Nomad

Nomad, packshot

Idéal pour : D’après les retours Reddit, idéal pour les voyageurs en Europe ou en Asie qui privilégient un forfait de données à volume défini pour les cartes et la messagerie.

En bref : Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient surtout la simplicité d’installation et le rapport qualité-prix de Nomad, avec de nombreux séjours réussis en Europe et en Asie. Les principales réserves concernent les débits très réduits après le quota quotidien de certains forfaits illimités, ainsi que des pannes dont la résolution par le support reste inégale.

Note de consensus

6.9/10

#11 sur 17 · eSIM voyage

selon Reddit

Score de sentiment62 % positifs
Positifs132
Neutres29
Négatifs53

Au-delà de ce modèle, la marque Nomad (toutes gammes) recueille 58 % d'avis positifs sur 224 utilisateurs Reddit. Ce signal marque ne compte pas dans la note du modèle ci-dessus.

Points forts

Connexion stable

76 17

« I have never run into this and have used multiple providers (including Airalo, Nomad, Always-mobile, etc.) » Voir l’avis

« Never had any issues with their customer support or their esim. » Voir l’avis

« Can confirm Roamless, Airalo and Nomad all work perfectly and bypass the firewall. » Voir l’avis

Réception appréciée

43 10

« If you just need reliable mobile data while your local mast is down, a global eSIM like Superalink or Nomad can also help — they automatically latch onto whichever local network is strongest, and… » Voir l’avis

« With Nomad I got majority 5G networks, i only did Tokyo btw. » Voir l’avis

« They both piggyback on big US networks and work fine in stadium crowds, just pick a plan that explicitly uses AT&T or T‑Mobile. » Voir l’avis

Activation simple

29 13

« If you just need reliable mobile data while your local mast is down, a global eSIM like Superalink or Nomad can also help — they automatically latch onto whichever local network is strongest, and… » Voir l’avis

« Most travel eSIMs let you install and initially activate beforehand (which is the bit that requires internet) then only fully activate once they connect to the network. » Voir l’avis

« The plans are prepaid, there's no contract to worry about, and activation is pretty straightforward. » Voir l’avis

Prix jugé avantageux

45 24

« For my trip i checked Arialo and Orange travel that ive used in the past for Europe… on both those companies the 20GB plan or equivalent was almost $10 more. » Voir l’avis

« Nomad offers 50GB of US data for $25 ($0.50GB), that’s more than 60% less than the price of most PAYG eSIM providers. » Voir l’avis

« Looks like Nomad is having a sale on Canadian 10 GB and higher plans. » Voir l’avis

Points faibles

Restrictions mal expliquées

1 14

« they don't tell you at all, you can try to ask but they might change it with no notice: most providers including Airalo, Holafly, Nomad » Voir l’avis

« But let's just end it with: We agree that the slow speeds were either due to harsher throttling than advertised or due to bad routing/transit but probably a mix of both. » Voir l’avis

« Similar experience and lesson learned not to buy “unlimited” ever again. » Voir l’avis

Assistance décevante

8 20

« As update, I've chatted with Nomad customer support twice. » Voir l’avis

« I tried every combination you can imagine, was on the chat trouble shooting with both Nomad and Jetpac for over an hour each, did everything they instructed. » Voir l’avis

« Same thing you experienced with Nomad support - they are just automatons that copy/paste their FAQ / KB articles to you without addressing the issue (that the rate limited speed is not usable). » Voir l’avis

CritèreNote /10Ce qu'en dit le consensus
Vitesse4.4Les utilisateurs Reddit décrivent des débits souvent suffisants pour voyager, mais parfois extrêmement faibles après le quota quotidien de certains forfaits illimités.
Fiabilité7.6Les utilisateurs Reddit relatent de nombreux séjours sans incident, avec toutefois des échecs de connexion et des interruptions prolongées dans certains cas.
Support3.1Les avis Reddit sur le support sont partagés entre une aide rapide et utile et des dépannages répétitifs sans résolution, avec des remboursements variables.
Couverture6.2Les utilisateurs Reddit rapportent une couverture souvent satisfaisante en Europe et en Asie, mais des lacunes selon la destination et des exclusions dans les forfaits régionaux.
Installation5.6Les utilisateurs Reddit trouvent généralement l’installation facile, malgré quelques problèmes d’APN, d’activation ou de paiement.
Usages4.7Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient les données pour les cartes, WhatsApp et le partage de connexion, mais signalent des restrictions d’applications selon le routage et des difficultés avec certains appareils.
Prix5.4Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient fréquemment les tarifs face à Airalo, tout en relevant que des offres locales ou d’autres revendeurs peuvent coûter moins cher.
Transparence0.5Plusieurs utilisateurs Reddit jugent insuffisamment claires les limites des forfaits illimités et certaines exceptions au déclenchement de leur validité.
Mis à jour le 2026-09-29Comment on calcule

Avis Reddit

223 avis analysés · Positifs 132 Neutres 29 Négatifs 53

  • WashDowntown4539 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Will eSIM solve my coverage issue?

    You won’t be able to receive calls or SMS on your original number if the mast for that network is down — those still rely on your main carrier’s signal. Getting an eSIM from another provider (like EE or Lycamobile) will fix your data and app-based communication though. What many people do in this situation is keep their original SIM active (so it’ll work again once the mast is fixed) and add a secondary eSIM for data and calling through apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, or even Wi-Fi calling if your primary carrier supports it. If you just need reliable mobile data while your local mast is down, a global eSIM like Superalink or Nomad can also help — they automatically latch onto whichever local network is strongest, and it’s instant to set up. That way, you stay connected without switching your main number.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Affordable Multi-Country Travel in Europe?

    I did almost the same route this summer — France → Italy → Germany → Spain — and totally get what you mean about coverage changing at every border. I tested a few eSIMs because I wanted to see which ones actually roam smoothly. Airalo worked fine but slowed down noticeably once I crossed into Italy. Nomad was okay for speed but had weird handoff delays between carriers. The one that surprised me most was Superalink — I bought their “Europe unlimited” plan mostly out of curiosity, and it kept a really stable connection across all four countries. It switches between local partners (Orange, Vodafone, O2, etc.) without needing a manual refresh. I used it for about two weeks, hotspotting my laptop a few times a day, and the speeds stayed pretty consistent (usually 50–80 Mbps in cities, 20–30 in smaller towns). The activation process was dead simple — scanned the QR code while still in London, and data came up right after landing in Paris. If you don’t need a phone number and just want data that “just works” across borders, it’s honestly one of the smoother options I’ve used.

    Europe
  • Kindly_Explanation55 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Catch-22 with eSIM activation?

    I have never run into this and have used multiple providers (including Airalo, Nomad, Always-mobile, etc.) Once the esim is installed, all it has to do is connect to an available network to operate. This does require purchasing the service before leaving. It is then ready to go. Once the plane lands, turn it on and wait for it to start. May be a little slow the first time because there is some handshaking going on and checking that it is valid. Note: if you are traveling from somewhere that is a covered location by the esim provider, be sure to turn the esim off as soon as installed so it doesn't activate too early.

    Activation
  • believeinbong 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Anyone use airalo and been stitched up?

    Airalo is one of the most expensive out there and I hate it every time I see it recommended. Nomad has an unlimited plan for Thailand for 10 days for $14 or 50Gb for $9

    AsieIllimité
  • DaveTheHungry 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Should I use a VPN or eSIM in China

    You should use both. eSIM for your phone internet and VPN on regular internet. Only having VPN can get blocked and only having eSIM can be expensive. Although if it's only a week, then a larger data eSIM plan should be fine. I used Nomad eSIM and Mullvad VPN the last time I was in China. Mullvad connects consistently but can be slow on some servers. Nomad eSIM routed through Hong Kong so I could access most of the sites I needed. For eSIM there are many options so check the other Reddit posts for suggestions.

    Asie
  • bpbp216 🇬🇧

    37 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Nomad eSIM Didn't work

    It's impossible to troubleshoot if you are already back home. You should of posted here while you were on your trip to get troubleshooting suggestions. Regarding nomad customer support, from my experience they respond extremely fast usually within minutes. Never had any issues with their customer support or their esim.

    Remboursement
    r/eSIMs · Is it better to just buy three local SIMs?

    Local SIM cards are always a good choice. Travel Esim gives you more convenience as you have data the moment you land in a foreign country and you do not need to spend time getting a local SIM card. For Thailand, you can get Dtac happy tourist Esim directly from Dtac or resellers like Airalo or Nomad, but a local one will be even cheaper. If you need data once you land, might consider Roamless until you get a local Esim. With Roamless you only pay for data used and no need to prepay for a certain time and data amount. That way you can still stay connected until you get a local n SIM card. Safe travels!

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Best and cheap esim for 1 week in Egypt?

    Airalo is pretty expensive for Egypt. Roamless is pay as you go and only $3.95 per GB, Nomad is $31 for 10 GB. However, the beauty of Roamless that you only will pay for the data used and do not have to do the guessing work on how much data do you need for 10 days Safe travels

    r/eSIMs · Cheapest+reputable esim provider in CANADA🇨🇦

    Are you looking for a travel esim or for a local provider? Nomad is a travel esim provider and will work just fine in Canada. You can also take a look at WIM Mobile, it's a Mexican provider that works in the USA, Canada and Mexico and it's pretty cheap.

    r/eSIMs · List of eSIMs w/Phone Number

    I posted a list of Airalo Esims with a phone number. Do not have time to check if it's up to date, but for sure Thailand Esim no longer offers a phone number. https://www.reddit.com/r/Airalo/s/auRCPnKtqz List of Airalo ESIMs with a local phone number Please post Airalo Esims that come with a local number. So far, I found the following ones to have a local number: 1. Czech Republic 2. USA 3. Costa Rica List updated once users post: 4. Austria 5. Thailand (no longer, but available from Nomad) 6. UK 7. Bahamas 8. Israel

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · vietnam esim needed

    Roamless is $6.45 per GB, but you only pay for the data used. Airalo is $4.50 for 1 GB or $21 for 10 GB Nomad is $6.00 for 1 GB or $16 (regular $19) for 10 GB Red Bull Mobile 2.00€ per GB

    r/eSIMs · Terrible Service – Stay Away!

    It's just a bookmark list. Honestly, I'm staying away from the most, but I like to have options. I haven't realized that I will have that many options 😂. So far I'm sticking with the ones that worked for me in the past Nomad, Airalo and Roamless. I also have a Red Bull Mobile as a back up. In addition, I'm following development with Firsty. Firsty had me excited when I first discovered it almost a year ago, but lately they have been mainly disappointing me.

    r/eSIMs · Which eSIM for Mexico

    Either Nomad or Airalo should work fine. Keep in mind, many areas in Mexico like Holbox do not have great cellular coverage and speeds can be very slow even with a local SIM card.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Europe

    How much data do you need? For casual use and pay for what you use, I would recommend Roamless, BNE or Unisim. For large data amounts orange or Vodafone. Also there are many major Esim players that offer Europe for very cheap prices like Airalo, Nomad, jetpack and saily. Many of these companies have promotions and referral codes available. Check pinned posts in this subreddit.

    EuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · How to choose the best eSIM providers?

    I used to buy Esims at airports or when I would get into a city, but it always took some time from an hour to one time almost the whole day. I was introduced to my first travel Esim from Airalo, but it only had Esim for one of the countries as the other one was sold out. Further research on Reddit and other sites introduced me to Nomad. Both Airalo Esim and nomad Esim worked great for that trip. Lately, there are dozens of travel Esim providers, but not all very reliable or have good customer service. So search around here to see what works for you. For me, the convenience of the travel Esim and reliable service is a must (5g speeds aren't important for me, 4G or LTE if 6 fine for most of the people). Also, with most travel Esims you have to prepay for a certain amount of data that will expire at some time and I had noticed, that most of the time I would not even use 50% of what I paid for. That means I was overpaying. Lately, I discovered providers like BNE, Roamless and Unisim. You only pay for data used and your funds deposited never expire. I would just use the data as needed and even though the price per GB is frequently more expensive, I am actually saving money as only pay for what I need. Wow, I was just going to post a one sentence post 😂

    r/eSIMs · eSims on Google Pixel 6 Pro in South Africa

    Why wouldn't it be possible? Pixel 6 is Esim compatible. As long as it's unlocked, you should be able to install an Esim from many travel Esim providers like Airalo, Firsty, Roamless, Nomad and Red Bull Mobile. Will you have 4G or 5G coverage, that I can't tell. But for me 4G speeds are more than enough to do what I need to do.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Leaving for Europe in a few days, need eSIM

    All of the mentioned providers by you will work just fine in Europemn and each of them post their pricing for you to compare. If you think Airalo Czech Republic O2 esim that works anywhere in the EU and comes with 10 GB of data and some minutes included for $16 is expensive, than go with any Chinese providers from trip.com, but you will get pretty high ping time

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Nomad in europe

    Yes, most of the Europe plans are a bit cheaper with Nomad compared to Airalo. However, Airalo Czech Republic O2 esim that comes with 10 GB of data, credit for texts and calls and works in the EU and UK is only $16

    EuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · SA_Roamless, Lower Flex Credit Rates?

    The market is very competitive and new esim providers are popping up daily. You are free to choose any other provider. However, I'm sticking with what works for me and Roamless has been great for me as a travel backup esim or for short trips. And as my trips are generally very short, Roamless works fine and the ability to make calls is also a plus. For longer trips, I usually use Airalo, Nomad or red bull mobile.

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for UK?

    I used Czech Republic O2 esim (it's the last package now) for $16 USD for 10 GB for 30 days. It comes with a Czech number and credit for texts and SMS. Works in the EU and UK. If you decide to go this route, make sure you get a correct one as Airalo has other packages with the same name listed first. Others might recommend other options for you. Like Nomad, Lyca Mobile, Roamless. They all will work just fine in the UK

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for travel (multiple countries)

    I used Airalo Asia link and Roamless in Japan, China, Vietnam and Hong Kong and had no issues with coverage or speeds. Local options might be cheaper, but I was sticking with the convenience. I used nomad in Asia before and also had no issues. For Thailand, DTAC happy tourist esim is a very good option. You can get it directly from DTAC or from resellers like Airalo or Nomad.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · One fixed e-sim or a e-sim per plan?

    I have an esim from Roamless, Red Bull Mobile and Firsty that I use as a backup or a short trip as sometimes it's not worth it to buy a 1- 3 GB esim when you are in a country for a day or 2. Otherwise, for longer trips I just get what's the best for my needs. I mainly would use Airalo or Nomad. They aren't cheap, but they worked for me in the past 2 years and I like to stick with what works. Otherwise, if you want something cheaper, there are hundreds of esim providers and more are popping out almost daily

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Advice for first time usage

    I never used them so I can't comment. I stick with the companies that worked well for me in your past like Airalo, Nomad, Red Bull Mobile and Roamless

    r/eSIMs · Need help, eSim for China

    Most of us here tried various esim providers and stick to what we think works for us. It's very individual and as you mentioned, there are lots of providers. I have over 120 esim providers bookmarked, but only use a few. For short duration or data as needed I use Roamless. For longer trips Airalo or Nomad have worked for me well especially in Europe and Asia. All 3 that I mentioned will have an IP address outside of China so you shouldn't have any issues for your needs. However, you can get a VPN service just in case.

    AsieEurope
    r/eSIMs · What does this mean?

    There are carriers in the USA, if you buy directly from one of those even paid in full your phone will be carrier locked for at least 60 days. In order to install an Esim from nomad, your phone must be carrier unlocked.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Frequent Traveler Seeking Best eSIM Option – Airalo, Holafly, Saily, or Others?

    How much data are you planning to use? For Asia, might look into regional plans from Nomad or Airalo. For India, I'm not sure. For EU, you have plenty of options but I like the Airalo Czech Republic O2 Esim that works in the EU, UK and Ireland. Look into different packages, but as a backup I would get Roamless or Esim.sm Esim where you can just pay for data as you use it and no need to estimate your data usage. Usually, it's much cheaper to get a local Esim. Having an Esim like Roamless will get you connected until you get your local Esim. Personally, I seldom get local SIM cards, as I just do not have time to deal with it

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Best&Affordable Esim for Italy & Switzerland?

    I second Airalo Czech Republic O2 Esim if you need to make and receive calls using an EU phone number. For data only, you have lost of providers like Airalo, jetpac, Nomad, Saily, Roamless and many more. BTW, Roamless lets you make outgoing calls using it's app at pretty reasonable rates.

    r/eSIMs · Revoult esim in Taiwan?

    Taiwan tourist Esims are very reasonably priced. Take a look at DTAC happy tourist Esim. Many providers like Airalo and Nomad resell it or you can get it directly from Dtac. Safe travels

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Roamless/eSim - New Number?

    As much as I like Roamless, you better off with a local travel Esim like Dtac happy traveler. You can get it directly from Dtac or through resellers like Airalo and Nomad. It will come with a local phone number, sms and data

    r/eSIMs · Esim recommendation for Brazil

    There are probably other providers available, but Airalo uses Claro and Nomad uses Vivo. I have been looking into Unisim for awhile, but haven't used them yet. Just communicated with their customer support which was very prompt and helpful. They do have an option for Tim Brazil: https://unisim.net/en

    r/eSIMs · eSIM Thailand 6 months

    You can start with Dtac Thailand Happy tourist Esim and then for sure change it to the local plan. You might be able just buy it in the Dtac app, but more likely will need to go to a local store to do it as id verification is required. You can get Dtac travel Esim directly from Dtac or resellers like Airalo or Nomad.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · eSIM Thailand 6 months

    You can start with Dtac Thailand Happy tourist Esim and then for sure change it to the local plan. You might be able just buy it in the Dtac app, but more likely will need to go to a local store to do it as id verification is required. You can get Dtac travel Esim directly from Dtac or resellers like Airalo or Nomad.

