worked perfectly for me.
-
Brilliant-Painting18 🇬🇧
6 commentaires analysés
r/eSIMs · International e-sim for europe Orange travel is currently the best for unlimited data plans. They don’t cut your speed like Holafly or Nomad do after 3go/day. In Europe especially, Orange owns the network !
r/eSIMs · Nomad or redteago or airalo for china trip? I'm saying, i tested holafly and others, they limit your speed after 3 go/day, same for airalo. the only one that does not limit speed on they unlimited offer is Orange travel
r/eSIMs · List of eSIMs w/Phone Number Orange travel gives you a phone number, anywhere in Europe and for any e-sim with a data+voice+text offer
r/eSIMs · Looking for an eSIM with high-speed data (no throttle) in Europe — 50GB or more/month? Go to Orange Travel. They are the only one to provide true unlimited, no throttle. For comparison: - Holafly and Airalo: their unlimited offers included 3go per day before caping your speed to 1mbps - Orange travel: no throttling, it’s true unlimited Bonus: Orange is a French company, they own the network in Europe so their coverage is great and their price is competitive.
r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 14-day Peru trip? (Lima → Paracas → Cusco → Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu) You can go with Orange travel, safe, reliable and they surely have unlimited offers in South America
r/AskFrance · What’s a good eSim for internet? for internet in France for 8 days, an eSIM is definitely your best bet for convenience. You can set it up before you even land, which is super handy. I've had good experiences with providers offering data-only plans for around 5-10GB; that usually covers 8 days easily for maps and social media. Orange Travel has some solid eSIM options with perfect coverage in France (they are the biggest telco in Europe and french company). I saw they just launched unlimited offers to. Just make sure your phone is eSIM compatible and you activate it while you still have Wi-Fi. What's your usual daily data usage like?
-
Wrong-Pudding93 🇬🇧
2 commentaires analysés
r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 14-day Peru trip? (Lima → Paracas → Cusco → Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu) There are 4 major networks in Peru: Bitel, Claro, Entel, Movistar Looking at the local networks that the providers you listed (and most others) support, it is mostly just one network. Airalo even just lists "Airalo" as network which is not helpful at all. I can only say from the looks of it and not from experience but Orange Travel seems best here. They support ALL networks in Peru (Bitel is 3G only, the others do have 4G available though). This gives you the best chance of having coverage and you can also switch networks manually if one isn't performing. Be sure to get the 20GB world plan if you do, much cheaper than the Peru-specific plan: [https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/world](https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/world) In general, I would skip providers claiming to offer unlimited data. You usually only get a few GB per day of high speed data and very slow (basically unusable) speed after.
r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Mexico? Airalo vs Ubigi vs Telcel (for tourist itinerary) Personally? Nesa yes. Always Mobile and Ubigi no. Ubigi is one of the oldest players in the business. Nesa has unfortunately since shut down. Always Mobile has the same supplier that Nesa had BUT be advised that they no longer support Telcel! If you want to use it right now, you can get 20GB for $27 USD on Orange Travel (Orange is France's largest telecom, so it's legit). [https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/world](https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/world) Orange's supported networks as of now: https://preview.redd.it/a2rglrjo287g1.png?width=1080&format=png&auto=webp&s=a1e5f7467e10dbd65ee6a7df5f9430b575f7fae2
-
garomer 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here! I recently bought 2 orange travel eSIMs using the Orange app for my wife and I. Our 14 day period is up… but the service continues to work. Any chance Orange is going to bill us or did we get lucky with a glitch ?
-
Maikl_Kesh 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Beta Testers: Help Shape a New eSIM Project (Free eSIM Data ) Madrid, Spain, connection to the Orange network was the same delay but had the same speed as the Orange Holiday eSIM I purchased so definitely looking good for a future option!
-
iolairemcfadden 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · First time using eSim and visiting Morocco Side note for random readers, the Spain and various Europe plans are much more affordable via [https://www.esimholidays.com/](https://www.esimholidays.com/) then orange directly [https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/spain](https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/spain) , its still a real orange plan and you can login via the orange site etc....
