Airalo

Airalo, packshot

Idéal pour : Selon les retours Reddit, idéal pour les courts séjours avec des besoins modérés en données et une installation préparée avant le départ.

En bref : Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient surtout la simplicité d’Airalo et rapportent de nombreux voyages sans problème de connexion. Les réserves portent principalement sur des tarifs souvent jugés élevés, ainsi que sur des pannes dont la résolution par le support reste inégale.

Note de consensus

6.8/10

#12 sur 17 · eSIM voyage

selon Reddit

Score de sentiment58 % positifs
Positifs435
Neutres125
Négatifs185

Au-delà de ce modèle, la marque Airalo (toutes gammes) recueille 47 % d'avis positifs sur 880 utilisateurs Reddit. Ce signal marque ne compte pas dans la note du modèle ci-dessus.

Points forts

Connexion stable

282 82

« Airalo n’est pas bon marché, mais ils sont fiables. » Voir l’avis

« My family and I got airalo when we went and had no problems whatsoever. » Voir l’avis

« All of them generally work fine (jjesim, Ubigi, Airalo). » Voir l’avis

Réception appréciée

138 47

« Throughout Europe and Asia ( Doha), never had an issue yet. » Voir l’avis

« I've used Airalo all throughout SEA and it's been pretty solid. » Voir l’avis

« I have used the Airalo app for eSIMs in Europe, Asia, Latin America and have had no issues. » Voir l’avis

Points faibles

Restrictions mal expliquées

11 24

« they don't tell you at all, you can try to ask but they might change it with no notice: most providers including Airalo, Holafly, Nomad » Voir l’avis

« Unlike Airalo, this is actually unlimited, it won't cut off after using 3 GB during a day. » Voir l’avis

« I used Airalo across four of those cities last month and the speeds were fine but it throttled after 30gb on the "unlimited" plan so read the fine print before you buy » Voir l’avis

Prix jugé élevé

81 214

« Airalo n’est pas bon marché, mais ils sont fiables. » Voir l’avis

« i usually buy my esims from a provider there, much cheaper that the well known providers like hollafly and airalo » Voir l’avis

« 1) airalo is over priced.. but if you really want to do it » Voir l’avis

Assistance décevante

15 36

« Airalo worked fine for me in Japan, but later I noticed unauthorized purchases from Africa on my account and it was a major pain trying to locate someone from customer service. » Voir l’avis

« Plus, if you run into any problems, their customer service is non-existent. » Voir l’avis

« I personally think Airalo is overpriced a lot of the time and their support is so-so but the data itself has worked fine for me. » Voir l’avis

CritèreNote /10Ce qu'en dit le consensus
Installation4.8Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient généralement la simplicité d’installation, mais certains rencontrent des réglages manuels ou trouvent la gestion de plusieurs profils contraignante.
Usages4.4Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient Airalo pour les applications courantes en voyage, mais soulignent les contraintes de validité et les différences entre forfaits avec ou sans appels.
Couverture5.8Les utilisateurs Reddit rapportent une couverture satisfaisante dans de nombreuses destinations, avec des lacunes variables selon les réseaux et les zones visitées.
Prix2.2Les utilisateurs Reddit jugent souvent les tarifs élevés face aux alternatives, malgré des offres ponctuellement compétitives et des économies sur l’itinérance.
Transparence1.4Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient certaines limites clairement affichées, mais signalent aussi des écarts de comptage des données et des informations réseau contestées.
Fiabilité7.5De nombreux utilisateurs Reddit décrivent des voyages sans incident, tandis que d’autres rapportent des coupures ou des échecs de connexion persistants.
Support2.7Les avis Reddit sur le support sont contrastés, entre assistance efficace et échanges répétitifs avec des remboursements difficiles à obtenir.
Vitesse4.4Les retours Reddit mêlent des débits rapides à des ralentissements et une latence élevée selon le forfait, avec un bridage signalé sur plusieurs offres illimitées.
Mis à jour le 2026-09-29Comment on calcule

Avis Reddit

868 avis analysés · Positifs 435 Neutres 125 Négatifs 185

  • mrskeptical00 🇫🇷🇬🇧🌐

    103 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Holafly debuts its one-of-a-kind eSIM Global Data plan

    *“Holafly is moving beyond being a travel data solution to becoming the world’s first truly international mobile operator. Roaming is finished. The future of telecom is borderless, effortless, and built on software, not outdated plastic SIMs,” says CEO Pablo Gomez.* Hyperbole much? Saily & Gigsky have monthly plans already and Airalo has a yearly global plan with a phone number. Unless you’re using more than 25GB a month multiple countries a subscription plan doesn’t make sense. The differentiator is a monthly plan *with* a phone number. While I think this is a very niche service - I’m a big fan of how competition drives innovation up and prices down.

    r/eSIMs · Why do people buy esims promoted by influencers?

    They’re not “pretty expensive.” They do cost a little more than comparable services due to their more recognizable name - but often it’s less than $10. Trip.com is the Temu of eSIMs. Your data is being routed through China and that introduces latency as well as privacy concerns for some.

    r/eSIMs · Why So Many Different Recommendations?

    They aren’t all the same. Some have exit nodes in the same country you’re in, some are halfway arrive the world - increasing latency. Airalo seems to prioritize exit nodes in the local country - but you pay for that. If you’re in France and the exit node is in London or Poland will that make a big difference? No. However if the exit node is in Asia you will notice the latency. I wouldn’t pay Airalo prices for a service that has (even slightly) higher latency, but I wood happily pay less for a service with one slightly more latency. That said, don’t overthink it. Either of those options and countless others are fine.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Looking for an eSIM for Scandinavia trip

    When you buy an eSIM advertised as a travel SIM it will work in any country it’s advertised to work in, you don’t need to activate an Orange eSIM in France first to use it in Italy. Most eSIMs are data only. Airalo has a Czech eSIM that comes with a phone number for about $20, it should do if you don’t find anything better. Needing a mobile number will limit your options and increase the price. With a data only eSIM you can just use iMessage/FaceTime/WhatsApp linked to your primary number.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Travel advice when using Airalo

    Travel eSIMs (not just Airalo) do not give you access to your home SIM’s phone number. I recommend leaving your home SIM on while switching data roaming off for that SIM - this way you can still get your calls and texts. I also recommend disabling the “travel pass” feature of your provider so you’re not charged a daily fee that you’re trying to avoid by using the travel eSIM. If you answer the calls or reply to the texts you’ll be charged roaming fees from your carrier so don’t do that too often.

    r/eSIMs · Esim France, Germany + UK

    Orange is good. Sparks, JetPac, Airalo also all have European plans. Don’t buy anything now, but it a couple days before you leave.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Roamless Flex over Airalo for me

    Why do you have 9 old expired eSIMs? Airalo and others also offer regional European eSIMs. Also, no need to keep them around, just delete them when you’re done with them. Roamless Flex is VERY expressive for people that use an average amount of data. Your usage for a one week trip is very below average, 3.5 GB on a trip is probably the upper limit of Roamless Flex’s appeal. For those that need 5GB or more, a 10GB regional European plan (are around $15) from other providers is MUCH more economical than Roamless Flex. I like Roamless Flex, but a week long trip to Europe isn’t one of them. You asked for personal experience about this last month (https://www.reddit.com/r/eSIMs/s/Z0Onq2PGI1 ) and nobody recommended Roamless - yet you went with them anyway? That’s odd.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Unlimited Airalo vs Holafly

    Airalo unlimited works. Holafly also has a GB limit before they slow you down. Be sure you compare that 3GB daily max bucket of GB plans when considering the value.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Airalo or saily for 5 days in manhattan?

    Neither. The US has a very competitive mobile market with easy signup and prices better than travel eSIMs. Suggest to go with a US MNVO like Tello or US Mobile. If you’d prefer the simplicity of a travel eSIM both Saily and Airalo will perform equally well.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Looking for a esim to work in both USA & Canada

    Don’t worry about the validity, you can always renew - look at the overall price. I believe Airalo will be expensive for North America. US has cheap data but Canada is expensive. eSIMGo via MobiMatter also has a North America plan that is under $20 for 30 days & 10GB and you can buy as many as you want in the app. Says top ups are available but not sure how that works via MobiMatter. JetPac has 10GB for $22/30 days that covers both counties. You’ll need an app on everyone’s phone for this as you can’t buy multiple eSIMs from the same app.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Europe ESim

    Most Travel eSIM operators offer a regional EU plan. Airalo, Alo, Nomad, JetPac, Sparks, Saily all offer what you’re after. Prices vary, service is good on all. Sparks and JetPac should have the best pricing. I saw JetPac has a deal for 30GB for $20ish bucks.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Why is Airalo expensive? Is it worth it?

    Not saying Airalo is the best option in most situations, but you are generally getting better service. Testing in Canada and the US Airalo has exit nodes in the US vs other providers that route through Europe so there’s much less latency. If you’re in Europe it matters less if it routes from a different European country because they’re not as large geographically - being in Germany and routing through Poland isn’t a big deal vs being in the US and routing through Poland. Being arguably the most popular also helps with debugging their network as it’s a numbers game. Vs a less popular provider it’s more likely someone else has already had an issue with a particular phone/destination/network and it was resolved before you encounter that same issue. Would I use them in Europe? There are slightly cheaper options, but the hidden $20 10GB Czech plan with EU roaming is a hassle free option. Would I use them in the US? No, local carriers are faster/cheaper. I do keep them as a standby and do recommend them to others that want a simple solution that just works.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prixÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Miami visit - Best eSim? How to use?

    Airalo is good, but for 3 week visit to the US most of the MNVOs are a much better price, come with a phone number and their Internet connection will have much has less latency. I usually recommend Tello for family & friends.

    Rapport qualité-prixÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Question about eSims, Spam and Access

    You seem to misunderstand how a travel eSIM works - it has nothing to do with your home eSIM and is a separate usually data only service. Read this explainer - https://www.reddit.com/u/mrskeptical00/s/7WvZjnSnLy As for which service to get, they are mostly the same. Airalo is probably the biggest of them and it should have worked fine unless it was setup incorrectly or in a particularly bad service area.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · BEST eSIM SE Asia/Mainly Japan

    If you read online you’ll see people alleging problems with every eSIM. There’s nothing wrong with either Airalo or Ubigi but there are also other providers that are perfectly fine as well.

    r/eSIMs · Does Airalo suck now?

    You’re aware you only get 3GB of full speed data daily before it slows down? I buy fixed GB plans and I haven’t found them slow at all.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Making Calls In Canada with Holafly

    u/lomtodge Airalo Canada with calls and texts will work fine. You can also get a monthly plan from one of the local prepaid providers - Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile, Chatr Mobile. It will be cheaper, but more hassle signing up and canceling. Another option is one of the free VoIP apps: Fongo, TextNow, TextMe, TextFree - they let you make free VoIP calls and give you an incoming Canadian or US number in exchange for some ads. Lastly you can get a VoIP app like KeepCalling which is pay per use or SlyNumber which is a monthly fee. SlyNumber also lets you call toll free numbers without having an account - just tried it with the Falls View Casino number in your post and it worked (just don’t include the +1 in the number, it’s automatic). https://preview.redd.it/3ow37izmpbxg1.jpeg?width=1260&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5e2b2c3fbbb661f083671a636789b34555483bc3

    r/eSIMs · U.S. eSIM recommendations where I don't need to turn on roaming ?

    The Airalo local IP plans run off local networks which generally doing need roaming enabled because they’re not actually roaming - they’re more like an MNVO. I’m using the Canada Mobile plan right now with roaming off. I’m not in the US at the moment so I can’t confirm 100% but I can give someone an eSIM to test.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Why do you need wifi to install esims?

    I apologize, as this sub mostly about travel eSIMs and OP was asking about travel eSIM I didn’t realize you were referring to a carrier’s own eSIMs. Yes, carriers can and do allow their network to be used for their own eSIMs as that’s helpful to them - **they do not** allow their networks to be used to install 3rd party eSIMs which it seemed to me that you were suggesting. Installing an eSIM from Airalo or Nomad will require a data connection of some sort.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Success story - Thailand & Singapore

    So for a difference of €6 you decided to roll the dice on a random bottom of the barrel eSIM with mixed reviews instead of a “nice experience” with known quantity you had success with? Where did you read these “mixed reviews” of abesteSIM? What wasn’t nice about the abesteSIM experience relative to Airalo?

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Rcs with USA sim card while traveling to Europe with esim

    You don’t need to do all that to get RCS working, RCS automatically uses the data connection. Don’t bother to turn off Google Fi or do any of that. Just set data Airalo and turn off data roaming on Fi and you’re good to go. Do not change any other settings. People in Verizon or AT&T need to jump through hoops not to get charged a daily travel pass fee - Google doesn’t have that so you’re good to go.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Global E-Sim with phone number

    There’s a sticky post in this sub about providers that offer numbers. Not sure why you specifically need a “global” eSIM. Please describe your use case and maybe we can give you a better solution. Also, Airalo global worked for me.

    r/eSIMs · Stable & Reliable eSIM Recommendations for Middle East, Africa & Asia

    All providers are only as stable and reliable as the networks you’ll be roaming on. Most “global” eSIMs aren’t great in terms of price/performance, it would be a better idea to get an eSIM for each destination. Airalo, JetPac, BNE all offer a global eSIM that you prepay at a specific price per GB. Roamless & eSIM.sm both offer a single eSIM that roams everywhere but the price varies depending on the country you’re in, you just load it with cash and it will deduct the price per GB as you use it.

    r/eSIMs · Troubleshooting

    You’re not getting texts on Airalo, you’re getting them on VZW. If you go into the VZW SIM settings you can try to go into Network Selection (for Verizon, not Airalo) and try manual setting the network to a provider that causes you to have no signal for Verizon. That will solve your problem.

    r/eSIMs · Troubleshooting

    Your Airalo eSIM does not come with a phone number. Yes, turn on Verizon and make sure Roaming is off. That will turn your iMessage back on (check the settings to ensure you’ve re-enabled it for your phone number). While that will protect you from data roaming, if you get a text or call you will be charged the roaming day pass fee unless you’ve disabled it with VZW.

    r/eSIMs · italy mobimatter

    Not sure what eSIMs you use but I tend to stick with the more popular ones which also let you create as many as you need - Airalo, Alo, Saily, BNE SIM. I do have a single eSIMs per account solution (Roamless) but that’s the exception rather than the rule.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Esim advice for travelling

    Our advice is to use Lyca in the UK. If you want use something different, Airalo, Alo, Roamless, JetPac, Sparks, BNE, Saily, Nomad are all other options that work in the UK. Yesim is not recommended because the only people that ever recommend it are spammers.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Worst eSIM experience with airalo

    Last I checked they were both the same price. But double checking now, it seems Airalo no longer offers the O2 SIM. They have switched to “Prosim”. Looks like your only option is to buy direct: https://www.o2.cz/osobni/volani/mobilni-tarify/prepaid-esim

    r/eSIMs · Capo Verde Roamless

    Roamless is a good, easy solution for any country they support - but $50 for 3GB is pretty expensive. Don’t know if other providers are cheaper, but you can probably get a local SIM for much cheaper after you arrive. Airalo offers 1GB for $9.50 (lasts 7 days) so that might also be an option to hold you over until you get a local SIM.

    r/eSIMs · Miami visit - Best eSim? How to use?

    Not sure you need to be tech savvy to enter an address, but I’d rather spend $20 per person than $40. Airalo is just really expensive for the US. Check out JetPac or Sparks - half the price of Airalo in the US and you don’t need to enter an address ;)

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Miami visit - Best eSim? How to use?

    I agree that apps like Airalo make it an easier purchase. With Tello you have the added step of entering an address - for me $25 for unlimited data (35GB full speed) and unlimited long distance is worth 2 the minute signup. At $42 US for 20GB Airalo is a lot more for a lot less in the US. Even relative to other comparable travel eSIMs it’s more than twice as expensive. Not sure why they are so expensive in the US as their pricing is more comparative in Europe.

    ActivationEuropeRapport qualité-prixÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · UK/EU cheaper than UK alone?

    As others have e said, unlimited isn’t unlimited - it’s 3GB/day (21GB). For the UK you can get 20GB for about $10 with many providers - that works out to 60GB for about $30 (if you kept topping up) of full speed data. u/esims\_bot UK >20GB >30d <$35

    EuropeIllimité
    r/eSIMs · eSim for 1 week in Spain, Amsterdam, and Paris

    Data plans aren’t based on what you pay for your home plan. Airalo advertises 10GB European data for $26 - which is about average for the bigger companies - but they also have a $16USD plan hidden under Czech Republic w/calls and text. There are some providers offering it for around $10 - https://travelsims.app/country/Europe?minData=10

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Does Airalo suck now?

    You would generally not deprioritized unless there is massive traffic on the network. As has been previously stated, you’re slowed because you used your daily allotment. If speed is more important than price you should get a fixed data plan.

    r/eSIMs · Hi, does someone know if mobile data work in the UK if I have the Czech mobile operator Kaktus (I'm from Czechia) but also an eSIM from Airalo, from whom I buy a data package for the UK (data only). So I call with Kaktus, but I get data (internet) from Airalo via their virtual (eSIM) sim card??

    You can definitely setup your phone to call from your home SIM and use data from the eSIM. On iPhone just set Airalo as the Cellular Data SIM and set your home SIM as the “Default Voice Line”. Make sure you turn on Roaming for the Airalo eSIM and turn off Roaming for your Czech SIM.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Quick Review Morocco

    Did you find Airalo difficult to sign up with? I don’t know anything about Moroccan mobile networks, but Ubigi uses Moroc Telecom & Orange while Airalo uses only Orange. Both are only 4G.

    r/eSIMs · Airhub is total scam!!!!

    Many of the negative reviews have this non-allowed use in common and I’ve only seen it with Airhub. If you to use Airalo in a different country than the one you bought it for it just won’t work - no big deal - it doesn’t get cancelled on you 😂 I suspect Airhub is exploiting some sort of loophole somewhere. For example, I can buy an addition “tablet eSIM” that will share data from my existing plan - I think I can buy up to 5 for an additional $10mo. Even though it’s supposed to be a data only eSIM, it will allow calls and roaming data (outside of Canada) for an exuberant price. Could they be doing something like this? 🤷🏻‍♂️

    r/eSIMs · Need help please

    I mean, I don’t know your wife - it’s pretty for me. If you install an app like Airalo it’s pretty straight forward to buy and install an eSIM if she follows the instructions. Might be a good idea to do it yourself (buying a UK eSIM) so that you can walk her through it.

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Airalo IP routing location (in)accuracy?

    “Expensive” is relative. I’ve been looking at prices between the more popular brands and they seem to be in line with others - sometimes better, sometimes more, often the same. I will say that Airalo it’s regularly at the top of latency testing.

    r/eSIMs · I see USA do a lot of free sim trials?

    I’m just saying Roamify is garbage. US Airports have wifi. If you want immediate connectivity upon landing you can also use a lower data eSIM from Alo, Airalo, RedteaGo, Roamless (lots of good options) before getting Tello. You can message u/esims_bot with “USA” for a list of prices from various good providers.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Going to Peru for ~6 months, but...

    How much does a phone plan cost in Peru? An Airalo 10GB Global pack that lasts 6mo plan costs $56. 10 x 1GB/7 day Peru plans cost $46. Roamless pay as you go plan cost $4.95/GB for Peru. You can put $20 on there and just recharge when needed. That might be your best bet.

    r/eSIMs · Looking for a eSIM , without SSN allow me to received SMS oversea

    You are limited on which US providers will allow you to install while out of the country. Tello used to work and supported this but they no longer support activations outside the US. Some people claim it can be done with a VPN. You could give that a try. Airalo offers global eSIMs with a US number and limited calls/texts. You could also give that a try.

    r/eSIMs · What eSIM works in the Galápagos Islands?

    Local as in an Ecuadorian provider, not a travel eSIM. Airalo is doing you a solid saying it won’t work, I don’t know that other travel SIM providers will work. Kind of like buying a US travel sim but it doesn’t work in Hawaii or Alaska, etc. You will have to do your research and look at the fine print, only get a travel eSIM for there if it confirms that Galapagos is included.

    r/eSIMs · Need advice for Australia-bought eSim

    Airalo sells global eSIMs. They’re $66US for 20GB for a year. Roamless is also a one eSIM solution that works all over the world but price varies by country - and in many places will be more than Airalo so double check the countries she’ll be visiting on their website.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · GigSky One

    Overall, I don’t think it’s a great deal unless you’re constantly travelling and need a full 25GB of slow data. That’s over $400 of data. You could buy 6 x 20GB/365 days of Airalo’s global plan for that much money or cheaper monthly regional plans. But if you feel the $33 is a good value then don’t be scared off about changing phones. I’m sure you can contact support and they’ll reissue you an eSIM.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Going to Europe for 34 days. Was deciding between BNESIM, Holafly or Simly

    Yes, above all the local provider is better in terms of quality and service. But some people don’t want to fill out a form or subscribe to a contract they have to cancel to save a few bucks - I get that too - but sadly $30 for 10GB of Canadian data *is* relatively competitive in Canada 😂 If you go with a Airalo or Saily as a baseline, you know you’re going to get decent service. You can then use that as a comparable for local prices and no name prices and make the your decision. Ideally all travel eSIM providers would stated their breakout locations for each country. Simply stating “you may notice an alternative IP address” is not good enough.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for pc based WhatsApp only.

    An eSIM has nothing to do with a PC based app. You just need an eSIM with a phone number. Airalo has many plans with phone numbers, but you need to keep paying or you will lose the number and someone else will have it (and your WhatsApp account). What country are you in? Why can’t you get a mobile SIM?

    r/eSIMs · Unlimited Airalo vs Holafly

    Airalo global is a very expensive option for a couple weeks in Europe. The 10GB Czech Republic plan (includes European roaming) is only $16.

    EuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Brazil?

    **Brazil (Pricing in $USD unless stated)** **Airalo** 2 GB/15 Days $7.50 2 GB/15 Days $7.50 3 GB/30 Days $10.00 3 GB/30 Days $10.00 5 GB/30 Days $14.00 5 GB/30 Days $14.00 10 GB/30 Days $25.00 10 GB/30 Days $25.00 20 GB/30 Days $38.00 20 GB/30 Days $38.00 **Nomad** 3 GB/30 Days $10.00 5 GB/30 Days $14.00 10 GB/30 Days $24.00 20 GB/30 Days $37.00 **Jetpac** 5 GB / 30 Days $14.00 10 GB / 30 Days $24.99 15 GB / 30 Days $29.99 **Saily** 3 GB/30 Days $9.99 5 GB/30 Days $13.99 10 GB/30 Days $24.99 20 GB/30 Days $39.99 **Sparks** 1 GB/60 Days $3.60 2 GB/60 Days $6.00 3 GB/60 Days $8.50 5 GB/60 Days $13.20 10 GB/60 Days $25.20 15 GB/60 Days $37.60 (Prices are for comparison purposes and not a recommendation)

    r/eSIMs · Some research I did on eSIM options for traveling in Canada

    The difference between Airalo and RedTeaGo is $4 - are you really concerned about $4 more than you are your data connection? Airalo is the best travel eSIM provider in Canada as they’ve partner directly with Bell Canada (and not one of the data roaming backbones) giving them the lowest latency I’ve tested. The data exits at nodes code to you and doesn’t go to Europe first like RedTeaGo. https://www.reddit.com/r/TravelSIMs/s/QJCkiB7g5f Not saying it’s *bad*, but it’s not like the better service is 2-3x the price… it’s $4 more.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Recommendation for UK/France?

    u/esims_bot Europe You can get one European eSIM that supports both UK & France (see below). Saily, Nomad & Airalo allow you to manage all the eSIM’s from one account (although you can’t name the eSIMs with Saily).

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for travel (multiple countries)

    u/esims_bot Asia It’s your usage that determines how quickly you use data, it has nothing to do with the eSIM company. Airalo and Nomad along with the companies below are well known brands. You shouldn’t have an issue with any of them.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Airalo eSIM cheaper on Mobimatter: is it safe to buy?

    MobiMatter is fine, they’re a reseller and have some deals but not the same options you’d get from Airalo, Sparks, etc directly. Just confirm it’s actually a good deal before pulling the trigger as those other companies usually also offer referral discounts.

    r/eSIMs · Is there a way to compare various providers prices?

    Never said they are always best anywhere in the world and I did state that if they use the same backend then service will be similar. I’m just saying at worst, they offer the same service but in many places they do offer better service. Even if routing is involved they might still use a better backend or have a better SLA - but for sure if you see there is no routing it’s better. Airalo and presumably Saily have a team of people that manage their network and don’t simply rely on their backend provider. Again, not saying in every case the service is better - just saying they have the scale and resources to provide better service. For someone who isn’t travelling all the time and doesn’t have the local connections - you’re more likely than not going to get better service from a known provider than no-name Joe’s eSIMs that are simply a white label at a cost of a few dollars more.

    r/eSIMs · Is there a way to compare various providers prices?

    My bad, I’m getting my posts confused 😂 Obviously you can spend your money on whatever service you want and avoid any services you feel a way about - but there is **absolutely** a difference in service quality and I’ve tested it (https://www.reddit.com/r/TravelSIMs/s/d4Ib4WiojV). Some random reseller may use Plus or whoever and yes - if the big providers are using them too then the service will be the same - but they don’t necessarily use the same backend service. Airalo for example is big enough to make their own deals with local providers - in Canada they use Telus and the latency is as good a local providers as data exits in Canada, in Czech Republic they have a deal with O2 and data exits there. They have a bunch of these agreements and that makes the service quality a lot better than a random company that routes North American traffic via Europe. Saily is also phenomenal in Canada. Does that make it work the price? At the same price it’s a no brainer, if more expensive then I can’t answer that - to each their own - but 100% there’s a difference.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · How is Ubigi In Uzbekistan? Or any eSIM works well there?

    So by core network you mean the backend to handle management and control of the mobile service — issuing eSIMs, billing, authentication, routing, etc. - not *specifically* an internet backbone… although I believe they have direct connectivity to some major operators. In summary, I think they would be considered a tier 2 operator since they don’t run their own networks and just piggy back off others but they do enable others to to use their white label mnvo service. With that all said, in Canada I’ve found Airalo, Roamless and Saily to have 30-60% *less* latency than Ubigi.

    r/eSIMs · How is Ubigi In Uzbekistan? Or any eSIM works well there?

    Yes and no. Connecting to the tower would be the same, but what happens to your data after that is very different. Airalo is always at the top of the latency charts in my testing because they have exit nodes in or near the countries they operate in. Other providers might use cheaper routing that exits in HK - not great if you’re in North America - so there very much is a difference. Now, if you’re willing to save a few bucks in exchange for slower connectivity that’s a choice some people will happily make - but to pay more for worse connectivity isn’t a very good decision

    r/eSIMs · Help with EU trip

    Airalo also has a 10GB Czech plan that includes European roaming and Talk & Text for $16. It’s basically a secret EU roaming plan.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Holafly

    Is your eSIM flag as recommended or popular on eSIM db 🤔 Obviously you’d want people to believe it isn’t true, but you generally get what you pay for and there’s a massive difference between the big guys and small guys. The main thing being support and the other being latency. I’ve yet to see a smaller player with sub 100ms latency in Canada like I see with Airalo, Roamless & Saily.

    r/eSIMs · Saily nope for Europe, what else?

    Airalo is expensive for EU roaming so they’re also not recommended. In terms if them having an outage - all providers can have an issue - does not mean Holafly is immune - just that for your particular trip it was fine. Similar to how every eSIM I’ve used have been fine for my trips. Most posts about Holafly on here are about customers asking for refunds because they didn’t get an eSIM a customer service not responding. So pick your poison I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Any tried Thyme Mobility?

    Ah, I missed that, thanks. That said, why would you use an unknown company to save $2 over Airalo - the largest eSIM provider which also uses Smart (biggest Philippines network)? I understand saving money, but for $2 go for the name brand which you've already used successfully.

    AsieRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Which company

    https://www.reddit.com/r/TravelSIMs/s/SZDbutOxem The lower the latency the better. I’m from Canada and use Tello for plans that don’t include US roaming. Airalo also has very low latency. I didn’t test Nomad, wouldn’t go with Ubigi, but Sparks exits in Europe so that leads to high latency. If it’s just for maps and checking emails then it doesn’t matter much.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · eSIM suggestions for Spain, France, and Belgium

    They all have crappy support, Airalo is the most used (seemingly by a lot) so they will have the most complaints. Airalo has a Czech Republic plan with voice that includes EU roaming and it’s cheaper than their standard euro link plan.

    EuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · Anyone use airalo and been stitched up?

    Are any of the “top” providers? On recent trips for myself and what I’ve setup for friends I’ve used Airalo, Alo, BNE, Gigsky (for cruises), Roamless, Saily & Tello (not a travel eSIM by great choice for the US if you want a phone number). I’ve used Nomad and it’s good too, but it’s just more of the same and since I don’t have any credit with them I don’t see a benefit over Alo or Airalo. I’d also use JetPac and Sparks if I was going to the EU. One of my considerations is that I manage eSIMs for family and friends. Airalo, Alo, Nomad have very clean UIs and they make it easy to manage and retire old eSIMs. The problem with JetPac and Roamless is that I can’t purchase multiple eSIMs. I like BNE and their non-expiring data and good deals - but when I was in the US their exit node was in EU and it had higher latency than the rest - but it’s fine for kids that are just happy to have data :) Saily is good service, has a US exit node and I just moved my dad over to them from Airalo. For some reason he’d always lose signal on Airalo until he started actively using his phone, this doesn’t happen with Saily - but Saily has a really weird UI where they don’t let you delete or archive old eSIMs so I’ve got a bunch of eSIMs on my account that I don’t use. It does seem you can *reuse* them if the app notices they’ve been uninstalled, but I have one eSIMs that was removed that still shows as install so it’s kinda annoying. Another negative with Saily is that eSIMs will automatically be activated within 30 days of purchase. In the end, even a cheap GlobalYo eSIM will work - just at a higher latency and a cringy UI.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · USA eSIM?

    The US is in a unique position in the word where they have mobile operators that you can easily signup for and that are cheaper than most travel esims like Nomad. Tello is a real US mobile operator and as such it also comes with a phone number - like AT&T and T-Mobile do. Nomad, Airalo, Roamless are travel eSIM providers that just resell roaming data from other major providers. This means they have slower and lower quality of service. Latency from Verizon/TMobile/Tello will be around 15-30ms vs travel eSIM providers which will be in 60-500ms range - with most falling in the 150-350 range. So if the price isn't cheaper and you don't get voice calling, why bother?

    Rapport qualité-prixÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · italy mobimatter

    Your information is not correct, you can definitely install new eSIMs from Airalo, Alo and BNE. There is no need to keep old eSIMs on your phone. If you install an eSIM from “a local operator” your account will usually get closed after a period of time, the comeback offers are regardless of whether or not the eSIM is still installed.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best&Affordable Esim for Italy & Switzerland?

    Nothing is really unlimited. Most eSIMs don’t do calls and texts - Czech Republic plan from Airalo does if that’s something you really need. All Europeans I met used WhatsApp/iMessage which will work with any travel eSIM.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Anonyn, eSIMs, how can I get?

    Airalo, BNE, Roamless all have data that lasts a year or more. Roamless is pay per use so it’s good if you’re not using a lot of data. None require a real name to signup, but you’ll need a way to pay for them.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Looking for esim for 10 days travel to Dubai

    I don't know if Airalo is a good solution - but in general - just because the app isn't available in India doesn't mean you can't use Airalo on your trip. You should still be able to get an eSIM from their website.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Capo Verde Roamless

    Roamless is an option only because it doesn’t expire - but if you’re using more than 1GB a week then Roamless will be much more expensive than Airalo. Why is local SIM not possible?

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Dual Sim Setup For Samsung Phone

    As long as both SIMs are active they’ll both work - just ensure the Airalo is setup as “Primary SIM” so that you’re using Airalo data. As bpbp216 said, if the Canadian SIM is “inconsistent” then it’s likely the roaming partner your provider is using that is inconsistent.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Somehow deleted my phone number off of my phone?

    Please explain your actual issue. This problem has been reported by users who enter their Verizon number into the Airalo eSIM settings. If that’s what you did need to contact Verizon to get the issue resolved.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Question about SIM card for USA and Mexico trip

    It’s an app. JetPac and others have a Global plan that would include US & Mexico. Airalo and Alo (also both apps) have packages for US & Mexico with their North American plans. Best to check them all out and find the best price.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Tested Airalo, Nomad and Yoho during my Japan + Thailand trip,  honest speed results

    This isn't Airalo spam, it's Yoho spam. Aside from people spamming their referral codes, I have never seen any spambots pushing Airalo like we saw with Gigsky or some of the less popular providers. They're a billion dollar company and spend a lot on advertising - but in many tests they are also on top - so you get what you pay for. They definitely aren't the cheapest, but they are competitive with the other name brand providers.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · eSim for travel to Spain

    u/esims_bot Spain Airalo is good, some are cheaper but not better. I’d just buy 10-20GB and top up if you are running low.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • lakanaille 🇫🇷🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe?

    No I don't see that detail on esimdb. I try in the paste Airalo in Europe and internet was terminated in Singapore as I remember and latency was just horrible. Same for Simoptions with eSIM from Thailand used in USA and that was the same issue with latency. That is why for me low price is not for me a good deal, when I pay 900€ my fight ticket I'm not looking for 2 or 3€ more cheaper. Since long time I used the UPeSIM -> [https://www.upesim.com](https://www.upesim.com) and the internet is regional (Asia internet is terminated in Asia, EU terminated in EU, US terminated in EU)

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • Stormer2345 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    I was fine with the 10GB plan over our 11 day trip, although on a few days my dad was doing a lot of the navigating, so you might need a bit more if you’re going solo. Maybe go with the 15 days, 10GB plan (if you’re going for a similar amount of time), and just top up as and when you need. Alternatively the 20GB plan for 15 days does seem pretty decent too, and that is only £5 mote expensive.

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • AkihabaraWasteland 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/JapanTravelTips · Need Advice for Old Couple Going to Japan

    I am Japanese. Be aware that you will not be able to get by with English like you could in other countries, as even those working in hospitality often have either very poor or absolutely no English language skills whatsoever. As such, I advise you to make sure you have excellent internet and data access with translation apps. It is important that these apps can pronounce as well as display the kanji and not just the romaji or Latin letters. I strongly recommend AirAlo, and to buy it in your home country and install it even before you arrive. Also make sure you have Google maps install and I'd recommend downloading the offline maps for the areas you are travelling to. Everything else will be a breeze.

    ActivationJapon
  • DrKeepitreal 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Shon_t 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Airalo worked fine for me in Japan, but later I noticed unauthorized purchases from Africa on my account and it was a major pain trying to locate someone from customer service. Once I found them they told me they would reimburse me for the unused eSIMs, but refused to reimburse me for the “used” eSIMs due to “company policy”. I ended up having to cancel my credit card and file a fraud claim through them. Many people were having similar issues at the time, some still on vacation. Imagine being in Japan and having to cancel your credit card while you were there. Due to a negative customer service experience, I would not use them again.

    JaponRemboursement
  • fdeyso 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • mhcott 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · What’s the best eSIM provider for traveling in 2026?

    I've only used Airalo. Throughout Europe and Asia ( Doha), never had an issue yet. I know some say it's pricier but I don't find it that much at all. I'm not gonna fret on $5-10 savings myself when I know the product works

    AsieEuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • zazapatilla 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • nolanpierce2 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Ill_Moose5431 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Travel eSIMs: a practical breakdown (and a few opinions)

    imho esims are such a blessing for travel, i feel as if being connected instantly as you hop of the plane, is a great quality of life increase. Used one when i was traveling to germany with [airalo](https://airalo.com) it was a little slow, and know ive been using [strong esim](https://strongesim.com) seems better, highly recommend esims for shorter term travel.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · International e-sim for europe

    I would rather know how much data im getting instead of getting an "unlimited plan", i've used a "bottom of the barrel" one for traveling to europe, and it also came with a travel guide for the region i bought the esim for, its called Strongesim, tried airalo before but it felt like it lacked speed, imo.

  • enETL2 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · UK/EU cheaper than UK alone?

    1) airalo is over priced.. but if you really want to do it 2) Airalo resells for different providers. It just happens that the EU one is cheaper. The UK one is only on EE, so maybe it's a local sim with better priority? Dunno 3) why do you need unlimited? Most people should be fine with 1-2GB/day

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Never ever use HOLAFLY

    https://esim.holafly.com/refund-policy/ > Refund for Incompatible or Locked Device > If you purchased the eSIM and it turned out to be incompatible with your device, we will provide you with a full refund. a) if you bought via credit card,chargeback because they're not following their policy b) if you bought via debit card, you can still try a chargeback. but it's not as easy as credit card. Do you not have a credit card. c) why are you paying $40/sim? Unless you are getting 100GB. These providers (airalo, Holafly) have large advertising or influencer budgets, they are extremely overpriced and not worth it

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • CleanKidAlways 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Need an eSim for study abroad in Spain.

    As you are going to be in Spain for a year, you do not need Holafly, Airalo, etc as they are designed for travelers. What you need is a Spanish network SIM Card or eSIM. Contact your university / colleagues Student Union or Erasmus office, who should be able to recommend a network for you, including a possible student discount.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Don’t buy Saily esim for Switzerland

    eSIMs have become a bit of a “cult”, for want of a better word. I have a trip to Czechia later this month, have already downloaded an eSIM from a local network, Kaktus, a sub brand of T-Mobile Czech Republic, which will activate once I land in Prague, going on my previous experience. I always buy local SIM cards or eSIMs, much better value than Saily, Airalo etc and give you a local number too.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · UK eSim for Talk/Text

    You do not need a travel eSIM like Airalo etc You need a UK network physical SIM card or eSIM. Contact your school’s student union, who will be able to recommend a network and maybe even have discounts available. The MNO (Mobile Network Operators in the UK are : EE Three O2 Vodafone MVNO’s (Multi Network Virtual Operators) include : Tesco Mobile (Runs on O2) GiffGaff (O2) Smarty (Owned by Three) Slice Mobile (EE) VOXI (Owned by Vodafone) Make sure you pick the network that has coverage where you will live, school campus, etc. that’s why it’s a good idea to get advice and any discounts from your school’s student union, who will have various discounts available, for food, drink, retail, etc

    Europe
  • KoreanB_B_Q 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Kindly_Explanation55 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Catch-22 with eSIM activation?

    I have never run into this and have used multiple providers (including Airalo, Nomad, Always-mobile, etc.) Once the esim is installed, all it has to do is connect to an available network to operate. This does require purchasing the service before leaving. It is then ready to go. Once the plane lands, turn it on and wait for it to start. May be a little slow the first time because there is some handshaking going on and checking that it is valid. Note: if you are traveling from somewhere that is a covered location by the esim provider, be sure to turn the esim off as soon as installed so it doesn't activate too early.

    Activation
  • Apprehensive_Ant3436 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · which esim should i go with?

    Personally, I prefer Saily because they use a single eSIM vendor, whereas Airalo resells eSIMs from multiple providers. No service is immune from problems, but a setup where there are more parties involved / more complicated systems involved is, in my mind, more prone to problems and more difficult to resolve.

  • believeinbong 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

  • UIUC_grad_dude1 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/JapanTravelTips · eSIM vs portable wifi

    Ubigi / Airalo should be fine. I’ve used both and I’m ambivalent. Pocket WiFi is good for fast unlimited data (Japan Wireless), and it comes with a portable power bank as well. Downside is you have to pick it up, and remember to return it before going through airport security (you can’t leave airport security area once you pass to go through!!).

    r/eSIMs · Global eSim or region specific data only? USA, US Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, Dominican Republic, Chile, Brazil & Argentina

    I think global and regional eSIMs are more expensive than a single country, usually. Look at the costs and see which one may work for you based on your travel plans. Global or regional eSIMs also sometimes have issues when moving from one country to another. I’ve had to muck with a European Airalo eSIM when moving between countries. In that case it may have been better to buy a country specific eSIM. Do your research, shop reputable eSIM providers to find what works best.

    Europe
  • trek123 🇬🇧🌐

    53 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Why is Airalo expensive? Is it worth it?

    If you've watched any YouTube lately you'd know why Airalo was more expensive. They have to pay all that marketing somehow. They get away with it because they are well known and people go to them for easy. They don't offer anything better performance/quality wise than other suppliers. There are lots of good options for Europe, the best for you depends on the countries needed (Inc starting country), data usage, trip length...

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Do esims give me a local number?

    An eSIM is just a virtual version of a SIM card. There are a lot of travel eSIM companies that are data only. Like the heavily advertised Airalo or Saily. If you get a real local plan on an eSIM, eg in the UK for shorter term visitors you can get them on networks like Lebara, Giffgaff, Lyca or Spusu, you will get a normal phone number.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Turkey

    BNESIM is generally the recommendation for turkey because it is both very cheap and can use the largest network Turkcell. Many eSIMs around including Airalo's Turkey one can only use the smallest network Turk Telecom.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · A little confused about esim vs physical

    Airalo is the most well known, therefore most touristy, and therefore generally most overpriced provider. The most suitable option depends on your data usage requirement. For low use, a travel eSIM will offer best value, eg BNESIM, Mobimatter or Jetpack have good rates. For slightly higher use, a local eSIM from Lycamobile Ireland or Vodafone Ireland (both real local networks) will offer much better value, unlimited data in Ireland can be had around €15-20 and both those networks sell eSIMs immediately on their websites.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Why do people buy esims promoted by influencers?

    It's just their marketing tactics ultimately. The mainstream marketing generally works particularly in Western markets, most people will know Airalo, Saily and Holafly. At least Airalo and Saily provide a reasonable quality product, unlike Holafly. Yes, they are expensive Vs equally as functional completion, however they are competing/marketing to those who would otherwise just pay even more excessive roaming fees. Trip has deals but it's marketing tactics are borderline scam tier and it is ultimately just a marketplace itself with a lot of different products. Their product also has to be price competitive because no one will pay the pricing of the big names for an eSIM there. There are a lot of smaller sellers around online, or even big companies like Vodafone Travel or Orange which can be most competitive depending on use case.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · HolaFly passes £372M in cumulative revenue since pandemic

    They're just big, moved first and have big marketing budgets. I have nothing wrong with Airalo as they are clear and (generally) work, they're just overpriced in most countries. The same way as big carriers are in my/most countries vs MVNOs. Holafly is, in my opinion, worst of the big players because they advertise unlimited data whilst not really offering it, but it sells because people just think they need it. This is barely different to the US carriers who have done the same thing for years, they simply hide in fair use policies and get away with it due to weak regulations, relying on the vast majority of people who never needed unlimited data in the first place to bump up their reviews. In Europe, carriers cannot hide behind vague fair use policies as regulations don't allow them too. Several networks have got in trouble for it. Holafly isn't subject to that, for now, I'm sure it'll come.

    r/eSIMs · Catch-22 with eSIM activation?

    I think you are mixing up installation and the plan activation. Most travel eSIMs let you install and initially activate beforehand (which is the bit that requires internet) then only fully activate once they connect to the network. Airalo shouldn't have an issue with this nor should most of the major travel companies like Ubigi, Nomad, Sparks. A few eSIMs, usually the real local ones, will only install and activate once within their home country. Lycamobile is the most common one mentioned here because people often need up with them, but not the only one. If you are super concerned, put a small amount of credit onto a global eSIM like Roamless or eSIM.sm's global eSIM and that will at least get you started if your main eSIM doesn't work on landing for whatever reason.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Lookup for esim apn location?

    There is no resource for this. For a guaranteed local IP you have to go to a real local provider. For US there's many... (eg Tello, US Mobile, Visible, Lyca US...) Beyond that it ranges from: * they tell you: Escape eSIM tells you the underlying provider, Nesa Mobile tells you the IP breakout * they don't tell you but it's owned by a carrier so always them: GoMoWorld is Eir Ireland, Red Bull Mobile is A1 Austria, Orange Travel is Orange France * they don't tell you but it's well known: Sparks is well known to be Plus Poland, esim.sm's global plan is also Plus Poland as is DENT, Roamless is known to be a US local breakout * they don't tell you at all, you can try to ask but they might change it with no notice: most providers including Airalo, Holafly, Nomad

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Spain (& Portugal)

    Orange Spain eSIM through https://www.esimholidays.com/en, you'll be able to do it before travelling and you'll get 60GB data in Spain (13GB usable in Portugal) for €10 and it's a local service with number etc. Vodafone Spain is decent too but as far as I know you would have to sign up in a store. Airalo is very overpriced in most countries. They have to pay for all that marketing somehow.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM for Florida 2025

    Airalo is the most popular eSIM provider, but also therefore in most cases charges the most without doing anything meaningfully better than others. You haven't said your usage but Tello and US Mobile are actual local providers that visitors can easily get.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Airalo Breakout in Greenland

    A friend of mine went to Greenland and tried to use Airalo a few years ago - it just plain didn't work. Hopefully that's not the case but it's quite likely

    r/eSIMs · Portugal eSIM in Azores?

    The Azores is part of Portugal. The networks are the same and any Portugal eSIM will work there. Airalo is in general an overpriced eSIM seller due to heavy marketing and brand recognition. A cynical view would be that they sell a separate, more expensive Azores eSIM to capitalise on those who don't know any better. There are many far better value, equally as functional options for Portugal and the EU. EscapeSIM, Mobimatter Sparks, Vodafone Travel (or Vodafone Portugal itself), Lyca Portugal (if you make sure to turn off auto renew) are all well regarded, far better value options.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Esim recommendation for Turkey

    BNESIM is cheap, works well and has access to Turkcell which is the largest network in Turkey. Many more popular ones like Airalo only have Turk Telecom which is the smallest network.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · ESim in Maldives/elsewhere

    Because of the Maldives size and location, networks are very limited there. [Verizon's coverage map](https://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/overlays/international-travel-coverage-map.html) doesn't even show service there, which may well be why your data or calls didn't work, because Verizon doesn't have an agreement. An eSIM is another line provider by someone. There are very limited options in the Maldivies but Ooredoo (one of the local networks) sells an eSIM on their website and also via Airalo which would provide data and local calls/texts on that line. Many travel eSIMs are data only though, it depends what you get. Your home line remains totally separate and subject to whatever costs, roaming agreements etc. Sometimes you can use wifi calling to make this work without reliance on roaming. Whatsapp is an app and works over Wifi or data, whichever SIM, eSIM or wifi connection you happen to be using.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · London: EE via Airalo vs Lycamobile UK via Sim Local

    Going through SIMlocal costs more than direct. Lyca is cheap but there are some customer service problems. The actual data service and network quality is fine. Airalo is expensive because they are a heavily marketed, touristy option.

    r/eSIMs · Have you used the Pilatus Mobile eSIM in Switzerland?

    Pilatus is not a real company/network, it's just a brand name Airalo uses. You connect to one of the local operators in Switzerland using any travel eSIM. Airalo's service is usually fine but they are normally overpriced, particularly for Europe. They are priced because they are the most heavily marketed and well known company. There are equally as functional eSIMs for Europe/Switzerland like Mobimatter or Orange that are much better value.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Austria + Montenegro?

    Mobimatter Sparks Europe or [Vodafone Travel](https://travel.vodafone.com/europe-esim) eSIMs both include Montenegro Airalo is overpriced in most countries due to their heavy marketing.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Thailand, Bali, Egypt, Nepal, India, UK & Iceland

    Trying to get one eSIM for all those countries will cost more than separate, but there are a multitude of global options like Airalo, Mobimatter and DENT that would cover all of them. Personally I would be splitting it for lower cost and more data, and it would depend on which country you go to in which order as to the best options. But if you don't want to do that then the options above cover them.

    r/eSIMs · Airalo

    Airalo is very overpriced for Europe. There are reputable and reliable but much cheaper options like Mobimatter Sparks and others, what suits best depends on your usage.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Why do people buy esims promoted by influencers?

    Whilst the differences are large in orders of magnitude, in the context of the cost of an international trip they are very small. Many people simply don't care to research further in that context. In most cases, particularly for those from North America, even the most expensive eSIM providers also seem very reasonable compared to local mobile costs and in particular roaming costs so again many people don't think to research further. 44 CAD seems great Vs 10-15 CAD per day, and many people's 100+ CAD monthly phone bills. I totally agree I would never pay or suggest such prices but many people don't know better. There is also the factor that suppliers like Airalo and Saily have consistent, polished websites, vs that of Trip or smaller providers, even if equally as functional. Many people will go for that alone.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Turkey?

    What issues did they actually have in the reviews? Most happy customers don't leave reviews whereas people who make mistakes often blame the company for something not their fault. The common error in Turkey is you cannot activate eSIMs within the country on local connections. I know people have used BNESIM in Turkey very happily and I tend to recommend them because of both pricing and because their eSIM can use Turkcell, which is the best network. Most eSIMs like Airalo are stuck only on the worst network Turk Telecom.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Airalo as Hotspot for longer travels?

    Sure, but it'll be expensive (other suppliers are available...) and potentially inconvenient? Why not just put the eSIM on the phones you actually use? Remember that hotspot is very battery draining too.

    Hotspot
    r/eSIMs · Airalo IP routing location (in)accuracy?

    Yeah it sounds like an error to me. I guess it is just new information and if hasn't been refined properly yet. Not that I'd use Airalo anyway, too expensive. If local routing is *that* important there are almost other ways to find it. And as you say in some cases you actually don't want local routing!

    r/eSIMs · Holafly eSIM fiasco a New York, salvato da Airalo – esperienze?

    Wouldn't buy either - overpriced and not meaningfully any better than cheaper options. Holafly being the worst of them - fake unlimited data, often very long routing. For US I would pretty much always go straight to a proper local plan like Tello or US Mobile.

    Rapport qualité-prixÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Airalo doesn’t work in parts of Mexico

    Yep Airalo can only use Movistar in Mexico which has some significant gaps in coverage. For more rural locations a plan that can use Telcel is needed. They sell a travel eSIM direct otherwise there are other reputable suppliers out there who sell eSIMs with Telcel access, often cheaper than Airalo anyway.

    r/eSIMs · eSim for the UK from India

    Airalo is overpriced for the UK. Better to get a real local plan from a network like Lyca, Lebara or Giffgaff as you'll pay locals prices, not tourist prices. You'll have to activate in the UK and turn off auto renew, but there is plenty of free WiFi in the airport to install the eSIM as soon as you arrive.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for travelling around Southeast Asia?

    Your ask is very vauge so it is impossible to give more precise advice. If money is no object any reputable company like Roamless, esim.sm's Global eSIM or Airalo Discover should work fine, or one of the ones on Mobimatter. If you are having performance issues beyond that, particularly latency, then the only likely solution will be to get a proper local plan within the country.

    r/eSIMs · Going to Europe for 34 days. Was deciding between BNESIM, Holafly or Simly

    You can't base that aspects like "reputablility" "size of the company" or price of any provider, as even the big names like Airalo are known to have terrible routing and network access in major destinations like Mexico, even if they might be great in Canada. If routing is important, then one needs to chose a supplier who is transparent about its routing before purchase, or use results of *recent* 1st hand testing.

    r/travel · Best eSIM for Paris, Amsterdam and Prague?

    Be aware that almost any "unlimited" plan is not really unlimited, it will throttle and is usually overpriced for what it offers. Most people do not need unlimited data. If you really have high data needs Orange Travel is a good option. Otherwise Mobimatter sells a range of reasonably priced and reputable plans (including some Airalo ones) at better prices. Airalo works fine, but is overpriced particularly in Europe where there are many better value and equally as well performing options. They are a well known and well advertised provider who charges prices to match.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Is there a way to compare various providers prices?

    You would have to test that for Morocco specifically though. All Airalo state is if they have "IP routing" (ie a foreign IP) and in Morocco they do. We have no idea where their exit node is unless someone tests it. Airalo and Saily might give great service in Canada, which is great, but it doesn't mean they are going to deliver the best service everywhere in the world. My preferred providers all state routing information up front, or make it easy to predict.

    r/eSIMs · Family vacation to Europe. What eSIM to recommend?

    All travel eSIMs or roaming are as reliable as the local networks they use excepting any rare outages or similar, which can happen to any provider. You haven't said how much data you need which makes it difficult to recommend any option but Mobimatter Sparks, Orange Travel or Jetpac are all ok priced, well regarded options. Airalo is fine but they are priced to fund all the heavy marketing they do.

    r/eSIMs · Esim newbie questions:

    1: yes your phone displays eSIMs in a list after installing and you turn them on and off. But don't use Airalo for Europe it is overpriced and there are many multi country options. 2: this isn't to do with the eSIM but your home carrier's, policies and fees eg if you can use WiFi calling. Messaging apps like WhatsApp or facetime do not have fees because they use data 3: for most eSIMs you can install either before or while travelling. Occasionally you can only install within or activate within the country. You need internet to install an eSIM (eg WiFi).

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Europe including Monaco?

    The only places the French networks don't reach in Monaco are inside the train station and certain buildings where the Monaco network has repeaters inside, but the French ones don't. Free Wifi is very readily avaliable, even in the street in Monaco. It is not particularly critical to have phone coverage from that network specifically. If you absolutely want it, your best option is probably Orange Travel, which includes Monaco. https://travel.orange.com/en I also wouldn't go with Airalo anyway, they are overpriced for Europe. Plenty of better value, reputable options like Mobimatter Sparks, Jetpac and others, including Orange.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Best esim for travel to UK and Ireland?

    I was referring to your wording about "known" providers, I'd much sooner suggest Jetpac or Mobimatter Sparks over Airalo or Saily who overpriced, not meaningfully better (likely worse) but known. For the UK specifically though there is very little reason not to go for a proper local option like Lycamobile, VOXI, Vodafone, Three, iD or Giffgaff anyway (all of which also work in the Republic of Ireland). I'd be happy to do testing beyond that for the UK (and Europe more widely when I go) with travel eSIMs however just like in the US with options like Tello or US Mobile, I generally don't see the need for visitors to go for a "travel" provider.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Best esim for travel to UK and Ireland?

    RedTeaGo is pretty reputable but there's no point going for them due to uncompetitive pricing for the UK. I'm surprised by the phrasing of your comment given it suggests towards overpriced providers who advertise heavily like Airalo or Saily who aren't meaningfully better than more competitive options. It's better to say to go to a reputable options that are known to work...

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Local vs regional e-sim

    > edit: i am going to spain france and italy, it also seems like it would be cheaper to get a local esim for a few GB of data in each place than getting the eurolink plan for the whole trip It would be cheaper to get multiple due to Airalo's way of pricing. However you'd save more money going with a different eSIM provider, most of which would work across Europe on a single eSIM and work just as well, if not better. The best option is going to depend on your trip length and data usage but for example the Orange eSIM from [https://www.esimholidays.com/en](https://www.esimholidays.com/en) would give you 60GB in Spain + 13GB for your other countries for 10 euro.

    EuropePas cherRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · E-SIM for 4 days in the UK?

    I do wonder why you asked for advice when you already made up your mind. Airalo works but the reason "you see them online" is because they are the one who market the most. Oh well. Hope you had a good trip.

    r/eSIMs · E-SIM for 4 days in the UK?

    The roaming speeds aren't "limited" directly by them by because of how roaming works it won't be as fast as a native SIM/eSIM of the country. Your data has to route back to the home country. However products like Airalo, Nomad, Jetpac and all the other travel eSIMs do exactly the same thing too, so it's not going to be much different from those.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for 11 Day London/Scottish Highlands Trip

    Personally I'd just get Lycamobile UK, making sure you don't activate until you land and making sure you turn off auto renew so you don't keep getting charged (these are the two most common complaints people have). It's cheap, easy to get, works well using the EE network and gives a good amount of data for the price. Mozillion isn't really suitable for visitors as they bill by direct debit so you need a UK bank account. If you really dislike the look of the above options, some alternatives are Giffgaff, iD Mobile Pay as you go, Three Pay as you go or Vodafone Pay as you go. However none of these will give the value of Lyca SIMlocal and Airalo are basically priced for tourists who don't know better. They are fine but you overpay a lot for what you get.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · UK to Australia eSIM help!

    No need to put your number onto pay monthly and pay for something you're not using... Just put it onto a cheap prepaid plan, Giffgaff, O2, whatever and that'll receive SMS. There are cheaper options that Airalo but yes for arrival get an eSIM from a travel provider before moving quickly onto an operator permanently. You want to do that sooner rather than later because you'll likely want a local number sharpish.

    r/eSIMs · Does Dual eSIM support keeping US number?

    Would agree with this, plus it is very expensive for what you get. The whole point of eSIMs are they are easy to switch... Much cheaper and often better service by going by country or region, lots of European eSIMs available at a fraction of the price of Airalo, like Mobimatter Sparks.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · New York Trip

    Airalo works but it's also generally overpriced because they are the most heavily marketed/well known travel eSIM company. For the US it is very easy to get a real local eSIM from Tello or US Mobile. But if you don't need a lot of data there are sometimes cheaper options but you haven't stated any requirements at all. Three UK pay as you go also works free in the USA up to a data roaming limit.

    Rapport qualité-prixÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · New number US Airalo eSim

    No, your UK calls will not go through to the US Airalo service. You can sometimes use Wifi Calling to recieve calls while abroad without roaming charges (this can also work via a data network), however UK operators often do not allow this and it is very finicky as a feature. This would be the only way to avoid incoming roaming charges but it is unreliable and not a sure way. If you forward calls from your UK number to a US one (if your network even allows this) they will charge you international call charges for that. If you want to recieve calls in the US from people in the UK you could get a Three UK PAYG SIM that allows roaming for free in the US including recieving calls. The easiest thing to do given you have already spent money on Airalo is to get people to contact you on a service like Whatsapp that goes through the internet. People in the UK will not want to call you on a US number because it is usually very expensive.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Why are eSIM data plans for travelers typically more expensive?

    Most eSIMs out there, especially the popular ones like Airalo, are priced for convenience and/or to people who don't know much better. The cost is generally (but not always) going to be higher than local operators due to roaming rates charged by the local provider. However in some use cases and for short trips eSIM providers can be cheaper because they offer low allowances etc for a few $ whereas a local provider might have much higher minimums, charge for a SIM card, or similar.

    r/eSIMs · Should I get aíralo?

    Personally I would never get Airalo because they charge many times more than reputable, equally as functional but far cheaper options in the market. Airalo is the most known and heavily marketed provider and charge prices to match. But sure, their eSIMs work fine. You can always top up or buy another eSIM if they start to run out of data.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/travel · eSim for Europe

    Look in a relevant sub like /r/eSIMs Most are similar. Airalo gets mentioned a lot but they are the most marketed and well known provider charging 5-10x what you need to pay.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • flindsayblohan 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best eSIM calls & data

    I have used the Airalo app for eSIMs in Europe, Asia, Latin America and have had no issues. You can download and install the eSIM before you depart so it’s ready on arrival. 

    ActivationAsieEurope
  • IncomeEconomy5302 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Staff Traveler eSIM - Another eSIM I Stumbled On

    Think it important to compare apples with apples here. Some providers have different use cases than others, the casual traveler who travels once or twice a year is not the same as someone who spends most of their time on the road in different countries. The StaffTraveler eSIM seems to be geared mostly towards airline crew, although there are plenty of other use cases. In my use case (airline)I use quite a bit of data, but I also use it all year round and in some obscure places (so I need as many countries as possible). My data usage might also be a bit intermittent, with one month being more than others. So, what I need is a long validity with a lot of countries (thing like Dutch st Maarten, curaçao, Suriname, but also Uganda , Oman etc) at an affordable price. The one thing I don’t need are regional eSIMs, I just want one thing that works for everywhere and I don’t need to think what data will cost there. Most providers don’t have long validity (30 days max seems to be the norm, which is to short for me), don’t support enough countries or route everything through 1 point of presence (I’m talking to you Eskimo routing everything through Singapore!). If I compare it to the larger worldwide data plans from let’s say Airalo, then it’s cheaper (62 vs 69 USD for 20GB) and there are plenty of discount codes flying around (10% off is the most I’ve seen for StaffTraveler). I know the intro plan is actually free, the code is in the discount code section I seem to recall. In short , I like the StaffTraveler eSIM, it ticks the boxes of what I need as airline crew. But totally understand that it’s not the eSIM for all users, just as most eSIMs aren’t what I need.

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for Turkey + Saudi Arabia (10 days) then Japan (12 days)

    It all comes down to convenience and what countries you are going to. I always like global eSIM because it's switch-on and forget, so there are no worries about switching, etc., though it can be a little more expensive. The countries you are visiting are not very obscure, so most global eSIMs would do (depending on if you also prefer regional exit routing to improve speed)... My preference is the StaffTraveler eSIM, most countries, with a year validity. So if you decide to go somewhere else this year, it will also cover you. The price is cheaper than Airalo, even more so if you use the discount codes in the discount code section.

  • bpbp216 🇬🇧🌐🇮🇹

    176 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · MobiMatter is a scam

    How is it a scam if you had successfully used it for a while. Many travel esim companies have rewards programs that will expire if not used within a year. Airalo is such an example. If you do not know the terms and conditions of mobimatter, it doesn't make them a scam.

    r/eSIMs · Airalo esim for family members (that I don't travel with)

    Where do you see that there is a limit of 3 Esims for Airalo? You should be absolutely fine if you buy different Esims for your family. I do it very frequently and have no issues. The only thing for Esims is that Airalo lets you track usage, only you will see it in your app. However, they should be able to see an estimated usage on their phones.

    r/eSIMs · I just upraded to iphone 15 and finally have a dual eSIM capability, what global travel eSim should I actually load into.

    For my needs, I have Roamless and Firsty installed and I just use one of them for any short trip. However, for trips over 3 days, I usually get a prepaid plan from Airalo, Red Bull mobile or Saily. Keep in mind, for Airalo you have to install a new esim for each new data plan you purchase. The rest just have one esim and you just get a plan that you need. However, Roamless is pay as you go and you only pay for data used unless you purchase their fixed packages for 30 days

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Which option?!

    As stated earlier, there are lots of options for Europe. Airalo Czech Republic O2 Esim works in EU, UK and Ireland, jetpac has some nice deals now. However, most of the travel Esim providers will need you to prepay for the data, so double check how much data you will need. If only for maps and transport, I would probably go with Roamless as you only pay for what you use and do not need to prepay for something you might not even use. Safe travels!

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Is it better to just buy three local SIMs?

    Local SIM cards are always a good choice. Travel Esim gives you more convenience as you have data the moment you land in a foreign country and you do not need to spend time getting a local SIM card. For Thailand, you can get Dtac happy tourist Esim directly from Dtac or resellers like Airalo or Nomad, but a local one will be even cheaper. If you need data once you land, might consider Roamless until you get a local Esim. With Roamless you only pay for data used and no need to prepay for a certain time and data amount. That way you can still stay connected until you get a local n SIM card. Safe travels!

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · London/Dublin 8 days 3G data need it tomorrow!

    Airalo Czech Republic Esim with data, calls and text works both in UK and Ireland and it's only $22 USD for 10 GB. However, if you need only 3 GB of data, Roamless or Unisim might be a better fit for you as you only pay for data used and not going to pay for data that you might not use. Roamless is $2.45 per GB in each country and Unisim as cheap as $1.82 in per GB in each country.

    EuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · Hi. So basically I am planning a foreign trip (to SEA) but due to certain reasons I can't tell this to my parents. So if I use an eSIM, is there any way I could trick my parents into believing that I am still in my home country while receiving calls from them? All sorts of advice appreciated.