    Asie
  • Wrong-Pudding93 🇬🇧

    20 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Tested Airalo, Nomad and Yoho during my Japan + Thailand trip,  honest speed results

    Travel eSIMs mostly roam on the destination network. You get a SIM from one network provider and roam with that in the destination country (e.g. Japan). Let's say your travel eSIM is issued by a Singapore-based network and you roam with it in your destination country (e.g. Japan). Your traffic will go like this: **Your phone --> Japanese network --> Singapore --> website/server location** and then reverse that for the response back to your phone. This can 'rob' speed and latency. Also in this specific case, Airalo is 4G only in Japan. 50 Mbps is about average for 4G networks. (their 5G speeds there average around 150Mbps, data taken from newest OpenSignal report). The network speed itself is also influenced by how much bandwidth the networks can use/own (e.g. US networks usually own/receive more bandwidth than European/Japanese operators) With all that being said, all the mentioned speeds were far away from being slow or unusable (not really fast either, just regular). You can stream 4K video at around 25Mbps+.

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    "Strength" could also mean the connection quality of the routing it uses to get to Hong Kong which may be different depending on where in China you are. However, I'd expect you to get 0.5-0.8Mbps, not abysmally low 30kbps. How fast is your full speed data?

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · What is best for Germany?

    Breeze is fine, it is backed by a major eSIM supplier. But it seems like it only supports connection to one network (o2). EscapeSIMs Germany plans are both cheaper and support connecting to 3 networks. Otherwise, the "default" options like Saily, Airalo, Nomad should all be fine.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Never eSIMd before - help! (Panama for two weeks)

    Check out this guide: https://www.reddit.com/u/mrskeptical00/s/hiQ2sRJBEh Out of the known providers, Nomad seems to have the cheapest prices. If you are comfortable with doing that, going to a local carrier store in Panama (+Movil or Tigo) and getting a prepaid (prepago) plan will be cheapest. https://www.masmovilpanama.com/prepago/planes (25GB/30 days at B./15 **or** 7/10 days unlimited starting at B./6 and B./7 respectively.) https://www.tigo.com.pa/prepago (unlimited 30 days for B./22)

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Lebara enter Travel SIM market

    Oof. Especially when comparing Australia to other providers (10GB 30 days): - Nomad £8.78 - Airalo £11.90 - Saily £12.00 - Ubigi £13.50 - BetterRoaming £13.85 And Lebara (at 7 days more but 2GB less): £25, with the non-discount price being £33. Not competitive at all is what I would say.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    "or on the transit path", e.g. congestion which I would put in the routing issue category. I don't think you are wrong. Read my original comment, I said that I think that 30kbps is too low for it to be only a routing issue. But let's just end it with: We agree that the slow speeds were either due to harsher throttling than advertised or due to bad routing/transit but probably a mix of both. The experience you had doesn't match what you would expect and deserves to be called out.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    Also this which tracks with what I said in my original comment about 30kbps being abysmally slow: https://preview.redd.it/3yahm8b3ekih1.png?width=1080&format=png&auto=webp&s=767223374c31459d728670397bf0a277fce5c102

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    Because the issue is not the throttling. They set it up correctly at their end. The issue is the routing and the speed/latency quality loss that comes along with it. Your China Unicom SIM works like this: phone --> China Unicom network --> website Your Nomad SIM works like this: phone --> China Unicom network --> Nomad SIM supplier (further away in Hong Kong/Singapore/etc) --> website. It has an extra step and everything needs to be routed to servers outside of China. Your Nomad eSIM is unlocked for full data speeds for 2GB/day. Meaning you should get/are unlocked for 250-350Mbps (which you found out was possible on the network by testing with the Unicom SIM). Still, only 35Mbps arrive with Nomad. If you now lock the Nomad SIM at max. 1Mbps at the supplier level (in Hong Kong/Singapore), you can see how it is likely that the full 1Mbps will not survive the routing. Your observations for throttling would be completely correct if you had simple/less routing like the China Unicom SIM. But there you don't have the loss of routing to HK/SG there which takes away speed. Am I a fan of it? No. I would also be mad if 1Mbps are advertised and I got useless speeds instead. But that is the most likely technical explanation of why your speeds on Nomad (both throttled and unthrottled) are that slow compared to what the network could achieve.

    AsieIllimité
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    Think of it like this: - They want to give you "full speed" (which you confirmed to be around 250Mbps) but only deliver 35Mbps (the rest gets lost somewhere, probably in routing). Meaning only <10% of their set full speed actually arrive. - They want to give you 1Mbps but only deliver around 30Kbps, meaning a similarily low percentage of the intended set speed reaches your phone. Basically as I see it, they want to give you the amount but it gets lost on the way to you. Which speedtest di you use?

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    If their full speed is 35Mbps vs the possible 300 on the Unicom SIM (probably because of routing) then I am not surprised that the theoretical 1Mbps is much slower.. I know that's not what you wanted to hear

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for use in China that bypasses GFW by tunneling traffic outside of China

    All eSims you can buy on platforms such as Airalo, Nomad, trip.com will bypass the GFW. (Mostly via HK or Singapore) Only the eSIMs that are actually sold in China (by a Chinese carrier) will be affected by the GFW. Definitely purchase and install/setup the eSIM while outside of China. Your plan (e.g. 15 days) will activate when you connect to a Chinese network.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · How to verify WiFi calling using an eSIM while still at home?

    You CAN make wifi calls using Wifi (if it is supported when abroad by Verizon). Samsung does not allow using the data of the esim (in this case Nomad) for "Wifi calling". There is a workaround but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't really know what you are doing. To be 100% sure you use Wifi calling and not get charged, use u/mrskeptical00 's method.

    r/eSIMs · Thoughts on Yesim international eSIM? It comes out to CAD$ 4.80/GB. I need to guarantee reliable connectivity at destination for tech unsavvy seniors.

    Okay so basically, you need to differentiate between two types of **Global** plans. **1. Global fixed-GB, fixed time eSIM, fully prepaid.** This one can be bought at many providers ( e.g. [https://www.getnomad.app/en/global-eSIM](https://www.getnomad.app/en/global-eSIM) or [https://www.airalo.com/global-esim](https://www.airalo.com/global-esim) or [https://www.jetpacglobal.com/product-details/global-esim](https://www.jetpacglobal.com/product-details/global-esim) and also Yesim's regular Global plan [https://yesim.app/global/global-package-esim/](https://yesim.app/global/global-package-esim/) ). You prepay the amount in full. Using Nomad as an example, you pay $36 USD for 5GB for 30 days. This is not only very expensive but also, after these 30 days from activation, your data will expire even if you didn't use all of it. *(This is also how 1 country or regional plans work)* 2. **Global pay-as-you-go eSIM, unlimited validity, prepaid balance that only gets used when data is actually consumed.** This is the second type of eSIM that not many providers offer ( e.g. [https://roamless.com](https://roamless.com) (pay-as-you go a.k.a. "flex"), [https://esim.sm/global-esim](https://esim.sm/global-esim) (Global esim only) and apparently also Yesim's "international" plan [https://yesim.app/international-esim/](https://yesim.app/international-esim/) ). Here you load up your balance and it deducts according to your usage. If the price is $2.50 USD per GB data in the USA and you use 500MB of data there, $1.25 USD will be deducted from your balance. If you do not use your balance in one trip, you can use it for your next trip because it has unlimited validity/no expiry (at least Roamless and [esim.sm](http://esim.sm), don't know about Yesim's international eSIM).

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · What's the best esim for asia region?

    Yes that's definitely a very good option since AIS is a local carrier in Thailand: https://www.ais.th/en/consumers/package/international/tourist-plan true/dtac (also local carriers) have a similar very good deal: https://www.true.th/en/prepaid/sim/tourist The true/dtac plan can also be bought from Airalo (https://www.airalo.com/thailand-esim under data / calls / texts option) and Nomad (https://www.getnomad.app/en/thailand-eSIM) == As for using the AIS plan for other countries, I am not sure. It says under terms and conditions (e.g. here https://www.ais.th/esim-traveller/#/mealdetail?areaId=68) "for Thai user only". == TLDR; For usage in Thailand itself you can definitely go with AIS or true/dtac directly (or resold plans via Airalo/Nomad). For other countries, it seems like it's for Thai users only, so would not do that. Also, if you go with AIS/true/dtac, only install the esim when arriving in Thailand on Wifi to avoid issues.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Best unlimited data eSIM for USA with full hotspot support?

    iRoamly offers an "unlimited" plan where the support told me the speed is "unlimited with average speed of 10-20Mbps". When I tested it in reality, I got 1GB of full speed per day and then 12Mbps after. MicroEsim also offers an unlimited plan that says the same thing ("unlimited with average speed of 10-20Mbps") so I assume it's the same thing (but a little cheaper). 12Mbps is a usable speed but it will obviously be slower if many people are connected to it. [https://microesim.com/products/united-states-esim](https://microesim.com/products/united-states-esim) https://preview.redd.it/lohc9yfqkn7f1.jpeg?width=1077&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e1118c4ce9da66e1600798f84b30af33cce37cee As I said, it might be better to just buy a larger data amount (e.g. 50GB for $27 at Nomad [https://www.getnomad.app/en/united-states-eSIM/50gb-30day](https://www.getnomad.app/en/united-states-eSIM/50gb-30day)) and top-up/add-on data if needed. This way there will be no speed restrictions.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · looking for a esim app (from australia to greece)

    Hello! I recommend getting a fixed GB amount instead of anything "unlimited". For European plans you have many options, including (price low to high): EscapeSIM (Aussie company), Jetpac, MobiMatter (Sparks plans), Nomad, RedteaGO, esim.sm, BNEsim, Saily, Airalo. However, I would advise you to only buy the esim as few days before you leave since many have activation deadlines (sometimes only 30 days).

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · What's the best esim for asia region?

    To begin, there is no such thing as unlimited data with travel esims (at least 99% of the time), get a fixed GB plan instead: https://www.reddit.com/r/eSIMs/s/e7tR1vQRyl Since you want one that fits all: (from price high to low) https://www.billionconnect.net/pages/skuDetail/skuDetail?productId=5572 https://escapesim.com.au/eSIMs-for-multiple-countries?country_ids=31,83,126,87&countries=China%2C+Macao+China%2C+Singapore%2C+Malaysia (especially 'Asia 9' plans, be aware prices are in AUD) https://www.jetpacglobal.com/product-details/asia-pacific-esim/ https://mobimatter.com/esim-china?selected=CN%2CMY%2CSG%2CMO https://microesim.com/de/products/asia-12-regions-esim https://www.getnomad.app/en/apac-eSIM Most of these will route your data via Hong Kong though, where some websites are restricted (e.g. TikTok, ChatGPT, Gemini). So having a VPN if you encounter issues would be handy. Some of these MIGHT not route via Hong Kong (Jetpac, Mobimatter, Nomad) but I am not sure about that (also they are the most expensive). You can also get a global PAYG eSIM like Roamless (routes via Singapore) or esim.sm (via Poland), so no restrictions. You pay per GB used with each country having a per GB set price. Will definitely be more expensive though and would not recommend if you are a heavy data user.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · What’s the best choice

    If that's the case, check out https://www.esim4travel.com/kenya-esim Relatively okay price (Africa esims are generally more expensive) and runs on the Airtel network (which is not as good as Safaricom, especially in rural areas but it might be good enough, see: /r/Kenya/comments/15h2p29/). You can top-up if you need more data. Otherwise there are also options like MobiMatter, EscapeSIM, Nomad (but the all also seem to run on the Airtel network) Hope this helps.

    r/eSIMs · Travelling from Demark to thailand

    Nomad sells a tourist eSIM from a local network operator (dtac), so it's better and much cheaper. Just read the details/instructions carefully.

    AsiePas cher
  • DenisYurchak 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for spain?

    I extensively travel between Spain and the US. Need internet for Zoom calls and work. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable + I only spent a week per destination, so a local sim was not justifiable.  I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo and Nomad cost. I don’t need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot and have video calls everywhere I went. 10 Gb for Spain costs under 9 bucks, which is a very fair deal. https://preview.redd.it/5tkszlfwthhg1.png?width=2644&format=png&auto=webp&s=1707b975388fd40b5fcc56f3667896833b2cf740

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for both France and Spain?

    I extensively travel between France and Spain. Need internet mainly for Zoom calls. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable + I only spent a week per destination, so a local sim was not justifiable.  I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo and Nomad cost. I don’t need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot and have video calls everywhere I went. 10 Gb for Spain and France costs under 9 bucks, which is a very fair deal. https://preview.redd.it/4ij0wubughhg1.png?width=2706&format=png&auto=webp&s=74178fc84a93023f14e63b64056be2148af784ae

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSIM recommendations for Spain

    I travel extensively between Spain and the US. Need internet for Zoom calls and work. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable + I only spent a week per destination, so a local sim was not justifiable.  I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo and Nomad cost. I don’t need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot and have video calls everywhere I went. 10 Gb for Spain costs under 9 bucks, which is a very fair deal. You can also buy an esim for your wife and yourself, and activate them from one dashboard, comes in handy when traveling with fam.

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
  • Confident_Compote531 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • wen-y-l 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • nomescriba 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    I did [Nomad](http://nomadesim.com/japan-eSim) the 20GB plan while the pokemon fest, in 8 days used about 17GBs and was using heavily. I usually set up and add to the phone before the trip, and once i land that it sees the japanese network that is when they count it as active. For my trip i checked Arialo and Orange travel that ive used in the past for Europe… on both those companies the 20GB plan or equivalent was almost $10 more. With Nomad I got majority 5G networks, i only did Tokyo btw.

    ActivationJaponPas cher
  • No_Poetry_1527 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Help, need last minute ESim advice

    For a short trip like that, I’d just grab an eSIM from Airalo or Nomad for data and keep his existing number on WhatsApp / Signal for “calls” back home. They both piggyback on big US networks and work fine in stadium crowds, just pick a plan that explicitly uses AT&T or T‑Mobile. If he really needs actual voice minutes, T‑Mobile prepaid tourist style plans or an AT&T prepaid eSIM from something like US Mobile / Mint can work, but for one week data‑only + WiFi calling apps is usually way cheaper and way less hassle.

    États-Unis
  • mundaar 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for China

    Can confirm Roamless, Airalo and Nomad all work perfectly and bypass the firewall.

  • mrskeptical00 🇬🇧🌐

    11 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Anyone know of a proper PAYG global solution?

    If you reduce your requirements I’m sure you’ll find something that works. Sounds like you’re good for phones just not for travel router? I think a prepaid plan is best for the router if you don’t stress over unused data. Nomad offers 50GB of US data for $25 ($0.50GB), that’s more than 60% less than the price of most PAYG eSIM providers. PAYG is usually best for low data usage (with some exceptions) and prepaid is better for bulk data.

    HotspotPas cherÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Europe ESim

    Most Travel eSIM operators offer a regional EU plan. Airalo, Alo, Nomad, JetPac, Sparks, Saily all offer what you’re after. Prices vary, service is good on all. Sparks and JetPac should have the best pricing. I saw JetPac has a deal for 30GB for $20ish bucks.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Why do you need wifi to install esims?

    I apologize, as this sub mostly about travel eSIMs and OP was asking about travel eSIM I didn’t realize you were referring to a carrier’s own eSIMs. Yes, carriers can and do allow their network to be used for their own eSIMs as that’s helpful to them - **they do not** allow their networks to be used to install 3rd party eSIMs which it seemed to me that you were suggesting. Installing an eSIM from Airalo or Nomad will require a data connection of some sort.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Esim advice for travelling

    Our advice is to use Lyca in the UK. If you want use something different, Airalo, Alo, Roamless, JetPac, Sparks, BNE, Saily, Nomad are all other options that work in the UK. Yesim is not recommended because the only people that ever recommend it are spammers.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Brazil?

    **Brazil (Pricing in $USD unless stated)** **Airalo** 2 GB/15 Days $7.50 2 GB/15 Days $7.50 3 GB/30 Days $10.00 3 GB/30 Days $10.00 5 GB/30 Days $14.00 5 GB/30 Days $14.00 10 GB/30 Days $25.00 10 GB/30 Days $25.00 20 GB/30 Days $38.00 20 GB/30 Days $38.00 **Nomad** 3 GB/30 Days $10.00 5 GB/30 Days $14.00 10 GB/30 Days $24.00 20 GB/30 Days $37.00 **Jetpac** 5 GB / 30 Days $14.00 10 GB / 30 Days $24.99 15 GB / 30 Days $29.99 **Saily** 3 GB/30 Days $9.99 5 GB/30 Days $13.99 10 GB/30 Days $24.99 20 GB/30 Days $39.99 **Sparks** 1 GB/60 Days $3.60 2 GB/60 Days $6.00 3 GB/60 Days $8.50 5 GB/60 Days $13.20 10 GB/60 Days $25.20 15 GB/60 Days $37.60 (Prices are for comparison purposes and not a recommendation)

    r/eSIMs · Recommendation for UK/France?

    u/esims_bot Europe You can get one European eSIM that supports both UK & France (see below). Saily, Nomad & Airalo allow you to manage all the eSIM’s from one account (although you can’t name the eSIMs with Saily).