-
aznwhiteboi 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/travel · Best eSIM for Paris, Amsterdam and Prague? I really enjoyed using Orange for the two trips to Europe I’ve made. It works in pretty well every country in Europe https://travel.orange.com/en They also give you options to have an actual number for sms and calling. That’s come in handy for restaurant reservations or hotel bookings.
-
AccordingAd8361 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for calls+data (1-1.5gb per day) For a multi-country trip like this—Norway to the Netherlands—you’ll want a **Europe regional eSIM** with solid roaming agreements and generous daily data. Most tourist-focused plans cap “unlimited” data after 1–2GB/day, so your 1–1.5GB/day target is right in the sweet spot. If you need **\~800 minutes of talk time**, check out **Bouygues My European eSIM** or **Orange Holiday Europe**—both include calls and SMS across Europe, plus 20–30GB of data over 14–30 days. Just be sure to check if they support eSIM activation from India. That said, I always keep **Flexiroam** active in the background. It’s been a lifesaver when local plans glitch or coverage drops—especially on cross-border train rides like Switzerland to Germany. You can top up on the go and avoid SIM swaps entirely.
-
Parking-Ad-8780 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Affordable Multi-Country Travel in Europe? Orange Travel - data plus phone number 💯 No roaming charges within Europe. Coverage may take a few SECONDS to connect when crossing borders
-
-donatellasaysmore- 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 11 days in Europe For data only, I use Airalo… for data, calls and texting, I use Orange Travel. I’ve had the same French number for a couple years as the number stays active for 6 months after each top-up.
-
AdFancy9143 🇬🇧
2 commentaires analysés
r/eSIMs · UK/Europe eSIM? Orange holiday eSIM Orange has the best network in France I’m British and live in France and I am with Orange and they have been brilliant Orange France has the best coverage in France in semi urban areas and rural areas Plus best coverage on a road motorways and major railway lines
r/eSIMs · esim options for a 3 week trip to Europe Orange France holiday eSIM Orange is the best network in France fastest data speeds and best coverage Orange is also excellent in semi urban areas and rural areas plus they have excellent coverage on a road motorways and major train lines
-
Mrwonderful-hnt 🇬🇧
2 commentaires analysés
r/travel · Orange travel eSIM for Italy - got a number with a Poland country code? If you purchased from the Orange Italy website, you should have a local number. Please also check whether your internet and phone calls are working.
r/travel · Orange travel eSIM for Italy - got a number with a Poland country code? Yes, this eSIM works that way because it uses the cheapest SIM available that includes EU roaming , specially if you purchased it from third party services.
-
GolfBuddie8391 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Planning a trip to France, need advice on eSIMs Orange holiday eSIM available on Amazon. I’ve used it when traveling all over France, mostly 4-bar signal without any dead spots
-
DecisionOrganic3810 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM in France - any experience? As a follow-up to our France trip: Between a few of us, we had a mix of Orange Travel and Ubigi esims. Both worked great, noting that Ubigi only has 4G for Pixel devices (more than adequate however). Would not hesitate to get Ubigi again, given the very low cost. I did not need to contact support at all so can't speak to that.
-
Isotrope9 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here! I think that’s reasonable too. How were the speeds and which countries did you visit?
-
CurrentWonderful6477 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe travel? Go with eSIM.net and/or Orange Travel. Period. Cheapest and you can get a UK or FR number for SMS.
-
Hot_World4305 🇬🇧🌐
2 commentaires analysés
r/travel · Orange Travel esim Thanks. That is clear. The instruction they sent was confusing saying I will get a PIN code and there is none. I have the esim showing up with the Barcode installation. But not sure what next . Contact support via email and they told me to install their Orange Travel apps. Thanks again.
r/travel · Orange Travel esim Orange T said 0000 by default.