    You can certainly try. You will need to make sure your home SIM card provider supports Wi-Fi calling. If yes, you will be able to make and receive phone calls while on Wi-Fi. However, if your home provider also supports backup calling, you can use your phone and Airalo Esim to make and receive calls over Airalo data. Special set up is necessary for the backup calling to work.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Physical Esim card

    9esim has been highly recommended here. I'm not sure about this physical SIM card for China as I have been using travel esims for past several years. I used Airalo Asia esim, Firsty and Roamless in China without any issues, but these are esim providers only

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Traveling in a few days

    Airalo will work just fine. Their new plans are pretty competitive and some come with a phone number. For your cruise, you can take a look at red bull mobile and see if your ship is supported.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Airalo Esim in Japan. Not recommended

    It's much easier just to get another Esim if one fails, but it's a good idea to have a backup. I used Airalo in Japan without any issues. Usually, it's a user error, but not always.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · eSIM: data vs voice

    You can use any travel Esim providers for data, however not all providers and not all plans will have the ability to make or receive calls. With Roamless you can make outgoing calls only for a pretty reasonable price. Most Airalo Esim plans are data only, some will have a phone number that you can use to make and receive calls. Mobimatter is a reseller of travel Esims from various providers including Airalo.

    r/eSIMs · Airalo eSIM set up

    Check Airalo instructions and info for your specific Esim. Most you can buy and install anytime and it will activate only once you reach your destination and connect to a supported network.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for UAE please help

    Airalo has millions of users, some do post here their negative experiences. However, IMHO, the majority of those issues are user related and not due to Airalo.

    r/eSIMs · Best and cheap esim for 1 week in Egypt?

    Airalo is pretty expensive for Egypt. Roamless is pay as you go and only $3.95 per GB, Nomad is $31 for 10 GB. However, the beauty of Roamless that you only will pay for the data used and do not have to do the guessing work on how much data do you need for 10 days Safe travels

    r/eSIMs · Esim to Europe

    There are several options for you. You can get Airalo Czech Republic Esim, it comes with a Czech phone number and credit for calls. More likely you will be able to top up that credit via O2 Czech app. Another option is Roamless Esim, it doesn't come with a phone number, but you can use your balance to make outgoing calls only very cheap. Usually when I'm in Europe, I have no issues getting Uber using the Uber app and seldom need to make any calls, but sometimes it's crucial to be able to make one.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · EU esim that uses multiple preferred partner networks

    I'm not sure what you mean by preferred partnerd, but Roamless, Saily and Firsty IMHO experience will automatically switch to the best carrier if you have your phone set to automatic network selection. Airalo does the same, but I only used it in Asia

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · EU esim that uses multiple preferred partner networks

    Any major travel esim provider like Airalo, Roamless and many other have multiple supported carriers in majority of the countries. You can check their websites for the info on specific countries supported carriers. However, many will not post that info online and you will need to contact their customer service for that info. For example Saily and Firsty use multiple supported carriers, but do not publicly list them.

    r/eSIMs · What eSIM for Japan trip?

    Holafly isn't a scam. You just need to understand what you are purchasing. I personally used Airalo in Japan. I used their Japan esim and Asia esim, both worked just fine for my needs. If you only need data for Google maps, you do not need much data. You might consider looking into a pay as you go plan like Roamless Flex which is only $2.45 per GB and your funds never expire.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for China

    Most travel esim will bypass the firewall as data routed outside of China. I used Airalo Asia esim, Roamless and Firsty without any issues

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Planning a Southeast Asia trip.. need SIM/eSIM suggestions 👀

    I used Airalo regional in Vietnam and it worked just fine. I used Airalo in Malaysia and Thailand (not regional) and also worked fine, but Malaysia was 2 years ago. For the convenience, I would stick with one regional esim. However, Happy Tourist esim from DTS that can also be bought online or via Airalo is extremely cheap

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Best Esim for a trip to Denmark

    I'm not familiar with guac, but both Saily and Airalo are solid options for Denmark. Airalo also has Czech Republic O2 esim that works anywhere in the EU and UK which gives you $10 GB for $16 USD plus some minutes and texts. That has been my go to option for the EU and UK in the past 2 years.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSim for iPad

    BNEsim is highly recommend for Turkey, but make sure you install it prior to your arrival in Turkey. Any major esim providers will also do a trick like Airalo or Roamless pay as you go.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Trip.com vs Airalo

    I usually stick with what worked for me in the past. I used Airalo in China, Hong Kong, Japan and Vietnam without any issues. I had a regional one. What do you get for $10 with trip.com? Who is the esim provider?

    AsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Dominican Republic

    Yes, Dominican Republic is on the pricier side. Any main players will work just fine there. I think I used Airalo there almost 2 years ago. Worked fine, but it was about $7 per gb

    r/eSIMs · Jetpac eSIM.. any good?

    Unless you want the simplicity of just having one esim, I would go with 2 separate Esim. 1 for Thailand and 1 for Malaysia. DTAC Happy Tourist esim for Thailand is extremely cheap and for $9.90 USD you get 50 GB of data and 100 min for 10 days. You can get it directly from the DTAC website or resellers like Airalo or Nomad. In the Airalo app you have to search Thailand and scroll all the way down to see the DTAC option

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Rcs with USA sim card while traveling to Europe with esim

    4. Either is fine as long as your Google sim will not connect to a network there, which it shouldn't as you do not have an international plan 6. Choose Airalo is primary for data and activate automatic data switching 7. Yes, otherwise you will just get a regular text message when outside of the USA

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Data only eSIM vs. Data plus Local Number?

    You should be able to change in your settings on what esim is using data. Should be pretty simple. If you want to have an esim with a phone number, just get one once you land in the UK like Luca mobile. If you want a travel esim with a true local number, check out airalo UK esim. If you just want to be able to make calls and do not care about receiving calls, roamless has an option to make outgoing VoIP calls, but you will pay $2.45 per GB. However, with roamless you only pay for data used. So with your scenario, you can use T-Mobile for general low speed data and when you need high speed, just switch to roamless.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · List of eSIMs w/Phone Number

    I posted a list of Airalo Esims with a phone number. Do not have time to check if it's up to date, but for sure Thailand Esim no longer offers a phone number. https://www.reddit.com/r/Airalo/s/auRCPnKtqz List of Airalo ESIMs with a local phone number Please post Airalo Esims that come with a local number. So far, I found the following ones to have a local number: 1. Czech Republic 2. USA 3. Costa Rica List updated once users post: 4. Austria 5. Thailand (no longer, but available from Nomad) 6. UK 7. Bahamas 8. Israel

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Avoid Airelo Like The Plague

    Airalo? What's that? Or did you mean Airalo? You should of co5me to this thread for help once you experienced your problem. Majority of issues with travel Esim providers are actually user related. From what you had posted, more likely your APN wasn't set properly.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · vietnam esim needed

    Roamless is $6.45 per GB, but you only pay for the data used. Airalo is $4.50 for 1 GB or $21 for 10 GB Nomad is $6.00 for 1 GB or $16 (regular $19) for 10 GB Red Bull Mobile 2.00€ per GB

    r/eSIMs · Anyone use airalo and been stitched up?

    Airalo prices aren't much higher overall compared to other providers. Of course, some countries can be more expensive, but some are the same price or cheaper. I always compare pricing from the providers I use before making my purchase. I do use Airalo and used it recently all over the EU using O2 Czech Republic Esim and throughout the USA. Had no issues whatsoever. I also use Roamless, Nomad and Red Bull Mobile.

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Local vs regional e-sim

    If you want to stay with Airalo, look into the Czech Republic O2 Esim it works anywhere in the EU and UK. It also comes with a phone number

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Terrible Service – Stay Away!

    It's just a bookmark list. Honestly, I'm staying away from the most, but I like to have options. I haven't realized that I will have that many options 😂. So far I'm sticking with the ones that worked for me in the past Nomad, Airalo and Roamless. I also have a Red Bull Mobile as a back up. In addition, I'm following development with Firsty. Firsty had me excited when I first discovered it almost a year ago, but lately they have been mainly disappointing me.

    r/eSIMs · ESIM Argentina/1st timer

    Airalo Esim for Argentina is data only Esim and will not come with a phone number. If you need a phone number, look into Airalo discover+ Esim. It's a global Esim and does come with the USA phone number that can be used for calls and SMS

    r/eSIMs · Airlo question

    Airalo doesn't have a built VPN, but depending on the Esim you will purchase your data will be more likely routed through Singapore or Hong Kong and you shouldn't have no problem using Google or social media

    r/eSIMs · eSIM vs phone provider

    There are many options for Japan. You can always go with a local Esim or sim, but for most of them you will need to go to a local store. I used Airalo in Japan without issues. You can also check out ubigi, jetpac, Nomad and Roamless .

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Thailand, Bali, Egypt, Nepal, India, UK & Iceland

    Airalo Global Plan if you just want to have one Esim. If price is of concern, I would go with individual countries plans or maybe regional instead of the global. Many of your countries will have very cheap data plans.

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for regular worldwide travel (based in USA)

    Both options might work for you, however keep in mind that Airalo Esim isn't reusable. So if you change your phone, lose it or it breaks, you will not be able to transfer that Esim to your new phone. With Roamless and some other providers, you will be able to transfer the Esim to a different device.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Which eSIM for Mexico

    Either Nomad or Airalo should work fine. Keep in mind, many areas in Mexico like Holbox do not have great cellular coverage and speeds can be very slow even with a local SIM card.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM newbie

    You can get one. The 2 I would recommend are Airalo Czech Republic O2 Esim with a phone number (works in all your countries) and Roamless which is pay as you go.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Europe

    How much data do you need? For casual use and pay for what you use, I would recommend Roamless, BNE or Unisim. For large data amounts orange or Vodafone. Also there are many major Esim players that offer Europe for very cheap prices like Airalo, Nomad, jetpack and saily. Many of these companies have promotions and referral codes available. Check pinned posts in this subreddit.

    EuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · How to choose the best eSIM providers?

    I used to buy Esims at airports or when I would get into a city, but it always took some time from an hour to one time almost the whole day. I was introduced to my first travel Esim from Airalo, but it only had Esim for one of the countries as the other one was sold out. Further research on Reddit and other sites introduced me to Nomad. Both Airalo Esim and nomad Esim worked great for that trip. Lately, there are dozens of travel Esim providers, but not all very reliable or have good customer service. So search around here to see what works for you. For me, the convenience of the travel Esim and reliable service is a must (5g speeds aren't important for me, 4G or LTE if 6 fine for most of the people). Also, with most travel Esims you have to prepay for a certain amount of data that will expire at some time and I had noticed, that most of the time I would not even use 50% of what I paid for. That means I was overpaying. Lately, I discovered providers like BNE, Roamless and Unisim. You only pay for data used and your funds deposited never expire. I would just use the data as needed and even though the price per GB is frequently more expensive, I am actually saving money as only pay for what I need. Wow, I was just going to post a one sentence post 😂

    r/eSIMs · eSim recommendations needed!!

    I wouldn't go with a global Esim. Just get an EU Esim and another one for Canada. Airalo Europe or Czech Republic one will work all over Europe. However, there are multiple great providers in addition to Airalo like Jetpack, Roamless and BNE

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSims on Google Pixel 6 Pro in South Africa

    Why wouldn't it be possible? Pixel 6 is Esim compatible. As long as it's unlocked, you should be able to install an Esim from many travel Esim providers like Airalo, Firsty, Roamless, Nomad and Red Bull Mobile. Will you have 4G or 5G coverage, that I can't tell. But for me 4G speeds are more than enough to do what I need to do.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · What carriers does Saily use?

    If you need a specific provider, I would stick with travel esim providers that clearly list their roaming partners. Roamless, Airalo are 2 that I use that do disclose those

    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Orange?

    Airalo works well in EU and Europe as long as it's not an unlimited plan. For EU, Airalo Czech Republic O2 esim is great as it comes with a phone number and credits for calls and SMS

    EuropeIllimité
    r/eSIMs · esim for italy

    If you are looking for an e-visa options for Italy, you are in a wrong place. If you are looking for an esim for Italy, any travel esim like Airalo, Roamless, Ubigi, Firsty and many more do not require KYC

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · What eSIM do you recommend?

    That's a lot of data for a week. I would look into local esim options. If you want to stick with a travel esim many have 20 GB for about $30 US like Roamless, Firsty, Airalo and Saily. Roamless and Airalo also have 50 GB option for about $39 US

    r/eSIMs · Quale esim scegliere per Londra

    Airalo is just fine for London, but do not get unlimited plans. Many people are having issues with unlimited plans due to throttled data and fair use policies

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Leaving for Europe in a few days, need eSIM

    All of the mentioned providers by you will work just fine in Europemn and each of them post their pricing for you to compare. If you think Airalo Czech Republic O2 esim that works anywhere in the EU and comes with 10 GB of data and some minutes included for $16 is expensive, than go with any Chinese providers from trip.com, but you will get pretty high ping time

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · BEST eSIM SE Asia/Mainly Japan

    I just used 20 GB Airalo Japan esim in the past 2 weeks and had no issues whatsoever in metropolitan and rural areas. Japan has a very good wireless infrastructure. However, what's best for you, will depend on your needs and how much data you will need.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Nomad in europe

    Yes, most of the Europe plans are a bit cheaper with Nomad compared to Airalo. However, Airalo Czech Republic O2 esim that comes with 10 GB of data, credit for texts and calls and works in the EU and UK is only $16

    EuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · roaming or esim in europe?

    It's hard to make recommendations as you didn't specify how much data you might need. However, as stated already, go with your local provider if price is no issue. Otherwise, you have hundreds of options for a travel esim. Keep in mind, majority of the travel esims are data only. My favorite go to for Europe is the Czech Republic O2 esim for $16 you get 10 GB and some minutes for texts and calls. It works anywhere in the EU and UK ( keep in mind that it's listed all the way at the bottom in Airalo app when you choose Czech Republic. The top options will not work in the EU. Only the one that states data/calls/text)

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Has anyone tried JamboSim?

    Yes, looked pretty similar to Airalo offerings. However, for the majority of the countries I checked the price was cheaper. PS they do have an app

    r/eSIMs · Turkey Esim that doesn't throttle?

    Holafly unlimited plans will be throttled daily. Never heard of easysim.global. I used Airalo for high data usage needs. Used over 20 GB in one day in China and speeds were just fine. BNEsim is actually highly recommended here for Turkey as it's cheap and reliable as per users reporting.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Need an eSim for North America and Canada

    You can get Wim esim and it will work in Canada, USA and Mexico. It comes with a Mexican phone number and plenty of minutes to use. Otherwise, for only Canada and US, I'm not aware of anything unless you go with a global plan like Airalo global or you can get separate plans for Canada and US from Airalo, but each will come with a separate number. You can look into Roamless pay as you go option. It also let's you make calls via their app. If you want to make and receive calls, you can buy a Canadian number from them for a month.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Best Reliable Esim for Regional Europe

    No.. It's much further down. Keep in mind it's validity starts the moment you install it despite most of the Airalo esims validity starts only once it gets activated by connecting to a supported carrier at the destination https://preview.redd.it/wihygnmljp3h1.png?width=1440&format=png&auto=webp&s=11b53d352eb76d7154829953936a4694017a0c33

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Recent trip to Japan & China?

    Yes. No issues with Google apps and WhatsApp. I haven't tried hotspot as I had no need, but Airalo generally doesn't restrict that. Either Airalo or Nomad will do for your needs. Both very prominent travel esim companies. I used Nomad 2 years ago in Thailand, so no recent experiences.

    Hotspot
    r/eSIMs · European Multi-country eSIM

    As I mentioned many times lately in this subreddit, my go to for EU and UK is Airalo Czech Republic O2 esim. It comes with the phone number and some credit for calls and SMS. It can be topped up on Czech O2 website or app. It's only $16 for 10gb. Airalo just resels it. You will not be able to track your usage using Airalo app. You will need Czech Republic O2 website or app

    ActivationEuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM for US?

    Airalo has plans with us phone number. You can get it while I'm your country and you will be all set once you arrive in the USA. However, a local mvno like Tello or US mobile will be much cheaper for a prolonged stay. I would go with Airalo for the first week and once in the USA, get a local esim

    ActivationÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Best Esims for road tripping through Austria and Slovenia?

    You have plenty of options. If you do not need much data, Roamless pay as you go is a great option and it's only $2.45 per GB. My go to esim for Europe in the past 2 years has been Airalo Czech Republic O2 esim. It works anywhere in EU and comes with a Czech number with some minutes and SMS. It can also be easily upgraded or extended using Czech O2 website or app

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · I need an esim for travel

    I would also say that BNEsim is the cheapest and the best option for Turkey. Airalo is also fine as, but a bit pricier and uses Turk Telekom

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · 5G Support On Google Pixel phones

    Your phone is missing 2 major 5G bands used in the USA by T-Mobile and Verizon (carriers used by Airalo). Your phone doesn't have band N41 and N66

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · An US eSIM where I can actually pay from europe?

    Airalo or any travel esim providers should work if you do not need a USA phone number. Otherwise, Airalo has plans with a USA phone number. You can install your esim while at home and it will activate once you land i6n USA and connect to a supported network.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · PSA: Avoid Saily in Japan!!!

    Pixel phones might or might not work on 5G due to Google policies. However, you shouldn't have any issues using your pixel phones on LTE. I haven't used Saily in Japan, but Airalo Japan and regional esims worked fine on my pixel 7 Pro on LTE only.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · How does this work?

    You have many options. You can always buy a local esim, but for the convenience a travel esim might be a better option for you Take a look at Roamless. It's a pay as you go travel esim provider and Europe will cost you $2.45 per GB. With various promo codes and a referral code, you can get this price much lower. Airalo has many options for Europe, but my favorite one is a Czech Republic O2 esim. It includes data, calls and texts on EU and UK. $16 for 10 GB for 30 days I usually would just use Roamless for a short trip and Airalo Czech Republic O2 esim for any trips over 4 or 5 days

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Which eSim for my needs?

    Unless you are in a very rural area, a travel esim that uses any of the 3 major providers will work well for you. Roamless is pay per use and works on T-Mobile and AT&T, Airalo now works on T-Mobile and Verizon and has a plan that includes local minutes and SMS. Not sure about Saily as I never tried them yet as they only use Google or Apple ID login. Both use local IP. If you want to have very rural coverage, go with Airalo. If you only need data as needed, go with Roamless pay as you go.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · SA_Roamless, Lower Flex Credit Rates?

    The market is very competitive and new esim providers are popping up daily. You are free to choose any other provider. However, I'm sticking with what works for me and Roamless has been great for me as a travel backup esim or for short trips. And as my trips are generally very short, Roamless works fine and the ability to make calls is also a plus. For longer trips, I usually use Airalo, Nomad or red bull mobile.

    r/eSIMs · I need a number in the EU

    I'm not sure what you have been reading. Airalo Austria is pretty straightforward. Czech Republic O2 esim, you have to scroll all the way down in the Airalo app

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · What eSim will let me make phone calls MX to USA? (USA iPhone)

    Airalo has one with a Mexican phone number. Somoswim is Mexican mvno that can be activated in the USA and it works in the USA, Canada and Mexico. Roamless lets you make outgoing calls for pretty cheap to the USA, Wi-Fi calling using your phone number over WiFi or cellular data of another Esim, Google voice you can call US for free using data.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM recommendations for Serbia

    I used Airalo Europe esim in Serbia and it worked great. I had Roamless and Firsty as a backup, but only Roamless worked just fine when I tried 3

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSIM Holafly

    For Thailand, IMHO, DTAC Happy Tourist travel esim is the best option. It can be purchased directly from DTAC or resellers like Airalo and Nomad. Airalo sells it starting at $9.90 for 50 gb and 100 min for 10 days. There are also unlimited options, but Airalo is currently sold out.

    AsieIllimité
    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for UK?

    I used Czech Republic O2 esim (it's the last package now) for $16 USD for 10 GB for 30 days. It comes with a Czech number and credit for texts and SMS. Works in the EU and UK. If you decide to go this route, make sure you get a correct one as Airalo has other packages with the same name listed first. Others might recommend other options for you. Like Nomad, Lyca Mobile, Roamless. They all will work just fine in the UK

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · International e-sim for europe

    As many mentioned, no true high speed unlimited on travel esims. However, if 3 GB per day is sufficient, Airalo EU and UK plan might work for you. But do you truly need unlimited data? Check your current mobile usage. Personally, I use about 700 MB per day on average when traveling as I'm not doing anything that consumes lots of data. When I'm in my home country, I use at least double of that as I'm watching lots of videos

    EuropeIllimité
    r/eSIMs · Airalo as Hotspot for longer travels?

    To answer your question, yes it will work just fine. However, I'm not sure what you consider a longer travel, you might want to look into other options depending on your destination.

    r/eSIMs · eSim for Peru

    Airalo uses a local Peru provider and you can also get a phone number for calls and SMS with majority packages priced the same as their data only esim. You will need to upload your passport as it's a local esim as per Peru regulations

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Global permanent esim with Voice (aka not just data)

    Keep in mind with Airalo, if something happens to your phone or you get a new phone, you will not be able to transfer your esim nor your phone number to your new device. Also Airalo frequently changes their partners, once this happens you will no longer be able to top up or extend your current plan or number.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Brand new to the eSim game

    Stay away from unlimited plans, unless you clearly understand the limitations. You can get a Firsty First class subscription for €35 for 40 GB in 30 days and looks like it will work in all of your countries. You can also look into Airalo unlimited plans for each country, but that will be limited to 3 GB per day only. If you go with an Airalo unlimited plan, you can get a backup service like Roamless (pay as you go) and use it for high speed data once Airalo runs out during a specific day.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Esim for china and around asia?

    I just recently used Airalo in Southeast Asia mainly in China, Japan, Hong Kong, Vietnam. I bought a 100 GB package for $185 and topped up 2 times as I needed lots of data this time.

    AsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · eSim Confusion

    If you need to make and receive calls, Airalo has an esim for Costa Rica that includes a local Costa Rican phone number which comes with some voice and SMS.

    r/eSIMs · Has anyone tried the Trip.Com Asia 8 countries 4G/5G eSIM plan?

    Trip.com is a reseller. The rate is pretty cheap and more likely you will be just fine. As I stated many times in this subreddit, I just stick with the well known providers. I'm using Airalo right know in Asia and used it without issues in all mentioned countries, but South Korea as my travels didn't take me there this year

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · European eSIM Recommendations

    My go to choice for eu is Airalo Czech Republic O2 esim. It works anywhere in the European Union and the UK. It does come with a Czech phone number and you can easily top it up for calls or more data

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · best esim for EU and UK

    Take a look at Airalo Czech Republic O2 esim. It works in the European Union and the United Kingdom and comes with a Czech phone number. You can top it up in order to make calls, but it does come with some credits for calls

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · One fixed e-sim or a e-sim per plan?

    I have an esim from Roamless, Red Bull Mobile and Firsty that I use as a backup or a short trip as sometimes it's not worth it to buy a 1- 3 GB esim when you are in a country for a day or 2. Otherwise, for longer trips I just get what's the best for my needs. I mainly would use Airalo or Nomad. They aren't cheap, but they worked for me in the past 2 years and I like to stick with what works. Otherwise, if you want something cheaper, there are hundreds of esim providers and more are popping out almost daily

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Advice for first time usage

    I never used them so I can't comment. I stick with the companies that worked well for me in your past like Airalo, Nomad, Red Bull Mobile and Roamless

    r/eSIMs · Advice for first time usage

    You can look into Airalo 5GB for $23. But do you really need 5 GB? If you aren't going to be backing up your photos or videos, watching streaming videos and etc 5 GB is a lot of data for my 3 days. If you just need it for maps, navigation and just to stay connected you can go with a pay as you go provider like Roamless where you would get charged only for data used. Search around for current promos and referral bonuses. Roamless isn't going to be cheap at $7.45 per GB, but you will only get charged for what you use. You can always go with a pay as you go to stay connected upon your arrival and then get a local sim card

    r/eSIMs · Pause my esim?

    Yes, you can pause a travel esim plan, but not from Airalo. Firsty has that option and any pay as you go providers like Roamless.

    r/eSIMs · Need help, eSim for China

    Most of us here tried various esim providers and stick to what we think works for us. It's very individual and as you mentioned, there are lots of providers. I have over 120 esim providers bookmarked, but only use a few. For short duration or data as needed I use Roamless. For longer trips Airalo or Nomad have worked for me well especially in Europe and Asia. All 3 that I mentioned will have an IP address outside of China so you shouldn't have any issues for your needs. However, you can get a VPN service just in case.

    AsieEurope
    r/eSIMs · esim connected to wrong country

    It's always helpful when more info is provided like what esim did you purchase from airalo? Airalo has hundreds of different esim. Many will only activate once you are in the destination country and connected to a supported network and some will activate right away. If you bought Moshi esim, it will only activate once you are in Japan even though it could connect to a local network, it will not work until you are in Japan.

    ActivationJapon
    r/eSIMs · Best esim for spain?

    I used airalo Czech Republic O2 esim without any issues and was able to receive calls and SMS. You can top it up on the O2 website if you need more credit for calls and SMS. It comes with 10 GB data and some allowance for calls and SMS. The cost is $22 and it's valid for 30 days. Many local esim providers might be a better deal for you and you can get an esim right at the airport. However, if you are like myself, I want to have data the moment I land. Then, I would recommend a pay as you go provider like roamless or Bne esim and use it till you get your local esim. Both of these providers esims can be installed and activated in your home country, so you can even try them at that time Safe travels

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Nomad eSIM

    Absolutely. But why do you want to buy 2 packages at the same time? You could easily buy another package when data is getting low. Not sure about nomad, but with airalo you can just top it up with a new package using the same esim profile

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Airalo Install issue

    Your Airalo Esim will only activate once it's connected to a supported network at your destination. The iPhone error is there as it's trying to activate in your home country.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Dad is going to USA from Ireland and wants eSIM for call, text and data - any recommendations?

    I would go with a local provider like Tello, US mobile. Airalo also has a Change+ plan that includes minutes and SMS, but local Esim might be better for him. I used Airalo in the USA on several occasions and had no issues. Tello and US mobile are MVNOs. Tello uses T-Mobile network and US mobile can use any of the 3 major ones. Airalo uses T-Mobile and Verizon.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · UBIGI in the United States - New York

    I'm not sure about Ubigi, but more likely you will be fine for basic data needs. Tello is a local MVNO that uses the T-Mobile network and it has great coverage, speeds and pricing for someone who will just be in NYC. Airalo uses T-Mobile and Verizon network in the USA and it's a bit more expensive compared to Tello. I'm using Airalo change Esim right now locked to Verizon and have no issues. However, due to my phone limitations it's LTE only. In your case, I would consider Tello as you only going to be in NYC and T-Mobile coverage and speeds are great in NYC area.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Traveling to Thailand - which eSim will be good?

    That's the one I used last year. Once in Thailand and activate, you can even download the Dtac app or use it online to add funds or see usage. Looks like Airalo doesn't have that package as of today, but was there last week

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Frequent Traveler Seeking Best eSIM Option – Airalo, Holafly, Saily, or Others?

    How much data are you planning to use? For Asia, might look into regional plans from Nomad or Airalo. For India, I'm not sure. For EU, you have plenty of options but I like the Airalo Czech Republic O2 Esim that works in the EU, UK and Ireland. Look into different packages, but as a backup I would get Roamless or Esim.sm Esim where you can just pay for data as you use it and no need to estimate your data usage. Usually, it's much cheaper to get a local Esim. Having an Esim like Roamless will get you connected until you get your local Esim. Personally, I seldom get local SIM cards, as I just do not have time to deal with it

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Travel to Mexico

    Global Esim is very expensive if you add minutes. And as I stated earlier, Airalo Mexican Esim doesn't come with the ability to make calls.

    r/eSIMs · Best&Affordable Esim for Italy & Switzerland?

    I second Airalo Czech Republic O2 Esim if you need to make and receive calls using an EU phone number. For data only, you have lost of providers like Airalo, jetpac, Nomad, Saily, Roamless and many more. BTW, Roamless lets you make outgoing calls using it's app at pretty reasonable rates.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSIM vs phone provider

    Yes and no. Airalo is l data only Esim for Japan. You can't make regular calls or SMS with it as it doesn't have a phone number. However, as my phone is dual SIM I was able to use android backup calling to make calls and receive SMS using my home Esim over Internet data provided by Airalo

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Revoult esim in Taiwan?

    Taiwan tourist Esims are very reasonably priced. Take a look at DTAC happy tourist Esim. Many providers like Airalo and Nomad resell it or you can get it directly from Dtac. Safe travels

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · eSIM in Mexico

    Jetpac has a promo for $30 for 10 GB. Airalo is $42 and also works on telcel like Jetpac. However, Airalo North America plan is $46 and works on Telcel and Movistar

    r/eSIMs · Roamless/eSim - New Number?

    As much as I like Roamless, you better off with a local travel Esim like Dtac happy traveler. You can get it directly from Dtac or through resellers like Airalo and Nomad. It will come with a local phone number, sms and data

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Europe

    For Europe I usually recommend Airalo Czech Republic Esim with phone number (works in the EU also) or Vodafone travel Esims ( https://travel.vodafone.com/europe-esim?i_code=CS-F-34-CTA ) or Orange travel Esim ( https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/europe ). For casual use or pay as you go, Roamless is my go to.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Esim 2 Asian countries

    1. You can either buy 2 separate SIM cards one for each country or get a regional like Airalo Asialink 2. I used Airalo in Japan and Thailand and it worked well for me 3. Not for me if my time is valuable. If I will be in the country for more than a week I would still get a travel Esim so I have data once I arrive and then get a local SIM card the next day when I'm in the city.

    AsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · Esim recommendation for Brazil

    There are probably other providers available, but Airalo uses Claro and Nomad uses Vivo. I have been looking into Unisim for awhile, but haven't used them yet. Just communicated with their customer support which was very prompt and helpful. They do have an option for Tim Brazil: https://unisim.net/en

    r/eSIMs · Explain eSIMS

    There are lots of Esim providers for Dominican Republic like Airalo, Firsty, Roamless and many more. These aren't local Esim providers, but will work in DR. But this is a local provider: https://www.claro.com.do/personas/servicios/internet-de-las-cosas/personas-conectadas/esim/

    r/eSIMs · eSIM Thailand 6 months

    You can start with Dtac Thailand Happy tourist Esim and then for sure change it to the local plan. You might be able just buy it in the Dtac app, but more likely will need to go to a local store to do it as id verification is required. You can get Dtac travel Esim directly from Dtac or resellers like Airalo or Nomad.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · eSIM Thailand 6 months

    You can start with Dtac Thailand Happy tourist Esim and then for sure change it to the local plan. You might be able just buy it in the Dtac app, but more likely will need to go to a local store to do it as id verification is required. You can get Dtac travel Esim directly from Dtac or resellers like Airalo or Nomad.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Europe plan

    Airalo has a Europe package also, but I would look into its Czech Republic esim which also works in the EU and has credit for calls and SMS. However, any local EU SIM cards might be a better option.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Going to Germany for about 3 days what is the best and price affordable esim to get

    If you preload Google maps, you will not need much data at all. However, it's hard to estimate without knowing your usage and how much data each app is using. You can check your phone settings for the date used in the past month and make an estimate. When I travel, I usually do not do anything data heavy so up to 1 GB per day is usually sufficient for me. However, I always have backup esim like Roamless and Firsty just in case I ran out (which hasn't happened yet) You might consider going with Red Bull Mobile. They offer 5 gb for €5 for Germany and 100 MB for sign up. There are also referral codes, but you need to spend €10 for them to be worth it. Roamless also can be an option for you as you only will pay for the data used compared to others like Airalo where if you do not use the data purchased, it goes to waste. Roamless is $2.45 per GB but there are referral codes for $3 readily available, $1.25 sign up bonus and $5 promo codes. Safe travels and enjoy Berlin. Berlin is still on my list to visit.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · US eSIM that use Verizon

    Several recent reports state that Airalo Esim doesn't connect to the Verizon network. I haven't tried it myself

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · E-sim - 2024 Japan

    As long as you can install an Esim, you can use any provider. I used Airalo and was pleased with the service. A local Esim probably will be better as it will have a lower latency.

    r/eSIMs · Europe advice please help

    There are many options for Europe. Airalo has Czech Esim for $22 that will give you 10 GB of data in EU and GB and some credits for calls. Firsty can provide you free low speed data by watching ads or as cheap as cheap as €1.45 per day for 512 MB of high speed data and unlimited low speed data once your 512 MB reach or you can get 2gb per day plan for €2.50 per day (24 hours). Roamless is $2.45 per gb, but you only pay for what you use. If you need coverage at Sea, Red Bull Mobile is your choice if your ship is using Telenor Maritime. You can also look into local providers like orange or Vodafone travel Esims You can save some money or get free data by using referral codes. Safe travel

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Esim choice help

    Both Saily and Airalo are solid options for Europe. However, I would recommend to stay away from unlimited plans especially with Airalo. If you just traveling within EU, Airalo has a Czech Republic O2 esim that works anywhere in the EU and comes with 10 GB of data and credit for calls for $16.

    EuropeIllimité
  • Jesseeeka17 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • R1nc 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • Wrong-Pudding93 🇬🇧

    33 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Tested Airalo, Nomad and Yoho during my Japan + Thailand trip,  honest speed results

    Travel eSIMs mostly roam on the destination network. You get a SIM from one network provider and roam with that in the destination country (e.g. Japan). Let's say your travel eSIM is issued by a Singapore-based network and you roam with it in your destination country (e.g. Japan). Your traffic will go like this: **Your phone --> Japanese network --> Singapore --> website/server location** and then reverse that for the response back to your phone. This can 'rob' speed and latency. Also in this specific case, Airalo is 4G only in Japan. 50 Mbps is about average for 4G networks. (their 5G speeds there average around 150Mbps, data taken from newest OpenSignal report). The network speed itself is also influenced by how much bandwidth the networks can use/own (e.g. US networks usually own/receive more bandwidth than European/Japanese operators) With all that being said, all the mentioned speeds were far away from being slow or unusable (not really fast either, just regular). You can stream 4K video at around 25Mbps+.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Be careful with esims "unlimited" data offers

    Typical "unlimited" travel eSIM behavior. Most of the time not unlimited high speed and the providers often don't tell you that/bury it in their T&C. There is a higher chance of it being really unlimited if you get SIMs from companies that actually run their own networks (like Orange). Airalo at least tells you what you get per day: https://preview.redd.it/hb7t6kc2t2fg1.png?width=1031&format=png&auto=webp&s=fd7a9d06d0df9b6da6f4ca89a09768f68cd8a339 And they also give you a generous 1Mbps after which is better than the 256/512 Kbps you get with most others. Slow but enough for Maps, Emails, very light web browsing.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Never used eSim before. Planning on using Yesim in China. Can I activate it before I leave to I'm confident it works?

    Yes, with most travel esim providers like Yesim, Airalo, etc., you can install the esim before you leave to your destination - many providers actually recommend this. Note that there is a difference between "installing" and "activating". **Installing** (which you would do before you leave) refers to scanning the QR code/installing the eSIM itself. **Activating** refers to activation of the data plan purchased - most of the time activation happens automatically when first connecting in the destination country (in your case China). That is why iOS sometimes gives you an error when **INSTALLING** that the plan could not be **ACTIVATED** (because you are not in your destination yet). Be sure that you set the primary SIM for data to the eSIM and activate data roaming for the esim. Disable data roaming for your home (UK) SIM. General tip: Do not get "unlimited" eSIMs, they are not really unlimited. Get a fixed GB bundle instead. Also, Yesim is not really cheap in China. There are other options such as TSimTech on Mobimatter which is $13.99 USD for 20 GB/30 days. (https://mobimatter.com/esim-china). Users have reported that even ChatGPT works with TSimTech plans, so you are unlikely to face any blocked services/websites. (https://www.reddit.com/r/travelchina/comments/1lrn1x9/comment/n1dxsge/) Still, having a VPN handy for when you do encounter blocked services/websites is always good. Hope this helps :)

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Airalo 101: Why I chose Airalo and how to save $3 then 20% off

    SoftBank may be the best network in terms of speeds. But (similar to T-Mobile in the US) this can only be the case if the network ACTUALLY HAS COVERAGE WHERE YOU WANT TO GO. Both KDDI and especially NTT docomo offer better coverage for Japan. Why would I go with Airalo, where 20 GB of data for JP is $26? I can get 50 GB for $18/$22 at Always Mobile/Nesa that is on NTT docomo's 4G network with local JP IP address (IIJ plan). This post might have some good advice but it just sounds like an ad.

    JaponRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · What is best for Germany?

    Breeze is fine, it is backed by a major eSIM supplier. But it seems like it only supports connection to one network (o2). EscapeSIMs Germany plans are both cheaper and support connecting to 3 networks. Otherwise, the "default" options like Saily, Airalo, Nomad should all be fine.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Airalo or holafly?

    Both Airalo and Holafly have a high speed data cap (usually per day). Airalo tells you how many GB in their plan details and Holafly sometimes yes, sometimes no (I've seen mentions of 90GB per month, so about 3GB per day of high speed).

    r/eSIMs · Lebara enter Travel SIM market

    Oof. Especially when comparing Australia to other providers (10GB 30 days): - Nomad £8.78 - Airalo £11.90 - Saily £12.00 - Ubigi £13.50 - BetterRoaming £13.85 And Lebara (at 7 days more but 2GB less): £25, with the non-discount price being £33. Not competitive at all is what I would say.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM options for Erasmus student in Copenhagen (5 months) — keeping my Italian number?

    Can't you just use your Italian plan there with no additional cost? eSIM is just a form-factor. So if you are going to get a SIM card from a Danish network operator, they will have both SIM cards and eSIM available. I would not recommend using travel eSIM providers like Airalo, Maya, etc. for long term stays like this. As for networks: From what I read, TDC (nuuday), Telenor and Telia are all pretty similar. 3 seems to have a bit less coverage than the others but it's probably relatively similar for Copenhagen.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · What's the best esim for asia region?

    Airalo and Saily are both fine but imo overpriced.. almost $100 for 50GB... I'd personally go with the cheaper options and just use VPN if needed but I totally understand if that doesn't work for you. Btw, I just checked and Nomad also routes via Hong Kong. The Jetpac help person couldn't help me with that but I'm pretty sure it routes through Singapore (it should use APN "globaldata" and IMSI 26), so no restrictions.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM for Central, East and South coast Sri Lanka

    These are the 3 large providers in Sri Lanka (and their coverage) as I understand it: 1. Dialog Axiata (very good) 2. SLT Mobitel (good) 3. Hutch (okay) Here are some providers sorted from price low to high: There are **Airalo** and **Monty eSIM** which have good pricing but only support the Hutch network. So this is not optimal if you are looking for good coverage. Then there are **Ubigi**, **Kolet**, **eSIM.sm (with coupon esimdb10) which support both the Mobitel and Hutch networks. They are also just a little more expensive. **Manet, EscapeSIM, Roamify, MicroEsim, eSIM4Travel and MobiMatter Sparks only support the Mobitel network, **Roamless (fix)** only supports the Hutch network. = TLDR; I would get Ubigi, Kolet or eSIM.sm (with code esimdb10) since they all cost roughly the same and support the Hutch and Mobitel network.

    AsiePas cher
    r/eSIMs · From one traveler to another: Avoid Airalo.

    Can you please give some insight into your experience? Otherwise it lacks credibility. I personally think Airalo is overpriced a lot of the time and their support is so-so but the data itself has worked fine for me.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for remote Switzerland area?

    Airalo runs on Salt which is the worst of the 3 Swiss providers for coverage *(for the price they're charging I would expect better but thats just me)* Generally, Swisscom has the best coverage in Switzerland. Sadly, almost no esim providers run on their network (I only found "ETravelSIM" but I have never used them). The Sunrise network could also work okay but idk if they have coverage where you are (there are more providers that sell the network such as esim4travel, mobimatter, escapesim)

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · BEST eSIM SE Asia/Mainly Japan

    For Japan in my opinion: [https://www.reddit.com/r/eSIMs/comments/1uzvg9d/comment/oyah55h/](https://www.reddit.com/r/eSIMs/comments/1uzvg9d/comment/oyah55h/) But Airalo should also be fine. For other possible destinations just get a regional SEA eSIM when you need it

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for use in China that bypasses GFW by tunneling traffic outside of China

    All eSims you can buy on platforms such as Airalo, Nomad, trip.com will bypass the GFW. (Mostly via HK or Singapore) Only the eSIMs that are actually sold in China (by a Chinese carrier) will be affected by the GFW. Definitely purchase and install/setup the eSIM while outside of China. Your plan (e.g. 15 days) will activate when you connect to a Chinese network.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 14-day Peru trip? (Lima → Paracas → Cusco → Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu)

    There are 4 major networks in Peru: Bitel, Claro, Entel, Movistar Looking at the local networks that the providers you listed (and most others) support, it is mostly just one network. Airalo even just lists "Airalo" as network which is not helpful at all. I can only say from the looks of it and not from experience but Orange Travel seems best here. They support ALL networks in Peru (Bitel is 3G only, the others do have 4G available though). This gives you the best chance of having coverage and you can also switch networks manually if one isn't performing. Be sure to get the 20GB world plan if you do, much cheaper than the Peru-specific plan: [https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/world](https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/world) In general, I would skip providers claiming to offer unlimited data. You usually only get a few GB per day of high speed data and very slow (basically unusable) speed after.

    r/eSIMs · Airalo or Holafly for Norway & Sweden Trip?

    Unlimited is not unlimited high speed for both Holafly and Airalo. You will get a set amount of high speed data per day and slow speed after. At least Airalo tells you your daily high speed allowance and speed after (screenshot is from Europe Eurolink plan): https://preview.redd.it/gpeqtucubjdg1.png?width=1080&format=png&auto=webp&s=b1938aa84f46e4b84d5356cf99395cac4792214a 1Mbps is at least usable speed for basic web browsing, email, navigation, maybe Youtube at 360p but nothing else. With Holafly it's just a gamble.

    EuropeIllimité
    r/eSIMs · AT&T and Airalo in Europe

    Texting usually activates these kinds of passes. Airalo mostly is data-only, so texting is not included. Your ATT number was then probably used to text. To avoid this, you can also use internet based texting like WhatsApp or FB Messenger.

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Mexico? Airalo vs Ubigi vs Telcel (for tourist itinerary)

    Don't use Airalo. You definitely need access to the Telcel network for good coverage. Ubigi has that. More budget options would be Nesa (https://nesamobile.com/plans/mexico) orAlways Mobile (https://always-mobile.com/products/mx_zone). I am pretty sure that these two are selling the same product. Both support Telcel and Movistar networks (4G)

    r/eSIMs · What's the best esim for asia region?

    Yes that's definitely a very good option since AIS is a local carrier in Thailand: https://www.ais.th/en/consumers/package/international/tourist-plan true/dtac (also local carriers) have a similar very good deal: https://www.true.th/en/prepaid/sim/tourist The true/dtac plan can also be bought from Airalo (https://www.airalo.com/thailand-esim under data / calls / texts option) and Nomad (https://www.getnomad.app/en/thailand-eSIM) == As for using the AIS plan for other countries, I am not sure. It says under terms and conditions (e.g. here https://www.ais.th/esim-traveller/#/mealdetail?areaId=68) "for Thai user only". == TLDR; For usage in Thailand itself you can definitely go with AIS or true/dtac directly (or resold plans via Airalo/Nomad). For other countries, it seems like it's for Thai users only, so would not do that. Also, if you go with AIS/true/dtac, only install the esim when arriving in Thailand on Wifi to avoid issues.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · looking for a esim app (from australia to greece)

    Hello! I recommend getting a fixed GB amount instead of anything "unlimited". For European plans you have many options, including (price low to high): EscapeSIM (Aussie company), Jetpac, MobiMatter (Sparks plans), Nomad, RedteaGO, esim.sm, BNEsim, Saily, Airalo. However, I would advise you to only buy the esim as few days before you leave since many have activation deadlines (sometimes only 30 days).

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM for Central, East and South coast Sri Lanka

    Have never used them before but Textr eSIM seems to sell eSIMs that work on alm the big 3 networks in Sri Lanka: [https://esim.textrapp.com/plans/SriLanka](https://esim.textrapp.com/plans/SriLanka) https://preview.redd.it/i5bcu5mur32f1.png?width=1080&format=png&auto=webp&s=8d7793f331db9bf75e1d085021aae13ee831d210 Airalo also has good pricing there but that only supports the Hutch network which seems to have the "worst" coverage.

    AsiePas cher
    r/eSIMs · most reliable alternative to jetpac in Toronto

    Great to hear that Airalo works :) I usually don't recommend them because I personally think their pricing is relatively high. Hence why I recommended Breeze, also running on Rogers (13.50 USD for 10 GB when using the coupon code) Anyway, have a good time in Toronto

    r/eSIMs · Anyone use airalo and been stitched up?

    **Fully agree** with you that it is different based on the country and that there can be okay prices, especially in Asia. I'm also not saying that their product quality is bad. However, imo Airalo often is one of the more expensive providers. The only plan I think is a really really good deal (discounting resold plans like O2 CZ and DTAC Thai that are not exclusive to Airalo) is their "Oceanlink" Oceania regional esim. **Otherwise there is stuff like:** \- $24 for 10GB in Switzerland and then it only connects to the 'worst' network (Salt) which sometimes struggles in the mountains (and Switzerland is a mountainous country). I can get 10GB for under $10 elsewhere and have Salt+Sunrise network included. \- $26 for 10GB in USA? I can get that for under $10. \- $37 for 10GB in Europe ("Eurolink")? Can get that for around $10-15 \- $35 for 10GB in Canada? Can get that for $15-20 with US included. \- $20 for 10GB in Australia? Can get that for under $10. When a PAYG service like Roamless offers better rates than you (USA, Europe), you really have high prices, not even mentioning that Roamless has really great network quality. I also had an experience with Airalo where I tried to inform them that their listed networks in a country were incorrect and just got a bs excuse by their CS..

    EuropeRapport qualité-prixRemboursementÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Amsterdam + Brussels, Local vs Travel eSims

    Airalo is relatively expensive compared to others most of the time. "Unlimited" data 99% of the time is not really unlimited (unless you buy with a local carrier and even then not always), you either have a daily high speed data cap or an overall data cap (e.g. after 30GB of usage as part of the Usage policy) Keep in mind that travel esims mostly DO NOT provide a phone number or SMS capability, only data. Travel eSims are often used for convenience (as in not having to go to a store etc.) and since the price difference in Europe between local and travel SIM is not big, many opt for and recommend esims.

    r/eSIMs · Traveling to Australia - Airalo (yes! go!) vs Optus

    Airalo and most other esim providers are data-only and do not provide a phone number. Optus has great coverage but Telstra has even better coverage (for Telstra, get an esim from their own website or Boost Mobile to get the full coverage, others are limited)

    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM for Florida 2025

    Setting up Tello (while not substantially) requires a few extra steps compared to simply scanning a QR code like with Airalo and the others I mentioned. Also, Airalo is a really bad deal for the phone number (doesn't matter if you get data-only or with phone number). For $22.50, you get 5GB data/100min calling/50sms at Airalo. You get unlimited GB/text/calls for $25 at Tello (first 3 months are $15).

    ActivationRapport qualité-prix
  • ehhthing 🇬🇧🌐

    7 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Airalo Unlimited Japan eSIM Speed test results

    Looked into this, Webbing has apparently had a Japanese exit node since 2024: https://webbingsolutions.com/10-facts-about-webbing/ This matches with the historic data for the only IP range they have that geolocates to Japan (38.87.92.0/23). I don't think historically Airalo was using this range prior to relatively recently though. Also OP: The reason that Airalo is slower in this case is because it's LTE...

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for remote Switzerland area?

    Looks like AirAlo is on Salt only. There's https://www.esim4travel.com/switzerland-esim which is Salt + Sunrise. If that doesn't work there's a much more expensive option from Swisscom (https://www.swisscom.ch/en/residential/mobile-subscription/prepaid/tourists.html), which is the incumbent carrier in Switzerland.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Going to Europe for 34 days. Was deciding between BNESIM, Holafly or Simly

    I mean if you look at Airalo's offerings, all of their "higher quality" products are just their partnerships with local providers so those are local provider eSIMs, just sold through Airalo. Airalo's pricing is also just entirely uncompetitive with ... just buying an eSIM from Fizz or Public Mobile. Saily is a bit special I agree, they have definitely improved over time, but only really in North America. Their offerings in Asia and Europe are fairly uncompetitive compared to all of the no-name providers, especially on the price front. I wanted to address this part in more detail: > I’m not looking at “local providers”, I’m comparing travel eSIMs. I do not believe that across the entire globe, there is any single eSIM company that is on average better then buying the cheapest option. For certain markets, sure, but not across the entire globe. You might be right that Airalo has the best product for Canada right now unless you want to go directly through a local carrier, but you will also find that their product in Japan kinda sucks: it's a roaming product limited to LTE and insanely overpriced at that. I think it's far better to split the globe up into a few markets, and then make individual determinations for those markets. Europe? Go with whatever is cheapest, this market is possibly the best possible one for traveler. North America? Honestly there are 3 countries in North America just buy from a local provider in one of them, it's cheaper and better (as you've shown statistically this will be the case given how most of them route through Europe or god forbid Asia). East/SE Asia? This is a complex market: lots of local products, but coverage varies heavily between carriers. On average a product from 3HK will be fine though, and usually those are the cheapest options anyway. India? Good fucking luck. You might as well give up and route through Singapore (+100ms), the only realistic choice. This one is tricky because not all eSIM providers will tell you where their breakout is, and some eSIMs will route through Europe for god knows why. Middle East? Sacrifice 150ms routing through Europe or pay exorbitant costs for local eSIMs on arrival. Your choice! (Technically theoretically Singapore is a much better breakout point, but there don't seem to be many if any products that do this, I have no idea why). Australia, NZ? You either sacrifice ~150ms again routing through Singapore or you buy from a local provider, which is much less expensive then the Middle East at least :) What I've found is for most of the world, your choices are between a suboptimal product from a roaming eSIM provider or a nicer but harder to find local product from a local provider. Price wise, usually local providers are much cheaper for larger data plans wherein roaming eSIMs are cheaper for less data. There are _very few_ products you can buy on an eSIM store that are local products, and there isn't any single eSIM provider that has more of them on average compared to any other. So that only really leads to one type of superiority between different providers: their internet breakout points. Even your data shows that quality is highly correlated with where the internet breakout location is. If you must, favor providers that give this information to you on the product page! Most of them wont, but some will show up on esimdb, if you click "details". What is clear however, is that you can't rely on a single eSIM seller to be better then others. I think that even if there were a better carrier _on average_, telling people they should buy from them is probably not the most helpful advice. What people care about isn't whether "on average" a given provider is better or not, but rather whether the product they bought is a good product. Anyways thanks for attending my ted talk.

    JaponRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Verizon Pixel 8 pro going to Japan

    I've had issues with connecting to the Softbank network on a Pixel 7 using an eSIM from a different eSIM seller. I still don't know what the issue was but they refunded me after they contacted their provider and were apparently told that Pixel phones are just not compatible with their eSIM. I don't think you'll have issues because I believe AirAlo's eSIM is issued by a different provider, but there are still edge cases where specific phone models are not compatible with specific eSIM products.

  • teraflop 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · What is the Best eSIM to use? Seeing conflicting issues about some of the best like Ubigi and Airalo

    The vast majority of the reviews that I've seen for both Ubigi and Airalo have been positive. I have personally used Ubigi with no issues, and I have no reason to think that Airalo isn't just as good. All of these providers are basically just reselling access to the same set of physical mobile networks anyway, so the only real differences are pricing and customer service.

  • CivicBlues 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • DenisYurchak 🇬🇧

    10 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for South Africa

    I recently returned from a 1-month trip to South Africa. Went to Cape Town, Johannesburg + spent quite some time in the countryside. I was working remotely, wife and kid enjoyed their free time. Needed internet for Zoom calls and work. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable + in a lot of coffeshops you are limited to 30 mins of internet. Anyways, I decided to get an eSIM, and it turned out to be the best decision, because I could take calls and work from nice places that didn't have WiFi. I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo, Holafly&co cost. I didn't need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. 10 Gb cost me $24, which is a pretty fair deal. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot to make video calls wherever I went. Whenever I ran out of data, I just topped it up (happened only once tho). I also bought eSIMs for my wife and daughter, and activated them from the dashboard. Came in real handy cz they didn't need to move a finger, and I just used my credit card. Took a screenshot of their rates for you https://preview.redd.it/xhwj2wnp1whg1.png?width=2604&format=png&auto=webp&s=22d2dd926233a6c67281f326909f4a87a342327b

    r/eSIMs · Esim Card SPAIN

    I recently returned from a 1-month trip to Spain. Went to Madrid, Valencia, and Barcelona + spent quite some time in the countryside. I was working remotely, wife and kid enjoyed their free time. Needed internet for Zoom calls and work. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable + in a lot of coffeshops you are limited to 30 mins of internet. Anyways, I decided to get an eSIM, and it turned out to be the best decision, because I could take calls and work from nice places that didn't have WiFi. I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo, Holafly&co cost. I didn't need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. 10 Gb cost me under $9, which is a pretty fair deal. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot to make video calls wherever I went. Whenever I ran out of data, I just topped it up (happened only once tho). I also bought eSIMs for my wife and daughter, and activated them from the dashboard. Came in real handy cz they didn't need to move a finger, and I just used my credit card. Took a screenshot of their rates for you https://preview.redd.it/ummq0ky01whg1.png?width=2678&format=png&auto=webp&s=5bda3acebc152dc4c9a2adb074a2568219beea5d

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 3-4 months in Italy, primarily in smaller hilltop towns

    I recently returned from a 2-month trip to Italy. I was working remotely, wife and kid enjoyed their free time. Needed internet for Zoom calls and work. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable.  I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo costs. I didn't need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. 10 Gb cost me $9 at a time, which is a pretty fair deal. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot to make video calls wherever I went. I also bought eSIMs for my wife and daughter, and activated them from the dashboard. Came in real handy cz they didn't need to move a finger, and I just used my credit card. Made a screenshot of their rates for you https://preview.redd.it/kchs3q28xohg1.png?width=2650&format=png&auto=webp&s=682a64ffcb144e65d902143f06c3f155144df41c

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Best esim for spain?

    I extensively travel between Spain and the US. Need internet for Zoom calls and work. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable + I only spent a week per destination, so a local sim was not justifiable.  I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo and Nomad cost. I don’t need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot and have video calls everywhere I went. 10 Gb for Spain costs under 9 bucks, which is a very fair deal. https://preview.redd.it/5tkszlfwthhg1.png?width=2644&format=png&auto=webp&s=1707b975388fd40b5fcc56f3667896833b2cf740

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for both France and Spain?

    I extensively travel between France and Spain. Need internet mainly for Zoom calls. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable + I only spent a week per destination, so a local sim was not justifiable.  I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo and Nomad cost. I don’t need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot and have video calls everywhere I went. 10 Gb for Spain and France costs under 9 bucks, which is a very fair deal. https://preview.redd.it/4ij0wubughhg1.png?width=2706&format=png&auto=webp&s=74178fc84a93023f14e63b64056be2148af784ae

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · What’s the best eSim for Spain?

    I recently returned from a 1-month trip to Spain. Went to Madrid, Valencia, and Barcelona + spent quite some time in the countryside. I was working remotely, wife and kid enjoyed their free time. Needed internet for Zoom calls and work. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable + in a lot of coffeshops you are limited to 30 mins of internet. Anyways, I decided to get an eSIM, and it turned out to be the best decision, because I could take calls and work from nice places that didn't have WiFi. I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo, Holafly&co cost. I didn't need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. 10 Gb cost me under $9, which is a pretty fair deal. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot to make video calls wherever I went. Whenever I ran out of data, I just topped it up (happened only once tho). I also bought eSIMs for my wife and daughter, and activated them from the dashboard. Came in real handy cz they didn't need to move a finger, and I just used my credit card. Took a screenshot of their rates for you https://preview.redd.it/oxo7sczp0whg1.png?width=2630&format=png&auto=webp&s=3c6e746332b90fd1a1f51b1fcaedae7dc5b3398a

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSIM recommendations for Spain

    I travel extensively between Spain and the US. Need internet for Zoom calls and work. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable + I only spent a week per destination, so a local sim was not justifiable.  I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo and Nomad cost. I don’t need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot and have video calls everywhere I went. 10 Gb for Spain costs under 9 bucks, which is a very fair deal. You can also buy an esim for your wife and yourself, and activate them from one dashboard, comes in handy when traveling with fam.

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIMs in Spain (Madrid)??

    I recently returned from a 1-month trip to Spain. Went to Madrid, Valencia, and Barcelona + spent quite some time in the countryside. I was working remotely, wife and kid enjoyed their free time. Needed internet for Zoom calls and work. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable + in a lot of coffeshops you are limited to 30 mins of internet. Anyways, I decided to get an eSIM, and it turned out to be the best decision, because I could take calls and work from nice places that didn't have WiFi. I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo, Holafly&co cost. I didn't need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. 10 Gb cost me under $9, which is a pretty fair deal. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot to make video calls wherever I went. Whenever I ran out of data, I just topped it up (happened only once tho). I also bought eSIMs for my wife and daughter, and activated them from the dashboard. Came in real handy cz they didn't need to move a finger, and I just used my credit card. Took a screenshot of their rates for you

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Italy eSIM advice (URGENT)

    I recently returned from a 2-week trip to Italy. I was working remotely, wife and kid enjoyed their vacations. Needed internet for Zoom calls and work. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable + I don't want to get dependent on it.  I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo costs. I didn't need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. 10 Gb cost me under $9, which is a pretty fair deal. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot to make video calls wherever I went. I also bought eSIMs for my wife and daughter, and activated them from the dashboard. Came in real handy cz they didn't need to move a finger, and I just used my credit card. Made a screenshot of their rates for you https://preview.redd.it/yeq3vejawohg1.png?width=2650&format=png&auto=webp&s=7ec98d2511408d5b835ad29e16a9bbc6673665ef

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Best E-Sim Spain

    I recently returned from a 1-month trip to Spain. Went to Madrid, Valencia, and Barcelona + spent quite some time in the countryside. I was working remotely, wife and kid enjoyed their free time. Needed internet for Zoom calls and work. The internet in most cafes and Airbnb is rarely reliable + in a lot of coffeshops you are limited to 30 mins of internet. Anyways, I decided to get an eSIM, and it turned out to be the best decision, because I could take calls and work from nice places that didn't have WiFi. I was honestly quite appalled by how much Airalo, Holafly&co cost. I didn't need unlimited internet for crazy $, I know roughly how much I use and wanna pay for what I use only. Looked through a bunch of providers, ended up going with [eSIMPal](https://www.getesimpal.com/en-US). It was quite easy to set up, you install the eSIM ones and then can just buy new country packages whenever you need them. 10 Gb cost me under $9, which is a pretty fair deal. The quality was good, and I could use a personal hotspot to make video calls wherever I went. Whenever I ran out of data, I just topped it up (happened only once tho). I also bought eSIMs for my wife and daughter, and activated them from the dashboard. Came in real handy cz they didn't need to move a finger, and I just used my credit card. Took a screenshot of their rates for you

    Europe
  • pupitar12 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Back from Japan – Pocket WiFi vs SIM vs eSIM (What Actually Worked)

    Yep. I always check out competing eSIMS when buying a physical SIM card. I'm always surprised that the oft-recommended brand, Airalo, is much more expensive than even the middle-of-the-road physical SIM card from Amazon. Why would I buy a $42 20 GB data-only 30-day eSIM from them when I can purchase a unlimited data/call/text (w/ a local number) SIM card for only $25 off the marketplace?

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • davexc 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · 5ber eSIM

    Airalo allows the HK esim to be topped up so you don’t have to download load a new esim. Sign into the airalo app and click on my esims.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Questions for esim.me and alternatives

    It’s not a problem. With airalo You buy a service plan and the app or website will provide a QR code to scan to download the esim profile. You will then use the esim.me app the scan the QR code to download the esim profile to the esim.me card. The airalo app can be used to check data usage and top up if needed.

    Activation
  • cristp_12 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • kazeekm 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • cpgibson 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · roamless

    Different companies negotiate different rates and have different priorities, airalo were one of the originals so have higher margins. Roamless are good and networks are near enough identical for average user. Airalo are always the most expensive, but luckily you have lots of choice! RedteaGo is one of the cheapest in the market and still have decent 5G speeds in 140+ countries. If you're looking specifically only for Europe, I co-founded a network that gives you 1GB free data every month, it's not much, but it's free 😂 -> Yozax.com

  • kEverestTD 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Canadians anyone use virgin mobile travel pass over an esim?

    eSIMs are usually cheaper with more data, Airalo and Ubigi both work well in Japan. The Virgin travel pass is mostly about convenience, one less thing to set up. If you go the eSIM route, install it before you fly and switch it on when you land. Either way, download offline maps ahead of time. I used an app called Good Trip with offline phrasebooks and info for Japan, handy if your data runs thin.

    Japon
  • Mister_Chow_The_Dog 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Traveling to Tokyo next month. Last minute things to do before I depart?

    - Cash, let your credit card company know you're departing so they don't freeze your card. - a 30 day supply (no more) of your meds and double check it's all allowed no issue. - a easy carry bag. Most people use backpacks, but I have wider hips and my shoulders get sore so I altered an over the shoulder sling bag to attach to my belt—if you have issues eith backpacks and shoulder pain from them please DM me and I'll show you how I altered the bag and how it works. - An eSim (I used airlo with no issues). clean the house and deal with any short term perishables right before you leave. - Make sure to do the japan online declaration stuff. - Pack a portable charger (or pick up an Anker one over there for relatively cheap) and check the limits because some aren't allowed to be brought over there. - Pack a pillow if you use anything other than a rock—I stayed at the APAs and I had to buy a new pillow because the standard ones are so firm. -Quality runners (I wore Hokkas), and a thin rain jacket because the rain can be harsh and sudden—I wish I did a few weeks back when I was over there, so many flash floods and rainfall warnings - plan out day by day (or just have a list you pick and choose from) of locations, events, stores, and so on—especially since some things require prior booking - If you have an iPhone then repurchase Suica credits, it can be used like a credit card as well as a train card—if youre on android then just get a physical. - a large suitcase, bigger than you probably think. You will buy things. Too many things. You won't regret any of it lol. - if you have mp3 files or pirated content then back it up to a separate drive, delete anything off your phone, and leave the drive—same goes for uncensored visual porn. - Pack, and check to see if its allowed, any painkillers and anti nausea "emergency meds". Basic ibuprofen, naproxen if you menstruate or get muscle pain/cramps, dimenhydrinate for motion sickness, that kinda thing. I bought little 10 tab tubes and kept them in my bag. -Don't stress too much, most things can be purchased for cheap easily if you forget.

    Japon
  • OldKing7199 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • TastesLikeSeamen 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • hjicons 🇬🇧

    13 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Airalo Netherlands

    What type of phone? In android simply turn off US sim and turn on airalo. On iPhone follow [this](https://www.airalo.com/help/getting-started-with-airalo/E8DFWD88SHUX/how-do-i-install-an-airalo-esim-via-a-qr-code-on-my-ios-device%C2%A0/WNCIBSRV4C2Z)

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Why is Airalo expensive? Is it worth it?

    It probably depends on the location. In Europe it's absolutely not worth it. My experience (Spain, Portugal) Airalo speed was still 4G, price higher, data allowance and validity period lower than competitors. I used Sparks and had exactly a similar experience (purchase, ease of installation, speed, stability) as Airalo. Just to compare Spain's plan: Sparks 10gb , 60 days, 8.50€ ($9.60) Airalo: 10gb, 30 days, $18

    ActivationEuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Local vs regional e-sim

    In the EU most local plans (physical and eSim) include some percent of EU roaming as per EU directives. IMO it's still a better deal and speed than online ones like Airalo. In Spain 10€ buys 60gb local data and 6-11 GB EU roaming. And also has a phone number. Other countries may be more but still worth it.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Esim for a cruise

    This one is promoted as a cruise solution but it's not cheap. https://www.gigsky.com/ Check with Airalo if they provide service at sea but I doubt it. Look at cruise plan. When at sea the provider is Cellular at Sea https://cellularatsea.com/

    r/eSIMs · Cheap eSIMs you've tried (and worked) in Europe

    Used Sparks, no issues. Bought in € from their app. Used Airalo and IMO not worth it for price, not faster and not anything different compared to Sparks. Sparks is cheaper for the same data bucket and longer duration

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Sparks eSim

    I didn't. But probably 4G is limited by design. I have the same thing at home. My cheap prepaid plan is limited to 4G even though the setting is 5G preferred. But their more expensive plans are 5G. In any case Sparks does the job. I like 45 days duration vs Airalo 30+15 which is more than double for pretty much the same product

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · List of eSIMs w/Phone Number

    There is no catch, that is what Spanish prepaid plans currently cost. EU usage is 13, read T&C. But still decent. Others are just greedy especially Holafly and Airalo

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Has anyone used 2 eSIMS and toggled between them?