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for travel (multiple countries)

    u/esims_bot Asia It’s your usage that determines how quickly you use data, it has nothing to do with the eSIM company. Airalo and Nomad along with the companies below are well known brands. You shouldn’t have an issue with any of them.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Anyone use airalo and been stitched up?

    Are any of the “top” providers? On recent trips for myself and what I’ve setup for friends I’ve used Airalo, Alo, BNE, Gigsky (for cruises), Roamless, Saily & Tello (not a travel eSIM by great choice for the US if you want a phone number). I’ve used Nomad and it’s good too, but it’s just more of the same and since I don’t have any credit with them I don’t see a benefit over Alo or Airalo. I’d also use JetPac and Sparks if I was going to the EU. One of my considerations is that I manage eSIMs for family and friends. Airalo, Alo, Nomad have very clean UIs and they make it easy to manage and retire old eSIMs. The problem with JetPac and Roamless is that I can’t purchase multiple eSIMs. I like BNE and their non-expiring data and good deals - but when I was in the US their exit node was in EU and it had higher latency than the rest - but it’s fine for kids that are just happy to have data :) Saily is good service, has a US exit node and I just moved my dad over to them from Airalo. For some reason he’d always lose signal on Airalo until he started actively using his phone, this doesn’t happen with Saily - but Saily has a really weird UI where they don’t let you delete or archive old eSIMs so I’ve got a bunch of eSIMs on my account that I don’t use. It does seem you can *reuse* them if the app notices they’ve been uninstalled, but I have one eSIMs that was removed that still shows as install so it’s kinda annoying. Another negative with Saily is that eSIMs will automatically be activated within 30 days of purchase. In the end, even a cheap GlobalYo eSIM will work - just at a higher latency and a cringy UI.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · USA eSIM?

    The US is in a unique position in the word where they have mobile operators that you can easily signup for and that are cheaper than most travel esims like Nomad. Tello is a real US mobile operator and as such it also comes with a phone number - like AT&T and T-Mobile do. Nomad, Airalo, Roamless are travel eSIM providers that just resell roaming data from other major providers. This means they have slower and lower quality of service. Latency from Verizon/TMobile/Tello will be around 15-30ms vs travel eSIM providers which will be in 60-500ms range - with most falling in the 150-350 range. So if the price isn't cheaper and you don't get voice calling, why bother?

    Rapport qualité-prixÉtats-Unis
  • trek123 🇬🇧

    6 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM UAE

    Data costs in the UAE are very very high. Most of the reputable providers max out at bundles around 20GB, eg JetPac, BNESIM, Nomad. Monty and Mobimatter's eSIMGo sell a 50GB plan but the cheaper of the two is US$59. GLOBALYO appears to be a little cheaper but reviews are very mixed around here. If you fly into Dubai airport you can ask for a free Du SIM at the immigration counter (you can convert this to an eSIM at a Du store if you need). It comes with 10GB data for 24 hours only. However prices are still very expensive - you can buy unlimited data for 14 days for AED 299 which is about US$82. Free wifi is very prevelant across Dubai (all the malls etc, metro stations and more). If you use it you should be able to get away with a lot less data.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Catch-22 with eSIM activation?

    I think you are mixing up installation and the plan activation. Most travel eSIMs let you install and initially activate beforehand (which is the bit that requires internet) then only fully activate once they connect to the network. Airalo shouldn't have an issue with this nor should most of the major travel companies like Ubigi, Nomad, Sparks. A few eSIMs, usually the real local ones, will only install and activate once within their home country. Lycamobile is the most common one mentioned here because people often need up with them, but not the only one. If you are super concerned, put a small amount of credit onto a global eSIM like Roamless or eSIM.sm's global eSIM and that will at least get you started if your main eSIM doesn't work on landing for whatever reason.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Lookup for esim apn location?

    There is no resource for this. For a guaranteed local IP you have to go to a real local provider. For US there's many... (eg Tello, US Mobile, Visible, Lyca US...) Beyond that it ranges from: * they tell you: Escape eSIM tells you the underlying provider, Nesa Mobile tells you the IP breakout * they don't tell you but it's owned by a carrier so always them: GoMoWorld is Eir Ireland, Red Bull Mobile is A1 Austria, Orange Travel is Orange France * they don't tell you but it's well known: Sparks is well known to be Plus Poland, esim.sm's global plan is also Plus Poland as is DENT, Roamless is known to be a US local breakout * they don't tell you at all, you can try to ask but they might change it with no notice: most providers including Airalo, Holafly, Nomad

    r/eSIMs · E-SIM for 4 days in the UK?

    The roaming speeds aren't "limited" directly by them by because of how roaming works it won't be as fast as a native SIM/eSIM of the country. Your data has to route back to the home country. However products like Airalo, Nomad, Jetpac and all the other travel eSIMs do exactly the same thing too, so it's not going to be much different from those.

  • MilesandMinutes 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Simcard or esim to use for 3 weeks travel Australia, Taiwan, Japan and Vietnam

    For a trip like that, buying a local SIM in each country will usually be the cheapest option, especially in Vietnam and Taiwan where data is really inexpensive. If you’d rather not swap SIMs, regional eSIMs from providers like Airalo or Nomad cover all four but cost more. I’d say if convenience matters most, go eSIM; if you’re fine stopping at airports/shops, local SIMs give you better value.

    Asie
  • Fearless_Sandwich103 🇬🇧🌐

    10 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Esim for Thailand

    Thailand has many good options! - Airalo 10$-50gb -> KYC pain though! Its 4G - Jetpac - 10$-50gb -> no KYC -> its 5G - Nomad - 8.5$ - 50gb -> KYC pain -> Its 4G

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Egypt eSim

    Check out Airalo, Jetpac and Nomad! All A players and work pretty well!

    r/eSIMs · Traveling to europe

    Unlimited is a marketing hoax. Plz check fair usage policy in FAQ or tech specs. On esim providers - i recommend you check Airalo, Jetpac and Nomad for europe. I have personally used all three and all are pretty good, and key difference is in pricing and perks

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · I need a good esim - please help

    Check out the following players Europe offering - Airalo, Jetpac and Nomad - all good and personally tested for Europe! Airhub is a scam and better to stay away from them

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Dominican Republic

    I looked up pricing of my go-to esims! Comparing 3gb and 5gb 3gb - airalo - $21 - Jetpac - $19 - Nomad - $32 - Saily - $21 5gb - Airalo - $32.5 - Jetpac - $30 - Nomad - $49 - Saily - $34

  • Visual-Major6284 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim advice needed

    Choose a provider that offers eSIMs for Australia, such as Airalo, Holafly, Nomad, or local Australian carriers. Some eSIMs activate immediately upon installation, while others activate only when you connect to a network in Australia. Read the provider’s terms to check when activation starts.

  • Physical_Bus2822 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · SE Asia

    All countries in SE Asia offer extremely cheap local SIMs/eSIMs so you would overpay using Airalo or Nomad. I would get myself a small Asia plan of 1 or 3 GB from BNESIM and apply their promo code FLY30 to get enough data in every country for the first few days until you sort it out to get a local one

    AsieRapport qualité-prix
  • have_lumber 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · My iPhone dual sim won’t work at all (14ProMax)

    * **Access settings:** Go to your phone's settings and find the "Cellular" or "Mobile Data" option.  * **Select Nomad eSIM:** Choose the Nomad eSIM profile from the list of available cellular plans.  * **Enter APN details:** In the APN settings section, manually enter the specific APN information provided by Nomad.  * **Enable roaming:** Make sure data roaming is turned on for your Nomad eSIM.  Important points to remember: * **Check your email:**The exact APN details for your Nomad eSIM will be provided in the activation email you received.  * **Nomad app access:**You can also access your eSIM details and manage activation through the Nomad app. 

    Activation
  • MDthrowItaway 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/JapanTravelTips · I need Esim advice. I was BADLY burnt by Ubigi.

    Baught an orange travel for 10 days in Hokkaido about a month ago and my partner used one from nomad and we had no issues. I prepurchased 3 for HK from orange and one was not able to be activated, and I contacted customer service and they immediately sent a new one.

    Japon
  • ElectronicCress3132 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • supermario_______ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Flimsy-Process230 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    That “fair usage policy” isn’t exclusive to Nomad. Most eSIM providers have a similar policy for their “unlimited” data plans. They usually have a daily high-speed data cap, and once you exceed it, your speed gets throttled to something very slow. That’s why I always buy eSIMs with a fixed amount of data, like 5 GB, 20 GB, or 30 GB. That way all the data you pay for is high-speed until you use it up. In my opinion, buying an “unlimited” eSIM is rarely a good option because it’s not really unlimited high-speed data.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    I understand your frustration, but Nomad (or any major eSIM provider) does not guarantee a minimum speed after you’ve used the allotted daily high-speed data on an unlimited eSIM plan. In this case, 1 Mbps is the maximum speed they may provide after the daily cap is reached, but it is not guaranteed. Actual speeds are network-dependent and Nomad explicitly states that they can also vary depending on factors such as network congestion and signal strength. The important thing is to inform others and share our experiences so that users can make an informed decision before purchasing. Personally, I always buy eSIMs with a fixed amount of data rather than “unlimited” plans precisely because I know these plans often come with this kind of limitation.

    Illimité
  • ReplyKind8901 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Anyone try Simbye eSim? Looking for good price on travel eSim for Europe.

    I haven’t used Simbye, so can’t really comment on that one, but I used Nomad eSIM on my recent trip to Albania and it worked quite well for me. I bought the 50GB plan, but for one week I only ended up using around 11GB, so I probably didn’t need that much. Of course, it depends on usage, especially if your kids will be streaming on car rides. For travelling around Europe, I saw that Nomad also has a Europe regional plan, so from what I understand, you can buy one plan and use it across multiple European countries instead of buying separate plans for each stop. Might be worth comparing that with the other options depending on how much data your family usually uses.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · El Salvador eSIM

    I’d compare a few providers based on data allowance, plan validity and local network coverage rather than choosing purely on price. Nomad, Airalo and Holafly are all worth checking, especially if you need a larger plan or unlimited data. I’ve been using Nomad eSIM for a while and have found it straightforward. Whichever provider you choose, it’s best to purchase and install the eSIM before you leave, then activate it once you arrive at your destination.

    r/eSIMs · which esim for USA

    For a month in the Midwest, I'd personally look at a few options depending on your budget and how much data you need. * If you want the cheapest option, a local SIM/eSIM from T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon will usually give you the best value. * If you want something you can set up before you fly, I've had decent experiences with Nomad esim, Airalo, and Holafly. * If you're planning to drive through more rural areas, I'd lean toward plans that use the AT&T or Verizon networks, as coverage can be noticeably better outside major cities. The Midwest is generally well covered, but if you're going through smaller towns or national parks, network quality matters more than the eSIM brand itself. I'd avoid choosing purely on price. A few extra dollars for a plan with better coverage can save a lot of frustration on a month-long trip.

    ActivationÉtats-Unis
  • chuckfr 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad in europe

    I can't speak to Nomad directly but i don't seem to recall any more bad stories about them than other providers. I've used RedTeaGo myself several times now and been happy with it. It was recommended by colleagues in the EU. Some friends and co-workers have now used it as well with no issues to speak of. I am a cautious person so whatever plan you decide to go with have one or two other providers installed on your phone with accounts set up. That way you have options ready to go should your first choice fail for some reason. I had problems with my first eSIM choice and after about 15 minutes of basic trouble shooting installed an RTG eSIM and haven't looked back. Vacations are too short to stress over little things that can be fixed that quick and cheaply.

  • _mnr 🇬🇧🌐

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Canadian Travel eSIM Testing

    Nomad Canada plan using Bell/Telus. Airalo global plan using Bell/Telus/Rogers, probably many more but just checked those 2 apps first.

  • DonDee74 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for cruise

    Not sure how long your trip is, but... [esim.io](http://esim.io) has a promo for global esim 5GB for 7 days for $1.90. I assume you can purchase multiple if 5GB is not enough. nomad esim has a 3-day 1GB free trial that can be used as a back-up.

    Pas cher
  • HeatedAlienSuperstar 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • nomadality 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · What’s the best eSIM provider for traveling in 2026?

    I actual install two eSims now to get better coverage since I end up in the countryside a lot from cycling. When I don’t get a local eSim, I usually get one from Airalo and one from Nomad if I can confirm their networks don’t overlap completely. I’ve had better service from Nomad in Portugal and now in Greece, they are about the same.

    Europe
  • YL-Strong 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · First time Nomad user for EU trip and now Turkey?

    You first buy the eSIM for Turkey. Now you have 2 eSIMs. Both are turned off because your primary is on. When you arrive Italy/Switzerland, you turn off your primary and turn on Nomad. Then when you arrive Turkey you turn off Nomad and turn on Turkey eSIM. Btw I was just in Italy and Switzerland in December and used Nomad. Worked well.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSim for unlocked iPhone 12 for teen traveling to Europe

    We just used 3 different eSIMs during Christmas and new years in Europe. Airalo. Yesim. Nomad. The word “activate” and “install” are confusing. After you purchase. You “install” the app but it is the word “activate” that is shown on the blue bar. So you’d press “activate” to continue the “install process”. When you are done installing. It does not mean it’s “activated”. At this time you still using your primary sim on the phone. When you arrive destination then you’d “activate” it by toggle off your primary line and toggle on eSIM.

    ActivationEurope
  • eSIMs_bot 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Traveling through multiple asian countries. Look for an esim that works for all of them.

    **Asia (Pricing in $USD unless stated)** **Airalo** 2 GB/15 Days $9.50 3 GB/30 Days $13.00 5 GB/30 Days $20.00 10 GB/30 Days $37.00 **Nomad** 3 GB/30 Days $13.00 5 GB/30 Days $17.00 10 GB/30 Days $20.00 20 GB/45 Days $30.00 **Jetpac** 5GB/ 30 Days $15.00 10GB/ 30 Days $19.99 15GB/ 30 Days $29.99 30GB/ 30 Days $39.99 **Saily** 3 GB/30 Days $12.49 5 GB/30 Days $19.49 10 GB/30 Days $35.99 (Prices are for comparison purposes and not a recommendation)

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · looking for best carribean esim

    **Caribbean (Pricing in $USD unless stated)** **Airalo** 2 GB/15 Days $15.00 3 GB/30 Days $21.00 5 GB/30 Days $32.50 10 GB/30 Days $49.00 **Nomad** 3 GB/30 Days $17.00 5 GB/30 Days $21.00 10 GB/30 Days $36.00 20 GB/30 Days $49.00 **Jetpac** 5GB/ 30 Days $21.00 10GB/ 30 Days $36.00 15GB/ 30 Days $49.99 30GB/ 30 Days $69.99 (Prices are for comparison purposes and not a recommendation)

    r/eSIMs · Nomad eSIM through a US trip of 4 people, honest review

    **United_states (Pricing in $USD unless stated)** **Airalo** 2 GB/15 Days $7.00 2 GB/15 Days $12.50 3 GB/30 Days $9.00 3 GB/30 Days $16.00 5 GB/30 Days $14.00 5 GB/30 Days $22.50 10 GB/30 Days $23.00 10 GB/30 Days $34.50 20 GB/30 Days $37.00 **Nomad** 3 GB/30 Days $9.00 5 GB/30 Days $13.00 10 GB/30 Days $15.00 20 GB/30 Days $18.00 50 GB/30 Days $27.00 **Jetpac** 5 GB / 30 Days $12.99 10 GB / 30 Days $15.99 15 GB / 30 Days $19.99 20 GB / 30 Days $35.00 30 GB / 30 Days $29.99 40 GB / 30 Days $34.99 Unlimited / 10 Days $33.99 **Saily** 3 GB/30 Days $8.99 5 GB/30 Days $13.99 10 GB/30 Days $22.99 20 GB/30 Days $36.99 **Sparks** 1 GB/60 Days $4.40 2 GB/60 Days $5.40 3 GB/60 Days $6.20 5 GB/60 Days $8.00 10 GB/60 Days $12.40 15 GB/60 Days $18.20 30 GB/90 Days $35.90 (Prices are for comparison purposes and not a recommendation)

    États-Unis
  • ehhthing 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Which eSIM is better for China/ Taiwan/ HK and Macao?

    Get one eSIM for CN/HK/MO and one eSIM for Taiwan. Use CUniq for CN/HK/MO. Note that escapeesim also sells CUniq products. Main reason I recommend this is you’ll get good latency to both HK and also CN services, which is ultra important because CN websites are generally very very slow when being accessed from outside the GFW. Some eSIMs for China will have terrible latency to Chinese services for this reason. If you can find a good CMLink/China Mobile product that covers these three areas you might want to consider that instead. It’ll get tunneled to Singapore instead of HK which increases latency by around 40ms but it’ll still be pretty good. I found CUniq to have some trouble connecting to 5G networks, mostly stuck on LTE in CN (5G in HK and MO) but even in extremely crowded areas near CNY I did not have any issues with LTE. For Taiwan I found Nomad to be pretty good, there’s a discount code on esimdb as well.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Nomad for Japan and china?

    All eSIMs bypass the GFW. As for quality it’s probably fine, but also a bit expensive for what you get. I’d consider RedTeaGo’s China plan combined with https://shop.maaltalk.com/japan-softbank-5g-daily.html instead. Should be better quality than Nomad with more data, and cost about the same amount.