-
Loves_LV 🇬🇧
2 commentaires analysés
r/travel · Orange Travel esim I think the pin code shows up on the PDF in one of the emails they send after purchase but it has always been four zeros on the last 4 or 5 i've bought.
r/travel · Orange Travel esim There's instructions in the package that Orange sends you. Just follow those and you're good. Here are some basic instructions: I leave my local number on, and make sure I'm connected to wifi. Scan the QR code to activate the esim the day before you leave. Once the e-sim pops up I immediately turn off that orange esim so it doesn't get used. When you arrive at your destination you can turn off your local number and turn on the orange sim and THEN turn on allow roaming on your holiday sim. If you turn it on before you risk using data/service before you arrive. Also, the e-sim from Orange are usually locked you need to enter the password (usually just "0000") to be able to use it. I use orange esims all the time. Very reliable, and great coverage, fast speeds. Also they let you do tethering which most others do not.
-
krokendil 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/travel · Orange Travel esim Doesn't matter what you do, you can enable your esim while in EU since it will only activates when it connects to the foreign country anyways. You can also just enable it when you land
-
Segalmom 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Orange Travel Esim -Anyone uses it before? I am using it now. Canadian visiting the UK. It was a great deal so I decided to try it. I usually use Airalo. I needed voice, txt and data for this trip. You need to register with your passport as Orange is based in France and this is French law as you will read in their instructions if you will be using it for more than 30 days. I am not. I have stopped answering French incoming calls as the bots seem to have gotten ahold of my number. Otherwise my experience so far is excellent. Easy set up. It locks sometimes. You will just have to enter your simple code again. It will take you strait to the page. I will use it again.
-
SaraArt11 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Orange Travel Esim -Anyone uses it before? I tried. Did all the setup right before the trip to add the eSIM. I got there and I could not activate it. It gave me 3 attempts. I’m sure it was me just missing a step but it was not user friendly to set up. I sat in the airport and downloaded Airalo and installed first try. I was not happy about paying twice and the Airalo didn’t have the data that Orange did so I had to reload it. It was just a money spent that still annoys me lol.
-
Pop_Bottle 🇬🇧
2 commentaires analysés
r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here! Fair you can definitely shop around. I think I paid like $40 for 100gb good for 30 days. It was easy to get the eSIM installed and was able to do it from the hotel.
r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here! Orange Holiday eSIM worked great for me throughout many countries. Just make sure your phone is unlocked to be able to install the eSIM.
-
TheseRent3 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here! I think its a bit overpriced in my opinion.
-
anenglishman1982 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · e-sim for calls in all Europe Orange France holiday eSIM can be used all over Europe. Orange in France is the best network in France too. I am originally from the UK and I live in France
-
fiestyfired 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/NoContract · Does anyone have personal experience using Orange Travel eSIM as a tourist in Europe? Just visited Germany, Czech, Austria and Switzerland with Orange Travel e-SIM. Worked like a breeze everywhere with no issues at all. I took the 12 GB for 14 days at 20 euros which was a total value for money.
-
meowdown69 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/NoContract · Does anyone have personal experience using Orange Travel eSIM as a tourist in Europe? Orange esim is a scam. Doesn’t work in Europe as they claimed. They stole my money.
-
EarlyTrade4935 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/NoContract · Does anyone have personal experience using Orange Travel eSIM as a tourist in Europe? I paid for Orange travel to use in Greece- I could not get it to work and there is ZERO customer service. No human to talk to. Don’t purchase this plan.
-
careful_cutie 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/NoContract · Does anyone have personal experience using Orange Travel eSIM as a tourist in Europe? I got the 70gb plan for 40€ and had little to no problems. I agree with another redditor on this thread saying that said they are doubtful of the skills of other people when navigating eSIMs. I installed the eSIM in the US and then activated it on the airport WiFi in Madrid. The pdf they provided for installation was pretty detailed and straightforward. If you want to use their services for more then 30 days, then you need to register your phone number. If you’re only in Europe for a week or two then you do not need to do this. I had issues registering my phone number because the number I was provided was the incorrect amount of digits then what was being asked for. I later learned that in some cases French numbers need you to put a 0 before the phone number (not including the area code +33). Once I did this I had no problems registering and it was processed in a couple days. Like I said before, your phone should be working before registering so it’s not really an issue. I traveled to Portugal, Spain, Italy, Malta, and Greece with great service (except for Montepulciano in Tuscany for some reason - but it is out in the middle of nowhere). I’ll be going to a couple more countries in the next two weeks and will update my post after the fact. My plan worked flawlessly in all of these locations, and most often I had much better service than my friend who kept her US plan. I will agree with everyone on here that their customer service is bad. They need to have a team taking calls or answering emails immediately since their services are very crucial. They did respond to my message within a day or two but their response was not very helpful. I did see a couple physical Orange stores in Spain if you need to speak to someone directly while traveling there. I think that if you are someone who feels unconfident with eSIMs or don’t think you can problem solve with technology on your own, then maybe skip Orange and use someone else.