    P7 and up can use multiple eSim profiles. It's probably practical for traveling to multiple countries but in the same country I don't usually pay for multiple eSims. Read their FAQ, all products are different. In Spain Sparks is using roaming from Poland but has multiple provider agreements so can choose the best network manually. Airalo has a local provider but only one. And so on

    Europe
  • -Chemist- 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • _mnr 🇬🇧

    13 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Canadian Travel eSIM Testing

    Nomad Canada plan using Bell/Telus. Airalo global plan using Bell/Telus/Rogers, probably many more but just checked those 2 apps first.

    r/eSIMs · Airalo or saily for 5 days in manhattan?

    Fair -- my comment was related to purchasing the data only plan. I've tried both, airalo many more times though and in my experience it seems installation experience, network quality and reliability are mostly on par between the two

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Firsty in China?

    As others have said unlimited options are usually capped after a certain point. Airalo has an unlimited China offer, but speeds get throttled after 3GB of usage daily. If you're only using maps, and socials, and don't intend to do heavy streaming while not on wifi it'll probably be suitable

    AsieIllimité
    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM for Florida 2025

    What makes those less installation hassle? Airalo has US phone numbers too, if that's important for you. Not the cheapest though

    r/eSIMs · Saily vs Airalo

    I've used Airalo probably a dozen times, big fan. Haven't tried Saily yet I but see their ads all the time. I've never had issues w Airalo in the US, I think the biggest complaint I see is installation related, but I've got an iPhone, use the Direct / one click install method and had no problems, personally. The Settings in iPhone can take a bit to get used to and set up the first time, especially if you want to avoid roaming charges from your carrier. But +1 to Airalo, my guess tho is they both provide more or less similar offerings.

    ActivationÉtats-Unis
  • 737maxipad 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Intrepid-Strain4189 🇬🇧

    23 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · 2 eSIMs how?

    Yes, your Japan plan will keep running, but it simply won’t work in Korea. You will have to purchase, download and install another eSIM for Korea. Next time, if there is any chance you will be visiting multiple locations in a short time, you can use either a regional plan from Airalo, or a Saily eSIM. Saily make use of the same eSIM profile in all destinations. You just buy plans as needed. But, with all that said, once a

    ActivationAsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · Esims for usa vs phone carrier for a week?

    Unless you need a USA phone number, for calling taxis, hotels etc, you can easily get by with the likes of Saily, Ubigi, Airalo, Roamless etc etc. Or, for a few extra steps you can sign up for Tello, a local MVNO that comes with a local number and costs less than a travel eSIM. No real catch, other than remembering to cancel when you leave or it will auto renew. No, you don't need to be USA resident nor provide formal ID. It could also be useful before you get there for making calls to the USA via wifi calling.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Europe including Monaco?

    Monaco is so small you can continue using a French network, just tell your phone to do so. The little principality is about 2km x 1km. We walked across the entire country about 4 times, in one day. We also did something like that when we went to Gibraltar. We just stayed on a Spanish network which worked almost everywhere on The Rock. (no, not Dwayne Johnson) Gibraltar elected to withdraw from free EU roaming after Brexit. Same goes for The Vatican. While they apparently do have their own network you might as well just stay connected to Italy. Yes, you can probably fit several European countries on Vancouver Island ;-) But there are possibly better deals than Airalo. Look at Ubigi, Saily, Esimatic, Yesim, Maya Mobile, Roamless, and KeepGo.

    r/eSIMs · Local vs regional e-sim

    Saily and Ubigi both make use of a single eSIM profile for all destinations, just buy plans per country/region as required. Whereas Airalo will require you to download and install a separate eSIM per destination.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM for west Africa?

    First install Roamless and load about $10. This credit never expires and can be used in all their destinations, as a fall back. Next buy the appropriate plan and install an eSIM from Saily. Like Roamless, this same eSIM can be used in all destinations after buying a plan. Saily seem to have some of the best rates in Africa, so this would be my primary connection. You can also install a free esim from BetterRoaming, also as a fall back. Just turn it on in any of their destinations and you will then be sent a link to buy a plan in what they call a zero-rated operation. In other words, you don’t need an active plan to buy one. Ubigi is another option. Their app is also zero-rated, so like BetterRoaming, running out of data is a non-issue. I have all of the above installed. Same eSIM, all destinations. The same cannot be said for Airalo.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · 6 best eSIM services for travelers according to cnn

    Have a look at Saily or Ubigi, both use a single eSIM profile in all destinations. The Ubigi app is even zero rated when the eSIM is on and connected to a partner network. This means that even if you don’t have an active plan when you find yourself in a surprise location you can still use it to buy a plan. I have also used Airalo, Esimatic, KeepGo, RoamLess and BetterRoaming. With the exception of Airalo, all of the above also make use of a single eSIM.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best provider for Africa

    I’ve narrowed it down to Saily, Airalo, Ubigi, Esimatic, KeepGo and Roamless, depending on where I’m going. But, Africa is a very tough nut to crack. For example, if going to Namibia, the only option right now is a local sim from MTC. The other issue is registering local sims in many African countries, and while local prices are cheaper than travel eSIMs, if you’re only going for a few weeks, getting a travel eSIM might be more worth your while. Yes, you can get regional plans for large parts of Africa, but some countries are a lot more expensive than others which pushes the overal price up. So, you may be best served getting plans per country but with a provider that only uses one eSIM profile. Except for Airalo, all the others mentioned above make use of the same eSIM in all destinations. Unlimited? Forget it. Put that idea out of your head. There is no such thing.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Launching an ESIM company, what matters to you most?

    If you can offer the same price as local networks like Lyca in Spain and Italy, I'm all ears. And after activation in those countries, you can use them all over the EU with no extra roaming fees. Would you be able to offer eSIMs from those providers before getting to those countries? I was (sort of still am) thinking of becoming an eSIM reseller. It's not that hard to get started, and the capital outlay isn't huge, depending on exactly what type of eSIMs you want to sell, and for which markets: A full service MVNO: Millions. (Think Lycamobile) A full service MNO: Many more millions. (Think AT&T, Vodafone etc) Transatel white label API re-seller: €2500. And you still need your own platform to sell them on. Airalo white label API re-seller: Zero signup costs, for the Airalo program itself. Also need to set your own selling platform up. What I still can't come up with is a significant differentiator. What would I be doing that isn't already being done? Basically, unlimited re-installations; We should be able to swap the same eSIM between devices as many times as we like, just like a physical SIM. That is my single biggest gripe with any eSIM vendor. The other gripe is not being able to easily request a new eSIM if you lose your device with an eSIM already installed. I maintain numbers from 4 countries; South Africa, Spain, Belgium and USA. They all roam, to varying degrees, worldwide. South Africa: MTN. They do eSIM, but you have to go into one of their shops to get one. And if you need to swap it to another device, you have to go back to an MTN store, in South Africa. But I'm not there right now, so I'm still using a physical. I just must not lose it while out the country. You can get a new MTN SIM at any supermarket or department store, country wide. Spain: Lycamobile. They also do eSIM, and you can get one online, but you need to be in Spain to activate it. I already have an active physical Lyca SIM. But they still can't tell me how I can swap my number to an eSIM. Belgium: Base. You can swap the eSIM yourself online, if you still have the device, to receive an sms pin. If you delete the eSIM, or lose the device, you have to go to a Base shop to get another eSIM. USA: Tello. Probably one of the easier eSIM experiences. I got one while outside the USA, and I'm still outside the USA and I still have it, but the polices keep changing, and clear info is scarce. Basically, I care more about ease of use than price. And even then, if your price is 5-10 times more than local prices, I'll stand in line at an airport kiosk for those local prices: Airalo South Africa: $22 for 10GB. Direct from MTN: $8 for 20GB

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Best esims for the UAE?

    I’m talking about travel eSIMs like Saily, Airalo etc. They cannot be installed in the UAE, but they can be used in the UAE, on either e& or Du. But yes, if you want a plan directly from either local network with local number, that can only be done in the UAE.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Roamless just stopped working in Japan

    When something is zero-rated it means you don't need a plan. This is generally only possible when you run your own network. Ubigi(Transatel) and BetterRoaming(1Global) both run their own networks. They then cover the cost of data to connect to their own apps/websites. For re-sellers like Airalo or Saily it would be very difficult for them to zero-rate their apps.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · How do you usually handle mobile data when you travel?

    It depends on where you live and where you travel. In my case I live in Belgium, but I can use my home plan throughout the EU, Norway and the UK for no extra roaming. Same goes for any other local EU provider. But for Switzerland and any other non-EU country travel eSIMs come in handy. For that I've narrowed it down to a very short list. I'm tired of looking. My top 2 are now Saily and Ubigi. Both are already installed and make use of the same eSIM profile in all destinations, unlike Airalo and many others. Yes, some esims are very cheap, but that doesn't mean they'll work well, if at all. There is a thing called network priority, especially when roaming; In a nutshell, the more you pay, the faster your connection. Other fallbacks are Roamless with their non-expiring credit and BetterRoaming which lets you install an eSIM for free then sends you a link to buy a plan on their website in your destination without needing to look for another connection. It's what's called a zero-rated operation. The Ubigi app is also zero-rated. As long as you have the app and eSIM installed and are connected to a partner network you can buy a plan. So running out of data is a non-issue with Ubigi. When I visit South Africa, I make use of local sims/esims as I used to live there, so I know exactly how they work. Because yes, local is almost always cheaper than travel sim prices and in some countries by a lot.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · What’s the best choice

    In that case you will have to look for a local Kenyan provider that offers eSIM, which will also come with a local number, something that might be useful if staying for over a month. Start with Safaricom and Airtel. When it comes to travel eSIMs, my personal short list is, in no particular order: Saily, Ubigi, Airalo, Esimatic, RoamLess, KeepGo, BetterRoaming and Yesim. With the exception of Airalo, all of the above make use of the same eSIM profile in all destinations. RoamLess even has a VoIP service for making calls to any phone anywhere in the world, like Skype used to do. There is absolutely zero difference in performance between eSIM and regular SIM. It all comes down to the provider who issued the sim and/or the local network they operate on. An eSIM will not give you better coverage in the countryside over a regular SIM.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Help! I need to use my physical sim!

    Ok, I don’t know Android, but just like iPhone, you should be able to toggle the sim on. Even if the Airalo eSIM is also on, it simply won’t work outside the US, so don’t worry about using the data from that.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Anyone use airalo and been stitched up?

    I just wanted to clarify that I didn’t say reselling is a bad thing. I’m still trying to figure out if that is or not. Mind you, if you sell someone elses product and it breaks, you might take responsibility, but how quick can you fix it? I’ve used Airalo and had issues and don’t remember it taking too long. Drimsim; frighfully expensive, but very quick on the live chat. But they ALL have issues. Guess it comes down to how quick they get fixed. The customer service reps on the other end also need to get paid, so maybe don’t go too cheap on your next travel eSIM.

    r/eSIMs · Setting up an E-Sim

    Yes. Just install the Saily app, buy the required plan, follow the instructions to install the eSIM profile. Saily is one of my favourites, for pricing and user friendlyness, but there are about another 20k options out there, with tons more on the way. But I’ve stopped lookinng for new providers and just stick with what I know works well. Also Airalo, Ubigi, Roamless, Esimatic, KeepGo, BetterRoaming and Yesim, depending on who offers the best deal where I’m going.

    r/eSIMs · Esim Card SPAIN

    Saily, Ubigi and Airalo have reasonable plans for Spain, and while convenient, nothing beats local prices. I think Spain has some of the cheapest local prices in Europe.

    EuropePas cher
    r/eSIMs · 10 days in U.S., did i choose the best eSIM?

    I'm curious, why avoid MVNO's like Tello? I spend a lot of time in Europe and Africa where I avoid the actual networks. They seem to care less and less about the little people and in turn apepar to be concentrating more on business / wholesale. They've spent enough money setting up their networks, they want their money back, which isn't going to come from $5 subs. Basically, an MVNO doesn't have the humongous cost of securing spectrum licenses, then setting up and maintaining a radio network. This saving is then passed on to the user which often includes much better customer support. This also applies to Airalo, Ubigi, Saily etc. They are also MVNOs, but ones that don't offer voice. But when it comes to performance, I generally notice no difference between an MNO and an MVNO. One thing you can do is check to see what type of network an MVNO may operate; Tier-1, 2, 3 etc

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe?

    I've done my eSIM research, and the choices are seemingly endless. But, I have narrowed it down to 3: Ubigi, Airalo and Saily. With that said, it still depends on where you're going. For example, Saily is best in places like Africa and the Middle East, but Ubigi has some of the best rates for Europe. If you go the travel eSIM route, you will need to get a plan for each country, or a regional plan. With Saily and Ubigi you can re-use the same eSIM profile anywhere else they offer service in. Airalo requires you to download and install a separate eSIM profile for every country/region. But when it comes to local prices in Europe, nothing can beat them. So, if you can wait until you get to your first country, look for a local sim from Lycamobile. And, you can then keep using that sim in any other EU country for no extra charge. Just install the app and top up with credit card, PayPal, Google or Apple. The catch? You may not be able to use all the data, or they throttle you. I have Lycamobile from Spain; \~150Mbs in Spain, 5Mbps in the rest of the EU. But that's a non-issue, for me. I can still use the whole bundle.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best digital Esim I should use?

    Ubigi might be an option. Same eSIM profile for all destinations. Airalo requires a different one for every location. A word of caution; travel eSIMs can be very expensive in Africa, especially regional ones. It may be far cheaper to find a local SIM, or eSIM. If you happen to fly through South Africa first, a SIM or eSIM from MTN might work for you. MTN roams worldwide, with a ZA number. Incomming text is free, everywhere. However, for a first timer it might be a bit much to set up. Roamless could also be an option for low use. Pay as you go, credit doesn’t expire. Same balance and eSIM for all destinations. So yes, if you want quick convenience, a data only travel eSIM is your best bet. Just be prepared to pay for it.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe travel?

    What you might want to consider when travelling between multiple countries is having to download and install a separate eSIM profile for every destinations. This is what Airalo does. Yes, they have regional plans but these are far from cheap. So what you want to do is consider something like Saily, Ubigi, Esimatic, BetterRoaming, RoamLess or KeepGo. All of those require you to install only 1 eSIM which you then reuse in all destinations. You just buy plans per country. Some providers might be cheap in say Spain, yet one of the others is cheapest in Greece. I have all of those installed and just toggle between the eSIMs as required.

    Activation
  • Atreyu_Spero 🇬🇧

    26 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi unable to enter password on login screen

    As I remember correctly you need to have your plan activated before you can log in to their app. You need to buy the plan through their website and once activated (it won't start using data until you land in Japan) you can use the app to add more data as needed. Airalo is completely different, you can log in using an email and password. You can purchase eSIMs through their app without having an active plan. I thought Ubigi sucked for the same trouble you are having and it took a week for a support reply.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · My experience with eSIMs

    A local physical sim card is the way to go like you write about, if you're staying longer than 30 days. I used airalo in brazil and it worked good after I had a ton of problems in Bolivia.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Asia

    Did a similar trip with Airalo recently without issue. My girlfriend used Ubigi and their support was really slow to contact for account related issues.

    r/eSIMs · Airalo users: global vs regional?

    I had problems with the global airalo eSIM in peru. It did eventually reconnect but it was down for more than a day. Bolivia was a complete disaster as well.

    r/eSIMs · Going to Japan & Thailand for a month, any tips? Two Layovers too, from the UK.

    It's easy to use a lot of data in both places so don't go with a big eSIM provider that will give you less data at a high cost. If you want to save money go with Mobal in Japan and DTAC or TRUE in Thailand. Buy a physical sim and convert to eSIM to save the most money. The expense is low for a lot of 5G data doing this. If you don't want the trouble, spend the money on Ubigi or Airalo, even though their support both suck. They work without issue. Another cheaper option that is simple is using Agoda but the support would be worse and there's no data usage monitor except which is part of your phone OS with android devices, anyways.

    ActivationAsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · ESIM Argentina/1st timer

    It will work. I used airalo for about 1 month in argentina. Before this I had a physical claro sim. I just wouldn't rely on Airalo for more than this. if you are in any country for a month or more, get a physical sim.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Argentina

    Get a claro physical sim if you can, you can buy them at most phone stores cheap and setup over email by submitting a photo of your passport. Airalo was slow in AR but worked. I didn't have problems until Peru and Boliva with total connection failure when using Airalo. A side note, I saved a lot of money in BA with Cabify but needed the AR phone number to get the account setup.

    r/eSIMs · SE Asia

    For short trips you might get away with airalo but for anything longer than a couple weeks in each place, i'd want a local eSIM or physical SIM.

    r/eSIMs · Do I need to switch to eSIM on my phone? Does it have any benefits compared to traditional SIM?

    You don't need to but it depends how much time you have on your hands to go get a physical sim. I don't like to waste my time which is why I prefer an eSIM. If you use a reasonable amount of data each month, you can also get an eSIM that works in many countries globally with 20GB data and is valid for a year, typically much less than paying for a mobile phone plan in a first world country for a year. Airalo has global plans like this that can save you a lot of money if your data usage is low and you have a calling/text app like tello.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Vodafone UK - visiting USA.. how to avoid daily roaming charge

    I'm always looking for better options than the big, well know eSIM providers as I travel a lot. The big ones out there like Airalo, Holafly and Ubigi are decent but the problem I've had is reliability and when they go down the support is very slow to act but has always refunded me. I like to check eSIMdb then I'll often buy a local physical sim to save money and get the absolute best service and reliability.

    Remboursement
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM? Moving to Greece

    For Greece, you've got a few solid eSIM options depending on how long you're staying: Orange Holiday Europe could work well if you're staying longer-term - they offer pretty generous data allowances and good coverage throughout Greece. Airalo is probably the most popular - they have Greece-specific plans and broader Europe plans if you're planning to travel around. Pretty reliable and easy to set up through their app. Holafly is another good one that actually offers unlimited data plans for Greece, which sounds perfect for what you need. They tend to be a bit pricier but the unlimited aspect is nice. One heads up though - true "unlimited" calling/texting can be tricky with eSIMs. Many of the plans have generous but capped minutes, or unlimited data but limited voice. You might want to supplement with WhatsApp/Telegram for most of your communication since you'll have the data. If you're moving there get a local physical sim card, they're always a better price with more data before unlimited data gets throttled. If you don't have an eSIM tray just convert to eSIM from physical.

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Best e-SIM option for multiple country travel?

    Agoda and Klook sometimes have better deals than Airalo, Holafly or the other big eSIM providers. You can also use eSIMdb to find good deals based on country or region. Sometimes eSIMdb will have coupons for Airalo also.

    r/eSIMs · Does Dual eSIM support keeping US number?

    I had problems with airalo globals sims, after a few months it always worked good then I had connection problems and the speed was very very slow in some countries. For a short trip, yes you can use it but otherwise get a local sim and convert to esim if needed.

    r/eSIMs · Recommended eSim for 9 days in Yellowstone (US) & Banff (Canada)?

    Use esimdb to find the best deal or promo code for one of the larger eSIM providers. You can't really go wrong with such a short trip. I've only had airalo fuck up on me after I was using it long term. You can roam on verizon in Canada but if you don't have it as part of your plan the data will be expensive or you'll get limited amounts for free. Have an eSIM ready to go, airalo isn't bad but go with the best deal from airalo, mobimatter, saily etc. from esimdb's website. How do you like the Pixel 9 Pro XL? May be my next phone but it looks heavier that the 8 and 7 pro XL. Is it heavier?

    r/eSIMs · Global E-Sim with phone number

    Airalo is an option, I had issues with their global plans and reliability however. I now try to look at local eSIM options rather than global plans that always seem to run out of steam before they expire.

    r/eSIMs · Data usage for Japan

    I've researched this a lot after using airalo in Japan (without issue, I will add but their support is deplorable, so is Ubigi which also worked without issue but any support request took days to answer). The way to go is Mobal, they are a Japanese company that has a strong charitable promise that sells eSIMs and offers support in English. They leverage many networks in Japan for good coverage.

    Japon
  • Confident_Compote531 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • have_lumber 🇬🇧

    14 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · australia

    For that length of time, I would get a local provider eSIM when you are there. Assuming you have an unlocked iPhone. Maybe get a ESIM from Airalo for a short period until you can get the local worked out.

    r/eSIMs · ESim reco for HK and frequent traveler

    I have used Airalo a couple of times, early this year I bought the plan that covers HK, Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore. It covers other countries but used in those. Worked great.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Travel

    Check out eSIM provider Airalo, full description of how it works. I have used Airalo several times in different parts of the world. You can leave it on your phone and top it off if visiting the same region or just delete it. I have 2 expired ESIMs on my phone of course turned off. Since I plan to use again will top it off. But it’s easy to install a new one if your phone can’t handle multiple.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Southeast Asia e sim recs

    Check out Airalo, they may have a regional eSIM that covers all. I know I had one that covered Thailand and VN. May need a separate for other countries.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Need advice

    I’m US, and I use Airalo when in Europe, Middle East, Hong Kong, Singapore. Check their rates but maybe others with better rates for the US.

    AsieEuropeÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Airalo set up

    Yes, your primary for cellular, but you will turn it off when using your Airalo eSIM and select roaming for it. Usually you activate it on arrival.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Airalo process

    You put the Airalo eSIM on and turn on roaming for it. Turn completely off your home cell provider. You will have data to use for web, email, apps, IMessage, WhatsApp, FB messenger.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best esim for travelling to New York

    Airalo works great when I’m out of the US. But need an unlocked phone for the eSIM to work. The have US plans. Data plans are cheaper and you can use WhatsApp, Skype , etc to make calls.

    Pas cherÉtats-Unis
  • Fantastic-Cancel-483 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for UAE please help

    Immigration will give you a physical SIM upon arrival with a small amount of data for free. You can add to this if your phone supports physical SIM. You can also get an eSIM at du or Etisalat in the arrivals hall. If you are going to use an app based eSIM provider, make sure you install and activate before arrival. Airalo and MobiMatter are blocked in UAE, but the SIMs themselves work (or should). Safest bet is to get one upon arrival, though. Source: UAE Resident here and very frequent traveler.

    ActivationAsie
  • Lord_Atom 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Worst eSIM experience with airalo

    It's unfortunate you had a bad experience but Airalo isn't a scam as I've bought near a dozen of their esims by this point and had mostly good experiences. I've specifically bought the Airalo Europe 30 day esim twice and it's worked pretty good. Connection issues do pop up randomly but it's never for long and not often (maybe once every week or two) - it is frustrating when it happens but it's nice being able to waltz through most of Europe with a network connection.

    Europe
  • L0rdLogan 🇬🇧🌐

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Review of Airalo Japan

    Weird for one of the big companies not to tell you the APN settings to enter or to come preconfigured with the necessary settings

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Esim choice help

    You can pay in Australian dollars, rather than only US dollars. Which due to the conversion rate to your local currency makes it a lot cheaper in some markets, also airlo and Saily, seem to only focus on ridiculous priced unlimited plans which a lot of people don’t need When I was in Japan, I got 20 gigs of data and went for about 18 GB in two weeks, which was using Maps, TikTok, YouTube, WhatsApp et cetera

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Esim choice help

    https://preview.redd.it/h762j31bfqjh1.jpeg?width=1290&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=dfba087c9fd2f60b510fb51a7313db53241f2ae2 Let’s say, for example you’re going for a 14 day holiday to Canada, Aíralo costs $45

  • Dismal_North6638 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Aardvark1044 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Tratos 🇬🇧

    6 commentaires analysés

    r/JapanTravelTips · I need Esim advice. I was BADLY burnt by Ubigi.

    I’ve posted this before but: I was in Japan 15 DEC - 7 January and I purchased a month long unlimited Airalo ESIM for my IPhone. Within Japan I traveled to: Tokyo Kyoto Osaka Hiroshima Amanohasidate Sendai Nagano Sapporo It cost $74 and was through “SoftBank” . I had zero issues with data availability, reception, speed, social media, banking, navigation or VPN Apps or anything else I can think of. Feel free to ask any questions but I’d do it again!

    IllimitéJapon
    r/JapanTravelTips · What is the Best eSIM to use? Seeing conflicting issues about some of the best like Ubigi and Airalo

    Sure, so you should be able to download the Airalo App and through the app it will let you know if your phone is ESIM compatible. From there you search for the Japan Esims - and follow the step by step instructions provided. You can do all these steps before getting to Japan and have your ESIM once you land. After you land take your phone off airplane mode and the ESIM will activate (as it was previously installed) then that’s about it.

    ActivationJapon
    r/JapanTravelTips · First time in Japan, completely lost on which eSIM to pick?

    I’ve posted this before but: I was in Japan 15 DEC - 7 January and I purchased a month long unlimited Airalo ESIM for my IPhone. Within Japan I traveled to: Tokyo Kyoto Osaka Hiroshima Amanohasidate Sendai Nagano Sapporo It cost $74 and was through “SoftBank” . I had zero issues with data availability, reception, speed, social media, banking, navigation or VPN Apps or anything else I can think of. Feel free to ask any questions but I’d do it again!

    IllimitéJapon
  • Negative_Salt3455 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Montreal?

    Thanks for these suggestions both! I bought a cheap 7-day 5gb Airalo package to see me through my first week and will stop by dollarama on my arrival :)

    Pas cher
  • SubstanceEasy4576 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · UK/EU cheaper than UK alone?

    Roaming on 3 is likely to be cheaper to the provider than roaming on EE. If you want better latency, tourist eSIMs are available directly from UK networks. For example, EE UK tourist eSIM, unlimited data for 7 days costs £15. Unlike Airalo, this is actually unlimited, it won't cut off after using 3 GB during a day. https://ee.co.uk/mobile/travel-esim-uk If you want access to all networks (EE, O2, 3 UK, Vodafone) this is available on Orange Travel eSIMs. 5G is available on all four. https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/united-kingdom London has more mobile coverage issues than any other capital city in Europe, partly as a complication of it being very difficult to place mast sites in London. Highly complex planning and high site costs had led to a situation where the number of mast sites in London isn't sufficient to offer a consistently high quality service, and this applies to all networks. Indoor coverage gaps are widespread. For this reason, having access to multiple networks is preferable. If using Orange, I'd probably use network selection to connect to EE initially - since performance is more consistent. After that, I'd leave network selection on automatic so the phone can connect to an alternative if coverage on EE is lost.

    EuropeIllimité
    r/eSIMs · eSIM question - Airolo v Saily experiences?

    A lot depends how price-sensitive you are. Airalo is one of the most well-known providers, but also one of the more expensive. There are certainly cheaper options with smaller companies. I'd also suggest using an eSIM where the IP breakout isn't at the other side of the world. As an example, if you're travelling in Asia and you use an eSIM with IP breakout in France, the latency/ping will be long, causing the internet to feel like everything you do has a delay before it begins, especially browsing. This is a problem even if the download speeds are good. Global plans are the most frequently affected by this issue. Billion Connect eSIM have IP breakout in Hong Kong and do plans covering Australia, Vietnam and Japan on their Global-19 option. https://www.billionconnect.net/Global-esim-5572?sourceCode=esimdb There are options like 20 GB for 30 days for $14.99, plus day passes for heavier data users where you get 1 or 2 GB per day for 1-30 days, depending on what you select.

    r/eSIMs · Airalo Netherlands

    Hi, To ensure you're not charged by AT&T, you can turn off the AT&T SIM in your phone settings before you land. So long as you have a modern device which is compatible with eSIMs, you can use a travel eSIM so long as your phone isn't network locked to AT&T. If you've purchased a network locked phone on contract with AT&T, they can unlock it for you on request once it's paid for in full. Airalo is one of the most expensive providers of travel eSIMs. There are cheaper alternatives if price is a concern. If you only want a few days of data sufficient for messaging and maps, you can buy a small data pack. For example, eSIM Dog sell 500 MB of day for 7 days (Netherlands) for $0.81. https://esim.dog/nl Select 'Fixed GB', then 'Show more options' to see smaller as well as large data allowances. Select the data needed and the duration. I gave you the example of 500 MB (half a GB) for 7 days because chat apps and looking at maps don't use much data. You can buy more data if you need. 1 GB for 7 days on the Black plan costs $1.19. eSIM Dog label the provider by colour. For the Netherlands, the black plans access the Odido mobile network via a third party called Sparks travel (although you don't need to worry about this). The Netherlands has good quality mobile networks, Odido provide good speeds. eSIM Dog email you a link where you can download the eSIM. You can turn the eSIM on in your phone settings. You will need to have data roaming switched on for the eSIM to work. This is because the travel SIM isn't a native Dutch SIM. Yes, you can use iMessage. But no, you cannot use the SIM described above to send standard SMS messages or make traditional phone calls because the travel SIM doesn't provide a phone number, it's data only. If you use Internet-based messaging systems like iMessage, FaceTime, FB Messenger, WhatsApp etc, these will all work for text, pictures and calls, but standard phone calls not using an app won't work unless you turn your AT&T SIM back on and pay roaming fees. You can still call emergency services if needed though, the number is 112.

  • Antique_Excitement20 🇬🇧

    28 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · What eSIM for Japan trip?

    Holafly is not a scam. I do have criticism of them, but it’s not a scam. In Japan, the last time I tested holafly they worked as reseller of CM Link (China Mobile International). Your data traffic then runs via China and Singapore, which can feel a bit slow. Latency is somewhat poor. I don’t recommend them, but it’s not a scam. At most some aggressive marketing and not very transparent. If you say how long you’re going and how much data you need, you’ll probably get some good recommendations. For unlimited (if you really need that), Sim Local is good, they sell a plan from the local au. I often read people being enthusiastic about an unlimited KDDI plan, but I haven’t tested it myself. Up to about 25 GB, Airalo and Ubigi are good options.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Bali trip? Airalo vs local SIM?

    I spent a month on Bali last year, but I only saw Nusa Penida during a very short day trip. The reception there was slightly worse, but not non-existent. Airalo (and Jetpac, as they are resellers of the same Telna eSIM on Bali) had the best speeds. IP-Routing was via Singapore. A local Telkomsel eSIM (directly from Telkomsel) is slightly better, but it comes with annoying KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements and censorship. For example, Reddit doesn't work there due to local 'positive internet' legislation. Actually, you're already pretty well-off with Airalo. An eSIM I always quite like is the one from Three HK (available via MobiMatter). It does have a higher latency, but it’s very cheap and offers roaming via three different networks. This one also provided 5G most frequently. However, the traffic is routed through Hong Kong, so some apps (like ChatGPT and TikTok) are blocked without a VPN. If you want a genuine local eSIM without the hassle at the airport: On sites like Klook, there are companies that will deliver a Telkomsel SIM card to your hotel and do the KYC en IMEI registration afterwards. There are also sites that sell you a local eSIM where you handle the KYC and IMEI registration by uploading your passport, such as eSIM Bali Easy. Personally, I don't find that very privacy-friendly/bit risky. In would personally go for Three HK via MobiMatter if I read your requirements. The connect with 3 networks (all but Telkomsel).

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Orange?

    Here to disagree on what most people say on Orange. Orange Travel sells plans with lower network priority and on most plans only 4G. Data is routed over Poland or France depending on the plan you choose. Quality will depend on if you get a French or Polish Orange plan. But they don't say upfront. And the unlimited plans are capped at 10 mbps. Airalo often works with KPN (Dutch) in Europe. Who let you roam on 5G in Europe more often than Orange, and offer better speeds. Other routing partners of Airalo are Webbing, Plus and Telna. They all have European access points. just like Orange. I prefer Ubigi and GoMoWorld over Airalo in Europe, but Airalo is solid. People confuse Orange Travel and Vodafone Travel with the actual European Network Operators. But you do not get the same product. Quality is not the same.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Very disappointed with Airalo.

    Did you started a support chat? They normally reply relatively fast. Might put you through some hoops but they might be able to help you or send you a new eSIM.

    Remboursement
    r/eSIMs · Greece eSim

    Alpine is legit (just like Stellar, eSIM4travel etc). It’s a reseller. Downside compared to Ubigi, Airalo etc is no app, no usage tracking and no 24 hours live support. But if price is your priority just go for it.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Avoid Ubigi eSIM if you have a tight deadline (App glitched, zero support, no QR code)

    They had a major outage yesterday, but normally they have 24/7 live support. I've spoken to them that way more than once. You just have to get past an annoying chatbot first, but after that, they've always helped me within 2 minutes. My experience is usually pretty good. I think you bought the eSIM during the outage and they might have a backlog bacause of it. Seemed a pretty big issue yesterday. I'm sure they will eventually refund you if you ask them. I hope your Airalo eSIM is good, I think it works quite well in Japan!

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Germany / Netherlands Holafly eSIM

    I have experience with them in several European countries including the Netherlands (just not Germany). You likely be fine, you just overpaid for what you get. In terms of speed and latency they are not as good as other brands like airalo, Ubigi eyc. But in Europe very acceptable. I only had some serious speed (and upload) issues with them in the UK. Also, hotspot usage is not that good, often limited and in my experience it doesn't work at all 25% of the times. Unless you are using more then 3GB a day (every day) or wanted to use them for remote work you'll be just fine. What's always a good idea is to have a backup just in case. For example bcengi pay as you go. Also, if you ever need support remember that Emma (who you speak to) is AI and that the "specialist" (the actual human being) may take some hours to respond. In that cases it helps to have a backup.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · What eSIM for Japan trip?

    Airalo worked really well for me. They used a local Japanese ip. Just a bit expensive if you need a lot of data, but below 25 GB it's great.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Making Calls In Canada with Holafly

    Airalo has plans in Canada that include voice (and they are better in Canada than Holafly). With Holafly, you have to use your UK SIM card to make calls and trigger an expensive day pass. With Airalo +1 is not needed. With Holafly in combination with your home plan for voice +1 is required. However, using the country code never hurts, no reason to leave it out. Perhaps others here know more alternatives besides Airalo that include voice.

    r/eSIMs · Turkey and China

    Airalo is great, but remember to install the eSIM pre arrival because the Airalo site and app is blocked in Turkey (and I believe also in China). If you have it installed before departure you’ll be fine. MobiMatter is legit, they resell Airalo plans making them a reseller of a reseller in this case. In case of an issue (what is rare) it might take them more time to help but otherwise legit.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · What’s the best eSIM for the UK?

    It depends on the amount of data you need. But a local EE or Lyca plan (via Sim Local) offer good value for money (not Three, that’s capped in speed). Below 10 to 20 GB Ubigi or Airalo is also fine. But above 20 GB the local plans offer beter value

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Belgium

    Airalo has real Belgian plans with a phone number, but they require KYC. What you should get really depends on the length of your stay and how much data your going to use.

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Has anyone tried JamboSim?

    Yes, I did. I used them in two European countries and the quality was actually solid. It's a Dutch provider. They resell from several underlying partners, so I can't easily say what it's like everywhere. But in Portugal and Albania, they sold the exact same plans as Airalo for less (with KPN Netherlands as the underlying network). I used the local plans, not the regional. Personally, I'd say if you don't mind the lack of an app and 24/7 customer service, it's a great option. But I've only tried two of their local plans in Europe.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Yesim or airalo in usa

    I have pretty bad experience with Yesim. Especially in terms of latency and general product transparency. They even managed to get a warning because of fake reviews on Trustpilot. If any realtime usage (like voip) is a requirement I would never recommend Yesim. The fixed plans are better the the unlimited plans, but still. Only good thing is that support is really quick. Airalo, Jetpac, Ubigi, Bcengi all have local access points and solid speeds.

    r/eSIMs · can I buy/activate a Lycamobile prepaid eSIM from abroad?

    Airalo offers plans that include a +31 number. The only downside is that you cannot port those numbers, meaning you would have to change numbers, which might be too much of a hassle. It really is a travel product. I understand where you are coming from regarding Bunq, as I left them myself. You can set up a Revolut account pretty quickly as soon as you live in the Netherlands and it will work almost instantly, but having a traditional bank account alongside it is not a bad idea. Maybe Lyca is not such a bad choice after all. You can just buy it before departure and install it as soon as you arrive, since the Wi-Fi at Schiphol is decent and good enough for this purpose. However, they are quite a hassle administratively, and porting your number away from them later on can be a bit of a pain. You are out of luck in that only Lyca and Simyo offer eSIMs for prepaid. Other providers only offer them if you go with a data-only plan, otherwise you will need a physical SIM card. Prepaid just is not very common anymore. Because of the iDEAL requirement, Lyca is the only one left if eSIM is a requirement. By the way, you can buy a prepaid SIM card (physical) at almost any Dutch supermarket, so that could be your alternative. If you are worried about the installation, Airport Telecom at Schiphol sells Lyca plans, but their opening hours are very limited, so I would double-check those.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · esim Dubai

    The well-known brands (like Airalo) are indeed perfectly fine. But buy before arrival, since some providers comply with the ban on selling to people inside the UAE itself. For the UAE, I think you have 2 choices: * the best eSIM is from a local provider, but it comes with censorship, blocks on VoIP, etc. And they are expensive. DU hands out a 24 free plan on arrival. But upgrading is expensive. * Airalo, Voye, Saily are fine. But slightly higher latency because of routing via Western Europe. Avoid the budget options. They often route via East or Southeast Asia. Or the eSIMs via Poland, like GlobaleSIM, can also be poor in my experience (in Dubai at least).

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Recommended esims for Japan, Korea, and Vietnam?

    Working with different ones will likely give you the best value, also depends on how long you’re in the country. Japan: my favourite was Sim Local (the au plan). It’s a genuine Japanese data plan. Ubigi and Airalo are also (especially if you need less than 20GB). Holafly was actually pretty poor with routing via China Mobile. High latency and low speeds, first one to stop working in busy places. Korea: Ubigi has local servers in Korea and was the most stable when I tried. Airalo fine but routed via Singapore (although then also sell the local LG plan with kyc, didn’t test that one). Holafly same as Japan, sometimes even gave me a Shanghai ip address so some apps stopped working and slow from the start. No recent experience in Vietnam. If you want one provider for all three countries, Ubigi.

    ActivationAsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · Experiences with MobiMatter "3" (Three) eSIM for Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand?

    Yes, I’ve used it in Malaysia and Singapore. You have a higher latency than with Singapore routed plans (like Airalo, Jetpac and Ubigi). But the product is totally fine for what you pay and the latency isn’t that bad that it affects normal usage (only things like gaming). It used to be my go to plan for Indonesia. I just never used in Thailand because I always felt the local eSIM makes more sense.

    r/eSIMs · Turkey disconnecting unregistered phones, including dual-SIM devices, from May 1 under strict IMEI rules

    No issues using eSIMs in Istanbul. Tested several and they all work as expected. The law that came into effect on May 1st is about how long you're allowed to use a device in Turkey without paying tax on it, which is a maximum of 120 days. So unless you're here for more than 4 months per calendar year, it's not a problem. I'm also not sure whether Turkish providers register your IMEI the moment you start roaming on a foreign eSIM. It is definitely an issue if you use a local SIM card for more than 120 days in Turkey and didn't buy your phone here. I can also access most provider websites and apps just fine. At first I thought I could access all of them, because a lot of hotels etc. have their DNS routing set up through Google, which apparently lets them bypass local censorship (even without a VPN). When I'm on a pure Turkish connection, Airalo, Holafly etc. are indeed blocked, but a lot of others aren't. But I can confirm Airalo works if you have it installed before you you travel. So I would say, buy and install in advance just to be sure. Perhaps get a backup pay as you go (Bcengi was faster then Roamless on a sidenote).

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Heading to the Nordics (DK, FI, IS, NO) in 1 month. Need eSIM advice for first timer 🌍

    I've tested several eSIMs in Norway and Finland (haven't been to Iceland or Denmark recently). Most of the better eSIM brands are all solid: Nomad, Jetpac, Ubigi, GoMoWorld, Voye Global, Maya. Your safe by to just pick the cheapest one from these. They often route through the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Ireland or the UK. Speeds were all between 200 and 1000 Mbps. If you're leaning more towards the budget category: Sparks (via Mobimatter), eSIM4Travel and Pingwe are also good. Slightly slower, but still comfortably above 100 Mbps. These providers usually route through Poland or Austria. One thing to watch out for: be careful with some of the budget providers from Asia. They'll work fine technically, but in Scandinavia you really don't want an IP address coming out of Singapore or Hong Kong. Holafly was a bit of a letdown price-wise, and after 13 GB the "unlimited" data stopped. Still fine for 90% of travelers though, although speeds seemed capped at just above 100 Mbps from the start. Airalo used the same probider as Spark and eSIM4Travel for the Europe plan, it works fine but you can get it cheaper elsewhere. Northern European countries tend to be quite expensive when it comes to local prepaid SIMs (haven't verified this in Iceland). So personally would skip that option. I would personally probably pick GoMoWorld Europe plan for this trip.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Airalo or holafly?

    Airalo is fine, but I wouldn’t use them for unlimited data. I tested Airalo a few month back and they have a local ip. But there are better deals with more generous fair use policy. I would not use Holafly. It uses a roaming profile from China Mobile and speeds are capped from the start, latency is poor. They have a hidden fup in the faq (90 gb per month, so 3 per day) If you have to choose between those two: Airalo. But I really liked the Unlimited AU plan (from Sim Local), they give you at least 10 GB per day and it’s truly local. Also saw some good things about KDDI plans via klook lately, but didn’t test those.

    IllimitéRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Quick Review Morocco

    https://preview.redd.it/uhemn8f341og1.png?width=1674&format=png&auto=webp&s=28c653d519d52d019ced15d888e68a5415677fa5 Left is Ubigi (via Maroc), right is Airalo. Same location near Marrakech couple of weeks ago. Airalo does offer 5G in Morocco (see right corner). However, the 5G rollout in Morocco has only just begun, and the Airalo website and api are often outdated on 5G/LTE (similar to their info for the Netherlands, Belgium, etc.). That said, Ubigi performed better. Maroc Telecom has much better coverage than Orange.

    r/eSIMs · Airalo or Holafly for Norway & Sweden Trip?

    I tested both in Norway. Airalo was 300 mbps down, Holafly 75 mbps down. Latency was slightly better with Airalo. Holafly has a 90 GB per month (3 per day) cap, and 256 kbps after, Airalo 3 GB a day and 1 mbps after. Holafly seriously caps hotspot to just 500 mb, so you can’t really share data. If you need a lot of data, I would pick a fixed plan. Nomad and GoMoWorld performed very well and will be cheaper. Nomad has cheap European 50. GB plans for Europe.

    EuropeIllimité
    r/eSIMs · Recommendations for best E-Sim for Europe travel from India.

    You can still use Airalo if you purchase after you leave India. But Bouygues would be a good option, including French telephone number (valid in Finland and Austria). Or GoMoWorld if you only need data. Most providers in perform pretty good in Europe.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Revolut e-sim activation

    What the providers I mentioned do is resell the same local DTAC Happy Tourist plan (the same one you can buy at the airport on arrival), so in terms of the eSIM itself it doesn’t really matter which one you choose. Because Airalo requires a KYC check, I would probably go for eSIMX. eSIMX does have a low Trustpilot score, but it is the cheapest and it is the same eSIM. Just make sure to pick the VOICE, DATA, SMS tab and select the 15- or 30-day unlimited plan (it starts when you install it, even if you are abroad). Do not choose data-only plans, those are roaming plans like Revolut. Airalo (aside from the KYC) will give you a better user experience. Make sure to Google a 15% discount code and don’t select the Maew plans, only DTAC. Maybe some other people here will know other places that sell these plans. Sim Local and eTravelSIM have DTAC plans, but only 10 days.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Revolut e-sim activation

    What the providers I mentioned do is resell the same local DTAC Happy Tourist plan (the same one you can buy at the airport on arrival), so in terms of the eSIM itself it doesn’t really matter which one you choose. Because Airalo requires a KYC check, I would probably go for eSIMX. eSIMX does have a low Trustpilot score, but it is the cheapest and it is the same eSIM. Just make sure to pick the VOICE, DATA, SMS tab and select the 15- or 30-day unlimited plan (it starts when you install it, even if you are abroad). Do not choose data-only plans, those are roaming plans like Revolut. Airalo (aside from the KYC) will give you a better user experience. Make sure to Google a 15% discount code and don’t select the Maew plans, only DTAC. Maybe some other people here will know other places that sell these plans. Sim Local and eTravelSIM have DTAC plans, but only 10 days.

    ActivationAsieIllimité
    r/eSIMs · Flying to St Maarten, then sailing southwards towards barbados. (leewards isles)

    With a German mobile plan you can use your allowance in Saint-Martin (the northern, French side) and Guadeloupe. These are French overseas regions of the EU and are covered by roam like home. Sint Maarten (the Dutch side) is a constituent country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands and is not part of the EU. The Maya Mobile Caribbean plan works on Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, and the Dutch side of Sint Maarten. Plans from providers that the bot lists (like Airalo) still list “Netherlands Antilles” and will likely work there as well, but since The netherlands Antilles no longer exists it is better to confirm Sint Maarten specifically. I would double-check with Airalo if you plan to use it on Sint Maarten. What I would do: use roam like home in the French territories, and probably Maya Mobile for the rest. On Sint Maarten, be careful when switching networks. ubigi has a cheap plan for Sint-Maarten (both sides) if that worries you.

  • ommmyyyy 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Esim for study abroad in Scotland

    Get a local sim with a Scottish number in eSIM format, avoid apps like airalo, Holafly that are data only esims as they might not well suited for long term use.

    Europe
  • Mundane-Buddy8213 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • SweetPeasAreNice 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • nomescriba 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    I did [Nomad](http://nomadesim.com/japan-eSim) the 20GB plan while the pokemon fest, in 8 days used about 17GBs and was using heavily. I usually set up and add to the phone before the trip, and once i land that it sees the japanese network that is when they count it as active. For my trip i checked Arialo and Orange travel that ive used in the past for Europe… on both those companies the 20GB plan or equivalent was almost $10 more. With Nomad I got majority 5G networks, i only did Tokyo btw.

    EuropeJapon
  • bardtic_ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Depends where you are going. The standard route of Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto they all work great. I am currently in Japan and about to head to Hokkaido and doing stuff in the boonies. Have found ubigi is better for that. I've only ever used ubigi and airalo, but I will also say ubigia esim installation is way better. Click a button and it installs. Airalo requires you to scan a QR or manually put in a number which is long and complicated.

    ActivationJapon
  • ItsRadical 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • No_Poetry_1527 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Help, need last minute ESim advice

    For a short trip like that, I’d just grab an eSIM from Airalo or Nomad for data and keep his existing number on WhatsApp / Signal for “calls” back home. They both piggyback on big US networks and work fine in stadium crowds, just pick a plan that explicitly uses AT&T or T‑Mobile. If he really needs actual voice minutes, T‑Mobile prepaid tourist style plans or an AT&T prepaid eSIM from something like US Mobile / Mint can work, but for one week data‑only + WiFi calling apps is usually way cheaper and way less hassle.

    États-Unis
  • Apprehensive_Heat176 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Overall-Ice-1229 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM China

    For China specifically though, keep in mind most foreign esims like Esimglobe or Airalo bypass the firewall so apps like Google and Instagram should work fine, which is a big reason people grab them. I used esim China for my trip and it connected to a local network within minutes.

    Asie
  • Lbmyjob 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • mundaar 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for China

    Can confirm Roamless, Airalo and Nomad all work perfectly and bypass the firewall.

  • The-Hyrax 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • LobsterFew827 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Hi, does someone know if mobile data work in the UK if I have the Czech mobile operator Kaktus (I'm from Czechia) but also an eSIM from Airalo, from whom I buy a data package for the UK (data only). So I call with Kaktus, but I get data (internet) from Airalo via their virtual (eSIM) sim card??

    kaktus (and probably all operators in czech republic) has free roaming to the uk [link](https://www.mujkaktus.cz/roaming-mapa), you pay same as home,, so theres no need to buy airalo esim

    Europe
  • bingodingo88 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • amberzoz 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • unaltroragazzo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best eSIM for Paris, Amsterdam and Prague?

    Recently used Airalo in France and had a great experience! Traveled a bit around the country and not once I was left without reception. Last year I used the Vodafone travel eSIM in Amsterdam and Prague and I didn’t have any issues either

    Europe
  • NewMoose_2023 🇬🇧

    12 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Using a data-only eSIM in USA even though I already have a phone plan in USA?

    I have a Visible plan (so Verizon) and I have Roamless (travel eSIM) installed as my secondary so that I can access T-Mobile and AT&T. Roamless is pay as you go so you put your like $20 in your wallet and pay for data when you need. You can do the same with Airalo but that has a fixed time so even if you don't use it it will expire. How often do you run out of data? If it's occasional that should work but if it happens a lot that could get expensive. Roamless in the US is $2.45/GB and routes through VA (meaning you get a US IP address) - AT&T/T-Mobile There's also Qrispy ($2.40/GB and routes through Dallas) - AT&T/Verizon There's a new one called bcengi that also routes through Dallas that is $1.68/GB - AT&T/Verizon This guys is really new but I've tested and it works [eSim.sm](http://eSim.sm) is another one but that one will give you a Polish IP address. If you run out of data every month but just a little bit (under 5 GB) you can also look at a US Ubigi annual plan. It's $59 up front and you get allocoated 5 GB eveyr month for 12 months - use it or lose it. This one uses T-Mobile and I'm pretty sure your routing is local. They also have a 2 GB/month one that is $29 up front.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Need eSIM help for trip

    Under Settings->Cellular set Default Voice Line to your UK sim and your Cellular Data one to the Airalo sim. Make sure both sims are set to "on" under eSIMs. If you have the option of WiFi calling I would go ahead and turn that one while you're still in the UK.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Worst company eTravelSim. Who knows better alternatives for Egypt?

    Orange has 20 GB over 30 days for $45.99 - this might have local IP (since all the travel eSIMs look like they roam over Orange) [https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/egypt](https://travel.orange.com/en/buy-a-sim/offers/egypt) Nesa mobile has 20 GB over 30 days ( reloadable) for $32.50 - exit node is UK or Norway Ubigi has 10 GB over 30 days for $26. Airalo has 10 GB over 30 days for $44. They also have an unlimited option but it throttles to 1 Mbps after 3 GB a day. Looks like data in Egypt is just expensive. Would you be able to get some local after you land? That's usually cheaper.

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · eSIMs question

    If you buy a travel eSIM like Airalo or Ubigi then that would be a 2nd eSIM and you don't need need the Minternational plan. You would set up WiFi calling before you leave and your calls and data would go through that 2nd eSIM. If you buy the Minternational plan then you wouldn't need to buy anything for that second eSIM. You will be able to just use your number like you're at home. I think you get 500 minutes and 500 text and up to 10 GB of data (depending on how many days you buy). So it's an either/or thing.

    r/eSIMs · eSims for a week in the UK?

    How much data do you need and are you staying in one place or going all over? Reason I'm asking is because I've been told that there is not one singular network that will cover all of UK. So I personally would not get Airalo because it's expensive and only gives you access to EE. Ubigi uses EE and 3. Sparks has cheap UK data (15GB for $12.99) and allows you to access all 4 networks. [https://mobimatter.com/travel-esim/sparks-uk-premium-15-gb-esim?destination=GB](https://mobimatter.com/travel-esim/sparks-uk-premium-15-gb-esim?destination=GB) If you are a super low data user use the Global eSIM from eSIM.sm. [https://esim.sm/en/global-esim](https://esim.sm/en/global-esim) It's PAYG (you put money in the wallet and it will deduct as you use data and what's leftover you can use later) and for UK it is $1.33/GB. It also allows you to access all 4 networks in the UK.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi esim help

    Ubigi only has one eSIM regardless of how many plans you've bought. It's not like Airalo where each plan is an new eSIM. Have you installed the Ubigi eSIM on your phone at any time? You actually don't even need to buy a plan to instal the Ubigi eSIM.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Ubigi Question on install

    True. But he was asking about Ubigi and that's how Ubigi works. They activate immediately when you pay vs. something like Airalo which won't activate until you connect to a foreign (or supported) network.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for UAE please help

    “Airalo and MobiMatter are blocked in the UAE” Is that a new thing? I was in Dubai April 2023 and was able to purchase Airalo while there. I fought for two days to try to get Xfinity Mobile’s global pass to work and gave up and bought Airalo instead. So you can’t do that anymore?

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for UAE please help

    “Airalo and MobiMatter are blocked in the UAE” Is that a new thing? I was in Dubai April 2023 and was able to purchase Airalo while there. I fought for two days to try to get Xfinity Mobile’s global pass to work and gave up and bought Airalo instead. So you can’t do that anymore?

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Reliable eSIM Options for Spain & Dubai

    Lots of options for Europe. We were there (in Europe but did not hit Spain) this past summer and used a regional Europe sim. Was pretty cheap and worked well. We were in Dubai Spring 2023 and used Airalo. It also worked well. But wow have prices come down a lot. I paid $35 for 5 GB of data (valid 30 days). Now that same package is $13. Between Airalo and Ubigi I prefer Ubigi because you only have to install the eSim once. But Ubigi is way more expensive in UAE than Airalo right now.

    ActivationAsiePas cher
    r/eSIMs · E-Sim use on vacation in Dubai

    I bought the esims while there and didn’t have any issues. But that was 18 or so months ago so maybe something has changed. Airalo you can buy anytime and it won’t start ticking down the timer until it connects to the network in UAE, so that will probably work. Ubigi and Roamless can both work also but they look pricy for UAE.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · E-Sim use on vacation in Dubai

    Was there last spring and after fighting Xfinity mobile to get global pass enabled (never worked) on my kids’ phones I ended up buying them Airalo esims while there. I do remember them handing out SIM cards going thru customs. Airalo worked very well for them, better than our Verizon global passes actually.

  • MilesandMinutes 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Simcard or esim to use for 3 weeks travel Australia, Taiwan, Japan and Vietnam

    For a trip like that, buying a local SIM in each country will usually be the cheapest option, especially in Vietnam and Taiwan where data is really inexpensive. If you’d rather not swap SIMs, regional eSIMs from providers like Airalo or Nomad cover all four but cost more. I’d say if convenience matters most, go eSIM; if you’re fine stopping at airports/shops, local SIMs give you better value.

    Asie
  • N805DN 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is mobimatter/sparks trustworthy and good for the US?

    MobiMatter routes through Hong Kong and Sparks routes through Poland. Both will give you quite significant latency because of this when you’re in the US. I’d look at BNE, Umi, Numero, BetterRoaming, Airalo, Firsty or Ubigi for providers that route through the US.

    États-Unis
  • Shawnj2 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/NoContract · Travel eSIM advice

    I’ve used Airalo and it’s worked great but I think it’s highly variable on where you’re going and what carrier you get and how that carrier decides to prioritize your traffic.

  • Fearless_Sandwich103 🇬🇧🌐

    39 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Saily: a review

    There are two types of players in market - burner esim: need to buy a new esim every time you travel and uninstall it once the trip ends or the esim expires on its own! (airalo, holalfy etc) - reusable esim OR one esim: keep topping up same esim with different countries. No need to reinstall an esim again, ever! (Jetpac, saily, roamless etc)

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Dubai

    I havent used Saily, but i have used Airalo and Jetpac! I prefer Jetpac because its cheaper, lower latency and pretty good perks! So highly recommend that

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Esim for Thailand

    Thailand has many good options! - Airalo 10$-50gb -> KYC pain though! Its 4G - Jetpac - 10$-50gb -> no KYC -> its 5G - Nomad - 8.5$ - 50gb -> KYC pain -> Its 4G

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Klook Data only Esims - Roaming?

    Klook has the most commoditized and third rate eSIMs! Totally not recommended! Recommend you buy Airalo/Jetpac etc. you need an APAC pack for it to work in HK, China and Macau

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Europe with number

    U dont need esim with a number for whatsapp! I use a data only esim abd travel extensively! I use Airalo and Jetpac esims mostly and highly recommend them

    r/eSIMs · Egypt eSim

    Check out Airalo, Jetpac and Nomad! All A players and work pretty well!

    r/eSIMs · Newbie to eSIMs. Traveling from USA to UK.

    Unfortunately, you cant keep your number and SMS without paying hefty money to ATT. With the only exception of WhatsApp! Think of data esims as wifi. You can use whatsapp/viber etc to text and call when on wifi. If you take a local esim, then uour phone number will change to UK number. I travel very frequently and i use a global/regional esim, and it gives me access to high speed data. I use whatsapp for calls/text, and use banking apps and email OTPs to authenticate transactions! I use Jetpack global and Airalo mostly, but you can decide whichever you feel comfortable with

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for travel in india?

    I travel to India every 4 months. Mostly to Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, Varanasi, Bengaluru! I have used two esims - Airalo and Jetpac ! Both work well! Both are 4G/LTE. I recommend you pick whichever is cheaper. I observed no difference in performance in both

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Turquia y Dubai

    You are better buying off two spearate esims since most likely these two countries will only be covered in Global plans. So i recommend getting country esims for both. I personally use Airalo and Jetpac, but choose what works for you. Both these are solid options though

    r/eSIMs · ESIM Argentina/1st timer

    Depends on the plan you are buying - if data only, then WhatsApp, if with a local number, then regular calls (with Argentinian number) will work Btw, Airalo is very expensive for LATAM. Try Jetpac global

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Travel

    There are two types of data esim in the market - 1) use and throw, 2) reusable. For the 1) category, you should delete once used. For the 2) category, you should keep it and just top up when you arre traveling next with the right country pack. E.g. 1) airalo, klook, trip.com, etc, 2) Jetpac etc.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · E-Sim use on vacation in Dubai

    Its correct! But the UAE govt has blocked a few apps! Airalo is blocked for sure. There were a couple more. I used Jetpac in Dubai three weeks back and it worked well for me! Had 4G/LTE throughout! Highly recommended

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · South America eSIM help!

    I havent been to all these but a few! I used Jetpac esim for brazil and colombia, and Airalo for Argentina! All worked well

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Guatemala?

    I recommend you check out Jetpac and Airalo! While i have never used them in Guatemala, i used Jetpac in colombia and Ecuador, and worked pretty well! Used Airalo in Latin america and that was fine too

    r/eSIMs · Traveling to europe

    Unlimited is a marketing hoax. Plz check fair usage policy in FAQ or tech specs. On esim providers - i recommend you check Airalo, Jetpac and Nomad for europe. I have personally used all three and all are pretty good, and key difference is in pricing and perks

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · eSIM suggestion for mostly SE Asian countries?

    Get an APAC esim! All these will be covered! Many choices available! I typically buy a Jetpac 25gb plan witu 30 days validity when i have to do multiple countries across APAC. Airalo is also good, but a bit pricey. You decide!

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Best esim for Saudi Arabia recommendations?

    I have no experience with Saily! I have experience with Jetpac and Airalo in saudi! Both work pretty well! Key point was low latency for Jetpac! Speeds were pretty good, abive 100 mpbs! So highly recommended! I used 1$-1gb pack, so that was pretty reasonable! Airalo was slower due to latency issues!

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Saily vs Airalo

    Recommend to check out Tello and Jetpac for US! Both have local routing vs europe routing for both Saily and Airalo

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · I need a good esim - please help

    Check out the following players Europe offering - Airalo, Jetpac and Nomad - all good and personally tested for Europe! Airhub is a scam and better to stay away from them

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Staff Traveler eSIM - Another eSIM I Stumbled On

    Out of all things you mentioned, there is nothing to like about honestly! All this is present today with A players! 99 cents 100 mb, Jetpack has 1$-1gb starters pack. 5gb at 24$ for global, even Airalo (whoch is most expensive), is cheaper than that.

    r/eSIMs · Dominican Republic

    I looked up pricing of my go-to esims! Comparing 3gb and 5gb 3gb - airalo - $21 - Jetpac - $19 - Nomad - $32 - Saily - $21 5gb - Airalo - $32.5 - Jetpac - $30 - Nomad - $49 - Saily - $34

  • ArtisticArnold 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM SMS+ data : New Zealand travel

    Disable vzw roaming. Call them and disable ALL types of roaming. Important. Enable VoWiFi on vzw in the USA, test it and make a call. Use airalo for data. Set to low data mode. Keep VoWiFi enabled. All your vzw calls and texts still work via the airalo data connection, just like it's on wifi.

    r/eSIMs · First time using an eSIM

    Keep your home SIM enabled. Put airalo esim as primary data. Disable data roaming on your home line. Put primary Voice as your home line. Enable VoWiFi on your home line before you travel. Contact your home cell company and ask them to disable all charged roaming and calling.

    Activation
  • zegarski 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · What's the deal with Airalo?

    I’ve used Airalo a couple of times in MENA (Qatar, UAE, Egypt), most recently in Feb, and haven’t had any issues. I’ve always bought before I left the US. Just a single data point, bit good experience

    Asie
  • ArridScorpion 🇬🇧

    7 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Want to hear recent experiences with Orange

    Orange is a great network in France. Yes, easy to set up. Mixed reviews ? Not just with Orange, but most poor reviews are caused by ‘operator error’ people without a clue about technology, what they are doing etc. Like my old neighbour back in England - Their, and I quote “fucking shit ee io oo phone card won’t fucking work, can you help. I am going to Span tomorrow” Me : Thing Is, Pat (a woman in her sixties) An Airalo not ee io oo travel eSIM is designed for smart phones with Internet connectivity. Your phone is an Alcatel phone with just talk and text functionality. Airalo can’t possibly work on your phone” Also, go on YouTube and watch a video or two about orange travel eSIMs, that will help you.

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · What's the deal with Airalo?

    Same here, not an influencer etc, but having it used probably three or four times in Central Europe when I travelled there from my then home in England, Airalo was fine for me, no issues at all. Bought the eSIM in advance of my trips and I was good to go as soon as I got off the plane. Maybe Airalo has suffered a bit of backlash as it appeared on a lot of video’s on YouTube, the same as Holafly ?

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Best esim for travel to UK and Ireland?

    Yes, they can be activated upon landing, but, defending on where in the world you live and also the policy of each network, you may not be able to receive a physical SIM card a few days before your trip. If you have an UNLOCKED eSIM compatible phone, download an eSIM when you get here. Any eSIM or Physical SIM card from the UK will only work in the EU if you buy a roaming package, which is a consequence of the UK leaving the EU due to the Brexit. You may well save money by buying two separate physical SIM cards or eSIMs, one in the UK and another in the EU. Another reasonable option is a European regional eSIM from the likes of Airalo, Holafly and Saily, which work all in 30 - 40 counties, including the UK.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Local vs regional e-sim

    What you calling “local eSIMs” are solely for one single country Regional eSIMs cover around 30 - 40 countries , depending on the provider, be it Airalo, Holafly etc That explains the price difference you are seeing.

    r/eSIMs · esim & phone numbers

    If you turn off your primary line, no one will be able to contact you at all. Yes, it would work in Europe, as long as you had roaming switched on and the relevant roaming pass from your home network. Specialist travel eSIMs are data only, they do not come with a number. And no, travel eSIMs do not use your primary number. As you will be in Europe for three months, buy either a physical SIM card or an eSIM of the country you will be in the most during the three months. If you will be in one of the 27 member countries of the European Union, you can a buy a physical SIM card or an eSIM fin one of the 27 member countries and it will roam as a matter of course in the other 26 EU member countries. As you do seem confused about travel eSIMs and roaming, I suggest you watch some YouTube videos on travel eSIMs - search "travel esims" or "Airalo", "Holafly", "Saily" to name but three brands of travel eSIMs, all of which do not include a cellphone number.

    r/eSIMs · ESIM for Foreign Hikers

    1, No - eSIM providers like Airalo have agreements with carriers, so they effectively do the selection for you. 2, MVNOs like Tello and Visible may be better - bearable in mind that when hiking, in rural areas, you are likely to encounter dead spots with no coverage. 3, eSIM providers like Airalo and others are data only, they do not offer a phone number. 4. Depends on how much you use those services. However, some eSIMs let you top up your data. If they don’t, you simply buy another eSIM. 5 No - even if you could, people would not be able to contact you and you could not make outgoing calls. If you do not have a dual sim phone, you will need a secondary phone, but turn data of in your main number, to avoid potentially high roaming charges, but do not turn off calls and texts. If unsure how to do this, consult your phone’s manual or Google / YouTube it.