    AsieJaponRapport qualité-prix
  • ChumNoy 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · looking for an eSIM for paris/spain

    No problem! I've also tried eSIMs with free trials like Nomad and GigSky and they work fine as long as the server is in the Europe. Eskimo eSIM is based in Singapore so the ping was too high 300+ making it unusable. Roamless was great but also expensive + you don't get a phone number. It's not a one size fits all. A little warning about Orange Travel eSIM. If you purchase a 1GB or 4GB plan with calling, they assign you a Polish number instead of a French one. Their chat support told me that, which was very helpful as I almost bought one just for local calling in France. I started off on an Orange Travel eSIM (Europe 100GB) for $40. When I wanted to top-up the same eSIM, they want $60 otherwise to do that. Or I could purchase a new eSIM with a new number for the "promo" price. That didn't make sense to me so I shopped around and hence ended up on Lebara for now. Hope this helps!

  • Snidely1459 🇬🇧

    6 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · How is Ubigi In Uzbekistan? Or any eSIM works well there?

    It’s more complicated than that and the core doesn’t do all of the things you listed. There are other separate elements to manage eSIM profiles and handle routing of signaling and bearer traffic. Having your own core benefits a travel eSIM company in that they get to manage the users and see the data traffic themselves rather than relying on other mobile operators, but it can add latency. All roaming data traffic is brought back to the home network (in Transatel’s case this is France) so users in Asia may see more latency than with Airalo or Nomad who have termination points in Singapore and Hong Kong through their partnerships.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Global vs Regional vs Local plans

    It’s price arbitrage. The global plan has cheap EU and Asian countries so on average across all users they make money. The LatAm plan only has the more expensive countries so they charge more. Only a fool would buy the LatAm plan. And def look at other providers. Airalo is usually the most expensive. Nomad has a LatAm plan for $79 for 20 GB.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · What does this mean?

    This is just a check to remind people that their phone needs to be unlocked to use Nomad or other travel eSIM companies. If you bought your phone outright it should be unlocked, but you can check in Settings - General - About - Carrier Lock and it should say No SIM restrictions.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Why would anybody recommend Orange??

    Service works as long as you don't need any customer support at all. They are well known for just ignoring support requests. If you're a savvy eSIM user, you'll probably be fine. If you're a beginner, Airalo or Nomad would be a better option.

  • vince085 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Ambitious_Cook_8616 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What e-sim would you suggest for Kyrgyzstan?

    I haven’t been to Kyrgyzstan yet, but I’ve used Pocket eSIM in other countries and it worked smoothly, so I’d probably go with that there too. Another option I’ve seen people mention is Nomad, which usually has smaller data packages if you don’t need a lot. For a short trip like yours, either of those should cover basic work check-ins without overpaying.

    AsiePas cher
  • ckoehncke 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad China - out?

    As update, I've chatted with Nomad customer support twice. So far the problem is not resolved (big surprise). I posted a lengthy post in the Airalo forum about how these ESIM providers actually work. In short, this is a cheap consumer 1x purchase for most, so don't expect great customer service for your $20. Given the ESIM sellers aren't actually a network provider (they buy it from others in EACH country) performance will vary widely. If you're travelling on vacation, I suggest buying the absolutel min and make sure it works ok while you are in that country before putting more $$$ into your account. If Airalo and Nomad are both buying service from reseller 'X' in country 'Y' and the performance is bad on Airalo, well -- it won't be better on Nomad (or any other provider). The telecom world is a true maze of companies you've never heard of and it changes daily, this is complex for the ESIM providers to keep up with. Plus the ESIM providers aren't big $$$ to the telecom operators so don't expect rapid response to anything. A good example is Europe where the EU ruled NO roaming charges. Thus your ESIM provider might buy services from a wholesaler provider in Spain connected to the Telefonica O2 network. If you're in Germany and turn the phone on, it will connect to a local provider who in turns sends all your data back to O2 Spain who in turn sends your data to that wholesale provider who then dumps it in to the Internet in Spain. As you might imagine performance will vary depending on data conditions in (1) the local mobile provider network (2) the connection between the local provider and the serving carrier and (3) the connection between the serving carrier and the wholesale provider and finally (4) the wholesale provider connectivity to the Internet. In short - postings about 'performance' are mostly meaningless as any of the above 4 conditions can impact what you see on your phone. With this complexity, it's a miracle that it works!

    Remboursement
  • Impossible_Moose3551 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · First time eSim user

    I used Nomad eSIM in Europe this summer and I have Verizon. It was like $20 for 30 days, worked great. If you have an iPhone under cellular you will see eSIM and primary you can turn them on or off. If you are on WiFi you can turn your primary sim on and get your messages without getting charged the $10 a day fee Verizon charges. WiFi is easy to find in Europe so you probably don’t need much data.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM for multiple European countries?

    I bought a nomad eSIM for multiple countries in Europe. You might double check what countries it covers but I think it’s all of Southern Europe. It worked great, was easy and cheap.

    EuropePas cher
  • Jealous-Buy5422 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSim recommendations for China

    From my experience, Redteago works pretty well in China compared to many other eSIM providers. Their China data plans offer decent speeds for browsing and messaging.Other eSIM providers like Airalo and Nomad also offer China plans but I found their speeds less consistent in my trips. Redteago strikes a good balance between price, speed, and coverage.For Singapore coverage during your layover, Redteago has multi-country plans including Singapore which is convenient so you don’t need to swap SIMs

    Asie
  • Florida_dreamer_TV 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for the UK

    Why would you do that when you can get a nomad esim for instance, I just looked, for $20 for 20 gb and it works on all 3 of those networks.

    Pas cher
  • vanfanel842 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad eSIM Didn't work

    OP, can you provide more information? There's lots of good questions raised to you in this thread and many of us haven't had any major issues with nomad in the past so we'd like to better understand the underlying cause. I used nomad in Italy, Greece, and Malta in multiple vacations and only had a few places with slow service. Setup was fairly easy on my iPhone. I installed the esim before I landed and was able to connect via roaming with automatic provider when I landed. I don't think any esim is perfect but at the same time, there are known problems that can occur if some steps were missed. We'd like to find out what happened.

    ActivationEurope
  • brim25 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM

    This was a worry I had too! I activated the eSIM and then turned it off until I got to my destination. I never turned off my primary eSIM only turned off the data roaming to avoid any charges so basically during my trip I had both eSIMs turned on but was using the data from the Nomad eSIM and then I just turned it off once I was back home.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM

    Hi, all the phones were iPhones. While in Paris and Rome we always had 5G, 3G in some areas where the service was spotty while in Madrid it was mostly LTE but it was still just as quick and great service. I would definitely say Nomad is reliable, I was iffy too as it was my very first time using an eSIM but I’m so glad I chose Nomad. Their customer service is also quick! 1 day before leaving for my trip we had a bit of a problem where I was trying to access my account on their app and website but the issue seemed to be with our home wifi and they quickly let me know what the possible issue could be and everything was resolved.

    ActivationEuropeRemboursement
  • kuyapete19 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best ESim in Taipei & Taichung Taiwan?

    Hmm so sad. Anyway, I can recommend you an esim from Nomad app, then select APAC under regional coverage. That's 20GB - 45 days- $30. Also you may choose 15GB for $10 from mobimatter, select taiwan only then the carrier is three from hongkong. Note that you can't use tiktok when using 3HK sim, but you may bypass it by using a VPN. If there's another concern you may ask, just PM me

    ActivationAsie
  • ElButchero25 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Esim search tool which shows you roaming providers?

    I don’t think there is a comparison tool of all providers, but on this link you find the networks per provider if available: [https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-australia/](https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-australia/) some are optus, but I also see Nomad and Airalo using other networks. You could also check [https://www.nperf.com/en/map/AU/-/-/](https://www.nperf.com/en/map/AU/-/-/) for network coverage and speeds available per region. just a heads up: off the beaten path might mean less coverage at all, whether you use an esim or a local sim card. Good luck!

    r/eSIMs · Recommend esim for USA mexico?

    You can check plans through a comparison website like [https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-north-america/](https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-north-america/) . That covers both US and Mexico. Airalo, Saily and Nomad all allow tethering and are reputable providers.

    HotspotÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Best esim for Saudi Arabia recommendations?

    I think both Saily and Nomad are reputable providers, just as i.e. Airalo. They all use the same network (Zain) to offer their services, so the experience should be similar. I often use a comparison website like [https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-saudi-arabia/](https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-saudi-arabia/) to check for the best price because I think thats the only difference you're going to get for SA. Good luck!

    Asie
  • palmplex 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What esim is better for traveling in europe?

    Reposted without link ! If you want a eSim where the data never expires and the phone app provides cheap outgoing phone calls , and it automatically covers about 160 countries, I can recommend Roamless. Most of Europe the data price is USD2.45 per GB. But as the data never expires you don't have to worry. I'm not sure if allowed but I have a referral link that gives you a free GB or so . I also use it as a backup in my home country as a 2nd sim . They have multiple agreements in many countries so you get to choose the best signal at any one time. Once you set up an account via the Web, you then install the phone app ( this also allows phone calls using your credit) . Once you've logged in via the phone app you'll get a USD$3 credit to use , (once you've added a bit of credit of your own) I added $5 , so ended up with $8 of credit so about 3GB equivalent. I have an Roamless eSim in my car and on my phone . At the moment you can only have one email address per eSim account so I used my other email address. They will eventually allow multiple Roamless eSims under one account I was told. (I've also used NOMAD and Airalo but for some reason had an issue with the APN settings on them but got it to work eventually, they worked fine too but they don't have the unique phone calling feature to real phone numbers)

    Activation
  • anabetch 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • lordwonko 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Don't use Saily in Japan

    Just to be 100% sure, with having the eSIM activated, did you check that 'Data Roaming' is enabled? I had some issues with Nomad and Airalo initially, which was fixed by enabling the setting for both. Otherwise, yeah, those speeds are definitely not usable at all!

    Activation
  • edwardhchan 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • LooksUnderLeaves 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Newbie to eSIMs. Traveling from USA to UK.

    You done need a phone number and the vodka phone deal with the phone number requires going to the store in the UK. You can however get a UK data only esim from nomad and it will work fine. I just came from a month there and had coverage 99% of the time even in the highlands. What you do after you get it (easily installed with a QR code) is turn data off on your att account and the new eSIM should be set for your mobile data with roaming on. That's it

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · US SIM and overseas eSIM?

    If your phone will allow, You can either get a second phone number via eSIM when you arrive, OR, if you do not need a second number you can get a plan with Nomad for example that will cover you data wise. You switch off data roaming on US tmobile and activate your new eSIM when you arrive. You will also switch on data roaming on your new eSIM. You can use iMessage as usual on your US number and enable WiFi calling as well. You can also make FaceTime and WhatsApp calls on your US number. Nomad just rolled out a year long plan for eSIM (no phone number). I believe you can top it off if you need more data. The cheapest is probably just wait till you arrive and get a plan with plenty data and a phone number. For making calls you can toggle back and forth between numbers. eSIM with no number you can easily get on line

    Activation
  • Commercial_Cook100 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best sim for a 20 day trip (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka)

    For 3 days you really don't need anything fancy. Airalo works fine for Italy, I've used their Europe regional plan there before. Nomad is solid too tbh. Just double check the hotspot thing because some plans restrict tethering and that's annoying to find out after you land. If you care about not handing over personal info to sign up, Cypher eSIM lets you buy with crypto and no account needed... worked for me on a short trip. But for a basic 3 day thing any of those should be fine

    Europe
  • Ok-Break4075 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • foodninto 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Background-Radio-760 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Was given a free physical sim from UKvisa application for study abroad. How do i change it to an esim?

    Depends on provider. Since it's from UK visa application, I guess it's Lyca or Lebara. Both supports eSIMs. Just contact the support team and ask for an eSIM replacement. They’ll normally send you a QR code. If you just need data for the UK and don’t care about keeping that exact number, you could also skip the process and get a travel eSIM like Jetpac, Airalo, or Nomad.

    Europe
  • Designer_Safe1115 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Mobilematter vs Airalo for UK + Balkans

    Thank you! I did look up different providers (Holafly, yessim, Saily, Nomads and others) and the only thing is most of their plans don’t include the countries I’m visiting in their regional plan (ex: an Europe plan doesn’t include the non-EU countries), whereas Airalo and MobiMatter have an existing plan. Can you share which providers you had in mind?

    Europe
  • holguinero 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Aggravating-Path494 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for China

    I'm currently in China, and Nomad was the cheapest by far. The internet access was similar with the other 4 eSIMs i used here (Airalo, Saily, 1 from BUNQ and 1 from Revolut). I didn't buy the unlimited plan, since that one was capped at 3GB per day (with all the providers), so i just kept buying the 50GB plan. And nomad was best for that! Referral code: NVEGZOCENPPA for 7USD off

    AsieIllimitéPas cher
  • cattt98 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • b_weller 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Avoid Nomad eSIM in Mexico

    Can confirm, I’m in Mexico City with a Nomad eSIM and have never been able to pick up a single bar of service. Have done all the troubleshooting to no avail. Disappointing, because their China eSIM was legit.

    Asie
  • xxscenexx 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Warm_Fudge_1542 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Suitable_Ad4010 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · PLEASE HELP MEXICO

    I was dealing with this for hours and also tied up doing other things , it’s not user error, I spent hours today fixing what they messed up at Telcel and I’m out 500 pesos, the Telcel employee had no idea what was going on either, and couldn’t fix it. I tried every combination you can imagine, was on the chat trouble shooting with both Nomad and Jetpac for over an hour each, did everything they instructed. Regardless, I finally got my texts working with tello again and then I went online and found an eSIM that goes off of only Telcel and AT&T, no Movistar, and now my phone works. I don’t have a local number but I have more data than I was going to get with Telcel and still going off of their towers.

    Remboursement
  • Icy-Isopod3470 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • rammstian 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    I have the same issue with Nomad in China. Was getting > 10Mbps, then got rate limited to like 1Mbps, and then bam its like an unusable 30-50kbps (like the old dialup days). Same thing you experienced with Nomad support - they are just automatons that copy/paste their FAQ / KB articles to you without addressing the issue (that the rate limited speed is not usable). I gave up talking to them since there is zero critical thinking capability on their part (went through several of their agents). I guess it's my bad for not reading the fine print and realizing that it's not truly 'unlimited'

    AsieIllimitéRemboursement
  • trvllrapp 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    They are hoping you’ll give up. That’s the standard process. And tbf you probably will. I mean how much of your time can this end up being worth. They don’t care. The industry expects you to move on to another provide for your next trip anyway. That’s why data bundles with time limits are a race to the bottom. There’s only one way to use data abroad.

  • Informal-Addendum435 🇬🇧

    9 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    We don't agree, because I don't think there's bad routing/transit. If they turn on an alternative route for post-FUP traffic that has a 30 Kbps bottleneck in it, that counts as a 30 Kbps throttle imposed by Nomad IMO.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    Your AI agrees with me "if you have a 35 Mbps end-to-end path, shaping that path to a maximum of 1 Mbps should in principle be perfectly feasible. Informal-Addendum is right about that basic networking intuition" And your AI tells us what's going on (which is what I say is going on) "routing is unlikely to explain a full 1 Mbps cap collapsing to 30 kbps [...] points to an **additional bottleneck on the provider side**", i.e., a throttle of 30 Kbps instead of 1 Mbps

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    Nah that doesn't make any sense. The way throttling works is "this subscriber may send/receive up to 1000000 bits per second", and obviously if I am on a line that supports 35 Mbps, my phone and the connection to them is capable of reaching 1 Mbps, so they're not going to "throttle" anything until I do actually send/receive 1000000 bits per second. The fact that I _can_ get 35 Mbps from them PROVES that they are throttling me to far lower than 1 Mbps.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    I had the opposite interpretation. I thought, they are capable of serving 35 Mbps, so they should be able to serve 1 Mbps easily during the throttled periods. It's not like them limiting it to 1 Mbps on their end would reduce it on my end to less than 1 Mbps, that's impossible. It exposed that they are limiting it to much lower than 1 Mbps on purpose.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    You're right. I'm just sharing my review. I wouldn't recommend Nomad eSIM unlimited plans to anyone who uses more than 2 GB of data per day, because after 2 GB of data, they effectively turn off your internet, by limiting it to 0.03 Mbps. This is the kind of reality and firsthand experience purchasers won't know about just from reading Nomad's Terms and Conditions, which paint a more hopeful and more dishonest picture.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    In the beginning, less than 3 minutes per message. Now after hours of talking to them and having my chat converted into a ticket, it can take up to a couple hours for them to respond to new messages.

    Remboursement
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    I know they have this policy. I knew before purchase that they will throttle speeds to 1 Mbps. But actually the reality is they throttle to 0.03 Mbps. The difference is perfectly fine internet that I have been used to for years (1 Mbps) versus totally unusable internet that can't even load basic webpages (0.03 Mbps)

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    I've been using between 7-14 GB of data per day on my Nomad unlimited plan, let's say average 10 GB of data every day. I pay 33.13 USD for 10 days of that on their unlimited plan. If I bought 100 GB of data on prepaid plans from them it would be 70.27 USD. So it's not just an extra $2. Obviously 0.03 Mbps like they offer most of the time is unusable internet. I would pay more to have usable internet, but before that I'd see if I can find a company that offers something like 24/7 of 0.5 Mbps+ guaranteed. But I understand most buyers' decisions, the difference in price between unlimited and prepaid is quite large. Do you run a company that offers eSIMs?

    IllimitéPas cher
  • HousingConfident8679 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM in China

    I don't like Nomad either at least for their China plan, you will need a second VPN for certain AI app usage, plus, like. you said they are using China unicom which is a tier 2 carrier in China. I swtched to [Nimvoy](https://www.nimvoy.com/destinations/cn) about a week ago (They have a dedicated China plan). Loved everything so far (speed, price, and they are using China mobile)

    Asie
  • Low_Whole9749 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Nescobar_A 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Leaving for Europe in a few days, need eSIM

    Currently in Europe and I got a Nomad esim for my phone and got a Sparks on MobiMatter for my wife. She consistently has had a faster connection on Sparks and it was about 30% cheaper than Nomad.