-
bobbimbap 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/NoContract · Does anyone have personal experience using Orange Travel eSIM as a tourist in Europe? LOL I AM SURPRISED BY THE HATE ON THIS THREAD. I have used Orange the past 2 trips in Europe, and it's been great! Hahaha. I've used it across: Italy, Germany, UK, Finland, France. Too bad, not Serbia -- out of EU.
-
fs202001100 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · What’s the easiest way to get eSIM with number? You may be able to set-up a Telegram account with a VoIP number, like www.TextNow.com or https://voice.google.com, but that could present some limitations in sending or receiving messages with Telegram, according to a Google search: http://bit.ly/4fqs2ie True mobile numbers with native (vs. VoIP) texting-SMS capability may not be so cheap, and include a finite number of texts-SMS. Orange would give you a +33 / France number. But it's an expensive monthly charge, and after so many days, under French law, you'll need to provide a government ID, most likely a passport. Unlimited intra-Europe calls and limited SMS are included: https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/europe/esim Airalo's global SIM ("Discover+") will provide a +1 / US number. They have a yearly (annual) plan, with limited calls and SMS: https://www.airalo.com/global-esim/discover+-365days-20gb Best wishes.
-
Freestylistic 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/NoContract · Does anyone have personal experience using Orange Travel eSIM as a tourist in Europe? DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY - had an issue on Friday noon but technical support closes early for the weekend - Unbelievable that a French company dealing with international travel cannot support any issues between Friday noon (Paris time) until sometime on Monday (I hope)
-
ClassicOne7661 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/NoContract · Does anyone have personal experience using Orange Travel eSIM as a tourist in Europe? I do not know if others are still reading this but I can add my recent experience in Italy 2024. I pre purchased the SIMs in the US and installed in Italy on arrival. They never worked at all. One on Android and one iPhone. I tried to get help but all I could get was AI responses, which never helped. I emailed to cancel which got a human response saying I activated the numbers so no refund. I had to go to Windtre in Italy, which worked perfectly. I do NOT recommend Orange.
-
panomotion5 🇬🇧
1 commentaire analysé
r/eSIMs · Europe advice please help Have a look at Orange travel and Bouygues telecom eSIM for Europe. It will work in every destination in Europe and includes a number with minutes and texts. Top up is possible if needed. https://travel.orange.com/en https://www.bouyguestelecom.fr/carte-prepayee/vacation-prepaid-plan/ Both are top tier1 operators in France.
Aucun avis pour ce filtre.
Souvent comparé à
Questions fréquentes
Orange Travel est-il fiable pour voyager en Europe ?
Les utilisateurs Reddit rapportent de nombreux voyages réussis dans plusieurs pays européens, avec une couverture particulièrement appréciée en France. Plusieurs soulignent aussi l’intérêt de pouvoir changer de réseau au Royaume-Uni. Certains témoignages décrivent néanmoins une eSIM inutilisable à l’arrivée.
Les forfaits illimités Orange Travel sont-ils bridés ?
Les témoignages Reddit sont contradictoires : certains décrivent une connexion sans ralentissement, tandis que plusieurs mentionnent un plafond fixe de 10 Mbps sur des offres illimitées. Les utilisateurs distinguent ces offres des forfaits à volume de données défini, décrits comme sans ce plafond. Le consensus invite donc à vérifier les conditions du forfait choisi.
Orange Travel permet-il les appels et le partage de connexion ?
Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient les offres incluant un numéro, des appels et des SMS, notamment pour contacter les hôtels et restaurants, ainsi que le partage de connexion. Certains signalent toutefois un numéro polonais plutôt que français et un témoignage rapporte des appels impossibles vers des numéros péruviens. Ces fonctions doivent donc être examinées selon l’offre et la destination.
Orange Travel offre-t-il un bon rapport qualité-prix ?
Les utilisateurs Reddit trouvent certaines promotions et certains forfaits à gros volume intéressants. D’autres jugent les petites enveloppes coûteuses et signalent des recharges plus chères que l’achat initial en promotion. Les avis sont donc partagés selon le volume nécessaire et les conditions d’achat.



There is no such thing as real unlimited data across all those countries on one single eSIM. All travel eSIMs will throttle you with the good ones telling you exactly when, and bad ones hiding it in their terms. Local providers will likely provide either truly unlimited, or at the very least, a huge allowance, but none offer that once you go beyond the borders of the country, with a more limited EU roaming allowance. The best thing you can do is reassess your actual data needs, none of what you have mentioned requires real unlimited data. You can get a massive 200GB from Orange Travel for US$70 for example. If you really require unlimited full speed data in every one of those countries, you will have have to get a different local eSIM in every country - and in some cases they just don't do unlimited data.
There is no resource for this. For a guaranteed local IP you have to go to a real local provider. For US there's many... (eg Tello, US Mobile, Visible, Lyca US...) Beyond that it ranges from: * they tell you: Escape eSIM tells you the underlying provider, Nesa Mobile tells you the IP breakout * they don't tell you but it's owned by a carrier so always them: GoMoWorld is Eir Ireland, Red Bull Mobile is A1 Austria, Orange Travel is Orange France * they don't tell you but it's well known: Sparks is well known to be Plus Poland, esim.sm's global plan is also Plus Poland as is DENT, Roamless is known to be a US local breakout * they don't tell you at all, you can try to ask but they might change it with no notice: most providers including Airalo, Holafly, Nomad
Depends on your data needs and if you need calls. Mobimatter Sparks is well regarded and reasonable price or Orange Travel has calls/cheaper for large usage.
Do you first go to the UK or France? If UK then get a local operator with EU roaming etc Lyca's unlimited or Lebara, both have a big 30+GB roaming allowance for in France. Make sure to turn off any auto renew BEFORE leaving the UK. If France there are some like Bouygues or Orange Travel in English, or Free France as well. These will all roam the other way to the UK.
How much data do you need...? Probably neither, services like those on Mobimatter, Orange Travel and Vodafone Travel are all reputable and cheaper.
Be aware that almost any "unlimited" plan is not really unlimited, it will throttle and is usually overpriced for what it offers. Most people do not need unlimited data. If you really have high data needs Orange Travel is a good option. Otherwise Mobimatter sells a range of reasonably priced and reputable plans (including some Airalo ones) at better prices. Airalo works fine, but is overpriced particularly in Europe where there are many better value and equally as well performing options. They are a well known and well advertised provider who charges prices to match.
Orange Travel eSIM doesn't have hotspot restriction. Best value though will generally be going with a local provider.
All travel eSIMs or roaming are as reliable as the local networks they use excepting any rare outages or similar, which can happen to any provider. You haven't said how much data you need which makes it difficult to recommend any option but Mobimatter Sparks, Orange Travel or Jetpac are all ok priced, well regarded options. Airalo is fine but they are priced to fund all the heavy marketing they do.
Either of the two I put are well regarded and reasonable pricing for that level of use :) You can also compare further eg on esimdb or there are some suppliers not on those comparison sites like eSIM.net Whatever you get you shouldn't be paying over €20 absolute maximum for that amount of data.
The only places the French networks don't reach in Monaco are inside the train station and certain buildings where the Monaco network has repeaters inside, but the French ones don't. Free Wifi is very readily avaliable, even in the street in Monaco. It is not particularly critical to have phone coverage from that network specifically. If you absolutely want it, your best option is probably Orange Travel, which includes Monaco. https://travel.orange.com/en I also wouldn't go with Airalo anyway, they are overpriced for Europe. Plenty of better value, reputable options like Mobimatter Sparks, Jetpac and others, including Orange.