  • mctwnd 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSim for africa

    Vegolink worked for me in Ghana and South Africa. Airalo (Global) worked well for me in South Africa last year. I'm going to be testing Roamless when I go to South Africa this year. I suggest that you go with at least 2 eSIMs in case one fails you.

    r/eSIMs · Using an eSim

    I'm going to assume that the phone is unlocked. Before you travel to South Africa, make sure that WiFi calling has been activated at your Mint Mobile number. This would enable you to send/make/receive calls and texts when connected to WiFi. Also, install WhatsApp in your phone. Everyone outside USA/Canada/South Korea uses WhatsApp for calls and texts. There are many international eSIM providers e g. Roamless, Airalo, Vegolink, etc that sell data in South Africa. If you want a South African eSIM provider that sells data and voice minutes, Vodacom and MTN sell eSIMs. The last time I checked, you had to be on a contract with them.

    r/eSIMs · Staff Traveler eSIM - Another eSIM I Stumbled On

    What I like is that StaffTraveler's eSIM plans last for one year. Airalo's annual plan starts at $69 for 20GB. If you don't need all that data, StaffTraveler's 5GB plan is just $24 and it lasts for one year. The cost per GB is the same whether you are going to Marrakesh or Macau.

  • stancorrected 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Cheap eSIMs you've tried (and worked) in Europe

    I'm an Airalo fan after trying several others. In recent times my positive experience with them has included: Germany, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Austria, Czechia, Slovakia, Denmark, Sweden, Poland.

    Europe
  • Visual-Major6284 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim advice needed

    Choose a provider that offers eSIMs for Australia, such as Airalo, Holafly, Nomad, or local Australian carriers. Some eSIMs activate immediately upon installation, while others activate only when you connect to a network in Australia. Read the provider’s terms to check when activation starts.

  • Appropriate-Tooth101 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM advice for travelling to the United States

    I think the term "wi-fi calling" is a bit confusing here. Some (e)sims that come with an associated phone number allow making calls using this number when connected to a wi-fi network. This must be supported by the phone and the carrier that issued the sim. Airalo doesn't come with a phone number, so it is kind of obvious, that they do not support this. I think what you're referring to when you say "wi-fi calling" is making a VoIP call using an app like WhatsApp or Skype using a mobile data connection. I've never had an issue with that with any eSIM. I can confirm that it works fine with Roamless. Roamless even has built in VoIP support for making outgoing calls using their app. Now combine these two... making a "wifi-call" using the number of your home carrier while only being connected to the mobile network of the travel esim. The travel esim does not need to support this. But your home carrier and your phone would have to support this. In theory this could work, but I'm not sure if turning off the home sim will still allow incoming "wi-fi" calls. You can try that at home, and see if it works. My carrier does not support wi-if calling so I've never been able to test this. What I did was install the "Acrobits Softphone" app, connect it with a SIP number, and use that for making calls using my Roamless eSIM. That was perfect.

  • Majestic-Reality4420 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM app for International travel?

    Buy local ESims, for example in the UK LycaMobile is £2.50 for 5GB or £5 for 25GB: https://www.lycamobile.co.uk/en/bundles/sim-only-deals/#30-day-plans Getting global coverage costs more (starting at ~$2.50/GB) and I've never been able to justify it, even for short layovers of a few hours. That said, if you really do want global, Revolut, Airalo, Unisim, Roamless, etc... all offer it.

  • Physical_Bus2822 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · SE Asia

    All countries in SE Asia offer extremely cheap local SIMs/eSIMs so you would overpay using Airalo or Nomad. I would get myself a small Asia plan of 1 or 3 GB from BNESIM and apply their promo code FLY30 to get enough data in every country for the first few days until you sort it out to get a local one

    AsieRapport qualité-prix
  • Historical_Salad_495 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Capo Verde Roamless

    I've looked airalo but if i had to bought it again and again when it's expired than it would cost me much more. I've just want it for 60 days and only around 3GB. Particular advantage i see that it works as long as i have credits on account which from my estimations should be just enough. That's why I'm asking about roamless, cause i've found it just recently and never heard about it but the premiss is good looking. Local SIM is currently not possible, that's why im looking for esim options

  • jerryhou85 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • pianoman81 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What are the best & cheapest ESIM providers.

    I used airolo for Japan this trip. I think the carrier was Moshi Moshi. $11.50 for 5 GBs. I was there 11 days and only used about 3 GB. There were so many wifi networks that I never felt disconnected using my phone.

    Japon
  • Crashbeta 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Japan... so many options.

    I used Ubigi and it worked well for 5G. I have never heard of Jetpac Global but I will consider it next time I visit Japan. Airalo only connected to LTE when I was in Japan in early 2024. I have seen Airalo used in Spain and it could switch from LTE to 5G but that is on a completely different network.

    EuropeJapon
  • pandaturtle27 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Effective_Cap_4143 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • CultureThis6577 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · E sims for 3 weeks travel

    I’ve always used airalo and partner used ubigi. Under the assumption they have different networks we used different providers to have a larger coverage area. Not too sure if they do run off the same but he sometimes had signal when I didn’t.

  • johnnysgotyoucovered 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for Italy

    Airalo was great when I was in the outskirts of Milan as it would switch between TIM, WindTre, Vodafone and ILIAD (newer provider I think). TIM had decent coverage even when in valleys/really remote areas too. Ubigi also worked well and was faster but was far more expensive. Purely on price, google “Vodafone Travel Italy ESIM”, they have a 100GB “travel together” package for £37 which has up to 5 ESIMs, and they’ve also got an unlimited data one which is 5GB high speed per day then 5Mb/s which is more than enough for maps and social media. Their 100GB ESIM isn’t bad at £19 either

    Europe
  • capngills 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • FeiGei 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · I need Esim advice. I was BADLY burnt by Ubigi.

    I mostly used Ubigi (NTT Docomo network, biggest provider in Japan) myself, but in some places it did not work as well or not at all. So I tried Airalo (Softbank network) as a backup and it did work in those areas. I hopped between these 2 during my month-long trip, but Ubigi definitely covered more areas and was faster.

    Japon
  • TheDrahzar 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • ketralnis 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ciesum 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • Dear_Acanthaceae7637 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Travel sims ??

    I use a e-sim from airalo every time I go outside the EU. Check if you phone supports an e-sim first (most smartphone do, these days). I find an e-sim more practical than buying a physical sim card, because my phone doesn't support 2 sim cards at the same time.

  • Fantastic-Tip9801 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Airalo Turned Basic Travel Tasks Into a Daily Headache

    Where were you at? I used airalo on my last 9 EU trips and the only issue I had was when crossing into Austria from Slovakia. All i needed to do was turn airplane mode on and off to reset mobile connection and after that it worked as it should.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Travelling to Europe for 12 days, need help deciding on an esim

    I used airalo in England, France, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland and Hungary. The only issue I have is anytime I cross into Austria, I need to reconnect either by turning the phone on and off or turning airplane mode on and off. Other than that I personally can't say anything bad about it.

    Europe
  • shaunappples 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • mayfairtop 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · UK/EU cheaper than UK alone?

    Yeah as someone has said they are overpriced for the UK. Better with a local provider Lebara, Smarty, ID and if your visiting another EU country it will work abroad as well.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • MedicalRange1257 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Flimsy-Process230 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · ESIM Japan

    Keep in mind that “unlimited” eSIMs don’t mean unlimited high-speed data. Most are subject to a fair-use policy meaning that after you use a certain amount of data per day, often around 3 GB, your speed will be throttled. In many cases the throttled speed is slow enough to be practically unusable. Personally I prefer fixed-GB eSIMs because I know all the data I’m paying for is high-speed. That said, I’ve used both Ubigi and Airalo in Japan without any problems.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Constant internet dropouts with every eSIM I’ve tried (Airalo, Holafly, etc.) on two different iPhones

    I also use an iPhone and have tried many international eSIM providers (Airalo, Ubigi, Trip.com, etc.), and I’ve never experienced that issue. They’ve all been very reliable for me. I’ve installed and deleted so many eSIMs over the years that I’ve lost count, and I haven’t run into the problem you’re describing. In fact, the only unusual thing I’ve ever seen was with Ubigi in China: my phone showed no signal bars, but mobile data still worked. Occasionally if I notice my data is slower than usual I’ll toggle Airplane Mode on and off and that seems to fix it. But I don’t have to do that very often. It might be a glitch specific to your phone.

    r/eSIMs · esim and the china great firewall

    I used Ubigi in China, and WhatsApp and YouTube worked, but ChatGPT and Gemini didn’t. On the other hand, Airalo and Trip.com worked perfectly (including ChatGPT and Gemini)

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Physical Esim card

    For the vast majority of them you don’t. Right now I’m using Airalo and it has worked flawlessly for me.

  • EIectron 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for traveling in Europe

    I'm using airola this time. From memory I believe it's 3gb per day then after that 1mb per second which is enough for Google maps and I think 360p videos

    Illimité
  • explicitspirit 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Why do people buy esims promoted by influencers?

    The thing is services like Airalo and Saily can be 4x as expensive as a random provider from Trip.com or Ubigi. I get that they can demand higher pricing, but not that much. Just a quick example for a Europe eSim for 30 days and 10GB costs 44 CAD, while vendors on Trip.com have rates in the $12 CAD range. Ubigi sits in the middle but is still under $20. The price difference is huge.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Why do people buy esims promoted by influencers?

    I honestly think that Airalo and whatnot are about to have their lunch eaten by the legacy telcos. I got curious and checked my own provider which is one of the more expensive ones in Canada. They offer a 30 day Europe roaming package for $75 now, which is only a few dollars higher than a comparable Airalo card (I have 50gb of data), plus it comes with phonecalls as well. I would have never known if I didn't read your comment because I know from past experiences it was $16 per day, I didn't know they had extended roaming packages. At $75 with them VS $60 something with one of the premium suppliers, it makes sense to just stick with my regular sim.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • These-Degree1221 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Very disappointed with Airalo.

    I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. Since the eSIM worked in Italy and can register on a network in France but has no data, this sounds more like a roaming provisioning issue than a problem with your phone settings. Airalo support may need to check whether your plan is correctly provisioned for France and reset the data connection from their side. When contacting them, provide your order number, eSIM ICCID, phone model, and current location—but please send those details privately rather than posting them publicly. I hope they resolve it quickly.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Very disappointed with Airalo.

    It basically means your eSIM can connect to the local network, but the provider hasn’t properly enabled mobile data for it in that country. Since it worked in Italy but stopped in France, Airalo may need to reset the connection from their side.

    Europe
  • Prestigious_Eagle532 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/solotravel · General Balkan advice needed! Cash, etc.

    Don't know what Verizon is but Aerilo esim is fine and reasonably priced. I used it through Amenia, Georgia, Turkey and the Stans last year. After doing my sums it was cheaper to get the 60 days unlimited global plan for AUD$100 and get a seperate limited plan for the couple of Stans that weren't covered in the global plan. Esims are way less trouble than physical sims if your phone can handle them and once set up you can just connect to the various local networks with a quick setting change. As for travel insurance, get it for the peace of mind as something is bound to go wrong if you don't have it :) Get a Wyse card and load it with a couple of different currencies and use ATMs to withdraw cash as needed. It also acts as a debit card at point of sale so you won't even need to carry that much cash. The Wyse app will allow you to transfer from your usual bank account app into the Wyse app and then convert into the currencies you've set up.

    AsieIllimitéPas cherRapport qualité-prix
    r/solotravel · General Balkan advice needed! Cash, etc.

    You can top up aerilo from the app if you run out of data. It worked way cheaper than using international roaming rates from a mobile phone company- Australian phone companies are terrible for roaming charges but maybe us companies are better. Check the Wyse website for the exchange rates, if you pull from an ATM using your normal bank transaction card use a bank ATM or authorised exchange dealer to get the best exchange rates. I’d transfer within the app to the local currency and then withdraw the cash. I didn’t want to carry a lot of cash with me so doing it that was preferable, ultimately do what is comfortable for you.

    ActivationPas cher
  • seanffy 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • YoutubeUniqq 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • welostmagic 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Used Airalo in Japan and Hong Kong 2 years ago, worked just fine, decent speeds and easy connectivity. I had a looooot of trouble with them in Canada last October though, and their customer service was less than stellar and wasted 3 days of my trip asking for the same screenshots over and over. I filed a complaint when I returned home and they refunded me the full cost of the faulty eSIM, but it left a sour taste and I hesitate to use them again, honestly. So! When Airalo eSims works, they work great and I like the app UI. When it doesn’t… yeah, good luck with that.

    ActivationAsieJaponRemboursement
  • weirdlittledude 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    I usually just use Airalo. You can download the app, choose and buy your data plan while you wait for your flight and activate it when you land. After it’s activated on the app, just make sure it also appears in your phone settings — deactivate your main line too so your phone doesn’t switch back automatically and you don’t end up with roaming fees. Super easy to use :)

    Activation
  • Luna_Risa 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • burningflames261 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best eSIM for traveling abroad?

    Check out esimdb. You can compare multiple companies. It doesn't really matter which one you choose as long as your phone supports the esim.  I've always found Airalo to be a  more expensive esim.

  • Specialist-Sink2098 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · best Esim for canada data mainly

    Im using eSIM bought from MobiMatter or Airalo. They both use verified network partners. My parents are travelling in Canada (Vancouver and Toronto etc ) as we speak (almost 1month already) and I bought eSIM for them from Airalo (mom) and MobiMatter (dad) just in case if one of them fails, although, both them are using same local telecommunication providers. I have FaceTime and WeChat them with no issues and didn’t have to contact support centre etc. so they both are quite reliable, in my humble opinion. Referral code if needed: MobiMatter: D\_ANG50104 Airalo: WENZHA3712

  • Kananaskis_Country 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best SIM card / eSIM for 10 days in Vietnam – Landing in Hanoi then Sapa (economical options)

    1.) Best value is buying a physical SIM in the city. It's about $10 for 50 GB. If you want instant data then buying at the airport is obviously best at about $10 for 20 GB or purchasing an eSIM in advance. Airalo piggybacks onto the Viettel infrastructure. You can check the price online. 2.) Viettel has excellent coverage in the north. How much data (of course) depends entirely on your usage. 3.) Most economical is the same as best value at #1, no? Happy travels.

    Asie
  • Bitter-Variation-151 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · What features do you wish eSIM apps had?

    I travel 5 months months a year. I just want unlimited data with an eSIM just like when I'm at home. Managing my data usage when travelling is a pain. Sometimes they deplete with no warning leaving me fd until I find some wifi again. If I do get an unlimited eSIM it throttles back speed after a few gigs which makes the eSIM almost useless. I've only used Airalo as I can't be bothered to research and learn how to use others. I used to like it more but it's seems to be getting more expensive and a little spotty at times. I might just start roaming on my home plan going forward. The costs between them are getting closer.

    IllimitéRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Does Airalo suck now?

    It is a thing: With Airalo in South Korea, you’re generally using a local network through a wholesale agreement rather than being a direct customer of the carrier. That means you may be deprioritized compared with local subscribers during periods of network congestion

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Does Airalo suck now?

    This is my first country with unlimited data. So that could makes sense as to why it could be slow. But wouldn't explain the zero data i was getting for many hours in a fixed data country. And if eSIMs getting lower priorities on high demand towers I may just change my home provider roaming plan to unlimited. Having data speeds like 2001 is not something I want when travelling

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Does Airalo suck now?

    Seems to be something like that. eSIMs get lower priority on high demand towers. In Morrea, French Polynesia that was the case.

  • Rare_Reaction_6887 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · which esim for USA

    T‑Mobile based eSIMs usually give you the best combo of price and coverage in the Midwest. Ubigi and Airalo both work fine, but if you’ll be outside big cities a lot, I’d lean Ubigi or just grab a direct T‑Mobile prepaid eSIM once you land. Avoid super cheap random resellers on Google, they throttle like crazy or have awful support.

    États-Unis
  • Traumjaegerin 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Senator-Dingdong 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Kooky-Slide-8333 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • bayou_gumbo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Wise_Ambition2683 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best e-sim for Hungary, Czech Republic, and Germany.

    Honestly, it's pretty hit or miss, depending on the country. For Budapest, Prague, and Germany, you'll be much better off with something that runs on multiple networks. Voye Global, Airalo, and Holafly are the ones most people have consistently good experiences with in Europe. Voye Global is designed more for consistent connectivity across regions, so it can be a solid option if you want something that works smoothly across multiple countries without switching plans. Airalo is cheaper and works well if you are okay with managing your data, while Holafly is more "set it and forget it, with unlimited plans but a bit pricier. As for Roamless - it's convenient, but you are mostly paying for the convenience. If it were me, I'd go with Voye Global if you want an all-in-one solution, Airalo for budget, and Holafly for unlimited plans for my trip.

    EuropePas cher
  • ShoppingSome4807 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Europe??

    I have used AirAlo for my trips mainly in Europe, but also to Africa and Asia. I would recommend it.

    AsieEurope
  • CyborgNumber42 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Central Europe E-sim Suggestions?

    I used Redteago’s Europe unlimited plan in France and Germany and it worked well. I activated it before leaving, and it connected automatically once I landed. It was also convenient when moving between countries, since I didn’t have to worry about switching SIMs. Btw, I found it includes 10GB of high-speed data per day and is more cost-effective than both Airalo and Saily.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • crackanape 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • PretzelsThirst 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • peladoclaus 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Review Airalo in Aruba

    Getting a local sim is usually better if you're staying any length of time. When I was constantly traveling for work I liked airalo because it works whereever your landing but it's expensive.. more expensive was Verizon.. but Verizon worked really well for me in Colombia. Since I've been home I've switched to US Mobile and it works really well. They have some travel plans as well but I've never used them internationally.

  • Inevitable_Army7688 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • BC_Engineer 🇬🇧

    7 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Airalo Esim in Japan. Not recommended

    Same. I used Airalo in Asia including Taiwan with no issues. Never in Japan yet but my friends who did use Airalo in Japan had no issues. It depends if the instructions were followed including turning the eSIM on with roaming on.

    AsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Iceland, UK, and Ireland?

    Probably best to get a 1 week esim for Iceland, and 2 week esim for the UK. Regional esims cost more per GB but or you're ok with that then there is a regional esims for all of Europe including Iceland and UK with Airalo.

    Europe
  • Puslinch-Komet 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Unlimited Airalo vs Holafly

    I have 6 Airalo eSIM on the go, mostly Global 365 due to convenience and travel. They just work. My son has the same on Saily, same it works.

  • CorrectCombination11 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Cautious_Use_7442 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eEsim in Japan

    Airalo worked quite well, but I used a lot of data in Japan. In hindsight, I probably could’ve taken an unlimited offer.  An alternative is to go to BicCamera and buy a phyiscal sim there. There have a colosal range of SIMs for tourists 

    Japon
  • nomadality 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · What’s the best eSIM provider for traveling in 2026?

    I actual install two eSims now to get better coverage since I end up in the countryside a lot from cycling. When I don’t get a local eSim, I usually get one from Airalo and one from Nomad if I can confirm their networks don’t overlap completely. I’ve had better service from Nomad in Portugal and now in Greece, they are about the same.

    Europe
  • nadbilal 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Inevitable_Smoke_959 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Columbian eSIM Recommendations?

    Biggest tip for Colombia — pay attention to which network the eSIM actually runs on, not just the price. There are four carriers (Claro, Tigo, WOM, Movistar) and the coverage difference is huge. Claro is the only one with solid signal across the whole country. Movistar is fine in Bogotá and Medellín but basically useless once you head north toward Santa Marta or Tayrona. Learned that one the hard way. Airalo (https://www.airalo.com/) is the go-to recommendation on here but they use Movistar in Colombia, so just be aware of that if you're going anywhere outside the big cities. Airhub and Jetpac both connect through Claro which makes them much more reliable for wider travel. I've also had good luck with HelloRoam (https://www.helloroam.com/) — it's a marketplace so you can actually compare plans from different carriers side by side, which made it easier to find a Claro-based option without having to check every provider's website individually. Covered me across Bogotá, the coffee region, and Cartagena without any issues. Whatever you go with, don't cheap out on data. 2GB sounds fine on paper but between Maps, WhatsApp, Uber, and uploading the odd photo you'll blow through it in a week. I'd say 5-10GB minimum for two weeks, or unlimited if your budget allows it. Also install before you fly — you can set it up over Wi-Fi at home and just switch it on when you land. Way better than queuing at a Claro shop at the airport for 30 minutes with your passport out trying to communicate in Spanish. Colombia is amazing, enjoy the trip!

  • MotownMan646 🇬🇧

    6 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSim for unlocked iPhone 12 for teen traveling to Europe

    If you want to simplify things (at an expense) I would suggest subscribing to US Mobile for a month. Activate it about a week before she leaves so you have time to make sure voice, text and data all work properly. US Mobile has a prepaid Unlimited Premium plan that includes 20GB of roaming data, 200 minutes of talk and 250 texts for $35 a month. Using the website or app, you can add an international trip and designate the three countries or even more for travel. There is even a step-by-step troubleshooting guide for international roaming. You can cancel the plan upon her return. I got this for my brother for his trip to Europe and it worked flawlessly. Admittedly, this is a more expensive plan compared to getting a regional Europe SIM, or individual eSIMs for each country, but it ensures that everything is in working order before she leaves, it doesn't require having to futz around with settings and you don't have to use unfamiliar miscellaneous apps. There is also the convenience of being able to call the guides/chaperones/home directly instead. Not everyone carries an iPhone, so you could be dealing with another app such as WhatsApp, Signal, or Telegram. As others wrote, eSIMs can be installed in advance, but they can't be tested or used in advance. Everything is trial by fire, so to speak, and most eSIM operators don't operate in the countries they service. That means any problems can be especially complicated because they are not the operators, just middlemen that may or may not have to reach out to the carriers to fix problems. This is why I asked about comfort with technology. A regional eSIM may be more cost efficient and second easiest. One price, usually a bit more than buying for each company, but usually doesn't include calls or texts. You make the eSIM active the day she leaves and cross your fingers it will work on landing, maybe half of the $35 US Mobile would charge. Buying country-specific SIMs would be most complicated, but cheapest. You need to know how many days each country has. The shortest time period is three days. So you buy three different eSIMs and store each in a profile. When your daughter leaves one country (and presuming she doesn't go back), she would need to activate the profile, which would activate the eSIM, until it runs out or until the time expires. The cost might be a third of US Mobile. I've used Airalo in the past, but other than cost, I have no complaints. In the end, it really depends on how much you want to weigh cost vs. convenience.

    r/eSIMs · Travelling to Philippines for 15 days

    Go with Globe or Smart Philippines. Both are local Philippine providers. If you can get out of the airport and buy at a local mall or convenience store and load credits, you can pay even less than the cost or Airalo or other international eSIM providers.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Americans traveling abroad: what do you do for cellphone service?

    What phone are you using? Be aware that PRC mobile companies use different bands for data that differ from the USA and your phone may or may not support those bands. Also, Consumer Cellular does not guarantee service outside the USA as its focus is providing service in the US. Enable WiFi calling with CC. At least this way, calls back to the States will be free via WiFi. Many but not all eSIM packages (Airalo, HolaFly) only include data. Voice and texts are separate. If you get a local service in China, it may provide you with a China number to make calls/texts. A local SIM or eSIM will be subject to the Great Firewall and won’t be able to reach some sites/services. If telephone access is mission critical AND you have at least a month of lead time, you can try Google Fi. You can’t use Fi overseas until at least a month of service in the USA, go to China, then cancel once you return. You can forward incoming CC calls to your Google Fi number and have uninterrupted service. Google Voice is also a consideration but it acts as a VOIP line that works over WiFi or data. It is free.

    r/eSIMs · Local vs regional e-sim

    Regional eSIMs are higher priced for the convenience if you are going through providers like Airalo and HolaFly. When you speak of “local eSIMs” do you mean country-specific plans from places like Airalo and HolaFly or local providers such as Vodafone or T-Mobile Germany? If you mean the local providers such, it will depend on the plan you buy. Some will not offer roaming, but others will. It has gotten confusing because the EU is supposed to be a unified market but it hasn’t trickled down to all the mobile carriers yet.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM or Pocket WiFi?

    Do you need a local number or is data enough? Most eSIM providers that offer multiple countries are usually data only. Think Airalo or HolaFly and the like. You could download one app and just buy eSIMs/packages for each country you visit. Not always the cheapest because you are paying for the convenience of one-stop shopping. Multi-country packages tend to be pricier, and are usually region specific. Global plans tend to be most expensive. The best deal is usually a local provider in that country, but it can be a pain to research each country and then having to hunt down the eSIM from a vending machine, kiosk or convenience store. The pocket WiFi option isn’t always the best or most convenient because some devices are country/provider specific, meaning what you rent or buy in Japan wont work in Turkey, or you would have to buy SIM cards for each country assuming you could find one compatible for each country, or you have to pay for a multi-country solution which would require a big initial outlay for the device and data.

    r/eSIMs · Can I use different esims between different countries back and forth?

    On an iPhone, go to Settings, then Cellular. In Cellular, click on Cellular Data and select the appropriate eSIM/SIM. Turn off Allow Cellular Switching. This will stop your other carriers from requesting data from other roaming carriers. Go back and scroll down to SIMs and toggle on or off the appropriate SIM/eSIM. Older iPhones only allow one SIM and one eSIM to be active. More recent iPhones allow two eSIMs to be active. You may store multiple eSIMs on your iPhone. The exact number depends on the model. It is safe to toggle between eSIMs as you transition from country to country. Depending on the eSIM, it may only be usable in a certain country/network. If you buy a SmarTone HK eSIM in Hong Kong, unless you pay for an international roaming package, it wont be usable anywhere else even if you have leftover data. It may be usable in Macau or China, but again, it depends on the package. If you return to Hong Kong before the eSIM’s expiration date, you may continue to use it. If you buy a one week tourist SIM and you are not back before the time runs out, your leftover data/minutes/text will expire. So choose appropriately. It may be cheaper to just buy a second eSIM/SIM when you return to Hong Kong. Or you may wish to top up if you selected a pay as you go provider. If you buy a regional SIM/eSIM, then all your data carries over from country to country until it is all used up or it expires. Regional eSIMs tend to be more expensive because it serves multiple countries. With providers like Airalo or HolaFly, this might be most convenient but you do pay for the convenience. Hope this helps.

  • globalirishcp 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • dmbteach 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/AskFrance · What’s a good eSim for internet?

    I have had great luck with Airalo all over the world. It is easy to use as well. You can get $3 off if you use a referral code. Here is mine if you want to check it out- SAM6668 Good luck!

    r/eSIMs · Local eSIM for studying in Seville, Spain

    I have had great luck with Airalo all over the world. It is easy to use as well. You can get $3 off if you use a referral code. Here is mine if you want to check it out- SAM6668 Good luck!

  • CarryFew7130 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • eSIMs_bot 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Traveling through multiple asian countries. Look for an esim that works for all of them.

    **Asia (Pricing in $USD unless stated)** **Airalo** 2 GB/15 Days $9.50 3 GB/30 Days $13.00 5 GB/30 Days $20.00 10 GB/30 Days $37.00 **Nomad** 3 GB/30 Days $13.00 5 GB/30 Days $17.00 10 GB/30 Days $20.00 20 GB/45 Days $30.00 **Jetpac** 5GB/ 30 Days $15.00 10GB/ 30 Days $19.99 15GB/ 30 Days $29.99 30GB/ 30 Days $39.99 **Saily** 3 GB/30 Days $12.49 5 GB/30 Days $19.49 10 GB/30 Days $35.99 (Prices are for comparison purposes and not a recommendation)

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · looking for best carribean esim

    **Caribbean (Pricing in $USD unless stated)** **Airalo** 2 GB/15 Days $15.00 3 GB/30 Days $21.00 5 GB/30 Days $32.50 10 GB/30 Days $49.00 **Nomad** 3 GB/30 Days $17.00 5 GB/30 Days $21.00 10 GB/30 Days $36.00 20 GB/30 Days $49.00 **Jetpac** 5GB/ 30 Days $21.00 10GB/ 30 Days $36.00 15GB/ 30 Days $49.99 30GB/ 30 Days $69.99 (Prices are for comparison purposes and not a recommendation)

    r/eSIMs · Nomad eSIM through a US trip of 4 people, honest review

    **United_states (Pricing in $USD unless stated)** **Airalo** 2 GB/15 Days $7.00 2 GB/15 Days $12.50 3 GB/30 Days $9.00 3 GB/30 Days $16.00 5 GB/30 Days $14.00 5 GB/30 Days $22.50 10 GB/30 Days $23.00 10 GB/30 Days $34.50 20 GB/30 Days $37.00 **Nomad** 3 GB/30 Days $9.00 5 GB/30 Days $13.00 10 GB/30 Days $15.00 20 GB/30 Days $18.00 50 GB/30 Days $27.00 **Jetpac** 5 GB / 30 Days $12.99 10 GB / 30 Days $15.99 15 GB / 30 Days $19.99 20 GB / 30 Days $35.00 30 GB / 30 Days $29.99 40 GB / 30 Days $34.99 Unlimited / 10 Days $33.99 **Saily** 3 GB/30 Days $8.99 5 GB/30 Days $13.99 10 GB/30 Days $22.99 20 GB/30 Days $36.99 **Sparks** 1 GB/60 Days $4.40 2 GB/60 Days $5.40 3 GB/60 Days $6.20 5 GB/60 Days $8.00 10 GB/60 Days $12.40 15 GB/60 Days $18.20 30 GB/90 Days $35.90 (Prices are for comparison purposes and not a recommendation)

    États-Unis
  • Clherrick 🇬🇧🌐

    8 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Possibly dumb question on dual esims

    If you make or receive a call it triggers the $12. Just don’t pick up. If you SEND a text it triggers the $12. If you receive a text no impact. It does get a little challenging though. iMessage, blue bubble, uses data so that goes on secondary eSIM. RCS I’m not sure about which includes some androids. SMS counts as a text in your primary. WhatsApp, FB messenger, Signal, are all on the secondary SIM. I just used airALO for two weeks in England and spent a total of about $30, as opposed to $400 on Verizon for our two phones. Just don’t forget to turn off data roaming on your Verizon line.

    EuropePas cher
  • CherrrySnaps 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Pause my esim?

    No, you cannot pause an Airalo eSIM once it starts. The countdown begins as soon as it connects to the network, even if you are not using data. Best move is to activate it only when you cross into mainland China and keep the Hong Kong one separate.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Holafly

    I used Airalo last trip - coverage was solid in both Japan and the Philippines. The data speeds stayed decent. Holafly’s unlimited plan sounds tempting, but some users say it throttles after a certain point

    AsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · Saily or Airalo middle east

    If it's your first time, go with Saily. Their coverage across Egypt, Jordan, and Turkey is consistent, and the support is faster. Airalo is cheaper but often needs manual APN setup, and the signal can drop around Sinai or Petra. The extra cost buys peace of mind.

    ActivationAsiePas cher
  • Sunday-ke-Sunday 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • kibbutznik1 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Avoid Airelo Like The Plague

    All wins can have problems in particular areas and times. I keep a backup . Usually Airalo works fine for me but I also have a roamless. Roamless direct export the credit so my top is slats have it on your phone with a bit of credit as backup , use whichever is cheaper . Also don’t know why you think that nobody who haszz a avatars has ever bring in china . You messed up .. maybe Airalo did .. its a problem but shouldn’t let it be a catastrophe

    r/eSIMs · Roamless Flex over Airalo for me

    I use Roamless and it is great .previously Airalo. The concept on internet packages that they expire is basically a scam. You have to decide how much data you need for trip. With Roamless it carries over so just occasionally charge up. So I leave home and visit 5-6 countries and dint need to touch phone- have internet everywhere

  • smalltoolbigheart 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for travel (multiple countries)

    We used Airalo on our trip to Singapore, South Korea, and Malaysia. I would use Airalo again; it might be a tad bit expensive, but the convenience of it working straightaway when you land in any Asian country would be a blessing in disguise and trust me for those late flights you need it.

    ActivationAsieRapport qualité-prix
  • arddy24 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is 'Roamless' Legit?

    There’s a few people saying Roamless has been good for them in this very thread, and my partner is using Airalo right now with no issues. Starting to think you’re the common denominator? Perhaps an issue with your phone?

  • Sin_In_Silks 🇬🇧

    6 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for bosnia, montenegro & albania?

    If you want something simple that works across all three (Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania), you can look at regional eSIMs that cover the Balkans. Holafly or Airalo both have Balkan-region plans, so you don’t have to swap SIMs as you cross borders. If you’ll be in Albania the longest, Vodafone Albania’s tourist plan is solid and it usually includes roaming in nearby Balkan countries. Telekom Montenegro also sells an eSIM online that includes roaming, but there’s usually a data cap, so it depends how much you use. If your trip is only 10 days and you mostly need maps / WhatsApp / light browsing, the regional eSIM is probably the easiest and least hassle. If you’ll be streaming or tethering a lot, then getting a local SIM in the first country you land in and using its roaming might give you better speeds.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Esim for Switzerland 7 days Unlimited 5g Data

    If you only need data and want something simple, Airalo works well in Switzerland. Activation takes a few minutes and coverage is strong in the cities and on trains. If you prefer something more stable for remote work or maps in the mountains, Holafly offers unlimited data. It is more expensive but the speed stays more consistent. If you want a cheaper option that is still reliable, MaalTalk is also easy to set up. You install the eSIM before your trip and just switch data on when you land. So your choice depends on your usage: * Light use: Airalo * Heavy data or streaming: Holafly * Balanced cost and stability: MaalTalk

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Anyone used 9sim / 9eSIM adapter in Mexico?

    I’ve seen a few people use 9eSIM in Mexico, but the experience really depends on which carrier your phone ends up connecting to. Telcel usually gives the most stable coverage, but some devices on 9eSIM seem to default to Movistar first which can be weaker in some areas. If you do try it, go into your network settings and manually select Telcel if possible. That tends to make the experience way better. Also make sure your phone actually supports multiple eSIM profiles, because some older Androids can read the adapter but fail to register it properly on the network. If you want something more plug-and-play, Airalo or MaalTalk eSIMs have been easier to set up for Mexico (no adapters needed), and work fine with Telcel out of the box.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Europe trip coming up and looking for solid eSIM advice

    If you’re doing Italy first then Switzerland, I’d lean toward getting a Europe wide plan instead of country specific ones. The networks in Italy can vary a bit when you’re outside Rome and Florence, and Switzerland is generally stronger overall, but having one eSIM that hands off between carriers just makes life easier. Holafly is convenient but the speeds can be inconsistent. RedteaGO is cheaper but I’ve seen it slow down during busy hours. If you want something that just works, look for a plan that uses Vodafone or TIM in Italy and Swisscom in Switzerland. Maya Mobile and Airalo’s Europe plans both use those networks depending on the region. If you’re working remotely, I’d avoid unlimited plans that don’t list a speed. Go for something with a stated data amount at full speed then top up if needed. Trains in Switzerland have solid service. Italy can be more hit or miss once you get outside cities so download anything important in advance.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Esim for Brazil 36 days

    For 36 days in Brazil, the easiest option is to start with a 30-day regional eSIM and then top up or renew once. Two good options: 1. Airalo (Brazil – “Brazilsim”) * Works on Vivo network in most cities * You can pick a 5GB or 10GB plan for 30 days, then just renew for the extra days * Setup is very quick and you can install before flying 2. Maya Mobile (Brazil plan) * Also works on good local networks * Offers monthly data plans with easy renewals * If you want to avoid manually topping up, this one is smoother If you want really strong coverage, especially outside big cities, Claro and Vivo are the best carriers. In that case, consider buying a local eSIM once you arrive (very common at airports and phone stores). Simple approach: * Buy 30-day plan (Airalo or Maya Mobile) * When it expires, renew or switch to a local Brazilian eSIM if you need better coverage where you are

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · eSIM recommendations for USA

    Hello. Since you will be in the USA for 1.5 to 2 months, you want something stable and not too expensive. The simplest option is to use an eSIM provider that gives you local US coverage: 1. **Airalo** You can buy a USA eSIM before you travel. It connects you to T Mobile. You choose how much data you need and you can top up easily. It works well for most people who only need mobile data. 2. **Maya Mobile** Also uses US networks and offers unlimited monthly data plans. You can choose a 30 day plan and renew it once. This is often cheaper for longer stays. 3. **US Mobile** (if your phone supports eSIM activation on arrival) This is a real US carrier. You get better speeds and stability. Requires a bit more setup but you get good value. If you need calling and texting inside the US, choose Maya Mobile or US Mobile. If you only need mobile data to use apps and messaging, Airalo is fine. If you tell me which phone you have, I can recommend the best plan for that device.

    États-Unis
  • ry-yo 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/travel · eSIM for iPhone for Europe trip

    IME using Airalo, I didn't get a new phone number when using the eSim, so any 2FA texts (and miscellaneous texts from my friends) still came through to my normal phone number

  • StingeyNinja 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM im Europe

    Airalo has been faultless for me. Well Priced. Good coverage with multiple networks.

    Pas cher
  • Traditional-Swan-130 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Pause my esim?

    No, you can’t pause it once it’s activated. Airalo counts continuous days from the moment the plan starts, even if you’re offline or abroad. Best trick is to activate the China plan only when you actually cross the border from Hong Kong.

    ActivationAsie
  • spruceX 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Hot_Bass_5090 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Objective-Cellist679 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Need help, eSim for China

    There are a bunch of mixed reviews. I’ve tried airalo and holafly in other countries, but it was a headache having to deal with support when my data ran out super fast. For china, I switched to gigsky instead and they were solid in every way: setup, speed and coverage (even in more remote spots). I used expressvpn too for full access. You can test it out for free before buying anything btw.

    Remboursement
  • ahabh999 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Global esim

    I am currently using Flexiroam but have previously used Airalo and Mobimatter as well. All have worked equally well, it has just depended on where I could find best price per GB and countries of coverage at the time I needed to buy. The only noticable difference is if you are going to remote locations in a country (for me this was Saudi and India) where you need to pay attention to the network carriers supported by the esim to make sure you have decent coverage.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Anyone using a portable hotspot with eSIM?

    1 - Yes 2 - Yes, I could not get travel esims to work even within the country the esim is for. If you manage to find a portable hotspot where the software interface allows you to switch roaming on and off then I expect it should work but I haven't been able to verify it yet.

    Hotspot
    r/eSIMs · Anyone using a portable hotspot with eSIM?

    I have tried an esim adapter on a portable hotspot. It only works if the esim is using a local data connection. The problem was with travel esims like Airalo, Nomad, etc. They need data roaming turned on which was not possible on the portable hotspot software interface.

    Hotspot
    r/eSIMs · Europe+Middle East and China esim

    If you are looking for convenience then go for a global esim: Airalo $70 for 20GB and good coverage (their biggest global plan) Jetpac $65 for 30GB but less coverage. E.g. some middle eastern countries not covered like Bahrain, Oman, etc. Nomad is same price as Jetpac but with even less coverage Flexiroam $99 for 30GB with good coverage. They're running a promotion until tomorrow (Oct 24) where this plan is discounted to $65. Mobimatter $64 for 20GB with good coverage. Your best bet is Flexiroam if you are ready to buy now. Of course if you are really looking for lower prices then you may want check individual esims for each country you plan to visit.

  • Advanced-Edge2546 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM option for a week in Japan?

    Coverage and speed will depend on the local operator network. And in most cases, Ohayu eSIM, Airalo, Holafly, and other providers will connect you to the same networks (NTT Docomo Japan or SoftBank Japan). So my advice would be to check the prices and choose what fits you best. I quickly compared the price per 3GB here, and Ohayu, Ubigi, Saily, and Esimplus have the best price here. https://preview.redd.it/5gaf9cd8lqjf1.png?width=1008&format=png&auto=webp&s=3888a4d8895306d9c2e051b8a5fb476fba6b12a2

    Japon
  • digital_explorer1 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for 5 weeks in France

    I am not sure why you would want 30GB or 100GB unless you plan to work outside and plan to attend a lot of video calls or meetings. However, I have summarized some common esim providers and their costs, if it helps: https://preview.redd.it/k83vxomwplef1.png?width=1662&format=png&auto=webp&s=f3595b2d97b61654f175ad89b2f1519a3e309796 In summary, go for Unoroam, if you want flexibility in number of days and cheapest option. Airalo and Saily provides options only for 30 days as you mentioned which is a bummer. Holafly, as I understand has only unlimited pack, if thats what you want for 30 days. Hope this helps for your travel.

    r/eSIMs · eSIM with voice for Germany?

    There are numerous esim providers where you can get a specific amount of data based on your requirement which I guess might be cheaper. If you want both flexibility for number of days and data pack size, unoroam is a good option (also ends up being cheapest). But if you want fixed data or fixed days there are other options like Airalo, Holafly etc.

  • Green-County-3770 🇬🇧

    8 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · XFINITY

    NO! Do not delete the eSIM. Just turn it OFF while you are out of the country. I've done this several times on my phone and my wife's. Once you are back stateside, turn it on and turn off the Airalo eSIM. Then you're back with your "normal" phone provider.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Best E-sim for visiting Turkey.

    Used Airalo a year and a half ago all over Turkey on a 2 week trip and was flawless. Looks like some changes have been made recently regarding local laws so be aware.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Esim for turkey

    May not be the cheapest but I used Airalo in Turkey 1.5 yrs ago and it was flawless. Did a whole country tour all the way to Cappadocia.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · First time using an eSIM

    Just used Airalo in Turkey last year and it worked great! Make sure you turn OFF your primary SIM with your phone number and turn ON your Airalo SIM. Also used What’sApp and it will work with the Airalo SIM seamlessly. Make sure you turn Data Roaming in your Airalo SIM.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Why is Airalo expensive? Is it worth it?

    Not travelled to your areas but my first bad experience with Airalo was in Brussels, Belgium. Could not get a signal just outside the airport so I could not get an Uber (took a taxi instead costing me an extra 15e. Finally got 4G halfway to the city. It was OK at Amsterdam though. Good experience throughout Turkey and Philippines.

    AsieEurope
    r/eSIMs · Travellings to Uk and wanted to install before I left.

    I used Airalo a couple of times (Asia and Turkey) and yes it is very easy to top off using their app. I don't recall Airalo having any unlimited data offerings though. I always purchase and load the eSIM about a week before my trip, then activate when I arrive at my destination. Make sure you turn on "Data Roaming" after activation.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · XFINITY

    Whenever I use Airalo in a foreign country what I do is as follows: just before I board the plane for my trip, on my iPhone, I go to settings-cellular, under eSIM I turn OFF my primary eSIM (AT&T in my case) and turn on the Airalo eSIM. Also make sure Data Roaming is turned on.

    Activation
  • Jealous-Buy5422 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSim recommendations for China

    From my experience, Redteago works pretty well in China compared to many other eSIM providers. Their China data plans offer decent speeds for browsing and messaging.Other eSIM providers like Airalo and Nomad also offer China plans but I found their speeds less consistent in my trips. Redteago strikes a good balance between price, speed, and coverage.For Singapore coverage during your layover, Redteago has multi-country plans including Singapore which is convenient so you don’t need to swap SIMs

    Asie
  • Florida_dreamer_TV 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Mysterious_Basket844 🇬🇧

    10 commentaires analysés

    r/NoContract · Travel eSIM advice

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling , it worked perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code ABDALL6368 when you sign up or check out. https://ref.airalo.com/HvjK

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe travel?

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling , it worked perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code ABDALL6368 when you sign up or check out. https://ref.airalo.com/HvjK

    r/eSIMs · Need a esim recommendation

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling , it worked perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code ABDALL6368 when you sign up or check out.

    r/eSIMs · eSim recommendation

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling , it worked perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code ABDALL6368 when you sign up or check out.

    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM app for International travel?

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling , it worked perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code ABDALL6368 when you sign up or check out.

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM compatible with most countries?

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling . It works perfectly , you have the option to choose global or europe countries which covers most countries . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code FIRAS9743 when you sign up or check out https://ref.airalo.com/241e

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Best Esim for Korea and Taiwan

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling . It work perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code FIRAS9743 when you sign up or check out https://ref.airalo.com/241e

    r/eSIMs · Esim that offers access to Turkcell esim in Turkiye

    I used Airalo in istanbul and it is connected to Turk telekom (Avea) 5G . It worked perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code FIRAS9743 when you sign up or check out https://ref.airalo.com/241e

    AsieEurope
    r/eSIMs · Best esims for Thailand

    I used Airalo in Thailand many times , it works perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code ABDALL6368 when you sign up or check out. https://ref.airalo.com/HvjK

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Which eSim is best?

    I used Airalo in many countries , it works perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code ABDALL6368 when you sign up or check out. https://ref.airalo.com/HvjK

  • ilovetoyap 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Recommendations for "simulated" eSIMs for Japan?

    Maybe you have better luck than me but I couldn't get Airalo to work on an esim adapter or natively at all in Japan. I did use Saily on both here no problem. Roamless also works here on both but is not a great value.

    ActivationJapon
    r/eSIMs · Should I use ubigi or airola

    Ymmv but I used both and could never get Airalo to work. Ubigi was fine and their option to show a US IP even when I was in JP also worked. Other than that I used Nomad and Saily without problems.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Hit eSIM limit on OnePlus Open (12)

    I did. But because Airalo failed to install it won't reinstall as it thinks it's already installed. After a few chats they sent me a new esim. Haven't tried it yet after making room.

    ActivationRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Hit eSIM limit on OnePlus Open (12)

    Could be just Airalo misreporting. Their support is insistent their SIM is installed on my phone 'somewhere' and hence want me to hunt and peck through a dozen eSIMs proving its not one of them. Problem is my OnePlus Open doesn't display ICCID on the internal eSIM (just on the 9eSIM I use). Think the easiest option is to setup a _new_Airalo account and use the QR code way to install on my 9eSIM.

    ActivationRemboursement
  • Vybo 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Travelling to India with a 3 day layover in Dubai, looking for data mostly.

    The other caveat is that you have to scan your passport and give quite a lot of info to the sim operator. You might argue that the country already has all info about you, but this process takes some time and you legitimely open an account with the company (even if it's free), which I didn't like. With apps like Airalo, you just buy the card, install it and that's it. No contract work, no signing of stuff.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Explain Data ESIM to me like I am a 5 year old.

    What others already wrote: With data esim, no phone calls and messages are available. The esim does not even have a phone number associated with it. Just pure data. Your phone has to be unlocked to be used with any carrier. If you need phone calls and texts, but not for your existing number, you have to buy the sim locally. Can be eSIM, but not through Airalo or some other apps. They are usually sold in supermarkets and many other places for the price you get it precharged, so effectively free if you use the pre-charged amount to buy a data package. What I don't see here yet: That esim is completely separate from your own carrier sim that you already have. If you don't call someone by mistake using your carrier, your carrier cannot charge you anything. The esim will run on European carrier. If it's German carrier, you can use it anywhere in the EU for no extra costs. To sum it up: If you have phone with multiple sim functionality, you can run both at the same time, but you must be absolutely sure to not call anyone using your own sim, as that would use your carrrier and you would be charged roaming prices. If your phone does not have dual sim functionality, your own sim will be temporarily disabled and you won't be able to receive calls and texts for your number. If you don't trust yourself to not call/text anyone using your sim, you can also temporarily disable it. If it's normal SIM, just take it out, if it's an esim, there will be option to turn it off in the settings and it won't disappear if you don't delete it.

  • prazeros 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIMs for Japan

    I just did almost 3 weeks in Japan and used Sim Local the whole time. Worked great, no issues. I downloaded the eSIM at Narita while waiting for my bag. It connected in like... 30 seconds? Pretty sure I paid around €25 for 20GB or something close. Way cheaper than what I saw on Airalo, and the speeds were solid everywhere, even on trains or out in random countryside towns. I think they hook you up with a local Japanese network (maybe SoftBank?), so it doesn’t feel like roaming. I also used hotspot for work calls and streaming with no problem. Didn’t have to think about data once, which is honestly the goal.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Saily vs Airalo for travel to the uk

    I used Sim Local when I was in London a couple weeks ago, just grabbed a UK-only plan, think it was like £15 or so for 30GB? It was solid. I didn’t even think about data the whole trip, just set it up at the airport and forgot about it. Tbh I’ve used Airalo before too (in Spain), and it was fine, but felt kinda slower sometimes, especially in busy areas. Sim Local felt more “native” if that makes sense? Like it was just snappier overall. Haven’t tried Saily but if you’re sticking to the UK, this worked great for me. I was hotspotting to my laptop half the time too with no issues.

    Europe
  • VladimirSmolnik 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · 5ber eSIM

    Airalo issues a new esim for each purchase. Maybe you should consider a different esim provider for Türkiye and use one of those with one esim concept.

    ActivationAsie
  • ladym_mo 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Holiday 2 esims whatsapp

    I use Airalo in Albania then still have my UK physical sim in but with roaming off so I can still get my SMS especially for OTPs for 2 Factor authentications for the bank especially when am booking stuff where Apple Pay not an option

    Europe
  • nicebrah 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo 101: Why I chose Airalo and how to save $3 then 20% off

    I did Orange while I traveled to the UK and the EU for a couple weeks. They had a great promo of $45 for 100GB Data and Voice. Solid reliable network throughout my trip. Other eSIMs like Airalo would’ve been over $100 for just the data alone. Holafly would’ve been $50 for unlimited but their “unlimited” gets throttled pretty fast supposedly. If I had opted for Verizon TravelPass, it would’ve costed me $130. Albeit that option would’ve been the least headache.

    Europe
  • richard_travelgoogoo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · How to become seller/reseller of Esim?

    It depends on what you want to do, and how you want to do it. 1. You can approach 1-2 mobile network operators who offer wholesale roaming eg. Telefonica. Or you can go to the next tier like what Vi7468 suggested. Typically these companies can offer you roaming connectivity to multiple destinations in the world. 2. Alternatively, you can select a few key destinations and approach the local provider eg. DTAC in Thailand for them to cut you a local eSIM plan that comes with local voice and data. Airalo used to do that for their Thailand destination. In either case, you may be asked to commit to a minimum order volume or pay upfront. This sorts out your supply side of things. The other area you need to look at is demand-generation. It's a competitive market and you need to develop your own game plan as to how you want to distribute your eSIMs. Some channels charge 15-18% as a commission for each transacted sale on their ecommerce platforms. Hope that helps.

    Asie
  • mgcarley 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travelling to India with a 3 day layover in Dubai, looking for data mostly.

    They already have that information anyway since its done *at passport control* (unless you are eligible to use the e-gates). So in this particular case, it's kind of there with the operator whether you like it or not. The difference in time taken to clear immigration is determined by whether I'm going through an e-gate versus going through an officer, meaning how long I am waiting in the appropriate line and how many people who are being given the third degree because they don't have as atrong of a passport as I do (so basically, depends on whether I have my kid with me or not). There is no additional account opening, no contract, when you activate the SIM, you send your month and year of birth as a message, and thats about it - roughly the same level of complication as the process with Airalo or indeed, even buying from myself (which I do if my stopover in UAE is only going to be over 24h because additional time/data is cheaper than buying it from Du), otherwise, why not take advantage of 10 free gigs? Similarly, I was in Fiji a couple weeks ago and both Vodafone and Digicel offer up 2GB for free upon arrival (but it's optional, and yes, you have to go in and get it) - I went and got a 20GB plan instead for about maybe $6 USD for 5 days. The next step up was like 75GB for $12 or $13. Why is this being mentioned? All the Esim providers, including what I have, are charging something like $15/GB for Fiji (and presumably other pacific islands) which is ridiculous, and, potentially, something for me to look in to (but it could also be argued that the demand isn't really there).

    ActivationAsie
  • Gregib 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • pratikaar8 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Raghav-Rajpal 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Looking for recommendations in the UK

    Saily seems to best when you look at coverage + prices. The network and eSIMs from Saily are provided as a white label by the company 1GLOBAL [https://www.1global.com/telco-as-a-service](https://www.1global.com/telco-as-a-service) If you're anyways leaning towards Saily, check their plans directly: If you're travelling for business: [https://www.1global.com/enterprise](https://www.1global.com/enterprise) If you're travelling privately: [https://www.betterroaming.com/](https://www.betterroaming.com/) Since they also offer 5G coverage in the UK, this actually might be a nice choice. Airalo is also a nice choice and are quite competitive, but can't guarantee you a 5G always see [https://www.airalo.com/help/using-managing-esims/ZSEEHBT5HW6F/can-i-use-5g-with-my-esim/2JRSS0KBKZZB?srsltid=AfmBOopkaZwks\_\_L3Vt7HcU2xwUhW5JzPHpuyEENDD2t\_gVTn\_1TPI4v](https://www.airalo.com/help/using-managing-esims/ZSEEHBT5HW6F/can-i-use-5g-with-my-esim/2JRSS0KBKZZB?srsltid=AfmBOopkaZwks__L3Vt7HcU2xwUhW5JzPHpuyEENDD2t_gVTn_1TPI4v)

    Pas cher
  • gadgetpilot 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • sofuca 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSim for China!

    I’ve been using Airalo for a week with full access to everything, no vpn required. Currently using reddit on 5G

  • BasicVacation7212 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • animec 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · most reliable alternative to jetpac in Toronto

    At least 2GB but preferably more... I got too greedy I guess. In a fit of rage, I got an Airalo eSIM 2GB 15 days for just under $10 and it connected instantly to one of the Rogers networks, so far so good.  I had issues with Airalo when I used their eSIM in India last year so

    Asie
  • GavinnM 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Is Jetpac eSIM very unrelable in Kyoto and Osaka, Japan?

    Unfortunately, JetPac has only one operator included in your package. Otherwise, I would have suggested that you try to specify a different network manually. Otherwise, I can confirm that Ubigi and Airalo have already been used by family and friends of mine and the experience has been very good.

    r/eSIMs · best eSIM option - travelling to canada

    Airalo is indeed a well-known solution, but I think it's rather expensive in Canada. I recommend eSIMGo from MobiMatter. [https://mobimatter.com/fr/esim-canada](https://mobimatter.com/fr/esim-canada)

    r/eSIMs · best e-sim for central America

    The countries in Central America and some in South America tend to be quite expensive. I would purchase Airalo through MobiMatter, as it is cheaper than buying directly from Airalo. [https://mobimatter.com/fr/esim-guatemala?selected=GT%2CSV%2CPA%2CMX%2CCO](https://mobimatter.com/fr/esim-guatemala?selected=GT%2CSV%2CPA%2CMX%2CCO)

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Asia Travel: Nomad vs Airalo vs Ubigi

    I’ve used Airalo and Ubigi in Japan, and both worked well. It’s important to note that experiences can vary depending on when you purchase the eSIM, as mobile network providers can change, which may affect coverage and performance.

    Japon
  • Double-Landscape6362 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · italy mobimatter

    I think we are misunderstanding each other. Of course you can install new eSIMs from Airalo, Alo and BNESIM. What I'm referring to is the information on their respective websites that clearly say that you can't reinstall their eSIM once deleted. Airalo even made a video on that subject. BNESIM can be reinstalled only since a few months, older profiles can't. All local operators that I use don't allow reinstallation, they hide themselves behind the mandatory KYC and charge you extra for issuing a new QR code. Maybe that's different in Canada but in Asia it certainly is like that. With special offers I intend offers like the past 11.11. double top up offer from BNESIM that was valid only for top ups, not for purchases of new eSIMs. If you didn't have your profile installed anymore you needed to first buy a new eSIM at full price and then top it up. I know that many people like to "clean up" their phone as soon as possible by deleting any unused profile but there are also many others who use a physical eSIM from 9esim that can hold up to 50 profiles in an iPhone (not the USA version but the global one) which already has eSIM capability, because they can't get enough. 9esim produced a special version that can be used inside an iPhone, all other physical adapters can't. So there definitely is a market for that. Anyway, I don't want to force anybody to keep his used profiles, just wanted to provide reasons why keeping them might be useful.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · italy mobimatter

    Well, i use a few local operator's prepaid eSIMs and none of them can be reinstalled. From your above example Airalo and Alo can't be reinstalled either. Here's the official Airalo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrhKnOsqjS0 And BNESIM can be reinstalled only since a few months, before you needed to contact support and pay 1 Euro. At one point I had 27 profiles on my 9esim card installed with BNESIM being the leader of the pack. Only from them I have 7 profiles with no expiry of different countries installed, all bought during their Black Friday offer. Having said that I personally find it more comfortable to keep the eSIMs and just not activate them when not in use rather than search for the old QR code when I'll need them in the future, but everybody is different.

    Activation
  • Additional-Car-9746 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is esim.me legit?

    eSIM.me worked well using eSIMs from Roamless, Airalo and Jetpac but was killed when I tried to install an eSIM from Sim Local.

  • stochethit 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Lycamobile UK Cx Nightmare

    Every successful activation outside UK I saw for Lyca involved a VPN. In any case, Airalo will probably work fine, it's just overpriced for what you get.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · From one traveler to another: Avoid Airalo.

    The main problem I have with Airalo is that it's really overpriced for what it offers, but what exactly was your experience that was so awful that it turned every redditor into a fake account, and you into a customer service bot?

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Uk number outside of the UK

    absolutely. also, airalo tends to be overpriced for what you get, I would suggest looking into cheaper options. btw, with giffgaff receiving sms is free so if you're not sending sms I would top up by the minimum amount. just make sure to send an sms or top up once every six months to avoid them turning off your account.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • scottr9870 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM advice for travelling to the United States

    Tello sounds like the perfect solution for me. I will be in Belen New Mexico. From my understanding, T-Mobile works really well in that city but I do not know about AT&T. I did have their go phone prepaid solution last time I was in the United States this is before eSIM was available however, I will take a look at Tello. Do you know if the eSIM four Tello activates as soon as you purchase the eSIM or is it like Airalo and the service becomes active when you land in the United States.

    ActivationÉtats-Unis
  • Inside-Minute-409 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM in Mexico

    I use airalo and it works well. You can do the whole thing through the app. I messed up doing the qr thing and they fixed me up in like ten minutes. They are kind and it works.

    ActivationRemboursement
  • Zestyclose-Leg-8216 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • reallyliberal 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Hola Fly activation

    That I get but Airalo lets you install a eSIM and activate when you arrive. Holafly website says you can do the same but in reality it tries to activate at install… so I had to waste time chatting with them to find out even though it said it was activated it really wasn’t until I turn on Roaming. I just find the setup process much more convoluted and complicated than it needs to be. It’s as if they want you to chat with their support rather than making it dead simple.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Hola Fly activation

    Yeah I figured they were doing a flow that was simplest for them… that generally costs much more for them than doing it the harder right way. I am using them because I am traveling for 2 months and wanted unlimited. Will use Airalo or similar for shorter trips.

  • NoAttention5769 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Airalo process

    Airalo (or any eSIM out there) are data only, meaning you can only use data. No phone number, no calling. However, you can still use your primary phone number to make calls and messages. This will cost you roaming charges though. You need to turn on the data roaming on your Airalo eSIM for it to work.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Airalo process

    Then you'll incur roaming charges for calls and SMS on your primary number. Once you enable the primary number, your local operator detects it is present in a different country than your departing country and enables roaming automatically. Companieslike Airalo provide data only eSIM.

  • dfw_mahjong 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is it better to just buy three local SIMs?

    I was in China/HK/Taiwan for about 2 week around Spring 2024, I got an Asia package eSim from Airalo, works quite well, but your phone need to be unlock and allows eSim. personally I find eSim so much easier because you can just turn on and off a eSim (if you have more than couple). Good luck!

    Asie
  • Adorable_Yam476 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Europe

    I just spent a week in the Netherlands and Belgium and had great data speeds and coverage with the Airalo esim. It didn’t come with calling or a number, but most esims are just data anyway and you can use WhatsApp for calls and texting. I purchased 20 GB for about $40, which was way more than I needed (I used less than 5 GB for the week since there was accessible wifi in many places). First-time esim buyers get 20% off.

    Europe
  • Impozzible_Pop 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • curious_mitochondria 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Saily vs Airalo

    I found that airalo worked best. I have a pixel 6 pro. they're pretty affordable too. You can use my referral code for $5 off - PAULIN8013

    Pas cher
  • ElButchero25 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Esim search tool which shows you roaming providers?

    I don’t think there is a comparison tool of all providers, but on this link you find the networks per provider if available: [https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-australia/](https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-australia/) some are optus, but I also see Nomad and Airalo using other networks. You could also check [https://www.nperf.com/en/map/AU/-/-/](https://www.nperf.com/en/map/AU/-/-/) for network coverage and speeds available per region. just a heads up: off the beaten path might mean less coverage at all, whether you use an esim or a local sim card. Good luck!

    r/eSIMs · Recommend esim for USA mexico?

    You can check plans through a comparison website like [https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-north-america/](https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-north-america/) . That covers both US and Mexico. Airalo, Saily and Nomad all allow tethering and are reputable providers.

    HotspotÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Airalo in Aruba

    iMessage uses mobile internet/wifi to sends it messages as long as it stays connected to your apple ID, so it should work when you buy an esim with just data (and leave your original physical sim card in your iphone). You are not limited to Airalo or 1GB, but use a comparison website like [https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-aruba/](https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-aruba/) or [esimdb.com](http://esimdb.com) to find more providers with different amounts of data and prices. It seems Saily has one of the better deals for 3GB and is quite cheaper than Airalo in this case. Good luck!

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for Saudi Arabia recommendations?

    I think both Saily and Nomad are reputable providers, just as i.e. Airalo. They all use the same network (Zain) to offer their services, so the experience should be similar. I often use a comparison website like [https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-saudi-arabia/](https://www.thebestesims.com/esim-saudi-arabia/) to check for the best price because I think thats the only difference you're going to get for SA. Good luck!

    Asie
  • Last-Use3131 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo in Aruba

    Thank you! I just got back yesterday and used Airalo. It worked great, although I was a bit confused about the settings I had to change. It worked well for me but even though I changed the same settings on my mom’s phone, she got a text from Verizon the first evening we were there. It said something about how she had a bank of 12 days free from them for international usage. I’m not sure how they located her in Aruba since I turned off that cellular line and roaming. We did check her data usage on the eSIM and it was coming out of that so I’m not sure if verizon also took days out of the international “bank”. I have Verizon also and didn’t get any messages from them. Thank you for charging that link to compare prices. I will certainly use that next time I travel internationally!

    Activation
  • palmplex 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What esim is better for traveling in europe?

    Reposted without link ! If you want a eSim where the data never expires and the phone app provides cheap outgoing phone calls , and it automatically covers about 160 countries, I can recommend Roamless. Most of Europe the data price is USD2.45 per GB. But as the data never expires you don't have to worry. I'm not sure if allowed but I have a referral link that gives you a free GB or so . I also use it as a backup in my home country as a 2nd sim . They have multiple agreements in many countries so you get to choose the best signal at any one time. Once you set up an account via the Web, you then install the phone app ( this also allows phone calls using your credit) . Once you've logged in via the phone app you'll get a USD$3 credit to use , (once you've added a bit of credit of your own) I added $5 , so ended up with $8 of credit so about 3GB equivalent. I have an Roamless eSim in my car and on my phone . At the moment you can only have one email address per eSim account so I used my other email address. They will eventually allow multiple Roamless eSims under one account I was told. (I've also used NOMAD and Airalo but for some reason had an issue with the APN settings on them but got it to work eventually, they worked fine too but they don't have the unique phone calling feature to real phone numbers)

    Activation
  • mlfabb 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for India?

    I used Jetpack for the whole month of Oct and it was awesome. The only bad thing is that its data only and sometimes you need a real indian phone number for some things (ordering food delivery, wifi in airports, etc), so if you don't mind the hassle try to get SIM in airport. But jetpac is a great alternative. My friend use airalo in summer (in Aurangabad + Mumbai) and said it was not great at all. Lots of times it would not connect or very slow.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs SimsDirect - Travel to India

    Airalo can be bad in India due to latency reaching Europe where all traffic is routes. I am in India and have uses jetpac and nomad and both way better. Jetpac routes through sg

    Asie
  • stryfe14 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for India?

    I've used an eSim from Airalo in the past without any issues. It did the job - just for basic data usage especially for using Uber when out and WhatsApp messaging

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for India?