    Europe
  • Afentoerier 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Binthair_Dunthat 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • TacoTrike 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    I like Nomad a lot. Works well and price is good. You can get the app whenever. I activate it the night before I leave then switch to it before turning airplane mode off after landing. They have a 3 Asian country bundle that includes S Korea and China. As we go to Seoul sometimes when that way it was nice to keep the same eSim active.

    ActivationAsiePas cher
  • ReasonableRedditers 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for China trip?

    I tested Holafly and Nomad esim unlimited, but after 2gb the sim is unusable. Garbage. Holafly refunded the price of esim but Nomad has a no refund policy. I ended up buying 20gb of roaming data for my own number and it was the best option, and the cheapest. Nomad is a big no no.

    IllimitéRemboursement
  • ztevie65 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/solotravel · First time solo travelling, is China too ambitious?

    About internet... Let me just tell you I'm in China now. Been to Beijing, Kunming, Dali, Xichou, Lijiang and am now in Guiyang.  My esims have worked flawlessly. Great speeds, connection everywhere, even out in the villages. Google, insta, YouTube etc works as home. I bought 2 esims for China just to be safe. Nomad and roamvault from mobimatter.com. no vpn needed. The secret is to choose an esim that uses Hong Kong based internet providers, they bypass the firewall...

    Asie
  • FentonMiWolverine 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad in europe

    Just got back from France using Nomad e-sim. I would not use them again. Downloading the esim was easy as was activating it. Both my husband and I had one. We also have the same phone, Pixel 8 Pro. My service would stop frequently. As I got close to the cap it wouldn’t work at all. I would have to restart my phone several times in the 12 days we were there. When it worked it worked but certainly not worth the frustration. There has to be something better.

    ActivationEuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • Various_Things2026 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Europe eSIM?

    We used Airalo and Nomad last year in Switzerland and Italy no problem. But next time we will use eSIM from Trip.com since it less than half the price

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · 3 week Europe trip esim

    Last time I used Airalo and Nomad and they were fine. But next trip I will buy eSIM on Trip.com at less than half of the price

  • CleaRSightZ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Alternative_One_9843 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Are you able to get 5G for eSIM in China?

    iPhone 11 won’t show 5G anyway, and the 9eSIM adapter may also be the bottleneck. I’d test with a phone that has native eSIM + 5G first, like iPhone 12/13 or newer. If u want to try a different China plan, MicroEsim has a Mainland China eSIM on China Mobile 5G, so it’s not the same Unicom route you tested with Nomad. Still, 5G depends on location + device support, so I wouldn’t expect it 100% everywhere.

    Asie
  • gintarasCHRG 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • mrsaqmex 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Otto-Mann 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · UK eSIM for 2-Week Trip (iPhone User)?

    I’ve been using the app Nomad for a Europe trip I’m on The original eSIM I bought didn’t include turkey, I had accrued some points so I just purchased a 1gb eSIM for 400 points, loaded it on the ships wifi and away I went. I’ll turn it off tomorrow and flick back to the all Europe one

    ActivationEurope
  • majora009 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What's the deal with all these poor reviews here on Nomad? Are they really that bad?

    This has also happened with me using Nomad in Germany. The service continued to be spotty, dropping completely for hours at a time. I troubleshooted with one of their customer service reps, essentially just restarting my phone and toggling airplane mode, it worked briefly and was then spotty again, and they just keep giving me the runaround to troubleshoot the same way, not offering a replacement esim. Pretty unreliable company from my experience.

    EuropeRemboursement
  • Fabulous_Half_256 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Zensim?

    I’d be cautious if there are barely any independent reviews, especially for something as essential as data while travelling. A lot of newer eSIM providers are just reselling the same networks anyway, so sometimes it’s worth paying slightly more for established options like Maya (good long​ duration & unlimited plans), Airalo (easy setup and broad coverage) or Nomad (usually strong regional pricing and stable speeds).

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Recommended esims for Japan, Korea, and Vietnam?

    Juggling multiple eSIMs isn't a bad idea, it does mean manually activating a new profile and switching your phone's data lines every time you cross a border. If you want the convenience of a single setup, a regional Asia eSIM or Gloabal eSIM is the simplest option Providers like Airalo and Nomad offer multi country Asia packs that cover Japan, Korea and Vietnam under one digital esim, which is great for tracking fixed data plans. If you prefer unlimited data, Maya Mobile offers global plans with one esim that include hotspotting, while Ubigi is known for its local network partnerships.

    AsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · Best choice for eSIM?

    You should get ones that work across multiple countries so you can use it for both Italy & Greece. Airalo and Nomad offer regional esims. The pack would depend on your usage.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · New to esims and would like some advice for a month long of travel (might end up being a working holiday)

    For this kind of a trip, I would either choose one Global esim or a regional esim split into Europe and US depending on pricing. Airalo and Nomad work well for flexibility, Holafly is focused towards heavy data users and Maya was convenient for me because hotspot and video calls work well while moving between countries with just one esim across. Under $100 should be doable unless you are constantly tethering multiple devices or uploading large files every day.

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
  • Icy_Bodybuilder5688 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Global (Europe + Armenia & Georgia) Esim for 90 days?

    Honestly, Armenia and Georgia are what make this tricky. A lot of “Europe” eSIMs don’t actually include them, even if the marketing makes it sound global-ish. For your usage though, I’d probably stop looking at the typical tourist 5–20GB plans and focus on either: * regional Europe+ plans that explicitly include Armenia and Georgia * or a global/pay-as-you-go eSIM with good roaming agreements For that amount of data (50GB+ monthly), Airalo and similar popular travel apps can get expensive pretty quickly. They’re fine for lighter users, but once you start needing hundreds of GB over 90 days, local/regional setups often make more sense. Honestly, one of the better approaches could be: use a Europe regional eSIM for most countries, then buy a cheap local eSIM in Armenia/Georgia when you arrive. Both countries usually have surprisingly affordable local data compared to Western Europe. You’d probably save quite a bit that way. If you really want one eSIM for the entire trip without switching: * Nomad sometimes has decent regional coverage including Georgia * Roamless is flexible and works well across countries, but heavy data use can become expensive * Some “global” eSIMs from providers like GigSky/BNESIM/etc. cover everything, but speeds/pricing vary a lot Also just a warning: “unlimited” plans are often not truly unlimited. A lot of them throttle hard after 20–50GB, especially on roaming networks. For your budget, under $70/month for 50GB+ across Europe + Caucasus is possible, but probably not with a single perfect all-in-one package. Mixing one regional eSIM with cheap local top-ups might honestly give you the best experience and value.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Data in Canada and Alaska

    For this kind of trip (Canada + Alaska cruise), coverage matters way more than price or “big GB” plans. The main thing people run into with Alaska is that a lot of travel eSIMs work fine in Canada but get patchy as soon as you’re outside the main towns or near cruise routes. It’s not really an eSIM problem, it’s just how remote the coverage is there. What usually works best in real life is a North America regional eSIM that can roam across multiple US networks (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile). That roaming part is what makes the difference in Alaska, especially for shore excursions. Some options people commonly use: * Airalo or Nomad North America plans (generally solid in Canada, decent in Alaska but depends on carrier routing) * Roamless or similar pay-as-you-go eSIMs (a bit more expensive per GB but often more flexible in weaker coverage areas) * Any “North America” eSIM that clearly says multi-network US coverage, not just one carrier One expectation to set though, nothing will be perfect in remote Alaska. Even locals rely on spotty coverage in some areas. So I’d treat it as “good enough for maps, messaging, quick browsing” rather than full reliable internet everywhere. For your use case (cruise + day trips, data only), I’d lean toward a multi-network North America eSIM over the cheapest option, just to avoid frustration mid-trip.

    États-Unis
  • account4forums 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Esim for poland+germany

    An eSIM provider's performance depends entirely on the current local network partnerships in the country you are visiting. Because these **partnerships can change,** someone else's past experience might not match yours today. I have personally used these few providers on for the past years (few months ago in Spain and Germany) and they performed well without any issues. However, I still suggest installing them to test with the free trial data before buying. Do not hurry yourself to commit, you can easily purchase more data later as long as you have an internet connection. I **always have 2 different eSIM** on my phone in case one decides to misbehave on a given day. 1. **Eskimo eSIM** You can get 500MB of free data. They also offer a one-time 50% discount on your first data purchase if their network works for you. Note: To respect the forum rules against posting referral links, I haven't shared my code here. Feel free to shoot me a private message and I'll gladly share it with you! 2. **Nomad & Ubigi** Check their websites. They do give out free trial data promotions for new users once in a while. Hope tnfo is helpful.

    r/eSIMs · Recommended esims for Japan, Korea, and Vietnam?

    An eSIM provider's performance depends entirely on the current local network partnerships in the country you are visiting. Because these **partnerships can change,** someone else's past experience might not match yours today. I have personally used these few providers on for the past years (mostly in Asia and EU) and they performed well without any issues. However, I still suggest installing them to test with the free trial data before buying. Do not hurry yourself to commit, you can easily purchase more data later as long as you have an internet connection. And I **always have 2 different eSIM** on my phone in case one decides to misbehave on a given day. 1. **Eskimo eSIM** You can get 500MB of free data. They also offer a one-time 50% discount on your first data purchase if their network works for you. Note: To respect the forum rules against posting referral links, I haven't shared my code here. Feel free to shoot me a private message and I'll gladly share it with you! 2. **Nomad & Ubigi** Check their websites. They do give out free trial data promotions for new users once in a while. Hope tnfo is helpful. Happy Holidays.

    r/eSIMs · Seoul + Busan trip, what works best for staying connected?

    An eSIM provider's performance depends entirely on the current local network partnerships in the country you are visiting. Because these **partnerships can change,** someone else's past experience might not match yours today. I have personally used these few providers on for the past years (mostly in Asia and EU) and they performed well without any issues. However, I still suggest installing them to test with the free trial data before buying. Do not hurry yourself to commit, you can easily purchase more data later as long as you have an internet connection. And I **always have 2 different eSIM** on my phone in case one decides to misbehave on a given day. 1. Eskimo eSIM You can get 500MB of free data. They also offer a one-time 50% discount on your first data purchase if their network works for you. Note: To respect the forum rules against posting referral links, I haven't shared my code here. Feel free to shoot me a private message and I'll gladly share it with you! 2. Nomad & Ubigi Check their websites. They do give out free trial data promotions for new users once in a while. Hope tnfo is helpful. Happy Holidays.

    r/eSIMs · Recent trip to Japan & China?

    My experience from the past 2 year with Japan and China Eskimo - Good, no problem encountered. Nomad - Good, no problem encountered. Jetpac - Hiccup once but customer support is contactable but needed to and fro for a couple of hours to resolve. Yes, I always travel with 2 different eSIM in case one doesn't behave.

    AsieJapon
  • Dizzy-Wishbone-9760 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Esim Balkans

    if you’re not going to Kosovo, i’d probably go with Airalo honestly. but if Kosovo is part of the trip, i’d lean more toward Nomad since coverage has been more reliable for me across the Balkans overall. I have a discount for Nomad - ANDRE15

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · I need an esim for travel

    Yeah this is actually important, turkey blocks some eSIM apps locally. So the safest thing is to install and activate everything before you travel, while you still have normal access. Once you land it works fine, but setting it up there can be a headache. As for providers, from what i’ve seen it really depends on what you’re looking for. Nomad is usually the best value option, Airalo is a bit more flexible and easy to use, and Holafly is better if you want unlimited data without worrying too much. I used holafly when i was there and didn’t have any issues, especially since everything was already set up before arrival

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Guilty_Tea4754 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Warning regarding Nomad

    100% agree. Just had the same experience. I will never use them again. Completely intransparent and makes it completely useless. I ended up switching back to Airalo

    r/eSIMs · Is Nomad trustworthy?

    Bought Nomad's "12-day unlimited" plan for a work trip to Sweden. Speeds were fine the first night, then throttled to unusable within 24 hours. Turns out "unlimited" actually means 2GB per day, after which you're capped at speeds too slow to work on. That cap is not made clear at checkout. The most ridiculous part: there's no option to upgrade to a higher-tier plan once you've hit the limit. No "unlimited 10GB/day" option, no top-up path, nothing. You're just stuck. I ended up deleting the Nomad eSIM and buying a second plan elsewhere. Sunk cost, entirely avoidable if the product were built sensibly. When I contacted customer support to sort it out, I got Fin, Intercom's AI bot, returning generic responses with no resolution and no clear way to reach a human. The sign-up process is also poorly built: no autofill on any field, which felt cheap from the start. Small thing, but it set the tone. I switched to Airalo's 50GB plan and it's been the obviously better deal: more data, clearer pricing, support that actually works. Nomad isn't ready for anyone who relies on data for remote work.

    EuropeIllimitéRapport qualité-prixRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM

    Absolute clown company. I signed up for the unlimited plan because I had to work remotely from Sweden. Worked fine for one night, then after a single day I was throttled to unusable low-speed Wi-Fi. Completely unworkable for someone actually trying to get work done. I contacted customer support to sort it out and got Fin (Intercom's AI agent) serving up pure slop, no real human, no resolution. The sign-up process was already a red flag: nothing autofills, the whole flow feels cheap. I went back to Airalo and I'm never touching Nomad again. Better functionality, more transparent service, actual support. I'll be telling every friend to stay away. Non-existent customer support and a data offering that borders on fraudulent.

    ActivationEuropeIllimitéRemboursement
  • winvinci 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · ESIM/Phone plan abroad

    Esim's like Airalo, Nomad, Holafly and Maya mobile are usually data only, so they don’t replace your At&t number, instead they give you mobile data abroad. Most people keep their normal sim on for imessage or verification texts such as OTP's etc and use the esim for internet. Calls and messages are usually via whatsapp, facetime, messenger etc. You can still use your At&t number overseas, however normal calls and sms can trigger roaming charges.

  • jeffrymeacham 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for China

    For a quick 7 day trip, Airalo and Nomad are the most reliable options and super easy to set up.

    Activation
  • StacySheller 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Canadian eSIM

    For a one-month trip, grab a flexible prepaid eSIM with good coverage on Rogers, Bell, or Telus networks. (TimeTransfers) Most travel eSIMs like Airalo or Nomad are data-focused, but some include a local number and minutes. Travelers recommend 10-20GB for 30 days, with easy top-ups and no contracts. Airalo even offers a local number, which is rare. Go for multi-network coverage and quick top-ups, since data's pricey in Canada otherwise. AloOui is great for flexibility and fast setup on short trips. Tips: Install before flying, skip "unlimited" plans (they throttle), and use WhatsApp as backup for calls. 👍

    r/eSIMs · Esim recos for South Korea

    For your 5-day Korea trip with light use like maps and messaging, a cheap 3-5GB eSIM is plenty. Coverage is awesome everywhere, even on budget plans from Airalo, Nomad, or Holafly via KT/SK networks. Travelers rave about it on Reddit for short trips. Group tour means low data needs, so download shows ahead and skip 1GB plans. Grab a reliable one, install pre-flight for instant landing data. (AloOui's easy too.) Korea's networks rock, hard to mess up.

    AsiePas cher
  • Realistic-Log-4414 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for China trip?

    get a roaming esim like airalo or nomad rather than a local one—local sims require real-name registration and you will be stuck behind the great firewall. roaming esims route traffic through hong kong or singapore so you can actually access google and slack without a flaky vpn. check the fine print on hotspotting because some china-specific plans throttle it once you tether, fwiw. month-long 20gb packs are standard now, but do not buy the "china mainland" specific ones unless they explicitly mention vpn-free access.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Korean eSIM problem

    honestly, if you are visiting and have an unlocked phone, just stick to travel esim providers like airalo or nomad. they bypass all that local carrier registration nonsense and usually perform better than the local prepaid garbage because they roam onto the best available tower without the imei headaches. unless you absolutely need a local 010 number for food delivery apps, the local carrier experience is not worth the blood pressure spike.

  • Antique_Excitement20 🇬🇧🌐

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best choice for eSIM?

    ’m currently in Greece and have been testing some eSIMs for work. Recommendations: Nomad (Europe plan), GoMoWorld (also Europe). They won’t help you with voice though, unless you have Wi-Fi calling. If you don’t have voice, esimo offers a temporary number for voice and text. I wouldn’t necessarily get their eSIM, but the app also works for calls and SMS. Not recommended in my opinion: Orange travel (the only one limited to 4G) and Holafly (no upload, so VoIP doesn’t work).​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Heading to the Nordics (DK, FI, IS, NO) in 1 month. Need eSIM advice for first timer 🌍

    I've tested several eSIMs in Norway and Finland (haven't been to Iceland or Denmark recently). Most of the better eSIM brands are all solid: Nomad, Jetpac, Ubigi, GoMoWorld, Voye Global, Maya. Your safe by to just pick the cheapest one from these. They often route through the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Ireland or the UK. Speeds were all between 200 and 1000 Mbps. If you're leaning more towards the budget category: Sparks (via Mobimatter), eSIM4Travel and Pingwe are also good. Slightly slower, but still comfortably above 100 Mbps. These providers usually route through Poland or Austria. One thing to watch out for: be careful with some of the budget providers from Asia. They'll work fine technically, but in Scandinavia you really don't want an IP address coming out of Singapore or Hong Kong. Holafly was a bit of a letdown price-wise, and after 13 GB the "unlimited" data stopped. Still fine for 90% of travelers though, although speeds seemed capped at just above 100 Mbps from the start. Airalo used the same probider as Spark and eSIM4Travel for the Europe plan, it works fine but you can get it cheaper elsewhere. Northern European countries tend to be quite expensive when it comes to local prepaid SIMs (haven't verified this in Iceland). So personally would skip that option. I would personally probably pick GoMoWorld Europe plan for this trip.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Airalo or Holafly for Norway & Sweden Trip?

    I tested both in Norway. Airalo was 300 mbps down, Holafly 75 mbps down. Latency was slightly better with Airalo. Holafly has a 90 GB per month (3 per day) cap, and 256 kbps after, Airalo 3 GB a day and 1 mbps after. Holafly seriously caps hotspot to just 500 mb, so you can’t really share data. If you need a lot of data, I would pick a fixed plan. Nomad and GoMoWorld performed very well and will be cheaper. Nomad has cheap European 50. GB plans for Europe.

    EuropePas cher
  • gelxc 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Central America

    i used nomad in central america last month which is good if u plan to hotspot a lot

    Hotspot
  • SimcornerTeam 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim suggestions for Netherlands

    For a week in the Netherlands with light use, go for a simple Europe plan instead of country-specific ones. These usually cost less and still give solid coverage. Some budget-friendly options worth checking: \- Airalo, often one of the cheapest, small data plans (like 1–3GB) work well for maps, messaging, and light browsing \- Nomad eSIM, similar pricing, sometimes better speeds depending on the network partner \- SimCorner, slightly higher price at times, but more stable connection based on traveler feedback, especially across Europe If you’re just using Google Maps, WhatsApp, and occasional browsing, 1–2GB for the week is usually enough. Quick tip, check if your phone is unlocked and supports eSIM before buying. Are you planning to stay mostly in cities like Amsterdam, or moving around different areas? That can help narrow it down further.

    EuropePas cher
  • mrssheiG 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Hannahshear 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Fancy_Masterpiece748 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim for America and Antigua

    Honestly, most of the well known eSIM brands are pretty solid like roamless, holafly, airalo, nomad, etc They all connect to local networks in the states pretty much. It's just a question of pricing really in the end.

    États-Unis
  • Particular-Fig-6196 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM and iMessage

    Yes, activate your primary number but disable roaming-data on that. Then activate Nomad and set it to use that sim for data.

    Activation
  • maleficent_Long189 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Egypt (11 days) — Holafly vs Yesim vs Nomad?

    Yeah I was in Egypt for a trip similar in length and honestly the “illimitato” plans are only as good as the local network they use, because after a certain amount of high speed most of them will throttle you which I noticed myself on Holafly where videos started buffering slower later in the day. I also tried a Nomad plan and it was cheaper but speeds dipped once I hit heavy use so it felt more like data until throttling rather than true unlimited. I ended up using eSIMGLOBE on that trip because it was easy to activate before landing and it kept me connected everywhere I went, so for social apps and streaming it was solid without the fuss of local, shops. Expectations should be realistic though because Egypt coverage outside big cities can vary no matter which eSIM you choose

    IllimitéPas cher
  • Opposite_Extension_1 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • DidierMTL 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

  • canadahustle 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

  • RageAgainstYourDick 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM

    I had a Nomad eSIM on a trip and it was hit or miss sometimes. The thing I learned the hard way was that staying connected each day mattered more than loud speed numbers. I tested other options too and one that stayed more steady for me was ESimStop. It wasn’t amazing but it didn’t drop as much as some others I used.

  • JanCumin 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is there a good guide for eSIMs in China?

    Thanks very much, this is super helpful, I've used esims before, but I really really don't want to end up in China with no internet access. A few questions: 1. What do you mean by APN is set correctly? 2. Do you know which VPN's work well? 3. Do you have any specific recommendations for an esim provider? I've used Nomad and Ubigi before with no issue, but not in China Thanks again

  • greenoceanwater 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Hot_Divide1613 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is Nomad trustworthy?

    I had similar questions before I picked mine lol. I tested Nomad and also gave eSimStop a shot… imo eSimStop setup was pretty smooth, didn’t need help or weird steps. tbh both had times where signal dipped but fr both did the job for normal travel.

  • t0m4t0z 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Free eSIM for testing?

    I’ve used temporary eSIMs a few times for short trips when I needed data without a long-term plan. Airalo and Nomad are my go-tos for quick, cheap data packs (often $5-10 for 1-5GB that last 7-30 days), easy to activate and cancel after. For Australia specifically, I tried [Telsim](https://www.telsim.com.au/) on a recent visit. They have affordable short-term plans and it activated instantly on my phone after the update.

    ActivationPas cherRemboursement
  • Wayne2409 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM

    had a really frustrating experience trying to get internet with other companies. I even bought an expensive SIM kit at Walmart, only to find out it didn’t work because my phone uses eSIM. NOMAD was a total game changer. The setup was incredibly easy, worked perfectly with my eSIM, and the internet was amazing—super fast, truly unlimited, and very reliable. I absolutely loved it and would 100% recommend NOMAD to anyone looking for hassle-free, high-quality internet.

    ActivationIllimité
  • Trixerl 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Thailand and Vietnam recommendation

    I used NOMAD eSIMs apps for both two weeks ago. Worked great and fast speeds. They have a deal on 10gb+ plans in Vietnam, or at least they did then. I’ve used Airalo before which was fine but they’re double the price.

    ActivationAsiePas cher
  • ConfusedCocoCapybara 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Brilliant-Painting18 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · International e-sim for europe

    Orange travel is currently the best for unlimited data plans. They don’t cut your speed like Holafly or Nomad do after 3go/day. In Europe especially, Orange owns the network !

    Illimité
  • MaleficentRabbit8703 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Jim1648 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Help Me Decide Which I Should Select For International On Our February Cruise

    Thank you for the reply. I was considering one for Caribbean and one for Latin America, but it looks like Global plans aren't that much more for Airalo. I am also trying to determine how much data we might use at each port of call. I know that 7 days isn't quite long enough since our Montego Bay, Jamaica stop and Puerto Limon, Costa Rica stop are more than 7 days apart*.* I can focus on global 15 day plans. That seems to break down as: **Airalo** Global (138 Countries) 2GB (15 Days) $16.50 **AloSIM** Global (148 Countries) 2GB (15 Days) $18.00 **Nomad** doesn't have a 15 day plan. **Saily** Global 2GB (15 Days) $16.49

  • SuperbDoughnut1 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best Asian regional esim? (Need: Thailand, mainland China, Korea, Japan)

    I just got back from an Asia trip where our group used different eSIM providers. I did bamboo sim, nomad, Roamless and jetpack.then Klook when Roamless failed in Taiwan.  It seemed to all work pretty well, with the exception of Roamless which failed in Taiwan, and their support was bad. I would just choose one that is reasonably priced, has chat support,  and if you’re traveling as a group, maybe use different providers to hedge your bets. 

    Asie
  • JimChillaMamba 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travelling to Philippines for 15 days

    Hey, we enjoyed our Philippines experience in Boracay last year! Had no problem with the Nomad esim app. Feel free to use my referral code so you can also get a referral credit: JIMMPDZNSH I've consistently found Nomad to be much cheaper than Airalo and Ubigi.

    ActivationAsiePas cher
  • yopagamo9u5v4i0 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travelling to Philippines for 15 days

    Yeah, data-only eSIMs are great for just staying connected without extras. I’ve used Airalo and Nomad before — solid coverage. Recently tried ProxySock’s global data-only one — worked fine for basic browsing/maps in my tests (covers a ton of countries). Quick setup too. What kind of data amount are you looking for?

  • Affectionate-Loss691 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is Nomad trustworthy?

    I used it in Slovenia, Croatia and Italy. Worked like a charm. Moreover, it provided better signal (full all the time actually) than what most of my firends had with different providers.

    Europe
  • Introvert_proud 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM

    Thank you for your review! I was hesitating between Nomad and Airalo. Nomad is definitely cheaper, so I'm going with it ! This is my first time using an eSIM so hopefully everything goes smoothly. Also if anyone has a referral code please feel free to share 😊😊

    Pas cher
  • ChipLimp8003 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Any experiences with Nomad eSIM?

    I can't speak for service quality but I can speak of false advertisment and conflicting information. All over their site it's written that you should buy and install the eSIM immediately after buying, and it will only activate automatically when you connect to the abroad network. Well...in Thailand at least and who knows in how many other places, the plan is activated immediately upon eSIM installation! Unfortunately I did not notice this "exception" so I installed it immediately from home after I bought it and lost its validity before the travel. It's true that this "exception" is mentioned in the plan details and the email you later receive.... but why would they not mention that there are such exceptions to be considered in their main pages? They make it look all simple until you buy and then boom - you're screwed. Not nice, and what's worse is I could not get a full refund even though I contacted support in less than one hour after the installation. Very frustrating experience!

    ActivationAsieRemboursement
  • pinksutoraberri 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Equal_Rhubarb476 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • TheRensh 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • North-Monk2043 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Warning regarding Nomad

    I purchased eSIM from Nomad for the Dominican Republic. I did not work and the support from Nomad, after two days of getting me to try every conceivable setting on my phone, instead of refunding the purchase offered me a Nomad gift card.

    Remboursement
  • TicketWooden6088 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad for Japan and china?

    I've tried the Nomad esim in China and it works well. I used the 1GB 3-day free trail in October, and everything goes well, I could browse anything I want, just ignore the GFW. Any travel plan could bypass it because the GFW is just open for travelers, including the local residents who owns a HK/MO sim card😂. I think Nomad's speed is enough for basic travel, while the 20GB total amount might be a problem.

    AsiePas cher
  • Ms-mousa 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Super confused about eSIMs for my first Europe trip. Help?

    This is a very common question! To add to the great advice already here, the easiest and most foolproof option for a beginner traveler who just needs data for maps and WhatsApp is generally \*\*Airalo\*\* or \*\*Nomad\*\* for Europe. They are both incredibly user-friendly and reliable. \\n\\n\*\*Why Airalo/Nomad for a beginner?\*\*\\n1. \*\*App-Based Installation:\*\* You buy the plan in their app and install the eSIM profile right there—no messy QR codes needed for most modern phones.\\n2. \*\*Immediate Activation:\*\* You can install it days before you leave, and it only activates when it connects to a network in Europe. This means you land, turn on the line, and you have data immediately.\\n3. \*\*Data-Only Focus:\*\* Since you only need data for maps and WhatsApp (which uses data), these data-only plans are perfect and cheaper than plans that include voice/SMS you won't use.\\n\\n\*\*Quick tip:\*\* Make sure you turn off 'Data Roaming' for your home SIM line in your phone settings to avoid massive charges, and only enable the new eSIM line for 'Mobile Data'. Happy travels!

    ActivationEuropePas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • SteveFCA 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Timely_Reference2349 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for travel (multiple countries)

    I travel to all three of these countries very regularly and generally use Nomad. It has been flawless and is significantly faster (and cheaper) than roaming with my home provider (Singtel). The "APAC 14 country Plan" covers all the locations that you need.

    AsiePas cher
  • DonEnrique10 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for travel (multiple countries)

    I just had a bad experience with Nomad. I bought it for Thailand and Vietnam but it never worked in Thailand. I have a new android phone Pixel 9a. I spent literally several hours with Nomad chat trying to get it to work, and no go. They wanted me to jump through complicated technical hoops, and I finally gave up. It was BS about it being a seamless experience. It took me another stressful half an hour to get my money back after using 1 MB of data! Never again.

    ActivationAsieRemboursement
  • Medium-Shopping-7222 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad eSIM through a US trip of 4 people, honest review

    I’m doing the same kind of research right now for a West Coast trip. Took me a while to even find the partner networks on Nomad’s website, that tiny button doesn’t even look like a button. Here’s what I found so far, comparing 3 GB plans: Nomad: AT&T, Verizon - $9 Airalo: T-Mobile, Verizon, U.S. Cellular - $8.50 Ohayu: T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T - $9.79 Holafly: AT&T - $3.90/day Saily: local networks not listed - $8.99 It’s hard to trust just TrustPilot reviews. I’m starting to think having more partner networks matters more than the price, but some of them, like U.S. Cellular, barely cover anything outside a few states. Still trying to decide if I want “unlimited” or just decent 5G that doesn’t die the second you leave downtown

    États-Unis
  • Aggravating_Day3690 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · I am planning to visit Japan and some other countries in Asia during Christmas, any recommendation of eSim?

    This October, my wife and I traveled to Tokyo and the Izu peninsula. While I relied on my regular phone's roaming plan, my wife used the Nomad eSIM, and the difference in service was night and day. ​While my phone struggled with consistent service—constantly switching between Rakuten, SoftBank, and KDDI—my wife's phone maintained a stable connection for the entire trip. ​In fact, the Nomad eSIM was quicker to activate service upon arrival. She was connected before even reaching immigration at Haneda Airport. ​The eSIM partner for the Nomad in Japan was SingTel. I imagine their service would be just as reliable in Malaysia, being Singapore's neighbor, and other parts of Asia. The price is also very reasonable. You also get $5 discount with promo/referral code. DM me if you can't find one to use.

    ActivationJaponPas cher
  • Miss_travel_ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best e-SIM Provider in the U.S.

    I’ve tried a few — Airalo, Nomad, and Holafly. Honestly, Holafly had the best coverage for me in New York and Miami, plus instant activation.

    États-Unis
  • GlassDirt7990 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Japan eSIM

    Used Nomad Esim in Japan earlier this year and had no issues. You can check Mobimater if you want options

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · eSim for Japan

    I used Nomad Esim in Japan without any issue. You can also check Mobimater for the esim that's best for your situation

    Japon
  • D_Phuket 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Trip.com eSIM for Asia

    I travel extensively and have bought maybe 20 eSIMs from all kinds of different companies (although mostly Nomad, MobiMatter, and eTravelSIM) and they've all worked equally well. If you look at the fine print, eSIMs should tell you which local carrier they will connect to. As long as they are connecting to major carriers in the countries, I think you'll be fine. I now just go for the cheapest option - either one country of regional ones.

  • gosimless 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim for Brazil 36 days

    For 36 days in Brazil, you’re best off getting a 30-day eSIM first, then topping up or buying another small plan for the extra week. Airalo and Nomad both have solid Brazil plans: \- Airalo (Olá Brazil), 5 GB for 30 days, about £10 \- Nomad, 10 GB for 30 days, around £18

  • jesusfishh 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Asia?

    I compared Airalo, Nomad and Superalink on my trip — Superalink was the only one that stayed stable across all borders.

  • JV_Rodriguez 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • KennyChaffin 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is Nomad trustworthy?

    Tried Nomad Esim... apparently Liberty PR Esim based in Puerto Rico...my reason for trying it was after using Hong Kong based providers which restricted my access to Youtube TV in the U.S. and blocking of my bank access... Tried this esim to provide hotspot wifi to my computer and it worked fine with Youtube and bank access....but....but...but....I tried connecting to my full home wifi router using Ethernet via Usb-C and NO GO...it would not allow me to provide hotspot via ethernet! Deal Killer...cause I'm looking for temporary replacement for my Quantum Fiber for my home in case of outages at Quantum... :( :( :( will continue looking at other alternatives ... could sign up with a full phone program like Mint Mobile but don't want a long-term commitment.

    HotspotÉtats-Unis
  • gavau 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is Nomad trustworthy?

    I'm using a Nomad eSim in Penang right now without any speed issues (fingers crossed I haven't jinxed myself). Also used one in Japan recently for 3 weeks without a problem. Maybe Asia is good for Nomad but it's not as good in other areas.

    AsieJapon
  • cookiemunsta1 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is Nomad trustworthy?

    Terrible experience with Nomad, connection is probably throttled and would cut off every 20 minutes or so Contacted CS and nothing was done

    Remboursement
  • WifiBeforeSelfie 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 11 days in Europe

    I did almost the same route last spring and found out that “unlimited” SMS usually just means within the EU. If you need to text outside Europe, most plans either limit it or charge extra. I’d honestly just get a good data plan and stick to WhatsApp or Signal for messaging. I used SimCorner for mine because setup was quick before my flight, but a couple of my friends went with Airalo and Nomad and had no issues either.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Multi network eSIM UK

    Sadly there isn’t a proper UK eSIM that lets you use all networks for normal data. Honest is mostly calls and texts, and most others just tie you to one network. I’ve had better luck with roaming eSIMs like Airalo, Nomad, Ubigi or SimCorner since they sometimes switch between UK carriers, but they can be slower or cost more. Honestly, keeping a cheap PAYG SIM from another network or leaning on Wi-Fi calling has been the most reliable for me.