    I've used an eSim from Airalo in the past without any issues. It did the job - just for basic data usage especially for using Uber when out and WhatsApp messaging

  • sleazywookie 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Airalo

    turn on data roaming. i know it sounds odd but it will work with data roaming enabled - data roaming for Airalo specifical.

    Activation
  • catafeidi 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Use this application to Find best local eSIM by Country

    I may not have expressed it clearly or correctly. What I meant to convey is that international eSIM providers can be a viable option for short visits, where 1-2GB might be sufficient, even if it comes at a higher price. However, for those needing larger data plans, especially for digital nomads or more remote work, international eSIM providers are significantly expensive. In these cases, I do believe local eSIM options offer much better value. While it can sometimes take a bit more to purchase a local eSIM through official local network providers, these processes are often straightforward and user-friendly, with clear step-by-step procedures. It is indeed, more convenient just to press a single click on Airalo(for example) and get the QR code, but getting a local eSIM may only require one or two additional steps. In fact, for certain countries, even short trips have better local eSIM plans than international eSIM providers. Regarding how handful you are, I think that people are generally more tech-savvy now, many are accustomed to paying bills online, using card payments, etc.. I just think it is very difficult or challenging to find local eSIMs because international eSIM providers dominate online advertising so it is hard to discover or you don't even see at all the local eSIM providers to check if it is simple to buy or not through them.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Can the 5ber physical esim be used in any travel/pocket wifi routers?

    Yes, you can use it as 4G. I do have a 5ber SIM card and I'm downloading eSIM cards and works as expected in any travel router. I would also recommend you to buy eSIM only from local providers. I already found a bunch of local providers were the price is much more affordable than buying from expensive international eSIM providers like airalo, mobimatter, etc... You can check the local eSIM by country here [https://findlocalesim.com](https://findlocalesim.com) Maybe you find available one, if not, then of course you have to buy either physical SIM or via international eSIM providers, unfortunately not all countries have local providers for prepaid eSIM cads. The app I mentioned is built by me and I already incorporated a lot of local eSIMs from local providers in the countries I have visited and worked from. I am also a digital nomad. I hope it is going to be useful for you.

  • kafkaonashore 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Prestigious_Treat401 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • bbadger16 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Europe plan

    Airalo has eSIMs by region as well. They have a Europe eSIM

    Europe
  • astring9 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · A little confused about esim vs physical

    I don't know where you find the information that esim is more expensive. If a carrier provides both, they usually are the same price. What is more expensive is roaming. Esims like airalo is roaming, while physical sims you get locally is not, so it tends to be cheaper. But keep in mind sim cards sold at airports are usually tourist sim cards with jacked up prices. With a local non-tourist sim card, you will get much better price for the same amount of data compared to roaming esims like airalo.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Honest_Bank8890 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • europeanguy99 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • thetravellingfisher 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best Esim for Korea and Taiwan

    Use eSIMdb.com, they have all the top plans. Personally I use Roamify, generally the cheapest and have solid speed https://www.getroamify.com Airalo is also good, but more expensive

  • lordwonko 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Don't use Saily in Japan

    Just to be 100% sure, with having the eSIM activated, did you check that 'Data Roaming' is enabled? I had some issues with Nomad and Airalo initially, which was fixed by enabling the setting for both. Otherwise, yeah, those speeds are definitely not usable at all!

    Activation
  • unicorn_bff 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · E sim/ sim per 8 giorni

    Honestly i used airlo esim never been disappointed Fair deal as you have data the second you land till whatever time you need Really helped navigating out of the airport Here is a discount code you get $3 off AFRAHA7228 That’s what i did

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • IntroductionLucky887 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Review of Airalo Japan

    Iphone 16pro. Yes the APN is set auto, but it still didn't connect and followed all the Ai Bots suggesttions

    ActivationRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Review of Airalo Japan

    when you install the esim and it prefills the apn fields, and they say just switch it on in the country of use, how is that a skill issue?

    Activation
  • eirinn1975 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • lateambience 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · E sims for 3 weeks travel

    The thing is, it's not Trip.com being cheap, it's the others being expensive. The data is cheap wholesale, the difference is markup and business model. Trip.com sells eSIM at near zero profit or even as a loss leader. Once you've created a Trip.com account you become a potential customer for flights and hotels and that's where they make their money. Airalo or Holafly can't do that because their business model *is* eSIMs so they need to make profits on that. Trip.com Group is also a Chinese company making billions of revenue while a company like Airalo makes a couple hundred millions. So Trip com can operate on a much bigger scale and probably has better carrier relationships. That being said, I've used both Airalo and Trip.com eSIMs in the past, both single countries and "Asia" data plans when I was going to more than one country and I haven't had issues with any of them. I now usually go with Trip.com because it's so much cheaper and so far I've never had any issues.

    Asie
  • DogDog2025 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Review of Airalo Japan

    Using iPhone 16 and also currently in Japan using an Airalo e-sim. I had to install manually but am finding the data is not as quick (despite mostly connecting to au's 5G network) and Apple Maps is not as accurace (phone think's I'm a few streets away and walking in the opposite direction etc) compared to the Roamify e-sim I used here last year on the same device which was seamless and included a phone number despite it not being advertised as it being included.

    ActivationJapon
  • Commercial_Cook100 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best sim for a 20 day trip (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka)

    For 3 days you really don't need anything fancy. Airalo works fine for Italy, I've used their Europe regional plan there before. Nomad is solid too tbh. Just double check the hotspot thing because some plans restrict tethering and that's annoying to find out after you land. If you care about not handing over personal info to sign up, Cypher eSIM lets you buy with crypto and no account needed... worked for me on a short trip. But for a basic 3 day thing any of those should be fine

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Tanzania with unlimited data

    For Tanzania specifically I'd check what each provider actually means by "unlimited"... some throttle you after like 1-2GB daily which is annoying if you're uploading safari pics or whatever. I used airalo for east africa before and it was fine, not blazing fast but reliable enough. Holafly does true unlimited on paper but coverage can be spotty outside major cities. If you care about privacy at all, Cypher eSIM is worth looking at too... no account needed, pay w crypto, had decent Tanzania plans last i checked.

    r/eSIMs · Greece eSim

    Alpine I haven't used personally so can't vouch for it. For Greece specifically I used Airalo last year and it was fine, nothing special but worked. If you care about not handing over your email/ID just to get data, Cypher eSIM is worth a look... paid with crypto, got the QR code in like a minute through their telegram bot. Had a local plan for cheap too. 12 days in Crete tho, you're gonna love it. Chania is unreal

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Can I use esim as hotspot to connect to my work laptop?

    Yeah this works fine, I do it all the time when traveling for work. Hotspot is way better than hotel wifi security-wise so good call there. One thing tho... skip Holafly for hotspot use, they explicitly don't allow tethering on most plans. Read the fine print. Airalo works but you need an account w/ email etc. If you want something more no-fuss I've been using Cypher eSIM lately, no signup needed and they have decent SEA plans. Just make sure whatever you pick actually allows hotspot/tethering before you buy.

    ActivationHotspot
    r/eSIMs · E-sim questions (Europe-Morocco)

    Yeah you can totally swap between eSIMs on the iPhone 16. Just go to settings > cellular and toggle which line is active. I did exactly this... europe esim, swapped to a local one mid-trip, swapped back. No issues. For data, 10-15GB per 30 days is fine unless you're streaming a lot. For Morocco specifically I'd grab a separate local plan. If you care about not handing over your passport for a sim, Cypher eSIM worked for me there, no signup needed. For europe Airalo is solid too.

    Europe
  • portugamerifinn 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Holafly reviews from people who've actually used it recently?

    In a country where it's easy to just grab a data sim at the airport from a trusted provider, I do that. I would assume that's the case around Europe, but have only done that in Finland and Portugal. In Mexico last year, I used Holafly for the first time and it was seamless. Set it up in advance, it worked once there and I was able to use my phone to transfer money on a catamaran between Cancun and Isla Mujeres. It'll be what I use next time I need an e-sim. Easy setup, seamless service. Prior to that, I'd tried Airalo in Antigua. On the same iPhone as Mexico, the setup was a more clunky and the service ultimately didn't work at all.

    Activation
  • ChKOzone_ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • HannaTripW 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • tangaroo58 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · eSIM vs portable wifi

    For texts, it depends on your phone and home carrier. I had no trouble receiving 2FA texts from Australia, without any roaming. iPhone, two esims: one my regular home one and one Airalo.

  • yow_central 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/JapanTravelTips · eSIM vs portable wifi

    I used Airlo (eSIM) and it was seamless. If you have multiple people in your group, I still think it’s better for you all to have your own connectivity. You can even choose different providers as some may have better coverage than others in places. Having everyone rely on a single box you carry around and have to charge just sounds like a pain.

  • mdchachi 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · eSIM vs portable wifi

    I used to get a portable wifi but have gone with an Airalo eSim the last several years. That are not that many cases where a wifi hotspot makes more sense in my opinion. Even with the eSim, I can use my PC via the phone as a hot spot. These days, I'd probably only get a hotspot if I was on a business trip and had to provide connectivity for everybody in the meeting room. Or maybe if I was going with my family and needed connectivity for a variety of devices.

    Hotspot
  • TucsonPTFC 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · eSIM vs portable wifi

    First time I went to Japan I did the portable WiFi. I travel a shit ton internationally for work now and I will only use an eSIM. The portable hot spot is bulky and needs to be charged. My airalo esim was a fraction of the price and signal was better. Esim all the way for me.

    JaponPas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • TravelInward 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · First trip to Japan – Tokyo, Mt. Fuji area and Osaka

    When in Tokyo, do a day trip to Hakone. If you are lucky, you will get some amazing views of Mt. Fuji. If it is covered by clouds, you will still have so much to do, that you will not feel like you have wasted the day. I have always used Arialo and it has not let me down. Important thing to understand: none of these companies have their own networks. They are basically gateways to connect to major networks - in Airalo's case, it is SoftBank. If you research deep enough, you should be able to identify the network each of these vendors is connecting to. So, essentially, you are buying the same service no matter which company you go with, just like booking the same hotel through different OTAs. You can always ship your luggage to your next destination. It is affordable and a very common practice among tourists in Japan. Just check with your hotel reception - they will do all the paperwork, as they are in Japanese.

    Japon
  • Nervous_Initial_3644 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · First trip to Japan – Tokyo, Mt. Fuji area and Osaka

    Fuji is seen when it wants to be seen. Ubigi and Airalo are probably the two most mentioned esims here. Type eSIMs in the search and you’ll see the top comments on those threads are always those two, so not sure why you think others get recommended more often. There’s no tangible difference. Stuff happens sometimes but that’s kinda luck based than carrier based.

  • Background-Radio-760 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Was given a free physical sim from UKvisa application for study abroad. How do i change it to an esim?

    Depends on provider. Since it's from UK visa application, I guess it's Lyca or Lebara. Both supports eSIMs. Just contact the support team and ask for an eSIM replacement. They’ll normally send you a QR code. If you just need data for the UK and don’t care about keeping that exact number, you could also skip the process and get a travel eSIM like Jetpac, Airalo, or Nomad.

    Europe
  • sstdk 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravel · eSIM

    We used Airalo. Four people, two weeks, 20 GB each. Teenagers used around 80% of that, adults a bit less. Excellent coverage, no issues.

  • Sfmusic2000 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravel · eSIM

    I’ve used Airalo several times in Japan without any issues. Last time was this past July.

    Japon
  • SteveNewWest 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravel · eSIM

    I am currently in Japan and have the Airolo eSIM. It is working fine

    Japon
  • YVRBeerFan 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Yodazilla42 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravel · eSIM

    As others have noted, the biggest thing with eSIM is that your phone has to be unlocked. Carriers will unlock your phone if you leased it through them…but only if you’ve paid it off. My wife and I used Airalo earlier this year. Super easy, they had an unlimited plan which was nice, and it was 5G almost all the time. I would spring for an unlimited plan because it’s, like, not that much more expensive and you don’t have to worry about running out of data in a country where you don’t speak the language.

    Illimité
  • Designer_Safe1115 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Mobilematter vs Airalo for UK + Balkans

    Thank you! I did look up different providers (Holafly, yessim, Saily, Nomads and others) and the only thing is most of their plans don’t include the countries I’m visiting in their regional plan (ex: an Europe plan doesn’t include the non-EU countries), whereas Airalo and MobiMatter have an existing plan. Can you share which providers you had in mind?

    Europe
  • alefeusch 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Still_Coffee_5387 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/digitalnomad · Multi European country eSIM with mobile hotspot?

    Thanks for the detailed info! For calls I plan on taking them at the hotel so I’ll have a wifi connection then. The hotspot is more so for work emergencies if I’m out and about and need to go online asap. For the per country tourist SIM, can I install it a day in advance like I would when I use airalo or those other travel esim providers?

    Activation
  • elventhor 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/digitalnomad · Multi European country eSIM with mobile hotspot?

    I would actually suggest getting a tourist SIM from all of those countries. You can usually get one for a week with plenty of data (and all EU sims will give you data in all EU countries) and have no worries about hotspotting. The added benefit will be local termination which just means faster. Then you can get some limited data airalo or such as a backup for the whole trip and for the first day in new town before you got your local sim.

    Europe
  • RobbieAnalog 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • JustASmartLeo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travelling to Europe for 12 days, need help deciding on an esim

    Airalo and Saily ride on brand value and charge high for those same packages which many like ZetSIM, Superalink give at a very low price. I used ZetSIM unlimited packs with 2GB per day and FUP of 512kbps after 2GB is done. I first took it for France and then did a top up for Spain. For me, the best part was their customer care, when I had to top up.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Aggravating-Path494 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for China

    I'm currently in China, and Nomad was the cheapest by far. The internet access was similar with the other 4 eSIMs i used here (Airalo, Saily, 1 from BUNQ and 1 from Revolut). I didn't buy the unlimited plan, since that one was capped at 3GB per day (with all the providers), so i just kept buying the 50GB plan. And nomad was best for that! Referral code: NVEGZOCENPPA for 7USD off

    AsieIllimité
  • bee-autiful-world 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • dgbermudez 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Brum246 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · UK/EU cheaper than UK alone?

    Proved my point. Except for Africa, Esims are pretty widespread for most domestic networks worldwide. Virtually, always at a cheaper price than company such Airalo. Not hard to Google what the best local sim in a country. Also, Airalo are the most overpriced, overrated in the industry again shows the woeful research.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Novel-Guarantee-1106 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best ESim

    Find a tourist/prepaid esim from any of Prague''s local networks. Usually cheaper and better value for money than those airalo multi network sims or whatever theyre called.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • Miserable_Skill_8884 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Holiday_Jump_4746 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • asolovey 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · First time in Japan, completely lost on which eSIM to pick?

    A good thing about Japan is that they have a local operator, i believe, their name is KDDI, that offers quite good unlimited plans, also with hotspot (this thing comes with limitations, though). So look for those eSIM providers that use them under the hood, Airalo, Saily, Awinst Connect, whatever, compare their packages and select the one that fits best to your trip length.

    Japon
  • Dynamite_Shovels 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · 6 months SEA travel

    Am currently doing it with a 40l, I doubt a 50l is much more to be honest. Compression bags, electronics (got a hefty camera which takes up a fair bit so you could fit more in), probably enough clothes for about a week before needing the coin laundry. You sound pretty set honestly. We also brought a laundry wash bag and some detergent sheets that has currently lasted the entire trip - 90% of the time you can find laundry where you are but sometimes if you need some emergency wash then that sort of thing might help. We checked the bag in for any flight we took because we couldn't be arsed with the 'will it won't it' stress of fitting it as carry on. Tried to avoid flying as much as possible though. Airalo has honestly been banging; it's done the job in South Korea, Japan, China( very slow there though), HK, Vietnam, Cambodia and now Thailand. I would assume it's good in Laos. Pretty much no coverage issues unless you're going mega into the wilderness. I think it's a little bit pricier than other esims but it's been worth it.

    AsieJaponRapport qualité-prix
  • tzigi 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • NBAFAN9000 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • SnooWords3654 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • post-pjca 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • wYsock 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • dumplingwrestler 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • No_Cap_6806 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • avebelle 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Loop-Hawl 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Professional_Clue271 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Japcork24 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • fantecto 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • haakonhawk 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · First time in Japan, completely lost on which eSIM to pick?

    **Just pick one.** Airalo, Saily, Ubigi, Holafly, whatever. It doesn't matter. They're the *same thing*. People seem to think these apps are mobile providers in their own right. *They're not*, they're **resellers**. So whichever you pick, the actual network you're going to connect to and the actual coverage you get is going to be the same. Their prices and plans may differ *a little*, but not enough to spend time researching every single one and being "completely lost" afterwards. If what you care about is staying connected, then it does NOT matter which *global* app you choose to buy your eSIM from. It's like asking whether you should buy your new PS5 from eBay or Amazon. It doesn't matter. Because it's the same product.

  • AdditionalActuary865 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • JayBlinks182 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AdviceOk1231 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Chewybolz 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Normal-Complex-5311 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • No_Interview_2807 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Dizzy_Bat7234 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM Turkey / Airalo/Vodafone

    Hey, if you dont mind on cost factor then Vodafone Travel is the one you to consider. Vodafone is best in signal ofcourse. If cost is matter then go with any travel esim like airola, simzy, holafly

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Esim newbie questions:

    **Yes**. You can switch eSIMs while traveling without issue. On iPhone, you can install multiple eSIM profiles and simply change which one is active. Using Airalo for part of your trip and then switching to another provider for the remaining countries is fully supported, as long as your device is unlocked. You can continue to receive SMS and calls on your physical/local SIM while using an eSIM for data. To avoid roaming charges, keep your local SIM enabled only for calls/SMS and disable Data Roaming on that line, while setting eSIM as the default for mobile data. eSIMs like [simzy](https://simzy.com/esim-austria), matrix support this An eSIM does not have to be installed before traveling, but it is strongly recommended. Installing in advance ensures activation is smooth and avoids relying on public Wi-Fi at arrival.

    Activation
  • ikea_regal54 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ballistic8888 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM Turkey / Airalo/Vodafone

    Vodafone Travel is offered by Vodafone Netherlands, its an official network and unlike Airalo etc they all resell. Vodafone your roaming on Vodafones own network so if the price is right I would always take Vodafone over a reseller

  • Prestigious_Till4424 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best ESim for long Japan trip (4 Months)

    Four months changes the answer completely. Almost every tourist eSIM (Airalo, Ubigi, Sakura) caps at 30 or 90 days, so you'd be stacking three of them and paying tourist rates the entire time. Since you're studying abroad you'll have a residence card, and that unlocks actual Japanese plans. Wait for it, then look at ahamo (docomo) or an MVNO like IIJmio or mineo on docomo lines. Two reasons for docomo specifically: rural coverage is noticeably better than Rakuten or SoftBank once you're actually in the mountains, and ahamo includes roaming in a long list of countries at no extra charge, which covers your Korea trip. Check the current country list before you count on it though, it changes. One catch nobody mentions: you generally need a Japanese payment method to sign up, and getting a card takes a few weeks after you land. So buy a cheap 7-10 day eSIM online before you fly, use that for arrival week, and set up the real plan once your card and bank account exist. China is its own problem. A roaming SIM from Japan routes traffic back home, so you usually get past the firewall without a VPN. That's the one situation where being on a foreign plan is an advantage.

    Japon
  • erdianilkaraca 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Need an eSim for study abroad in Spain.

    Hi, I have recently used esimzio.com. I don’t know how those guys do it but it was super cheap and works well. I used it for about 5 months while doing a European road trip while recording content for social media. Really great value for money - and not here to advertise, I genuinely mean it was the best one I used and didn’t want to pay crazy amounts to Airalo or Holafly etc..

  • neydali 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/digitalnomad · eSim recommendations for Europe?

    Yeah Airalo has connectivity is an issue as they don't do backups quite well. I now rather buy from eSIM stores which have human customer support. Airalo was down last month my partner was stranded with no connectivity in Europe. For me, since I used Akariq - their customer support issued me a replacement eSIM until connectivity resolved better on my primary eSIM. These sort of things matter the most too.

    Europe
  • Ashamed-General7328 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/digitalnomad · eSim recommendations for Europe?

    Airalo dropping out mid-trip usually means their local network partner switched, happened to me in Portugal specifically since that region flips carriers on their app more than others. Ubigi's held up better for me across Germany, Netherlands, and France, it just grabs whatever the strongest local network is instead of routing through one fixed partner. Worth trying to reinstall the esim profile first though, sometimes that alone fixes it before you need to switch providers.

    Europe
  • Throwaway7766882233 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Help with EU trip

    The problem with this is that Airalo will ask for your passport scan if you select this plan. And that's where a lot of people draw a line.

    Activation
  • Inner_Profit_5168 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Esim choice help

    You can go for Jetpac, it's cheaper than airalo & saily and the connectivity is also great

  • natanavrrra 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · e-sim recs?

    Take an EU region plan, but make sure it has UK in it (not all do) If you're price sensitive go with Pelesim or Sparks (also good connection to be honest) If you like premium (not sure what it means in this space) go with HolaFly or Saily. Personally I had a lot of issues with Airalo in the past.

  • Effective_Author4113 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Stay away from Airhub esim

    Being ang Airhub user since last 3 years, I am frequent.international users... I have used airalo, holafly and Saily and trust they all are very costly and very limited plans. One of my friend recommended me to try Airhub as they must affordable data plans and voice plans for international travel. I tried Airhub on my friend recommendation as he is frequent traveler also. Trust me it becomes money saving for me and there is voice plan available. When ever I viist dubai for few hours and back same days I used Airhub 3usd/ day /gb plan while I have paid 20usd for Saily, Airalo and Holafly. For the same plan earlier. It can be challenging for anyone to install esim at first and that's case for all esim provider. In last 3 years I have got all my support related issues resolved 99.9% of the time by Airhub. I also have recommended this esim to some of my business colleges and they all are using the Airhub esim. When initially they so many negative reviews about Airhub on reddit, I do want to name but I know all the competitors of Airhub bht yes most of the reviews about Airhub us fake on Reddit planned by their competitors whi are not able to match their price and variety and multiple options avat for travellers.

    Asie
  • ThrillRoyal 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Low_Whole9749 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • efibdn 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Very disappointed with Airalo.

    Sorry to hear that you are having issues. I use it on every time l travel for the last 4 years USA-Europe. More than 20 trips or so no problems what so ever. I do buy multiple esims when I am crossing borders.

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
  • PresentationGood5739 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • repeatedlylate 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • kagicalpeeht 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Install it at home on wifi but don't turn the line on - the QR download and the activation are two seperate things, and pretty much every provider starts your days when the eSIM first connects to a Japanese network, not when you install it. So download it now, leave the line toggled off, then flip it on after you land at Haneda and it'll pick up docomo or softbank in a minute or two. Re: Holafly, the unlimited thing is real but it's soft capped, mine got noticeably slower after a few gb a day and that was fine for maps and scrolling but don't expect to tether a laptop off it. Ubigi and Airalo are cheaper if you'd rather just buy 10-20gb, and honestly for maps + google + tiktok you'll use way less than you think since wifi is everywhere. One thing to check before you leave: keep your tmobile line active for iMessage/calls but turn its data roaming OFF, otherwise your phone will happily use it and you'll get a bill.

    JaponPas cher
  • perryurban 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/solotravel · General Balkan advice needed! Cash, etc.

    I'm in Balkans on Aeralo and very happy with it so far. The one issue I had was a 1 hour outage in central Vienna of all places! But that affected an entire carrier network. Yet to go to the more ... struggling countries in your list, but so far so good. I initially chose Aerolo only because their Europe Region pack includes Turkey. Saily is the other option. Many youtubers have discounts for either, or there's a 15% for first purchase for anyone.

    Europe
  • Adventurous-Chard918 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Sharp-Sandwich-9779 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Airalo Netherlands

    Airalo gives detailed instructions on how to install. Some steps involved but you can prep it all at home before you leave. The only step you can’t do is the actual activation because you have to be in country and you have to have a wifi connection so make sure you do it at Schiphol (airport) before you take the train into the city. This is what it look like on you iPhone. All you do is toggle. If you go with Airalo, DM for discount code. https://preview.redd.it/rsn3wkf2g3gh1.jpeg?width=1206&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=7a08bf70c996dd95ed773b68f13737f9f84340ae You basically turn your primary off and your eSIM on. Because you’re purchasing “data” only, your US # will show there. But you don’t have to worry as long as your primary SIM is off and your eSIM is on. Good luck!

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Kenya and Tanzania

    I used airalo and it worked well. Even though I was only there for 10 days I bought the 30 day to get the higher GB. Cell service was pretty good. Obviously more remote places were more spotty. I even got it on Kili in two camps. You can get a discount if you use NICOLE3553

  • redditpass2021 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • alphex 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Typical_Gourd 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • GravelQuest 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    Right now in Japan, I have airalo. Input it at home and turned it off. Then turned of my home sim once the plane left. Turned on airalo at landing. Works without a hitch so far 20 G, 1 month for around 20€ (with promotion)

    ActivationJapon
  • CaitlionRoar 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    I’ve used Airalo, eSimJapan, and Mobal, and all 3 worked great. My first trip was 2 weeks and I was doing all the navigation for our group of 5 for the first week or so (I was the only one who had ever travelled internationally before so everyone else was a bit culture-shocked at first), so the 10gb Airalo eSIM I had bought in advance ran out when I had 3 days left in the trip. I bought 3 days of unlimited data from eSimJapan to get me by for the end of the trip. Second trip was 15 days, I got a 16 day 50gb from Mobal so that I wouldn’t need to worry about the same thing happening. I probably overpaid/overdid it, but I just didn’t want to have to worry about it whatsoever so in that regard I got what I wanted! For both trips, I set everything up on my phone at the airport before getting on the plane, then the eSIM activated automatically when I arrived in Japan.

    ActivationJapon
  • GuamSD 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Existing_Nail1087 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • milkwithspaghetti 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    It 100% did not work for me but that’s because I totally forgot I purchased a locked cell phone from a carrier in the US. Was my bad though and something I should have realized before I purchased the airalo. They were nice enough to refund even though they said they wouldn’t initially.

    ActivationRemboursement
  • MadisonLarger 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · Best eSIM for Japan? When do I activate it?

    I have used Airalo 3 times with no complaints and last trip we rented a car and went up some really rural roads and places no tourists would normally go north of Tokyo. I thought of trying the Chris Broad sim but it was more expensive. Didn’t feel like I was lacking anything with Airalo. Will use it again.

    JaponPas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • kbunnyle 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • lemon_icing 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • rigatoni_9 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Square-Nebula-7530 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · What’s the best eSIM for the UK?

    Airalo, esimglobe, and Ubigi all cover the UK well. The main difference I noticed is that esimglobe has a multi-network option that switches carriers automatically, which helps outside London.

    Europe
  • Enough-Can-9162 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Europe eSIM?

    Airalo is my top pick. Good coverage, and promo codes are easy to find. My Revolut card now comes with an eSIM plan on 1GLOBAL. That works fine too, but I don’t think you can buy from them directly, only through partners like Revolut.

    Pas cher
    r/eSIMs · Europe eSIM?

    Have a great experience with Airalo (you can easy find promo codes to make it cheaper) but now have a Revolut card with eSIM plan included. They work over 1GLOBAL but as I know they don’t b2ce Revolut.

    Pas cher
  • Various_Things2026 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Europe eSIM?

    We used Airalo and Nomad last year in Switzerland and Italy no problem. But next time we will use eSIM from Trip.com since it less than half the price

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · 3 week Europe trip esim

    Last time I used Airalo and Nomad and they were fine. But next trip I will buy eSIM on Trip.com at less than half of the price

  • CityForAnts 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Pristine_Nectarine19 🇬🇧🌐

    2 commentaires analysés

  • -Moonmoth- 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/solotravel · First time solo travelling, is China too ambitious?

    Yes. It is more challenging. I was in Shanghai in May. After three weeks in Japan. You absolutely need a Chinese sim. And of course AliPay linked to your cards. All payments and ordering at cafes and restaurants will become easier. Then you can actually use the "coin" lockers in the station the require a Chinese phone number. And they do not use 3D secure. So you need to allow unsecure payments for your bank card. Everything takes more time since you need to translate everything. I used a data sim Airalo to bypass the firewall that blocks Google, so that is also recommended. Two sims. One data esim and one regular China Unicom sim that you switch between. This knowledge I had to learn the hard way.

    Asie
  • zoujia 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Experience with eSIM Now?

    Personally, I prefer Ubigi in Japan. It is owned by NTT. I have had a lot of trouble setting up APN with many eSIMs while in Japan, especially Airalo.

    ActivationJapon
  • Pure_Development_243 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Experience with eSIM Now?

    Only a few reviews would make me nervous. For Japan, I’d probably stick with a more established eSIM provider instead of chasing a slightly bigger discount. More established providers like Ubigi or Airalo tend to be more reliable.

    Japon
  • RandyClaggett 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best eSIM for traveling abroad?

    For convenience and cheaper than roaming, Airalo or Saily. For really cheap, smaller vendors, varies with the country/region I have used https://mobimatter.com/ several times to find good options.

    Pas cher
  • BrainOfMush 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best eSIM for traveling abroad?

    Where are you travelling to? If it’s just within the EU or if you’re going to one country, you’ll get a better deal by getting an eSIM from a local carrier rather than one of the “global” companies. For example if you’re going to the US, you could sign up for an eSIM with Google Fi, Mint Mobile, Visible, or any other monthly prepay one and pay $20-25 for a month, whereas with Airalo you’ll be paying $70+ for a month.

    Rapport qualité-prixÉtats-Unis
  • Amazing_Armadillo429 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best eSIM for traveling abroad?

    Airalo was kind of the OG and market leader. Had some issues early on but have had 0 problems in the last couple years. I would say all offering are comparable +/- a couple dollars across different providers.

  • wisdomnotforthewise 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Fit_Cup1578 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here!

    I've found that Airalo does not work reliably in my experience. And if you're encounter a problem Airalo does not help you. Their support chatbot is there to turn you away. Just read the complaints on [r/airalo](https://www.reddit.com/r/airalo/) I've had really good success with GigSky. They are really reliable, cost less than Airalo and Holafly and if you're a Visa credit cardholder (which just about everyone is), you get really great benefits.

    Remboursement
  • AwayLetterhead7708 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · What is the Best eSIM to use? Seeing conflicting issues about some of the best like Ubigi and Airalo

    honestly ubigi and airalo are both fine but they can be pricey. i used cardtonic for my japan trip two months ago and it worked great in tokyo, kyoto, and osaka. paid in naira which was a nice bonus cause i didnt have to worry about exchange rates. setup took like 2 mins before i left and it connected right when i landed. worth checking out if you want something reliable without the premium price tag.

  • Emotional-Bus-7065 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Thefreshi1 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Successful-Leek-2020 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Wild-Leadership-4917 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Haley-HoJo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • gintarasCHRG 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Fancy_Masterpiece748 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Why does Airalo have 2 different unlimited plans for SK?

    huh interesting. i guess im tryna figure out like how they managed to get one of the true unlimited plans from LG since the true unlimited data esims are often mobile phone plans that are only possible for foreigners to get in korea once they got an alien registration card. guess airalo found some loophole then

    AsieIllimité
    r/eSIMs · Esim for America and Antigua

    Honestly, most of the well known eSIM brands are pretty solid like roamless, holafly, airalo, nomad, etc They all connect to local networks in the states pretty much. It's just a question of pricing really in the end.

    États-Unis
  • nezbrun 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM.me vs. EIOTCLUB Physical eSIM – Advantages? Experiences?

    I've been using both EIOTCLUB and 9eSIM physical SIMs over the past three months or so. Firstly, neither offer what I'd call a seamless user journey. Both work better in Android in that you don't have to have a USB dongle adapter plus a PC or Mac to set up. You will need a dongle adapter if you only have an Apple device in order to install eSIMs on either of these products, or you can use an Android device to install the eSIM on the physical SIM, and transfer the phyiscal SIM to the Apple device. On an Android phone, you can install eSIMs directly into a spare slot in either SIM, but you will need an internet connection to do so: I strong;y recommend using an active WiFi connection rather than relying on the device's existing cellular data connection. You can install any eSIM on these cards, including the usual high street brands. For example, I converted a conventional Three SIM contract to an eSIM, and installed the QR code onto the EIOTCLUB eSIM. I also installed a separate new contract Vodafone eSIM onto the 9eSIM card. Furthermore, I've successfully indtalled about half a dozen Airalo eSIMs onto these cards, direct from the QR code. One drawback with both of these products is that only one slot can be active at a time. If you have a dual SIM phone, or a phone with both SIM and eSIM, and it supports multiple active SIMs/eSIMs, note that you can only select one of the slots at a time for each physical SIM. So you could have two active lines, one for each physical SIM, or one for the physical SIM and one eSIM that's loaded directly onto the phone, assuming your phone supports such combinations to begin with. Hopefully that makes sense! With both products, on an Android phone you can switch the active slot with the SIM's app, although sometimes the phone needs a reboot. Note that you cannot switch between preloaded SIM slots with the EIOTCLUB SIM unless you already have an active internet connection: often this will leave you in a chicken and egg situatn if you forget to do so. You can switch SIM slots on an Android phone with the 9eSIM SIM whether you have an internet connection or not. The EIOTCLUB USB A programming dongle only seems to work with the EIOTCLUB SIM, whereas the 9eSIM USB C dongle will work with both the EIOTCLUB SIM and software, and the 9eSIM SIM and software. The EIOTCLUB USB A dongle supports SIM, with micro SIM and nano SIM needing adaptors. The 9eSIM USB C dongle only supports nano SIM, but it is, overall, a little smaller, and as it works with both SIMs, and I only use nano SIMs anyway, that's the one that goes travelling with me. At the current time, the 9eSIM Android app warns that a component needs updating. Just ignore it. The EIOTCLUB app asks you to login every time you used it on a different device. It phones home. It seems to keep a copy of what's loaded onto your SIM in its cloud, including your non-EIOTCLUB eSIMs. It often gets out of sync. The only way I've managed to get it to re-sync is to use the USB dongle on a PC or Mac.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Physical eSim that supports Airalo and works with any 5G Travel Wifi Hotspot?

    I just tried this a couple of days ago: i.e., an Airalo eSIM on an EIOTCLUB physical SIM, purchased off Amazon with one of its 9 slots preloaded with a few GB of data. So far it's worked well for me. The benefits for me are that (1) I can use eSIM-only Airalo plans in non-eSIM phones and routers and (2) I can transfer the Airalo eSIM between devices. Some initial points of note to consider... First thing I did was to make sure that the provided EIOTCLUB SIM's single preloaded slot worked in a phone, which it did. You need to enable roaming on your phone for the SIM. I suggest using the first SIM slot on a multi-SIM phone, as I had a problem with the EIOT SIM in slot 2 and another SIM in slot 1. I believe your phone will need an active internet connection to activate the each slot once it's loaded and selected. After activating the preloaded slot, I also checked that it did actually work, connecting to the phone network and doing a quick browse with the phone's WiFi disabled. Installing the Airalo eSIM onto one of the EIOT SIM's nine slots... I used a PC to purchase the Airalo eSIM, which provided a QR code on the PC screen, and then installed it in an EIOTCLUB slot using EIOT's Android app which uses the phone's camera to grab the QR code. Once it was installed, I switched to the Airalo eSIM by turning it on in the EIOT app: SIM Card => eSIM Card Slot 1 => Remote will show the details of the preloaded slot, and the Airolo slot (and any other slots you've installed an eSIM on). Each slot has a slide switch, with the currently active one turned on and in green. The inactive slots have their slide switches in grey. Select the grey slide switch against the slot you want to activate. Further observations... Sometimes I found I had to restart my phone before I could select a different slot, although at other times I could select a different active slot on the fly. It seems you need a functioning internet connection to be able to switch slots in the app for some reason, so plan accordingly! As far as I can tell, although the EIOT SIM card has nine slots, you can only have one slot active at a time. I found that eSIMs loaded into the EIOT slots work fine for voice, text and data eSIMs, as well as data-only eSIMs. Once an eSIM has expired, you can delete it from its slot. When I purchased the EIOT SIM, I purchased it with a USB SIM card adapter, although I've not needed to use the adapter yet. This adapter allows you to program the physical SIM slots without a phone: I've read that you need it if you plan to use it with an iPhone, and don't have an Android phone to configure the slot(s). There are supporting apps for the adapter for both Windows and Mac. In general, the EIOT SIM serves its purpose for my use cases, that of using it in a hotspot. I still use older Android phones from around 2020 as hotspts and WiFi extenders because many of that era still had SD card slots. This makes for a cheap, battery powered combined hotspot, WiFi extender, and DLNA server. Mostly I use this when travelling on planes, where I want to be able to use multiple devices without having to shell out multiple times for internet access, and want to consume from my own selection of media. It can be useful in hotels that either limit the connections per room, or if the room has weak internet and/or dead spots. At the extreme, this can be a simple $35 second hand Samsung XCover 5 with a 2TB Micro SD card holding 1,500 720p video titles, which lasts about 12 hours on a single charge as a combined Wifi Extender and DLNA video server.

    ActivationHotspot
  • Professional-Soil-45 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Cheap esims

    Honestly the big names (Airalo, Holafly, Saily) are where most people start, but they've gotten pricey — Holafly's "unlimited" plans especially, and Airalo/Saily add up per GB on a longer trip. The one I keep coming back to is [journeyesims.com](http://journeyesims.com) — same coverage as the big names (200+ countries) but the plans come out cheaper for the same data. Setup's just as easy: pick a plan, tap activate, online when you land, and you keep your normal number. My advice regardless of what you pick: price-check 2-3 providers for your exact destination before buying. The spread between them is way bigger than people expect.

  • mrsaqmex 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Sammi-one 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Turn off data roaming?

    My phone provider has free international calls and texts. I disabled data roaming on my main line and use the data eSIM I bought from trip.com or AirAlo etc….

  • infolink324 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Why So Many Different Recommendations?

    Ah, I see what you're asking! Regarding single-country eSIMs: there really isn't much difference aside from the lower price. With a single-country plan, you are more likely to have your traffic routed locally, though it's still not guaranteed. One consideration is if you have a layover in another country and want service there, having a region eSIM is nice. As for your second question, the main advantages are typically convenience and customer support. Having used both Airalo and Ubigi in the past, I've found Airalo's setup process and support to be noticeably better. If you're tech-savvy and comfortable troubleshooting on your own, Ubigi is perfectly fine. But for my non-techy friends, I always recommend Airalo because the overall experience is just much more seamless.

    Activation
  • Chilabo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Why So Many Different Recommendations?

    Thanks. I think I used the wrong term. By "local," I simply meant an eSim that serves just one country, in our case, France. We will purchase and install the eSim while at home, before we travel, per the great recommendations on this sub. But yeah, my question remains: what more do you actually get by purchasing Airalo or Saily rather than Nadanada or Ubigi or another less expensive alternative?

    Europe
  • PinkDewCole 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · What is the Best eSIM to use? Seeing conflicting issues about some of the best like Ubigi and Airalo

    Forget Airalo and Ubigi, both failed in Japan recently due to tourist overcrowding. Everyone uses them and the networks simply drop in big Tokyo stations. To solve this annoying connection issue, a friend from Osaka told me to test Maaltalk when I visited last month. Man, the difference is huge. Through them, I had maximum speed non-stop and stable coverage without any complicated setup

    Japon
  • ReplyKind8901 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · which esim for USA

    For a month in the Midwest, I'd personally look at a few options depending on your budget and how much data you need. * If you want the cheapest option, a local SIM/eSIM from T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon will usually give you the best value. * If you want something you can set up before you fly, I've had decent experiences with Nomad esim, Airalo, and Holafly. * If you're planning to drive through more rural areas, I'd lean toward plans that use the AT&T or Verizon networks, as coverage can be noticeably better outside major cities. The Midwest is generally well covered, but if you're going through smaller towns or national parks, network quality matters more than the eSIM brand itself. I'd avoid choosing purely on price. A few extra dollars for a plan with better coverage can save a lot of frustration on a month-long trip.

    ActivationÉtats-Unis
  • Diligent-Home3594 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • NumShallParse 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Secret_Rush_3007 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • mannythomson 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSim for 1 week in Spain, Amsterdam, and Paris

    I always get one beforehand. Use [Alisesim.com](http://Alisesim.com) they have different europe plans for 7 days about, 7-8 euros for 10 gb and it lasts 30 days. I saw airalo had it for like 25 euros for 7 days. about 4x more lol

    Europe
  • Shuuui 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSim for 1 week in Spain, Amsterdam, and Paris

    Airalo is genuinely overpriced for Europe. Since you're hitting Spain, Amsterdam, and Paris, just get a Europe regional eSIM and cover all three with one plan. Worth checking out: eSIMNum has a Europe regional plan at $11.49 for 5GB/30 days, which should be more than enough for a week. Saily is another solid option if you want to compare prices. Buy before you leave, install at home, land connected. No local number needed if you're fine with WhatsApp/iMessage.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • Matcha_latte_oat 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for China trip?

    Can recommend airalo. It worked great for my stay in Beijing. I bought a data plan not the unlimited. I’ve also tried using VPN on my laptop + WiFi from the hotel but it that didn’t work at all.

    Asie
  • MaddenMan2022 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • Trogg_Farmer 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Lord_Smedley 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · How do you compare eSIM providers before traveling?

    I was happily using Airalo for the past couple of years, but tried esim4travel on my latest one month trip, and it's half the price and has worked great. I got a month of service with 5 gigs transfer for about $6. It's a little harder to set up, and they don't tell you that you need to turn on roaming. But once I cleared that hurdle it's worked as well as anything I've previously used, and I'll be buying another plan next week when I for my next trip. For me, the best way to use eSims like this is I'll get on wifi at the airport before my flight, delete my current eSims so there's no confusion about which is which, and then purchase the eSim for the country/region I'm headed to and then jump through the setup hoops. If all goes well, upon arrival at my destinatioin I'll have service on my phone before the plane finishes deboarding. This is incredibly helpful in most cases, since I generally rely on Google Maps to figure out mass transit to my hotel.

  • Working_Opening_2845 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • SieghartX2 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · What is the Best eSIM to use? Seeing conflicting issues about some of the best like Ubigi and Airalo

    I used airalo 3 years ago and tried ubigi this year. Both feel about the same to me in terms of coverage and speed wise. Installation wise ubigi felt easier but it might also be recent change in technology (since it was 3 years ago when i used airalo) Overall, either is fine, just go with whichever has the data package that better suits your needs.

    Activation
  • jrocks15 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • dehnasirag 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Key-Comparison2811 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Does Airalo suck now?

    Yes, I have used it many times, but on last trip in Japan last month, I were not able at all to connect to the net.. tried everything, just didn't work 

    Japon
  • Time-Dance7003 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • StuieSheps45 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • hustler999 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for China

    used airalo Sim in China with no VPN needed. It worked great. Use my referral code to save $3. LARRY7862 Thanks and happy travels!

    Asie
  • TravelAddictionYVR 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Apr_1976 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Fabulous_Half_256 🇬🇧

    6 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Zensim?

    I’d be cautious if there are barely any independent reviews, especially for something as essential as data while travelling. A lot of newer eSIM providers are just reselling the same networks anyway, so sometimes it’s worth paying slightly more for established options like Maya (good long​ duration & unlimited plans), Airalo (easy setup and broad coverage) or Nomad (usually strong regional pricing and stable speeds).

    ActivationRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Global (Europe + Armenia & Georgia) Esim for 90 days?

    You should check out Maya Mobile or Airalo, both have Europe regional plans that also cover Armenia and Georgia. For that much travel/data usage, a single 90 day regional plan with 200GB+ will probably work out better than managing separate monthly plans.

    AsieEurope
    r/eSIMs · Recommended esims for Japan, Korea, and Vietnam?

    Juggling multiple eSIMs isn't a bad idea, it does mean manually activating a new profile and switching your phone's data lines every time you cross a border. If you want the convenience of a single setup, a regional Asia eSIM or Gloabal eSIM is the simplest option Providers like Airalo and Nomad offer multi country Asia packs that cover Japan, Korea and Vietnam under one digital esim, which is great for tracking fixed data plans. If you prefer unlimited data, Maya Mobile offers global plans with one esim that include hotspotting, while Ubigi is known for its local network partnerships.

    AsieJapon
    r/eSIMs · Hello, what is your best e-sim suggestion for Japan, for one week travel

    Multiple options like Airalo, Nomad and Maya. I’ve used Airalo (one trip to japan) and Maya mobile (on 2 trips to Japan) and did not have any issues as such. Worked well for navigation, trains and social media. I preferred Maya as the setup was easy via a QR code. Of course, in certain remote areas all providers face an issue but that is normal.

    Japon
    r/eSIMs · Best choice for eSIM?

    You should get ones that work across multiple countries so you can use it for both Italy & Greece. Airalo and Nomad offer regional esims. The pack would depend on your usage.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · New to esims and would like some advice for a month long of travel (might end up being a working holiday)

    For this kind of a trip, I would either choose one Global esim or a regional esim split into Europe and US depending on pricing. Airalo and Nomad work well for flexibility, Holafly is focused towards heavy data users and Maya was convenient for me because hotspot and video calls work well while moving between countries with just one esim across. Under $100 should be doable unless you are constantly tethering multiple devices or uploading large files every day.

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
  • Icy_Bodybuilder5688 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Global (Europe + Armenia & Georgia) Esim for 90 days?

    Honestly, Armenia and Georgia are what make this tricky. A lot of “Europe” eSIMs don’t actually include them, even if the marketing makes it sound global-ish. For your usage though, I’d probably stop looking at the typical tourist 5–20GB plans and focus on either: * regional Europe+ plans that explicitly include Armenia and Georgia * or a global/pay-as-you-go eSIM with good roaming agreements For that amount of data (50GB+ monthly), Airalo and similar popular travel apps can get expensive pretty quickly. They’re fine for lighter users, but once you start needing hundreds of GB over 90 days, local/regional setups often make more sense. Honestly, one of the better approaches could be: use a Europe regional eSIM for most countries, then buy a cheap local eSIM in Armenia/Georgia when you arrive. Both countries usually have surprisingly affordable local data compared to Western Europe. You’d probably save quite a bit that way. If you really want one eSIM for the entire trip without switching: * Nomad sometimes has decent regional coverage including Georgia * Roamless is flexible and works well across countries, but heavy data use can become expensive * Some “global” eSIMs from providers like GigSky/BNESIM/etc. cover everything, but speeds/pricing vary a lot Also just a warning: “unlimited” plans are often not truly unlimited. A lot of them throttle hard after 20–50GB, especially on roaming networks. For your budget, under $70/month for 50GB+ across Europe + Caucasus is possible, but probably not with a single perfect all-in-one package. Mixing one regional eSIM with cheap local top-ups might honestly give you the best experience and value.

    AsieEuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Data in Canada and Alaska

    For this kind of trip (Canada + Alaska cruise), coverage matters way more than price or “big GB” plans. The main thing people run into with Alaska is that a lot of travel eSIMs work fine in Canada but get patchy as soon as you’re outside the main towns or near cruise routes. It’s not really an eSIM problem, it’s just how remote the coverage is there. What usually works best in real life is a North America regional eSIM that can roam across multiple US networks (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile). That roaming part is what makes the difference in Alaska, especially for shore excursions. Some options people commonly use: * Airalo or Nomad North America plans (generally solid in Canada, decent in Alaska but depends on carrier routing) * Roamless or similar pay-as-you-go eSIMs (a bit more expensive per GB but often more flexible in weaker coverage areas) * Any “North America” eSIM that clearly says multi-network US coverage, not just one carrier One expectation to set though, nothing will be perfect in remote Alaska. Even locals rely on spotty coverage in some areas. So I’d treat it as “good enough for maps, messaging, quick browsing” rather than full reliable internet everywhere. For your use case (cruise + day trips, data only), I’d lean toward a multi-network North America eSIM over the cheapest option, just to avoid frustration mid-trip.

    États-Unis
  • clairemydia22 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Hawaii?

    i ended up using airalo and it worked very well! i found someone’s discount code too so i got a bit of money off for my first purchase

  • Ok_Lifeguard4406 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Outrageous-Wealth203 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • RageGochester 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Need help on switch physical/Esim

    You definitely do not need a phone number. Most travel eSIMs like Ubigi or Airalo are data only anyway. All you need is a Wi-Fi connection to download the app on your new iPhone and log into your existing account. From there you can just install a new eSIM profile for your trip. Your phone will work perfectly fine running strictly on data for things like WhatsApp and maps without a traditional number attached.

  • Fun-Dragonfly-4925 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best choice for eSIM?

    I tried both Airalo and Holafly before and they were decent, but recently used eSIM-Home on a trip and it worked fine for what I needed. Honestly think it mostly comes down to coverage and pricing for the countries you’re visiting.

  • _Dolphins 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Need help on switch physical/Esim

    You absolutely do not need a phone number to use a travel eSIM on your new iPhone. Most travel eSIMs from companies like Ubigi or Airalo are data only anyway. All you need is a WiFi connection to download the app on your new phone and install the eSIM profile. Since you already use Ubigi on your Samsung you can just log into your existing account on the iPhone and set up a new plan for wherever you are traveling next. Your phone will work perfectly fine running strictly on data for apps like WhatsApp and maps without a standard phone number attached.

  • UnpolishedGemma 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · How does an eSIM work when trying to avoid crazy carrier roaming fees?

    An eSIM lets your phone connect to two networks at once. You leave your main home line active but turn off data roaming in your settings. This lets regular texts come through without triggering those massive daily carrier fees. Then you set the travel eSIM as your primary data provider for everything else. Since you are hitting multiple countries, get a regional plan from an app like Airalo or Holafly so you do not have to buy a new plan at every border. Holafly does unlimited data but they usually block hotspot sharing. Airalo gives you a set amount of gigabytes but is generally much cheaper. Just double check your phone is fully carrier unlocked before you leave or the new network will fail to install.

    Pas cher
  • nullstring 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Recommended esims for Japan, Korea, and Vietnam?

    For vietnam, you're going to get the best price by going in person to a physical viettel or mobifone store. I paid something like $5 for 7GB/day for 30 days. Personally, I like to use roamless until I can get my local sim setup. Airalo tends to be very expensive. Last time I was in Japan, I used an IIJ sim from mobimatter.

  • Sinistet_ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Avoid Holafly like the plague, save your money

    Very disappointing experience. I genuinely feel misled. The €35! I paid felt completely wasted. While other travelers using Airalo on the same local network had fast and stable connections, I struggled to get even basic internet access with Holafly’s “unlimited” plan. Latency was consistently around 500ms or higher and traffic seemed to be routed through Tokyo, which made the connection nearly unusable and very slow. Definitely not worth it.

  • zenrainbow 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Guilty_Tea4754 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Is Nomad trustworthy?

    Bought Nomad's "12-day unlimited" plan for a work trip to Sweden. Speeds were fine the first night, then throttled to unusable within 24 hours. Turns out "unlimited" actually means 2GB per day, after which you're capped at speeds too slow to work on. That cap is not made clear at checkout. The most ridiculous part: there's no option to upgrade to a higher-tier plan once you've hit the limit. No "unlimited 10GB/day" option, no top-up path, nothing. You're just stuck. I ended up deleting the Nomad eSIM and buying a second plan elsewhere. Sunk cost, entirely avoidable if the product were built sensibly. When I contacted customer support to sort it out, I got Fin, Intercom's AI bot, returning generic responses with no resolution and no clear way to reach a human. The sign-up process is also poorly built: no autofill on any field, which felt cheap from the start. Small thing, but it set the tone. I switched to Airalo's 50GB plan and it's been the obviously better deal: more data, clearer pricing, support that actually works. Nomad isn't ready for anyone who relies on data for remote work.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM

    Absolute clown company. I signed up for the unlimited plan because I had to work remotely from Sweden. Worked fine for one night, then after a single day I was throttled to unusable low-speed Wi-Fi. Completely unworkable for someone actually trying to get work done. I contacted customer support to sort it out and got Fin (Intercom's AI agent) serving up pure slop, no real human, no resolution. The sign-up process was already a red flag: nothing autofills, the whole flow feels cheap. I went back to Airalo and I'm never touching Nomad again. Better functionality, more transparent service, actual support. I'll be telling every friend to stay away. Non-existent customer support and a data offering that borders on fraudulent.

    Europe
  • rajat0016 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Accessing UK eSIM in Australia

    You’ll probably need to get voxi to reissue the eSIM/QR and activate it again on your phone Meanwhile you could just use a travel eSIM (like maya or airalo) for data so you’re not stuck, but yus, that won’t fix the OTP problem.

  • winvinci 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · ESIM/Phone plan abroad

    Esim's like Airalo, Nomad, Holafly and Maya mobile are usually data only, so they don’t replace your At&t number, instead they give you mobile data abroad. Most people keep their normal sim on for imessage or verification texts such as OTP's etc and use the esim for internet. Calls and messages are usually via whatsapp, facetime, messenger etc. You can still use your At&t number overseas, however normal calls and sms can trigger roaming charges.

  • jeffrymeacham 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for China

    For a quick 7 day trip, Airalo and Nomad are the most reliable options and super easy to set up.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Travel eSIM for Japan

    Go with Ubigi. It runs on the Docomo network, which is the absolute best for rural coverage and mountain areas in Japan. Other popular options like Airalo use Softbank, which is incredibly fast in Tokyo but drops off significantly once you leave the major cities.

    Japon
  • TedBob99 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for China

    I used Airalo recently and it was roaming from Japan so no issues with the great firewall. Could also access Alipay and Amap. However, it was getting disconnected quite frequently, sometimes several times a day. Had to go to airplane mode and back, but sometimes didn't realise I had lost internet access.

    Asie
  • JonCL22 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for China

    Alipay ones are usually starting at 3RMB, they just used Trip.com so I switched to some other seller for a third. It’s not bad, but it’s just cheap Hong Kong data so you can avoid the GFW. Would not recommend more than 500mb a day for these SIMs though, would just use Roamless, Airalo, or GigSky.

    Asie
  • AerieMysterious9959 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo Turned Basic Travel Tasks Into a Daily Headache

    I’ve found that Airalo sometimes connects to networks it doesn’t support. I have an Airalo global package. In the UK Airalo works on EE but I found it connecting automatically to Vodafone and couldn’t use the data. Same thing in Barbados recently - Airalo works with Digicel, but my phone kept connecting to Flow. The way round it is to select the network manually in your phone settings. It’s annoying and I didn’t have problems like this on similar packages with Yesim and Voye. I won’t be renewing with Airalo.

    Europe
  • wrapsuptheweek 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Boatbuilder_62 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • dontlook4tme 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • StacySheller 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Canadian eSIM

    For a one-month trip, grab a flexible prepaid eSIM with good coverage on Rogers, Bell, or Telus networks. (TimeTransfers) Most travel eSIMs like Airalo or Nomad are data-focused, but some include a local number and minutes. Travelers recommend 10-20GB for 30 days, with easy top-ups and no contracts. Airalo even offers a local number, which is rare. Go for multi-network coverage and quick top-ups, since data's pricey in Canada otherwise. AloOui is great for flexibility and fast setup on short trips. Tips: Install before flying, skip "unlimited" plans (they throttle), and use WhatsApp as backup for calls. 👍

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Central Vietnam?

    For Da Nang and Hoi An, most eSIMs work fine pick one on Viettel for the best coverage, even in coastal spot, Travelers on Reddit say Airalo or multi-network ones are solid too. Touristy areas mean good signal for maps, Grab, etc. No need for fancy plans, just go with Airalo, Saily, Nomad, or even AloOui, and check the network.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Esim recos for South Korea

    For your 5-day Korea trip with light use like maps and messaging, a cheap 3-5GB eSIM is plenty. Coverage is awesome everywhere, even on budget plans from Airalo, Nomad, or Holafly via KT/SK networks. Travelers rave about it on Reddit for short trips. Group tour means low data needs, so download shows ahead and skip 1GB plans. Grab a reliable one, install pre-flight for instant landing data. (AloOui's easy too.) Korea's networks rock, hard to mess up.

    AsiePas cher
  • Realistic-Log-4414 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best choice for eSIM?

    straight talk roaming rates will bleed you dry—just keep that sim for calls and texts if you must, but toggle off data roaming. for 10 days, grab a regional europe esim from airalo or holafly so you do not have to swap profiles when you cross the border. translate and maps work offline if you download the data before you leave—saves battery and keeps you from stressing when you hit a dead zone in a greece alleyway. fwiw, unless you are getting authentication codes for banking, most people just use whatsapp for calls over data since it is more reliable than local voip routing.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for China trip?

    get a roaming esim like airalo or nomad rather than a local one—local sims require real-name registration and you will be stuck behind the great firewall. roaming esims route traffic through hong kong or singapore so you can actually access google and slack without a flaky vpn. check the fine print on hotspotting because some china-specific plans throttle it once you tether, fwiw. month-long 20gb packs are standard now, but do not buy the "china mainland" specific ones unless they explicitly mention vpn-free access.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Korean eSIM problem

    honestly, if you are visiting and have an unlocked phone, just stick to travel esim providers like airalo or nomad. they bypass all that local carrier registration nonsense and usually perform better than the local prepaid garbage because they roam onto the best available tower without the imei headaches. unless you absolutely need a local 010 number for food delivery apps, the local carrier experience is not worth the blood pressure spike.

  • YT_unknowndeatheles 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best E-sim for visiting Turkey.

    I got an Airalo esim which has been super fast for me and its priced pretty well imo. You can also get an extra $3 off if you use code HASAN3205 at checkout which makes it cheaper

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • Dizzy-Wishbone-9760 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · I need an esim for travel

    Yeah this is actually important, turkey blocks some eSIM apps locally. So the safest thing is to install and activate everything before you travel, while you still have normal access. Once you land it works fine, but setting it up there can be a headache. As for providers, from what i’ve seen it really depends on what you’re looking for. Nomad is usually the best value option, Airalo is a bit more flexible and easy to use, and Holafly is better if you want unlimited data without worrying too much. I used holafly when i was there and didn’t have any issues, especially since everything was already set up before arrival

    Asie
  • NoAllocation1200 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for a Canada trip?

    Best one for me was Airalo. Worked in a lot of the major cities: Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal. Best part was the $4.50 discount code: MICHAE78676

  • gelxc 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for China trip?

    asked my cousin who went for business trip in china last year, she used airalo and it worked be. no vpn needed she said

    Asie
  • intubewebapp 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Esim recos for South Korea

    “Used Airalo + SK Telecom network—worked flawlessly in Seoul/Busan. For 5 days, even a small plan is more than enough 👍”

    Asie
  • Shot_Classroom_9983 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for China trip?

    On my experience from my last trip on China i used eSimity and the coverage and prices was way better than Airalo and Holafly. I used the Pay as you go option and i only payed for what you used with no expiration date

    Asie
  • Old_Acanthaceae281 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Holafly

    Airalo hands down. It’s saved me on my last 6 trips to different countries. Never had any issues with it. Anyone who wants to try they have a discount do $4.50 by using code: MICHAE78676

  • gc1 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · How to manage eSIM on kids phones?

    Just did this with a family trip to Japan. Did it for the wife too. You can download the Airalo app or one of a number of alternatives, and purchase eSIM's for the country you're going to. You can purchase multiple of the same country and duration (e.g. 7-day unlimited Japan). Each one can be activated either on the phone with the app (yours) or via QR code you scan from the phone you want to activate on (theirs). Each can be topped up by you if needed; do this prior to the end of the duration. You can also generally activate prior to your trip, as the eSIM's won't actually link to their home networks until you're in the supported country. (Your mileage will vary if you buy a global SIM.). This is a fun thing to do after you get to the airport 3 hours early for your international flight and have nothing better to do after you've made the rounds of the starbucks, duty-free and sundries stores, lounges, and other curiosities. Make sure to: \- \[probably, if you have an iPhone and want to keep iMessage working\] Leave the old SIM turned on, but turn data roaming off for it. Also turn on wifi calling before you leave your home country. \- Turn the new SIM on and make sure data roaming is turned on for it \- Set cellular data to the new SIM, once you're in the air and on wifi \- Turn data roaming ON for the new SIM -- this is a key step that's easy to miss

    ActivationIllimitéJapon
  • ptolani 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best Esims for road tripping through Austria and Slovenia?

    I think Airalo has changed, and your information is now out of date. Their main site says: > Most Airalo eSIM Card plans are data-only and do not include traditional calls or SMS. However, users can make calls and send messages using internet-based apps like WhatsApp, Skype, or FaceTime. I could not find any eSIM plan that includes calls or SMS. My impression is there are extremely few eSIM providers now including a phone number, and those that do (like Bouygues) are quite expensive.

  • SimcornerTeam 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim suggestions for Netherlands

    For a week in the Netherlands with light use, go for a simple Europe plan instead of country-specific ones. These usually cost less and still give solid coverage. Some budget-friendly options worth checking: \- Airalo, often one of the cheapest, small data plans (like 1–3GB) work well for maps, messaging, and light browsing \- Nomad eSIM, similar pricing, sometimes better speeds depending on the network partner \- SimCorner, slightly higher price at times, but more stable connection based on traveler feedback, especially across Europe If you’re just using Google Maps, WhatsApp, and occasional browsing, 1–2GB for the week is usually enough. Quick tip, check if your phone is unlocked and supports eSIM before buying. Are you planning to stay mostly in cities like Amsterdam, or moving around different areas? That can help narrow it down further.

    EuropePas cher
  • Meniac604 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Charming_Round6537 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM recommendations for Spain

    Airalo doensn´t worked fine for me in Italy kept dropping in rural areas even in city center, switched to esim for Spain and the Smart Multi-Network option handled spotty coverage way better over 10 days.

    Europe
  • jetjet230805 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Heading to the Nordics (DK, FI, IS, NO) in 1 month. Need eSIM advice for first timer 🌍

    Yeah I had the exact same concern before my Nordic trip. Not so much about speed, but more about how annoying it gets when you keep switching eSIMs between countries and suddenly can’t receive OTP texts when you need them. I used Airalo at first and it worked fine for data, but after a while the whole data only and short expiry thing became a hassle. I had to keep checking usage, buying new plans, and it just kept interrupting the trip. What worked better for me later was sticking to one global plan. I’ve been using the Uquid Discover+ Global eSIM, the 20GB one that lasts a year. It’s not about having the fastest speed, but more about not needing to think about connectivity anymore. I moved between countries without changing anything, still had data, plus a number for calls and OTP which solved a lot of small but annoying issues. Recharge was also straightforward when I needed more data, and I liked that I could just pay with USDT instead of dealing with cards while traveling. For your case in the Nordics, honestly most providers will give you good speed. I’d just think about whether you want to optimize for price or for convenience. If you’re moving a lot, not having to keep buying and setting up new eSIMs every few days made a bigger difference than I expected.

    Europe
  • UniversalTechZone 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Cheap esim for a number of countries

    As a Canadian who’s political our cellular costs are outrageously high, I’d look at Airalo if your okay only depending on data. It’s the best most reliable option. You will not find any good options landing in Canada and internet access is poor from businesses as we’ve started become more cellular dependent.

  • Hannahshear 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Randomredditnames24 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Which eSIM for 10-day USA trip? esim.io vs others

    I've done a lot of research into eSIMs and a few things I would say is that duration isn't a big factor in cost - take Airalo USA plans for example - 5GB for 7 days is the same price as 5GB for 15 days and almost the same as 5GB for 30 days. The main thing is the amount of data (you may as well get the longer plan). In terms of reliability all eSIM providers are doing really is sending you a bit of code that grants you access to a mobile carriers network so they should all be as reliable as each other in that respect but there are two things to consider in my opinion: 1. Latency - many of the cheaper eSIM providers route through Hong Kong or Israel (not sure why those two but there you go) and this can introduce delays in data delivery if your in a distant country. If you can choose a provider who uses a routing/breakout IP in the country you're travelling to then you get zero latency. 2. Network - In the US most eSIM providers will use T-mobile or Verizon which is fine IMO but if you want to check which networks work best you can look at opensignal reports. I haven't used eSIM.io but I have found providers that will do 10GB for 30days for $10-$14 that use a US IP and T-mobile. The first time I used an eSIM I used Airalo and it worked fine but having used other much cheaper providers and found they work fine I for one wouldn't pay the fees the likes of Airalo or Saily are charging - you are essentially paying almost double what you need to for the same data and just wasting money 

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • MikeThePenguin__ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for use in China that bypasses GFW by tunneling traffic outside of China

    I used Airalo during my super short trip to China last time I was there, and it worked flawlessly. I bought the package beforehand and activated it beforehand as well. When my plane landed I immediately has full access. I believe it is routed through Singaporean servers, so that should also be fine for you I believe?