    Europe
  • Agile_Excuse7239 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · looking for an eSIM for paris/spain

    New to reddit, so plz be nice! I am an avid traveler, and i travel fairly frequently. I learnt about these Travel eSIMs about an year back, and since then, I have tried - Airalo, Saily, Jetpac, Nomad and Holafly. I have travelled to Europe (very frequent), US, Canada, Brazil, UAE, Turkey, India, China, South Korea, Japan (very frequent), Thailand (very frequent), Indonesia (Very frequent), Malaysia, Vietnam, and Australia! My preference order is 1) Jetpac 2) Airalo 3) Nomad **Key reasons** **1) Pricing** \-> Jetpac is best -> Nomad is second -> Airalo has worst **2) Coverage** \-> Airalo has highest countries availability, so once i had to go to Laos, and Airalo had it, and others didnt! Same for African and middle Am countries **3) Features** \-> Jetpac offers the following features which other dont a) Free whatsapp chat, Google maps, and ride hailing apps (Uber/Grab) b) Free lounge access if flights delayed by >1 hr c) Landline and Non/Whatsapp Calling facility - i could dial my hotel and a restaurant to check for reservation availability, and both didnt have whatsapp **4) Network speed and availability of multiple networks** \- Only Jetpac and Airalo offer multiple networks in single location - for e.g. in UK, Jetpac offers EE, O2 and Vodafone, so i can switch to the best network when i want. Same for Airalo in Japan for example. **5) Pack options -** Jetpac again has most flexible options - e.g. a 10 gb for 7 days, while Airalo and Saily are least flexible. **6) Unlimited pack's throttling -** I only used Unlimited packs from Holafly and Jetpac. Holafly's Fair Usage Policy is not clear. I didn't get throttled because i am not a heavy data user **7) Customer service -** All of them are good here, but again I found refunds at Jetpac very smooth. **8) Other small things -** Hotspot capability (holafly offers only 500Mb on Hotspot) Based on all the above, i have gravitated towards Jetpac mostly

    Pas cher
  • jaces888 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · South korea

    One thing that you need to take note of is which country these eSIMs reroutes to. If its via Hong Kong which a number of cheap ones especially Nomad and Bytesim does offer, there are some geo restricted sites like ChatGPT that might not work as its subjected to China's Great Firewall: Airalo - South Korea Nomad - Hong Kong Jetpac - Overseas (apparently Amsterdam) Saily - Foreign Country Sparks - Foreign Country So sometimes, its worth paying more for no firewall. Haha.

    Pas cher
  • Willing-Pineapple459 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · China Origin Country Means Google Apps Don't Work With 3HK

    Search, Gmail, Maps, YouTube, Drive, and Photos are blocked on mainland IPs; some 3HK plans route through China. Use eSIMs with US/EU exit like Nomad, Airalo, or Ubigi, and check ipinfo.io. For bypassing, NordVPN for device, Cloudflare WARP free, and I use WorkingVPN for quick browser flips. Pick non-China exit.

    Asie
  • Spiritual-Bid1492 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSim

    most eSIMs these days have solid coverage in the US. things like airalo, holafly, iroamly, and nomad all work well. personally, i’ve used iroamly and it ran on at&t and verizon, never had any issues. plus, it’s pretty budget-friendly compared to the others i mentioned.

    États-Unis
  • spikedlel 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · “Nomad eSIM”It's a scam!

    Hi, Same here. I payed for a Nomad eSim 50GB 30 days plan. The service worked for almost two weeks and then stopped. I still have 4GB left in my plan but the service stopped working more than 24 hours ago. I've talked with their support and only after 16 hours, they have admitted that there's an issue with their provider in Russia. It is now over 36 hours that I'm without internet in a foreign country and all they have to say is "We are sorry for the inconvinience" but still no internet.

    Remboursement
  • Liposomesdelicious 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Particular_Fan_2945 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Lost my phone in Bali, realized how useful eSIMs can be

    Oh no.. One thing to watch out for is that some eSIMs can’t be transferred to a new device, so you might need to get a fresh one from your provider. For example, Nomad doesn’t let you move the eSIM if your phone’s gone, but others like Surfroam do. Definitely reach out to your eSIM provider ASAP to see what they can do to get you back online without too much hassle.

    Activation
  • Proof_Opportunity982 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Noob to esims, I have multiple noob questions

    1. For Thailand, AIS, DTAC, and True are the main local carriers, all solid. If you want easy setup before you land, Airhub or nomad eSIMs that use those networks are good. 2. They send you a QR code that you scan in your phone settings to install the eSIM. 3. You can activate it before leaving Canada or when you land in Thailand, both work. 4. When you return, just turn the eSIM off in settings and switch back to your regular SIM. 5. That’s the whole process, really simple once you try it.

    ActivationAsie
  • Sad-Finding6846 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What happened to eSIM in Turkey?

    Yeah, so I’m Turkish myself and currently working at a telecom company in Europe, and here’s what really happened: eSIMs aren’t totally “banned” in Türkiye, but the government (BTK) blocked access to the websites and apps of a bunch of foreign travel eSIM providers like Airalo, Holafly, Nomad, etc. That means if you’re already using one you downloaded before arriving, it’ll probably keep working, but you can’t buy new ones or top up once you’re inside the country unless you use a VPN. Local carriers (Turkcell, Vodafone TR, Türk Telekom) still offer eSIM normally, so the tech itself isn’t illegal. It’s more that the authorities want to push people to use domestic operators instead of foreign ones. If you have any further questions, just let me know. Here's a very informative reddit post about the subject: [https://www.reddit.com/r/eSIMs/s/eQqTtnMeqN](https://www.reddit.com/r/eSIMs/s/eQqTtnMeqN)

    ActivationAsie
  • Junior_Excuse_228 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ConsistentBuyer7701 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best Global eSIM?

    I use Nomad eSIM after trying their 1GB trial. Global plan is stable especially in Europe and Asia. Customer support is helpful and resolve things really quickly. Cheap and value for money.

    AsieEuropePas cherRapport qualité-prixRemboursement
  • SituationQuiet7817 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What's the deal with all these poor reviews here on Nomad? Are they really that bad?

    I’m halfway through my 2 week trip in Spain and I still can’t get internet access on my Nomad eSIM. I must have spent 4 hours over the past three days with their tech support trying to get it fixed. They won’t offer a refund, just points. Which I refused saying I won’t be using them again. I have an unlocked iPhone 15 so there should not be an issue.

    EuropeRemboursement
  • SomeAcanthocephala17 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Holafly nightmare

    I have a similar experience for when I was in China and Hongkong, when the SIM does not work the trumpet can't really help you. They try to troubleshoot after they ask a lot of information, not those troubleshooting steps cause disconnections, which close your chat connection after 3 minute... After that you have to start a new session from scratch, because the next operator has no clue what was discussed in the previous chat. That was so frustrating. On my nomad esim I had no problems connecting in Hong Kong. But the hola esim required special passport registration procedures. The helpdesk of hola fly claimed this was not necessary (big lie) Because when you executed this procedure, then the internet started working.  The whole holafly experience was a disaster.

    Asie
  • Negative-Guava1433 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · EU + UK eSIM for Family of 4 (27 Days)

    I did a 3-week Europe trip last summer and we went with regional eSIMs from Airhub. One plan covered UK + EU, setup was instant and it worked in every country we passed through (London, Paris, Vienna, Prague). Speeds were good for maps and messaging, and I paid around €20 for 10-12GB. We tried the hotspot strategy too, it works, but drains the battery fast and isn’t always convenient if people split up. Ended up just getting one eSIM per person and it was less hassle overall. If you want simple and reliable, I’d go with Airhub or Nomad over Connectpls.

    Europe
  • Upper-Quiet-7010 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travel India eSIM with lot of data (or flat fee)

    I’ve had the same worry when sending family to India. The ones that worked best for us were Saily, Airalo, Nomad, Ubigi, and more recently I’ve tried Terminal eSIM. All of them give decent data packages, but I’d recommend installing before the trip while on Wi-Fi and testing it quickly so you’re not stuck abroad with setup issues.

    Asie
  • straitroute 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Budget_Programmer950 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad 'plan not yet started (ios)

    Nomad support just keeps telling me to screenshot everything, like they know nothing. So, connect to wifi, delete the eSIM, and then ask support to reinstall it. Just say that isn’t working and you had to delete it to try and fix it. - Anyways if it fixes it should roam on Rogers and Bell.

    Remboursement
  • ahabh999 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Anyone using a portable hotspot with eSIM?

    1 - Yes 2 - Yes, I could not get travel esims to work even within the country the esim is for. If you manage to find a portable hotspot where the software interface allows you to switch roaming on and off then I expect it should work but I haven't been able to verify it yet.

    r/eSIMs · Anyone using a portable hotspot with eSIM?

    I have tried an esim adapter on a portable hotspot. It only works if the esim is using a local data connection. The problem was with travel esims like Airalo, Nomad, etc. They need data roaming turned on which was not possible on the portable hotspot software interface.

    ActivationHotspot
    r/eSIMs · Europe+Middle East and China esim

    If you are looking for convenience then go for a global esim: Airalo $70 for 20GB and good coverage (their biggest global plan) Jetpac $65 for 30GB but less coverage. E.g. some middle eastern countries not covered like Bahrain, Oman, etc. Nomad is same price as Jetpac but with even less coverage Flexiroam $99 for 30GB with good coverage. They're running a promotion until tomorrow (Oct 24) where this plan is discounted to $65. Mobimatter $64 for 20GB with good coverage. Your best bet is Flexiroam if you are ready to buy now. Of course if you are really looking for lower prices then you may want check individual esims for each country you plan to visit.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • andeke07 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · eSim experience in Europe 2025

    This doesn’t help you now, but I can recommend Nomad or Airalo for any future travels. I’ve used them both (sometimes one is cheaper than the other) and the benefit is you can (usually) hop between multiple networks if the signal is better than one or the other. The only time I had issues is when I was in Ethiopia for work and the eSIM refused to connect, but that could also have been the network itself.

  • Jumpy-Cow5404 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Holafly_Official 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is eSIM still usable in Turkey for tourists in August 2025?

    Hi there! As of **July 2025**, Turkey’s telecom regulator (BTK) has blocked access to the apps and websites of major international eSIM providers—including Holafly, Airalo, Saily, Nomad, and others Linked In Travel Trends and News TechRadar. **However**, if you **purchase and install your eSIM** ***before*** **arriving**, it **will continue working normally** during your stay for example Holafly or TechRadar. Travelers who manage to do this report seamless data access—once activated pre‐arrival, the eSIM functions as expected TechRadar Focus on Travel News - ftnnews.com. If you haven’t, your best bet now may be buying a **local physical SIM** upon landing or using a **local eSIM from Turkish carriers**.

    ActivationAsie
  • Specialist-Swim8743 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Singapore eSim

    I’d recommend Nomad or Airalo. They’re both eSIM providers with short-term Singapore plans and good reviews. You can set it up in advance and it’ll kick in when she lands

    ActivationAsie
  • Amiga07800 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Good_aviaboi 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • japetusgr 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Send eSIM installation link to someone in Turkey

    On a second thought, you said that you will use Roamic. That might work for the time being. The current ban concerns the following eight foreign esims: Saily Airalo Holafly Nomad Instabridge Mobimatter Alosim BNESIM

  • monito_com 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Choosing an eSIM for a one week trip, need advice

    Airalo is reliable in Japan, but if you want cheaper options that are still reliable, then the following all offer a 1GB eSIM valid for 7 days for these prices: esim4travel $2.18 Instabridge $2.50 Roamless $3.95 Saily $3.99 Nomad $4 Ubigi $4 Alosim $4.50 Airalo $4.50 I think all of them except esim4travel have smartphone apps, which make it easy to top up data if you run out. I'm sure you'll want more than 1GB, and the competitiveness of the providers will change as you buy bigger plans, but in general, Airalo is not usually the cheapest. It does have reliable service though.

    ActivationJaponPas cher
    r/eSIMs · Going on exchange to the USA – What eSIM would you recommend for 4 months?

    For data only plans, esim4travel is usually very cheap. Jetpac and Nomad are also well-priced and have nice apps. Ubigi is another cheap one. Most Americans text via SMS and call your phone number directly, but you may be able to get by these days with the Facebook messenger app or WhatsApp. If you're interested in a temporary US phone number, look at Yesim or services like US Mobile. Yesim charges $3.60 per month — and then they charge additional fees for SMS and minutes used. US Mobile charge a bit more per month, but the SMS and minutes are included in the plan and the pricing is more transparent.

    ActivationPas cher
  • Appropriate_Donut268 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • CalmKindDude 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Abbbbiii24 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Hey im going to the US for 10 days

    I bought a Nomad eSIM for going to Florida for two weeks. It was £19 for 50g and it worked like a charm. There’s other amounts for different prices, 50g was definitely a lot for two weeks lol. However, It was also so easy to get on your phone! It sends you instructions and is simple to follow. I’ll definitely be using Nomad again for traveling.

    ActivationÉtats-Unis
  • mehmet1991x 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Terrible Service – Stay Away!

    Guys stay away from nomad eSIM. Everything fine with them except they’re unfairly taking gbs. Literally by being on instagram watching some short reels will take 10gbs of your data! That’s absolutely ridiculously!

  • beng2beng 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad eSIM

    i asked nomad's AI about this: If you have already purchased and activated your Nomad eSIM before entering China, you can top up your existing plan and add data add-ons while in China. However, you cannot purchase a new eSIM plan from within China due to local restrictions. Make sure your eSIM is active before arrival to ensure you can top up as needed during your stay

    ActivationAsie
  • Revolutionary_Ad5290 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • OkUse8831 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad eSIM Didn't work

    I noticed with Nomad on my unlocked phone was easily remedied for any questions et al; but our other phone was still on a payment plan which could not used an eSIM at all.

    ActivationRemboursement
  • SHDrivesOnTrack 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM across multiple countries

    Your phone number is tied to the eSIM. If you disable your verizon eSIM, the phone number becomes unavailable to your phone. iMessage will switch over to use the email address of your apple account rather than your phone number when this happens. Sometimes this looks wonky on the other person's phone if they don't have both email and your phone number in their address book. (you may need to re-enable your verizon number and switch it back when you return home: Settings/Apps/Messages ) whatsapp may want you to do some sort of 2FA with your phone number when you first set it up, but won't require it again, or maybe not for a month or two. You'll want to sign into whatsapp before you depart and make sure its working. However, whatsapp doesn't care about your eSIM status, and will use your phone number in its own internal system, and doesn't route through the cellular networks. With data-only service like Nomad, I believe the eSIM does not have a phone number assigned to it.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM across multiple countries

    I believe the nomad app will check the phone to see if it is unlocked before you purchase the e-sim. A friend of mine tried to set up nomad, and he got warned off before he paid for an esim. Nomad's FAQ is here: [https://www.getnomad.app/help-center/en/articles/9886375-how-do-i-know-if-my-device-is-unlocked](https://www.getnomad.app/help-center/en/articles/9886375-how-do-i-know-if-my-device-is-unlocked) The other test you can do is go to the settings / cellular / and find the "eSIMs" section. If there is an "Add eSIM" option, that's usually a good sign too. If the phone says "no sim restrictions", then it sounds very hopeful. I would call the Verizon number in the nomad faq and ask to be sure. Re Contracts: You might have an annual cell phone policy, but if you brought your own phone to the plan, that contract only covers your cellular services. The locked phone issue is only when you buy a phone from the carrier, and make payments on the phone itself. The reason is they don't want to hand over a phone, have you leave verizon, and be able to use a free phone with another carrier. Locking the phone is their way of making sure you pay for it. I would check your contract info and see if part of you bill is for the phone itself.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · eSIM across multiple countries

    I've traveled to Europe using a Nomad e-sim for data only. I would use the same service again, it worked well. Nomad has an Regional EU plan that cover most of the countries in Europe & the UK. They have a 35 and 36 country plan, both cover the UK and Spain, however the 36 country plan does NOT cover Gibraltar. Both plans also cover France, Germany, Netherlands, where you may have a stop in an airport on your way to your destination. read the list of countries first before selecting, and understand it is data only. No sms or voice. If you can get by with iMesage, email and whatsap, then data only is fine. How to use: follow the instructions on the e-sim vendor's website. install the e-sim before you leave. In the settings/cellular, it will show up as another cellular carrier. pro-tip: name your existing line "Verizon primary" or something before you install your new esim, so you can easily tell which is which. Once installed, you can return to this menu and turn the e-sim on and off. Turn off verizon when you leave your home country. One gotcha that I ran into with an iPhone, is when I disable my ATT regular sim, the phone gets confused what my default country code is for phone numbers. I solved this by editing my address book and putting +1 in front of every USA phone number. A bit tedious, but solves a lot of problems when you turn off your primary e-sim. One last tip: your phone needs to be not on payment contract. If your phone was bought on a payment plan from Verizon, your phone is probably locked and won't allow another e-sim to be installed from any vendor. I have read that some people have had luck contacting their phone company and paying off the balance of their contract, unlocking the phone, and then installing a travel esim, however it sounded like it could take several weeks to sort that out.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Mother-in-law needs eSIM

    Make sure the phone is not locked to a carrier and that you can actually install an e-sim. I used Nomad in several countries and it worked fine. Nomad is Data only, so no voice number or SMS, but you can use whatsapp for voice calls. Nomad has individual country plans, as well as EU regional. You install the app, and then use it to buy, and download the esim. You can also use the app to add more credit to the plan if needed. I believe you can do buy the esim 30 days before the trip, so OP, you can help your MIL do the setup before she leaves. Pro-tip. change the sim name to make the most sense. "Home", "Nomad-EU" etc. Once installed, you go into the iPhone settings, under cellular, and you can turn the e-sim and the regular data carrier sim on and off as needed. I assume android has something similar. This task shouldn't be too difficult if you show MIL how to do it, and you can show her before she leaves.

    ActivationEurope
  • NomadeSIM 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad eSIM - No tether or hotspot?

    Hey, just leaving a quick note here for anyone who might run into something similar. Hotspot/tethering *is* generally supported on Nomad eSIMs, but there can be rare cases where certain local networks or device configurations affect whether the hotspot option shows up. It's not a blocked feature, but it does sometimes depend on carrier behavior or how the device handles eSIMs. If anyone hits the same issue, it's worth restarting, checking for system updates, or resetting network settings – though sometimes the network itself may be the limiting factor. Hope this helps someone else who lands here.