    ActivationAsie
  • Emotional-Umpire8382 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Turkey?

    I went to Istanbul a couple of weeks ago. Two important things to remember, Turkey doesn't like esimm cards, they blocked them inside of Turkey. It happened to me that Holafly uses FUP fair use policy and after two days and 2.6 gigs of usage, Holafly was locked for 24 hours. I couldn't use my taxi app and had to walk 30 minutes to my hotel. I couldn't install Airalo inside Turkey. Now I am in Italy and I am using both Holafly and Airalo, to me Airalo is more reliable.

    ActivationAsieEurope
  • Traditional-Goose177 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Ultra_BeaverKnight 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • cptDreamboat 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · I need an esim for travel

    Airalo is probably your best bet, they've got Turkey specific plans in the 5 10GB range which should be plenty for a few weeks. Just make sure your phone actually supports eSIM first though. esimcheck.app will tell you

    Asie
  • Nearby-Sand-384 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Stealth77 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · 5G Support On Google Pixel phones

    I'm travelling in the USA at the moment and have not been able to get 5G with an Airalo eSIM (stuck on LTE the whole time) on my Google Pixel 10 Pro XL (international variant). I had the same problem with Ubigi when I last travelled to the US (with an international Google Pixel 7 Pro). I'd really like to know which eSIMs will give me 5G network connectivity in the US for next time.

    États-Unis
  • Novel_Savings_4184 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Fair-Armadillo469 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Traveling to London, what's the best eSIM provider for data and calls? :)

    Most eSIMs are data-only anyway, and Airalo is fine, but it can be a bit inconsistent. For anyone interested, I created [**this comparison sheet**](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQWNUmLM5dizlNUd11-DT00re2oq2McdJf9mqRcJ1yd_X-981glzqq_7nLPi0MD4Q/pubhtml) after a few trips (including the UK) to see what’s actually worth it.

  • thatgirlish 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo or holafly?

    I highly recommend airalo as an e sim! I’ve been using it for over a year in Europe and Asia (including Japan and South Korea) and it’s one of the cheapest ones out there, never had any issues with slow wifi. I like that they do multiple regions/continents too so if you’re visiting different countries you can purchase one e sim  instead of buying many. It’s so simple and easy to use, I usually purchase the Sim I want before my flight at home so I can avoid any potential slow public Wi-Fi issues when at the airport and when I’m at the airport at the destination I’ll just activate it then. I'm going to China and Australia next month and will be using it I have a code that gives you money off your first e sim if you’d like! You simply download the app and purchase the e sim of your choice and select whenever you want to redeem it. [https://ref.airalo.com/Ni43](https://ref.airalo.com/Ni43) or enter this code ISRAT7824 xx

    ActivationAsieEuropeJaponPas cher
  • eafwelements 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Ok_Relationship_5382 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here!

    Hi everyone, I’m going to the Netherlands, France, and Italy for about a month and I’m trying to find the best eSIM for coverage and price. I looked at Airalo first because it seems to be the one everyone talks about, but it honestly feels a little expensive for what you get. I mostly just need reliable data for maps, messaging, social media, and general travel stuff. I’d love something that works well across all three countries without costing too much. Has anyone used an eSIM in these countries recently and had a really good experience? Open to any recommendations. Thanks!

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • Funny-Funny-8501 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for 4 months

    I’ve been using a yearly plan from MobiSIM and it has worked well for me every time. They also seem to have different packages depending on the countries you’re traveling to, so it’s pretty flexible. In my opinion, using an eSIM while traveling is definitely worth it. It makes everything much easier. I’ve also used Airalo, but for the same type of service, MobiSIM is cheaper.

  • sfaznpinoy2023 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · how to restore eID in google pixel 7a?

    Thanks. Not sure how to do that and I'm scared of messing things up. I've been in contact with Airalo since it's their esim that I deleted and messed things up. The first rep told me that sometimes this deletion creates a "ghost profile" so it thinks the esim is still occupied. see 1st attachment. However, after a whole day of back and forth...they're telling me now that since eID is no longer in my phone...I will not be able to install any esim....which I know already. see 2nd attachment So what do I need to do? Buy a replacement costing at least 300 euros? https://preview.redd.it/w82rh33c8usg1.jpeg?width=1200&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b0082e4fdaee79c4243119bf2ad486aa7b6ffd49 Supposedly, they escalated the situation....well see.

    ActivationRemboursement
  • ajdaggers 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Icy_Lengthiness_2384 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Consistent connection issues with all data esims while travelling

    When you contacted Airalo did they assist with any troubleshooting? Also their website has a troubleshooting guide. [https://www.airalo.com/help/troubleshooting/0UEL63PDK5IJ/why-is-my-esim-not-working/X7ZYBK1S7GA8](https://www.airalo.com/help/troubleshooting/0UEL63PDK5IJ/why-is-my-esim-not-working/X7ZYBK1S7GA8)

  • elimran98 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Suggestions for Costa Rica

    Airalo! It worked perfectly well, I’m forgetting the network it connected to there but we had no issues connecting and staying connected the whole trip. We were in some pretty remote and rural places as well and the service was solid, fast data speeds

  • Based-in-Bangkok 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Terrible experience with Holafly

    I’ve used Airalo successfully for a long time and it’s been pretty consistent for me, especially in the last year. Feel free to use my referral code MATTHE4885 to get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM.

    r/eSIMs · Airalo or holafly?

    I’ve used Airalo all over Asia and it’s been good for me! I usually get the unlimited package and activate it at the airport before I fly. Feel free to use my referral code MATTHE4885 to get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM.

    ActivationAsieIllimité
    r/eSIMs · Best Reliable Esim for Regional Europe

    Airalo has been great for me! Reliable in most regions and easy to set up. Do note the unlimited package is a bit pricey and you need to label all your data lines and keep track of it otherwise you’ll turn on/off the wrong lines which is annoying! Feel free to use my referral code MATTHE4885 to get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM. Happy travels

    ActivationIllimité
  • funpig2021 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Japan and Korea

    I have used Ubigi in both Japan and South Korea. It worked well and is slightly cheaper than Airalo. My next esim will be Roamless because it is pay as you go, which should work out cheaper for me because I don't use that much data while travelling and I value the ability to make in-app phone calls. A friend just came back from Japan and Korea and tested Roamless. He said it worked fine.

    r/eSIMs · Besides Saily eSIM, what other good eSIM options for Japan + Korea travel?

    Ubigi worked well for me in two separate trips to Japan and South Korea. In South Korea, my wife tested Airalo because she got a referral from a friend. In our metro ride from the airport to Seoul, my ubigi connected instantly. However, my wife's airalo took about 30 minutes of fiddling before she finally connected. She did not have any further problems for the rest of the trip.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · best eSIM for 2 weeks in Tokyo ?

    Ubigi worked for us and is slightly cheaper than Airalo. For both, look for a referral code. You should be able to find referral codes somewhere in Reddit. My next esim will be Roamless. I think that pay as you go will be much cheaper than paying for fixed data.

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi in South Korea any experience ?

    Yes. I used Ubigi in S. Korea, including Seoul, Gyeongju, Busan and Jeju Island. It worked right away and I had no issues. My wife had an esim from Airalo, which had some difficulties connecting during the first hour while we were taking a metro from the airport to Seoul. However, once she was able to get it started, it also worked fine.

    ActivationAsie
  • Bill_Comer 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Central America

    Airalo global and the saily sims both worked really well for us. I used the airalo global as it is one of the very few regional Sims that includes Belize.

    r/eSIMs · Any Saily recent experience?

    We're traveling from Mexico to Panama. Wife has saily, I have airalo. Both generally working well, both less so when you get rural but overall both pretty good. We went with both for reliability but airalo covers Belize on their global SIM. Belize only Sims are really expensive so their global SIM is great value if traveling through

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • Fly-by-Night- 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Far_Specific4836 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo Unlimited Japan eSIM Speed test results

    The entire roaming eSIM business works on arbitrage. For example, Airalo buys datausage at 1 cent per gigabyte at 20mbps, then Airalo package it and sell as a plan for $50 per simcardfor $5 days. ARoaming networks are slower because the expectations for connectivity is much less than a full user. Also, t

  • indyemmett 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Holafly

    I was in Ireland and Airalo wouldn't work on any of our family devices. I spent hours trying to get support with no help. Very frustrating when you're at an airport with no service. Later I received a generic emails that "Unfortunately, we are experiencing a temporary Service Degradation issue that has been preventing you from connecting." I finally went with Holafly and spent weeks trying to get my money back from Airalo.

    EuropeRemboursement
  • jfuu_ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo Unlimited Japan eSIM Speed test results

    Airalo is routing your connection via Olivette, MO (from the test ID: https://www.speedtest.net/result/7002872004), which can be part of the reason. If you used a local SIM (e.g. Sakura Mobile), you get routed via Japan and have a Japanese IP. The downside to this is sites end up in Japanese quite a lot, but the upside is good speeds (I got >250MB/s on Sakura Mobile on 5G).

  • vyerkxon 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Trip.com vs Airalo

    Took the lowest $4 airalo and $3.5 trip.com sim. Whichever works will renew. Easy and cheap

    Pas cher
  • CompassAItravels 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · eSim for Europe

    Agree with u/Slippery_Ramp \- Airalo is the way to go. Used it in Asia and it was brilliant. Had some mates visit me in Europe (I live in London) and they had no problems with it when we trecked Europe together.

    AsieEurope
  • Slippery_Ramp 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · eSim for Europe

    I used an Airalo eSIM while traveling through France, Germany and Belgium and The Netherlands in December. I paid $20 for 5 GB of data that I had to top up once at the end of my trip with 1GB for $5. (I was there for 33 days). I only had trouble once and they were immediately responsive and helpful - there's a chat function on their app. I will definitely use them again for my next trip. General eSIM advice, make sure your phone accepts them (if you have an iPhone X or older, for instance, you won't be able to use them). Also make sure your phone is unlocked.

    EuropeRemboursement
  • TrainingTutor7755 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · North Macedonia and Serbia

    I would go with mobimatter sparks Balkans Special 5 GB or 10gb. 9 dollars for 5gb or 15 dollars for 10gb also includes Europe. It is cheapest right now compared airalo and Maya.

    r/eSIMs · RakuRaku Issues. Any ideas?

    You might want to go through support.  You can try Airalo free Japan esim. If you did not buy any sim from them. If you did you can create a new account. Or you can use Roamless free 350mb for Japan. 

    JaponPas cher
  • DocPanUK 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ibra86him 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • julys_rose 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • mizukijayne12 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best eSIM for Spain? Prices seem all over the place

    Yeah personally I always use a downloadable e-sim from Airlo, they have loads of packages just data based too (unlimited included) and aren't too expensive. But I am a creature of habit, when I find it works I tend to just use the same thing especially because it's easy to set up

    ActivationIllimitéPas cher
  • AdFun7364 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • SnooCompliments3241 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travel advice when using Airalo

    My data drained like a sieve when I used Airalo. I never had the issue when using e sims purchased at the airport in-country or at home. It was nuts - like 5gb gone in a day. I don’t recommend them. My personal hotspot also wouldn’t work until I spent 30 minutes looking through message boards learning how to change specific settings. It was a nightmare

    Hotspot
  • SteveFCA 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

  • All_w0rk_and_n0_play 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Going to the UK, Germany, and Netherlands- never used an eSIM

    Just returned from London where 5 days in to an 8 day trip my Airalo eSIM failed. 3 hours later on WhatsApp chat via WiFi, they couldn’t figure out the issue and without prompting from me said they will refund my money and cancel the eSIM. I ended up getting Holafly for the remainder of my trip. It was very frustrating.

    EuropeRemboursement
  • EfficiencyGeek 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for a trip to Spain? Vodafone?

    Just tried adding while in Chicago a few days before going to Madrid. Good deal at 10 Eur for 80GB, 28 days but you need to authenticate (passport picture, then selfie), and you get esim install instructions upon arrival. And there is no email or ability to view the status of my purchase, authentication. So not clear if I will have a working eSim by the time I land in Madrid. One of the benefits of an esim is that it works upon landing. I ended up buying an esim from airalo. It's more expensive, but I can install while in Chicago, it activates upon landing, and no passport authentication required.

    ActivationEuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • YetAnotherInterneter 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Going to the UK, Germany, and Netherlands- never used an eSIM

    Just get a local eSim, it will be far cheaper than the likes of Airalo, Holafly, Saily, etc. For the UK: **1p Mobile** is a good option. £10 ($13 USD) for 50GB of data. It includes free EU roaming so you could actually use it in Germany & The Netherlands too. Depends how long you are planning on spending in each country.

  • Boring-Mixture4479 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • SmallAppendixEnergy 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • DidierMTL 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

  • lemoncuboid 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • luvisrageeeee 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Avoid Orange Travel if you value your vacation

    I agree. Vacationing in the MENA area, spent $30 all for it to not even work. Did all the steps outlined, still didn’t work. Interestingly enough Airalo worked. As did Holafly and other services in the past. Fuck Orange Travel. I can’t wait to chargeback and get my money from these thieves.

  • Just_Avocado2761 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • DeliciousCut4854 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Imaginary_Fondant_88 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM Recommendations for Australia and New Zealand

    About to fly home from Auckland. Ordered the Jetpac 30GB for 21 days in New Zealand. Overall very happy with their service. Reception has been good on most of the South Island and North of North Island. Auckland has been very good. Ofcourse there is areas with no reception at all, especially on longer remote drives on the South Island, but my original Sim also had no reception on those spots. While 5G in general was hard to come by outside of the bigger cities (Auckland, Queenstown, Christchurch, Whangarei) we mostly had LTE and were even easily able to do remote work (hotspot through phone) with our LTE connection in Bay of Islands. All in all, great connection and very good value. (Also easy and quick to to install) Tried Airalo over the summer and that was a lot more complicated, so will try Jetpac while in Europe over the summer. Have no other eSIM services to compare to, but can definitely recommend Jetpac.

    Activation
  • Global_Struggle1913 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Brilliant-Painting18 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Looking for an eSIM with high-speed data (no throttle) in Europe — 50GB or more/month?

    Go to Orange Travel. They are the only one to provide true unlimited, no throttle. For comparison: - Holafly and Airalo: their unlimited offers included 3go per day before caping your speed to 1mbps - Orange travel: no throttling, it’s true unlimited Bonus: Orange is a French company, they own the network in Europe so their coverage is great and their price is competitive.

    Illimité
  • mungerwisdom 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is free Wi-Fi enough for a Bali trip, or do you need mobile data as well?

    Save yourself the headache and just get a local Bali eSIM. Go with Telkomsel. Here is the deal: if you buy a global eSIM (like Saily or Airalo), you’re getting a data-only plan. That is a rookie mistake for Bali. You need a local Indonesian (+62) number to properly use Gojek and Grab. Without a local number, registering or communicating with drivers for ride-hailing is a nightmare. Why Local > Global: - Reliability: Cafe Wi-Fi in Bali is notoriously hit-or-miss. Don’t be the person stuck at a table for 2 hours just because the connection dropped while you were trying to book a ride. - Time is Money: You’ve already dropped thousands on flights and hotels. Don’t penny-pinch over a $15 eSIM. On holiday, your time is your most valuable currency—don't waste it hunting for free Wi-Fi. - Cost: Local SIMs are significantly cheaper than those "traveler" global apps. I got mine from [Balitel](https://www.balitel.com). They are way cheaper than the kiosks at the airport. They have direct passport registration access to Telkomsel. I was a bit sketched out about sending my passport details online at first, but since they have a direct link for the mandatory IMEI registration, it was seamless and felt secure. TL;DR: Buy a local Telkomsel eSIM before you land

    Asie
  • Exotic_Swordfish2085 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best Travel eSIM for 2 weeks in Europe

    Globie has the best and at the same time cheapest eSims from my perspective! [https://globie.io/products/esim-europe](https://globie.io/products/esim-europe) I've been using AirAlo and the Revolut eSim in the past but they re quite costly IMO

  • noone314 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Reloadable E-Sim

    Well Airalo is pretty cheap in Australia if you only want data. For a 30 day plan, 5GB for $11 usd, 10gb for $18, 20gb for $30, and 50Gb for $45 If you want a discount referral code dm me and I think we both get $3 In my experience Airalo is the highest quality eSIM provider but sometimes more expensive than others. That said I glanced at another eSIM provider and it’s the same price

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • mahboob2 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • TraderDoen 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • RedAznWill 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · 21 days Unlimited in Japan

    I’ve used Klook, Ubigi, Airalo, and they all work great. I use Klook when I buy a limited Gig package. Their unlimited plan does throttle the data after their daily limit of 10gig (reset each day), but they do allow hotspots. For a 21 day trip, I would just get a 30 day unlimited. All providers are pretty reliable in speed and reliability, so I would pick the cheapest plan with any discount/referral codes available. I would just purchase one eSim first for the yourself. When you purchase from a provider, they will typically send you a discount code for your next purchase. You can also use your new account and refer your kids for a discount. Make sure all 3 phones are unlocked prior to purchasing an eSim. Current cost for an unlimited data only 30 day plan: Klook: $64 minus $5 (referral codes: 8SHBH4). If you have a Capital One credit card, their Capital One Shopping (app or link from your account), has a 3.5% bonus rebate/cash back if you purchase it with your card through their link. Airalo: $74 minus $3 (referral code: WILL1321). Capital One Shopping has a bonus of 3% cash back with their link. Airalo does send out emails for discounts for future purchases. I currently have a 15% discount off my next purchase (max $5). Ugibi: $65 minus 20% off (referral code: EMRUZ47S). This is probably the best deal I found. $52 on your first purchase. When you refer a person, that person would get 20% off, but you will get an email with a one time referral code to receive 50% off on your next purchase. I travel with two phones, so I referred myself (different account and email on each phone). Set one account up first, make the purchase with the 20% discount. Get your referral code from the app. On one of the kids phone, set up another account and make a purchase using your referral code. Do not purchase an eSim on the third phone until you get an email that your referral was successful. That email will contain a one time 50% discount code. Download the Ubigi app on the 3rd phone with your login and make a purchase with the 50% discount. Your total should be $136.50 for all 3 eSim ($52, $52, $32.5). Not knowing what your usage will be, I recommend the unlimited for a peace of mind.

  • Relative-Ad-6238 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • yes_but_no9 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · What’s the best eSIM provider for traveling in 2026?

    I used to use Airalo quite a lot until I started to need to reach out to customer support pretty often and change something in my settings. I looked into other providers after that and tried Saily. So far I used it a few times already and had no problem with it.

  • koldinkanada 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · The Breakup Letter....

    Good question. I've used Airalo several times with success. However, I've reviewed Roamless. You buy what you want and it doesn't expire. It's slightly more than Airalo but cheaper in the long run as it doesn't expire. I'm using this for my trip to London next month.

  • Kindly_Office_4237 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Routine_Mess17 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • chay-rarles 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • sgtfrx 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esims for Thailand / iPhone 16

    At this point there are only a few options. They have been recently tightening up KYC regulations in Thailand. Your two main options for a Thailand specific eSim are: \- DTAC/True \- AIS Both offer esims you can purchase from their sites directly. Airalo offers the DTAC sims.

    Asie
  • FelisCantabrigiensis 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • VisibleYogurt869 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best Reliable Esim for Regional Europe

    I have recently used Saily and Airalo. Used in Spain, Portugal, Belgium and the UK. Saily used in the UK and Switzerland. I was using a Samsung 25. Only bought data and used Whatsapp for calls etc. Overall, Airalo connected quicker and had more data stability. Saily for me not so much. Highly suggest what it's worth getting Nord VPN especially if you are using a hotel or cafe WIFI. Saily of course is owned by Nord lol 😆. Enjoy your trip

    Europe
  • t0m4t0z 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Free eSIM for testing?

    I’ve used temporary eSIMs a few times for short trips when I needed data without a long-term plan. Airalo and Nomad are my go-tos for quick, cheap data packs (often $5-10 for 1-5GB that last 7-30 days), easy to activate and cancel after. For Australia specifically, I tried [Telsim](https://www.telsim.com.au/) on a recent visit. They have affordable short-term plans and it activated instantly on my phone after the update.

    ActivationPas cherRemboursement
  • throwaway63464748 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Avoiding roaming charges in the UK – what actually works?

    I just used Airalo for the first time when travelling and found it super easy.. I bought the eSIM then downloaded the app and it installed itself when I was in-country. If you want a referral code try LAURA53622 for €3 off, otherwise just buy it in the app. I did some research before picking this one and saw bad reviews for some of the bigger telcos’ eSIMs. I was skeptical about this one too but it ended up being fine. :)

    Activation
  • amit_ros 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSim reccomendations for Paris

    Voye Global eSIM has been working amazing for me both in NYC and in Paris. Better reception than Airalo because they work with multiple providers, and they also have unlimited plans for very cheap. There’s this coupon code that gives you 5$ discount: REF-1EC895D5

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · E-sim for New York

    Voye Global eSIM has been working amazing for me both in NYC and in Paris. Better reception than Airalo because they work with multiple providers, and they also have unlimited plans for very cheap. There’s this coupon code that gives you 5$ discount: REF-1EC895D5

    r/eSIMs · Cheapest USA e-sim

    Voye Global eSIM has been working amazing for me both in NYC and in Paris. Better reception than Airalo because they work with multiple providers, and they also have unlimited plans for very cheap. There’s this coupon code that gives you 5$ discount: REF-1EC895D5

    r/eSIMs · Looking for eSIM recommendations for 15 days in NYC 🇺🇸

    Voye Global eSIM has been working amazing for me both in NYC and in Paris. Better reception than Airalo because they work with multiple providers, and they also have unlimited plans for very cheap. There’s this coupon code that gives you 5$ discount: REF-1EC895D5

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
  • rasser1 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo IP routing location (in)accuracy?

    As of the 4th of February, this is still the case, and all Airalo eSIMs on their app are currently being mis-sold. I bought one last night as it said the IP location was Thailand so I wanted to try it out while travelling, sure enough it was not correct and the IP breakout was The Netherlands. Live chat refunded the SIM eventually, but Airalo really need to fix this.

    Remboursement
  • islas-purple-boots 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Thailand and Vietnam recommendation

    I was in Vietnam in November and used Airalo and they connect to the Viettel 5G network :) super quick connection and no issues setting it up or using it as a hotspot

    ActivationAsieHotspot
  • PeacefulCW 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Roamless Flex over Airalo for me

    But one is able to purchase "area" or regional esims with Airalo, correct? I'm not proposing A as I've always thought that they were a bit expensive but I do believe that both regional and global solutions are available albeit at yet even more expensive options. I'm liking what I see for Roamless as a backup to my current phone plan which includes international roaming.

  • Trixerl 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Thailand and Vietnam recommendation

    I used NOMAD eSIMs apps for both two weeks ago. Worked great and fast speeds. They have a deal on 10gb+ plans in Vietnam, or at least they did then. I’ve used Airalo before which was fine but they’re double the price.

  • ConfusedCocoCapybara 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • GreatTao 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Jetpac for Asia?

    >I’ve found the Jetpac Asia one that seems to be cheapest Check out airalo, they are way cheaper than Jetpac, even with their current 35% off. Even my local telco is cheaper than Jetpac.

    AsiePas cher
  • Quick_Ad_8323 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad or redteago or airalo for china trip?

    I used Airalo for Europe and they were really reliable - 4G/5G throughout except Switzerland. I liked them cus they were unlimited (which they really were). For sure they have an eSim for China too. My sister used Airalo, but if you compute the price and data usage, Holafly is more worth it because it’s unlimited. My sister’s Airalo ran out after 5 days. She only got the 10 GB for 20$ something. Meanwhile, I paid 50$ for unlimited Holafly. I was a heavy user because I was the one who navigated, uses social media, and video call people.

    EuropeIllimitéRapport qualité-prix
  • yoitsmeyoguy 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best Global eSIM?

    I have tried ubigi as suggested to me by my friend and omg i am happy! Tried purchasing sim and renting a pocket wifi before but nothing is more convenient than using ubigi. Airalo i tried also before but ubigi is more cheaper. Also used a code for 20% which i saw via fb. You can use this code for 20% off: 8GVET19S Used the 10gb promo for $17 but only got it for $13.60. I had no problems whatsoever and it was more than enough for my 6 day trip. You don’t have to worry about accidentally going on roaming since they have a setting for that too

    r/eSIMs · Finding the right esims for travel

    I have tried ubigi as suggested to me by my friend and omg i am happy! Tried purchasing sim and renting a pocket wifi before but nothing is more convenient than using ubigi. Airalo i tried also before but ubigi is more cheaper. Also used a code for 20% which i saw via fb. You can use this code for 20% off: 8GVET19S Used the 10gb promo for $17 but only got it for $13.60. I had no problems whatsoever and it was more than enough for my 6 day trip. You don’t have to worry about accidentally going on roaming since they have a setting for that too

    r/eSIMs · Travel eSIMs: a practical breakdown (and a few opinions)

    I have tried ubigi as suggested to me by my friend and omg i am happy! Tried purchasing sim and renting a pocket wifi before but nothing is more convenient than using ubigi. Airalo i tried also before but ubigi is more cheaper. Also used a code for 20% which i saw via fb. You can use this code for 20% off: 8GVET19S Used the 10gb promo for $17 but only got it for $13.60. I had no problems whatsoever and it was more than enough for my 6 day trip. You don’t have to worry about accidentally going on roaming since they have a setting for that too

  • floataboveit 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • xsmogx 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Confirmed working 5g esim for Google pixel phone

    Hi, I've just been to USA, my 2 fellow travellers with iPhone bought the same Airalo eSIM which no issue getting 5G meanwhile I was stuck on 4G. I'm sure if I would take my Samsung S23 Ultra with me I would have done better. (Got Pixel 10 Pro). Which country you've used Roamless in successfully connecting to 5G?

    États-Unis
  • AloneLandscape5085 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • red_socks294 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Two ‘travel’ eSIMs at once?

    note: my example is using 2 US-based sims (xfinity mobile and t-mobile but it will work the same.) it depends on which one you have selected under settings > cellular > cellular data. for example, in the attached ss, it will use my Xfinity esim for data but I will be able to receive calls. when on a call, it will use the sim that the call is connected on for data. if I receive a call on my T-Mobile number but I have my Xfinity line active for data, while on the call it will use the data from my T-Mobile number. it appears that airalo uses the Spark network so I would advise using a One NZ travel esim to ensure the best coverage. from my experience, one has way more 5G deployed but there are some dead zones where Spark has coverage but One doesn’t. however it appears that one’s cheapest travel eSIM is nz$50 for 10gb and unlimited calls/text and spark’s cheapest esim is nz$30 for 2gb and 200mins/txt. also from my experience: you mostly don’t need a mobile number in NZ most places won’t ask for one. it’s just more helpful to have if you’re contacting restaurants, relatives etc https://preview.redd.it/80r4e8a5iueg1.jpeg?width=1284&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=48e0a6fce84bfed66ea7acedf156d9f848c6ce59

  • YL-Strong 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSim for unlocked iPhone 12 for teen traveling to Europe

    We just used 3 different eSIMs during Christmas and new years in Europe. Airalo. Yesim. Nomad. The word “activate” and “install” are confusing. After you purchase. You “install” the app but it is the word “activate” that is shown on the blue bar. So you’d press “activate” to continue the “install process”. When you are done installing. It does not mean it’s “activated”. At this time you still using your primary sim on the phone. When you arrive destination then you’d “activate” it by toggle off your primary line and toggle on eSIM.

    ActivationEurope
  • Ok-Pea-4838 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · I need a UK/US permanent number with the least cost possible. Is eSIM my solution?

    esim works but you need one that: 1. has data plan active (not just number) 2. from a legit carrier (not voip) 3. can receive SMS for verification options: - airalo its data esim, decent but not always carrier grade for tiktok detection - US mobile, Mint, etc, actual US carrier esims but usually need US address - UK: giffgaff, three some work internationally the challenge is maintaining it long-term and most esims are designed for travelers, not for permanent use alternatively use a geo-verified account service that handles the sim/device on their end so you just post through dashboard like tokportal, they do this for US and its cleaner than managing esims yourself

  • Econoloca 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Esim recommendation for Turkey

    Bigger more popular companies etc can charge more. Companies needing costumers are cheaper. Had the same dilema between going to airalo and sparks for the uk, was very happy with sparks and it was half the price almost.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Umi reliability

    Sparks is 6 dls! Literally just paid it. Actually it is 6.30. Sorry Airalo is as expensive. But also the leading company with thousands of reviews. What’s weird is they don’t even say how much is the pay as you go other than an activation 3.40 fee. I get you work for Umi based on the fact that when googling the website your LinkedIn post comes out even before (also not great how hard it was to find said website) and you believe in it. But my two cents if you believe in it you should a) offer much more competitive prices, b) publish the pay as you go rates very clearly!

    r/eSIMs · Umi reliability

    Both airalo, holafly, sparks, wim (for Mexico) are all apps! Never seen one that’s a website.

    Activation
  • imanateater 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Has anyone used esim.dog?

    I dunno but in the cellular details it showed Polish numbers, but it was showing Costa rican networks. So, not sure what's up. I also tried ETravelSim which kinda worked but was too spotty where I am. Eventually had to use Airalo which is working well.

  • Jim1648 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Help Me Decide Which I Should Select For International On Our February Cruise

    Thank you for the reply. I was considering one for Caribbean and one for Latin America, but it looks like Global plans aren't that much more for Airalo. I am also trying to determine how much data we might use at each port of call. I know that 7 days isn't quite long enough since our Montego Bay, Jamaica stop and Puerto Limon, Costa Rica stop are more than 7 days apart*.* I can focus on global 15 day plans. That seems to break down as: **Airalo** Global (138 Countries) 2GB (15 Days) $16.50 **AloSIM** Global (148 Countries) 2GB (15 Days) $18.00 **Nomad** doesn't have a 15 day plan. **Saily** Global 2GB (15 Days) $16.49

  • thefinnbear 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim recommendation for Turkey

    I've only used Airalo, last time in last December / early January. Worked well, but you need to activate it before arriving in Turkey, as the app is blocked there (data only). For calls you need a local eSIM, e.g. Turkcell. Turkish tourist SIMs are quite expensive, most likely eSIMs too.

    ActivationAsie
  • therealginslinger 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ExpertLeg8881 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • New_You8646 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM Recommendations and General Info

    So, basically how it works is that you buy a plan; for most of them, you just have to scan a QR code, and you are online in minutes. For short trips in Europe, a regional eSIM is the easiest option. One plan works across many countries. I personally recommend Airalo. I used it myself and had no issues. Setup was fast, and coverage was solid. Most travel eSIMs are data only. That means no regular calls or SMS. If you need normal calls or texts, you might need to get a local physical SIM instead. [https://airalo.tp.st/VzYmdiyo](https://airalo.tp.st/VzYmdiyo)

    ActivationEurope
  • Nikto_90 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Umi reliability

    Airalo 5GB for 30 days is $13. Umi is 13.99. How is that 1.5 times? Are we looking at different sites?

  • trappedinurlabyrinth 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · ESIM questions both AU/NZ

    Phone wise you should be OK. Someone else might have a suggestion on how to deal with Metro PCS. But as far as I can tell, you can't use your Metro PCS service (roaming) in Australia :( You can buy Telstra eSIMs by installing the "My Telstra" app. BUT you can only purchase and load an Australian eSIM once you have gone through immigration/passport control in Australia. (The airport will have WiFi so you should still be able to get it done before you leave the airport) See here for Telstra's offerings: [https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/prepaid-esim-plans](https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/prepaid-esim-plans) If you are anxious and need a backup, you could use an eSIM app like Airalo or Saily to have something ready before you take off, but I (as an Australian) do not recommend using them as your primary option. (Plus, very few of these international "eSIM apps" support phone calls and text messages, they only do data)

    Activation
  • XLioncc 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Spirited-Charge-3830 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Italy eSIM advice (URGENT)

    Get Google Fi since you're in the USA. Their unlimited plan has free texting while out of country and unlimited wifi calling in Italy. You can port your existing number over as well. Airalo is one of the most expensive esim providers. Check out mobimatter as well. They aggregate a bunch of esim providers.

  • howfastcanyoucountit 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · New to eSIM, losing the freedom of buying local physical SIMs

    honestly since esims the time of having to physically go anywhere for a sim in a different country is basically gone now. I just buy the cheapest eSIM with the best pricing per GB. This is what I did in Canada and I do very often now as being 30 minutes from the border to Windsor and me being 19 now im able to travel over the border by myself. My verizon plan will give me 2gb of data that is usually good enough for buying an esim/basic web browsing. I was able to figure out TELUS usually always had the best speeds so I would usually buy a sim from someone like Tuque Mobile who allows you to use Bell, Telus, or Rogers. Turns out to get a prepaid esim from any of them you need documents, but this is basically the next best thing. Apps like Airalo and Firstly just make it too damn easy, Firsty tends to have better pricing though.

    Activation
  • FrequentFractionator 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Horror_Zucchini2886 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Esim for study abroad in Scotland

    Decide if you want to set everything up before flying: pick Saily, Airalo, or Jetpac, aim for 10-20 GB for the first month, and see how far it goes. You typically need a UK address or in-country presence for full activation on local prepaid eSIMs, but resellers like eSIMCards or eSIM.net offer. Visitor-Friendly Alternatives Resellers bypass this by offering instant QR codes without login or UK details: eSIMCards.co.uk: Prepaid EE/Vodafone PAYG eSIMs for visitors/students, activate anywhere with WiFi. 1 2 eSIM.net: O2/Three/EE eSIMs with voice/data/ SMS, no account needed upfront. 3 4 Holafly/SimLocal: Travel-focused on EE/Three networks, QR immediate after purchase. 5 6 I always find Vodafone is always a reliable operation

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Orlando theme parks (Disney/Universal) in March 2026?

    "Thanks everyone! Leaning toward Saily (T-Mobile/AT&T) and Airalo (T-Mobile)—both get solid Orlando park reviews with fast 5G (126Mbps at Disney) and easy hotspot for maps/WhatsApp.� Saily users rave about reliable coverage in Florida crowds, cheap top-ups, and seamless QR setup from Ireland; Airalo's praised for quick activation and no drops at Universal/CityWalk. �� Yes, parks have great WiFi, but taking extra care for backups."

    ActivationHotspotÉtats-Unis
  • hananir 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AIR1_pakka 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM recommendations for USA

    I'm using Primasim right now. Cheap prepaid data, for 10GB I paid $20. Connection without random drops like I got with Airalo half year ago. Was in LA, now in NYC.

  • FreeMangoesForever 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM recommendations for USA

    I'm using Primasim right now. Cheap prepaid data, for 10GB I paid $20. Connection without random drops like I got with Airalo half year ago. Was in LA, now in NYC.

  • PuzzleheadedRow8715 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is 'Roamless' Legit?

    I’ve had Airalo for 3 years on my iPhone. Even transferred from old iPhone to new one. I’ve from Canada and have been in Africa, Greece, UK, NewZealand, Tahiti, Mexico several locations. In Sint Maarten, St Barts, Anguilla I had data but couldn’t make calls. My girlfriend got a new phone and couldn’t transfer the eSIM, Airalo refunded her money so she could get a new eSIM on the new phone. She even had a live person walking her through it. Very accommodating. I’ve never had trouble with Airalo.

    ActivationEuropeRemboursement
  • Akash_nu 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Orange Travel

    Not sure about Holafly but I’ve personally used Airalo and they’ve been great. No slowness in speed etc.

  • JimChillaMamba 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travelling to Philippines for 15 days

    Hey, we enjoyed our Philippines experience in Boracay last year! Had no problem with the Nomad esim app. Feel free to use my referral code so you can also get a referral credit: JIMMPDZNSH I've consistently found Nomad to be much cheaper than Airalo and Ubigi.

  • Glass-Conclusion-424 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Global permanent esim with Voice (aka not just data)

    Pretty complex setup here, but you ask. I live in both the US and Canada and have two active mobile numbers in each country, so both my (e)sim slots are occupied. When I travel, I can normally get affordable data from the Canadian (Fizz) with their travel add on feature, so all set. However, I have been traveling to exotic places, then fun begins. GSM all forward canada calls to US number. US number (Visible) has wifi calling (Fizz does not), disable canada/fix, enable global esim (that is normally data only) and if there is actual data 3G or better then my phone will ring. If I need to make a call, I can use my VoIP number and dial any phone number globally (pay as I go). My VoIP number (US) is used for all my 'spam/2fa/etc' stuff, but I'm finding more and more people won't accept it. So I want get a 'real' esim number. Just asking if it's exists, I see Airalo has a number, but it's more than the few dollars I pay right now. Make sense?

  • yopagamo9u5v4i0 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travelling to Philippines for 15 days

    Yeah, data-only eSIMs are great for just staying connected without extras. I’ve used Airalo and Nomad before — solid coverage. Recently tried ProxySock’s global data-only one — worked fine for basic browsing/maps in my tests (covers a ton of countries). Quick setup too. What kind of data amount are you looking for?

  • DarqPikachu 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for going abroad in UK and taking trips to Europe, Turkey, and Central Asia

    Check esimdb.com it is a site where you can compare most eSIM providers for each country or region using filters. It doesn't process/gets involved in the purchase phase, so make sure to make a small search about eSIM if you choose one from here. It is just a database with coupons and prices. BNESIM provides free (no subscription/payment) needed WhatsApp messaging, afaik. You can use it if you don't need data in some countries or just passing/transferring through. It offers pretty good prices and good service too, I would recommend taking a look. RedTeaGO and Airalo are perfect too, good prices, good service just like BNESIM but no freebies unfortunately. You can find sign-in coupons on internet or on esimdb.com but if you can't find just reply and I can provide them too :d Also, it doesn't matter which country you are in or traveling to, the eSIMs work as if they were just another provider that offers roaming capabilities to their regular customers. Just make sure to activate them before entering a country with restrictions, like Turkey. If you forget, no problem just install any free VPN and get the eSIM installed. Make sure to have a copy of the installation page, as some providers give manual APN settings and don't forget to turn on data roaming. And most eSIMs in countries with high restrictions use roaming, which means an always-on free VPN perfect for tourists, etc. (But it won't be suitable for latency-sensitive applications like gaming etc.).

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • SCTSectionHiker 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Gigsky not working at all

    It has been a couple months since you posted, so this may no longer be useful to you, but maybe this will help somebody else. No personal experience with Gigsky, but I've had issues with some other on-land eSIMs — like Alosim or Airalo — not working with a hotspot.  (Tbh, I'm not sure how an eSIM provider could even block that, maybe something at the link layer, like mac address filtering) But since cruise Wi-Fi often blocks hotspots, I'd be surprised if their resellers (or whatever the eSIM providers allowed by cruise lines are called) weren't bound by the same restriction.   The good news?  USB Internet tethering can usually get around the hotspot block.  It's even more restricting than a Wi-Fi hotspot, since you're tethered by a physical cable.  But it usually works. tl;dr, if you plan to hotspot an eSIM (or cruise Wi-Fi), bring an extra long USB cable for tethering, in case the hotspot is blocked.

    Hotspot
  • Antique-Addendum-429 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • MinimumShop2221 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Local eSIM for studying in Seville, Spain

    Hi, great question 👌 I haven’t tried all the options you mentioned, but I wanted to share my personal experience and what has worked well for people I know who studied or traveled around Europe. For iPhone users, eSIM is a very practical option, since it avoids swapping physical SIM cards and unexpected roaming issues. I personally used Airalo while staying in Spain and traveling to other European countries, and it worked reliably in Seville as well as across Europe. Setup was easy, pricing was clear, and European coverage was straightforward with no surprise roaming fees. Since you’ll be staying for several months and traveling on weekends, I’d recommend choosing an eSIM that clearly includes EU roaming and allows you to control your costs. If you’d like, I can share the specific eSIM plans I used in Spain and across Europe. Good luck with your study abroad experience — Seville is an amazing city 🇪🇸

    ActivationEurope
  • knows_notting 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Physical eSim that supports Airalo and works with any 5G Travel Wifi Hotspot?

    oh, right (sorry). it is GREAT! I did end up buying the following set up: \* GL.iNet GL-MT3000 \* EIOTCLUB eSIM Reader \* ZTE MF833, CAT4/4G USB Dongle \* 9esim o v3 Unlimited SIM  Did buy an Airalo eSim and used the EIOTCLUB device to write it into the 9esim. The plugged the 9esim ino the ZTE and plugged the ZTE into the USB port onto the GL.inet. works like a charm!

    ActivationHotspot
  • Apapi42 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/Holafly · Scammed by Holafly

    They are scammers, my friend bought an esim for Japan never worked he contacted them speaking with an automated agent no luck. My sister in law just bough one for US never worked. She paid with paypal I disputed it for her since I am an IT and got her money back and used airalo all works fine with airolo. EVERYONE BUYER BEWARE

    États-Unis
  • Introvert_proud 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · My experience with Nomad eSIM

    Thank you for your review! I was hesitating between Nomad and Airalo. Nomad is definitely cheaper, so I'm going with it ! This is my first time using an eSIM so hopefully everything goes smoothly. Also if anyone has a referral code please feel free to share 😊😊

  • throw-away-imessedup 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Brand new to the eSim game

    You will usually spend way more for a "global esim" I can get 50gb of data for 30 days (no throttling) in the UK for $20usd Saily and Airalo all will cost $50+ at least. I use esim.dog but there are a ton of cheap esim providers. Just get one for each location you are travelling to. Flash it when you land, mine all usually activate in 10 minutes or so

    Europe
  • FortuneElectrical364 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Stay away from Airhub esim

    Using AirHub is like taking a cheese grater to your genitals. If you are a masochist this app if for you. Setting it up is like inserting a bowling pin all the way up your anus…… I really can’t say enough about how their terrible tech and customer support is. After wasting my first 3 days of vacation trying to follow their idiotic Supprt instructions I switched to Airalo. It worked in 10 seconds.

    Activation
  • ladida06 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · PSA: Holafly is not unlimited as they advertised

    yea they're not very upfront about their data cap limit, and lots of users are PISSED, coz it feels so deceitful. I tested out Airalo's and they also have a cap, like everyone, but at least they were honest abt it and clearly explained their limit (i think they cap at 3gb?).

    r/eSIMs · unlimited europe esims. What's the real limit?

    i think Airalo's unlimited eSIMs cap at 3gb per day, and resets at midnight. Thats what their app says and that was also my experience. Other eSIM companies dont always mention their limit so im not sure abt other ones

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Best Unlimited Data ESIM

    I've used Airalo's unlimited eSIM in multiple countries and it's one of the most affordable ones. Also, the Airalo app is quite easy to use. I did have a connection issue at some point but it was the network provider's fault, not Airalo, and Airalo's customer support sorted it out for me immediately by contacting the provider in the country. Just a warning: every unlimited data plan caps at a limit per day, aka they slow down after you reach a certain data usage limit. Airalo is quite upfront abt this, and their unlimited data caps at 3gb.. i think? And then it resets at midnight. I found that other eSIM companies weren't so upfront about their data cap.

    ActivationIllimitéPas cherRemboursement
  • Absolutely_dog123 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Illustrious_Body694 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Unlimited Airalo vs Holafly

    I’ve been using Holafly eSim in over 10 countries and different continents now. Never felt slowed down. Love their regional packages too, literally seamless connection between countries. Really recommend it. If anyone wants to try it, here is a 5% off code: PRICILLAC I used to use Airalo too, but not their unlimited package. They are fine as well but a bit expensive.

  • Specialist-Dish-2757 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · why airalo use AWS (Amazon Web Services)

    I would like to get a roaming esim with if possible a phone number with a roaming steering and not limited (roaming agreements from a traditional operator such as vodafone, kpn, movistar, windtre, tim, O2, T-mobile and etc) here is my exact need I tried to clarify :) but I would like to avoid a travel esim service such as airalo, gomoworld, saily, holafly etc where there is not necessarily a phone number and the networks to which can connect are very limited because the agreements do not depend on a "traditional" operator but rather on a wholesale

  • IntExpExplained 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • BugDelicious5428 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Mobimatter

    Normally, if you buy an eSIM directly from Airalo, you can activate it whenever you want. The 30-day period starts when you activate it, not when you buy it. I’m just not 100% sure how it works if you buy through Mobimatter, since third-party sellers sometimes have their own policies. You could perhaps check the “activation policy” on the specific plan page.

    Activation
  • Clear_Surround_9487 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Defiant-Egg-5203 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Bad Experience with Roamic

    Idk but for me it was worse than ever. I have tried maya, my friend also airalo. Seems legit and good connection. But don't know what to tell. Maybe the location, time...

  • ell_jane_19 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here!

    What eSIM can I buy when already in Turkey… I’ve made the mistake of not getting my usual Airalo eSIM before entering Turkey. I thought my boyfriend would have enough data for a few days here (we only really use it for maps), but his has now run out. What companies will allow me to purchase a sim and activate it while in Turkey. I’ve tried eSIM.sm and this also requires you to purchase before entering. I only need 1-3GB for 5 days.

    ActivationAsie
  • Scared-Cut2664 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • fionaellie 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Mexico? Airalo vs Ubigi vs Telcel (for tourist itinerary)

    I would strongly discourage AT&T. It's iffy and slow, the app is buggy, links they send you via text are broken, and you can't get support online nor in an AT&T store. I paid $200 for a 10 GB plan but there was no way to add it to my account. Get an Airalo instead. With the referral credits you'll get by referring your travel companions, you will pay less than AT&T and have much faster data.

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • Morsadean 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • Parking-Ad-8780 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Guatemala?

    Was in Guatemala last month using an Airalo Latin America regional esim. Service worked well at the cruise ship port and in cities but service in the countryside was weak to non-existent, usually only 3G meaning most apps weren't functioning. Nothing to do with Airalo - just the local service provider's, whose identity I forget, coverage. Idea of a one-week plan until you can confirm coverage and usability at your destination(s) is a good idea.

    r/eSIMs · Roamless Flex over Airalo for me

    Happy to read your review. I too have used Airalo but purchased Roamless Flex for my last trip and an upcoming one to the UK. I was attracted by the roll-over of unused bandwidth until the next trip as I usually left a balance on Airalo to expire. Also the ability to make in-app calls at low cost. Don't have much need but nice to know it's there if needed. Services like WhatsApp for voice calls aren't of much use if one needs to call a hotel, restaurant, etc.

  • TheRiotPilot 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · GigSky One

    Am I missing something? It's 25GB of High Speed Data (Unlimited at 1mbps after that) for $33/Month or $400 for the year for 300GB or $1.33 per GB Airalo's Global data cost is $3.30 per GB I could use half of the GigSky Allocation per month and it would still be costing less. I would use this plan for home/abroad.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • iSloth 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Unlimited Airalo vs Holafly

    Anything unlimited will be slowing down after a few GB, regardless of if they admit it or not. Airalo I would say is a bit better than Holafly, the best for me was ubigi, but will depend how close to UK, as I think they use EE UK for their network.

  • textonic 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • malloryduds_896 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/NoContract · Excessive battery drain with travel eSim and regular eSim on wifi calling

    That was not an idea. That was set up I utilized to minimize battery drain. I traveled several times across Europe, and also Korea. This was on iphone with att prepaid and WiFi calling enabled. Att sim roaming was off and automatic network switching was off. And no it's not true that Airalo esim has to be set to Auto network selection. One can disable that and pick network manually. Disadvantage of that is if you travel to different area or country you will loose signal and need to pick network manually again. But advantage of that is that it minimizes battery drain. What I learned from data esims, with limited testing that I did, is that if auto network selection is enabled, it's constantly searching for the best signal, and it keeps switching local cell networks in the background, and that is what is draining battery.

    AsieEurope
    r/NoContract · Excessive battery drain with travel eSim and regular eSim on wifi calling

    That was not an idea. That was set up I utilized to minimize battery drain. I traveled several times across Europe, and also Korea. This was on iphone with att prepaid and WiFi calling enabled. Att sim roaming was off and automatic network switching was off. And no it's not true that Airalo esim has to be set to Auto network selection. One can disable that and pick network manually. Disadvantage of that is if you travel to different area or country you will loose signal and need to pick network manually again. But advantage of that is that it minimizes battery drain. What I learned from data esims, with limited testing that I did, is that if auto network selection is enabled, it's constantly searching for the best signal, and it keeps switching local cell networks in the background, and that is what is draining battery.

    AsieEurope
  • Voiturunce 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Ok-Price4930 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo Vs AloSIM

    I've tried both but they didn't really workout for me. I now use gigsky for all my trips (frequently travels across Asia for work). Very reliable connection, never encountered any issues.

  • Specialist-Track-774 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Unlimited Airalo vs Holafly

    I just returned from Europe and was really happy with the speed I got from my Airalo App. We opted for 20G Global plan and it worked great!

    Europe
  • Physical_Ad_8738 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Natural_Access5262 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Monty esim bad experience

    I don’t think it’s an eSIM-wide issue or that every cheap provider is selling fake bundles, but there are definitely a few companies where the data counter doesn’t line up with what the phone shows. I’ve seen similar posts about Airalo and a couple of smaller brands too. In my case, Monty counted data normally when I used it in Cairo, Spain, Italy, and Dubai, so it doesn’t seem to be across the board. But yeah, some providers do have sketchy or inconsistent tracking, so it really depends on which one you get.

    r/eSIMs · Monty esim bad experience

    eSIMs don’t use data faster by default they work the same as a physical SIM. What usually causes this kind of difference is the provider’s own usage counter vs your phone’s counter not matching perfectly. I’ve seen this happen with Airalo, Holafly, and a few others too. Sometimes the provider counts things like background connections or network overhead that your phone doesn’t show. I used Monty in Cairo, Spain, Italy, and Dubai and didn’t notice unusual data drain, but I’ve definitely seen people mention it with certain plans (including Airalo). It doesn’t seem to be an “eSIM thing,” more like something that varies by company or by how they track data on their network. If your phone says \~150 MB and the plan shows 1 GB gone, that definitely sounds off maybe reach out to support just to double-check.

  • apparentllyagrownup 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Success story - Thailand & Singapore

    To get 15GB with at least a 15 day expiry across Thailand and Singapore using Airalo my options as I saw them were: 1) Regional Asia eSIM 20GB for 30 days = £38.50 2) Thailand eSIM 20GB for 15 days (£14.00) + Singapore 5GB for 7 days (£7.50) = £21.50 I appreciate this was a bit of a gamble and I’m sure there were other smarter / more cost effective solutions but based on my limited research and with the (above) information in front of me, I took a gamble with abesteSIM and it paid off. I’m not telling anyone to copy what I did, just providing a point of reference as the mixed reviews came up with a quick google search and from what I saw on trust pilot. Airalo do give a step by step guide when installing your eSIM, the post purchase guidance from abesteSIM was limited at best. Thanks for challenging, helps keep the contributions relevant and useful for others 👍

    ActivationAsie
  • GetSpammed 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · How to get a uk phone number

    Airalo. If you go to the [UK](https://www.airalo.com/united-kingdom-esim) page on there, scroll down, and there is one option for data/calls/texts, which will give you a number.

    Europe
  • Possible_Treaty 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best E-sim for europe?

    Hey, I just used Umi Global on a trip to the UK and it was really good. Coverage was strong pretty much everywhere, and their support team was super responsive when I had any question. They also offer Europe-wide plans, and for the data I needed it worked out cheaper than Airalo. If you’re streaming a lot while busing around, I’d lean into a bigger plan upfront, less hassle than topping up all the time. Hope that helps. Have an awesome trip!

  • Ms-mousa 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Super confused about eSIMs for my first Europe trip. Help?

    This is a very common question! To add to the great advice already here, the easiest and most foolproof option for a beginner traveler who just needs data for maps and WhatsApp is generally \*\*Airalo\*\* or \*\*Nomad\*\* for Europe. They are both incredibly user-friendly and reliable. \\n\\n\*\*Why Airalo/Nomad for a beginner?\*\*\\n1. \*\*App-Based Installation:\*\* You buy the plan in their app and install the eSIM profile right there—no messy QR codes needed for most modern phones.\\n2. \*\*Immediate Activation:\*\* You can install it days before you leave, and it only activates when it connects to a network in Europe. This means you land, turn on the line, and you have data immediately.\\n3. \*\*Data-Only Focus:\*\* Since you only need data for maps and WhatsApp (which uses data), these data-only plans are perfect and cheaper than plans that include voice/SMS you won't use.\\n\\n\*\*Quick tip:\*\* Make sure you turn off 'Data Roaming' for your home SIM line in your phone settings to avoid massive charges, and only enable the new eSIM line for 'Mobile Data'. Happy travels!

    ActivationEuropePas cher
  • Either-Cricket-1589 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · European eSIM Recommendations

    I buy the Airalo eSIM for Chechia. It’s actually an EU-wide SIM. I’ve used the CZ Airalo eSIM in Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Belgium, and the Netherlands.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Family vacation to Europe. What eSIM to recommend?

    The Airalo eSIM for Czechia actually covers all of the EU (so not England). I’ve used it in CZ, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, and France. It’s always been great. I haven’t noticed any issues with speed, but I generally not using it for anything where speed is a huge factor.

    Europe
  • Rentalini 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • SatisfactionTrick578 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Asia Travel: Nomad vs Airalo vs Ubigi

    Ok so I just came back from Hong Kong, korea and japan. I initially bought a 2gb airalo pack for $15aud and it lasted about 3 days. For the remaining of my trip, I bought 10gb and i only used 3 gb out of the 10gn for the remaining 10 days of my trip. Same social media usage etc. Never again with Airalo. And it took 1.5hrs to set up and go through customer service chat.

    ActivationAsieJaponRemboursement
  • RobSacresBurner 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Recommendation for UK/France?

    Not sure how much it helps, but I got Vodafone eSIM for my trip to France and it worked perfectly fine. Other than that I’d recommend Airalo! Don’t think you can make phone calls on either eSIM but since you all have iPhones you can use data to FaceTime or WhatsApp

    Europe
  • funkytonka 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/Holafly · Scammed by Holafly

    What eSIM company do you recomendar instead? I’ve been scammed by Airalo twice on a trip to Rio and another one to Chile, so i dont know anymore.

  • Medium-Shopping-7222 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nomad eSIM through a US trip of 4 people, honest review

    I’m doing the same kind of research right now for a West Coast trip. Took me a while to even find the partner networks on Nomad’s website, that tiny button doesn’t even look like a button. Here’s what I found so far, comparing 3 GB plans: Nomad: AT&T, Verizon - $9 Airalo: T-Mobile, Verizon, U.S. Cellular - $8.50 Ohayu: T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T - $9.79 Holafly: AT&T - $3.90/day Saily: local networks not listed - $8.99 It’s hard to trust just TrustPilot reviews. I’m starting to think having more partner networks matters more than the price, but some of them, like U.S. Cellular, barely cover anything outside a few states. Still trying to decide if I want “unlimited” or just decent 5G that doesn’t die the second you leave downtown

    États-Unis
  • WashDowntown4539 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/travel · Best eSIM for Paris, Amsterdam and Prague?

    I just came back from a 3-week trip covering Paris, Amsterdam, and Prague — used Superalink Europe plan and it worked surprisingly well. It automatically connected to Orange in France, KPN in the Netherlands, and T-Mobile CZ in Prague without me having to switch anything manually. Speeds were solid (even while using Maps, Instagram, and translation apps nonstop), and I didn’t notice any disconnections on trains between cities. I’ve used Airalo before too, but Superalink felt a bit faster when crossing borders — it re-registered quicker and kept my connection stable. The price was almost the same, but they offered a small discount for the 15-day plan. If you want something plug-and-play before leaving, I’d go with Superalink or Orange — both are solid, but Superalink is definitely more affordable for longer trips.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Affordable Multi-Country Travel in Europe?

    I did almost the same route this summer — France → Italy → Germany → Spain — and totally get what you mean about coverage changing at every border. I tested a few eSIMs because I wanted to see which ones actually roam smoothly. Airalo worked fine but slowed down noticeably once I crossed into Italy. Nomad was okay for speed but had weird handoff delays between carriers. The one that surprised me most was Superalink — I bought their “Europe unlimited” plan mostly out of curiosity, and it kept a really stable connection across all four countries. It switches between local partners (Orange, Vodafone, O2, etc.) without needing a manual refresh. I used it for about two weeks, hotspotting my laptop a few times a day, and the speeds stayed pretty consistent (usually 50–80 Mbps in cities, 20–30 in smaller towns). The activation process was dead simple — scanned the QR code while still in London, and data came up right after landing in Paris. If you don’t need a phone number and just want data that “just works” across borders, it’s honestly one of the smoother options I’ve used.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Best prepaid eSIM for 10-day trip to New York (lots of 5G data, low cost)

    I used Superalink when I was in NYC this spring — it runs on T-Mobile’s network and I was getting full 5G almost everywhere (midtown, Brooklyn, even subway entrances). Setup was instant; I scanned the QR code before leaving Italy and it activated right away when I landed. The plan I got was unlimited data for about $5/day, which was cheaper than Airalo’s 10GB plan and didn’t throttle. If you’re under 18, you can still buy it online since they don’t require ID verification. TL;DR: Superalink = easy setup, full-speed 5G on T-Mobile, and works great for short NYC trips.

    États-Unis
  • Prize-Exchange6197 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Is 'Roamless' Legit?

    Well unfortunately Roamless would not work on my phone . I have used and loaded many times airalo  over the years and it's spotty at times.....tottally aware of how to set up and use its simple these e sim companies...this time airolo I tried couldn't get working ..they said would refund but have seen nothing . Roamless well I lost those $s.. Basically have no customer service . I have decided to pay the extra and just go with what Bell offers on my regular  plan with their international plan..Simple. Once you get on the plane and land just turn the roaming on and your done .  My wife has never had an issue. Seems like a better choice 

    ActivationRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Is 'Roamless' Legit?

    Again second company trying to get a e sim on my samsung s 22 ultra android while in Portugal...Just wasted money again to get no service and no refund as usual ..airalo the worst ..second is Roamless...gonna try a 3rd company to try and get some like my original service provider ..cost more but seems worth it.. Just hate spending all this money as they want the money before you know if the service will work and if it doesn't thats it no refund...basically a rip off. Stay away from Roamless and Airalo both these companies are terrible. Never again...I will just pay double and stay with my canadian carrier when I am in Europe ..specially since I paid half what they charge for no connection at all. These type of companies need to monitored for terrible business practices and false advertising. Never again.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prixRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Is 'Roamless' Legit?

    Again second company trying to get a e sim on my samsung s 22 ultra android while in Portugal...Just wasted money again to get no service and no refund as usual ..airalo the worst ..second is Roamless...gonna try a 3rd company to try and get some like my original service provider ..cost more but seems worth it.. Just hate spending all this money as they want the money before you know if the service will work and if it doesn't thats it no refund...basically a rip off. Stay away from Roamless and Airalo both these companies are terrible. Never again...I will just pay double and stay with my canadian carrier when I am in Europe ..specially since I paid half what they charge for no connection at all. These type of companies need to monitored for terrible business practices and false advertising. Never again.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prixRemboursement
  • snorkelingstargazer 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best eSIM for Paris, Amsterdam and Prague?

    I've used the regional plans with Airalo for a couple other regions and had no problems other than sometimes taking a few minutes to connect to the network after traveling some distance. A phone restart is usually all that's needed. If I were about to do what you're about to, I'd be going with the regional unlimited plan as well :)

  • SakuraaaSlut 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Question on calling with eSIMs

    Yes, getting an Italian number is also an option. Many travelers use a local prepaid eSIM for calls and keep the Airalo eSIM only for data. WhatsApp is the easiest solution because most places in Italy already use it for reservations and communication.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Question on calling with eSIMs

    Using an Airalo eSIM will cover your data, but your U.S. number will still use T-Mobile’s international calling rates if you place or receive regular calls. To avoid charges, use apps that call over data like WhatsApp, FaceTime Audio, or Signal.

  • Live_Maintenance_434 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · European traveling to the US. What service should I get?

    I tried most of the eSIM providers in the US due to a lot of work trips The big brands (Saily, Airalo, Holafly) and the small brands (Redteago, Pingwe, Alwaysmobile, Nesa) couldn't see any difference in speed/ activation. Just higher pricing for the branded eSIMs - will defiantly go for cheaper option

    ActivationRapport qualité-prixÉtats-Unis
  • staffie2001uk 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Zealous-Lion 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for a couple days in Australia?

    I used Telstra’s (local provider) eSIM when I went December ‘23/Jan ‘24. I needed a month so it made sense to me for me to pay for 30 days. But they have a $13 AUD eSIM (5GB) good for 7 days? Or Airalo could have cheaper/less data plans! Some are 3 days, ~$5 for 1 GB

    Pas cher
  • Tall_Philosophy_9194 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Creepy-Mind-9448 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIMs for Iceland

    I was in Iceland this summer and used RedteaGo’s Europe plan. Coverage was solid even outside Reykjavík, especially along the Golden Circle route. It switched between local carriers like Siminn and Vodafone automatically, so I never had to worry about losing data in remote areas. Prices were also better than Airalo when I compared.

    Europe
  • Unusual_Pitch_9963 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM recommendations for Spain

    I’ve tried a few eSIMs during my trips. Airalo was one of the first ones I used – but honestly, the speed was pretty slow in some countries. In Amsterdam, for example, it barely worked for me during a 6-day stay. Then I gave Holafly a shot on a short 2-day trip to Italy, and it worked fine. I also used it again for a 20-day business trip in Spain a couple of months ago. It was okay at first, but after a few days I realized something: eSIM performance really depends on the country and local networks. Out of curiosity, I later tried Soovia (saw it on YouTube) – and that one actually surprised me. I used it for 15 days and the speed was solid the whole time. From my experience, I’d say Holafly and Soovia are both good options, but results can vary depending on where you are.

    Europe
  • Miss_travel_ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best e-SIM Provider in the U.S.

    I’ve tried a few — Airalo, Nomad, and Holafly. Honestly, Holafly had the best coverage for me in New York and Miami, plus instant activation.

    États-Unis
  • ChristyBrown67 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Holafly

    Definitely wouldn't use Airalo - I paid for a 15 day eSim and got a receipt for a 7 day one!! Took a lot of time with their "support" to get it refunded, they wanted to refund in "Airmoney"!! - No thank you, I don't want to waste anymore of my time! - It should work first time every time, and my time is valuable (offered a $1 refund - if they had said "we'll fix it our end, don't worry, you don't have to do anything, I would have kept it - but not a chance when they were asking me to go through the whole process again, where the same thing could have happened!).

    Remboursement
  • internetmomtoday 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Which eSIM is Best for Multi-Country Travel?

    Last time I used gigsky and it was good for the usual stuff like socials, maps, and some browsing. I checked that they cover more countries than airalo and the unlimited plan was good too. I tried the free trial in Japan and just stuck with it for my other trips

  • nerkyos 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Worth_Garbage_4471 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Middle East?

    Last time I went to UAE I bought a one time esim off esim.db, don't remember which (I've used Airalo, esim4travel, Mobimatter etc- they all generally worked fine apart from some weird issues with Mobimatter). It's a lot of faff installing a new esim for each trip. This time in Kuwait I used the same Roamless esim I use for other trips. The per GB cost is not high, you don't have to worry about whether you are buying a 7 day plan or a 30 day plan, and you don't have to install a new esim and then later delete it for each trip. In KW it used the Zain network which is good.

  • galactica_pegasus 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Slow-Foot-4045 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Austria, 7 days, 10GB+

    you have an EU Passport? Than you also can use f.e. a Sim of the MVNO Hot (in the Network of Magenta). It would be the cheapest way tu have a connection to the internet in Austria: [https://www.hot.at/static-cms/media/HoT\_info\_english\_8009bfeced.pdf](https://www.hot.at/static-cms/media/HoT_info_english_8009bfeced.pdf) I normally use Airalo if I am somewere outside the EU. But in austria Airalo has only access to the 3 (three) Network and this is the worst of the 3 mobile networks

    Europe
  • Signal_Reputation640 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Internal_Job8796 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • bullyboyz21 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • jesusfishh 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Asia?

    I compared Airalo, Nomad and Superalink on my trip — Superalink was the only one that stayed stable across all borders.

  • JCDKEYS 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • TiredTraveler87 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Internal-Duty-4941 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Dry_Front5408 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Asia?

    ZiyaraSIM, rlly cool for multi country traveling as it automatically switches from country to country once you buy the plans without needing to install again and again. Prices are great too, better than Airalo

    r/eSIMs · Austria, 7 days, 10GB+

    From my experience ZiyaraSIM was the best, found it from insta before heading out to Austria. It’s as good as Airalo and Sparks but with better pricing so I’d rlly recommend

  • RavynGirl 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · internet plans in japan

    If you’re staying mostly around Saitama and Tokyo, a 5 to 10 GB eSIM should be more than enough. Wi-Fi is everywhere, cafes, stations, even convenience stores. I used Airalo when I was there, and it worked great on the SoftBank network. Just make sure your phone is unlocked before you go.

    Japon
  • jmOropeza32 🇬🇧🇪🇸

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Affordable Multi-Country Travel in Europe?

    Last year i used GlobalYO in London and Iceland, worked flawlessly, this week I’m going to Spain, Italy and Germany and I’m still undecided between using globalYO again or buying an eSIM from Orange, prices are similar (and way cheaper than Airalo or HolaFly), with GlobalYo you can buy additional minutes in case you want to make a phone call and with orange you get voice, data and SMS

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · E-sim Francia e Islandia

    Busca un eSIM regional, elige el Europeo Los comunes son Airalo y HolaFly pero en realidad son caros, yo el año pasado utilice GlobalYo (ademas que de puedes contratar minutos extra por si en algún momento necesitas hacer llamadas ademas de usar datos) y la verdad funcionó perfecto, pasé por Londres e Islandia y en ambos funcionó sin problema

    Europe
  • AccordingAd8361 🇬🇧🇪🇸

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Asia?

    For 14 days across Indonesia, Thailand, China, and Hong Kong with 1–3GB/day usage, you’ll want a **regional Asia eSIM** with generous data and solid roaming agreements. Holafly’s £39 unlimited plan sounds tempting, but keep in mind they often throttle speeds after a soft cap—even if they don’t advertise it clearly. If you’re looking for alternatives: * **Saily** and **Asialink** offer regional plans with better transparency on speed caps. * **Jetpac Asia-Pacific** has been getting good reviews for consistent speeds across borders. * **Airalo** and **Ubigi** are solid but can get pricey if you need high daily usage. That said, I always keep **Flexiroam** active as a backup. It’s been a lifesaver when my main eSIM hits a dead zone or throttles unexpectedly. Plus, it’s super easy to top up on the go and works seamlessly across all four countries you’re visiting.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · E-sim Francia e Islandia

    ¡Hola! Para Francia e Islandia, te recomiendo buscar una eSIM con cobertura regional europea. **Airalo** y **Nomad** tienen opciones decentes, pero ojo con los límites diarios en los planes “ilimitados”. Si prefieres algo más confiable y sin sorpresas, yo siempre llevo activa **Flexiroam**. Me ha funcionado genial en zonas rurales de Islandia y en ciudades como París. Además, puedes cambiar de país sin cambiar de SIM, lo cual es perfecto para viajes multi-destino como el tuyo 🌍📶

    EuropeIllimité
  • low-sf5 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · My phone died while Activating ESIM

    I assume you have used before, I am not currently in the country yet, is that why is says “activating…”? <-According to the Airalo AI Will it finish activating once there or is it screwed up?

    Activation
  • Altruistic_Turnip780 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Asia?

    I did a very similar route in August — Bangkok → Hong Kong → Shanghai → Bali — and yeah, finding one eSIM that actually works well in all four can be tricky. Holafly and Airalo both worked fine, but the handoffs between countries sometimes took a few minutes and the speed dropped when crossing borders. For me, the most stable one ended up being Superalink’s Asia plan — it uses regional routing (mostly through Singapore/HK) so you don’t hit the Great Firewall in China and you keep full access to Google, WhatsApp, etc. I averaged about 2–3GB a day (maps, YouTube, messages, work stuff) and it held up consistently. Usually around 40–60Mbps in Bangkok and Hong Kong, 20–30Mbps in China which is still decent. I even hotspot my laptop for a few hours without issues. Setup took less than two minutes — scanned the QR code before flying and it auto-connected when I landed. Didn’t have to switch profiles or re-scan.

    Asie
  • iceland1989 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Mexico

    Airalo worked really well! Just make sure you follow the instructions on how to set it up

  • WifiBeforeSelfie 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 11 days in Europe

    I did almost the same route last spring and found out that “unlimited” SMS usually just means within the EU. If you need to text outside Europe, most plans either limit it or charge extra. I’d honestly just get a good data plan and stick to WhatsApp or Signal for messaging. I used SimCorner for mine because setup was quick before my flight, but a couple of my friends went with Airalo and Nomad and had no issues either.

    Europe
    r/eSIMs · Multi network eSIM UK

    Sadly there isn’t a proper UK eSIM that lets you use all networks for normal data. Honest is mostly calls and texts, and most others just tie you to one network. I’ve had better luck with roaming eSIMs like Airalo, Nomad, Ubigi or SimCorner since they sometimes switch between UK carriers, but they can be slower or cost more. Honestly, keeping a cheap PAYG SIM from another network or leaning on Wi-Fi calling has been the most reliable for me.

    Europe
  • Agile_Excuse7239 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · looking for an eSIM for paris/spain

    New to reddit, so plz be nice! I am an avid traveler, and i travel fairly frequently. I learnt about these Travel eSIMs about an year back, and since then, I have tried - Airalo, Saily, Jetpac, Nomad and Holafly. I have travelled to Europe (very frequent), US, Canada, Brazil, UAE, Turkey, India, China, South Korea, Japan (very frequent), Thailand (very frequent), Indonesia (Very frequent), Malaysia, Vietnam, and Australia! My preference order is 1) Jetpac 2) Airalo 3) Nomad **Key reasons** **1) Pricing** \-> Jetpac is best -> Nomad is second -> Airalo has worst **2) Coverage** \-> Airalo has highest countries availability, so once i had to go to Laos, and Airalo had it, and others didnt! Same for African and middle Am countries **3) Features** \-> Jetpac offers the following features which other dont a) Free whatsapp chat, Google maps, and ride hailing apps (Uber/Grab) b) Free lounge access if flights delayed by >1 hr c) Landline and Non/Whatsapp Calling facility - i could dial my hotel and a restaurant to check for reservation availability, and both didnt have whatsapp **4) Network speed and availability of multiple networks** \- Only Jetpac and Airalo offer multiple networks in single location - for e.g. in UK, Jetpac offers EE, O2 and Vodafone, so i can switch to the best network when i want. Same for Airalo in Japan for example. **5) Pack options -** Jetpac again has most flexible options - e.g. a 10 gb for 7 days, while Airalo and Saily are least flexible. **6) Unlimited pack's throttling -** I only used Unlimited packs from Holafly and Jetpac. Holafly's Fair Usage Policy is not clear. I didn't get throttled because i am not a heavy data user **7) Customer service -** All of them are good here, but again I found refunds at Jetpac very smooth. **8) Other small things -** Hotspot capability (holafly offers only 500Mb on Hotspot) Based on all the above, i have gravitated towards Jetpac mostly

    AsieJapon
  • iamwappy 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · How is Ubigi In Uzbekistan? Or any eSIM works well there?

    That’s a fair point - latency can definitely depend on where the provider’s traffic exits the network. But in Central Asia, a lot of eSIMs (including beeSIM) actually route through local or regional partners like Beeline or Tele2, so the difference isn’t always huge in real-world use. In most cases, the limiting factor there tends to be the local tower coverage rather than international routing. If you’re mostly in big cities, both Airalo and other local-based eSIMs should perform about the same.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · How is Ubigi In Uzbekistan? Or any eSIM works well there?

    Yeah, true - Airalo is slightly cheaper (€5.67 vs €4.00). In the end, any provider that connects through the local Beeline network should work fine. It mostly comes down to personal preference and which interface or app you find easier to use.

    Pas cher
  • Snidely1459 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · How is Ubigi In Uzbekistan? Or any eSIM works well there?

    It’s more complicated than that and the core doesn’t do all of the things you listed. There are other separate elements to manage eSIM profiles and handle routing of signaling and bearer traffic. Having your own core benefits a travel eSIM company in that they get to manage the users and see the data traffic themselves rather than relying on other mobile operators, but it can add latency. All roaming data traffic is brought back to the home network (in Transatel’s case this is France) so users in Asia may see more latency than with Airalo or Nomad who have termination points in Singapore and Hong Kong through their partnerships.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Global vs Regional vs Local plans

    It’s price arbitrage. The global plan has cheap EU and Asian countries so on average across all users they make money. The LatAm plan only has the more expensive countries so they charge more. Only a fool would buy the LatAm plan. And def look at other providers. Airalo is usually the most expensive. Nomad has a LatAm plan for $79 for 20 GB.

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Why would anybody recommend Orange??

    Service works as long as you don't need any customer support at all. They are well known for just ignoring support requests. If you're a savvy eSIM user, you'll probably be fine. If you're a beginner, Airalo or Nomad would be a better option.

  • wh0loves2travel-me 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Simcard or esim to use for 3 weeks travel Australia, Taiwan, Japan and Vietnam

    No please dont try get a SIM card in each country. Most eSIMs have regional esims so they work across countries. I used know roaming asia esim on my backpacking trip and it was amazing. Had signal in cambodia, thailand, vietnam, bali and japan. and i think it covers australia too! I had no issues at all - people i was at hostels with had so many issues with no signal and terrible support from airalo and hoalfly. i ended up hotspotting them with my esim lol. enjoy your trip!!

  • TrueNorthPenguin 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Firm_Apricot2546 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · eSIM and adapter help Europe

    I'm quite sure that Airalo throttles the speed. They're definitely worse than they were when I first started using them. I've had awful experiences even trying to send a WhatsApp message in the middle of London, and not a chance you could load something as heavy as Google Maps. I used a Revolut eSIM last time and it was top-notch. Would never go back to Airalo now.

    Europe
  • Appropriate-Rest-508 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • influentialmorgs 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best E-Sim for United Kingdom?

    I’ve used Airalo and Holafly quite a bit. Both are great if you just need something quick and easy for a short trip. Coverage should be fine in Manchester or any other big city in the UK. The problem comes once you start moving between countries or staying for a few weeks, the data costs add up. My go to is Yesim, I've used it across Europe and it hasn't let me down

    Europe
  • Willing-Pineapple459 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · China Origin Country Means Google Apps Don't Work With 3HK

    Search, Gmail, Maps, YouTube, Drive, and Photos are blocked on mainland IPs; some 3HK plans route through China. Use eSIMs with US/EU exit like Nomad, Airalo, or Ubigi, and check ipinfo.io. For bypassing, NordVPN for device, Cloudflare WARP free, and I use WorkingVPN for quick browser flips. Pick non-China exit.

    Asie
  • _Loading 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Help with EU trip

    Oh that talk and text would have been nice. Maybe next time I’ll have one person get that and the rest mobimatter

  • Spiritual-Bid1492 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSim

    most eSIMs these days have solid coverage in the US. things like airalo, holafly, iroamly, and nomad all work well. personally, i’ve used iroamly and it ran on at&t and verizon, never had any issues. plus, it’s pretty budget-friendly compared to the others i mentioned.

    États-Unis
  • Afraid-Masterpiece-2 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM im Europe

    I’ve used Airalo dozens of times and never had any trouble! Also used a free trial of aloSIM, also no issues!

  • Admirable_Job8431 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Help with EU trip

    I'm going to try this 31 day Orange sim for a trip to Morocco. It's got good country coverage, 20g data, 25min, 50 texts. Like you I don't need much call capacity, but don't want to pay zone roaming rates if I need to make a local call in Morocco. https://esimcard.com/international-esim/ Or for more options you can search this comparison site of Europe options, much cheaper than Airalo. Do a quick tristpilot check as there's a clear line between the very cheapest (and waste of time) versus the still cheap but well regarded ones. https://esimdb.com/region/europe Not making any recommendations myself, or referrals, just the results of my own search.

    Europe
  • ShallotNo8039 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Simcard or esim to use for 3 weeks travel Australia, Taiwan, Japan and Vietnam

    I did a really similar trip last year (Australia, Bali, Japan, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam) and used one eSIM for the whole trip, the knowroaming asia regional esim. It was great. I didn’t have to swap SIMs or worry about different carriers, and the connection was solid everywhere. Friends I met along the way were constantly struggling with local SIMs or had issues with Airalo and Holafly dropping signal between countries. Knowroaming worked perfectly from the moment I landed in each new place, so I’d definitely recommend going that route.

    Asie
  • Courtney-Miller 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What is the best thing to do?

    eSIM is a good option, given your phone supports it. Most eSIM providers use networks of local providers for eSIMs, but costs less, and you can get it online, activate it easily, that's one of the reasons I prefer using eSIMs. As for which one you should go for, there are many providers - Airalo, Holafly, Voye. Have used Voye eSIM on multiple budget trips, so stuck with Voye so far. Others are also good, had no issues. Customer support was excellent with Voye, had a little issue on my trip to Egypt last year.

  • Glum-Tea5629 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Holafly

    I’ve used both in Japan and the Philippines, and I’m on my phone all the time too, trains, late nights, you name it. Holafly’s unlimited is super easy, but they can slow you down if you use a lot. It’s fine for scrolling, but streaming or loading stuff got laggy for me after a bit. Airalo gives you full-speed data, but it’s capped, so you gotta keep an eye on it. I like that it lets you hotspot though. Lately I’ve been using a third option that’s worked better across multiple countries happy to share if you're curious.

    AsieHotspotJapon
  • Strict_Monk_993 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Holafly

    imo between airalo and holafly, I’d actually go with iroamly. my data use is crazy too, so unlimited was my first priority. after comparing, iroamly’s unlimited plan was cheaper and actually felt unlimited. on my trip i was constantly on youtube and tiktok and never noticed any slowdowns, super smooth the whole time.

  • choyiny 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Holafly

    I'm using a 5G plan from Rogers (largest telecom provider in Canada) and the latency test from [fast.com](http://fast.com) came back at 46ms. For the eSIM, a few tests show that it floats around the range of 40ms - 80ms. From this perspective, it seems like Airalo is faster even compared to my home mobile plan... so it really depends where you are testing. I see where you are coming from. My bottom line is that as long as it can load my videos and my navigation and my google searches well, that's good enough for me travelling. TL;DR: I'm surprised at Airalo having 30ms latency. Good for them!

    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Holafly

    I'm using a 5G plan from Rogers (largest telecom provider in Canada) and the latency test from [fast.com](http://fast.com) came back at 46ms. For the eSIM, a few tests show that it floats around the range of 40ms - 80ms. From this perspective, it seems like Airalo is faster even compared to my home mobile plan... so it really depends where you are testing. I see where you are coming from. My bottom line is that as long as it can load my videos and my navigation and my google searches well, that's good enough for me travelling. TL;DR: I'm surprised at Airalo having 30ms latency. Good for them!

  • Commercial_Safety781 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • dilijasi 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 11 days in Europe

    Airalo is rock-solid service, though on pricier side; I’m beta testing an upstart called Wayru mobile; works well, offers various packages at significantly lower rates

  • -donatellasaysmore- 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 11 days in Europe

    For data only, I use Airalo… for data, calls and texting, I use Orange Travel. I’ve had the same French number for a couple years as the number stays active for 6 months after each top-up.

  • camelkad 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 11 days in Europe

    I actually used easyalo on my last Europe + Greece trip (after seeing someone mention it here). They had a SEPT20 code giving 20% off. not sure if it’s still active, but it was nice. I was using Airalo before, but lately I feel their prices are getting steep. There are more good competitors out there now.

    r/eSIMs · Esim advice

    I had almost the exact same issue with Lycamobile when switching phones, they told me they were still migrating from T-Mobile to AT&T and couldn’t reissue my eSIM yet. Super frustrating, especially when you just need your number to stay active for OTPs. For my setup, I ended up keeping my Lycamobile line on my old phone just for receiving US bank texts and calls, and using a separate travel eSIM for data when I’m in India. It’s been much more reliable. If you only need data abroad and want to keep your US number active, you can buy short-term eSIMs online — I’ve used sites like easyalo.com and Airalo to grab local or regional data plans. They work instantly and don’t mess with your main number. As for carriers, if you need a US line that reliably receives OTPs in India, I’ve heard good things about T-Mobile’s prepaid and Google Fi (both tend to handle SMS over Wi-Fi decently). US Mobile is solid in the US but not sure it’ll forward OTPs consistently when abroad. TL;DR: Keep your current SIM for OTPs, use a separate eSIM for data. It saves a lot of headache.

    ActivationAsie
  • MrCTNC11 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · How do I use an eSIM for data only and still make and receive calls on my phone with my American phone number?

    So I got an Airalo eSim and followed the instructions here.  I think I missed an important step, which is under your primary sim, I needed to turn off automatically find cellular network while at home and select my home cellular network. This would force my phone, while abroad, to use the data from the e-Sim as my cellular “internet” source for using phone and iMessage. my problem is now my talk/text automatically connects to one of the data networks abroad and I can’t force it use the eSim for the talk/text. Anyone have an idea how I can make this happen while abroad?

    Activation
  • jordan-mtl 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Upper-Razzmatazz-925 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • arteregn 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · e-SIM: Airalo vs. BNE

    I've used both (BNE for a data plan in Bulgaria without expiration date, and Airalo for travel in Turkey, Serbia, Romania). Can't complain, both worked just fine.

    AsieEurope
  • Sad-Finding6846 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What happened to eSIM in Turkey?

    Yeah, so I’m Turkish myself and currently working at a telecom company in Europe, and here’s what really happened: eSIMs aren’t totally “banned” in Türkiye, but the government (BTK) blocked access to the websites and apps of a bunch of foreign travel eSIM providers like Airalo, Holafly, Nomad, etc. That means if you’re already using one you downloaded before arriving, it’ll probably keep working, but you can’t buy new ones or top up once you’re inside the country unless you use a VPN. Local carriers (Turkcell, Vodafone TR, Türk Telekom) still offer eSIM normally, so the tech itself isn’t illegal. It’s more that the authorities want to push people to use domestic operators instead of foreign ones. If you have any further questions, just let me know. Here's a very informative reddit post about the subject: [https://www.reddit.com/r/eSIMs/s/eQqTtnMeqN](https://www.reddit.com/r/eSIMs/s/eQqTtnMeqN)

    ActivationAsie
  • firstclassblizzard 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · First time eSim user

    1. To be totally safe, you need to turn off your Verizon SIM/eSIM. This can cause iMessage issues if you have an iPhone. What device are you using? 2. Yes, your phone needs to be unlocked. To have an unlocked phone, it must be paid off. 3. 30GB should be way more than enough. Just be sure to avoid scrolling reels or watching video on mobile data and that will go a long way to lowering your data consumption. Navigating shouldn't take up that much data. To help yourself further, download offline maps before leaving the US. Remember that GPS works globally and is independent from your carrier. So with a downloaded map and GPS, you can do a fair amount of navigation without an active data connection. 4. Airalo is decent but many complain about fraudulent charges when they save their credit card to their Airalo account. Many other options exist, like Saily, Ubigi, etc. DM me if you want to deep dive this topic I also recommend that you enable wifi calling before leaving the US. It will allow you to receive SMS and voice calls from the US while abroad without triggering additional fees.

    r/eSIMs · Should I use ubigi or airola

    Ubigi. They have a good intro offer for new users and lower cost overall. Plus I hear a lot complaints on here of fraudulent charges to folks with cards saved to Airalo. DM me if you want a referral code

    r/eSIMs · Travelling from Canada to Scotland ISO advice

    I did a trip to Scotland recently and can speak from experience. Recall that GPS is not a cellular based service but a satellite one. In other words, you always have GPS enabled even without a phone bill. If you will only be in Scotland, Airalo has a discounted regional eSIM that will work for you at a cheaper rate than the whole of the UK. I used it there and was quite happy. I also like Saily and it’s my default eSIM while traveling, but I didn’t use it in Scotland because of the Scotland only option from Airalo DM for a discount code if you want.

    EuropePas cher
  • Daytripper5000 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for japan

    Airolo is working very well for me in Japan Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, and the Hakone region. I used a referral code from another Redditor here and got $3 off. My traveling companion used another company, Ubigi, and his data ran out quickly due to “system services,” not sure what that was about. We both were doing same generic stuff. I gave him my referral code so he could get Airolo and he got $3 off so I know the code works. SHEILA0079

    Japon
  • Hello_You12 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Anyone have experience with globalyo?

    Do not buy from this company. Worst company ever. Their Sim did not work. And after 3 days of back and forth, they finally made it work. Meanwhile i bought from Airalo and it worked flawlessly. Seriously avoid global yo.

  • Particular_Fan_2945 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Suggested eSim vendors for an American in the UK?

    I’ve also heard good things about Ubigi, Simcorner and Holafly, but Airalo was the smoothest for me. Make sure your phone’s unlocked and works with eSIMs before grabbing one. Saved me a bunch of headaches not having to mess with local SIM cards. Super easy once it’s set up.

    Activation
  • Upper-Quiet-7010 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travel India eSIM with lot of data (or flat fee)

    I’ve had the same worry when sending family to India. The ones that worked best for us were Saily, Airalo, Nomad, Ubigi, and more recently I’ve tried Terminal eSIM. All of them give decent data packages, but I’d recommend installing before the trip while on Wi-Fi and testing it quickly so you’re not stuck abroad with setup issues.

    Asie
  • george_gamow 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • andeke07 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · eSim experience in Europe 2025

    This doesn’t help you now, but I can recommend Nomad or Airalo for any future travels. I’ve used them both (sometimes one is cheaper than the other) and the benefit is you can (usually) hop between multiple networks if the signal is better than one or the other. The only time I had issues is when I was in Ethiopia for work and the eSIM refused to connect, but that could also have been the network itself.

  • Mia_x_43 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM option for a week in Japan?

    Holafly is quite slow, so I don’t really recommend it. The tethering allowance is also limited. If you want an unlimited plan, JapanConnect eSIM is around $20, so Holafly doesn’t even have a price advantage. Plus, it offers unlimited data on KDDI, SoftBank, and Docomo networks, which makes it a better choice. If you don’t need unlimited data, then Airalo is a stable and reliable option.

    Japon
  • gh0rard1m71 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • DuplicitousMonkey 🇬🇧

    5 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · New to Esim, have some questions...

    Yes, Tello will give you an American number. Tello is an traditional cellphone carrier, offering both physical SIMs and eSIMs Travel eSIMs like Airalo, Holafly and others do not ordinarily offer numbers, except with some more expensive packages, and even then, offer a very limited number of inclusive minutes. Don’t forget to watch those YouTube videos that I linked to earlier 😉

    r/eSIMs · most reliable alternative to jetpac in Toronto

    Airalo is usually fine in countries which have a stable reliable cellphone network infrastructure. Where Airalo, and other travel eSIM providers can experience issues is in parts of Asia and Africa where the cellphone infrastructure is not as great as more developed countries. This issue will also affect main cellphone networks too.

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · Can I use a data only eSIM and still receive call through my physical sim without being charged roaming.

    In short, no ! Travel eSIMs like Airalo, Holafly etc are indeed data only. When you’re in South Africa,  you may possibly get charged texts, if you are texting from an iPhone to an android. You will certainly be charged for calls, as you are roaming. The simplest way around this is to use the data provided by the travel eSIM to make / receive calls and send / receive texts by WhatsApp / telegram / signal as calls made using those apps are VOIP calls, they do not go through mobile phone networks. 

  • Jumpy-Cow5404 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Holafly_Official 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is eSIM still usable in Turkey for tourists in August 2025?

    Hi there! As of **July 2025**, Turkey’s telecom regulator (BTK) has blocked access to the apps and websites of major international eSIM providers—including Holafly, Airalo, Saily, Nomad, and others Linked In Travel Trends and News TechRadar. **However**, if you **purchase and install your eSIM** ***before*** **arriving**, it **will continue working normally** during your stay for example Holafly or TechRadar. Travelers who manage to do this report seamless data access—once activated pre‐arrival, the eSIM functions as expected TechRadar Focus on Travel News - ftnnews.com. If you haven’t, your best bet now may be buying a **local physical SIM** upon landing or using a **local eSIM from Turkish carriers**.

    ActivationAsie
  • PatrollerBot 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here!

    I’m an American about to travel outside of the country for the first time to Europe for a month. I was planning to get an eSIM for my phone because that’s the obvious thing to do but the problem is I just got a new iPhone 16. For whatever stupid reason the carrier is locked on new phones for 60 days, which I only bought this phone maybe 3 weeks ago specifically for this trip. (Also I traded in the old one so this 16 is all I have) When I saw on airalo that my phone isn’t compatible I called Verizon to see what I could do to get a temporary unlock or something. First person I talked to said I’d be able to get a 30 day unlock blabla but then I got transferred to a second person who said it is impossible. But their solution was to upgrade my plan to the Ultimate Unlimited one that has free international service or whatever and then turn on roaming. So I just went ahead and did that and forgot about it but now that im 2 days out from the flight a family friend who went to Spain is telling me that she did the same thing but still had problems. She couldn’t access uber and only was able to call people in America, no international calls. So now I’m kinda freaking out scrambling to come up with a solution. My mom is saying I should get a burner phone but so much of my plans are based around using my phone for navigation and tickets and stuff. So that’s the problem what should I do? I was thinking maybe she didn’t know to turn cellular roaming on and that was the problem? Thanks for reading and any help!

    ActivationEurope
  • Specialist-Swim8743 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Singapore eSim

    I’d recommend Nomad or Airalo. They’re both eSIM providers with short-term Singapore plans and good reviews. You can set it up in advance and it’ll kick in when she lands

    ActivationAsie
  • japetusgr 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Send eSIM installation link to someone in Turkey

    On a second thought, you said that you will use Roamic. That might work for the time being. The current ban concerns the following eight foreign esims: Saily Airalo Holafly Nomad Instabridge Mobimatter Alosim BNESIM

  • napsterqqq 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Turkey travel advice updated - access to e-sim services

    Exactly this. If you try and download or set up locally in Turkey it’s blocked. Downloaded Ubigi eSIM earlier this week whilst in the UK. Am in Turkey now and it works fine. Would have done Airolo but few folks have been having issues in a variety of places so decided to avoid.

    Asie
  • monito_com 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Choosing an eSIM for a one week trip, need advice

    Airalo is reliable in Japan, but if you want cheaper options that are still reliable, then the following all offer a 1GB eSIM valid for 7 days for these prices: esim4travel $2.18 Instabridge $2.50 Roamless $3.95 Saily $3.99 Nomad $4 Ubigi $4 Alosim $4.50 Airalo $4.50 I think all of them except esim4travel have smartphone apps, which make it easy to top up data if you run out. I'm sure you'll want more than 1GB, and the competitiveness of the providers will change as you buy bigger plans, but in general, Airalo is not usually the cheapest. It does have reliable service though.

    ActivationJapon
  • Appropriate_Donut268 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Shortgaze 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Avoid Holafly eSIMs, regret not reading the previous Reddits

    I have never had issues with Holafly, and I've been using them for years for international travel. The only time I had an issue was in France, where I started uploading a bunch of gb's of videos, and they paused the SIM until 12am because I used "a lot of data". CS told me to wait a few hrs. and service was reestablished. On the other hand, with Airalo I had the issue you have right now with Holafly with the only difference being they refunded me right away.

    Remboursement
  • hcornea 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Saily nope for Europe, what else?

    No. I stated that it performed solidly, based reliable connection and lack of outages (a problem which, for example, affected Airalo EU-plans last month). Holafly customers did not experience these outages, despite providers being “all pretty good”. The “unlimited” data usage is where the cost differential lies. Notwithstanding your reasonable concerns about transparency, 10Gb of fair-use per day is a large amount of data, compared to other popular plans, even for heavy users. In any case, if the OP has endured this thread, it’s 10Gb/day of high-speed data, for which you can specify exactly the number of days you require, at a slight price premium for convenience, and it works well.

    Europe
  • hugobo71 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · US to Austria and Netherlands soon. Is there an esim option that works in both EU countries?

    I love using unlimited high speed data while traveling cause I need to watch the stock😅 I have used these three brands and they all worked pretty decent. Saily is the cheapest, it supports 5gb/ day high speed data, 35 destinations Airalo supports 3gb high speed data /day, 42 destinations ByteSIM supports 500mb high speed/day, 57 destinations Holafly is the most expensive one and only supported 4G so I didn’t choose. I hate when unlimited data throttled to a slow speed 😅 is there any real unlimited high speed data eSIM

    Illimité
  • BusLegitimate8368 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/NoContract · Travel eSIM advice

    tried airalo ,holafly and yesim when it comes to price holafly then yesim then airalo and when it comes to internet speed yesim was the significantly better then the other two.

  • GeneralGSpot55 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for my Europe trip

    Well yes you’re right my usage is high, I’m just going off my data usage at home as I don’t use wifi I just have an unlimited data mobile plan, and sometimes I use around 100-200 gb a month but I hot spot my laptop and I don’t use any wifi at all.  And yes I would go more on the efficient side of things when travelling (so using wifi when practical) but that wouldn’t matter if I found an unlimited data plan. But I will consider a non-unlimited plan as an option.  Anyway there does seem to be a few unlimited data options like holafly, Simify and maya mobile. But I don’t know how good they are. I have used Airalo in Japan and it was pretty decent for connection but a bit pricey.  

    Japon
  • Fearless-Disk7954 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Vintagefly 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Particular_Sell_6871 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Unlimited intern for few days in Uk any recommendations for good eSIM, is Yesim worth it?

    Check the fair usage policy - the speed drops significantly after a while. I’ve tried Yesim, Hola, and Airalo. None of them are reliable for work just okay for texting. If you need a stable connection for video calls, get a regular data plan with 5-10GB usually enough for a few days of work. The only thing is, for YouTube, Reels, and other video content such as Netflix and so on, it’s better to use Wi-Fi hotspots. Unlimited internet is a myth for me. Marketing trick, not more

  • sometimesgeg 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here!

    Canadian heading to Netherlands/Belgium for a short visit in a couple months. on my first trip to Europe a couple years ago I tried Airalo but shortly after disconnected it because I got a crap connection and ended up getting a physical sim card instead. aaannnyway, while I am digging through all other available esims (too short of a visit to bother with a physical one) I see vodaphone has an esim app that appeals in both cost and duration... but never see anyone on any subreddit recommend it. so the question is, is the vodaphone esim any good?

    Europe
  • AirBiscuitBarrel 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ireland?

    Three Ireland do a visitor SIM with unlimited data, minutes and texts for 28 days for €20. I'd definitely recommend going straight through a local network - travel eSIMs like Airalo might be good for travel to countries where there's a considerable language barrier, or local infrastructure isn't as good, but I don't see a need to do it in a country like Ireland. They're so expensive.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prix
  • scandypandy 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Help with esims for Europe trip

    Hi I generally use Airalo. Depends on the country but generally it is better than my T-Mobile international plan - definitely loads faster. Have been using it throughout Europe (Portugal, Scotland, England, Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Croatia, France, Spain), Turkey, Japan, Taiwan, etc. Pros: • ⁠easy to install / can do it on airport wifi etc. • ⁠can buy top up packages Cons: • ⁠gets drained quite quickly - so make sure you turn on low battery mode and turn off background refresh and iCloud sync (if you have an iPhone) • ⁠Make sure you check that your phone is unlocked so that it can be installed tho Can use my code: ANNA455

    ActivationAsieEuropeJapon
    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe?

    Hi I generally use Airalo. Depends on the country but generally it is better than my T-Mobile international plan - definitely loads faster (have been using it Europe, Turkey, Japan, Taiwan) Pros: • ⁠easy to install / can do it on airport wifi etc. • ⁠can buy top up packages Cons: • ⁠gets drained quite quickly - so make sure you turn on low battery mode and turn off background refresh and iCloud sync (if you have an iPhone) • ⁠Make sure you check that your phone is unlocked so that it can be installed tho Can use my code: ANNA455

    ActivationAsieEuropeJapon
    r/eSIMs · Traveling to Europe which is the best option.

    Hi I generally use Airalo. Depends on the country but generally it is better than my T-Mobile international plan - definitely loads faster (have been using it Europe, Turkey, Japan, Taiwan, Peru, Ecuador) Pros: • ⁠easy to install / can do it on airport wifi etc. • ⁠can buy top up packages Cons: • ⁠gets drained quite quickly - so make sure you turn on low battery mode and turn off background refresh and iCloud sync (if you have an iPhone) • ⁠Make sure you check that your phone is unlocked so that it can be installed tho Can use my code: ANNA455

    ActivationAsieEuropeJapon
  • astronaut_puddles 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ireland?

    https://www.simsurf.com/en/esim-plans-compared I'm headed there soon too. I was planning on using Airalo, but might consider Holafly or another... I think Airalo uses the main networks in Ireland, including Three. For all the people worried about Airalo right now, wasn't that network problem just over in Germany?

    Europe
  • Alone_Wind_7709 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · travel esim (holafly, gomoworld, airalo)

    Ive been travelling for a while now, used GomoWorld most of my travel, but lately ive been having troubles with my data renewals, ive lost like 40 usd on data renewals that will simply won’t start… Ive wrote to the support team, at first they offered me new packages for my trip at the Balkans, and they said they said they woll force start em, but so far i havn’t seen them do it. In my opinion, Airalo and HolaFly are more expensive, but way more trustable. As for GoMoWorld, im done with it.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • freshfunk 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Bad experience with eSim Go (Mobimatter)

    I just installed an eSIM from Airalo. At the place I’m staying at I was getting LTE and occasionally 3G. Now I’m getting solid 4G with Airalo. It’s not my phone. And, as I said, prior to eSIMGo, I was using Airalo in Italy and it worked without any problems.

    Europe
  • ImpressiveCoconut982 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • binhpac 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Data usage for Japan

    i just use the cheapest data flatrate esim that i can find on klook/trazy/etc. thats usually cheaper than airalo or all the other global esim sellers.

  • SnooOranges9415 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • No_Camp_2182 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Catch-22 with eSIM activation?

    Ubigi is real pre-installed. It is one single network, Ubigi's "own" MVNO. You install once and the eSIM is activated right away. You land on a country and if you have purchased a plan for that country, it works immediately upon connection to the network, and the clock starts only upon initial connection to the country's network. This is as opposed to other re-sellers (such as Airolo) who re-sell eSIMs of other network providers and may not be able to truly activate until you arrive at some countries.

    Activation
  • CurrentWonderful6477 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Please help with Japan eSIM choice

    Been to Japan twice, used Airalo on uiPad and Ubigi on iPhone 15 Pro. Ubigi worked better for Tokyo and Hokkaido. Ubigi Discount Code: **U9F29QUW** \- 20% Off

    Japon
  • snuggly_cobra 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Explain Data ESIM to me like I am a 5 year old.

    Data=Internet/email. Voice=Cellular calls/sms. I am sitting in Maldives on vacation. My ATT phone is unlocked, and has a Helium Mobile e-sim. The plan I’m on gives me a local U.S. number. I downloaded the Airalo app and installed an e-sim for Maldives, with data and a number. $30 USD as opposed to $5/min to call. I will be stopping in England on the way home. ATT has an international data plan that covers the UK. It will cost me $12 USD per day. But I can download an e-sim from Nomad at get 500mb of data for 1 day for free. No local number. I could spend some more money and get a plan with voice and data.

    ActivationAsiePas cher
  • ImpressionBright3664 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Pocket Wifi or E-sim? - need advice

    Used Airalo esim for my 3 week trip that just ended and it worked perfect! Was able to stream movies on the train even outside of big cities. I got 20 gb which has lasted me all 3 weeks with 5 gb to spare. My bf who travelled with me and got the same plan used all of his but he was on his phone more (he used google maps to navigate for than I did and loves instagram reels). Its data only so you won’t have your phone number but I used whatsapp instead and it was all great. 20gb cost me about $35 CAD.

  • Party-Investment-286 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Lookup for esim apn location?

    https://preview.redd.it/8ybmc8mhq96f1.png?width=1122&format=png&auto=webp&s=796430d83bd6b805aa2915dbdef54f09109d2e17 Airalo (at least) now shows you on the details page of each eSIM whether the network it uses is routed (through another country) or not. Most of them are routed, but some are not - local eSIMS for UK and USA, for example. You have to go to each and check. (I don't work for Airalo or have any connection to them)

  • ScoYello 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Europe ESim

    Nomad was the best bang for my buck. I’ve only used the data only plans but that’s exactly what I needed. Seamless for my trips to Canada and the EU. It actually worked better than friends that used Airalo. PM if you need a referral code. https://www.getnomad.app

    Europe
  • Wonderful-Ad-4551 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim newbie questions:

    Thanks for those answers ! Sparks for 60 days cost more than Airalo for Austria and another Esim for 30 days.

    EuropePas cher
  • purplelavender39 🇬🇧

    9 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Travelling Australia/NZ

    I highly recommend Airalo e-sim. Have been using it for all my travels including recently to Ozzie. Easy to install and activate all in the phone and stable fast connection. You can use code SOPHIA2747 for instant US$3 off your first purchase with Airalo. [https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt](https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt) If you have any questions can PM me I can try to help, but generally instructions on how to install are very clear! Cheers!

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · SE Asia

    Hey Hey I have been travelling across SEA (Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam) these past months and I am using Airalo. It works well for me with stable connections. You can buy 3 different Esims and just switch on and off from your mobile data tab as you arrive in different countries. Pretty simple. You can use code SOPHIA2747 for instant US$3 off your first purchase with Airalo to get more bang for your buck :). [https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt](https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt) If you have any questions can PM me I can try to help, but generally instructions on how to install are very clear! Cheers!

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Anyone use Breeze eSIM in UK?

    If you are looking for a better alternative, I highly recommend Airalo e-sim, can be used in the UK. Have been using it for all my travels including recently to London. Easy to install and activate all in the phone and stable fast connection. You can use code SOPHIA2747 for instant US$3 off your first purchase with Airalo. [https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt](https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt) If you have any questions can PM me I can try to help, but generally instructions on how to install are very clear! Cheers!

    ActivationEurope
    r/eSIMs · Recommended eSim for 9 days in Yellowstone (US) & Banff (Canada)?

    I highly recommend Airalo e-sim, can be used in US and Canada. Have been using it for all my travels including recently to California. Easy to install and activate all in the phone and stable fast connection. You can use code SOPHIA2747 for instant US$3 off your first purchase with Airalo. [https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt](https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt) If you have any questions can PM me I can try to help, but generally instructions on how to install are very clear! Cheers!

    ActivationÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · eSIM recommandation for USA

    I highly recommend Airalo e-sim. Have been using it for all my travels including recently to California. Easy to install and activate all in the phone and stable fast connection. You can use code SOPHIA2747 for instant US$3 off your first purchase with Airalo. [https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt](https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt) If you have any questions can PM me I can try to help, but generally instructions on how to install are very clear! Cheers!

    ActivationÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Vodafone - E-SIM Barbados & USA

    I highly recommend Airalo e-sim, can be used in Barbados and USA. Have been using it for all my travels including recently to California. Easy to install and activate all in the phone and stable fast connection. You can use code SOPHIA2747 for instant US$3 off your first purchase with Airalo. [https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt](https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt) If you have any questions can PM me I can try to help, but generally instructions on how to install are very clear! Cheers!

    ActivationÉtats-Unis
    r/NoContract · Travel eSIM advice

    I like Airalo esim, I have always been using it for all my travels, Europe, Japan, SEA, all works fine. Super convenient, no need to change physical sim cards, and instant connection as soon as I touch down to a new country. For those who are first time users, you can get instant US$3 off your first eSIM data pack from Airalo. Use code SOPHIA2747 when you sign up or apply it at checkout. [https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt](https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt)

    ActivationAsieEuropeJapon
    r/eSIMs · cheap eSIM Egypt

    I highly recommend Airalo e-sim. Easy to install and activate all in the phone and stable fast connection. You can use code SOPHIA2747 for instant US$3 off your first purchase with Airalo to get more discounts. [https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt](https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt) If you have any questions can PM me I can try to help, but generally instructions on how to install are very clear! Cheers!

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · esims options for Portugal AND Madeira

    My favorite trusty esim is Airalo :) No issues for me in Europe. You can enter code SOPHIA2747 for instant US$3 off your first purchase :) If you have any questions can PM me I will try to help! [https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt](https://ref.airalo.com/DtTt)

    Europe
  • TechnPhotos 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Japan eSIM

    Welcome to Japan! Sakura Mobile offers eSims with unlimited data. Mobal is another good option with several fixed data options to choose from. Other eSim providers include Saily, HolaFly, and Airalo, but these are much more expensive and offer less data when compared to the local options. So do check out Sakura Mobile and Mobal and see which one is a better fit for you Safe travels!

    JaponRapport qualité-prix
  • HelpfulCar2018 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Any tried Thyme Mobility?

    I used Airalo for my business trip to Manila last year. Going back there again this month. I need at least 10 GB because of my podcast listening habit. When I saw this post, I looked up Thyme's data plans. Their plan for the Philippines is a little cheaper than Airalo's and also served by Globe Telecom there, so I am going to try it. Globe is more reliable than some of the smaller companies I have tried before. Will let you know how it goes. https://preview.redd.it/bh96ok4emw4f1.png?width=1850&format=png&auto=webp&s=0ea93433e41bbd6e38b01020d6e92eb8b87f5d08

    Asie
  • Tall-Method7614 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Capable-Challenge861 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe?

    I highly recommend MobbiMatter, used it for all o Europe and the Balkans, worked perfectly every time. Its cheaper than Airlo, HolaFly, MayaMobil etc and works even better. I used a discount code (FRANM71481) and got $5 off

  • skifans 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here!

    Completely depends on the specific SIM you buy. There is no general answer to that question. Both Saily and Airalo just re-sell packages from different networks and it is the rules of that network that apply. If a sim is EU only and has no roaming when you go to Switzerland it just won't work.

  • SeeBuyFly3 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo eurolink vs Ubigi Europe

    Ubigi worked fine for us in France.. Their single country SIMs are significantly cheaper than regional (e.g. Europe) SIMs. You can use their app to get a US IP address, and to top up your eSIM if you run out of data. Reportedly topup works even if you have no data at all. They also email you if your data balance is low or the eSIM is about to expire. Airalo is a ripoff. When I used Mobimatter, some web pages displayed in Polish because it gave me a Polish IP.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • JazFlowerNYC 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best eSim for Europe?

    I used Airalo for two weeks in Denmark, my first time so took way too long for me to figure out correctly, after that it was a breeze and worked just fine! We did not totally understand you still can’t make a normal call or sms text using it (only WiFi calling/using apps like WhatsApp etc) but got the hang of it eventually.

    ActivationEurope
  • Isernogwattesnacken 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Best eSim for Europe?

    Airalo is the easiest as you can set everything up now through the app and just activate data on arrival.

    Activation
  • turtledude100 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • NternalMonk 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Avoid Airelo Like The Plague

    And isn’t it equally “likely” that a company with a such low customer satisfaction rating across the Internet (on sites like Trust Pilot) is the problem. I only just discovered how bad “AIRALO’S” reputation is after my own experience. And exactly how “likely“ is it that someone with a computer science background and who has been using the same company’s eSIM in Japan for six months(without any problems) is likely to not know how to set up an APN? Let me just end this absurd discussion by saying…. Go ahead, with all the options out there, roll the dice in a foreign country with “AIRALO”… good luck with that!

    ActivationJapon
    r/eSIMs · Avoid Airelo Like The Plague

    What’s your point? Technical glitches happen. Planes can malfunction crash and kill you. Does that mean that the company is not responsible for it’s product? Usually technical glitches are an inconvenience. It’s not an inconvenience when you are stuck behind the Chinese firewall, with almost no options and unable to function in a society that runs on the Internet. If Airalo had done the right thing and simply given me my money back, I would never have posted a negative review. Instead, they added insult to injury by jerking me around, wasting more of my time and then stealing my money anyway..

    AsieRemboursement
  • NewspaperLeading2614 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best data only eSIM for iPhone in Europe?

    https://preview.redd.it/59vb3xhryj3f1.jpeg?width=738&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8c0c8ee77e83d77f92ad17b00a24b419e5fd4531 I always compare the cheapest data plans on every app I have access to. The one on my screenshot is really worth it. Airalo, GoMo World, and Saily are only recommended if there’s no other option. In my opinion, those three are too expensive.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Liiyong 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim for china

    Mobimatter is the cheapest one with build in vpn. Very good one, in the past i have used airalo, saily and holafly. mobimatter is by far the cheapest

  • hungasian8 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim for china

    Im in china now and use tsimtech from mobimatter without any problem, no vpn needed. Ive been using mobimatter everywhere, much cheaper than airalo. Add my referral code for extra discount: GREEN89202

  • gorrdo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ireland and Spain

    I just came back from Spain using Airalo. Was mostly on LTE and with little 5G connection. It did the job of navigating using google maps.

    Europe
  • samuelohagan 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM in Algeria (north Africa)

    So many different providers do a Google search and find the cheapest one. I personally use the one built into my phone which uses redteago as a provider and I find it much cheaper and more reliable then the big companies that always get recommended here (airalo or mobimatter)

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • divot333 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo Install issue

    Thank you! That one went through all of the screens that Airalo didn't. Now that both are installed, they look the same (other than the serial numbers, etc.). So I think the Airalo was properly installed even though it skipped the screens? I was able to go through and name both eSIMs and set the Airalo as my Data and Voice connection.

    Activation
  • fa-s-ter 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Anyone use airalo and been stitched up?

    I‘m also a big fan, works flawlessly. From what I read it‘s cheaper than many of the other big esim companies - that’s why I always use airalo. In case you decide to go there, here‘s a voucher that benefits the both of us (credit for the next card): FABIAN0110

    Pas cher
  • Reading-Rabbit4101 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Numberone1111111 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · which esim should i go with?

    Airalo is really good but its very expensive compared to others. Last time i tried goworldsim.com and it was almost 30% cheaper and same quality

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • jptsr1 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · 7 days in New York

    I always use TMobile when in the US. You can save money with Change (either though holofly alor Airalo) but TMobile always has the best connection.

    Pas cherÉtats-Unis
  • idletradventures 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Looking for eSIM with hotspot for China travel

    The eSIM we bought during our China trips supports hotspot from our mobile phone and it’s cheaper than the eSIM providers you mentioned. We wrote about the which eSIM works well in China without the need for VPN: https://idletradventures.beehiiv.com/p/how-to-access-the-internet-in-china-as-a-tourist-vpns-or-esims-for-google-instagram-whatsapp-and-mor

  • Ill_Parsnip_3689 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Lyric-Harber32 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Looking for recommendations in the UK

    Just did 3 weeks in the UK (London + Northumberland) and used RedteaGO. Their unlimited data plan is only $0.7/day ,super reliable and way better value than Airalo or Saily. Never had signal issues, even in the countryside. Highly recommend for longer stays!

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Fresh-Revolution-895 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · What’s the cheapest and best eSIM for the USA?

    Been using Redteago for my US trips,unlimited data at just $0.7/day. Super convenient and reliable, even during busy events like festivals. I’ve tried Airalo and Nomad before, but Redteago's value and stability won me over. Perfect if you go south often!

    Rapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe travel?

    I tried Airalo on my first trip just because everyone was recommending it, but after switching to RedteaGO for my second trip, I honestly didn’t feel much of a difference—except in price. Both were easy to set up, both activated instantly, and I never had issues connecting. But Airalo cost me more than double for the same amount of data. Redteago just made more sense when I was in France for a month. I used around 15GB mostly for maps, Spotify, and a lot of YouTube, and the connection was totally fine. No weird slowdowns or anything, even when I used it to hotspot my iPad a couple of timesWhat I also liked was that Redteago showed the local network you were on, and it switched pretty smoothly when I crossed over to Germany. I was kinda expecting to troubleshoot a lot or lose service temporarily, but didn’t run into that at all If you’re just using data and want something straightforward, I’d say Redteago or Mobimatter gives you the same result for cheaper. Unless you really need everything wrapped into a fancy app, I don’t see what makes Airalo more “convenient“

    ActivationRapport qualité-prix
  • mklaus123 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe travel?

    BNEsim is what we've been using. You get 5G connectivity and it's much cheaper than Airalo. BNE also has a 'lifetime data' option in addition to monthly plans.

  • TopSandwich2 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Europe travel?

    I tried Airalo on my first trip just because everyone was recommending it, but after switching to RedteaGO for my second trip, I honestly didn’t feel much of a difference—except in price. Both were easy to set up, both activated instantly, and I never had issues connecting. But Airalo cost me more than double for the same amount of data. RedteaGO just made more sense when I was in France for a month. I used around 15GB mostly for maps, Spotify, and a lot of YouTube, and the connection was totally fine. No weird slowdowns or anything, even when I used it to hotspot my iPad a couple of timesWhat I also liked was that RedteaGO showed the local network you were on, and it switched pretty smoothly when I crossed over to Germany. I was kinda expecting to troubleshoot a lot or lose service temporarily, but didn’t run into that at all If you’re just using data and want something straightforward, I’d say RedteaGO or Mobimatter gives you the same result for cheaper. Unless you really need everything wrapped into a fancy app, I don’t see what makes Airalo more “convenient“

    ActivationRapport qualité-prix
  • bkacklover2018 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for traveling to Punta Cana in the Dominica Republic

    I wouldn’t go to the DR without unlimited data. I don’t want to run out of data at 4 a.m. leaving a club. It happened in Colombia using [Airalo](https://www.airalo.com/): I ran out of data and had to take a taxi, which wasn’t safe. In LATAM only Uber is recommended because taxis can be dangerous, and I was shit scared. On my next trip I switched to [Holafly](https://esim.holafly.com/), and it gave me peace. So my mental note is: **unlimited data.**

  • Acefr 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • hassansaeedyt 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Deep_Bluebird_9237 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is Airalo or aloSIM the better option?

    Just returned from a trip and used airalo. Month after trip they tried to charge me for another month and had to cancel card and dispute as fraud. So, not sure how often this happens but have seen it on other posts a few times. Plus, doesn’t allow text messages which can be a factor at times

    Remboursement
  • gpoul 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Traveling from Canada to Germany this summer

    Try to get an eSIM that lists the supported networks; Airalo supports 5G on Vodafone and O2 according to their website: [https://www.airalo.com/de/germany-esim/hallo-mobil-30days-20gb](https://www.airalo.com/de/germany-esim/hallo-mobil-30days-20gb) Do NOT get an eSIM that only supports O2 unless you know it works in the locations you're travelling to.

    Europe
  • endlesslyaloser 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here!

    Hello, has anyone used Mobi Matter in the Balkans? Is the regional e-sim good? I’m going to Albania, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Bulgaria and Romania. Saw a lot of people recommending Airalo but Mobi Matter seems more cost-effective so I wanted to know if it was a good option.

    Europe
  • ReddShope 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for additional Coverage in the US

    I tried Redteago last month—before that I’d always used Airalo. Their US eSIM connects to either T-Mobile or Verizon depending on your location (you can check the details in this post), and it’s like half the price of Airalo. I’m on the basic $0.7/day plan and haven’t had any issues so far. Used it up in Colorado when AT&T completely gave out. Setup was super easy too—just scanned the QR code and I was good to go. Might be worth trying for a month, especially if you’re not using a ton of data

    États-Unis
  • LifeLeg5 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Japan

    keyword is "regional" you want a "SEA regional e-sim" Japan is a different story, you could probably find an Asia-wide one but that will be significantly more expensive try with gigago, airalo, holafly, klook, those should have what you need been using them for 3 years now when I travel

    AsieJapon
  • JohnnyDive 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • Dave_FIRE_at_45 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Waste-Fact-8252 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AleksandrAntonov 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM app for International travel?

    Using Airalo app for years and it’s been very reliable! Get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code ALEKSA9340 when you sign up or check out. https://ref.airalo.com/kZZM

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for US trip

    Using Airalo app for years and it’s been very reliable! Get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code ALEKSA9340 when you sign up or check out. https://ref.airalo.com/kZZM

    r/eSIMs · eSIM recommandation for USA

    Using Airalo app for years and it’s been very reliable! Get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code ALEKSA9340 when you sign up or check out. https://ref.airalo.com/kZZM

  • Emergency_Savings335 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best e-SIM option for multiple country travel?

    I can say the same about such giants as Airalo and Globalyo. There were situations when I had problem with access to internet. At the same time, smaller players proved to be a good and reliable. But sometimes it’s totally opposite. So I cannot name a single eSIM service that would be 100% reliable, always. That’s why I have a couple of them 🙂

  • Lauronka 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · First time using an eSIM

    next time get your data from pikasim.com. it’s much cheaper than airalo. I’m traveling to Turkey as well and I got 3GB for $2.70

  • ewlung 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • atagapadalf 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Going to Japan & Thailand for a month, any tips? Two Layovers too, from the UK.

    In Thailand last year and last month I used a dtac eSIM, and it's worked fine for me. They joined up with True and have a pretty comprehensive network across the country. They also have a WIDE range of package options. In Japan (last year) I used Ubigi. Had good connections and speed. Airalo and Saily both had issues, likely because of their chosen partner(s).

    Japon
  • Otherwise_Scheme_334 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Fickle-Ad-4526 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Poor function, poor utility

    Thanks bpbp216. I bought a voice/text/data esim from Airalo for use in Brazil. Some setting allowed the esim (or the phone?) to choose the network. I have now learned that some of the problem is that the new Samsung phone (or Verizon) is harshly configured to eliminate most options for which sim carries which function, when. The menu items are simply not there. The second issue is utility. So much of what I (we?) do with our phones requires the use of our home region cell phone number. As another commenter said, an esim is like borrowing someone else's phone. And turning your own phone off. That abandons a lot of functionality and connectivity these days. How do people live with this when traveling with an esim?

  • Old_Caterpillar7463 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • datahoarderguy70 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Advanced-Leopard163 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Why is Airalo expensive? Is it worth it?

    You can use breeze esim. They are much cheaper than Airalo. I used this recently when I came to the US. It worked fine. I used unlimited data with 1 GB of high-speed internet. I did not use up my data limitation even though throughout the day I was using the data, I would say more than 10 hours per day, and the rest I was connected to the hotel wifi.

  • squirrelcop3305 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Why is Airalo expensive? Is it worth it?

    We’ve gotten the Sparks eSIM through Mobimatter for our last several trips to Europe and it has worked great. The price point was way better than Airalo when we were eSIM shopping

    Europe
  • castaneom 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Why is Airalo expensive? Is it worth it?

    The prices and reviews are the only difference.. I’ve used all types of eSims and they’re all pretty much the same. When I visit Europe I mostly use Bouygues and Orange eSims. They’ve done the job. Also pricey, but they’re worth it. I don’t like Airalo’s rates. I prefer Holafly for short trips.. but I’ll pay extra for the convenience of knowing I’ll be connected. I’ve had bad experiences at hotels with terrible wifi.

  • lloydlloyd 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM installation

    Nope, no luck. I tried another brand esim (airalo) and still no luck. Got in touch with Samsung and they said it may work once we get to Japan. Currently in Tokyo, and that idea also did not work. I think it had to be an issue with the phone rather than any of the carriers. Fortunately my wife and I have an Android and an iPhone between us, and had no issues loading it onto the iPhone. Going to find a physical SIM for the Samsung tomorrow...

    ActivationJapon
  • MuleTekVicente 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Looking for some esims for in Asia

    All eSIM vendors such a Aíralo, Holafly, Muletek, etc. will cover those countries and those speeds. The main question is if a regional plan or country plan… that’s budget related.

  • BERK2525 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Nov 2024 Promo Code Thread - eSIM Offers, Codes and Referrals Go Here

    Do your good deed for the day. Use my referral and we both get $3 off an eSIM If you’re travelling soon and want to avoid overpriced roaming charges, I genuinely recommend using an eSIM. I’ve been using Monty and Airalo for over 5 years and they’ve worked reliably across the Maldives, Bahamas, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Portugal, Spain, Romania, Bulgaria, and the US. Both are solid choices and super easy to set up. Monty often has cheaper short-term plans. Airalo offers broader country and regional options. Use my referral codes and we both get $3 off an eSIM: Monty: UlhTQ30C Airalo: USMAN7515

    ActivationAsieEuropeÉtats-Unis
  • BrainlessPanda73 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo or Nomad for USA (Louisiana) eSIM

    Thank you. My phone won’t accept Tello because it’s locked to my network while Im under contract - Airalo and Nomad work for data only as I’ve tested them for UK so just looking to see if anyone would recommend for USA.

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
  • True-Yam5919 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo or Nomad for USA (Louisiana) eSIM

    Both will work just fine. I would stick with Airalo. If I’m not mistaken Nomad routes their traffic thru servers in other countries and may increase latency. The 3 main networks in the states are Verizon, At&t, T-Mobile. Airolo uses Verizon or T-Mobile.

    États-Unis
  • heynow941 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AppetizersinAlbania 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • The_depressed26 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Scary-Rain 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What's the deal with Airalo?

    I used my paypal on Friday to buy an esim through airalo in the UK. By Saturday I was getting multiple emails from paypal asking about staying logged into a trusted device that I don’t own and another email with the recommendation to change my password as there was suspicious activity on my account. Aside from this issue the internet has worked well.

    Europe
  • lisa002_2 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here!

    Esim crazy data gobble explained by ChatGPT Airalo failed to explain this and nobody in the community has any insights or knowledge about this. So I discussed this at length with ChatGPT and found the following to be helpful to those who are normal non-tech people like me who need their roaming esims to behave when traveling. Tl,Dr huge chunks of data can disappear from Airalo esim without any record anywhere even when you do everything right. Stay prepared! PSA for Travelers Using Airalo or Any eSIM: Watch Out for Unexplained Data Loss Body: Just wanted to share an experience that might help others avoid a major inconvenience while traveling. I’ve used eSIMs (including Airalo) on multiple trips across Europe and Asia — ranging from 10 to 24 days — and never had any issues. I always keep my usage tight: no app updates, no video streaming, no auto-sync, and I download Google Maps offline in advance. I use Chrome occasionally, always on data saver mode, and have system updates set to Wi-Fi only. Basically, I optimize everything. This time, I bought an Airalo global eSIM with 20 minutes of call time, some texts, and 2 GB of data. Everything went fine at first — normal usage over a few days, and data drained predictably. Then, on day five, I saw something strange: about 700 MB of data disappeared in a single day, even though I had barely used the eSIM and was mostly driving. My phone’s own data tracker showed only 1.2 GB used in total, but Airalo’s logs claimed I had already hit 1.9 GB — a massive discrepancy. No app on my phone — not even Chrome or Google Play Services — showed anything close to that amount of usage. I contacted Airalo, but they couldn’t explain where the data went. At first, I thought this might be a one-off glitch or just a global plan quirk. But I switched to a regional Airalo eSIM, and the same thing happened again — this time while lightly browsing in the car. Another big, unexplained drop in data, with no clear trace in my phone’s data usage stats. --- So What’s Going On? Turns out, data can “disappear” for several reasons that most users would never know about: 1. Network-level metering: eSIM providers like Airalo count data at the network level. That includes everything — retries, background pings, failed requests, DNS lookups — which don’t always show up in Android’s per-app tracking. 2. Driving adds chaos to the mix: While driving, your phone switches between towers constantly. That can lead to: Page reloads or failed downloads repeating GPS or location syncing in the background Connection retries that waste data silently 3. System-level data use may not be logged: Services like assisted GPS, device health checks, and sync operations can use data without being tied to any app in your usage logs — especially if it happens during signal changes or reconnection events. 4. Airalo may report usage in chunks or after delays: Sometimes, you may have used 300 MB over several days, but Airalo logs the usage all at once when the session ends — making it appear like a sudden spike. --- Why This Is a Problem This puts travelers in a vulnerable spot: You can do everything right — restrict usage, optimize settings, keep mobile data off — and still lose hundreds of MBs without explanation. In the middle of a trip, this can mean losing connectivity at a critical moment. Worse, there’s no transparency or way to challenge it. The provider just tells you the data is gone — no breakdown, no recourse. Most people won’t even know what to check or where the loss happened. And yet, they’re the ones stuck buying extra data or scrambling for a fix. --- What You Can Do Use tools like GlassWire or NetGuard to monitor real-time per-app data usage. Disable “Mobile data always active” in Developer Options. Turn off background data for key apps like Chrome, Play Services, and cloud sync tools. Avoid browsing media-heavy websites while in motion. Use browsers with compression or Reader Mode (e.g., Opera Mini or Firefox Focus). Set a mobile data limit in system settings to avoid surprises. --- What Airalo (or any eSIM provider) Should Do Offer transparent, session-level data logs — not just daily totals. Notify users of potential causes of unexpected data use (e.g., roaming handovers, low-level system use). Improve dispute support with detailed usage summaries. Offer optional app usage breakdowns for user verification. Partner with more consistent, transparent network providers. --- Bottom line: if you've lost data on an eSIM and can’t find where it went — you’re not alone. It’s a known issue, and the system isn’t built to help you verify or dispute anything. Hopefully, this helps you stay one step ahead and avoid the same headaches.

    AsieEuropeRemboursement
  • frankbowles1962 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • pilgrimsam2 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for US trip

    I've used Airalo and Roamless. Both worked great. I also used a free trial with TMobile and it worked great.

  • SaraArt11 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Orange Travel Esim -Anyone uses it before?

    I tried. Did all the setup right before the trip to add the eSIM. I got there and I could not activate it. It gave me 3 attempts. I’m sure it was me just missing a step but it was not user friendly to set up. I sat in the airport and downloaded Airalo and installed first try. I was not happy about paying twice and the Airalo didn’t have the data that Orange did so I had to reload it. It was just a money spent that still annoys me lol.

    Activation
    r/eSIMs · Orange Travel Esim -Anyone uses it before?

    I didn’t reach out to them. It had been a very long flight, I had already slept in one airport and I wasn’t looking to deal with more bad customer service. I was in the correct the issue and move on phase of my vacation. Airalo worked and got me to the next point.

  • nymph45cutie 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Dirt_McGirtster 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Anyone use airalo and been stitched up?

    I don't know what happened, i was fine with airalo for first few days and then it all started to go a bit south, couldn't get connection especially in siam area and completely lost data today even tho i had 3gb on my data...it said my sim was active bit no data it just disappeared

    Asie
  • No_Step_9826 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · best eSIM option - travelling to canada

    I’ve used Airalo in Canada. The connection is quite good in Vancouver. Calgary. Whistler. Vancouver island. Banff. Mostly 5 G signal. ( only some remotes parts in Banff is LTE ) their Canada eSIM covers three different local networks. You can also check what other company’s network.

  • Organic-Ebb1123 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs SimsDirect - Travel to India

    Just returned from a month in India - mostly national parks / out of town areas in Assam and Arunachal Pradesh in the north-east. Bought an Airalo e-sim , 35USD for 20GB valid for 30 days and set up before departing Australia. Found it worked well, and maintained connection in most areas, intermittent in a few remoter / high elevation areas.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Esim for India

    Just returned from a month in India - mostly national parks / out of town areas in Assam and Arunachal Pradesh in the north-east. Bought an Airalo e-sim , 35USD for 20GB valid for 30 days and set up before departing Australia. Found it worked well, and maintained connection in most areas, intermittent in a few remoter / high elevation areas.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · Best esim for India?

    Just returned from a month in India - mostly national parks / out of town areas in Assam and Arunachal Pradesh in the north-east. Bought an Airalo e-sim , 35USD for 20GB valid for 30 days and set up before departing Australia. Found it worked well, and maintained connection in most areas, intermittent in a few remoter / high elevation areas.

    ActivationAsie
    r/eSIMs · What eSIM for one month India

    Just returned from a month in India - mostly national parks / out of town areas in Assam and Arunachal Pradesh in the north-east. Bought an Airalo e-sim , 35USD for 20GB valid for 30 days. Found it worked well, and maintained connection in most areas, intermittent in a few remoter / high elevation areas.