    Hotspot
  • ilovetoyap 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Should I use ubigi or airola

    Ymmv but I used both and could never get Airalo to work. Ubigi was fine and their option to show a US IP even when I was in JP also worked. Other than that I used Nomad and Saily without problems.

  • snuggly_cobra 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Explain Data ESIM to me like I am a 5 year old.

    Data=Internet/email. Voice=Cellular calls/sms. I am sitting in Maldives on vacation. My ATT phone is unlocked, and has a Helium Mobile e-sim. The plan I’m on gives me a local U.S. number. I downloaded the Airalo app and installed an e-sim for Maldives, with data and a number. $30 USD as opposed to $5/min to call. I will be stopping in England on the way home. ATT has an international data plan that covers the UK. It will cost me $12 USD per day. But I can download an e-sim from Nomad at get 500mb of data for 1 day for free. No local number. I could spend some more money and get a plan with voice and data.

    ActivationEuropePas cher
  • ScoYello 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Europe ESim

    Nomad was the best bang for my buck. I’ve only used the data only plans but that’s exactly what I needed. Seamless for my trips to Canada and the EU. It actually worked better than friends that used Airalo. PM if you need a referral code. https://www.getnomad.app

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe travel?

    Nomad was the best bang for my buck. I’ve only used the data only plans but that’s exactly what I needed. Seamless for my trips to Canada and the EU. PM if you need a referral code. https://www.getnomad.app

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • beejobs 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Tristian-6969 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Any reviews on BNE ESIM?

    Well, I mainly travel to the US a few times a year but not enough to get a local plan. Even the UK, maybe once a year, so I was looking at a SIM I could get data, say 5GB, use 1GB in a trip, and have some remaining for my next. I mainly have used Airalo, of course, and Nomad since they do day plans. I just wondered where BNE stacked up

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
  • idletradventures 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Looking for eSIM with hotspot for China travel

    The eSIM we bought during our China trips supports hotspot from our mobile phone and it’s cheaper than the eSIM providers you mentioned. We wrote about the which eSIM works well in China without the need for VPN: https://idletradventures.beehiiv.com/p/how-to-access-the-internet-in-china-as-a-tourist-vpns-or-esims-for-google-instagram-whatsapp-and-mor

    Asie
  • Fresh-Revolution-895 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What’s the cheapest and best eSIM for the USA?

    Been using Redteago for my US trips,unlimited data at just $0.7/day. Super convenient and reliable, even during busy events like festivals. I’ve tried Airalo and Nomad before, but Redteago's value and stability won me over. Perfect if you go south often!

    Rapport qualité-prixÉtats-Unis
  • r2pol 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM.me vs. EIOTCLUB Physical eSIM – Advantages? Experiences?

    I have the eiotclub and a GL-Inet 750v2 mudi. Tried a nomad and billionconnet esims and it just does not work in China. Adjusted apn, and more. eSIM gets not activated error. The esim vendors offer no help. Meanwhile a simple esim in an unlocked phone works fine.. This is a great concept, just make sure you can return it if it doesn't work.

    ActivationAsieHotspotRemboursement
  • DuplicitousMonkey 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • BrainlessPanda73 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo or Nomad for USA (Louisiana) eSIM

    Thank you. My phone won’t accept Tello because it’s locked to my network while Im under contract - Airalo and Nomad work for data only as I’ve tested them for UK so just looking to see if anyone would recommend for USA.

    ActivationEuropeÉtats-Unis
  • True-Yam5919 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo or Nomad for USA (Louisiana) eSIM

    Both will work just fine. I would stick with Airalo. If I’m not mistaken Nomad routes their traffic thru servers in other countries and may increase latency. The 3 main networks in the states are Verizon, At&t, T-Mobile. Airolo uses Verizon or T-Mobile.

    États-Unis
  • makhay 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · USA eSIM?

    People like tello because its very straightforward and they have great customer service and deliver what they promise. Nomad is not $3 less, nomad is more per gb than tello. Almost double. Nomad and most other esim international providers do not offer anything more than data, no voice, no text.

  • Puzzleheaded_Dig3380 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · USA eSIM?

    I used Nomad in New York with no problems at all! If you want, I can send you the eSIM, as it is valid till April 13th and still has a few GB on it if you wanna try out

    États-Unis
  • nominasunt 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM

    I just used Nomad eSIM for a week in Taiwan. Set it up in Hong Kong before I boarded my flight. Got a nice start up discount. Very intuitive design and process. It was seamless connecting on arrival. And the coverage was generally v good for intermittent navigation in Taipei, Alishan and Kaohsiung for reading mainly text based websites. I bought 5 gig thinking it would be enough for 8 days but had to buy 3 more as the iPhone system services consumed 4.47gig in that time. Which I thought odd and excessive for the intermittent use (and I was on airplane mode to help save battery while out and about). But anyhow would recommend Nomad just don’t be stingy on the data like I was. X

    ActivationAsiePas cher
  • InterestingGrape0 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is this a good setup for China travel?

    Your research is correct. One of you should get a local physical SIM because you need a phone number to do a lot of things. I recommend Nomad eSIM. Worked great for me last year. P.S. letsvpn works perfect

  • CapableAttention4743 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM in Mexico

    Just arrived from Mexico a few days ago, got the eSIM Nomad as it has good feedback overall from what I've read around but couldn't be more disappointed. I chose the 10GB/30days plan for $9 - it was on sale and also got a coupon code. Really really bad service. I went through the cities I mentioned and couldn't be connected half of the vacations. Cancún, Tulum, Playa del Carmen (only in the Xcaret parks there) were the only places which the signal was OK and could surf most of the time with no issues. Valladolid really unstable, Chichen Itza non existing, Chiquilá non existing, Holbox same. While driving also non existing. Bottom line, won't trust Nomad on my next trip to latin or asian countries. Perhaps in Europe works OK, but won't give then another chance on the other ones.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Which eSIM for Mexico

    Thanks for the answers ppl. Maybe Nomad is the best cost vs benefit option out there. Will decide close to the traveling date which one I'll choose.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Numerous-Feed-4679 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Recommendation for Esim for Spain and France

    I used Nomad eSIM (data only) and found it to be very reliable. I used it in Switzerland, the UK and Belgium. I would highly recommend it. There are also discount codes online which can make the plans even cheaper

    EuropePas cher
  • 1AnnaBanana1 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Help understanding ESims

    Whatever you do, keep your phone unlocked so you can sign up for any travel/data only eSim when you are out of the country. It will save you tons of money on roaming. iPhone 11, 12 and 13 allows 1 eSim and 1 physical sim to be active simultaneously. iPhone 14 and up only have eSims and also 2 eSims to be active simultaneously. What this means is you can have your US number active at the same time you have a local travel/data eSim active. If you are keeping the iPhone 11 then just keep your US number as a physical sim and just download eSim as your Travel/Data before you embark on your travel (i use Nomad). Yes some eSim comes with local numbers aside from just data if you prefer. So when traveling I use wi-fi for my US number line (to avoid roaming charges) and use travel/data eSim when I'm away from wi-fi as my "wi-fi" to my US number line on. This way i receive and can make calls, texts (2FA) and use my various apps like I'm in the US without any hefty roaming fees. This article will show you how to set it up [https://www.reddit.com/r/TravelSIMs/comments/1e0r7p3/setting\_up\_iphone\_for\_wifi\_calling\_over\_cellular/?utm\_source=share&utm\_medium=web3x&utm\_name=web3xcss&utm\_term=1&utm\_content=share\_button](https://www.reddit.com/r/TravelSIMs/comments/1e0r7p3/setting_up_iphone_for_wifi_calling_over_cellular/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button)

    Activation
  • kulaski 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe?

    Misis & I had Nomad Esim during our 12/23-01/08 France-London-Edinburgh trip with no issues, data only and had on WhatsApp for both voice & messaging as the Wilde Aparthotels we stayed at operated strictly on WhatsApp.

    Europe
  • tolid75 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • GMNCE 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · E-Sim use on vacation in Dubai

    I have had no issues with my e-sim. Purchased and installed before leaving Ireland. Then switched it on when I arrived and it connected to Du network immediately. I was with Etisilat last year and it was better but the esim itself did the job. I went with Nomad’s 5GB option.

    ActivationAsie
  • Few_Being_2339 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • NigelCrisp66 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Europe

    We're heading off early 2025 for 3 weeks, so I've been doing my research. For Europe, Saily has no eSIMS between 10 GB & 50 GB, so I'm leaning towards Nomad with their 20 GB plan. I should add Nomad's Help Desk is brilliant and answered my queries about country coverage on Island Dependencies for some nations. Airalo was the exact opposite, and they appear to rely on FAQs, an Online Help Center & Blog for their idea of support, and after 15 minutes I could see no option to ask a human being, so gave up ! I'm afraid Jetpack, I haven't looked at.

    EuropeRemboursement
  • loopgoose 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Realistic-Chance3064 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Are any network providers on esimdb dodgy?

    I tested many esim provider like airalo, mobimatter, nomad but back then they all had the same problem with getting a new eSIM with getting eSIMs for different countries. I haded it to install a new eSIM. Then I found Esimatic where I can keep my eSIM and charge many data plans with different options on, such as Unlimited (with usage policy). almost a year now that I'm only using Esimatic. The price is cheaper than airalo, they allow to connect to multiple networks. the ping is optimizes regionally what I can say so far in Thailand and USA.

    Activation
  • SkorpionAK 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · “Nomad eSIM”It's a scam!

    I am not very happy with their customer service, they seem to be very engaged replying to you and all that. But they don’t provide any real solutions. For example. Payment for add on by visa did not work all. No error message. All they said was reload the app. Why in the first place there was this bug.

    Remboursement
  • ad_usum_delphini 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • mlfabb 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs SimsDirect - Travel to India

    Airalo can be bad in India due to latency reaching Europe where all traffic is routes. I am in India and have uses jetpac and nomad and both way better. Jetpac routes through sg

    Asie
  • marshmallow_ki 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Craig9261 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • BackgroundNotice7267 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Landrop 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Wolf35Nine 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · GoMoWorld vs MobiMatter for New Zealand?

    Most of the eSIM companies are resellers, though. Airalo, Nomad, Jetpac, etc., are all resellers. And people use them successfully all the time. Here in the US I use "Metro by TMobile" as my mobile carrier, which is really just a value reseller of TMobile. I feel ok with resellers.

  • RandomPlayer2000 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Has anyone used a Saily eSIM in China this year?

    Nomad was another one I considered too. Looks like it a bit cheaper than Saily at the moment. Most option don't have $NZ, so I look for the ones that is better for $US -> $NZ in terms of exchange (which looks like the better option for me price wise🤣

    Pas cher
  • 2dsafgkhjds 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · esims that are known to work and not work by cities and countries

    I absolutely did activate and turn on the profile under mobile settings in Iphone. Saw the two network bars stacked on top each other at the top of iphone screen. Even saw the different providers available for each esim and select each and every one of them in turn, and still no go. Only airalo esim worked briefly and maybe intermittently and even when it worked, it's slow as hell.

    Activation
  • Ecstatic_Builder_249 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM

    I have a completely different experience. I bought an esim for 5gb for Egypt. The first two days, no problem. Then, the connection was gone. Contacted support. And the AI bot, let me try several option toget it to work. It didn't,so I got a real person in the chat. Again,almost the same solutions were given. Tried them all, no connection... A ticket was made. The first response on it, was that they contacted the provider, which said that I had used a vast amount of data. When I look, I used 670 MB of the 5gb so far. Three days later, still no solution. Nomad is a real disappointment for me in Egypt. Maybe it works in other countries, but for Egypt,it's a NO GO.

    Remboursement
  • Honest_Arrival_7987 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Asia region?

    I did a Japan-South Korea trip in June and went with Airhub’s Asia regional plan, one eSIM covered both setup was instant, and speeds were solid even on trains. Saily and Yesim work, but Airhub or Nomad are usually cheaper and more reliable across multiple countries.

    AsieJaponPas cher
  • phoenix_73 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Holafly secretly routing traffic over Chinese infrastructure?

    I've only used Nomad and BNE which is Best Network Ever as for eSIM's. I think BNE are from Hong Kong. In the background, it seems to be Telia that are behind the eSIM provision. Some free eSIMs are using KPN from Netherlands too. Also known Tele2 to provide and think I had this with Nomad eSIM a while back. I'm in UK but picked another country to get roaming SIM for UK. I simply wanted to do speed tests for the UK networks. Though in fairness not sure how they are prioritised on roaming networks in UK.

    Europe
  • finsfan69 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Parko-is-a-good-boy 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad eSIM - No tether or hotspot?

    This didn't help and neither did your support team. Absolute horrendous service and being unable to hotspot means I'll be using another esim service from now on. What a waste of money

    HotspotRapport qualité-prixRemboursement
  • korbs781 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM mistake

    Elaboration: Tello: Tello's eSIMs include international calling to 60+ countries at no extra cost.  Holafly: Holafly offers unlimited data and international calling plans for various destinations.  WorldSIM: WorldSIM's International eSIM Pro provides 4G/5G data, calls, and SMS in 150+ countries, with free incoming calls in 85+ countries and optional USA numbers.  Airalo: Airalo offers global eSIM packages that include calls and texts, and they also have single-country plans for 7 to 30 days.  Nomad: Nomad offers various data plans in 200+ destinations, and you can add data add-ons as needed.  travSIM: travSIM offers optional international calling plans for their US eSIMs.  SimCorner: SimCorner offers Europe eSIM plans with unlimited talk time.  Esimatic: Esimatic offers a global eSIM that works in 60+ countries. 

  • micherle 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · US eSIM that use Verizon

    I’ve used Verizon for remote areas before, good coverage. TooSim app worked well for me on a trip to Flagstaff, AZ, using the Verizon network. I used Airalo and Nomad before, both solid, but TooSim's more convenient now—got 10 GB for $25. No need to swap SIMs, just switched it on. You can check Verizon-compatible eSIMs in the app's details section before buying.

  • abrahamguo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • MemoryHot 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • InterestingChange959 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • OkCamp0608 🇮🇹

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · US Roadtrip from Italy

    Ciao! Io a gennaio ho usato Nomad, 10GB per 30 giorni pagando 9,75€. L’ho attivata appena l’ho acquistata e ho attivato il roaming appena atterrato. L’Esim si appoggia a AT&T e non ho mai avuto problemi di copertura a New York e Boston. Mi sembra che fosse la soluzione più economica per me confrontando le varie app tipo Airalo, Nomad, MobiMatter e Maya Mobile che ho usato in altri paesi.

    ActivationPas cherÉtats-Unis
  • Tschuklo 🇩🇪

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Regading the eSIM app Nomad

    Ich habe im letzten Monat für 3 Wochen die Nomad eSim-App in den USA (Kalifornien und Nevada) genutzt, war sehr zufrieden und würde sie wieder verwenden. Ich habe mir den 20 GB Tarif gebucht und muss sagen, daß es für mein Nutzungsverhalten eindeutig zuviel war. 5 GB wären absolut ausreichend gewesen. Hin und wieder Google Maps und regelmäßig WhatsApp Telefonie, Nachrichten gecheckt und verschickt. Wie schon zu Anfangs geschrieben, hat alles geklappt, ich kann es empfehlen. @nomad gern geschehen 😉

    ActivationÉtats-Unis
  • AccordingAd8361 🇪🇸

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · E-sim Francia e Islandia

    ¡Hola! Para Francia e Islandia, te recomiendo buscar una eSIM con cobertura regional europea. **Airalo** y **Nomad** tienen opciones decentes, pero ojo con los límites diarios en los planes “ilimitados”. Si prefieres algo más confiable y sin sorpresas, yo siempre llevo activa **Flexiroam**. Me ha funcionado genial en zonas rurales de Islandia y en ciudades como París. Además, puedes cambiar de país sin cambiar de SIM, lo cual es perfecto para viajes multi-destino como el tuyo 🌍📶

    EuropeIllimité
  • A_britiot_abroad 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

Souvent comparé à

Questions fréquentes

Nomad est-il fiable pour voyager dans plusieurs pays ?

Les utilisateurs Reddit rapportent de nombreux voyages sans difficulté avec les forfaits régionaux, notamment en Europe et en Asie. Certains décrivent toutefois des coupures prolongées ou une absence de connexion dans certaines destinations. Les témoignages invitent aussi à vérifier la liste exacte des pays inclus.

Le forfait illimité Nomad convient-il au télétravail ?

Plusieurs utilisateurs Reddit signalent une forte baisse de débit après épuisement du quota quotidien à pleine vitesse, jusqu’à rendre les usages professionnels impraticables. Les limites sont jugées insuffisamment claires par certains acheteurs. Les retours sont plus favorables aux forfaits à volume défini, sans garantir une connexion adaptée à tous les besoins professionnels.

Peut-on installer Nomad avant le départ ?

Les utilisateurs Reddit trouvent généralement l’installation simple, via l’application ou un QR code, et plusieurs la préparent avant leur voyage. Un témoignage rapporte toutefois qu’un forfait pour la Thaïlande a commencé sa période de validité dès l’installation. Les retours soulignent donc l’importance de vérifier les modalités d’activation du forfait choisi.

Nomad permet-il WhatsApp et le partage de connexion ?

Les utilisateurs Reddit rapportent des usages satisfaisants de WhatsApp, y compris pour les appels, et du partage de connexion vers un ordinateur. Les forfaits décrits sont principalement dédiés aux données, sans numéro local ni appels ou SMS classiques. Quelques témoignages signalent néanmoins des difficultés de partage selon le réseau ou l’appareil.