    Asie
  • lancer199135 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Italy Airalo reboot to get data signal

    That's the thing, the only offering on settings is "international roaming", which is what is frustrating that there is no just plain data roaming with separate options for each sim, and I have that turned on. Access point is set to Webbing - wbdata which is what Airalo listed, but did just notice it says enter as name also. Maybe that's it.

    Activation
  • FavouriteWorstHumbug 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · IOS update has ruined my eSIM.

    Well it was working perfectly until I went to bed so I don’t see what she could’ve done wrong. Airalo support were stumped as well after I sent them a billion screenshots.

    Remboursement
  • spacetiger10k 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · From one traveler to another: Avoid Airalo.

    I tried a few different ones and Airalo was actually the best of the lot for me. I had difficulty getting it working initially (as I did with all of them), but Airalo's support was incredible. They spent a couple of hours with me, sorted the problem, were super helpful and professional. I am a loyal customer who recommends them to others now.

    ActivationRemboursement
  • Whiplash104 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Gigago eSim review for Vietnam

    I go to Hanoi about 3-5 times a year and I always get an eSIM with Gigago. What led me to Gigago is that they are a reseller of local eSIMs direct from the carrier. They aren't an international eSIM provider that routes traffic through their network (although in some countries that can be a benefit.) GIgaGo's plans put you direclty on Vinaphone or Viettel native networks as far as I can tell . When I was in Thailand I got a travel eSIM from AIS for the same reason. It's the closest thing to going directly to a Vietnamobile or Viettel store or kiosk and asking to buy a tourist eSIM. GigaGo is the third party and they makes it really easy for me to purchase and install online, and they have been responsive with questions when I did their email support. By they way, Veittel has a website where you can buy a tourist eSIM online directly but for the last few years whenever It try it, it's totally broken. I did once get past the ID verification to an empty page with no purchase options (so don't waste your time.) My business trips are typically 10-14 days. Originally I got an eSIM to avoid Verizon's $10/day TravelPass. Despite the fact that I could expense it, I just wanted to find a more economical approach. Now Verizon has Unlimited Ultimate which includes 10GB, calls, and text roaming so I don't need an eSIM but I still get one on GigaGo because it's cheap and a lot more data. Usually I pay about $16 to $19 for the whole trip. At times I have tried other eSIMs while I'm there just to test them out. GIgaGo offers Viettel and Vinaphone eSIMs. Since my Verizon roaming gives me Viettel and Vietnamobile and my Roamless eSIM work on Viettel if needed, I get the Vinaphone GigaGo eSIM. If you're traveling to the mountains and need the absolute best coverage, you can't to wrong with Viettel. If you're sticking to populated areas, Vinaphone works great and oftentimes it's even better. So get whichever plan looks best for your needs. The local calls on vinaphone customers has basically been useless to me and once I tried using the phone number to register an OTP to make a reservation, so it does work for receiving texts. I've tried many eSIM providers in Vietnam and generally they all work fine. There are 4 carriers in Vietnam (Viettel, Viinaphone, Vietnamobile, and VN Mobiphone) so it's a matter of making sure the eSIM you get has the carrier you want. I advise sticking to Viettel and Vinaphone. By the way, a friend of mine recently went to Vietnam. He asked if Airalo was good (since he was going multi country) and yes, it's was good in Vietnam the one time I used it there. Having used them at least 15 times, I do recommend GigaGo. You can get eSIMs at [https://vietnamesim.com/](https://vietnamesim.com/) or [https://gigago.com/esim/vietnam/](https://gigago.com/esim/vietnam/) (same thing same plans.) I travel with a few eSIMs on my phone for redundancy which I may also suggest since they cost little to nothing to include on your phone. [https://roamless.com/](https://roamless.com/) as a backup and for layovers in other countries where I only need a little bit. It's pay per uses and I keep it funded with credit that doesn't expire. It's also a backup in the US and just good to have no matter where you are. Roamless uses Viettel in Vietnam so it makes a great backup to a GigaGo Vinaphone plan. But GigaGo is cheaper which is why I would make that the main plan. [https://www.firsty.app/](https://www.firsty.app/) is free to install and free data to test out. You can buy day passes if needed. It's just good to have as a backup and cost nothing. If you. need it you can buy one day at a time. I don't recall which network they use in Vietnam. Firsty can sometimes take a while to find the network, but it worked. I'm not paid to write this. I just saw this review and wanted to add my experience and recommendation.

    Asie
  • CriticalYear9565 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Dubai

    I used Airalo and WhatsApp was not blocked, so I was able to video call on WhatsApp.

  • Fishingee 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · From one traveler to another: Avoid Airalo.

    Lol. They keep screwing me over. I’m being honest when I say there are too many issues to explain. If I explain one issue, people will try to solve it. But they have a larger, systemic problem. Everything, EVERYTHING is a headache with airalo. Nothing is simple.

    r/eSIMs · From one traveler to another: Avoid Airalo.

    I’m being honest when I say over the course of the past 6 weeks of travel, Airalo has been too many problems to mention. They screwed me over multiple times in precarious situations while traveling. Imagine frantically searching for wifi in order access google maps so you can get somewhere safe, or paying extra for a taxi because you got cut off from your uber because Airalo unexpectedly cut off your service. Airalo is too unreliable. If it’s not one thing, it’s another. Too much bs to deal with.

  • Long_Action4904 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • StrictDiet3824 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • NuggetDaddy12 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · E-sim questions

    Airalo has a 20gb 30days. Is that good? And does it mean 20gb per day or 20gb for the 30 days

  • travellingcoffee 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travel to Mexico

    I have use Airalo and Globalesim both seem to work ok. Globalesim did have an option to add call minutes but I have never needed or used them so can't say how well they work. One other option is getting a local sim from OXO or Walmart. Last one I got was 200 pesos with unlimited data with text with free calling to Canada and the US.

  • haywire 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • CWM1130 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • T_ng23 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Recommendations for "simulated" eSIMs for Japan?

    Been using Airalo each time I have been in Japan. You can purchase and have everything setup prior to leaving for your trip and when you land it will be ready to go basically. You just need to follow the instructions carefully to ensure the setup is correct. Only 1 person or 1 device needs to install the app and make an account. After that you can just scan the QR code on the other phones and activate the eSim and utilize it that way. They have referral codes that offer $4.50 which makes the price of 5GB for 30 days in Japan to roughly $12 which isn't too bad at all. Safe travels!

    ActivationJaponPas cherRapport qualité-prix
    r/eSIMs · Esim for US, Mexico and Europe

    Done a similar trip last year and I ended up using Airalo. They have a pretty good 30 day package. It went super smooth as I was able to setup everything prior to my flight out. PM me if you would like a referral code for $4.50. Cheers and aafe travels!

    Activation
  • SketchyClimbs 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Grouchy-Cut9364 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Plastic_Ad_9700 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ___therealbry 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Digicel Trinidad – How to Keep iMessage & WhatsApp on Canadian Number?

    Perfect! That’s similar if not the same instructions for Airalo. I think I was getting confused because I actually get a phone number with these plans and maybe Airalo does give phone numbers but I never use it and assume it’s just data plans I’m purchasing. By what your saying I can utilize my messaging and not incur extra Canadian fees

    Activation
  • Upstairs_Produce5925 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Saily is just one big scam.

    Saily was painfully slow for me in the UK. Could not get a refund. Overall would never use Saily again. Airalo worked great in UK and France.

    Europe
  • LegitimateCurve1564 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Saily is just one big scam.

    Same with me. Never activated. Customer support did not responsd either. I ended up getting Airalo instead which is now working fine. Such a hassle.

  • RovingRaspberry 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Transferable eSims

    What is your use case ? Given that Airalo, Holafly and others do not offer phone numbers, just Sara, it would be easier to simply buy an eSIM for each phone.

    r/eSIMs · Looking for an eSIM that lets you keep your phone number + make regular calls, too

    Yes, you can have your Canadian number and another number active at the same time. Travel eSIMs like Airalo, Holafly, etc do not have their own number but also, you cannot transfer your Roger’s number to those services. You CAN certainly keep your Rogers number active and use another number simultaneously. Send me a PM for my $10 Tello referral code IF you decide Tello is the best option for you.

    r/eSIMs · Airalo

    I would look at ‘Roamless’ Airalo doesn’t seem particularly cost effective these days.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Noah2570 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · US phone number on eSIM

    3. if I pay $5 per month instead of reloading $20 as credit for my sim/esim, and then I decide to cancel the recurring payment, will I still be able to for example receive codes? (this worked with airalo after my sim expired even if it was a data only sim when I was travelling to Austria)

    Europe
  • Sea-Ad8918 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • morkiuz 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Kind-Progress-4374 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · recommendations for the us?

    Check out Klook, they have physical sims that you can pick up at your destination as well as some eSIMs from Airalo with options for a lot more date with call and text and for a cheaper price

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • Bitter-insides 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM SMS+ data : New Zealand travel

    Question will this allow me to receive sms. I have found that iMessages work but none iPhone text do lot with Airalo. I’m a bit slow so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

  • netaurio 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Negative-Turnip1671 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Italy eSIM advice (URGENT)

    Thats the sort of thing that worries me--like I could totally text people I'm friends with on other apps, but when it comes to things like text verifications, organizations as opposed to individual people, and others texting me from work, I feel like those are things I do not anticipate being issues but very easily could be. Even if I do not necessarily have calls I definitely want texting. At the very least Airalo could be a temporary solution though for regular wifi data tho!

    r/eSIMs · Italy eSIM advice (URGENT)

    I downloaded the Airalo app, but I am having trouble figuring out whether the plans I'm looking at offer a new number and calls/texts. Any advice there? How did you find a Vodaphone plan that included calls/texts?

    Activation
  • Ixionbrewer 🇬🇧

    3 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Italy eSIM advice (URGENT)

    Airalo does not give a new number but texting is fine. it is just data. If you want a number google esim for italy with number.

    r/eSIMs · Italy eSIM advice (URGENT)

    I have used Airalo in the past. My wife still uses it without problems. I ended up getting a Vodaphone card, but I am there 6 months a year.

  • itenosred 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • fs202001100 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Recommendation for Esim for Spain and France

    If you're getting a LOCAL SIM / eSIM in Spain, it may very often, through "Roam-Like-At-Home EU regulation, may allow you to also roam in other EU countries, including Germany. You'd have to check that local offering. If you are obtaining a travel data eSIM, such as MobiMatter / Sparks, Airalo, and the like, you will see both country-specific and regional (Europe) offerings on offer. You choose which might be best for you. In your case, given you're going to more than one European country, a regional offer might serve you best, such as [https://mobimatter.com/esim-europe](https://mobimatter.com/esim-europe) Regarding [www.Roamless.com](http://www.Roamless.com) . It is a global eSIM, working in 180+ countries, as described above. But, as it is Europe-based, the rates ($2.45 USD / GB, with NO expiration) are quite competitive. Best wishes.

    Europe
  • Possible_Jellyfish62 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for multiple trips to Europe?

    Saw a lot of ppl saying to use Airalo. It’s okayyyy in Europe in my opinion. Personally I used Ubigi in Japan which had amazing connection and was disappointed with the connection levels of Airalo in Europe. May just be me but I probably won’t be using Airalo again.

    Europe
  • Dizzy_Inside_7444 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • cjindub 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • MaksymBilash 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo process

    Used Airalo many times in Asia and Turkey. Works reliable, easy to install the eSIM. Use the code MAKSYM5974 to get 3$ off your first plan purchase.

    ActivationAsie
  • snooze407 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM in Mexico

    For anyone reading this in the future with an iPhone, do not download and use the APN settings WIM provides on [their site](https://ayudawim.zendesk.com/hc/es-mx/articles/10432455669135--C%C3%B3mo-puedo-configurar-mi-APN-Acces-Point-Name-en-mi-dispositivo-IOS). This may be just a US thing, but it messed up my APN settings and I lost network service for my main eSim (Visible). I spent an hour getting everything reverted and re-adding my Visible eSim. I did get service activated eventually! What ended up working was getting a fresh eSim from WIM and manually entering [`web.5g.wim.mx`](http://web.5g.wim.mx) in all the APN fields under the eSims Cellular Data and leaving Username and Password blank. I also enables Data Roaming. It took me a solid 2 hours to get everything working but only cost $13 with some random referral code I found on reddit. Does that beat Airalo's $42 for 10GB, idk lol.

  • Little-Fan6820 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · MobiMatter eSIM isn’t worth it

    Why did you start your post with that first line? Literally go to airalo on trustpilot and see how many people complained their eSIMs don't work in wherever they traveled. The same holds true for EVERY eSIM company. The reason for an eSIM not working could be plenty - it could be network issue, it could be your settings... you starting the paragraph with a strange sentence shows you probably have a personal agenda here.

  • ADHDmania 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What esim should I use In the US?

    I was using both Ubigi and Airalo a week ago in London. To be honest, they are both disappointing, Airalo has better coverage, but in busy area they are both slow(such as Piccadilly circle), sometime I couldn't even use Google Maps. In my hotel, they are equally useless. I don't know if it's esim's fault or London inherently has bad cell phone network.

    Europe
  • West-Chance-3240 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • me-gustan-los-trenes 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here!

    The thing with Airalo is that it's more like a marketplace, via which operators can sell their eSIM services. The experience will be as good or as bad as the specific service. Of course Airalo could do more to weed out the bad one, but in practice they don't. I had a reasonable experience with Airalo in Morocco and a terrible experience in Greenland. The only eSIM available via Airalo in Greenland was from TIM (the Italian operator lol) and it barely worked at all. Which was not an issue with the local infrastructure, because a local sim card worked pretty well. And was cheaper. And legal, because I believe that Airalo/TIM violate the state monopoly on telco services.

  • pannenkoek0923 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • heyheni 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here!

    In Spain i was unable to install the esim and registering to the service. In Guyana i Installed the esim but got no internet despite setting the apn and roaming correctly. In Brazil the esim was advertised as 4G but only getting GPRS in the whole country. In all cases i had to spend more money to buy an esim from another travel esim provider. For me using airalo is as a frequent traveler is very frustrating. As there is no support and no refunds. So yeah while convenient i would advise against relying solely on Airalo. Because it let me down many times.

    ActivationEuropeRemboursement
    r/Europetravel · SIM Card Megathread - post your SIM questions here!

    Airalo does not work reliable. And if you're encounter a problem Airalo does not help you. Their support chatbot is there to turn you away. Just read the complaints on r/airalo I found on my travels around the world that korean MOGO iFree has consistently cheaper gigabyte rates and i've never had a problem with them. Unlike Airalo. https://www.ifreemogos.com iFREE MOGO - More on the go

    Remboursement
  • vignoniana 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ExaminationDry294 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • nanohead 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi fail in Asia, unfixable

    Hey, good suggestions here. I did all those things. I actually didn't successfully manually select any APN/Networks, because all I could see was Ubigi APNs. So I didn't have any choice ultimately and just set it back to auto select. I actually considered deleting/reinstalling the eSIM, but Ubigi sort of implies that you can't reactivate if you delete it. I've had decent luck occasionally with the Airplane mode trick, but not this time. Same with network reset. Nada. We are now in Cambodia, and I tried it yet again, and still dead. I purchased Airilo in Thailand and it works perfectly, and it also connected when we landed in Cambodia. I decided to try a test today, and toggled off Airilo and toggled on Ubigi, and it it was still dead. Yes, agreed too, the device (Pixel 7) doesn't have any actual tools to fiddle around other than some lame toggles. I'm traveling with family and I just don't have the motivation to do the technical work (engineer) that I usually would do to diagnose and fix.

    Asie
  • Huzimoo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · I'm going to Japan and I have no idea how eSims work, what do i need to do?

    I recently tried Airalo for the first time, and honestly, I don’t think I’ll ever travel without it again. It would work the same in Japan. Here’s how it works: You download an eSIM (digital SIM) straight to your phone, choose a data package for your destination, and boom—you’re online. No fiddling with physical SIM cards, no wasting time at kiosks, and no ridiculous fees. It’s especially great for trips where you’re visiting multiple countries because you can switch plans instantly. Why I’m recommending it: * Super easy to set up (even for tech dummies like me). * The pricing is really reasonable compared to international roaming. * It worked flawlessly for me across several countries—solid coverage and no dropped connections. I have a discount code for your first order. You can get £2.50 off. Just message me for the code!

    ActivationPas cher
  • microesim1 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi fail in Asia, unfixable

    It may be a coverage problem. Some esim providers cannot reach there, including Airalo. When I went to Malaysia, I found that Airalo would disconnect from time to time. I have used too many types of esim, and they all have a common problem, that is, if there is no coverage, the network will be disconnected, or the signal will lose connection. Recently I am using microesim, which is OK. The problem of disconnection has not occurred yet. I don’t know if it will be disconnected in the future. Next, I plan to go to Southeast Asia.

    Asie
  • mms202020 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Successful-Spite2598 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • olipelly 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • what_fun_life_was 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM recommendation for Malaysia

    Thanks! Any specifics on the problems with Airalo in Malaysia? Two Malaysian telecom companies merged and last I read, Airalo did not update the profile settings. This resulted in zero connectivity for users. Wondering if your connection was spotty, or was completely dead?

    Asie
  • zicwit28 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM recommendation for Malaysia

    Depends on where you're going for your SEA trip, I did a trip to Vietnam Thailand and Malaysia in November and had 2 phones, 1 was on Jetpac and the other was on Airalo. Jetpac's service was generally okay with a little connectivity issues in Hanoi, but other than that was smooth & not expensive. Airalo I did have some issues in Malaysia, other areas were fine too.

    Asie
  • kostac600 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Longjumping_Court516 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Good and reliable global esim?

    I've tested pretty much every global esim provider in the last year, airalo's issues are unfortunately common with resellers - they're basically buying wholesale data and repackaging it, which means you're often getting lowest-priority access on partner networks. for data-only global coverage in 2024, here's the current landscape: willow's international data plan ([https://willow.international/](https://willow.international/)) runs $68/month for unlimited data with guaranteed QoS (Quality of Service) agreements. they've negotiated direct carrier partnerships which means you get the same network priority as local users. crucial difference from resellers - when networks get congested, you don't get deprioritized. popcorn ([https://www.popcorn.space/](https://www.popcorn.space/)) offers similar service at $68/month with 15GB high-speed then throttled. their network switching algorithm is particularly good at maintaining LTE connections since they actively monitor signal quality and switch carriers before drops occur. been testing firsty's ([https://www.firsty.app/](https://www.firsty.app/)) beta at $45/month but their coverage is still inconsistent. they're using a hybrid satellite/cellular approach which shows promise but needs refinement. key technical difference with these providers vs airalo: they maintain their own network agreements and core routing infrastructure rather than just reselling data. means better reliability, consistent LTE, and actual support when things go wrong. edit: if you're mainly in europe, check each provider's specific carrier agreements there. some have better coverage in certain regions due to different partnership arrangements.

  • dox- 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Skycbs 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • NigelCrisp66 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Europe

    We're heading off early 2025 for 3 weeks, so I've been doing my research. For Europe, Saily has no eSIMS between 10 GB & 50 GB, so I'm leaning towards Nomad with their 20 GB plan. I should add Nomad's Help Desk is brilliant and answered my queries about country coverage on Island Dependencies for some nations. Airalo was the exact opposite, and they appear to rely on FAQs, an Online Help Center & Blog for their idea of support, and after 15 minutes I could see no option to ask a human being, so gave up ! I'm afraid Jetpack, I haven't looked at.

    Europe
  • urioru 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Recommend esim for USA mexico?

    Does the mobile phone need to be from Mexico or USA? Can this ESIM be installed on a European phone, for example? It would be a better offer than Airalo and others...

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Laurence8253NEO 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Abu Dhabi

    Airalo is now banned in the UAE unless you can verify yourself on the app. I use Airalo all over the world but cannot get it working in the UAE now

    ActivationAsie
  • PlaneFine9375 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • _belowthestarlitsky_ 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best ESIM for Zambia (livingstone)

    Airalo is my suggestion. E-sim with very reasonable prices and works great. Their website is easy and self explanatory. I just used their service for two weeks in Asia.

    AsiePas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • Realistic-Chance3064 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Are any network providers on esimdb dodgy?

    I tested many esim provider like airalo, mobimatter, nomad but back then they all had the same problem with getting a new eSIM with getting eSIMs for different countries. I haded it to install a new eSIM. Then I found Esimatic where I can keep my eSIM and charge many data plans with different options on, such as Unlimited (with usage policy). almost a year now that I'm only using Esimatic. The price is cheaper than airalo, they allow to connect to multiple networks. the ping is optimizes regionally what I can say so far in Thailand and USA.

    Activation
  • toothless__dragon 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · How much GB do I need for a 30 day trip to europe

    It's really difficult to answer what you might need since "normal" use varies so much from person to person. I'm probably below average around 3GB/month these days, and there are also people hitting 50GB/month and more. Most are probably somewhere in between. Best indication is to get your actual usage numbers from your carrier or your phone for the last couple months. Then maybe add some margin for traveling since you may spend more time away from WiFi, depending. Also you don't have to buy all the data upfront, you can just start with less and buy more while you're there if needed. But also the price per GB gets lower with bigger packages of course, so having a reasonable ballpark of your normal use gives you a good starting point. I've used data only eSIMs from esim4travel.com (quite cheap, not the highest performance but great value for the price), Saily which is kinda in the middle though I didn't find it enough of a step up from the cheaper ones, and Airalo which is most expensive (still reasonable though, _much_ cheaper than the $10/GB I would pay on the Google Fi flexible plan I'm on) but also most reliable and best performance so far, so worth the extra cost imho. It may depend on where you're traveling also of course. You can buy these before you leave, for your target destination, and activate when you arrive (which starts the clock for their validity period). There are sites also comparing tons of these offerings like esimdb.com.

    Pas cherRapport qualité-prix
  • helpafriend98 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Holafly, Airalo and others

    (1) Had no safety issues. Worked good for me for trip in two countries. You get $3 if you use a referral code to sign up Referral Code: AMRITA6750 (2) There is an option to select which cellular data you want to turn on. If you have your primary eSIM off u might not recieve message on the eSIM. But u can still receive watsapp message (Wifi operated systems). If u receive phone calls then I assume that would go under roaming as Airalo sims are only for WiFi. Best to contact them and confirm it directly Settings > Cellular Data> eSIMs tab.

  • LuckySpray389 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Saily is just one big scam.

    Worked fine for me in Barbados in September but moved to Bangladesh and it is as slow as hell. My corporate SIM on same network is quick. Then the packages, they used to have like 10Gb packages  now it is only 1Gb. I would go back to Airalo if it wasn't for the telecom co relationships between each other. They stated it works on network A, but it doesn't, what a waste. Oversubscribed 

  • redditnewbie6910 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Does Nomad eSim need VPN in China?

    i know flexiroam and eskimo do not. redbull technically doesnt either, but redbull is very unstable. those are the ones i used. from what i read tho, airalo's china package shouldnt either. but if u do decide to use vpn, i recommend letsvpn. feel free to pm me for referal

    Asie
  • NWSanta 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · What is 1 day on an eSIM?

    When I've purchased them both from Airalo and Gigsky it's 24 hours from time of purchase. They simply stop working at that point.

  • alba_1888 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · what app is this

    100% Airalo, one of the best that won't force you to install an app, you can buy from the website and use the QR code.

    Activation
  • ryanl815 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim for Thailand

    I was in Thailand for a month (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Krabi, Koh Phi Phi) and Airalo worked perfectly. $10 for 50GB will be more than enough for your trip. I’ll PM you

    Asie
  • guesswhochickenpoo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Dominican Republic with texting?

    Thanks. Will look at Airalo again. Did not see a text plan when I looked. Local SIM probably not available where I am (all inclusive with no way to get an elsewhere) and my budget carrier does not support DR for roaming. Just US and Canada.

  • dbtl87 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Edilon19x 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Holafly, Airalo and others

    I have been using Airalo (Malaysia, Bali, Brazil and Singapore), Hola fly (Hong Kong) and Ubigi (Japan and my wife for Brazil and East Asia) and all of them do they are working fine. Main differences : 1. Holafly offers unlimited data 2. Airalo : You have to install a new sim card all the time so it can be annoying. 3. Ubigi is well less known but it does the job good despite a limited UI So now when I travel I mainly decide based on my data amount need and the price to pay. Hope it helps!

    ActivationAsie
  • luix93 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • b_v_mycophile 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Ubigi eSIM super slow suddenly (Japan)

    Same happened to me, screwed me over in the middle of Tokyo. I've bought 3gb of data with airalo to have as a backup throughout my trip. Airalo is working perfectly right now

    Japon
  • chachava-chark 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • hyperspectrum007 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • shtayeh 🇬🇧

    8 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSim recommendations for the DR

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling . It work perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code FIRAS9743 when you sign up or check out [https://ref.airalo.com/241e](https://ref.airalo.com/241e)

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for UK and Germany travel

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling . It work perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code FIRAS9743 when you sign up or check out [https://ref.airalo.com/241e](https://ref.airalo.com/241e)

    r/eSIMs · Looking for global esim for Asian countries

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling . It work perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code FIRAS9743 when you sign up or check out [https://ref.airalo.com/241e](https://ref.airalo.com/241e)

    r/eSIMs · eSIM Recomendations

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling , it has fast internet and worked perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code FIRAS9743 when you sign up or check out [https://ref.airalo.com/241e](https://ref.airalo.com/241e)

    r/eSIMs · Good and reliable global esim?

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling , it has fast internet and worked perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code FIRAS9743 when you sign up or check out [https://ref.airalo.com/241e](https://ref.airalo.com/241e)

    r/eSIMs · Best eSim for Japan & Hong Kong?

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling , it has fast internet and worked perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code FIRAS9743 when you sign up or check out [https://ref.airalo.com/241e](https://ref.airalo.com/241e)

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM compatible with most countries?

    I used Airalo on many countries while traveling , it has fast internet and worked perfectly . You can get USD $3.00 off your first eSIM package from Airalo. Use code FIRAS9743 when you sign up or check out [https://ref.airalo.com/241e](https://ref.airalo.com/241e)

  • Last_Carpenter_5546 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo esim ! Is it a good option and how does it work exactly? First timer here thank you

    Hey! I just used Airalo for the first time in France and Switzerland. Worked like a charm. I have an iPhone and I’d toggle between the Switzerland and France eSIM easily (we were taking day trips into France and staying in Geneva as our base) by going to settings > cellular and I’d just choose the eSIM I want to turn on. Feel free to use my referral code for $3 off! Thanks in advance and safe travels everyone ❤️ Referral code: TERESA9490

    ActivationEurope
  • dudutra 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for UK- rural Scotland

    For solid rural coverage in Scotland, especially around the Shetland islands, I’d go with an eSIM that can connect to Vodafone. I traveled through the Highlands and around Inverness with TooSim, using a 10GB plan for about $17, and it connected to Vodafone automatically in areas where other networks struggled. Before that, I tried Airalo, which defaulted to O2—worked fine in the cities but dropped in more remote spots. If you’re planning on being in rural areas, TooSim or another provider with access to Vodafone would probably be your best bet for keeping a solid connection.

    Europe
  • _carterber 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · France, Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, Belgium and Ireland

    For reliable coverage across multiple countries, a Europe-wide eSIM is your best bet. I used a TooSim eSIM with 10GB for $17 across the EU and had solid coverage in cities and rural areas alike. Worked fine for me in places like Italy, France, and Spain, without switching plans or worrying about local providers. Another option is Airalo, but I found TooSim simpler, especially for longer stays.

    Europe
  • BuffaloHot911 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim for India travelling from Australia

    Personally I don’t see a need to buy an Indian SIM card on arrival. If the main purpose is to be able to keep contact with your son in case you get separated, then an eSIM with Data only should suffice & using say, WhatsApp. You both can retain your own home local sims (for calls / texts) with Data Roaming disabled to avoid triggering roaming charges. For me when overseas, my home sim then is there for real emergencies only. You can download an eSIM for your son & yourself a couple of days before you fly out and activate it once in India. Jetpac is ok and could be cheaper than Airalo. Do your own research as to plans available but also check that your mobile phones are eSIM compatible.

    Asie
  • 98746145315 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Revision of earlier post: Need eSIM with specifications, was burned by Airalo like so many others.

    Thank you for continuing to give great thorough info. Unfortunately, it is still beyond me since my capacity to understand is pay for service, get service. I just want to be able to use my 10gb per month for data that I paid for, for the $19 that Tello agreed to, without having to think about additional roaming costs or other nuances. Maybe Tello's customer service rep will clarify what I seem to misunderstand. To be honest, I was just hoping for someone to point me to the one single eSIM that fits my criteria, without having to evaluate on my own. In the post itself, I mentioned how Airalo's SMS limit is unrealistic; I have at least five 2FA SMS requirements daily, and the "best" plan at Airalo with the data that I wanted was limited to 50 SMS per two months period. Airalo is out.

  • peggysuedog 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • foosion 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Craig9261 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • utilitycoder 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Fragrant_Savings_626 🇬🇧🌐

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best Esim for Korea and Taiwan

    You can get one from Airalo (18 countries included - 30 days for £30), but more GB for same price you could get if you buy separate for each country one on days amount needed. Below some plans in each country from [eflysim.com](http://eflysim.com) : Japan plans: 15 days - £11.94 Taiwan plans: 15 days - £11.20

    AsieJaponRapport qualité-prix
  • beastiedan 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · mobimatter USA

    I liked the value of my sparks/mobimatter esim in California. It slowed down at times and data was routed through poland as mentioned, but it's half the price of Airalo. PXNYJ64006 if you need a referral code for $5 in credits on your first purchase.

  • RepresentativeSale96 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · E-sim for travel in USA - Airalo? Sparks? Nomad? Pls Help.

    Sorry for the late reply! I ended up using Tello which was $25/month unlimited talk & text. There are cheaper plans if you do not require unlimited. Reception and data was good overall. My boyfriend used Airalo (10GB,15 Days/$23) and the connection was better. In the National Parks, I think it gets spotty regardlsss of which carrier you’re with though.

  • bj2001holt 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Upstairs_Analysis_ 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Working-Departure643 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Airalo

    I do not recommend airalo at all. Their customer support is terrible, they are not helpful at all and have no clue how to treat a customer..go for someone else if you can.

  • mozzarellax 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM compatible with most countries?

    Hiii I recently travelled to Spain, France, and the Netherlands and used MobiMatter. It worked pretty perfectly and when I had to top-up, I didn't have to install a new e-sim--it just automatically topped up. They have diff packages worldwide and the rates are lower than Airalo and Holafly (which is mainly why I chose it as well). Signal was good in each country. Anyway I promise this is a genuine review, use my code if u want: KYLA.57117

  • GururuTravel 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Staff Traveler eSIM - Another eSIM I Stumbled On

    You think? The aesthetic does look the same, I’ve never used airalo. I compared the prices of Mexico and cosmofon is cheaper so maybe just for some plans they resell? But not all 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m curious about staff t

  • per08 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best esims for Thailand

    The dtac tourist eSim. It's a real local carrier SIM, and it can even be recharged or extended with the dtac Thailand app, should you need to. Many esim apps carry it, and I bought mine through Airalo.

    ActivationAsie
  • Due-Cardiologist-711 🇬🇧

    10 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · eSIM very unstable connection

    Airlo is fantastic, I've been all through Europe, Canada, USA and Mexico the past couple of years and have never had an issue. Super simple to use and very quick data. Highly recommended.  To save $3.00 on your first eSIM data pack use my referral code DAVE7549     https://ref.airalo.com/FnF4

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · 2024 Free Trial eSIMs Thread

    Airlo is fantastic, I've been all through Europe, Canada, USA and Mexico the past couple of years and have never had an issue. Super simple to use and very quick data. Highly recommended.  To save $3.00 on your first eSIM data pack use my referral code DAVE7549     https://ref.airalo.com/FnF4

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Prepaid / Travel / International eSIM : Submit Your Network Tests

    Airlo is fantastic, I've been all through Europe, Canada, USA and Mexico the past couple of years and have never had an issue. Super simple to use and very quick data. Highly recommended.  To save $3.00 on your first eSIM data pack use my referral code DAVE7549     https://ref.airalo.com/FnF4

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · eSIM in Canada

    Airlo is fantastic, I've been all through Europe, Canada, USA and Mexico the past couple of years and have never had an issue. Super simple to use and very quick data. Highly recommended.  To save $3.00 on your first eSIM data pack use my referral code DAVE7549     https://ref.airalo.com/FnF4

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · eSim recommendation for dummies (a.k.a. Me)

    Airlo is fantastic, I've been all through Europe, Canada, USA and Mexico the past couple of years and have never had an issue. Super simple to use and very quick data. Highly recommended. To save $3.00 on your first eSIM data pack use my referral code DAVE7549     https://ref.airalo.com/FnF4

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
    r/eSIMs · which esim do you prefer?

    Airlo is fantastic, I've been all through Europe, Canada, USA and Mexico the past couple of years and have never had an issue. Super simple to use and very quick data. Highly recommended.  To save $3.00 on your first eSIM data pack use my referral code DAVE7549     https://ref.airalo.com/FnF4

    EuropeÉtats-Unis
  • YourFavouriteKal 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · I am travelling to Europe for 38 days. What is the best E-Sim?

    My first country is the United Kingdom. I just had a look at Airalo, and the UK and Europe is covered for 150 AUD with 50gb of data. My trip all up is 50 days long so it comes out to be around 3 dollars a day. I'm guessing local SIM plans wouldn't be as cheap as that? It's 5 AUD roaming for me in Australia.

    EuropePas cher
  • a0158 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Wolf35Nine 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · GoMoWorld vs MobiMatter for New Zealand?

    Most of the eSIM companies are resellers, though. Airalo, Nomad, Jetpac, etc., are all resellers. And people use them successfully all the time. Here in the US I use "Metro by TMobile" as my mobile carrier, which is really just a value reseller of TMobile. I feel ok with resellers.

  • Greek_Arrow 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • panomotion5 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Miami visit - Best eSim? How to use?

    A few of the options, a lot of people like to compare with the info they receive. Personally I find Airalo to expensive and overrated, but lot’s of people like it.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • BigPoppaBK85 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Miami visit - Best eSim? How to use?

    Airalo and other apps do have way more sales for their US specific SIM cards then for other countries the free trials mentioned are also good but again require the set up of addresses etc. if you’re tech savvy it’s all good but if you’re not a quick esim might be the best solution.

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Miami visit - Best eSim? How to use?

    Hello, i live in US, wife and in laws are British. When my in-laws come to visit they use Airalo. It's very reliable and you can buy a data only plan and call your daughter via WhatsApp or facetime etc. If you want a data and voice plan they have those too but a little more expensive. You can download the sim card to your phone immediately. Once you're on the plan mKe sure you turn on the esim, set as main plan for data and or voice calls and turn roaming on. Once you land and out of airplane mode it should work immediately. If not restart your phone and give it a few minutes to sort itself out.

    ActivationÉtats-Unis
  • Evc90 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo esim ! Is it a good option and how does it work exactly? First timer here thank you

    I found airalo to be very convenient. I read a lot of reviews that it burns through your data too fast but I did not find that to be the case. That said, because I was kinda paranoid about this issue, I only used data to navigate directions and communicate with my group on WhatsApp, check emails occasionally. No social media. I had wifi overnight at Airbnb/hotel and while at airport/trains. I had my phone on low power mode at all other times. We spent 7 days in France. I bought 5gb and only used 1.15 gb. I downloaded the app before leaving. You can buy your plan before leaving as well. I activated it while in the customs line upon arrival. 

    ActivationEurope
  • fuzzywonderdog 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Returned from travel and now my iPhone can’t receive calls or send SMS messages

    Thanks, when I landed in the US, I turned the Airalo eSIM off, and my primary eSIM on, but your comment about the phone number may have contributed to (or even caused?) the issue. I don’t really know. When I set up the Airalo eSIM, I filled out the My Number part. I guess I wasn’t supposed to do that …but hell how would I know? Maybe I confused things by doing that? Would love context if you have it. If that causes problems, it must happen all the time with newbies like me to the eSIM world.🤷‍♀️ Cricket set me up with a new eSIM and that did the trick.

    Activation
  • Complicated-Fox-1976 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM Gaza

    I tried Airalo but it would only get 3G. I asked customer service and they said only 3G was available. But now I can’t remember if I bought one for Palestine or Israel. I think the key is to buy the one for Israel. That may have been where I went wrong. The Maya one seems to be working although I haven’t seem him today to make sure everything was working ok since yesterday.

    AsieRemboursement
  • 0439932r 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM Gaza

    I used Airalo, there’s no 4G. It just shows as LTE but it’s more than enough. I tried Maya mobile but it wouldn’t load anything, so I got in contact with their customer service and got a refund immediately, then got Airalo and it worked perfectly

  • rjdigz 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • WorldTraveller79 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Do not use Airhub eSIM

    Use Airalo or Ubigi. Ubigi has a very good coverage and speed in Asia, especially Japan and South Korea. I use Airalo in Europe and some part of Asia too. Airalo and Ubigi are reputable companies.

    AsieEurope
  • 2dsafgkhjds 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · esims that are known to work and not work by cities and countries

    I absolutely did activate and turn on the profile under mobile settings in Iphone. Saw the two network bars stacked on top each other at the top of iphone screen. Even saw the different providers available for each esim and select each and every one of them in turn, and still no go. Only airalo esim worked briefly and maybe intermittently and even when it worked, it's slow as hell.

  • Suspicious_Mouse_650 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Travelling to Europe for 12 days, need help deciding on an esim

    I've tested many options and ended up sticking with Saily for my past trips and I'm super happy with that First, with a single installed eSIM you can just buy new plans, top up and there's no further setup on your phone, once installed the eSIM works out of the box anywhere in the globe (with Airalo you need to manage them individually per package you buy, I ended up with a long list of unused esims on my device) Also speed and reliability, worked really well even in China (bypassing their firewall btw) I'm super happy with it and for my next trip I just need to buy the package and activate the eSIM when I land and success Btw if you want a discount in your booking you can use this code THIAGO5695

    Activation
  • MADoctor10 🇬🇧

    4 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · E-sim questions (Europe-Morocco)

    Whatever you do, DO NOT GET AIRALO - recent experience from Sept 2026 Suddenly stopped working even in central Paris. All of their AI troubleshooting suggestions didn’t work. What’s worse is that I tried getting a refund. They showed me logs that there was continuous usage. Even on hours when I was connected to the hotel wifi or to a different roaming plan which I got as back up, their logs showed that I was using! WHAT A SCAM.

    EuropeRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Europe eSIM?

    Whatever you do, DO NOT GET AIRALO - recent experience from Sept 2026 Suddenly stopped working even in central Paris. All of their AI troubleshooting suggestions didn’t work. What’s worse is that I tried getting a refund. They showed me logs that there was continuous usage. Even on hours when I was connected to the hotel wifi or to a different roaming plan which I got as back up, their logs showed that I was using! WHAT A SCAM.

    EuropeRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Esim choice help

    Do yourselves a favor and DO NOT GET AIRALO - recent experience from Sept 2026 Suddenly stopped working even in central Paris. All of their AI troubleshooting suggestions didn’t work. What’s worse is that I tried getting a refund. They showed me logs that there was continuous usage. Even on hours when I was connected to the hotel wifi or to a different roaming plan which I got as back up, their logs showed that I was using! WHAT A SCAM. Just get a sim directly from the provider instead Airalo. Never had problems with that, should’ve just stuck to that.

    EuropeRemboursement
    r/eSIMs · Flying out to Europe tomorrow - overwhelmed by esim choices.

    I know this is an old thread but to help readers: Do yourselves a favor and DO NOT GET AIRALO - recent experience from Sept 2026 It suddenly stopped working for me initially at Saint-Denis, then in Normandy, then even in central Paris on the last few days! No it wasn’t an issue with my settings because I got a backup data roaming plan after Airalo suddenly acted up the first time and that worked perfectly in the areas/times Airalo wasn’t. So problem was really Airalo. What’s worse is that I tried getting a refund. They showed me logs that there was continuous usage. Even on hours when I was connected to the hotel wifi or to a different roaming plan which I got as back up, their logs showed that I was using! WHAT A SCAM. Just get a sim directly from the provider instead of an aggregator-like app like Airalo. Never had problems with that, should’ve just stuck to that.

    EuropeRemboursement
  • T0mmykn1fe 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Holafly scam

    **Holafly was awful compared with Airalo, don’t believe the hype** I can honestly say that, based on the constant plugging from Harry Jaggard and all the Trustpilot/Play Store reviews, I genuinely thought Holafly was going to beat Airalo. It didn’t. Not even close. I’ve used Airalo in 10+ countries without a single issue, so I decided to give Holafly a try. I used them in **Georgia and Dubai**, and on both trips I experienced constant throttling, frequent dropouts and unreliable tethering to my laptop. This was particularly frustrating because I was travelling for business and actually needed a reliable connection. Customer service was another nightmare. I spent **over an hour chatting to what I genuinely thought was a human**, only to eventually discover it was a bot. Then, after all that, they offered me just **€12.71 back on a €23 eSIM** that I only used for one day and which was advertised as “unlimited”. And somehow they also deducted an **administrative fee for processing the refund**. Honestly, the whole experience was ridiculous. Maybe Holafly works perfectly for some people, but based on my experience in Georgia and Dubai, I wouldn’t touch it again. **Airalo has been flawless for me across 10+ countries. I’ll be sticking with them.**

  • Fun-Thought-5515 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/JapanTravelTips · First time in Japan, completely lost on which eSIM to pick?

    Just departing Tokyo now. Airalo was faultless for me - we went to Matsumoto Kamikochi Kyoto and Shimanami kaido - no issues always had signal and fast speeds. My partner used Ubigi and it wasn’t as good - dropped out quite a bit when in Kyoto and Matsumoto as well as Ominichi. Ubigi was fine for Tokyo. tldr : Airalo great 👍

    Japon
  • EarlyReputation1007 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Best ESim

    I’ve been using **Airalo’s Global eSIM package** while traveling through **Turkey and Thailand**, and I absolutely love it! The connection has been reliable, and it’s so convenient to have mobile data as soon as I arrive in a new country without having to buy or switch physical SIM cards. Setup was easy, and everything has worked smoothly for me. I also purchased an **Airalo eSIM for my daughter**, who is traveling around Thailand, including visiting several islands, so having reliable mobile data while moving between different areas has been very convenient for her as well. I’ll definitely use Airalo again for future international trips. **Highly recommend it! ⭐️⭐️⭐**️⭐️⭐️ **Want to save $3?** If you’re new to Airalo, you can use my referral code **TATYAN0230** to get **$3 off your first eSIM purchase.**

    Asie
    r/eSIMs · What eSIM do you recommend?

    I’ve been using **Airalo’s Global eSIM package** while traveling through **Turkey and Thailand**, and I absolutely love it! The connection has been reliable, and it’s been so convenient to have mobile data as soon as I arrive in a new country without having to buy and switch physical SIM cards. Setup was easy, and everything has worked smoothly for me. I’ll definitely use Airalo again for future international trips. Highly recommend it! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ TATYAN0230 (**If you’d like to try Airalo, you can use my referral code TATYAN0230 to get $3 off your first eSIM purchase.)**

    ActivationAsie
  • Top-Tap-1281 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What eSIM do you recommend?

    If you like big brands like Holafly or Airalo, it could def do the work, but more pricey. Try Nimvoy, I used it last time in UK, they are more affordable but also good quality if that is what you are looking for.

  • BBBDDDVVV 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ConferenceKindly8991 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · How does an eSIM work when trying to avoid crazy carrier roaming fees?

    Depending on what country your going, it can be a lot cheaper to buy it once you're there. For example, in Spain, you can buy 100 GB ofdata and get a phone number as cheaply as 10 euros for 28 days. Some with less data are even cheaper. Many online vendors won't give you a number, just data, and they charge you an arm an a leg. In Spain, local esim vendors will give you phone numbers with unlimited local calls and some 500 minutes of international calls. Also check if your phone is compatible with Esim. Later iphone models are, but not all Samsungs are compatible with the esim technology, even if only a couple years old. Personally, I would never buy from Holafly or airalo, they are targetting North American customers who think they are getting a great deal compared to what they pay at home. I would check what the local price from local companies is. They are just as good but for a fraction of the price. You can also check with your provider if they have a monthly for out of country calls and texts. In Canada, a few already do, they can charge you an extra 15$ /month. I don't know if you can keep your regular number active at the same time, but you can switch. Roaming charges might be incurred. You can also check if your cell provider has wifi calling. Also, with data, you can get whatsapp to connect with people at home, as long as your friends have the app. You can get texts form your friends with data or a hotel wifi connection. Whatsapp is very popular outside of North America.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • WildNight00 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • fk067 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Fun-Block-5381 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM for Central America

    I will agree with people who say to get local sims, you’ll pay a lot more for an e sim and in my experience you had to purchase separate e sims for each country anyways. If money isn’t a concern then I second Airalo.

  • serhii_sp 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for 14-day Peru trip? (Lima → Paracas → Cusco → Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu)

    Great itinerary! For the Sacred Valley and Aguas Calientes, coverage is usually solid with the main networks (Claro/Movistar), though it can be spotty on the train ride itself. regarding data vs voice: Data-only is 100% fine. Everyone in Peru uses WhatsApp for bookings and communication. I used ViaConecta on my trip recently because their rates were better than Airalo for LatAm. Coverage was reliable even in Cusco

  • or9ob 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Roamless Flex over Airalo for me

    I like the convenience of Roamless too. But recently on a trip to India - the coverage - even in major cities - was very spotty. I have tried Airalo before and it had worked much better.

    Asie
  • Even-Sheepherder7073 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Recommended eSIM for the US?

    Airalo works fantastic. I tried it in Europe, Asia, Canada and US and it works perfectly fine. If ever you need a small discount, feel free to use my referral code : GREGOR6185

    AsieEuropeÉtats-Unis
  • kautostar1 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • MochiMistresss 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Recommendation for UK/France?

    An eSIM is easiest for this. You can activate it before you leave and it works in both the UK and France. Look for a Europe-wide plan so you do not switch anything when you cross the border. Maaltalk or Airalo both have these. Just scan the QR code, turn on data roaming, and you're good. Use Wi-Fi for FaceTime calls to save data.

    ActivationEurope
  • leetph 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Japan eSIM

    I’ve used both Airalo and Ubigi and I’ve traveled all around Japan from Hokkaido all the way down to Kumamoto. I found that Airalo connects in major cities but struggles a lot in the more rural areas. At one point I had no connection. I had no issues with Ubigi though. Everything connected just fine and even though rural areas might’ve not been as speedy as the cities it still worked without issues. I would recommend Ubigi for peace of mind over Airalo. That’s just my experience. If you want 20% your first order, I have a ref code you can use! MRLJHC21 😁

    Japon
  • PeachKpop 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best way to get a e-sim in Argentina

    I just came back from Argentina last month and went through the same search — Airalo and Holafly both work fine, but honestly, they’re not the most budget-friendly. The connection quality was okay, but I felt like I was overpaying for data that I didn’t fully use. I ended up switching to Superalink after someone in another travel subreddit mentioned it, and it turned out to be a great find. It’s cheaper than both Airalo and Holafly, and I got unlimited data that actually stayed stable the whole time. The activation took literally two minutes — just scanned the QR code before my flight, and it was connected when I landed in Buenos Aires. Coverage was solid not just in the city but also when I traveled around Mendoza and Patagonia. I used Google Maps, WhatsApp, and Instagram daily without any issues. The only small thing I noticed was that the speed dipped a bit in remote mountain areas, but nothing major — still faster than the hotel Wi-Fi half the time. If you’re looking for something affordable and dependable, Superalink is definitely worth checking out. It ended up being about half the price I was quoted for roaming with Claro, and I never had to swap SIMs or restart my phone. For iPhones like yours, setup is super easy.

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Striking_Classic_259 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Airalo vs Holafly

    I’ve tried both on different trips, and they each have pros and cons. Airalo worked fine for me in Japan, but the data packages had limits so I had to top up mid-trip. Holafly’s unlimited plan sounded great, but I noticed the speed slowed a bit after heavy use. Some students I met used SimCorner instead since you can buy regional eSIMs that work across multiple countries like Japan and the Philippines, which saves you from switching plans. If you’re online a lot, check the fine print on “unlimited” so you don’t get throttled halfway through your trip.

    Japon
  • rt_three 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • arnug 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best eSIM for Egypt (11 days) — Holafly vs Yesim vs Nomad?

    I have used Airalo in so many countries, and it works perfectly. I have helped everyone in my family use Airalo. We've never had problems with it and, although I haven't tried it in Egypt, so far we've had good experiences in: \- Morocco \- South Africa \- China (twice, and the good thing is it comes with a VPN, so you don't need to pay extra in case you want to connect to Google and Microsoft services) \- Portugal \- Spain \- Germany \- Sweden \- UK \- USA \- Brazil I'm currently using it in the USA since June and all I need to do is top up when it expires. It immediately goes back online. Usually I use around 3,5Gb every 30 days, because I have wifi in houses and hotels and keep most of my social network navigation for when I'm on a wifi, but if I'm away I don't need to avoid posting the occasional picture or video, or messaging/facetiming anyone whenever I need to or want to. If you're trying it for the first time, you can use this non-expiring code to get US$ 3 off on your first purchase: ANA9602

    AsieEuropeÉtats-Unis
  • Emotional-Solid5979 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Avoid Holafly eSIMs, regret not reading the previous Reddits

    Honestly I've used holafly and I was regretting on this same issue, and then I search for more e sims and I found almost all e sims are in the same bathtub, then by taking chance I took airhub (most affordable) and honestly this sim in real working is way better then airalo and holafly although there were many negative threads about this as well.

  • finsfan69 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • EpikLightBulb 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best esim for spain?

    I was just looking through this sub and it seemed like those ones came up repeatedly for being reliable... also i looked through some tiktoks of people saying those worked for them... ive seen a lot of ppl say that others have not worked like airalo so i just want one thats works

  • nachodoctor85 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Best long term eSIM?

    I used Airalo for 2 months in Germany. I know that’s not as long as you’ll need it, but if I go back for 6 months I’d definitely use it again (if I don’t need a local number).

    Europe
  • korbs781 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM mistake

    Elaboration: Tello: Tello's eSIMs include international calling to 60+ countries at no extra cost.  Holafly: Holafly offers unlimited data and international calling plans for various destinations.  WorldSIM: WorldSIM's International eSIM Pro provides 4G/5G data, calls, and SMS in 150+ countries, with free incoming calls in 85+ countries and optional USA numbers.  Airalo: Airalo offers global eSIM packages that include calls and texts, and they also have single-country plans for 7 to 30 days.  Nomad: Nomad offers various data plans in 200+ destinations, and you can add data add-ons as needed.  travSIM: travSIM offers optional international calling plans for their US eSIMs.  SimCorner: SimCorner offers Europe eSIM plans with unlimited talk time.  Esimatic: Esimatic offers a global eSIM that works in 60+ countries. 

  • Beljoriafjord 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • EllaChinoise 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIMs that give you a phone number

    aloSim is also selling eSim data plans with a US or Canadian number. You can check out the details: [https://alosim.com/free-phone-number-international-travel/](https://alosim.com/free-phone-number-international-travel/) I am traveling internationally soon. I looked for eSims with a number just in case of emergency as well. After some research, I have chosen two eSims: one from Airalo (global / validity 1 year) and the other from AloSim (region specific / validity 3 months). In my opinion, (By the way, I have a Pixel 8) Airalo eSim installation is easy and straight forward. I can see the usage on the dashboard. In total I can use the numbers to make international calls (landline/cellphone) for around 50 minutes. I tested it and the voice quality is good. I haven't installed the aloSim yet. But from my understanding, the number with the aloSim is a Hushed app number. I need to install the Hushed app first to claim my number. I think, the number has a small amount of free credits for international calls. I haven't used Hushed before. And I don't know whether a Hushed number can be good at making international calls or not (not sure how to add call credits). Technically, I don't need two numbers but...I am among those "just in case" folks. I guess, you need to decide how much you are willing to invest to feel more secured in case of emergency. I got both eSim this month (April,2025). If you are interested (or anyone is interested) in making a purchase from Airalo or aloSim, my referral codes are below: aloSim:  **PXGYJRJ** ($3 on your first data purchase with aloSim**)** Airalo:  **WINIFR5246** ($4.50 off your first purchase with Airalo)

    Activation
  • Material-Confusion68 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Potential-Airport-38 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · What's the deal with Airalo?

    Airalo, at least in my hands, (iPhone 13) is useless. I have used it a couple of years ago no issue, and last year in France no issue, but last three times I used it it in the US is spotty and unreliable this is Seattle, (not somewhere you want to be wondering about at night with no access to navigation), Boston and now Chicago. I complained in the past and got like a couple of dollars back no data connection in Seattle, but who cares about a few $. It is highly inconvenient and dangerous not to have any means of communication. It is maybe OK if you dont care. I have been here 2 days and managed to use 21Mb of 1 gig, just a pain in the neck, had to pay for roaming many times just to do basic things like find addresses. Switched to Tello, for not much more that the cheapest Airalo I have an actual US number, minutes to call, and more data, At least Tello checks your location and tells you if it will work where you are BEFORE you pay, As for security of CC info had no issues peronally.

    EuropeRapport qualité-prixRemboursementÉtats-Unis
  • sgt21 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • glizzygobbler59 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · E-SIM for 4 days in the UK?

    I just used Airalo because I wasn't sure if some of the others were legit. It definitely wasn't the best value, but for this short of a trip it was only the difference of a few dollars. Also, it said it came with limited calling/texting, but only one of my messages ever actually got sent. Although, I realized you really only need a plan with data, because you can just call/text people on whatsapp

    Rapport qualité-prix
  • Jmannn27 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · cheap eSIM Egypt

    Used Airalo - had fantastic coverage, I got their unlimited data eSIM plan, gives you 3GB full stream then will throttle alittle due to their fair usage policy. highly recommend anyone travelling. Here is my code to save you $5 on your initial sign up. JULIAN4019 Enjoy :)

    Illimité
    r/eSIMs · Egypt eSim

    Used Airalo - I had fantastic coverage, highly recommend anyone travelling. Here is my code to save you $5 on your initial sign up. JULIAN4019 Enjoy :)

  • chodeng_life64 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is jetpac a scam?

    i just purchased for this weekend for my wife for her New York trip...got there, has NO f'ing service, leaving her there with no way to get around..............stay away from this POS company, stick with Airalo or Holafly which I have used all over world and works perfectly! || || |USA 3GB|CAD 7.00| |7 days|Quantity: 1USA 3GB CAD 7.00 7 days Quantity: 1|

  • bravoo_johnny 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ConversationUnable95 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · esims options for Portugal AND Madeira

    I used Airalo and it worked great both in Portugal and Madeira! For me, I tend to use more data than the average person (streaming music 24/7, videos, Instagram, etc.) and 10GB was more than enough for the 2 weeks I was there, so if you're not planning on streaming much then I think 5GB will be great for you If you do end up going with Airalo, there's a $3 off discount code you can use (ARMAAN5539)! Good luck and safe travels!

    Europe
  • Waste_Length_3200 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Recommendation for Esim for Spain and France

    I have tried Navimo eSIMs, they are cheaper than Airalo and their performance is much better...5G pretty much everywhere...and you can topup if you need more data from the app. [https://mynavimo.com/france-esim](https://mynavimo.com/france-esim) [https://mynavimo.com/spain-esim](https://mynavimo.com/spain-esim)

  • pavoganso 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • micherle 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · US eSIM that use Verizon

    I’ve used Verizon for remote areas before, good coverage. TooSim app worked well for me on a trip to Flagstaff, AZ, using the Verizon network. I used Airalo and Nomad before, both solid, but TooSim's more convenient now—got 10 GB for $25. No need to swap SIMs, just switched it on. You can check Verizon-compatible eSIMs in the app's details section before buying.

  • Otherwise-North-5858 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Need help with ESIMs and data plans

    I just used an eSIM for the first time traveling to spain and it worked great. Just watch a YouTube video and follow instructions to install and activate.  Download the Airalo app use promo code MONIKA1152 at checkout when purchasing your eSIM to get $3.00 off  Cost is different for each country. I purchased and downloaded before living the US and then activated on arrival in Spain. My friend purchased in Spain and activated there and it worked both ways  20GB for Australia are $40 and is valid for 30 days . You can always add extra GB if needed 

    ActivationEurope
  • lonelyumbrella 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Two4theworld 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • TheWaters12 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

  • friendlyfieryfunny 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AlexTheMunchkin 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • abrahamguo 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • AlekMD 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Never eSIMd before - help! (Panama for two weeks)

    Switching to an eSIM is way easier than it sounds, and it will save you a ton of cash compared to standard roaming plans. You do not need a physical store or a brand new phone plan, you just buy a digital profile online, scan a QR code, and it installs directly to your phone. Before you buy anything, check your phone settings to ensure your device is carrier unlocked. If you bought your phone straight from Apple or Google, you are probably fine, but if you are on a payment plan with a carrier, they might have it locked. For Panama, Airalo is the most popular and reliable option for travelers. You just download their app, pick a Panama data package that matches your trip length, and install it before you leave. Once you touch down in Panama, you just toggle that digital SIM on in your cellular settings, set it to handle your data, and keep your regular carrier SIM active but with data roaming turned off so you do not get hit with surprise fees.

    Activation
  • alkhdaniel 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is there a good guide for eSIMs in China?

    Get an esim from trip.com, no need for a vpn. Its near impossible to get a Chinese eSim that also requires a VPN. You need a Chinese phone for local eSims and only the local ones need an esim. You should be paying around $12 for a month of 2gb/day data. Anything higher than that is basically just the provider (airalo, saily, etc) charging you a super high markup.

    AsieRapport qualité-prix
  • raygan_reddit_banned 🇬🇧

    2 commentaires analysés

    r/eSIMs · Any plan better for T-MOBILE users in Midwest?

    I have T Mobile Talk Only plan. Occasional Roadtrip, I'll get Airalo 5GB/30 for Google Map use. This Winter, the Network that Airalo use in my area are T-MOBILE, Verizon and AT&T lost connection. Maybe frozen equipment. So this Airalo USA plan is good for Warmer connections. Curious if anyone else use a similar use of esim for data for 30Days?

    États-Unis
    r/eSIMs · Any plan better for T-MOBILE users in Midwest?

    I have T Mobile Talk Only plan. Occasional Roadtrip, I'll get Airalo 5GB/30 for Google Map use. This Winter, the Network that Airalo use in my area are T-MOBILE, Verizon and AT&T lost connection. Maybe frozen equipment. So this Airalo USA plan is good for Warmer connections. Curious if anyone else use a similar use of esim for data for 30Days?

    États-Unis
  • LWT_Anduril 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • MemoryHot 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • ByTheBigPond 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSIM across multiple countries

    EU roaming agreements means you can use your phone to call, text, and use data in other EU countries at the same prices as you would in your own EU country. So you can sign up for an eSIM in any EU country and use it in all EU countries without paying any additional fees. There are lots of options for data only plans (Airalo is a favourite) as well as voice+data plans. You typically choose a duration and data limit.

    Europe
  • Illustrious_Life3360 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · esim & phone numbers

    Check Airalo. It has individual country, regional, & global. Also, you can purchase eSIM with data, voice & text. You will issued an international number for voice & text.

  • goprinterm 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Competitive_Set_4386 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · eSim for Sweden and Norway?

    Airalo → If budget + Normal usage Holafly → If I don’t want to think about limits Jetpac → If I want the smoothest overall experience across countries

    Pas cher
  • Altruistic-Lemon3143 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Has anyone tried MobiSIM?

    I saw, you are promoting Airalo but unfortunately Airalo is much expensive than Mobisim. I saw this comparison list and I’ve confirmed this. You can verify it as well! https://preview.redd.it/8a1e5dx84g7g1.jpeg?width=1320&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=fccc815cad9117d4f4a64aeeb9f69949257f869e

  • standardargument 🇬🇧

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/travel · Has anyone been able to use a Saily eSIM in China in 2024?

    Airalo is the best in terms of E-sims. They have regional plans with substantial data that you could choose or add according to your needs/usage. I have no idea whether or not it'll work in China. Moreover in my opinion, China is not worth visiting , especially giving the government more tourism money . There are so many diverse countries in Asia that are worth visiting more so than China. Fuck China .

  • comandantejesus79 🇮🇹

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Is there an eSIM that works well everywhere?

    Io ho girato spesso tutta l’Italia ( sono italiano) e vado in Svizzera, Slovenia Ungheria Slovacchia e Ucraina.. usato e trovato bene con Roamless Airalo Yesim GlobalYo Jetogo. Alla fine , se devo fare classifica, per piani a lunga durata premio Yesim e Airalo (Yesim assistenza fantastica). Per piani tutto l’anno Jetogo è imbattibile GlobalYo la peggiore

    Europe
  • OkCamp0608 🇮🇹

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · US Roadtrip from Italy

    Ciao! Io a gennaio ho usato Nomad, 10GB per 30 giorni pagando 9,75€. L’ho attivata appena l’ho acquistata e ho attivato il roaming appena atterrato. L’Esim si appoggia a AT&T e non ho mai avuto problemi di copertura a New York e Boston. Mi sembra che fosse la soluzione più economica per me confrontando le varie app tipo Airalo, Nomad, MobiMatter e Maya Mobile che ho usato in altri paesi.

  • TbruZ8932 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Europe eSIM?

    We spent a week in Dublin and a second week in Paris. Airalo worked great.

    Europe
  • Opposite-Courage8671 🇵🇹

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Esim Punta Cana

    Usei a Airalo em Punta Cana e funcionou bem na área dos resorts, mas em alguns pontos o sinal caiu bastante. Se a Roamic está mais barata, eu iria nela mesmo. Só verifica qual rede local eles usam.

  • Wise_Ad676 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • pastfuturewriter 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Only-Distance2546 🇮🇹

    1 commentaire analysé

    r/eSIMs · Holafly eSIM fiasco a New York, salvato da Airalo – esperienze?

    Grazie per il consiglio, ma ho controllato tutto: roaming attivo, APN corretti, aereo on/off, reset network – configurato al 100% su entrambi iPhone (17 Pro Max e 15). Con Holafly si agganciava solo a Verizon ma zero dati ovunque a NYC (Midtown, Chelsea, Brooklyn), impossibile pure Maps. Airalo invece si collega a T-Mobile e tira 4G/5G stabile ovunque, senza intoppi. Non un problema di config, Holafly proprio non funziona lì per me. Qualcun altro con esperienza simile su Verizon vs T-Mobile negli USA?

    États-Unis
  • CompetitiveFan3520 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • InevitableCultural81 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • Spyerx 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • veganexpat1000 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

  • EddiePloz 🌐

    2 commentaires analysés

  • Airalo 🌐

    1 commentaire analysé

Souvent comparé à

Questions fréquentes

Airalo est-il fiable en voyage ?

Les utilisateurs Reddit rapportent de nombreuses expériences satisfaisantes en Europe, en Asie et en Amérique du Nord. D’autres décrivent des déconnexions ou une absence totale de données, parfois en pleine ville ou lors d’un changement de pays, ce qui rend le bilan variable selon le forfait et la destination.

Airalo vaut-il son prix ?

Les utilisateurs Reddit jugent souvent Airalo plus cher que les offres locales et plusieurs eSIM concurrentes, surtout pour les longs séjours ou une forte consommation. Certains estiment toutefois que la facilité d’installation justifie le supplément et rapportent des économies face à l’itinérance de leur opérateur habituel.

Peut-on installer Airalo avant de partir ?

Les utilisateurs Reddit apprécient de pouvoir acheter et installer leur eSIM avant le départ, puis utiliser les données à l’arrivée. Les témoignages indiquent que le début de validité dépend du forfait, et certains signalent des réglages manuels ou des difficultés d’activation.

Airalo inclut-il les appels et les données illimitées ?

Les utilisateurs Reddit distinguent les forfaits uniquement dédiés aux données de certaines offres avec numéro, appels et SMS. Ils signalent aussi que plusieurs forfaits dits illimités réduisent le débit après une allocation quotidienne, tandis que WhatsApp et le partage de connexion donnent satisfaction dans de nombreux témoignages.